33%

Total votes: 15
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 10

Post by Golden »

THE IMPEACHMENT AND TRIAL OF GAIUS BALTAR

"Cylon sympathizer" screamed a voice from the crowd.

"Monster" screamed another.

"Frakking toaster lover" could be heard from somewhere in the back of the crowd.

Gaius Baltar was led past the crowd, to a meeting with the quorum where he was to be judged for what many considered to be collaboration with the cylons during the cylon occupation of New Caprica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"In closing, what choice did I have" Gaius appealed to the quorum. "I had no choice. I simply did what I had to do to help the human race survive!"

"Gaius, the quorum has voted unanimously. You have lost the confidence of the colonies, and you have lost the confidence of the quorum. You are with immediate effect impeached as President of the colonies. We also order that you stand trial for treason."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trial of Baltar was held, along with the trial of other people who were believed to be cylon sympathisers. When the judgement of the court came down, there was a split of opinion. The Admiral stood to deliver the verdict. "Gaius Baltar, by a vote of three to two, we find you not guilty" he declared.

The Admiral went on to deliver another verdict. "Tory Foster, by a vote of five to nil, we find you guilty. You will be ejected from an airlock immediately."

Dex has been lynched. He was Tory Foster, Cavil-aligned.
Gaius Baltar has been impeached as president. All laws have been repealed.
It is now night 10. You have 22 hours to send in your night action (the fleet may be jumped at the halfway point).
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Noice! Time to lynch Spacedaisy, then!
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

Good job everyone!

Thanks for saving me Dex, despite you being evil and stuff. I wish I could know if you just now turned evil or were evil all along.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

So say we all ....?

Omg, I'm so sorry. I have been trying to keep up and was going to vote when I got home from work tonight but I didn't get home in time! I'm so fail these last few days. :sigh:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:Noice! Time to lynch Spacedaisy, then!

I may join you. Her reason for not voting me didn't prevent her from voting S~V~S, and it was the same reason. That makes no sense to me.

Speak of the devil.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night 10

Post by sig »

Okay unless Epi is like hard core bussing I think I was wrong about him, I see no reason for him to vote for Dex if he was also cavil aligned true he could be bussing, but that seems foolish with two mafia members dead already.

I'm considering a Wilgy, OA, or Drum lynch tomorrow. I hated Drum's reason for voting Epi as well espacilly in light of SVS flip. I think we have mafia on the Cavil wagon as well, I think they know he can't be lynched and tried to push him ahead in the vote count in an attempt to not lynch Dex their teammate.
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote:
Polo wrote:Noice! Time to lynch Spacedaisy, then!

I may join you. Her reason for not voting me didn't prevent her from voting S~V~S, and it was the same reason. That makes no sense to me.

Speak of the devil.
Stop twisting things around Epi. I did not vote you because I don't suspect you. My saying that I don't believe I have ever suspected you was my way of saying I don't suspect you, I have never found anything you have done to be suspicious.

My reason for voting SVS was because there were two people in particular on that lynch train that I trusted to know what they were talking about when they said she was a cylon. That coupled with polo's insistence about her specific role, well it was pretty damning to me. So don't overlook my very good reason for voting SVS and pretend like it is in any way comparable to why I didn't want to vote you.

Did I miss the step where Nero adequately explained why he would come in and say all the F5 were Cavil aligned and everyone is just cool with It? Because I'm not, and should I have not voted SVS in the lynch before last he would have been my second choice. If I have simply missed this, someone please point it out to me?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 43

Post by insertnamehere »

So now that Baltar's busted, who's the new President?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

The old one isnt with us in my mind, so whoever is next in command right? That would be Lee.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@HOST do our double votes for tomorrow still count or no?
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:@HOST do our double votes for tomorrow still count or no?
No. The law has been repealed. Sorry.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

DrWilgy wrote:@Sokoth don't tell me how to play, and if you want me to get agressive then I'll be lynching you. You still have yet to comment on anything outside the realm of your suspicion on me. I asked you very specifically on 2 other players and you have ignored them.

SokothQultuq

Go ahead and lymch me then Sig. Stop talking about it. You too OA.

While I feel bad about those who are argueing or have argued for my lynch on what feels baseless, the order of scumminess is this Sokoth, Sig, BR, Daisy, OA and DrumBeats (least scummiest).

In regards to me asking everyone for a duel. Why did I see no comments on it. Did I miss it? Enough people want to lynch me, so at least give me this.

Duel(8)
post 1 -

So Say We all -

Good Ridden to bad rubbish as far as our Former "President" is concerned.

@Wilgy

See there ya go again. Doing it all over again. I'm not telling you how to play, I'm just saying your really really stuck on having this argument. And I'm not, I've made up my mind about you and you for some reason cannot seem to stand it, its grinding your gears!

If anyone here is showing signs of aggression its yourself. Self Preservation I suppose. But you keep getting more and more angry each post. I've stated my peace. I have given reason enough on why I believe you are what you are. You just keep reinforcing it by continuing this line of crap you keep throwing out and because of your reactions it seems to me to be exactly that. Crap. I'm not being anything but perhaps passive aggressive. You just keep feeding the fire.

I told you what you need to do to get off my radar. But you seem determined to stay right there. And it seems I'm not the only one who's noticing. Why are you so defensive about my opinion? Why are you being so aggressive? You certainly are not making any effort to move on and prove me wrong, you just keep proving me right. You seem to have an equal amount of support on both sides of the fence from what I've noticed. I'm just not in the "He's good Camp" sorry.

And the band plays on!
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

DrWilgy wrote:@Sokoth don't tell me how to play, and if you want me to get agressive then I'll be lynching you. You still have yet to comment on anything outside the realm of your suspicion on me. I asked you very specifically on 2 other players and you have ignored them.

SokothQultuq

Go ahead and lymch me then Sig. Stop talking about it. You too OA.

While I feel bad about those who are argueing or have argued for my lynch on what feels baseless, the order of scumminess is this Sokoth, Sig, BR, Daisy, OA and DrumBeats (least scummiest).

In regards to me asking everyone for a duel. Why did I see no comments on it. Did I miss it? Enough people want to lynch me, so at least give me this.

Duel(8)
post 1 -

So Say We all -

Good Ridden to bad rubbish as far as our Former "President" is concerned.

@Wilgy

See there ya go again. Doing it all over again. I'm not telling you how to play, I'm just saying your really really stuck on having this argument. And I'm not, I've made up my mind about you and you for some reason cannot seem to stand it, its grinding your gears!

If anyone here is showing signs of aggression its yourself. Self Preservation I suppose. But you keep getting more and more angry each post. I've stated my peace. I have given reason enough on why I believe you are what you are. You just keep reinforcing it by continuing this line of crap you keep throwing out and because of your reactions it seems to me to be exactly that. Crap. I'm not being anything but perhaps passive aggressive. You just keep feeding the fire.

I told you what you need to do to get off my radar. But you seem determined to stay right there. And it seems I'm not the only one who's noticing. Why are you so defensive about my opinion? Why are you being so aggressive? You certainly are not making any effort to move on and prove me wrong, you just keep proving me right. You seem to have an equal amount of support on both sides of the fence from what I've noticed. I'm just not in the "He's good Camp" sorry.

And the band plays on!
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Good one, Epi. :clap:

I like that Nero fearlessly threw the first Dex vote down. I like that the stupid 10 post law is dead. I like that I can make this little post and not feel like I'm wasting resources.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Good one, Epi. :clap:

I like that Nero fearlessly threw the first Dex vote down. I like that the stupid 10 post law is dead. I like that I can make this little post and not feel like I'm wasting resources.
For real, though.

Good job, Epi and all who followed. While I was catching up I already knew Dex had the most votes and I'm just sittin' here like "Woooooow". But again, I was wrong. Tee-hee!

Let's try to lynch Cavil tomorrow, maybe we only needed to get another bad cylon before we can lynch him. I mean, I get the theory that he can't be lynched until the team is dead, but at what point do we try? Does anyone have a specific number of players figured for the mafia? I dunno.

Note about the F5 -

Both Saul Tigh and Tory Foster were F5 in the show too, despite them being "randomed" in the game. Hot Dog wasn't tho, Anders was, but Bea didn't come back. Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

This is Dex's first post on Day 10.
Dex wrote:For my own part, I doubt that a vote for Cavil will do anything more than to buy him more time. I have to agree that a focus on the 4ofF5 is our most productive approach, even though that includes me. If we have to eliminate Cavil's team to get to Cavil, one or two of them are there, and that's a small pool of suspects to search.
The first things he says after "So Say We All" and "I suspect Cavil!" is to agree with the notion that a vote for Cavil is a waste of time and he'd rather investigate a group that includes himself. "Yeah totes there's prolly two baddies in that group, let's go through them before voting Cavil again" pretty much sums it up and I don't like it. :evileye:

Hrm. Can we at least talk about maybe lynching Cavil tomorrow town?
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:This is Dex's first post on Day 10.
Dex wrote:For my own part, I doubt that a vote for Cavil will do anything more than to buy him more time. I have to agree that a focus on the 4ofF5 is our most productive approach, even though that includes me. If we have to eliminate Cavil's team to get to Cavil, one or two of them are there, and that's a small pool of suspects to search.
The first things he says after "So Say We All" and "I suspect Cavil!" is to agree with the notion that a vote for Cavil is a waste of time and he'd rather investigate a group that includes himself. "Yeah totes there's prolly two baddies in that group, let's go through them before voting Cavil again" pretty much sums it up and I don't like it. :evileye:

Hrm. Can we at least talk about maybe lynching Cavil tomorrow town?
I'm open to the idea. If we sit on our hands too long without even knowing how many baddies there are, that can be catastrophic. The only reason we have to doubt whether Cavil can be lynched is S~V~S saying he can't be lynched. :suspish:

I hate the thought of failing to lynch him and then giving the baddies a free kill, but I also think this question needs to be answered before the last couple phases of the game when a no lynch or diverted lynch could be a game-losing mistake.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

There's also the possibility that this reincarnated zombie Cavil might have night actions or some other kind of benefit that I don't want the baddies to take advantage of.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote:Stop twisting things around Epi.
Is that what he's done? What motive do you think Epi has to twist things around about you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night 9

Post by Matt »

Hey Rico
Dex wrote:#3
Ricochet wrote:This took quite a while to think off (which is quite the understatement, given what I've focused on yesterDay), but what are the chances of Boomer having been a sort of seemer - not in terms of showing up as someone else, but showing up as town?

One reason that keeps nagging me is the role of Cally. Why would Cally be designed to have a shot at killing Boomer, if Boomer were civilian? Town praying on town makes no sense. Mind you, we're not talking some basic ninja civ skills, with which a civilian can either hit the jackpot and eliminate mafia or frak up and deplete the civ ranks... we're talking a specific, revengeful (according to the l-word) bullet for one character only. It doesn't matter that Cally never reached Boomer (maybe she hasn't even lived enough to achieve that), it matters that she was destined to, from the design.

Another aspect is that Boomer's alignment flip being seemer-ish would have allowed for Glorfindel to play out his "truthful / never lying" facade. In a strange way, if he knew he'd flip town, he didn't need to feel conflicted that he's lying to us about being genuine and town and fighting for the good cause (...even if was lying), because he would know that, upon showing up as town, our minds would get fried (*raises hand*) and we'd treat his legacy as genuine.

Besides, if Glorfindel was by any stretch of the imagination Cavil-aligned, I have no doubt that SVS mentored him in how to defend to perfection.

Please comment.

END OF POST #3
Rico, I don't know what to say. I think this is brilliant, and rings true to me. In the show, if there was any character who "seemed" good but wasn't, it was Boomer. None of the other cylons were moles in quite the same way. It explains so much that has been bothering me since the Boomer flip.
Do you think Dex is bsing you here or being honest?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 9

Post by Matt »

Dex wrote:Polo, this is a flat-out lie:
Polo wrote:S~V~S was the only person here who argued with me on this. It's a major red flag in my book. By showing confidence at asking me to give her a name, she wanted me to forget any possibility of her being Cavil, but this little trick was her big mistake.]
Did you forget our exchange on this topic?
Dex wrote:You asked me the same question and I gave you the same answer as did S~V~S. The finer points of the debate deserve more attention. You seem to only regard the Cain or Cavil first question non contextually; in a vacuum, which is the greater evil, Cain or Cavil? You are dismayed when anybody answers anything but Cavil. But S~V~S and I were coming from a context where we were fairly certain who Cain was - and we were right - and had no idea who Cavil was. It could have taken us all game to find Cavil; we had Cain in hand.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the mafia boss "being more dangerous to mafia than to civs". That may be true per se, Cavil wants all humans dead (I presume) and Cain didn't want any humans dead. But you overlook the fact that Cain made civ victory twice as difficult by requiring twice the number of lynches to win. And that's just the numerical disadvantage. Martial law was depriving us of half the cylons as aliies, and denying us whatever powers they had that might be of great usefulness to the civ cause. Possibly even, for example, finding Cavil.

What you are apparently preferring here is that we spend an indeterminate amount of time prioritizing a search for a particular role with half the chance to win the game than to take out first a known target that will double our chances of winning.

If anybody had even the slightest inkling who Cavil was, we may have answered you differently. Taking out a target who we had pretty much identified who was having a serious negative effect on a civ victory was a far, far better choice.
During the course of a lengthy debate, I also asked you for a name. How have you forgotten all of this? Selective memory? In my last in-case-I'm-NKed post, just before I was in fact NKed, I named S~V~S as one of my strongest civ reads, and that remains the case. I find your tunneling on her very peculiar.
Unless this is a very elaborate dance by the mafia in thread, I'm going to withdraw my previous accusation of Polo bussing SVS.

Like, Dex just called out Polo for being a liar in defense of SVS before she was lynched. Haha. If Polo was mafia too that'd be cray cray!

I'm also liking sig still, even more after seeing his interaction with Dex about Glorfy.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

3J - As always, way to be with the interactions info. I don't know how you do it tbh.

I believe there was a question...
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Was this Drumbeats original pattern?
Even when looking at the thread around this post I can't figure out what she's talking about other than that it's relevant to the resurrection ship grid thing. MATT, I think she was talking to you. Could you shed light on this?
I think she was asking if the pattern we were using, regarding the sorties, was Drumbeats' pattern.

Lol at my post calling for SVS to do all the sorties. :blush:
Image Image Image Image
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Nerolunar »

Thank god we don't need to number posts anymore. And we got yet another evil player! Good job.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Fog of Love Host
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Fog of Love Host »

So say we all!

....by my command :feb:

Yay back from jail just in time to be rid of that silly 10 posts rule :D I look forward to going back in another day for some R & R.

That was rather mean of you picking on poor Dex :( He worked so hard for you gelatinous bloodbags the first time around.

This is my list of reads for today since I was unable to comply with Adamas directives yesterday, and God only knows complying with Adamas directives is always at the top of my list.

Black Rock
DrumBeats
DrWilgy
Epignosis
G-Man
insertnamehere
JaggedJimmyJay

John Cavil
juliets
Matt
Nerolunar
ObscureAllure
Polo
Rabbit8
Ricochet
sig
SokothQultuq
Spacedaisy

GOOD

BAD

Have a good rest of the night; always remember the night is dark & full of terrors.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

John Cavil wrote:So say we all!

....by my command :feb:

Yay back from jail just in time to be rid of that silly 10 posts rule :D I look forward to going back in another day for some R & R.

That was rather mean of you picking on poor Dex :( He worked so hard for you gelatinous bloodbags the first time around.

This is my list of reads for today since I was unable to comply with Adamas directives yesterday, and God only knows complying with Adamas directives is always at the top of my list.

Black Rock
DrumBeats
DrWilgy
Epignosis
G-Man
insertnamehere
JaggedJimmyJay

John Cavil
juliets
Matt
Nerolunar
ObscureAllure
Polo
Rabbit8
Ricochet
sig
SokothQultuq
Spacedaisy

GOOD

BAD

Have a good rest of the night; always remember the night is dark & full of terrors.

:haha:
Fog of Love Host
Sockpuppet Account

If you're gonna be an outed baddie, you might as well have fun with it, right? :shrug:

Better for you guys to die laughing than to die angry :cloud9:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

John Cavil wrote:If you're gonna be an outed baddie, you might as well have fun with it, right? :shrug:

Better for you guys to die laughing than to die angry :cloud9:
You forgot to mark down Spacedaisy and G-Man as good on your list. I thought they were your friends :workit:
Fog of Love Host
Sockpuppet Account

I don't have any friends :(
Fog of Love Host
Sockpuppet Account

That's why I enjoy trolling you so much :D
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

G'afternoon. Yeah, about the vote yesterday, I fell asleep again. I told ya you should have told me fast who to vote for.

Also, while this may sound hypocritical coming from a no-voter: stop copping out by voting with John Cavil. That includes you, Matt. Civilianshipread rescinded. If you're town, you're doing a disservice to town by making us interpret the nature of you doing so. Right now, looking at the names, I'm wondering if there's not another mafia on that four-vote wagon.
Matt wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Good one, Epi. :clap:

For real, though.

Good job, Epi and all who followed. While I was catching up I already knew Dex had the most votes and I'm just sittin' here like "Woooooow". But again, I was wrong. Tee-hee!

Let's try to lynch Cavil tomorrow, maybe we only needed to get another bad cylon before we can lynch him. I mean, I get the theory that he can't be lynched until the team is dead, but at what point do we try? Does anyone have a specific number of players figured for the mafia? I dunno.
I think Cavil is last-to-die. Right now, given the numbers, let's catch Doral and maybe another Cavil-aligned F5 and then, maybe, we can discuss whether that's been enough to make Cavil the last of 'em.
Matt wrote: Note about the F5 -

Both Saul Tigh and Tory Foster were F5 in the show too, despite them being "randomed" in the game. Hot Dog wasn't tho, Anders was, but Bea didn't come back. Hrm.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

===

Holy shit, so Nerolunar's brig time worked? Yay!

Shame about no double targeting allowed.

===
Matt wrote:Do you think Dex is bsing you here or being honest?
I think it served his purpose of acting genuine, otherwise I don't care. If I'm right, one less baddie to deal with. If I'm wrong, who cares.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Nerolunar wrote:I believe Dex is bad, Epig.

I need to vote because I'm going to bed. I'm still leaning bad on you Epig but the point you are raising against Dex looks reasonable. Makes me wonder if Glorfindel really was bad/seemer. Out of the other F5 I like Juliets way more than Daisy.

Vote Dex

I'm thinking Nero may have BTSC with Juliets. My money is on Spacedaisy being mafia with Dex.

Totally cool with lynching her tomorrow.
Fog of Love Host
Sockpuppet Account

By then end of the night, whoever repealed the 10 post rule is gonna be everyones worst enemy :feb:

And you guys should listen to Rico more :nicenod:
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Okay, so who do I send to the brig today?

Any ideas? :confused:
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Nerolunar wrote:Okay, so who do I send to the brig today?

Either Spacedaisy or G-Man! There's Wilgy and OA, too, but I'd rather go after the first two.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Hey now, you shouldn't want the person you want lynch to go silenced.

Silence me, Nero. I may go hiking Sunday, so I could very well use the mafianap. Alternate this with silencing Cavil, over and over. :nicenod:

Or silence Matt. Three of his last four votes have went sideways.
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 9

Post by ObscureAllure »

Matt wrote:
Dex wrote:Polo, this is a flat-out lie:
Polo wrote:S~V~S was the only person here who argued with me on this. It's a major red flag in my book. By showing confidence at asking me to give her a name, she wanted me to forget any possibility of her being Cavil, but this little trick was her big mistake.]
Did you forget our exchange on this topic?
Dex wrote:You asked me the same question and I gave you the same answer as did S~V~S. The finer points of the debate deserve more attention. You seem to only regard the Cain or Cavil first question non contextually; in a vacuum, which is the greater evil, Cain or Cavil? You are dismayed when anybody answers anything but Cavil. But S~V~S and I were coming from a context where we were fairly certain who Cain was - and we were right - and had no idea who Cavil was. It could have taken us all game to find Cavil; we had Cain in hand.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the mafia boss "being more dangerous to mafia than to civs". That may be true per se, Cavil wants all humans dead (I presume) and Cain didn't want any humans dead. But you overlook the fact that Cain made civ victory twice as difficult by requiring twice the number of lynches to win. And that's just the numerical disadvantage. Martial law was depriving us of half the cylons as aliies, and denying us whatever powers they had that might be of great usefulness to the civ cause. Possibly even, for example, finding Cavil.

What you are apparently preferring here is that we spend an indeterminate amount of time prioritizing a search for a particular role with half the chance to win the game than to take out first a known target that will double our chances of winning.

If anybody had even the slightest inkling who Cavil was, we may have answered you differently. Taking out a target who we had pretty much identified who was having a serious negative effect on a civ victory was a far, far better choice.
During the course of a lengthy debate, I also asked you for a name. How have you forgotten all of this? Selective memory? In my last in-case-I'm-NKed post, just before I was in fact NKed, I named S~V~S as one of my strongest civ reads, and that remains the case. I find your tunneling on her very peculiar.
Unless this is a very elaborate dance by the mafia in thread, I'm going to withdraw my previous accusation of Polo bussing SVS.

Like, Dex just called out Polo for being a liar in defense of SVS before she was lynched. Haha. If Polo was mafia too that'd be cray cray!

I'm also liking sig still, even more after seeing his interaction with Dex about Glorfy.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm inclined to agree. Not saying I think polo is good, but in the least I don't think he's Cavil aligned.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

Polo wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Okay, so who do I send to the brig today?

Either Spacedaisy or G-Man! There's Wilgy and OA, too, but I'd rather go after the first two.
I honestly don't understand how you can go from calling me out as a good Cylon Obscure Six to picking on me for everything you want done (silenced, lynched, etc.) Make up your mind. Either I'm obscure six or I'm bad. If you really are going to name drop who I am, at least have the decency to stop coming after me when you know damn well the role of Six is Civvie.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Does he? Do we?
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I'm sending Matt to the brig. Sorry, but we should not vote Cavil tomorrow and I don't want you to start a wagon on him again. Lets find the other baddies first.
ImageImage

rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 153

Post by rabbit8 »

Good job, Epig.... :|

I'm leaving for my 10 year anniversary cruise tomorrow. So... I will try to post and vote as much as possible.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

whoopee! Good job Nero and Epi! Goodbye Dex.

I'll be doing chatzy and Jeopardy tonight. Come by to talk or play or watch Jeopardy. The chatzy meet-up is 3:00 pm est to whenever and Jeopardy is at 6:00.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Nerolunar wrote:I'm sending Matt to the brig. Sorry, but we should not vote Cavil tomorrow and I don't want you to start a wagon on him again. Lets find the other baddies first.
For real?

Lol okey dokey.

Town - I invite you again to look at Dex's first post on Day 10 where he agreed that lynching Cavil is a waste of time and how we should instead investigate a group of four that included him.

Dex certainly did not want us lynching Cavil so yeah let's go with that.

:eek:
Image Image Image Image
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Matt wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:I'm sending Matt to the brig. Sorry, but we should not vote Cavil tomorrow and I don't want you to start a wagon on him again. Lets find the other baddies first.
For real?

Lol okey dokey.

Town - I invite you again to look at Dex's first post on Day 10 where he agreed that lynching Cavil is a waste of time and how we should instead investigate a group of four that included him.

Dex certainly did not want us lynching Cavil so yeah let's go with that.

:eek:
Spill your guts now because I already sent in my night action XD
ImageImage

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lol this is going to be the first Sunday I've had off in like a year, and I'm going to be silenced through it.

Laaaaaaaaaaame.

Linki - Lol Nero. Okay you and the rest keep fear mongering people into thinking lynching Cavil won't do anything.

3J, do me a favor and don't let town (especially Nero and Rico here) go without at least speaking of the possibility that Cavil can be lynched and that SVS is full of...*excuse me*...shit. (Love ya SVS!)
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Nero do you think I'm civ or a baddie? For real now. Are you purposely going to use your power on a civvie? This is ridic!

Lol I'm sad and laughing about this at the same time. :sigh:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

@NERO

When you return, even if I'm silenced, I want you to discuss your interpretation of Dex's first post on Day 10 where he suggested lynching his evil cohort would be a waste of time.

Thanks.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't think it benefits town to silence anyone; that does nothing but inhibit the production of readable content. If the brig cancels a vote too, I would give Matt a break here and use it against a consensus top suspect whose vote might actually turn a lynch over.

Or just don't use it if you don't have to.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't think it benefits town to silence anyone; that does nothing but inhibit the production of readable content. If the brig cancels a vote too, I would give Matt a break here and use it against a consensus top suspect whose vote might actually turn a lynch over.

Or just don't use it if you don't have to.
Yep, people sent to the brig don't get to vote on the following day.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:3J, do me a favor and don't let town (especially Nero and Rico here) go without at least speaking of the possibility that Cavil can be lynched and that SVS is full of...*excuse me*...shit. (Love ya SVS!)
I can at least field the discussion. If you're not silenced though I need you to do me a favor and not drop a Cavil vote prematurely just because it's what you want to do. Be mindful of potential wagons and save that sucker until it's truly needed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Matt wrote:Nero do you think I'm civ or a baddie? For real now. Are you purposely going to use your power on a civvie? This is ridic!

Lol I'm sad and laughing about this at the same time. :sigh:
I don't know... Haven't really considered you up until now. You seem civ.

However, I'm not against using my power to condemn discourses I don't agree with. I silenced Ika day one because he kept screaming "KILL ALL CYLONS" even though I was leaning civ on him. Btw I read Silverwolf got mad too about that - Can't even remember why I silenced her though... Ugh. It just wasn't personal, thats for sure. I would never do that. :hug:
Matt wrote:@NERO

When you return, even if I'm silenced, I want you to discuss your interpretation of Dex's first post on Day 10 where he suggested lynching his evil cohort would be a waste of time.

Linki - I already sent in my night action :shrug: Next time I'm going to wait before sending it in. Doing it prematurely like this was a bad idea, I'm sorry.
Thanks.
Hmm. I looked at it.

You might be right. However, I'm not sure it is a good idea to even kill him. Like, he is not going to be of much disturbance anyways - we can work around his vote if need be. The only reason I'm worried if is he has night actions or other powers/benefits that he might use against us. We don't know if he has anything. I am more interested in going after the "real" baddies right now. We can lynch Cavil later imo.

This makes me look like I'm defending Cavil which is not the case. I just want to continue scumhunting for a little while longer.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”