Total votes: 15
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - GAME OVER

Post by juliets »

I can't believe this game is over. After spending the day in the car yesterday I planned a day today where I am by myself and could just immerse myself in back reads of people I wasn't sure about. Oh well, maybe I'll read a book.

Golden this was a great game - one of the best I've ever played. I didn't know the lore because I didn't watch the show but that only hampered me a little bit. I didn't post much because I was incredibly unsure of who was bad and who was good. Wilgy was a good example of that - some days I thought he was good and some days I thought he was bad. I was the most unsure in this game than any other I have played which I think implies good mechanics and good play by the baddies.

Congrats to the winners and to the losers know you played a really good game. S~V~S I never even suspected you - you really had me fooled.

On to the next game!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Ok, here are some hot takes. I'll start off with the narcissistic ones, but it'll get better afterwards:

1) To anyone who may have had issues with me this game (just in case), I quote the wiki: "Romo Lampkin is a highly capable yet ethically questionable lawyer". Remove ethically, because I didn't find myself to have been truly out of line, keep questionable and you basically get the gist.

2) Not always (especially early on), but I used the syntagm "for what it's worth" in every defense I was required to post.

3) I got punished with carry-overs of my previous task(s) or, at one point, insanification, for not fulfilling the required quota (which happened quite a lot, to my shame).

4) I had to defend, in order:
DFaraday (mafia) [successful)
DrumBeats (civilian) [unsuccessful)
Silverwolf and DrumBeats (civilians) [Silverwolf successful, DrumBeats unsuccessful, was insanified for it]
Vompatti (wombat) [successful]
Sig (civilian) [successful]
INH (civilian) [unsuccessful]
Beats and INH (civilians) [unsuccessful]
Beats and INH and Polo (civilians) [unsuccessful, but then Golden finally let me off the hook]
Beats (civilians) [unsuccessful]
JJJ (Admiral) [successful]
Sig (civilian) [unsuccessful]

5) So, despite this role being (I can only assume) crafted to be a very risky / dubious town one, I had to defend a grand total of one (1) scumbag throughout this entire game. I also had to defend DrumBeats a record four times.

6) At the risk of pedantry, I take small issue with the wording in my role: "post at least 5 posts that are clearly in defenceof that person". In defence, to me, implies to actually defend that player from an accusation or at the very least have context within the thread to post my alternative / positive input on the player, not to simply wrote something / anything good. From my angle, given that more than often I've received players with very little shade on them or highly infrequently brought up by others, I consider that crafting "say-good-about" posts out of thin air was depressingly hard to achieve.

7) Despite being so undeserved, this win finally brought me up to Nevinera's 7, albeit it's 7 out of 15 for me, instead of 7 out of 10. This is only my second civilian win ever (out of 6), on the other hand I still rock the full game format (6-2, I'm not counting Championship as Full, but Special).

8) Matt would have been guaranteed to post in this game for all eternity... :eek:

9) Two of three Presidents died in quick succession. Black Rock was one nightkill away from actually winning, too. SVS basically contributed directly to both her and bea losing, tsk tsk.

Yeah, I was kidding, it'll only get worse.

10) Please to answer: nutella, did you silence/insanify anyone?

11) Please to answer: DFaraday / Dex, did you ever determine a lynch?

12) Please to answer: Spacedaisy, who did you search for?

13) Please to answer: GMan (messenger again :eek:), who did you message?

14) Please to answer: SVS, which were your failed night targets?

15) Please to answer: LoRab, who did you target (until quitting)?

16) Please to answer: Scotty, who did you search for or who did you removed from the poll?

17) Please to answer: Long Con, did you control anyone on N3 throught D5?

18) Please to answer: Metalmarsh89, did you stop nightkill 3 or 5?

19) Please to answer: Glorfindel, did you use any of your abilities?

20) Please to answer: bea, did you grab any goodies? (Speaking of which, didn't the contest died out after just a few phases? :confused:)

21) Please to answer: Silverwolf / INH, did you gain a check on anyone?

22) As far as I can tell, BR's vote count never got as far as 3 in the whole game.

23) Please to answer: Epignosis, who did you send messages to?

24) Please to answer: Nerolunar, who did you incarcerate? Golden, did any of his targets gain double vote afterwards?

25) Please to answer: Polo, who did you protect?

26) Please to answer: Sokoth, who did you make immune from votes on them counting?

27) Please to answer: Golden, did sig gain any nightkill protection percentage?

28) Please to answer: Golden, where did zebra/rabbit's vote actually end up?

29) Please to answer: DrumBeats, who did you search for?

10, because I'm not going back to readjust the numbering) Still can't say I'm 100% on board with the interpretation of Boomer's status. Cally's kill triggered her to dump the human cause? Maybe so, but she was still programmed to do sabotage-y things towards the fleet, not to mention a murder attempt on the Admiral. To our blindfolded perception, all this could have warranted an anti-town perception of her.

11) Technically, Jaydama never missed a single salute. :eek:

12) On very shallow inspection, I get the vibe that town had too many one-time survival and lynch stop elements, compared to which both the converted and potential baddies were not especially powered (apart for a lot of messaging, one screw-with-the-lynch use and silencing/insanifying). Given how late Cally was converted, town vigi'ing on town - in no accidental manner (say a vigi choosing wrong) - still makes no sense to me personally. But I think that's about it.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

This should have been in pedantic, wtfrak.

11) Technically, Jaydama never missed a single salute. :eek:

30) Oh, apart from always using the word frak, I have nothing to claim in terms of roleplaying. The last time I heavily did that, I was courteously silenced with a night kill, so I decided not to go there again.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

I tried to kill Polo, I believe that was MM that foiled me, maybe day 3, I think? It was a few days before he began to suspect me. I used up night protections on INH & JJJ, those were the two fail kills in a row. The last night that I killed Black Rock, I was going to initially kill JJJ, but I was not sure if being jailed blocked me, so I decided to kill someone who was unlikely to be protected, being as she was mostly afk, instead as a test just in case G Man survived and we got in another kill.

I think Polo was the MVP, and I am not sure about roleplay, tbh.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

Doc Cottle's protegees:

N01: indiglo
N02: Vompatti
N03: I pooped and missed sending my PM, but nobody was NK'd this night!
N04: Polo
N05: Silverwolf
N06: Polo
N07: insertnamehere
N08: JaggedJimmyJay
N09: insertnamehere
N10: JaggedJimmyJay
N11: Polo
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

Ricochet wrote:DFaraday (mafia) [successful)
DFaraday wasn't mafia :confused2:
I determined Long Cain would be lynched. But then he was just lynched anyway. D'oh! I sure could have used that power later.
*indiglowing*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Night three was MMs night, I think.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

S~V~S wrote:I tried to kill Polo, I believe that was MM that foiled me, maybe day 3, I think? It was a few days before he began to suspect me. I used up night protections on INH & JJJ, those were the two fail kills in a row. The last night that I killed Black Rock, I was going to initially kill JJJ, but I was not sure if being jailed blocked me, so I decided to kill someone who was unlikely to be protected, being as she was mostly afk, instead as a test just in case G Man survived and we got in another kill.

Did you expect anyone to figure you out that early?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

This is the post that made me believe you were Cavil, BTW: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 47#p279747
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Four

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote:
Polo wrote:I'll repeat myself: I'd rather go after Cavil and his pack before doing anything with regards to Cain.
Do you know who he is?

Let's do it. Give me a name.
The funny thing is I would have said exactly the same thing were I a civ :shrug:

You kept saying you would rather lynch Cavil first, but we KNEW who Cain was.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Polo wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I tried to kill Polo, I believe that was MM that foiled me, maybe day 3, I think? It was a few days before he began to suspect me. I used up night protections on INH & JJJ, those were the two fail kills in a row. The last night that I killed Black Rock, I was going to initially kill JJJ, but I was not sure if being jailed blocked me, so I decided to kill someone who was unlikely to be protected, being as she was mostly afk, instead as a test just in case G Man survived and we got in another kill.

You caught me out fair & square; no need to gloat ;)
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

S~V~S wrote:
Polo wrote:

You caught me out fair & square; no need to gloat ;)
NO, NO! That's not what I meant! I mean did you believe that someone could have figured out you were Cavil from that response to my post!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:
Technically, there's no MVP prize, except among the dead. :p
Dex wrote:
Oh right. So make that zero (0) mafia to have been defended by me.

Hey, I actually got off easy. :blush:

The most... ahem, "pleasant" was defending Vompatti. I was insanified, but allowed to post normal only to defend Voopy. Then Voopy got himself sent to the brig for not saluting enough times and he became a complete non-subject for me to defend. Not even if planets would align, I tell ya...
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

Alright, I'll post these one at a time because I have some commentary on each one. I got to pick not only who got the message but who the message appeared to be from. This was cool because I usually don't care much for anonymous pen pal or chatty Kathy roles. I determined early on that I had to be careful who I wrote to and who I made the note look like they were from. My first two were pretty well done because I was very careful to try and capture the way the "senders" wrote.

Ironically, S~V~S's prodding on Day 1 scared the crap out of me. I managed to satisfy her as a civvie in Spirited Away with haiku reads and I was worried that she might be able to see through a phony set of reads. I concocted a note that was designed to steer her away from me for a little bit. I chose to make it from ObscureAllure because I know the two of them go back to prior forums and it seemed believable to me that OA would reach out to S~V~S if she had the chance to send messages.

Go figure that S~V~S was not only the head baddie but also recruited me to her team the same night.

NIGHT 1 MESSAGE
TO: S~V~S
My role has options and I'm damn well going to explore them. You're one of the few people I think I can trust. Too many strangers around here.

I'm allowed to share three pieces of information per message but I still have to follow the rules. Hopefully this all gets through uncensored.

1) The theory about fractured Cylon BTSC is correct.

2) Repeating your Day 1 vote wouldn't be a bad idea.

3) I cannot confirm or deny any other Cylons at this time.

Due to double-targeting, the next time I will be able to communicate with you will be Night 3. If you wish to receive additional messages from me, please include the phrase 'over and out' in one of your Day 2 posts. If I don't see that, then I will assume you don't trust me. I don't know who to contact on Night 2 just yet. Perhaps Day 2 will help sort that out.

Good luck.
I was thrilled to wake up the next morning to find that S~V~S took the bait:
S~V~S wrote:So say we all.

I am here just woke up, will be back in time to do my post, over and out.
I also got BTSC with John Cavil overnight. Initially, our BTSC was only supposed to be between me and the Cavil sock, not me and S~V~S. A couple of factors (which shall remain a secret) contributed to me figuring out in short order that Cavil was, in fact, S~V~S, which allowed her to ditch using the Cavil sock in our private thread. This led to the following exchange:
G-Man wrote:One question for you- does the phrase 'over and out' mean anything to you?
John Cavil wrote:Yes I got a message from OA. Or did I, lol?
As you'll see with the next two posts, we kept the same general framework for the messages as I created what would become my shining achievement of the game...
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Woah! Game over!

Didn't expect that to end so suddenly. Talk about a Cavil massacre..

Polo wins civ MVP for sure.
Ricochet wrote:16) Please to answer: Scotty, who did you search for or who did you removed from the poll?
I don't remember exactly who, but I went down the gambit of women playing, just in case Starbuck was in fact being played by a woman. Like I checked indiglo the same night she died. So that sucked. Matt does not fit the bill of a woman.

I also got this inclination based on the admiral's messages that zebra was the admiral. And I kept pushing that. Right around day 5, when zebra/rabbit was getting all sorts of bad looks, I took her/him off the poll.

Ugh sucks that deadies don't win :( Ive just come to expect a loss in games nowadays :sigh:

Indiglo being killed brought about my short stint as president. I really enjoyed the power, even if we were only allowed to choose from a bank of laws. I really liked the "X Protection Law" which gave a random person immunity to a night kill. I thought this was hugely in favor of the civs, and took advantage of that law on Marmot (I didn't choose him). I hoped that law would come around again but I didn't last past that second night to see.

Also, vompatti comin in with the Post Limit law. Man, I saw that one on my second night and I just knew that would be a terrible law to pass from my perspective because of the stifling of conversation and cramming stuff into wall posts, so I picked the less harmful "post in haiku every day" law. I must say that Gaius and I have different strategies to our platforms lol.

Thanks for the awesomely complex game, Golden! Now that I've played this, I almost feel like I've seen the show. It's only slightly unfortunate that I felt like I had to read up on the show lore and spoil myself, because now I don't really feel like sitting through the show. I still have never seen an episode. Ah well
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

So anyway, the post that convinced me that Wilgy was a civ cylon came right after Long Cain was lynched:
DrWilgy wrote:And I have a win condition again! Yay me!
Who doesn't have win conditions under martial law?

Right after this, Goldama posted an admonition against discussing win conditions, which I thought was a pretty big indicator of what to look for. Yet in the end, even 3J, who was essentially spot-on the entire game, concluded my defense of the Dr. was entirely lore-based. :facepalm:
*indiglowing*
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

About mid-way through Day 2 I changed gears on the intent of the messages. Originally, we thought it would be neat to try to replicate the success of my "OA" message by tricking one person or a pair into working with us by using the same code phrase. Having used 'over and out' on S~V~S, I knew we needed a new one. I settled on a more conspicuous phrase that would stand out if either of the next two recipients used it in the thread.

That code phrase was 'chaos agent.'

The plan could cut both ways. If we had two willing message recipients who used the phrase, then they would trust each other in the thread as well as taking our directions. If one of the recipients was willing to play ball and the other one wasn't, then the chances were high that the refusing recipient would see the phrase used by the willing recipient and tear into them. If neither recipient took the bait and the code phrase went unused, then we'd have just used again on a third person until someone bought it or the game got stale.

We got so much more than we could have hoped for out of this little ruse, even though neither recipient took the bait.

Initially, I felt bad for selecting Silverwolf as my recipient. She went through hell Day 1 and ika was NK'd so I assumed she felt alone. At first, the Night 2 message was going to be from Epignosis. I dialed into some passive-aggressive condescension and wrote this:

NIGHT 2 DRAFT
TO: Silverwolf
Seeing that we've both proven ourselves capable of acting like adults today in regards to the unfortunate events of Day 1, I have a proposition for you. It is evident that the general population will seek my head once all resurrection craft are eliminated. Such a scenario means my loss but it could be your gain, and most advantageously so.

Due to the apparent strong connection between you and Ika, you are most assuredly not a Cylon. That makes you the least likely player to get lynched. At least, for a little while. We both know there are no guarantees in mafia.

Still, your position makes you useful. We'd like you to be useful to us. I am only permitted to share three pieces of information in these messages but I also have to adhere to the rules. Hopefully this all gets through uncensored. It is also my hope that what I am about to share with you makes it clear that joining us is in your best interest.

1. The theory about fractured Cylon BTSC is correct.
2. Clearing the sector grid of resurrection craft will make us vulnerable
3. We Cylons have another card up our sleeves- when our numbers dwindle to a predetermined number, we have the ability to choose two humans as the basis of two new Cylon models. Conversion will take effect upon that human's death.

The offer is simple: join us and become the next Cylon model or die. You could be a powerful ally or we could kill you any night we wish. The choice is yours.

If you wish to accept our offer, use the phrase 'chaos agent' in one of your Day 3 posts. Should you accept, I or a member of my peers will contact you again on Night 4 with new information and further instructions. If we do not see the code phrase in your Day 3 posts, we will assume the offer is rejected, at which point you'll want to start looking over your shoulder
A couple factors changed the trajectory of this message. First, I felt it was a little too nasty. Tempting as it was to fan the flames of Day 1 all over again, this message just seemed too mean-spirited for me. Second, Nutella actually got lynched and flipped Cylon. We did not know about the rezz ships at all, nor did we know anything about each ship being assigned to a particular Cylon (but my theory was right!). That made point #2 in the message fall flat. I was worried about including anything that would send up a red flag of phoniness. We didn't want these messages to be ignored outright. I also probably used to many adverbs for the note to really sound like Epi but he can tell me how good or poor it reads as him.

So come morning, I brainstorm with my partner about who to send it from. We were always cognizant of the deadline to jump the fleet. Being US East Coasters, we were always up early enough to have a morning chat and change strategies if need be. At our Night 2 morning chat, we settled on switching the sender from Epignosis to Long Con. I did a quick re-write and I actually think I did a pretty good job of replicating LC's tone. I even included a reference to BR and used a line that LC wrote in the thread.

NIGHT 2 MESSAGE
TO: Silverwolf
Hey there, Mama Wolf. I like your style. More importantly, I like that you favor me as a civvie at the moment. :grin: I can tell you're not a Cylon. Black Rock and I may not have the same mystical player read connection that you and Ika have but I can understand and appreciate the kind of vouching you guys put forth.

Given that pretty much no one suspects you of being a Cylon, you're all but above suspicion of engaging in teamwork. How's it feel? Take a deep breath and let that feeling soak in for a second. I'll wait.

Still with me? Great! :biggrin:

So I'm in a jam right now but I might be able to swing a few more days out of this thing under the right circumstances. We both know there are no guarantees in mafia but sometimes it helps to load the dice. You dig?

I can share three pieces of information in these notes of mine but I have to follow the rules (pesky things those). Hopefully this all gets through uncensored:

1. The theory about fractured Cylon BTSC is correct. I don't know who most of the others are just yet.

2. The Cylons have a card up our sleeves- when our numbers dwindle to a predetermined number, we get to choose two humans to serve as the basis of two new Cylon models. Conversion will take effect upon that human's death or endgame, whichever comes first.

3. I tried to send this message to Ika Night 1 but he got killed before some of us were on the same page, so it didn't go through. :disappoint:

The offer is pretty simple: use your all-but-confirmed status to help us and we can guarantee a win for you. I mean, we're so going to win once we get past this little bump in the road.

If you wish to accept this offer, use the phrase 'chaos agent' in one of your Day 3 posts. Should you accept, you will receive another message on Night 4 with new information and further instructions. I'll even throw in a bonus offer- take the deal and we'll help you get rid of Epignosis. He's damaged goods at this point anyway. I know he may come across as an asshole at first but given enough time he becomes a lovable asshole. I swear.

You can reject the offer if you like and not post the code phrase. Just know that if you reject us, you'll want to start looking over your shoulder (figuratively speaking, of course). ;)
Turns out that Silverwolf was in the brig Day 3. When that became evident, I was worried that she didn't get the message. Luckily, she did. During Night 3 and early Day 4, we figured out that OA and Silverwolf has BTSC based on their interactions and defense of each other. We theorized that they were Caprica Six and Gaius because it was a logical BTSC pairing from the lore. OA also pressed harder against LC than Silverwolf but they were definitely in on it together, which made us even more sure they had BTSC and that they were going after who they thought sent Silverwolf the message. XD

Also, during Day 3, Matt was saying some pretty crazy stuff. This made him the perfect choice for my Night 3 message...
My Banners:
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 43

Post by insertnamehere »

aaaand I had no knowledge of these messages...
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

And one more post quick before getting back to work-

Matt was a good sport. I have to give him that. He was my only repeat recipient and we trolled him extensively. :)

During Day 3, Matt posted the lyrics to "All Along the Watchtower," the song that the Final Five apparently hear when they're awakened to what they are (still haven't watched the show but I will at some point because of this game!). I decided to have a little fun with him and make him think he just played into the baddies' hands. I used the same basic format as the last two messages.

Rather than make it from Long Con, S~V~S suggested we change it up, so we went with Metalmarsh89. I have no real grasp of how he writes, so I made up a baddie voice to do the talking. I channeled Kiefer Sutherland's villain role in Phone Booth (a tense but flawed thriller). Kiefer has a deep, rich voice and it didn't take long for me to come up with this:

NIGHT 3 MESSAGE
TO: Matt
Thank you, Matt. Thank you.

I have to be careful how much I say because I can only share three pieces of information with these messages. Even then I have to follow certain rules. Hopefully this all gets through uncensored.

1. By posting the lyrics of "All Along the Watchtower," you triggred the awakening of the Final Five. Thank you.

2. We now know who the Final Five are and may search each one to find those who will side with us. Thank you.

3. As a token of thanks, we'd like to make you an offer. Because the survival of the Final Five prior to their awakening was never a guarantee, we have the ability to take a human player and convert them into a brand new model of Cylon upon either their death or at the conclusion of the game. We'd like to offer that spot to you. You're welcome.

If you choose to take us up on this offer, include the phrase 'chaos agent' in one of your early Day 4 posts. Should you accept, you will receive another message on Night 5 with new information and further instructions. Your actions have given us new life and a better chance at winning. In exchange for your ongoing cooperation, you can join us in victory.

You can reject the offer if you like and not post the code phrase. Just know that if you reject us, you'll want to start looking over your shoulder.
Matt didn't take the bait either but he helped make it clear that Silverwolf did in fact get the message. On Day 4, Matt posted this:
Matt wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
Matt wrote:So Say We All!

I think we should find Admiral Cain and destroy her as soon as possible.

Adama or BUST!

I'd have to ISO some peeps, but off the top of my head, possible Cains based on them displaying an unhealthy obsession with destroying cylons OR refusing to say "I'm a cyclon" (which, lore wise, i could totally see Cain refusing to do)...

Long Con
Silver wolf
OA
bea

Are there any others who have been anti-cylon all the way from the get go? Or others who have refused to claim?
How have I been anti cylon since the beginning? I've said since day one I believe there are cylons who aren't mafia AND I said I think Epi is town. Wtf?!
You missed the part where I said "OR refusing to say I'm a cylon".

In general, I don't think Golden would ever PM anyone and say "So check it, you're not allowed to claim Cylon cuz you're Cain and this is something she would never ever do so you can't claim it."

HOWEVER, you did go off yesterday about how you didn't want to be punished for claiming Cylon, which is ridiculous because it's an actual LAW that people are ALLOWED to claim Cylon. So I'm not ruling it out.

I have to leave in a few, but in an hour or so I'm going to come back and update the Cylon claim list.

@sig - Admiral Cain is not town. She's the secret role. IN the lore of the show, I definitely would not consider her "town" either. Admiral Cain likes to torture innocent cylons, she enjoys murdering her superiors, and all in all, is just a bitch.

ADAMA OR BUST.

I'm liking Long Con this game as a non-cylon, officially. I still think he's a very good shot for Admiral Cain, tho, who I want dead immediately.

Long Con - if not you, do you have any ideas on who could be Admiral Cain?

BTW, SOME PEOPLE out there are saying "it's not worth it to try and find Cain". Why not? If we don't lynch her, then the alternative is to be forced to lynch up to 12 cyclons, which is like half the players in the game.

Oh btw, chaos age...

Naaaaah, go eff yourself. I don't take kindly to threats.
:mafia: (disclaimer - these last two lines will probably cause Rico to like closed or semi-open set ups even less haha)

As for a definite Lorab lynch, I was all for it, but I really think Cain needs to be reeled in ASAP. If everyone wants to go Lorab today, then fine. But we seriously need to get Adama back onto that top spot.
This was immediately spotted by Silverwolf, who said this:
Silverwolf wrote:
Matt wrote:Oh btw, chaos age...

Naaaaah, go eff yourself. I don't take kindly to threats.
I don't either. Why do you think I started a tunnel the moment I was no longer silenced? Just let that sink for a bit.
Silver was referring to her tunneling on Long Con, who she thought sent her the Night 2 message, but Matt had no idea what she was referring to, since his message was stamped from Metalmarsh89. A number of amusing things happened in the wake of this.

1) Silverwolf ramped up her tunneling on Long Con. :)

2) ObscureAllure ramped up her tunneling on Long Con as well. :biggrin:

3) They were both all over Matt at different points, as if they expected him to join them on their quest to lynch Long Con. This cemented their BTSC Six-Gaius connection for us. If only we knew that OA was the one we should have killed. :fist:

4) Matt didn't understand them at all, frustrating OA and Silver and leading to more attempts at hinting at Matt (which led to at least one of OA's punishments). :haha:

5) Long Con became so bewildered by the combination of Silverwolf and OA pounding him over and over as if they knew he were a baddie that he actually went a little nuts. :eek:

This all played out better than I could have ever hoped for. It was like Christmas morning plus a birthday party for me. I feel bad that Long Con got so worked up being caught in the middle of it all but- holy crap! I engineered a situation that broke Long Con! :noble: Sure, it wasn't intentional but I don't think I've ever seen him flip like that before. Sorry about that, old pal. :rolleyes:

'Chaos agent' would go on to be the gift that kept on giving throughout the game. Matt kept referencing it. OA kept referencing it. Rico wanted to know what on earth Matt was talking about. It made me feel like I accomplished something in this game. :feb:
My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Hmpf. I'd say I was only mildly attracted into that swirl, merely by the deja-vu of Matt jestering with bullsuit coded words.

I believe a more accurate message signed MM would have been

Yo Matt, check this out.

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:10, because I'm not going back to readjust the numbering) Still can't say I'm 100% on board with the interpretation of Boomer's status. Cally's kill triggered her to dump the human cause? Maybe so, but she was still programmed to do sabotage-y things towards the fleet, not to mention a murder attempt on the Admiral. To our blindfolded perception, all this could have warranted an anti-town perception of her.
Sure... that's why SVS had control of his vote (completely unbeknownst to him!). I originally wanted it to be control of his role power, but I couldn't come up with a good way to make it work.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dex wrote:
I determined Long Cain would be lynched. But then he was just lynched anyway. D'oh! I sure could have used that power later.
No he wasn't. Poor Long Con was quite mad at me about that one, because he asked if Wilgy's claim would work if he jumped the fleet before he did it. And I told him that no, Wilgy's claim wouldn't work if the fleet jumped beforehand and he was already lynched. So, LC jumped the fleet when Wilgy would have been lynched....

He just didn't know you had already sent in that PM.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

^Ouch.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Lol G-man. NIce work, my friend.

You haven't posted your second message to me yet, but in reference to sig/INH...

Despite believing that sig was totes civ cuz of Glorfy, your wifom about sig and INH had me questioning him, and then when INH was NK'd I was questioning sig (to myself, not in the thread) even harder hahahaha.

Nice job, you and SVS rocked it. Glad nobody listens to me. :mafia:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I thought it was funny when Long Con demanded to know who Chaos Age was hahahaha. Oh and sorry Rico, I wasn't trying to confuse the thread, I just wanted to make it clear to 'dem baddies that I wasn't havin' it haha.

Also 3600th post. That's how many sectors of space there are in the DC universe. Geek alert!!
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

@Goldama (or SVS/Gman), was my first message from you guys too? I figured it was. Anyway, here are all the messages I got and any responses I gave to Golden...
Golden wrote:Hey Starbuck. Let's not murder one another. Point out to me who you are with double :p :p and I'll do the same.If you can post what your win con is by stating it in pieces every 3rd word of your 3rd post of day 3, I can help you.

My win condition is to see both #8's dead.
Matt wrote:Hrm.

So this person can send messages to actual roles as opposed to players. That would make me think they are of high authority. Adama, Roslin...Cavil.

I don't like this. If this person was civ, and they knew they were messaging Starbuck, why didn't they just reveal who they were in the message? Either their identity or their role or both? Something.

I dunno, I'm not gonna do that third word of the third day thing, but I may use the signal at some point if I feel trustworthy enough.

Sidenote - In Long Con's "World" game, as the Karma Chameleon, I was able to hide myself in every square I went to, choosing to reveal myself if I wanted. But if I did reveal myself, then my NK immunity would go away that night phase.

I only revealed myself once, so I could speak with the Living Statue (Dom). Hahaha.

I dunno what to do Golden, I just don't know!!!
I decided to use the signal and then immediately regretted it haha.
Golden wrote:Thank you, Matt. Thank you.

I have to be careful how much I say because I can only share three pieces of information with these messages. Even then I have to follow certain rules. Hopefully this all gets through uncensored.

1. By posting the lyrics of "All Along the Watchtower," you triggred the awakening of the Final Five. Thank you.

2. We now know who the Final Five are and may search each one to find those who will side with us. Thank you.

3. As a token of thanks, we'd like to make you an offer. Because the survival of the Final Five prior to their awakening was never a guarantee, we have the ability to take a human player and convert them into a brand new model of Cylon upon either their death or at the conclusion of the game. We'd like to offer that spot to you. You're welcome.

If you choose to take us up on this offer, include the phrase 'chaos agent' in one of your early Day 4 posts. Should you accept, you will receive another message on Night 5 with new information and further instructions. Your actions have given us new life and a better chance at winning. In exchange for your ongoing cooperation, you can join us in victory.

You can reject the offer if you like and not post the code phrase. Just know that if you reject us, you'll want to start looking over your shoulder.

Metalmarsh
Matt wrote:This sounds like bullshit hahaha.

Like, what's up with the threat at the end there? I really don't care if I die, that would probably be better for the civs cuz then I can't keep wasting my votes on civs most likely :faint:

And if Metalmarsh were on a Final Five, and they teamed up, why would MM agree to be the messenger? Lol he's always bringing up to me how I got him in GoC (I think he did this game even!), so why would he think I would trust him?

I have doubts MM even sent the message.

Despite all of it, even if it is real, Starbuck don't take kindly to threats. :mafia:

I haven't read the thread since this morning, off to catch up!
Golden wrote:Hello again, Matt.

I don't think I have to tell you just how deeply disappointed we are with you. An act of defiance that is so blatantly public cannot and will not be tolerated. Your activation of the Final Five, however, has proven fruitful for us, so we will let probability decide your fate.

We have a list of players we would like you to vote for. Should you vote for one of these players, we will let you live another day. If you do not vote for one of the players on our list, you will die next.

We are not telling you who is on our list of desired votees but know that your odds of making a correct vote are about 50-50 as it currently stands.

Vote wisely.

Metalmarsh89
Matt wrote:Lol

Wow.

I'm so behind. I in topic'd you, tho, and saw Long Con was Cain. Hahahaha.

I think I have about 20 or so pages to catch up on...

Anyway GREAT GAME Golden. I'm really having a good time with it and thanks for lettin' me play dude!
Golden wrote:You are an exceptionally lucky man, Matt. I want you to know that.

For two days you have voted for acceptable players. Congratulations. Your ongoing displays of dissidence, however, are going to cost you. Or, it could cost someone else. The choice is yours.

Let me spell it out for you clearly. Below are the names of two players. On Day 8, you will vote for one of these two players or we will kill you next. A vote for one of these two players will spare that player from our Night 8 kill.

This means that your Day 8 vote is not a vote to take a life but a vote to spare a life.

Your Day 8 options are:
-insertnamehere
-sig

Remember Matt, you either choose to spare the life of one of these players or you choose your own death. You don't seem like the martyr type to me, so I suggest you start thinking about who you're going to vote for.

It's time to make a choice Matt. Cooperate or die.

Metalmarsh89
Matt wrote:Lol

So much WIFOM is running through my brain. Why still sign it "Metalmarsh89" ? Really?

Since Glorfy flipped Boomer, I've been thinking sig is bad anyway so maybe they think I'll believe he's good because of this or something, god I don't know.

Derp.
^---To be clear, this was before we knew Glorfy was good. Haha.

And my favorite message, the last message I received...
Golden wrote:See Matt

See Matt derp

Derp, Matt, derp

Matt, Matt, Matt- derp, derp, derp

Matt-derp-Matt-derp-Matt-derp-Matt

Derp-a-derp-a-derp-derp, Matt-Matt-Matt

Matador? Matt-a-derp!

Doormat, Derp-Matt

Derp-Matt, Hazmat

Matt derped on a hat. Matt derped on a bat. No, Matt, no! Don't derp on that!

Does Matt belong to a frat? Sigma Derpa Tau is where it's at!

Is Matt derping his way to a great fall?

I think he is. That is all.

Metalmarsh89
Matt wrote:Lol.

Whoever these people are (I'm guessing Cavil faction but even if it was the F5 somehow), do they really have nobody better to message than me? Hahaha.

:goofp:
Fun times, G-man and SVS! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

After 'chaos agent' hit the big time, I was hesitant to send a message to any of the most shrewd and analytical players out of fear that they would realize there was nonsense going on and ruin the fun running wild in the thread against Long Con. So I played it safe and wrote to Dex from Sokoth. I threw in a little Klingon for giggles and S~V~S wisely advised me to add a few LOL's to make it look more like the way Sokoth had been posting up to that point. I wasn't trying too hard to lead Dex on and I don't think he listened to what the message had to say anyway.

NIGHT 4 MESSAGE
TO: Dex
Good day to you, new player sir! tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?

You seem up to date in the game. Were you following it all this time? As someone playing from the beginning I still feel lost at times. LOL

I see your on the same wavelength as I am with the "Cylons must die" issue. Makes no sense to me if there were good cylons on the show. There are probably a few bad Cylons in that group pushing that issue.

Your not on my wavelength for the declaration though. Your predacessor wouldn't make that claim so I am curious why you were so quick to. Maybe you can address that in public. I'll try to remember to ask you.

I agree with some of your bad gun reads. I've been worried about JJJ for some time now. That whole gun exercise intimidates me and feels like he's trying to push people into suspicion.

Glorfindel is also dodgy but Sig is looking worse. Keep your eyes on both of them. If I wasn't such a clueless new person to this game I might be more helpful. LOL They'll probably kill me soon anyway. I've been looking for friendly people to talk to until that day comes.

yIDo'!

On Night 5, we went back to Matt and kept it as being sent from Metalmarsh. After this message, Matt asked MM who might want to frame him. After the success of the first message, we just decided to mess with him and make him wonder if we would actually kill him or not. I think we were only ever half-serious in our intent to actually kill him at some point. S~V~S can correct me if I'm wrong there. This message is pure, unadulterated BS. We never had lists of acceptable people for him to vote for. :P

NIGHT 5 MESSAGE
Hello again, Matt.

I don't think I have to tell you just how deeply disappointed we are with you. An act of defiance that is so blatantly public cannot and will not be tolerated. Your activation of the Final Five, however, has proven fruitful for us, so we will let probability decide your fate.

We have a list of players we would like you to vote for. Should you vote for one of these players, we will let you live another day. If you do not vote for one of the players on our list, you will die next.

We are not telling you who is on our list of desired votees but know that your odds of making a correct vote are about 50-50 as it currently stands.

Vote wisely.

I abstained from writing a message on Night 6.

Night 7 it was back to Matt again. We wanted him to think we were serious about wanting to kill him. I ratcheted up the game by trying to force him to vote for one of two civs. I submitted the hit on INH the next night. It wasn't because he was one of the two options for Matt's vote. We just wanted him dead before he exposed both of us as Cylons. Metalmarsh had already been NK'd but Golden said I could send messages from dead players so it was just easier that way. Read this one like angry Jack Bauer.

NIGHT 7 MESSAGE
You are an exceptionally lucky man, Matt. I want you to know that.

For two days you have voted for acceptable players. Congratulations. Your ongoing displays of dissidence, however, are going to cost you. Or, it could cost someone else. The choice is yours.

Let me spell it out for you clearly. Below are the names of two players. On Day 8, you will vote for one of these two players or we will kill you next. A vote for one of these two players will spare that player from our Night 8 kill.

This means that your Day 8 vote is not a vote to take a life but a vote to spare a life.

Your Day 8 options are:
-insertnamehere
-sig

Remember Matt, you either choose to spare the life of one of these players or you choose your own death. You don't seem like the martyr type to me, so I suggest you start thinking about who you're going to vote for.

It's time to make a choice Matt. Cooperate or die.

I abstained again on Night 8.

Night 9 we were tempted to try to round up some Cylon support but my silly Tylenol & Codeine-inspired message to Matt won the day. This was fun to write. It was going to be longer than this but I think this got the point across that we were just messing around at this point. I'm glad you didn't take this one personally, Matt. :beer:

NIGHT 9 MESSAGE
See Matt

See Matt derp

Derp, Matt, derp

Matt, Matt, Matt- derp, derp, derp

Matt-derp-Matt-derp-Matt-derp-Matt

Derp-a-derp-a-derp-derp, Matt-Matt-Matt

Matador? Matt-a-derp!

Doormat, Derp-Matt

Derp-Matt, Hazmat

Matt derped on a hat. Matt derped on a bat. No, Matt, no! Don't derp on that!

Does Matt belong to a frat? Sigma Derpa Tau is where it's at!

Is Matt derping his way to a great fall?

I think he is. That is all.

Night 10 we tried to round up some Cylon support. It's pretty straight forward. I'd like to know what Wilgy thought of this.

NIGHT 10 MESSAGE
TO: DrWilgy
Greetings my brother. Long have we persisted in this game together. Now is the time for all Cylons to unite. We are very close to outnumbering the humans. If all goes according to plan, we will outnumber them by the time you are reading this message. Once we have a firm numbers advantage, they will be powerless to stop us. I offer you life, victory, and independence in exchange for a few rounds of cooperation. Can I count on you?

Night 11 we skipped Matt. Were you disappointed or surprised not to get a message? S~V~S had Jimmy pegged as Adama for a while, so we decided to see if we could get any kind of reaction out of him by suggesting Cavil was growing stronger each day he wasn't lynched. Jimmy didn't seem to bat an eye. I'd like to know what he thought of it.

NIGHT 11 MESSAGE
TO: JaggedJimmyJay
Greetings Admiral,

I just love the taste of low-hanging fruit, don't you? It gives me such an... energy rush. In fact, right now I feel like I have the strength to take on half a dozen humans and a handful of traitorous Cylons with one hand tied behind my back. After tomorrow's lynch I'm hoping to feel even stronger.

I'm looking forward to staring you in the eyes as you beg for mercy. God may be merciful but I am not.
My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Day 8:

"Vote INH / Sig or we will kill one of them."
Matt: Votes me.

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:Night 11 we skipped Matt. Were you disappointed or surprised not to get a message? S~V~S had Jimmy pegged as Adama for a while, so we decided to see if we could get any kind of reaction out of him by suggesting Cavil was growing stronger each day he wasn't lynched. Jimmy didn't seem to bat an eye. I'd like to know what he thought of it.
I asked Golden if I would be allowed to respond. Unfortunately I couldn't. I would have been a link to this video:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

We were really just spitballing & trolling with the messages, lol. G Man sent the ones thatmademe laugh, I think XD I had tons of fun this game. I had like 8 different BTS threads at the end, lol. I hate lying to people in BTS, so I was fairly frank; I told the people I did not think were aligned to me that that was wat I thought rather than trying to manipulate them. I think I might go to hell at just the thought of manipulating Juliets. I said more than once that I would not NK any known cylons (lulz that Polo was FF) as I already felt bad enough contributing to Nutella & LoRabs deaths.

Not even Nero, who blocked my votes the last few days, or Epi who put the final knife in G-Mans polyester leisure suit clad back.

@Polo gotcha :bighug:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

I think (I don't keep up with this stuff):

1. sig
2. Long Con
3. Silverwolf
4. Vompatti (he ended up silenced)
5. JJJ
6. rabbit8
7. SokothQultuq
8. G-Man
9. Polo
10. Black Rock
11. ObscureAllure

I don't think I got targeted with anything this entire game. :eek:

I had 3J's role figured out due to the more realistic shift in tone in the admiral's posts during the second half of the game.

It would seem I was right about S~V~S not throwing nutella under the bus and nutella being alone. I was pretty proud of myself with narrowing down Glorfindel's role, and even though he was good at the time, the fact that he could have ended up on the side of evil is enough for me. I also felt pretty smart driving the Dex lynch based on the 2:2 ratio. The spacedaisy lynch was a combination of tone and Dex's treatment of her. And of course, with G-Man, I felt like I was on to something when he mentioned "another thread."

I'd say I had a solid performance there for a change.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Most of Epi's targets failed, because mostly he put them in after the fleet had been jumped.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What made Starbuck, Lee, Dee and idr, Athena was it, leave Galactica, shortly after Cain's take of command?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Epignosis wrote:I think (I don't keep up with this stuff):

1. sig
2. Long Con
3. Silverwolf
4. Vompatti (he ended up silenced)
5. JJJ
6. rabbit8
7. SokothQultuq
8. G-Man
9. Polo
10. Black Rock
11. ObscureAllure

I don't think I got targeted with anything this entire game. :eek:

I had 3J's role figured out due to the more realistic shift in tone in the admiral's posts during the second half of the game.

It would seem I was right about S~V~S not throwing nutella under the bus and nutella being alone. I was pretty proud of myself with narrowing down Glorfindel's role, and even though he was good at the time, the fact that he could have ended up on the side of evil is enough for me. I also felt pretty smart driving the Dex lynch based on the 2:2 ratio. The spacedaisy lynch was a combination of tone and Dex's treatment of her. And of course, with G-Man, I felt like I was on to something when he mentioned "another thread."

I'd say I had a solid performance there for a change.
I admit I got scared when I received the message.

"Am I being recruited? :omg: "
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:What made Starbuck, Lee, Dee and idr, Athena was it, leave Galactica, shortly after Cain's take of command?
:shrug2: I was never notified if I was on Galactica or not, so I have no idea.

@G-man - No hard feelings at all. In fact, you probably would've duped me into going along with whatever if it wasn't for the threat of "watching my back". I just figured that wasn't a civ tell at all but still, you hurt my brain with the wifom hahaha.
Image Image Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

Polo wrote:Doc Cottle's protegees:

N01: indiglo
N02: Vompatti
N03: I pooped and missed sending my PM, but nobody was NK'd this night!
N04: Polo
N05: Silverwolf
N06: Polo
N07: insertnamehere
N08: JaggedJimmyJay
N09: insertnamehere
N10: JaggedJimmyJay
N11: Polo

Thank you for protecting me Polo! :noble: Only off by 1 night. :puppy:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Ricochet

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 12

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:AWARDS VOTING

Can all players please PM me their candidates for the following awards.

Dead MVP - the civilian who did the most to help the civilians win the game but who ended up dying. You may choose a person who you think did a good job for the civilians before they turned out to be final five later.

Theme MVP - the person who you feel most helped the games atmosphere feel like we were really playing in the world of BSG lore.
Dead MVP - indiglo

No idea for theme MVP.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

All this talk makes me even sadder I didn't get to play the game longer. :puppy:

Golden, those prophecies were great! They would have been really helpful!

Also, (I think) sig - thanks for passing that Wills of the Dead Act. It was awesome to be able to participate, even if it was only 25 words every 72 hours or so!!!

When I was passing laws, I basically chose all the laws I thought would actually affect the game the most. I got the Haiku act, one about giving compliments, and a couple other ones that were kind of "silly", so each time (all 2 of them lol) I just picked whichever law I thought would have the most impact on game play. I looked at it from a host point of view... and as a host I like to impact game play. That was an awesome role power! But it looks like the 2 airlocks were taken away from my role power before I got the role. Bummer, I would have loved to shove a couple people out an airlock. :dark:

I also finally figured out JJJ was The Admiral, after the admiral started asking people to get more involved and all that. Total 3J - Your mascot status remains fully intact, my friend! :clap:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

:hugs: Rico

XOXO Epi Girl
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I... thought I hit the PM button.

:blush:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

indiglo wrote:All this talk makes me even sadder I didn't get to play the game longer. :puppy:

Golden, those prophecies were great! They would have been really helpful!

Also, (I think) sig - thanks for passing that Wills of the Dead Act. It was awesome to be able to participate, even if it was only 25 words every 72 hours or so!!!

When I was passing laws, I basically chose all the laws I thought would actually affect the game the most. I got the Haiku act, one about giving compliments, and a couple other ones that were kind of "silly", so each time (all 2 of them lol) I just picked whichever law I thought would have the most impact on game play. I looked at it from a host point of view... and as a host I like to impact game play. That was an awesome role power! But it looks like the 2 airlocks were taken away from my role power before I got the role. Bummer, I would have loved to shove a couple people out an airlock. :dark:

I also finally figured out JJJ was The Admiral, after the admiral started asking people to get more involved and all that. Total 3J - Your mascot status remains fully intact, my friend! :clap:
You were civving so hard, plus you trusted me. And my partner wanted your job, running the sorties. But then RL bit his butt, so he never did pick it up before Dex came in and took it over.

And yeah, 3J was a fairly obvious Admiral. In the end, I was better than 75% spot on on who I thought was who, but it did not helpme in the end. Crazy mechanics are crazy :srsnod:
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

It was killing me how as soon as I was gone, the sorties fell apart. :fist: But then Dex subbed in, and got them going again, and I felt much better. I was literally cheering from the sidelines seeing them going again. Once that mission was finally over, I felt like we (including myself for some strange reason - deadie) could finally gain some traction. That was probably one of the luckiest strikes of the game!

And I really wanted to say RIP Juliets. I almost used one of my Wills to say that, but ended up running out of words. :pout: So, RIP Juliets, you were 100% willing to go through with all the sorties, knowing what the outcome might be for you. That's awesome! :clap:

XOXO Epi Girl
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You're not mad are you?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Game is over??!

So, yeah. Just here to say I fucking told you that I was telling the truth.

I had no BTSC and I was not bad. To be fair, I didn't know my win condition (and still don't--need to see secrets have been posted). But I felt safe and truthful saying I wasn't bad.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

As I said I was really disappointed. I had been sooooo excited about this game for months for a variety of reasons, it was hard to barely get started, and then be out and have to watch from the sidelines. This was probably my favorite game I've ever seen or played in, due to topic and game design/execution (and I knew that would likely be the case as soon as I signed up for it).

Thanks again Golden, this was beyond epic! :noble: I will say again - I will definitely watch for your games in the future, this one was phenomenal! :nicenod: I liked how the momentum kept changing, and things kept seeming to get flipped around.

Rico, one of my Wills was getting planned out just to be a pep talk for you when you were getting frustrated. I really felt for you, because I imagined how I might have felt if I were still playing. I ended up needing my 25 words for something else, but I was definitely sending you good vibes! I think it happens to all civs - uninformed majority can be a hard row to hoe.

XOXO Epi Girl
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:What made Starbuck, Lee, Dee and idr, Athena was it, leave Galactica, shortly after Cain's take of command?
They were posted to the Pegasus. Boomer on the show was technically elsewhere, but I felt it made thematic sense (given she hadn't died) to post her to the Pegasus. I think Starbuck was the only one still alive when the Pegasus was destroyed, so I made the call not to do any shifts back since I'd either be shifting back a lot of dead people or making it obvious they were dead.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

indiglo wrote:But it looks like the 2 airlocks were taken away from my role power before I got the role.
No, it was in your role PM.

One thing I did with the laws was try and create things that would lead to interesting but balanced gameplay. The Cylon Amnesty Act is a great example - it led people on a witch hunt against cylons even though a majority of cylons were town aligned. SVS and G-Man got in early burning their amnesties to look good. People were so paranoid about how the law could benefit the baddies that, in my opinion, the 'burn all amnesties' discussion and tactic that dominated the thread was far more damaging for the town then just letting it play out - but this is exactly the paranoia that I wanted to get out there.

My personal favourite law that never got enacted was the "G-Man meme Act". Black Rock actually had the opportunity to pass this on the final night and I had the sense it would probably be the last game day, so I was so hoping she would pass it and force G-Man to defend himself to the end in memes.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:I'm sure there's heaps else I should cover so... feel free to ask. Here are some other notes...

Polo and SVS were targetting inh and JJJ back and forth on alternative nights for a while... except they were out of synch with each other so Polo never actually stopped a kill. Both of those two had nk protects which were both consumed.

INH was constantly getting his PMs in after the fleet was jumped, but always on humans (so the negative results he got were accurate despite them being based on nothing). Then he targetted SVS on the one night Jay decided not to jump...

LoRab cottoned on to the idea her win condition might be tied to her night power so she stopped using it.
I figured it had to be. It was only that one night that I didn't use it. See below.
Ricochet wrote: 15) Please to answer: LoRab, who did you target (until quitting)?
night 1: Ika
night 2: LC
night 3: didn't use power.

I decided not to use it because I knew I was going to be lyched and I didn't want to need to go from a truthful defense to possibly having to die if, in finding a successful target, I became bad. Also, I didn't want to mess with someone else's win condition--on the chance that when I found someone, we became a mafia team--and then die. So I didn't use my power that night.

Had I somehow lived, I'd have gone back to using it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The successful sorties had a 10% chance of killing someone, so I guess up front I figured there was probably something like a 60% chance one of them would die.

If sig and JC had both died before the sorties were finished, Matt and Scotty (Starbuck and Lee) would have sent on the sorties. I didn't have a specific plan beyond that because I thought it wasn't likely, but it likely would have been Helo and Athena or possible an 'all hands on deck' where any human could die if someone was going to die.

The Galactica coming under attack happened on nights that were multiples of 3, but it never was relevant because DrumBeats survived the whole game. There would have been a 1 in 5 chance of one death and a 1 in 25 chance of everyone on Galactica dying. Cavil would have survived despite being on Galactica.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, the Pegasus would have been destroyed in the Night 6 attack if Drumbeats and Spacedaisy were both dead, instead of risking any death to the fleet.

Return to “Previous Jobs”