The Wanted (dom)
64%

Total votes: 14
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Re: [DAY ONE] The Office Mafia

Post by indiglo »

bea wrote:Going to bed now. Open tomorrow. Supposed to be done working at 5 my time, but soccer game and I work in a Hispanic neighborhood and the game is at 5 my time and the poll closes at 7:30something my time.

I will do my best to keep caught up.

I will try to make the most informed vote I can make when I can make it. But it might be quick and ugly with little explanation.

As of right now, I have no idea who I would vote for, my toe is only starting to get dipped into the water so to speak.

I will also be partaking in the watching of a (hopefully) delightful football match tonight! And also tomorrow night. I will try not to call and order pizza from you. :goofp:

I see a bit of back-and-forth between Wilgy and INH about Wilgy's meta. That is meh to me.

I don't have anything to add to the conversation at this time, which is why I've not really been posting. I'll continue to keep up with the thread, and will be sure to vote before EoD. At this point I have no idea who I'll vote for, because I've seen absolutely nothing that I deem vote worthy from anyone.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Matt »

Hey what up peeps. As usual, Thursday through Monday are my busy days, sorry I haven't been around. But good news, I managed to give away my shift today WOOT!
Scotty wrote:-Where is Matt? People have been answering for him, which he has expressly said he doesn't like other people doing for other people.
No. I've already said this in the thread, multiple times, but let me be clear again. SVS was clearly present in the thread when I asked her a question, and instead of holding back for a few minutes to let her answer, you and FS rushed to her defense. This is different than me (or anyone!) being away from the thread for hours, or days, and having people "speak for me". But go on and twist, making it seem like the same exact thing. Before giving away my shift, I thought I would just come in here and plop a vote down for FS but noooow I dunno, I don't like you misrepresenting.
insertnamehere wrote:I honestly hate this style of posturing, fake accusations, and saying random ass bullshit in the hopes of getting a mythical, legendary "accurate scum reaction." Which 9 times out of 10, proves to be dead wrong.

Also, scum love to do this style of playing, and it's honestly something I'll mark down as suspicious.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just an old relic of the times where cases were made on, you know, facts and shit, and not from people reading into reactions that other people had to whatever BS they decided to spout. Maybe this style of playing is the future. Who knows.
Lulz, look everyone, INH isn't judging again.

I'm either voting for FS, Scotty, or INH today. Probably not INH, because I find his non-judgmental attitude towards certain playstyles to be believable, so I lean civvie. Then again, Eloh had nearly the same reaction in Transistor and she turned up bad so who knows.

Scotty I'm surprised you didn't vote for me tbh. Do you think others should?
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 186

Post by Epignosis »

I was just about to speculate, Matt, that you were somehow silenced after Day 0. Glad to see that isn't the case. DrWilgy and sig both spoke in your defense. Why do you think they would do that this early?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:I was just about to speculate, Matt, that you were somehow silenced after Day 0. Glad to see that isn't the case. DrWilgy and sig both spoke in your defense. Why do you think they would do that this early?
Not sure on sig, I don't think he typically defends me, in fact the opposite.

Dr Wilgy has more experience with me, so I'd like to think he can legit see my civvieness or Wilgy's just bad and not jumping on the easy mark cuz Wilgy's cool like that.

Do you still think I'm bad Epi?
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt wrote:Do you still think I'm bad Epi?
I was just saying that to see what reactions I could get. :meany:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:
Lol.

What's with everyone being anti-reaction baiting btw? It's DAY ONE (and ZERO) peeps, what else should we be doing? "Hey guys what's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

I'll start off with that question next game, see if that helps as an alternative.

Anyway gettin' some food with the roommates, I'll be back in an hour or two folks.
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Pistachio. It's pistachio.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Shots fired at DrWilgy.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by indiglo »

Moose Tracks :nicenod:

I may actually vote Epi now, because I think pistachio is gross. Good work uncovering that, Matt! :beer: :goofp: :smile:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174

Post by insertnamehere »

Matt wrote:What's with everyone being anti-reaction baiting btw? It's DAY ONE (and ZERO) peeps, what else should we be doing? "Hey guys what's your favorite ice cream flavor?"
Seeing as I've played in many games where reaction baiting wasn't a thing, and there was still discussion on Day 1 and 0, so your assumption that reaction baiting is a natural part of mafia is just patently incorrect.

Plus, it's just unhelpful. Let's assume you're civilian, which is where I'm honestly leaning towards with you, picking on a random someone Day 0 just to see reactions is reckless in that you could be targeting a civilian, and people could find your false suspicion suspicious, and then vote for you. Even if you lay a trap and get somebody over semantics, there's still a very good chance all of this aggression is civilian versus civilian, simply because of how little you're basing your own suspicion on. Plus, it's sooo ridiculously easy for a baddie to find an excuse to try and lynch a civ by trying to trap people he knows aren't on his team. Plus, spreading misinformation and confusion in the thread even if it's ostensibly to find a baddie, is still detrimental to the civilian cause.

To summarize, reaction baiting is unnecessary, unhelpful, easily exploitable by scum, and downright harmful to civilians with its tactics.

Now, does this mean that I think you, Matt, are scum? No, not at all. Disagreement over playing styles isn't = to suspicion. However, Wilgy is someone I know has used these tactics as scum before and is using them in exactly the same way, which he admits! Right now, that's where my vote will most likely be headed.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 123

Post by S~V~S »

sig wrote:Zeus why are you voting for me? You can talk to the other players they won't bite.......much. :feb:

So I'm wary of INH for his day 0 thing with Matt, and I have a ping on Wilgy.
I don't think matt should be lynched today. I found SVS reaction to Matt odd.

Besides that I don't have much else to go on.

I'm in the middle of packing for my trip, but should be more active later tonight or tomorrow.
What was odd about it? That's kinda vague, ya know?

Just got hime, eat,shower,dog, will bbl for a nice night of Mafia:D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Lol.

What's with everyone being anti-reaction baiting btw? It's DAY ONE (and ZERO) peeps, what else should we be doing? "Hey guys what's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

I'll start off with that question next game, see if that helps as an alternative.

Anyway gettin' some food with the roommates, I'll be back in an hour or two folks.
I HATE reaction baiting. It's easy to hide behind it if you get caught being bad, and it seems kinda mean to me, as someone who has been extensively reaction baited in the past, tbh.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Hmm...

I think Quin and INH are on a team. I also think INH and Matt are on opposite teams. I also don't think bad Matt woud gimmick this early, unless he is strictly copying another game. He compared this point system to transistor, but I don't think he's copying what he did there.

Why is that question strange bullz? Feep free to answer the question yourself.
All of this sounds like somebody who needed something to say coming in and saying something. Why do you think these things? What posts brought you to these conclusions? Why are you defending Matt?
Why would have I needed something to say Epi?

INH put too much effort in his mockery of Matt's point system. Thus I think they are on opposite teams. The reason why I'm defending Matt is because of this. If INH is bad, then Matt is probably good.

Regarding Quin, I have no justification for why I think they are on the same team, thier patterns feel similar though.

Timmer and Epi, what do you think of the questions that I have asked so far?
How can you honetly be so sure of any of this on Day 1? It's all entirely unsubstantiated.

And yet, you remain so confident about it that it makes me look at you like you have three heads... :huh:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

indiglo wrote:Moose Tracks :nicenod:

I may actually vote Epi now, because I think pistachio is gross. Good work uncovering that, Matt! :beer: :goofp: :smile:
YES!! Moose Tracks = ice cream nirvana!

Now really, gotta go do stuff, lol.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 81

Post by timmer »

I think I'm going to vote for INH. There is this handful of players who posted a few things that have been commented and critiqued upon, and the rest of the players are picking those posts apart on a lightweight basis, but there seems to be a slight vibe leaning towards Wilgy and away from INH, which, if all of these Day 1 posts are roughly equal in mini-pinginess, is enough for me to go the other way. Nothing will become clearer in the next few hours, so it's enough for me.
My siggie.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

timmer wrote:I think I'm going to vote for INH. There is this handful of players who posted a few things that have been commented and critiqued upon, and the rest of the players are picking those posts apart on a lightweight basis, but there seems to be a slight vibe leaning towards Wilgy and away from INH, which, if all of these Day 1 posts are roughly equal in mini-pinginess, is enough for me to go the other way. Nothing will become clearer in the next few hours, so it's enough for me.
If you have any questions or problems or what have you for me, I'd love to hear them. I'd also love to hear some concrete reasons instead of you just hinting at "pinginess," if that's not too much trouble.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Quin »

I made sure to get up super dooper early this morning to catch up, even if it is freezing cold. :|
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:If Pam is able to detect lies in all statements (excluding the obvious), I wonder whether it matters if the statement is made by someone who knows whether or not its the truth themselves. I'm going to ask Dom about it, and if he says it's right, it might be a good idea to just stockpile a whole bunch of hypotheses so she can gather information.
If a statement can be rendered true or false (i.e. Factual not opinion based) and does not break the alignment rule I gave earlier then it is check able.
So, let's come up with some hypotheses for our good pal Pam.

There are items in this game.
We will eventually receive a complete role list.
Voting for either of the three options on Day 0 would have had had a different effect on the game.

Add your own.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

insertnamehere wrote:
timmer wrote:I think I'm going to vote for INH. There is this handful of players who posted a few things that have been commented and critiqued upon, and the rest of the players are picking those posts apart on a lightweight basis, but there seems to be a slight vibe leaning towards Wilgy and away from INH, which, if all of these Day 1 posts are roughly equal in mini-pinginess, is enough for me to go the other way. Nothing will become clearer in the next few hours, so it's enough for me.
If you have any questions or problems or what have you for me, I'd love to hear them. I'd also love to hear some concrete reasons instead of you just hinting at "pinginess," if that's not too much trouble.
It's day 1. You were in the small cluster of people who promoted the whole "let's say we're civs for the lie detector" thing. You also jumped a bit forcefully on Wilgy for my liking. Then there is Wilgy himself, whose posts haven't been great, either. But you, and the cluster who were involved with the lie detector thing, are all earning light mentions that could be read as a teammate making sure to namedrop you while simultaneously moving onto a civ target, while those mentioning Wilgy don't seem to be doing the same thing.

I've got virtually nothing, it's day 1, but if I've got multiple people who are all getting talked about the same level of weak, and one of them seems to have a "pass" current for some reason while others don't, that's where I invariably want to lean. I wouldn't even try to guess at the odds that either you or Wilgy are bad, but if one of you is, the way the posts are reading, I'd say it's you.

Again, Day 1, but that's as good as I'm going to get.
My siggie.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 315

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:Sorry all I'm doing construction (of all things lol) all day today and zipping over on a date to see Independence Day right after. So I'm not gonna be around much at all leading up to EoD

I've skimmed the past few pages and only have a few things to say:
-Where is Matt? People have been answering for him, which he has expressly said he doesn't like other people doing for other people.
-Wilgy, don't you think that acting the same way as your bad self in another game could be perceived as alignment indicative? Like, just a little? This is like bubble gum bursting in your face, looking in the mirror and going, "I'm still beautiful", tossing back that lock of hair back and saying 'screw the haters!' In other words, this could just be Wilgy being Wilgy. Or it could be Wilgy misspeaking himself into a corner.
-Goldy has yet to check in, and honestly that is where my vote is going right now. Day 1's gonna Day 1, and I think suspicions will make more sense when we see a flip.

vote Goldy

I hope to check back in before EoD, but can't promise it
If you think suspicions will make more sense when we see a flip, why vote for someone with zero interactions with other players to make sense of?

@ Matt - I'm curious as to how the flavor-related defense on day zero warranted suspicion, but you believe the defense on you is not. Can you explain? Also, my favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip.

@ Anyone - Can somebody link me to AoT Mafia so I can know the context in this INH/Wilgy debate

@ Linki Quin - Good idea, I'll try to think of some more in a sec and add them in.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:I made sure to get up super dooper early this morning to catch up, even if it is freezing cold. :|
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:If Pam is able to detect lies in all statements (excluding the obvious), I wonder whether it matters if the statement is made by someone who knows whether or not its the truth themselves. I'm going to ask Dom about it, and if he says it's right, it might be a good idea to just stockpile a whole bunch of hypotheses so she can gather information.
If a statement can be rendered true or false (i.e. Factual not opinion based) and does not break the alignment rule I gave earlier then it is check able.

Voting for either of the three options on Day 0 would have had had a different effect on the game.

Add your own.
It would not be in Quin's best interest for the lie detector to be alive.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

How do you feel about me right now timmer? I don't think you got much out of your questioning of my play history but if you're up to it I'd recommend you look at some of my previous games here.

Turf Wars, Zodiac, AoT and Futurama (but I was playing a sock there so I was roleplaying a bit and experimenting with new playstyles without having to worry about being meta-read lool)
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:I made sure to get up super dooper early this morning to catch up, even if it is freezing cold. :|
Dom wrote:

Add your own.
It would not be in Epignosis's best interest for the lie detector to be alive :slick:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Quin wrote:How do you feel about me right now timmer? I don't think you got much out of your questioning of my play history but if you're up to it I'd recommend you look at some of my previous games here.

Turf Wars, Zodiac, AoT and Futurama (but I was playing a sock there so I was roleplaying a bit and experimenting with new playstyles without having to worry about being meta-read lool)
You're in the same little cluster of people who posted things that made my eyebrow raise a bit, but the bit of feedback I got about it made me feel like I was overreading, so we're good for now. It's Day 1, I don't tend to sweat the small stuff this early.
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:

Add your own.
It would not be in Epignosis's best interest for the lie detector to be alive :slick:
:eek:

Bastard. :mafia:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin is a bastard.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

@DB - I've already explained the difference, ISO me for the answer. At the same time, tho, I certainly don't clear sig or Wilgy for coming to my defense either.

@INH - Well I'd rather throw out random accusations and get things going instead of just sitting around twiddling my thumbs. But k, agree to disagree.

@SVS - The intention, at least from my end, is never to "be mean".

I was looking forward to coming in here and putting a vote on Splints but Scotty's post where he eggs me on about Wilgy defending me and then goes on to vote Goldy after sussing me for several days...hrm. I think that's weird and I don't like it.

Epi - If you were forced to vote for Scotty or FS who would you vote for?
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matt wrote:@DB - I've already explained the difference, ISO me for the answer. At the same time, tho, I certainly don't clear sig or Wilgy for coming to my defense either.

@INH - Well I'd rather throw out random accusations and get things going instead of just sitting around twiddling my thumbs. But k, agree to disagree.

I was looking forward to coming in here and putting a vote on Splints but Scotty's post where he eggs me on about Wilgy defending me and then goes on to vote Goldy after sussing me for several days...hrm. I think that's weird and I don't like it.

I would vote for Quin :nicenod:

He wants the lie detector to waste time detecting mechanics statements as opposed to looking for baddies.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also why set up false dichotomy that way?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Wait, Matt, I see yo already DID vote for Quin. Why are you considering changing it?
Matt
Racketeer

Re: [Orientation] The Office Mafia

Post by Matt »

Scotty wrote:+10 points to Gryffindor!

Matt, you're the only one throwing around suspicions, and we're not even into Day 1 yet :ponder:
I still don't understand what this means from your pov or why it was said. Later on, you go on to "correct" someone who accused you of sussing me, and yet this post shows you sussing me...I think. Again I'm not sure what the point was to this post.

Hrm.

Linki - Lol SVS I was actually thinking the same thing when he gave those three example detect sentences...like wut?

My heart says vote FS, my brain says Scotty. Both of them are probably wrong LOL :eek:
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt wrote:
Scotty.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:Wait, Matt, I see yo already DID vote for Quin. Why are you considering changing it?
Quin voted for me. Cuz I dunno why.
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

:blush: mis read the poll.

Why not vote Quin, if you thought that?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote::blush: mis read the poll.

Why not vote Quin, if you thought that?
I've been accused several times of being all over the place in games, which is very true I do it often, and I already have three susses to openly contend with, I figured I'd keep that one on the DL.

But yeah, throw Quin on my suss list as well.
Image Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

timmer wrote:
It's day 1. You were in the small cluster of people who promoted the whole "let's say we're civs for the lie detector" thing. You also jumped a bit forcefully on Wilgy for my liking. Then there is Wilgy himself, whose posts haven't been great, either. But you, and the cluster who were involved with the lie detector thing, are all earning light mentions that could be read as a teammate making sure to namedrop you while simultaneously moving onto a civ target, while those mentioning Wilgy don't seem to be doing the same thing.

I've got virtually nothing, it's day 1, but if I've got multiple people who are all getting talked about the same level of weak, and one of them seems to have a "pass" current for some reason while others don't, that's where I invariably want to lean. I wouldn't even try to guess at the odds that either you or Wilgy are bad, but if one of you is, the way the posts are reading, I'd say it's you.

Again, Day 1, but that's as good as I'm going to get.
So to summarize...

- I wanted to help the civ lie detector.
- I find Wilgy suspicious, and believe him to be bad.
- People find me suspicious, but not as suspicious as other people.

:shrug: If that's all you need to be convinced of someone's alignment, then there's a house up in Alaska I want to sell you.

Also, you keep mentioning "people" who were involved in trying to help the civ lie detector, which you seem to find suspicious for some reason, as mentioning me and then ignoring me. Whereas people who mention Wilgy seem to want to stick to Wilgy. Care to name some names instead of speaking in broad terms?

Timmer, I don't know your profession, but if I had to guess, I'd say you were an Olympic long jumpers with all these impressive leaps you keep making.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Is it a nice house?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I'm gonna go ahead and vote Wilgy for reasons I've already gotten into.

Do I need to make that red or bold or something or other?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, I think timmer sells drugs. For real.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:Is it a nice house?
Of course, you can see Russia from it.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:Also, I think timmer sells drugs. For real.
Well, that'd explain his vote for me. :dead horse:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I was considering a vote for Wilgy, but Quin pinged the living daylights out of me with his "Things to distract the LD" post, so I am putting my vote there for now.

Linki, what's wrong with selling drugs? (in a moral sense of course)
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:
Matt wrote:@DB - I've already explained the difference, ISO me for the answer. At the same time, tho, I certainly don't clear sig or Wilgy for coming to my defense either.

He wants the lie detector to waste time detecting mechanics statements as opposed to looking for baddies.
What sort of things would the lie detector be able to check right now other than my suggestions? There's no role use to check. I'm trying to provide the lie detector with information.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Also, I think timmer sells drugs. For real.
Well, that'd explain his vote for me. :dead horse:
S~V~S wrote:Linki, what's wrong with selling drugs? (in a moral sense of course)
I mean I think he works for the medical people. I don't know the moral issues surrounding diverticulitis and what not or why that would affect his vote.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 20

Post by DrWilgy »

insertnamehere wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Hmm? Did I stutter? No, but it would be funny if you did. Me inserting "hmm?" is an expression of thought. Things that I'm building up or pondering in my head will be responded to by a "hmm?" Hmm.

When did I make a no you? When you accused me and Quin out of nowhere for no reason. I gave my reason for my suspicion on you INH. Your thoughts on it (referring to it as nonexistent) is interesting. Because I made a sarcastic jokey post about Matt, who I haven't actually said that I suspect, me and him must be on opposite teams, and we should lynch me to see if Matt is bad? That's based on such loose false reasoning that it just screams "I want to vote this guy, but I have to find some BS reason first." There's no actual logic or genuine thought behind it, so in my mind it registers as nonexistent. Why are you twisting my words now INH? Yes, I do think you are on opposite teams. I didn't read your humor as a teammate interaction and it was too in depth for it to feel like it was coming from a civilian.I never stated anything about lynching you to see if Matt is good or bad. I just think you are on opposite teams and I think that you are bad. It's actually really odd that you you stated that I wanted to lynch you. I didn't state that, nor have I even voted for you.

Also, it's true that I'm playing like I did in AoT. That's on purpose. Why is this alignment indicitive? Because you were bad in AoT Mafia. So? I've been bad in other games with other styles as well. I'm sorry, I don't have any knowledge of your other games because I've only played with you once. So I'm basing my suspicion on what I know, rather than making great leaps. Also, you basically admit that you're playing the same exact game as your baddie AoT game, and you expect people to not see that as suspicious? What?Yup. Being in AoT mafia, you should know based on how I fooled Zebra that I purposely skew and force meta reads. Not relating these events is odd for someone analytical enough to catch me in a past game.
insertnamehere wrote:
Matt wrote:What's with everyone being anti-reaction baiting btw? It's DAY ONE (and ZERO) peeps, what else should we be doing? "Hey guys what's your favorite ice cream flavor?"
Seeing as I've played in many games where reaction baiting wasn't a thing, and there was still discussion on Day 1 and 0, so your assumption that reaction baiting is a natural part of mafia is just patently incorrect.

Plus, it's just unhelpful. Let's assume you're civilian, which is where I'm honestly leaning towards with you, picking on a random someone Day 0 just to see reactions is reckless in that you could be targeting a civilian, and people could find your false suspicion suspicious, and then vote for you. Even if you lay a trap and get somebody over semantics, there's still a very good chance all of this aggression is civilian versus civilian, simply because of how little you're basing your own suspicion on. Plus, it's sooo ridiculously easy for a baddie to find an excuse to try and lynch a civ by trying to trap people he knows aren't on his team. Plus, spreading misinformation and confusion in the thread even if it's ostensibly to find a baddie, is still detrimental to the civilian cause.

To summarize, reaction baiting is unnecessary, unhelpful, easily exploitable by scum, and downright harmful to civilians with its tactics.

Now, does this mean that I think you, Matt, are scum? No, not at all. Disagreement over playing styles isn't = to suspicion. However, Wilgy is someone I know has used these tactics as scum before and is using them in exactly the same way, which he admits! Right now, that's where my vote will most likely be headed.
Why not just vote for me then INH? Are there other options you are thinking of?

@all, I'm unsure why everyone thinks that I am speaking with confidence. I haven't even voted yet... If a suspicion rises that is more so than INH I'll vote there. The more INH and I exchange the worse I feel about him though.

Linki - I see some topics to hit up later. CEO is happening and I got fightan games to watch.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

What sort of things would the lie detector be able to check right now other than my suggestions? There's no role use to check. I'm trying to provide the lie detector with information.
I would iso the posts of those I suspected looking for potential true/false statements. Mechanics will be revealed eventually by the host. An LD is supposed to look for lies. It has nothing to do with role usage.

How would determining game mechanics help catch baddies?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

I would iso the posts of those I suspected looking for potential true/false statements. Mechanics will be revealed eventually by the host. An LD is supposed to look for lies. It has nothing to do with role usage.

How would determining game mechanics help catch baddies?
Not everything has to be done to help catch baddies. Frankly, it might not help at all. Half of what I was trying to do in turf wars was trying to understand mechanics and I like to think we were better for it down the line. Information is good no matter how it is used, from my perspective. None of this was done for the purpose of distracting the lie detector, I just couldn't think of anything else she can be used for on Day 1.

Talking to you now there are some things she could check. x and y are on a team, for example, would be a good start.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Not everything has to be done to help catch baddies.
:faint:

So she could check one "X & Y are on a team" per night?

It seems to make more sense to let her feel her way through peoples posts than directing her where we would like her to go (directing, yeah that was what your post felt like). That just felt very seriously diversionary to me.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Elohcin »

insertnamehere wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Linki: How are Quin and INH, or Matt and INH possibly on the same team? Because I have not gleamed that from any Day 0 interactions.
For the most part, I don't think anyone really knows what they are talking about on Day 0/1. Especially in a closed set-up like this. I think players just throw shit out there to get a reaction from the people they mention. Civs want to use the reactions to decide whether the people they mention are bad or not. Baddies want to use the reactions to decide who they can easily "suspect" for something. Its a crapshoot this early and I, for one, am not listening to any hardcore claims that anyone has for another player.
I honestly hate this style of posturing, fake accusations, and saying random ass bullshit in the hopes of getting a mythical, legendary "accurate scum reaction." Which 9 times out of 10, proves to be dead wrong.

Also, scum love to do this style of playing, and it's honestly something I'll mark down as suspicious.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just an old relic of the times where cases were made on, you know, facts and shit, and not from people reading into reactions that other people had to whatever BS they decided to spout. Maybe this style of playing is the future. Who knows.
Wow! I am so glad to find someone who feels the way I do! I get onto people for it in almost every game in the beginning. And I am always told, "oh that's just a play style, deal with it." INH, I recently hosted a game all by myself for the first time and I couldn't believe the haphazardly behavior I witnessed. It really made me sit back and think about if I should even listen to anyone when playing mafia again.

@ Scotty - I am not sure about your vote for Goldy. I understand its a no show issue, but if she is on the civ side, then don't we want to keep her, active or not. The role she owns has the possibility of being replaced which could give us help in the future. Voting for a no-show on day one seems like an excuse a baddie would make for voting someone.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@Quin, way back when I first posted to you regarding your posts, I was kind of touching on what SVS is saying. The things you were saying seemed to not be focused on baddie hunting, which bothers me. That IS the name of this game, no?
My siggie.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DrWilgy wrote:Why not just vote for me then INH? Are there other options you are thinking of?
insertnamehere wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and vote Wilgy for reasons I've already gotten into.

Do I need to make that red or bold or something or other?
DrWilgy wrote:@all, I'm unsure why everyone thinks that I am speaking with confidence. I haven't even voted yet... If a suspicion rises that is more so than INH I'll vote there. The more INH and I exchange the worse I feel about him though.
I know that feeling, Wilgy.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”