64%

Total votes: 14
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: [Night 3.1] The Office Mafia

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm definitely not ready to give any GTH reads. Some players haven't even posted since I joined last night.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I probably wouldn't make this move if I was bad either. I don't think it's strategically weak as you seem to think TH, but I still wouldn't -- I'm not the type for big gambits. I am more methodical, and I'd pursue a Quin lynch the classic way (smear him with a big fake case and try to pull the strings) and save this Day-end ability for a more critical moment.

I've never been bad with S~V~S so I don't have much of a basis to judge how she might behave.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I've never been bad with S~V~S so I don't have much of a basis to judge how she might behave.
However, I have been bad as S~V~S. :huh:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 315

Post by DrumBeats »

TH, what if though you had a reliable cover that you could use to stop it from being a self-sacrifice? Quin's forced SVS vote the previous night provides said baddie with an easy excuse if they locked it early enough. Additionally, would your scenario remain the same if it took out three civilians? Because that's what the plan does. Quin, N3.1 Kill, and N3.2 Kill.

Even if you wouldn't do it, can you see why somebody else would?

Agreed that the mafia implicating SVS for it would be a better gambit, but it would rely on too many variables in order for it to be a plausible gambit imo. Mafia would need to know that SVS would vote instantly, that Meredith's votes would not apply, and that nobody else would vote earlier. In order for SVS to have been the mafia pulling the gambit, the mafia would only need to know about Meredith's votes and that nobody else would vote earlier. Meredith's votes could be remedied by asking beforehand. Nobody else voting earlier and SVS voting immediately could only be controlled if SVS was in on it to vote instantly and lock. Both could still happen by chance, but I find it unlikely.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

How about this for something completely different:

I'm not a townie. :faint:

I'm independent. I've been approved to say that.

Townies: lynching me does not help you win this game.

Baddies: killing me does not help you win this game.

Just leave me be and I'll play Mafia in peace. :noble:

Y'all should call me Prisoner 509378.

Before 80 people ask the same question: "Why did you decide to reveal this now, JJJ?"

~ Because these repeated night phases terrify me. If I am one of those poor people who is slaughtered, I'm screwed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Matt »

Off to work, but I need to vote in the night poll.

Gotta love dat Christmas!

Peace out, good luck tonight town!

@DOM, right now it says "Night 3.1". Does that mean the next night phase will be "Night 3.2" or will it be "Night 4" ? Thanks!

Linki - Ummmm k lol

See ya later town!
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:@DOM, right now it says "Night 3.1". Does that mean the next night phase will be "Night 3.2" or will it be "Night 4" ? Thanks!
This is what concerns you right now?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Matt »

Lulz. Scotty voted Christmas too. More ammo for DB's baseless accusations I suppose. :eek:

Linki - 3J, ummm yes. That's actually a very important question, IMO, in my particular case. See ya later!
Image Image Image Image
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How about this for something completely different:

Before 80 people ask the same question: "Why did you decide to reveal this now, JJJ?"

~ Because these repeated night phases terrify me. If I am one of those poor people who is slaughtered, I'm screwed.
Well that's fun. I've seen first-hand in the game I hosted how helpful you can be to the town as an independent, so I'm comfortable leaving you alone for now. Hopefully more roles will become available and we can piece together what you are in the coming nights. After we lynch a few mafia, I'm going to entertain lynching you.

@ linki Matt - Lol @ Baseless. You have both provided plenty of reason for me to believe you're a baddie duo. I don't think voting Christmas is relevant at all to you and Scotty being buddies, but I'm still pretty sure you are.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DrumBeats wrote:TH, what if though you had a reliable cover that you could use to stop it from being a self-sacrifice? Quin's forced SVS vote the previous night provides said baddie with an easy excuse if they locked it early enough. Additionally, would your scenario remain the same if it took out three civilians? Because that's what the plan does. Quin, N3.1 Kill, and N3.2 Kill.

Even if you wouldn't do it, can you see why somebody else would?

Agreed that the mafia implicating SVS for it would be a better gambit, but it would rely on too many variables in order for it to be a plausible gambit imo. Mafia would need to know that SVS would vote instantly, that Meredith's votes would not apply, and that nobody else would vote earlier. In order for SVS to have been the mafia pulling the gambit, the mafia would only need to know about Meredith's votes and that nobody else would vote earlier. Meredith's votes could be remedied by asking beforehand. Nobody else voting earlier and SVS voting immediately could only be controlled if SVS was in on it to vote instantly and lock. Both could still happen by chance, but I find it unlikely.
The mafia had to be online to send in the PM, it's possible they made that decision spur of the moment. Or they controlled SVS's vote, or simply took advantage of her sending it in early.

Your theory is possible, but I think my theory is more likely. With my theory they still kill 3 civs, but no baddies are implicated (and a fourth civvie is implicated). If I'm not waiting for endgame, that's how I'd play it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

JJJ for the rest of the game:

I hope I'm wrong :puppy:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head wrote:JJJ for the rest of the game:

*picture*

I hope I'm wrong :puppy:
lol

I pledge to continue trying my best to be a productive contributor to the hunt. I don't expect to be given any free pass.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt's a suspect. Coming in here asking questions about technicalities while a fierce debate rages on. What up wit dat?
Matt wrote:Lulz. Scotty voted Christmas too. More ammo for DB's baseless accusations I suppose. :eek:
ping :suspish:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Suspicion @ everyone who just saw me randomly claim independent and didn't say anything at all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174

Post by insertnamehere »

If you really are an independent-ass independent who's win condition has nothing to do with either team, what incentive does the mafia have to keep you around? So far, you've been uber-active player who's worked double-time giving reads and tried to help catch baddie.

I just don't buy your reasoning for revealing this now.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:If you really are an independent-ass independent who's win condition has nothing to do with either team, what incentive does the mafia have to keep you around? So far, you've been uber-active player who's worked double-time giving reads and tried to help catch baddie.

I just don't buy your reasoning for revealing this now.
From their perspective, killing me is the numbers equivalent to killing nobody. I trust they're not interested in something so unproductive as that.

If you don't believe my reasoning, then provide an alternative. Why did I reveal it now?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote:Holly – Holly is just as weird as Michael, but more balanced. If she is killed, two days will follow. If she is lynched, two nights will follow.
I know I am way behind and perhaps this has already been said, but judging from that role, I would call Holly a civ. why are we calling her bad?
Matt wrote:Like, can no one else think that maybe SVS put in her vote, and there was a baddie around who ended the day early just to set up SVS in case Quin came back good?

Has that crossed no one's mind? Deerp.
"In case Quin came back good?" You're bad, aren't you Matt? If the baddies ended the day on Quin who was civ, then I'm sure they knew how Quin would flip, seeing as how she was not on their team.
Matt wrote:Lol. I see the irony btw of me sticking up for SVS against very new and recent accusations that I should give her time to answer herself.

-1 to Matt
Yeah, that was going to be my next thought, why give her answers, let her defend herself. Is it because you know how she will flip and you are trying to buy some civ cred?
Scotty wrote:
Matt wrote:Does anyone else want to give SVS the benefit of the doubt here? I mean, you don't think she'd be a little more subtle about outright killing a civilian?
I'd like to keep the discussion going on more than her, because I'm not sold she is responsible.

But I am looking at JJJ and Drumbeats for immediately jumping on her as 100% bad.
So much this. For two guys who analyze the shit out of everything and everyone, you jumped to quick and certain conclusions here.

On reading further I see now that Jay did come the conclusion based on analysis. I'm just not sure I agree with the conclusion, but I can see where his thinking is coming from, consider my suspicion slightly lessened.
S~V~S wrote:I did not mean to use the word forcer; what I meant to say was day ender. That was a poor choice of words and I am half awake so not sure why I used that word.
I was not inclined to suspect you until this post. Civs don't usually feel that concerned about their choice of words as much as baddies do, are you afraid you let something slip you shouldn't have?
S~V~S wrote:
Serge wrote:SVS's role could might as well be a townie role. Erin's role to stop a lynch is almost the opposite of this role.

SVS, do you deny the allegations?
I deny them categorically. I am not on any team. I did not knowingly have anything to do with Quins death. Doing what I did would be the stupidest move in the world on my part if I knew what was going to happen.

Would ANY of you have done that knowingly?

But I am okay with getting lynched if need be. I think the town could gain some benefit from it.
I find this mildly concerning as well, everyone is on a team unless they are independent, are you claiming independent? This looks a bit like an attempt to cheat an LD. I would only say mildly concerning though because it is followed by another statement that would seem less likely to be able to cheat an LD...
S~V~S wrote:I am appalled that anyone thinks I am enough of an idiot to do this. I mean, I can be an idiot, but I am a player whose best use to a bad team is via manipulation & talking in thread, not out of self sacrifice. But whatevs, if you want to lynch me Drum, go for it. You will be dissappointed if you really expect me to flip bad.

Also, re the use of the word "forced"; has it occurred to you that I am not allowed to directly say I was targeted?

What other factual checkable statement would you like me to make?

Linki @Faraday, what do you think of my factual remarks? We have 2 nights in a row for Pam to check me. What factual questions would you like to ask me?
Here is the sticking point for me, this kind of play would be out of character for SVS. She is super careful about not revealing her identity through times she posts and who might see her and so forth. In BSG she would barely ever post as Cavil in our chat thread because she knew mods can see who is online, even when invisible. We don't use it to our advantage, but she knew I could see it so rather than risk possibly giving anything away, she rarely even posted until she knew I was on her team. And SVS is not one to go against her meta, especially where caution is concerned. I know this is something that people can change up, but I don't see this being something she would ever WANT to change up for any reason. She is fairly risk averse and doesn't sacrifice a teammate unless she has to. I can't reconcile that to the theory put forward here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Another thought:

~ The advantage gained for the baddies in this situation is diminished some if there are multiple baddie teams (assuming the Syndicate norm for alternating night kills is maintained). The baddies in general enjoy an advantage, but the individual teams not as much. Indeed they might threaten one another additionally in this situation. I think the leetic/Elohcin kills might be a sign of multiple baddie teams -- I thought they both leaned toward the side of badness, perhaps even as team mates.
I disagree, I think we have a baddie team and a SK (probably Scranton Strangler)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:I think DB jumping on SVS right out of the gate is opportunism. I acknowledge that literally anyone could have done it, but his doing so and his continual push that she is definitely bad has me thinking the opposite.
I'll let DB answer to the accusation of opportunism, as well as the other things you've asserted. I'll propose a separate point:

I see culture clash. A few Syndicateers see this and their instinctive reaction is "why the eff would a baddie ever do this?"

That's not my reaction at all. I was brought up elsewhere. DB was brought up elsewhere, and Bulbagarden's games are a lot more like RYM's than they are like The Syndicate's. I think that breeds a certain type of player base, and where he comes from I bet this stuff isn't so absurd as some people here seem to think it is. On RYM this wouldn't even be a surprising gambit, it'd be ordinary.
I can understand the benefit and acknowledge the possibility in theory, I can't see it being something SVS would ever do though. She isn't from RYM Or Bulbagarden, andante is something that comes very difficult to SVS especially when they are deeply held ideas like her cautious tendencies.

Conclusion to my massive post:
I don't suspect SVS
I do suspect Matt
I don't suspect Drumbeats or Jay atm.

Getting on a plane now, voting Christmas.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote:Holly – Holly is just as weird as Michael, but more balanced. If she is killed, two days will follow. If she is lynched, two nights will follow.
I know I am way behind and perhaps this has already been said, but judging from that role, I would call Holly a civ. why are we calling her bad?
Matt wrote:Like, can no one else think that maybe SVS put in her vote, and there was a baddie around who ended the day early just to set up SVS in case Quin came back good?

Has that crossed no one's mind? Deerp.
"In case Quin came back good?" You're bad, aren't you Matt? If the baddies ended the day on Quin who was civ, then I'm sure they knew how Quin would flip, seeing as how she was not on their team.
Matt wrote:Lol. I see the irony btw of me sticking up for SVS against very new and recent accusations that I should give her time to answer herself.

-1 to Matt
Yeah, that was going to be my next thought, why give her answers, let her defend herself. Is it because you know how she will flip and you are trying to buy some civ cred?
Scotty wrote:
Matt wrote:Does anyone else want to give SVS the benefit of the doubt here? I mean, you don't think she'd be a little more subtle about outright killing a civilian?
I'd like to keep the discussion going on more than her, because I'm not sold she is responsible.

But I am looking at JJJ and Drumbeats for immediately jumping on her as 100% bad.
So much this. For two guys who analyze the shit out of everything and everyone, you jumped to quick and certain conclusions here.

On reading further I see now that Jay did come the conclusion based on analysis. I'm just not sure I agree with the conclusion, but I can see where his thinking is coming from, consider my suspicion slightly lessened.
S~V~S wrote:I did not mean to use the word forcer; what I meant to say was day ender. That was a poor choice of words and I am half awake so not sure why I used that word.
I was not inclined to suspect you until this post. Civs don't usually feel that concerned about their choice of words as much as baddies do, are you afraid you let something slip you shouldn't have?
S~V~S wrote:
Serge wrote:SVS's role could might as well be a townie role. Erin's role to stop a lynch is almost the opposite of this role.

SVS, do you deny the allegations?
I deny them categorically. I am not on any team. I did not knowingly have anything to do with Quins death. Doing what I did would be the stupidest move in the world on my part if I knew what was going to happen.

Would ANY of you have done that knowingly?

But I am okay with getting lynched if need be. I think the town could gain some benefit from it.
I find this mildly concerning as well, everyone is on a team unless they are independent, are you claiming independent? This looks a bit like an attempt to cheat an LD. I would only say mildly concerning though because it is followed by another statement that would seem less likely to be able to cheat an LD...
S~V~S wrote:I am appalled that anyone thinks I am enough of an idiot to do this. I mean, I can be an idiot, but I am a player whose best use to a bad team is via manipulation & talking in thread, not out of self sacrifice. But whatevs, if you want to lynch me Drum, go for it. You will be dissappointed if you really expect me to flip bad.

Also, re the use of the word "forced"; has it occurred to you that I am not allowed to directly say I was targeted?

What other factual checkable statement would you like me to make?

Linki @Faraday, what do you think of my factual remarks? We have 2 nights in a row for Pam to check me. What factual questions would you like to ask me?
Here is the sticking point for me, this kind of play would be out of character for SVS. She is super careful about not revealing her identity through times she posts and who might see her and so forth. In BSG she would barely ever post as Cavil in our chat thread because she knew mods can see who is online, even when invisible. We don't use it to our advantage, but she knew I could see it so rather than risk possibly giving anything away, she rarely even posted until she knew I was on her team. And SVS is not one to go against her meta, especially where caution is concerned. I know this is something that people can change up, but I don't see this being something she would ever WANT to change up for any reason. She is fairly risk averse and doesn't sacrifice a teammate unless she has to. I can't reconcile that to the theory put forward here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Another thought:

~ The advantage gained for the baddies in this situation is diminished some if there are multiple baddie teams (assuming the Syndicate norm for alternating night kills is maintained). The baddies in general enjoy an advantage, but the individual teams not as much. Indeed they might threaten one another additionally in this situation. I think the leetic/Elohcin kills might be a sign of multiple baddie teams -- I thought they both leaned toward the side of badness, perhaps even as team mates.
I disagree, I think we have a baddie team and a SK (probably Scranton Strangler)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:I think DB jumping on SVS right out of the gate is opportunism. I acknowledge that literally anyone could have done it, but his doing so and his continual push that she is definitely bad has me thinking the opposite.
I'll let DB answer to the accusation of opportunism, as well as the other things you've asserted. I'll propose a separate point:

I see culture clash. A few Syndicateers see this and their instinctive reaction is "why the eff would a baddie ever do this?"

That's not my reaction at all. I was brought up elsewhere. DB was brought up elsewhere, and Bulbagarden's games are a lot more like RYM's than they are like The Syndicate's. I think that breeds a certain type of player base, and where he comes from I bet this stuff isn't so absurd as some people here seem to think it is. On RYM this wouldn't even be a surprising gambit, it'd be ordinary.
I can understand the benefit and acknowledge the possibility in theory, I can't see it being something SVS would ever do though. She isn't from RYM Or Bulbagarden, andante is something that comes very difficult to SVS especially when they are deeply held ideas like her cautious tendencies.

Gotta get on my plane so here is my conclusion:
Not suspicious of SVS, Jay or DB.
AM suspicious of Matt.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 186

Post by Epignosis »

I agree with everything everybody has said. -Vompatti
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

My program has ended, so I'm here for real now. I am way too tired to fully process anything right now. So, need to reread the past couple of RL days and ponder to form opinions. But wanted to let y'all know I'm around and I'll be able to play for real now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 123

Post by S~V~S »

German.

Who needs a better theme?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:German.

I've read too much Jewish philosophy this past week, mainly of Germans, to want that as a theme. I'm going with jazz. It makes my brain hurt less.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

It looks like we have a decent supply of people, is anybody willing to do GTH right now?

LoRab? Epi? TH? SVS?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174

Post by insertnamehere »

Voted for some nice smooth jazz
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LoRab wrote:

I've read too much Jewish philosophy this past week, mainly of Germans, to want that as a theme. I'm going with jazz. It makes my brain hurt less.
Good point. TH, I was just reading back through your posts.

I voted early becasue I was trying to emphasize the similarity of our experiences to Quin. It is also my experience that when you have no choice but to do a thing, either do it immediately and get it out of the way, or wait until the last second and play stupid. For the reason I stated re Quin, I chose the former. Also I am all about open & honest this game, and playing dumb at the last minute does not seem to work with that.

@Daisy, sometimes TPTB just won;t let you say what you really want to say. And you (or me, lol) is sleepy and does it anyhow.

ALSO,re framing, I am mega mega mega MEGA surprised that no one has tried to imply I was the one to kill Rabbit (or if they did I missed it). I know that when I kill someone when I am bad in order to frame another person, I NEVER bring it up myself. I wait for the civvies to bring it up under those circumstances. And there are a few people I would have expected to bring that point up. When Rabbit died I was waiting for it, and it did not come.

@LoRab, I did not think of it in that context. My husbands BFF is German, and that is my first association. :blush:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well... We got on the plane while I was posting those double posts and then sat on the plane at the gate for an hour and now they took us back off the plane. I hope to the good lord I get home to Ohio tonight. /rant
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60

Post by fingersplints »

Judgment is nigh, for the belsnickel ist I!

German. :nicenod: :srsnod:
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If S~V~S is bad, and is shown as such, where do you go?

If S~V~S is good, and is shown as such, where do you go?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Oh I post and ain't nobody got shit to say.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Should we lynch Epignosis next?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Should we lynch Epignosis next?
That's an option.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Too bad I'm watching OitNB now. Neener neener.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:Too bad I'm watching OitNB now. Neener neener.
The sooner we lynch you, the more time you'll have to watch :dark:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:
LoRab wrote:

Good point. TH, I was just reading back through your posts.

I voted early becasue I was trying to emphasize the similarity of our experiences to Quin. It is also my experience that when you have no choice but to do a thing, either do it immediately and get it out of the way, or wait until the last second and play stupid. For the reason I stated re Quin, I chose the former. Also I am all about open & honest this game, and playing dumb at the last minute does not seem to work with that.

@Daisy, sometimes TPTB just won;t let you say what you really want to say. And you (or me, lol) is sleepy and does it anyhow.

ALSO,re framing, I am mega mega mega MEGA surprised that no one has tried to imply I was the one to kill Rabbit (or if they did I missed it). I know that when I kill someone when I am bad in order to frame another person, I NEVER bring it up myself. I wait for the civvies to bring it up under those circumstances. And there are a few people I would have expected to bring that point up. When Rabbit died I was waiting for it, and it did not come.

@LoRab, I did not think of it in that context. My husbands BFF is German, and that is my first association. :blush:
I didn't bring it up because it's as stupid an idea as the idea that we currently find ourselves in.

I simply don't believe a bad you would NK wabbit N1 in a game with me and splintsy and indi and lorab. You would have wanted to earned your win over wabbit. Not just remove him from the playing board first night round. You would not have made this call on any team you were on. If you were bad, you would have been outvoted and wait for someone to bring it up so you could jump on them. :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:ALSO,re framing, I am mega mega mega MEGA surprised that no one has tried to imply I was the one to kill Rabbit (or if they did I missed it). I know that when I kill someone when I am bad in order to frame another person, I NEVER bring it up myself. I wait for the civvies to bring it up under those circumstances. And there are a few people I would have expected to bring that point up. When Rabbit died I was waiting for it, and it did not come.
I'm satisfied with your vote explanation. But who are you referring to here? Now's not the time to pull your punches.

linki: And bea replies, the plot thickens... :ponder:
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Too bad I'm watching OitNB now. Neener neener.
The sooner we lynch you, the more time you'll have to watch :dark:

Make a case please, I'd love to hear it.

@ SVS - "It is also my experience that when you have no choice but to do a thing, either do it immediately and get it out of the way, or wait until the last second and play stupid. " That quote directly contradicts with the statement Sorsha quoted you on from another game. Explain this discrepancy.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:If S~V~S is bad, and is shown as such, where do you go?

tbh. Waiting a lot of time not talking about anyone else.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

bea wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If S~V~S is bad, and is shown as such, where do you go?

tbh. Waiting a lot of time not talking about anyone else.
Start the conversation then. Name your top suspicions.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't have much resembling a case on Epi yet. I'm underwhelmed by what I've seen from him so far. Those questions he asked ^ felt like he was talking down to the town rather than contributing, a minor ping. And no words for his NK'd wife Elo? Maybe he knew she wanted out and was happy to oblige :ponder:

I've got my eye on him, as we all should.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Matt wrote:Off to work, but I need to vote in the night poll.

Gotta love dat Christmas!

Peace out, good luck tonight town!

@DOM, right now it says "Night 3.1". Does that mean the next night phase will be "Night 3.2" or will it be "Night 4" ? Thanks!

Linki - Ummmm k lol

See ya later town!
yes please!
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't have much resembling a case on Epi yet. I'm underwhelmed by what I've seen from him so far. Those questions he asked ^ felt like he was talking down to the town rather than contributing, a minor ping. And no words for his NK'd wife Elo? Maybe he knew she wanted out and was happy to oblige :ponder:

I was also pinged by the blatant "No" to GTH reads.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: [DAY ONE] The Office Mafia

Post by S~V~S »

Sorsha wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
G-Man wrote:Switched my vote to Quin
For the sake of a little
Certainty tonight
:suspish: :suspish: :suspish: :suspish: :suspish:
:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

RIP Quin
There is a vote forcer in this game, a civ. When *I* am vote forced to vote for someone I don't think, or don't know, is bad, I generally vote not unlike G Man did. No one else was going to be lynched when he voted.

This lynch actually makes LC look better to me, and Faraday and Soneji worse. But I need to read again, you don't read as well when you are a bear. Big claws, small brain.
And the link back so you can read it in context: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 75#p260075

The highlighted section is referring to voting last minute.
Right and that was one of the options I mentioned. In this case I was also mimicking quin, as I have said.

Drum for someone so fixated on telling Pam what to check you do a great job ignoring my direct statements.

I don't have BTSC.
I don't have a kill or know who does.
I don't know anyone else's role.
I don't know who ended the day early.
I did not choose to vote for Quin.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DrumBeats wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I don't have much resembling a case on Epi yet. I'm underwhelmed by what I've seen from him so far. Those questions he asked ^ felt like he was talking down to the town rather than contributing, a minor ping. And no words for his NK'd wife Elo? Maybe he knew she wanted out and was happy to oblige :ponder:

I was also pinged by the blatant "No" to GTH reads.
To be fair, that's completely in character for him :haha: We should ask him for a rainbow list.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DrumBeats wrote:

Well that's fun. I've seen first-hand in the game I hosted how helpful you can be to the town as an independent, so I'm comfortable leaving you alone for now. Hopefully more roles will become available and we can piece together what you are in the coming nights. After we lynch a few mafia, I'm going to entertain lynching you.

@ linki Matt - Lol @ Baseless. You have both provided plenty of reason for me to believe you're a baddie duo. I don't think voting Christmas is relevant at all to you and Scotty being buddies, but I'm still pretty sure you are.
Whyfore again? Just the bullet points please. I'm sorry - I'm a crap player who has limited time and honestly won't go back and reread. I know it's a thing I can't remember the deets. If it peaks my interest I will dig in more.

linki- stuff blowing up and I still am prolly 3 pages behind. I'm terminally in crackberry mode. lol.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 87

Re: The Office [POLLS]

Post by Dom »

What should the party's theme be?

Poll runs till Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:55 pm
You may select 1 option

Christmas
Scotty (5), Serge (12), Matt (16), Spacedaisy (17), Turnip Head (22) 23%
Thanksgiving
indiglo (9), DFaraday (13), JaggedJimmyJay (14), DrumBeats (15) 18%
German
Sorsha (8), S~V~S (18), fingersplints (21) 14%
Jazz
Epignosis (7), timmer (10), LoRab (19), insertnamehere (20) 18%
One Direction (for dom etc)
Quin (1), Dom (2), Golden (3), Elohcin (4), Dex (6), leetic (11) 27%
Total votes : 22
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Suspicion @ everyone who just saw me randomly claim independent and didn't say anything at all.

kk. you are just straight up playin' now right?
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Re: [DAY ONE] The Office Mafia

Post by DrumBeats »

S~V~S wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
G-Man wrote:Switched my vote to Quin
For the sake of a little
Certainty tonight
:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

RIP Quin
There is a vote forcer in this game, a civ. When *I* am vote forced to vote for someone I don't think, or don't know, is bad, I generally vote not unlike G Man did. No one else was going to be lynched when he voted.

This lynch actually makes LC look better to me, and Faraday and Soneji worse. But I need to read again, you don't read as well when you are a bear. Big claws, small brain.
And the link back so you can read it in context: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 75#p260075

The highlighted section is referring to voting last minute.
Right and that was one of the options I mentioned. In this case I was also mimicking quin, as I have said.

Drum for someone so fixated on telling Pam what to check you do a great job ignoring my direct statements.

I don't have BTSC.
I don't have a kill or know who does.
I don't know anyone else's role.
I don't know who ended the day early.
I did not choose to vote for Quin.
Explain that first line. I get that you were mimicking Quin, but I don't get what you even mean by that being one of the options you mentioned. You directly said - LOL just looked at the quote again, you're right. But then how does that quote defend your immediate vote then?

I did anything but ignore them, I pieced them apart and analyzed each of their validity. There weren't a lot until you began to use them as a defense crutch. Now explain to me how Pam is supposed to tell us that you lied about any of those things?

For someone so fixated on proving your innocence, you do a great job of ignoring my arguments against you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:ALSO,re framing, I am mega mega mega MEGA surprised that no one has tried to imply I was the one to kill Rabbit (or if they did I missed it). I know that when I kill someone when I am bad in order to frame another person, I NEVER bring it up myself. I wait for the civvies to bring it up under those circumstances. And there are a few people I would have expected to bring that point up. When Rabbit died I was waiting for it, and it did not come.
I'm satisfied with your vote explanation. But who are you referring to here? Now's not the time to pull your punches.

linki: And bea replies, the plot thickens... :ponder:
I mean people who know me well enough to know Rabbit and I have a dynamic, but not what it is. Epi for one.

@bea, damn Skippy I wouldn't kill him. And you know it; fwiw I didn't mean you.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

bea wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:

Whyfore again? Just the bullet points please. I'm sorry - I'm a crap player who has limited time and honestly won't go back and reread. I know it's a thing I can't remember the deets. If it peaks my interest I will dig in more.

linki- stuff blowing up and I still am prolly 3 pages behind. I'm terminally in crackberry mode. lol.
Gonna try to speed this before update in case I'm dead.

- Day 0/1 Matt focusses on FS over Scotty despite suspecting both for same thing.

- Day 1 Matt considers voting for Goldy due to a suspicion on Scotty, rather than just voting Scotty.

- Day 2 Scotty questions if Matt has been silenced way early in the day (though he wasn't in the end so this one wasn't that big)

Post more in a sec if I'm alive, I think it's about update time and wanted to get this started.

Return to “Previous Jobs”