64%

Total votes: 14
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 315

Re: [Night 3.1] The Office Mafia

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:Noted, thanks Scotty/Sorsha. I definitely think that its a possibility, but SVS had a pretty good shot of getting off clean still so idk. Regardless, they probably want us to spend too much time focussing on it today, so I digress.

I'm heavily leaning toward a Matt lynch today. How about everyone else?
If it leads us to that, I wouldn't be averse.

However, I wish I could better determine if mafia killed SVS to frame Epi, to protect Epi, or if mafia killed SVS at all. Those are the options I see right now. I just wish they weren't so WIFOM-y, dammit.

You're not off the table for my vote either, DB. How you feelin about me?

Anyway, I'm goin to bed. :ninja:
I wish I could too, but right now it's all WIFOM. You guys said you spent two days in confusion after the last one and I'd rather us not do that. I think our best course of action now is to slowly piece together the gambit based upon the roles that were available to determine if SVS was mafia or not. We should have a mafia day-ender and at least one more mafia role to reveal. I do not think that a civilian SVS was killed to frame Epi though. That situation just doesn't make sense to me. I believe that either a civilian SVS was killed to protect Epi or a mafia SVS was killed imo.

You're my number 2 suspect. Matt > You > LoRab > Epi.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Spacedaisy »

Enrique wrote::( SD. I had second thoughts about that word, but what I meant is that it came off shallow and disingineuous (artificial, fabricated, whatever). It just looks like it's trying to check every box, you know? You have considered this and that, but arrived at [inoffensive conclusion]. Yeah you go through a whole justification process, but the whole time it looks like you KNOW where you're going. One second 3J and DB are suspicious, and you immediately let them off the hook. You nitpick SVS' posts, but it never looks like you're steering from "SVS would never do that". It feels redundant, like the post only exists for reference and not because you care what the outcome is.

I don't know, and I recognize I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like to me. Sorry I was a dick about it, I'm just tryna' catch some baddies.
Consider it forgiven. I appreciate very much this response. If you have an objection to my posts I prefer you tell me what about it you don't like, but tossing around words like vapid is insulting on a personal level and upsets me. Other people tend to say posts are stupid and idiotic and those are offensive to me as well. I just feel like we are all articulate enough here to be able to explain what we find objectionable in someone's posts without using words that make it personal. And I really appreciate your response, truly. I'm sorry for being offended, I like and respect you Enrique.

All that said, you are wrong in how you read it. I literally was sitting in an airport, catching up, I would quote a post that stood out to me and put my response in, then copy the whole thing and do it again when I came across something else. If it feels diplomatic, it is due to the fact, I genuinely would read something and think, whoa that seems bad. But no I didn't ever really steer from the fact I couldn't see SVS doing it, because as I said, it was my one sticking point. Despite the few things that raised an eyebrow, when it comes down to it, what that plot would require is for SVS to change a bit of her personality that i don't believe she ever could bring herself to do. She is more than capable of being a sneaky baddie, but she is and always has been way too cautious to take part in that plan. I just don't think it happened. So I never steered from that because I couldn't reconcile it. As for Jay and DB, the fact they just jumped in and gave no analysis looked hella suspect to me, but then later they explained the analysis that got them there. They analyzed and came to a conclusion then posted from that perspective. I read and reacted, you were getting some stream of consciousness posting going on there. :shrug:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Spacedaisy »

DrumBeats wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Wait, it was enrique that said it, and drumbeats that agreed with it. Still think it is hypocritical of you.
I liked his read on you being overly diplomatic, I did not find anything wrong with your thought that SVS looked like she was trying to cheat the lie detector.
Ok, then I rescind my feeling you were being hypocritical. I liked your analysis btw, though I obviously didn't agree with your conclusion about SVS. If it were someone else I might have, but I can't see SVS willingly being part of that scenario.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

DrumBeats wrote:
indiglo wrote:I am ready to start reading page 29, so am not caught up. With that said, here are my thoughts so far, apologies if these things have already been said.

3J - strange little gambit there (the whole indy thing), I suppose that may be the last time you attempt it. :haha: RIP :rip:

Regarding the double Eloh/Leetic night death, this role may be plausible (not sure who between them would have been Todd though):

Todd Packer – Todd is volatile and if he is killed at night, he take his killer down with him. If he is lynched, he will take one of his voters down with him.

Also, I voted Ryan and Dwight in the poll. Ryan, because I felt bad that there were no votes for him, and Dwight because I like the name Dwight. :beer:

I'll try to do a bit of catching up, but don't have a ton of time tonight.
My first guess as to the Packer situation is that I don't think it was Eloh, mostly because I think if the vigilante still had a shot, SVS would be dead by now. Additionally, with how inactive leetic was, I'm not sure he would've submitted a kill action, which would trigger the bomb. Then again, he did submit a vote, so maybe, I just doubt it.

Maybe leetic was Packer, but at the same time I don't see the mafia killing leetic when he was an incredibly easy lynch to push.
I can see leetic as Packer.

Meridith split her MANY day 1 force votes. Leetic is a civ who knows he's going down soon based on the votes going his way. He spends his power. Right or wrong, if you know you are likely going to die and you have *that* role, why not take down someone you are suspicious of with you?

linkie - db - I work backwards - I think you can figure out who I trust. I think you can understand why I don't name names. Everyone else is a ? for me.

I'm currently not a super fan of serge or matt. I'd like to see LOTS more from lorab and splintsy. For sure. Lorab looking for an undotted i in my call her out post makes me leary of her. Splintsy not acknowledging my similar read to hers before svs died worries me. Baddie lorab and splints team would take out svs as quick as possible. And then figure they could manipulate me (cuz I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and they mah gurrlz) till I was a PITA and NK me. I gave it till N4 when Wigly, the tracker asked me the question on Day 1. ;)

Not sure yet about Epi. I know SVS thought he was bad because she was trying to figure who wouldn't know about wabbit to use it against her. I don't necessarily think that it has to be someone half in the loop - I think it could be lorab or splintsy or epi equally. I wait for JC to have more than catch up posts - but I know she subbed and she is traveling. All of them. I need imput from all of them.

Indi is decidedly less involved than she was during BSG. Where she was supatown civ. And again, believe me, I know RL problems and issues. But yea. We are walking into day 4 and I expect more from her. The fact that I have given more than her worries me.

They are my most troubling and important ??? atm. I work backwards. I can't even deal with Matt yet till I know where I feel about those gals.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

bea wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
indiglo wrote:I am ready to start reading page 29, so am not caught up. With that said, here are my thoughts so far, apologies if these things have already been said.

3J - strange little gambit there (the whole indy thing), I suppose that may be the last time you attempt it. :haha: RIP :rip:

Regarding the double Eloh/Leetic night death, this role may be plausible (not sure who between them would have been Todd though):

Todd Packer – Todd is volatile and if he is killed at night, he take his killer down with him. If he is lynched, he will take one of his voters down with him.

Also, I voted Ryan and Dwight in the poll. Ryan, because I felt bad that there were no votes for him, and Dwight because I like the name Dwight. :beer:

My first guess as to the Packer situation is that I don't think it was Eloh, mostly because I think if the vigilante still had a shot, SVS would be dead by now. Additionally, with how inactive leetic was, I'm not sure he would've submitted a kill action, which would trigger the bomb. Then again, he did submit a vote, so maybe, I just doubt it.

Maybe leetic was Packer, but at the same time I don't see the mafia killing leetic when he was an incredibly easy lynch to push.

Meridith split her MANY day 1 force votes. Leetic is a civ who knows he's going down soon based on the votes going his way. He spends his power. Right or wrong, if you know you are likely going to die and you have *that* role, why not take down someone you are suspicious of with you?

linkie - db - I work backwards - I think you can figure out who I trust. I think you can understand why I don't name names. Everyone else is a ? for me.

I'm currently not a super fan of serge or matt. I'd like to see LOTS more from lorab and splintsy. For sure. Lorab looking for an undotted i in my call her out post makes me leary of her. Splintsy not acknowledging my similar read to hers before svs died worries me. Baddie lorab and splints team would take out svs as quick as possible. And then figure they could manipulate me (cuz I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and they mah gurrlz) till I was a PITA and NK me. I gave it till N4 when Wigly, the tracker asked me the question on Day 1. ;)

Not sure yet about Epi. I know SVS thought he was bad because she was trying to figure who wouldn't know about wabbit to use it against her. I don't necessarily think that it has to be someone half in the loop - I think it could be lorab or splintsy or epi equally. I wait for JC to have more than catch up posts - but I know she subbed and she is traveling. All of them. I need imput from all of them.

Indi is decidedly less involved than she was during BSG. Where she was supatown civ. And again, believe me, I know RL problems and issues. But yea. We are walking into day 4 and I expect more from her. The fact that I have given more than her worries me.

They are my most troubling and important ??? atm. I work backwards. I can't even deal with Matt yet till I know where I feel about those gals.
If he was lynched, I'd agree with you there. Since he was killed though, if he were Packer, he'd take his killer, which would be Eloh, down with him. I just can't see the mafia killing him, because he was such an easy mislynch for them, but then again, the mafia just killed SVS so I don't even know what they're doing.

Can you clarify what you mean by you work backwards? Sorry, I've never heard that before in mafia, so I want to make sure I know you mean by it
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Sorsha »

Whats the case on Matt? Can someone point to it for me?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Serge
The Mark
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Serge »

Epignosis didn't vote for Gabe. I rest my case.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 5

Post by a2thezebra »

bea wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Who is that in your profile pic Turnip?
It's Pennsatucky from Orange is the New Black. The actress is Taryn Manning.
Cool, I'll check it out.

Sorry - I know more reading less posting - but wait wot??? You haven't seen Orange is the New Black. Girrrl. Go watch now!! We will see you in like 4 days if Buffy was any indication.... ;)
Will do. Buffy was when I was unemployed tho :p
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote: There's enough information out there that honing in on low posters will do absolutely nothing for us. Just more gamble lynches that will likely end badly and make us lose. Name your top three suspects who are not low posters.
Well that's hardly fair. There's only a handful of us. I'm back and forth between you/SVS. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to an SVS lynch.
Then Epi and Matt.

But how do you define a low-poster? Everyone living is a lower poster than you. timmer has 30 posts, though I'd still consider him a low poster to an extent.
I think it's plenty fair, there are a ton of players in this game and a decent amount of middle-to-high posters. Three isn't a hard number to name. I agree that Epi is suspicious as well. A lot of posts with very little actual discussion imo.

I'd define it right now as the group of people who are straight up barely here. Sorsha, Spacedaisy, Enrique at least. LoRab, timmer, and bea are borderline imo. Maybe juliets too, but thats a recent sub. How do you define it, and which among them are your top suspects?
if i cant remember the last time they posted or the content they included, that's generally going to be a low poster for me. In the context of this game, it's not as big or heavy-handed as others, so there's going to be a more lax definition. TH has been pretty active since coming in, which is nice, but I'd probably use 30 posts or so as a good line right now. You mentioned timmer, who has 30 posts. That makes timmer, splints, bea, LoRab, Enrique, DFaraday, SpaceDaisy, espers, Sorsha, and juliets as potential low posters. Which is over half of our current population. So im a little limited there, hombre.
Where in my posts have I not given meat?

If you are looking at low posters look at the people giving their opinions as best they can - vs a solid I know peeps expect me to post a few times maybe.

in that list - who seems to be trying to help you? who doesn't seem to care?
bea
Racketeer

Re: [DAY ONE] The Office Mafia

Post by bea »

Sorsha wrote:
Scotty wrote:Sorsha currently has 5 posts. This is her last:
Sorsha wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
G-Man wrote:Switched my vote to Quin
For the sake of a little
Certainty tonight
:suspish: :suspish: :suspish: :suspish: :suspish:
:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

RIP Quin
There is a vote forcer in this game, a civ. When *I* am vote forced to vote for someone I don't think, or don't know, is bad, I generally vote not unlike G Man did. No one else was going to be lynched when he voted.

This lynch actually makes LC look better to me, and Faraday and Soneji worse. But I need to read again, you don't read as well when you are a bear. Big claws, small brain.
And the link back so you can read it in context: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 75#p260075

The highlighted section is referring to voting last minute.
What are your current thoughts based on what SVS has said?

Who else do you suspect right now?
One thing nagging me about SVS's response is this post:
S~V~S wrote:I am appalled that anyone thinks I am enough of an idiot to do this. I mean, I can be an idiot, but I am a player whose best use to a bad team is via manipulation & talking in thread, not out of self sacrifice. But whatevs, if you want to lynch me Drum, go for it. You will be dissappointed if you really expect me to flip bad.

Also, re the use of the word "forced"; has it occurred to you that I am not allowed to directly say I was targeted?

What other factual checkable statement would you like me to make?

Linki @Faraday, what do you think of my factual remarks? We have 2 nights in a row for Pam to check me. What factual questions would you like to ask me?
Making it out that anyone who suspects her thinks she's an idiot when no one who has played with her would really think that. It's been pointed out already that it wouldn't be an idiotic move, trading one mafia life for what amounts to four civ's is a decent trade off.

I feel like I'm 51/49 in favor of lynching her. To me it comes down to a mafia gambit with SVS in on it or a mafia gambit that was relying on a bit of luck- with someone who could end day early around at the right time. A third option could be a civ ended the day early who thought Quin was bad but his claim makes me think that is really unlikely.

Another suspicion I have is inh- I want to look over his and jjj's conversation again. I only skimmed it so far but I wasn't getting great feelings about inh from it. Seemed like he kinda faded to the back ground since the Quin lynch but I think he would be my #2 pick for lynch. His mea culpa post didn't give me the same change of heart it did to jjj.

Also TurnipHead. His constant defense of SVS reminds me of AWR when we had quite a few circumstantial pieces of evidence that SVS was bad and he still refused to believe it. (She was bad, so were TH and I, on the opposite team, ftr). I'll be keeping an eye on him for now, if SVS were lynched and came back civ he would jump up to #1 for me.

I'll try to be back around later to give my thoughts on others but I'm at work now so don't hold your breath. If anyone has any specific player they want my thoughts on let me know.

voting Gabe and other
I don't trust you yet.

I want your reads on lorab, splintsy, and indi.

As of this post - you didn't know that svs was gone, so yea.... what do you think in light of all of this and als o reads on those peeps is cool.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm looking at Matt mainly. Still waiting to see more from Epignosis.
Pervert.
I'm a more than a little disappointed that this is the end.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Sorsha wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
For the sake of a little
Certainty tonight

RIP Quin
There is a vote forcer in this game, a civ. When *I* am vote forced to vote for someone I don't think, or don't know, is bad, I generally vote not unlike G Man did. No one else was going to be lynched when he voted.

This lynch actually makes LC look better to me, and Faraday and Soneji worse. But I need to read again, you don't read as well when you are a bear. Big claws, small brain.
And the link back so you can read it in context: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 75#p260075

S~V~S wrote:I am appalled that anyone thinks I am enough of an idiot to do this. I mean, I can be an idiot, but I am a player whose best use to a bad team is via manipulation & talking in thread, not out of self sacrifice. But whatevs, if you want to lynch me Drum, go for it. You will be dissappointed if you really expect me to flip bad.

Also, re the use of the word "forced"; has it occurred to you that I am not allowed to directly say I was targeted?

Linki @Faraday, what do you think of my factual remarks? We have 2 nights in a row for Pam to check me. What factual questions would you like to ask me?
Making it out that anyone who suspects her thinks she's an idiot when no one who has played with her would really think that. It's been pointed out already that it wouldn't be an idiotic move, trading one mafia life for what amounts to four civ's is a decent trade off.

I feel like I'm 51/49 in favor of lynching her. To me it comes down to a mafia gambit with SVS in on it or a mafia gambit that was relying on a bit of luck- with someone who could end day early around at the right time. A third option could be a civ ended the day early who thought Quin was bad but his claim makes me think that is really unlikely.

Another suspicion I have is inh- I want to look over his and jjj's conversation again. I only skimmed it so far but I wasn't getting great feelings about inh from it. Seemed like he kinda faded to the back ground since the Quin lynch but I think he would be my #2 pick for lynch. His mea culpa post didn't give me the same change of heart it did to jjj.

Also TurnipHead. His constant defense of SVS reminds me of AWR when we had quite a few circumstantial pieces of evidence that SVS was bad and he still refused to believe it. (She was bad, so were TH and I, on the opposite team, ftr). I'll be keeping an eye on him for now, if SVS were lynched and came back civ he would jump up to #1 for me.
u

voting Gabe and other
I officially think you are bad sweet sorsha. You were so quick to thow TH under the buss cuz it furthers the sus that svs was bad. But we both know she wasn't.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Sorsha wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Also TurnipHead. His constant defense of SVS reminds me of AWR when we had quite a few circumstantial pieces of evidence that SVS was bad and he still refused to believe it. (She was bad, so were TH and I, on the opposite team, ftr). I'll be keeping an eye on him for now, if SVS were lynched and came back civ he would jump up to #1 for me.
I forgot to respond to this. I don't really understand the connection you're drawing. I'm sure I've defended SVS just as often as I've accused her, I'm probably batting .500. I feel okay about your motives though so feel free to keep an eye on me :beer:
It means I question your ability to read SVS and I feel like you lean civ on her a bit more than is warranted.

ripiywg SVS... it's not unheard of for the mafia to kill one of their own. Especially if they thought she would be getting lynched today, plus it saves her team from having to defend her. And it makes everyone go WTF.
except this - way back at the beginning of eternal night - you and splintsy and indi and lorab and no one was talking to *me* about svs.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DrumBeats wrote:
bea wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:

If he was lynched, I'd agree with you there. Since he was killed though, if he were Packer, he'd take his killer, which would be Eloh, down with him. I just can't see the mafia killing him, because he was such an easy mislynch for them, but then again, the mafia just killed SVS so I don't even know what they're doing.

Can you clarify what you mean by you work backwards? Sorry, I've never heard that before in mafia, so I want to make sure I know you mean by it
I mean that tend to find who i trust first. I look for fellow civs and hope and pray they are civs. My distrust comes when I don't think you are civ...
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DrumBeats wrote:
bea wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:

I work to figure out who I trust. Not who I suspect. That's what I mean by backwards. You ask for reads from me and the only reads I can give you are the peeps I thinkk are civ. AndI think I've been obvious about who I trust at this point.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

kk I'm srrsly honest on thisl.

TH- follow up because I'm sure I can't -

Lorab, indi, Spinltsy were all non voices in the eternal night of svs dying.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Sorsha »

bea wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
For the sake of a little
Certainty tonight

RIP Quin

u

voting Gabe and other
I officially think you are bad sweet sorsha. You were so quick to thow TH under the buss cuz it furthers the sus that svs was bad. But we both know she wasn't.
How is saying I'm keeping an eye on TH throwing him under the bus? When reading his defense of SVS my mind immediately went to AWR where he staunchly refused to believe she was bad even though evidence pointed to it. Here it didn't even seem like he was considering her to be bad... which he would have no way of knowing that was the case, unless he was bad.

And how do we both know that she wasn't bad? I don't want to be hung up on was she/ wasn't she since I don't see a way to find out for sure at this point, but it is possible she was bad. I don't think it's as far fetched as some people seem to be thinking. I don't know if SVS was bad or not. Do you bea?
bea wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Also TurnipHead. His constant defense of SVS reminds me of AWR when we had quite a few circumstantial pieces of evidence that SVS was bad and he still refused to believe it. (She was bad, so were TH and I, on the opposite team, ftr). I'll be keeping an eye on him for now, if SVS were lynched and came back civ he would jump up to #1 for me.
I forgot to respond to this. I don't really understand the connection you're drawing. I'm sure I've defended SVS just as often as I've accused her, I'm probably batting .500. I feel okay about your motives though so feel free to keep an eye on me :beer:
It means I question your ability to read SVS and I feel like you lean civ on her a bit more than is warranted.

ripiywg SVS... it's not unheard of for the mafia to kill one of their own. Especially if they thought she would be getting lynched today, plus it saves her team from having to defend her. And it makes everyone go WTF.
except this - way back at the beginning of eternal night - you and splintsy and indi and lorab and no one was talking to *me* about svs.
I'm not sure what you mean in this post.

I'll read their posts and let you know where I am with those three, I'm leaning bad on LoRab so far though. The whole "not having time to give reads but having time to argue about the LD" is my basis.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I guess what I'm saying is it's easy to think the early thing. But you and I know how well we all work together.

And maybe it's differently.

Indi - splintsy - lorab

I'm hard pressed to find a reason they didn't land how I did re: svs
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:Before I go, vote Golden to get that guy out of this office. No Golden childs here. :workit:
This is what I get for not being night killed? :disappoint:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 123

Post by S~V~S »

Good Luck! Workers of the World Unite!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

This is mainly for Sorsha:
Sorsha wrote:How is saying I'm keeping an eye on TH throwing him under the bus? When reading his defense of SVS my mind immediately went to AWR where he staunchly refused to believe she was bad even though evidence pointed to it. Here it didn't even seem like he was considering her to be bad... which he would have no way of knowing that was the case, unless he was bad.
I think you're rewriting history a little bit re: AWR. I don't remember staunchly defending SVS, I do remember considering all possibilities (because if she was that weird indie role instead of a baddie we would have lost), ultimately I was convinced she was bad, and I brought none of that hesitance into the thread because it would have hampered our team's goals. I think you also brought this game up when I defended SVS in Arkham. Yeah... maybe I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt more often than I should. That's fair to say.

But you're right I didn't really consider SVS to be bad here because the case never made sense to me. I've seen these kinds of things snowball out of control before, until we end up HAVING to lynch a person because we've talked about it so much that it feels inevitable to people. When I see that happening, I try to stop it because it's playing right into the mafia's hands. I get in trouble a lot for defending players I have absolutely no info on, you'd think I would have stopped by now... see me defending Matt in Arkham, or when I would have gone to the grave defending FZ from all of Epi's circumstantial evidence against her in Death Note.

I just get the feeling you don't really know how I tend to play, and you're only comparing it to the one game where you knew my role :shrug2:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

bea wrote:kk I'm srrsly honest on thisl.

I'm not really sure what to make of this. Lorab did chime in, but like DrumBeats said it felt slightly forced; like she wanted to come down on the side of defending SVS so she came up with a reason to do so. I don't know indi well enough to guess how she would react. Splintsy seems a nonvoice altogether, not just in the SVS matter, so not sure what to make of that either. I'd certainly like to hear more from all 3 of them about what they want to do for today's lynch.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 186

Re: [Day Four] The Office Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:How is saying I'm keeping an eye on TH throwing him under the bus? When reading his defense of SVS my mind immediately went to AWR where he staunchly refused to believe she was bad even though evidence pointed to it. Here it didn't even seem like he was considering her to be bad... which he would have no way of knowing that was the case, unless he was bad.
If I'm reading this correctly, Sorsha suspects Turnip Head, but the reasons she's providing- in my mind- would be points in his favor, not against him. Unless Sorsha is supposing two mafia teams (which I see no evidence of, because of what I highlighted in yellow), how does Turnip Head's opinion of S~V~S in a game when they were on opposing factions have any negative bearing on him here? In a two-mafia world, you're all hunters and it helps to figure out the other competition.
Sorsha wrote:And how do we both know that she wasn't bad? I don't want to be hung up on was she/ wasn't she since I don't see a way to find out for sure at this point, but it is possible she was bad. I don't think it's as far fetched as some people seem to be thinking. I don't know if SVS was bad or not. Do you bea?
In the red text, Sorsha asserts that if S~V~S were a civilian, then Turnip Head is her #1 suspect (which I don't understand, since Turnip Head would have been right about it). Yet Sorsha is unconvinced that the killed S~V~S was a civilian. What does this do to her position on Turnip Head? She doesn't say.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by DFaraday »

Sorsha wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Is mafia killing their own common here? Can someone provide me with some games when this has happened?
My team did it in Downton Abbey mafia. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... =27&t=1002

I thought someone else mentioned another time here in this thread but I don't remember who or what game it was.

I wouldn't say its common here... We only did it because Long Con was toast anyway and it made the civs all :omg:
I brought up WWE, where a team NKed one of their own, the reasoning being so that nobody could make connections between the one under suspicion and her team. Except she was by no means the center of attention like SVS has been in this game. I wonder whether that happened here, to prevent any connections being made between SVS and her teammates.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by DFaraday »

I'm not sure why people are trying to figure out Epi's alignment based on SVS' remarks. It seems she only said he was bad once during the Eternal Night, and with very little reasoning given. I don't see that as cause for a frame-up or a kill to protect Epi.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:

I'm not really sure what to make of this. Lorab did chime in, but like DrumBeats said it felt slightly forced; like she wanted to come down on the side of defending SVS so she came up with a reason to do so. I don't know indi well enough to guess how she would react. Splintsy seems a nonvoice altogether, not just in the SVS matter, so not sure what to make of that either. I'd certainly like to hear more from all 3 of them about what they want to do for today's lynch.
Perhaps splintsy would be more of a voice if there was some resolution to her Day 0 suspicion?
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Do you understand where Bea is going? Why am I required to see SVS exactly as she does?
Gro-oo-ovy
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I'm curious as to whether heavily suspecting a player before they are night killed is a civ look or a bad look. In SVS' case, Drumbeats drove that tunnel home. (JJJ did to an extent as well. In JJJ's case he claimed indie, which I'm choosing to believe)

But i think it's a smart move to be an antagonist of someone right up until the edge of the night so that when that player is killed you can throw up your arms and go "woah! I'm sorry guys, I was totally wrong!" It gives you more options to lynch the next day. Plus, those people that were defending her civiness look worse.

What I can't understand (and I thought about it last night) is why on satan's red earth as a baddie you would kill a prime lynch candidate. My BIGGEST suspicion of Drumbeats was predicated on the assumption that SVS was civ, and now we can't know for sure. But I strongly think she was civ.

It might be confirmation bias at this point, so I'd like other people's opinion on this. We still don't know if she was forced to vote Quin, or who forced her, but I have this nagging feeling that Drumbeats set up SVS to get lynched by jumping right on her after the Quin lynch as confirmed bad.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

fingersplints wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Perhaps splintsy would be more of a voice if there was some resolution to her Day 0 suspicion?
What suspicion was that? I'll be honest and say I still haven't read the thread from before I subbed in XD
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Sorsha wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Since it seems weird with all the attention, maybe she wasn't the intended target? :shrug:
Dom wrote:Oscar – Oscar is definitely not into the (state) senator. Oscar is pretty attentive to detail as an accountant and can change who someone targets each night.
Gro-oo-ovy
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Serge wrote:Epignosis didn't vote for Gabe. I rest my case.
Thanks for holding your vote, Serge. :suspish:

Quick question: do we think the Day ender role is a one-stock role? I think at this point it is. But one can never be too sure..

bea wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote: There's enough information out there that honing in on low posters will do absolutely nothing for us. Just more gamble lynches that will likely end badly and make us lose. Name your top three suspects who are not low posters.
Well that's hardly fair. There's only a handful of us. I'm back and forth between you/SVS. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to an SVS lynch.
Then Epi and Matt.

But how do you define a low-poster? Everyone living is a lower poster than you. timmer has 30 posts, though I'd still consider him a low poster to an extent.
I think it's plenty fair, there are a ton of players in this game and a decent amount of middle-to-high posters. Three isn't a hard number to name. I agree that Epi is suspicious as well. A lot of posts with very little actual discussion imo.

I'd define it right now as the group of people who are straight up barely here. Sorsha, Spacedaisy, Enrique at least. LoRab, timmer, and bea are borderline imo. Maybe juliets too, but thats a recent sub. How do you define it, and which among them are your top suspects?
if i cant remember the last time they posted or the content they included, that's generally going to be a low poster for me. In the context of this game, it's not as big or heavy-handed as others, so there's going to be a more lax definition. TH has been pretty active since coming in, which is nice, but I'd probably use 30 posts or so as a good line right now. You mentioned timmer, who has 30 posts. That makes timmer, splints, bea, LoRab, Enrique, DFaraday, SpaceDaisy, espers, Sorsha, and juliets as potential low posters. Which is over half of our current population. So im a little limited there, hombre.
Where in my posts have I not given meat?

If you are looking at low posters look at the people giving their opinions as best they can - vs a solid I know peeps expect me to post a few times maybe.

in that list - who seems to be trying to help you? who doesn't seem to care?
I think you've done a great job to pad your posts with content. I'm not suspicious of you right now, but I don't like going around giving civ passes to people that easily, mostly because that paints targets. I prefer to draw my targets by coloring outside the lines like a 4 year old Picasso.

Timmer is my current look as a potential baddie.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote:I'm not sure why people are trying to figure out Epi's alignment based on SVS' remarks. It seems she only said he was bad once during the Eternal Night, and with very little reasoning given. I don't see that as cause for a frame-up or a kill to protect Epi.
Are you in the camp that SVS was bad, or good?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

fingersplints wrote:Do you understand where Bea is going? Why am I required to see SVS exactly as she does?
I was thinking bea was concerned that you didn't give your take on SVS one way or the other, but looking back you did talk about it a little bit, and it seems you leaned toward believing SVS. Would you say that's accurate?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Hey @Matt! What do you make of SVS dying? Would you join Drumbeats, myself and others in lynching you today? :grin:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote:Hey @Matt! What do you make of SVS dying? Would you join Drumbeats, myself and others in lynching you today? :grin:
I was just about to ask where your Matt suspicion went. You just paying lip service to it? :dark:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

timmer:

Most of timmer's posts are in Day 1. He goes back and forth on Quin and INH. He is ultimately satisfied with Quin's answers and votes for INH. There's only a few posts of worth after day 1:
timmer wrote:Sorry guys, busy busy the last few days...

So, sorry what is the case on lee tic? I missed that, I think.

I'm not feeling an epig lynch, I don't think the posts made by SVS add up to anything substantial.

I'm not as solidly turned around on INH as some of you, and I don't get civvie vibes from BWT, either. That said, INH's post DID at least show a viable set of reasons for why he said the things he said. I concede that there could be truth there.

I will try to find some cases/suspicions to build on the work you guys have done, but today's not the best day for it, I may end up having to judge which case of others I feel best about, today.
He acknowledges the leetic vote, but says he doesn't understand it.
He doesn't understand Epi's suspicion.
He doesn't get a civvie "vibe" from bwt but INH could be turning it around.
timmer wrote:Thank JJJ, I won't be voting for lee tic if that is what it is based on.

BWT I could get behind. There still isn't much going on in this game, but I'd still lean bad on both INH and BWT if I had to guess.
He doesn't find leetic suspicious for being suspicious, so shifts his suspicions back on INH and bwt. He places his vote on Bwt.
timmer wrote:Lec tic self voted?
Towards the end of day, he acknowledges that leetic self voted, but that's it. This post is like noticing a meteor careening towards Earth and timmer just looks up at it and goes, "I think I left the bathroom light on at home"

Nothing timmer has said gives me confidence in his civviness thus far

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:Hey @Matt! What do you make of SVS dying? Would you join Drumbeats, myself and others in lynching you today? :grin:
I was just about to ask where your Matt suspicion went. You just paying lip service to it? :dark:
Oh don't worry, it's still there. Like herpes.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote:
Matt wrote:
Scotty wrote:Hey Matt, question for you: you still suspect FS and I for our "defending" of SVS on Day 0. Does that mean you suspect SVS? You never answered this when I asked you like Night 1.
And do you have any other suspicions besides us?
I'm not really sure who I suspect. I've been pretty busy this week.

I'm starting to like you a bit more, but I wonder if that's only because I know you're genuinely frustrated with being linked to me as a baddie partner. Tho that part is genuine, you could still be bad.
:beer:

So here's the thing Matt. I've been flitting about my suspicion of you for not developing any other noticeable reads besides our little doe-see-doe Day 0. I don't know if that's your normal meta Matt, tunneling on one or two people until they get lynched. Hell, that's been my general quid pro quo in a lot of games, but I got away from "tunneling scotty" because it drove me into insanity (lol sorry @Quin from the Sock Mafia).

I still think you could be bad for your tunneling, because the only Bad Matt I remember was from LOST Again where you went after our scumbuddy Bullz, but here I know I'm civ, so this is a stretch to link that behavior to this game.
But I'm keeping both eyes open in case we're literally 2 civs driving each other into a Romeo and Juliet ending. And that's hardly my favorite ending to a Shakespeare play.

Tomorrow, should I still be alive, I would suggest we both look at other people. I'm a little weirded out by leetic's self vote and I figure I'm not doing enough to look at the low posters hiding in the shade.
This is a pair of scumbuddies if I ever saw one. :faint:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Matt wrote:
Scotty wrote:Hey Matt, question for you: you still suspect FS and I for our "defending" of SVS on Day 0. Does that mean you suspect SVS? You never answered this when I asked you like Night 1.
And do you have any other suspicions besides us?
I'm not really sure who I suspect. I've been pretty busy this week.

I'm starting to like you a bit more, but I wonder if that's only because I know you're genuinely frustrated with being linked to me as a baddie partner. Tho that part is genuine, you could still be bad.
:beer:

So here's the thing Matt. I've been flitting about my suspicion of you for not developing any other noticeable reads besides our little doe-see-doe Day 0. I don't know if that's your normal meta Matt, tunneling on one or two people until they get lynched. Hell, that's been my general quid pro quo in a lot of games, but I got away from "tunneling scotty" because it drove me into insanity (lol sorry @Quin from the Sock Mafia).

I still think you could be bad for your tunneling, because the only Bad Matt I remember was from LOST Again where you went after our scumbuddy Bullz, but here I know I'm civ, so this is a stretch to link that behavior to this game.
But I'm keeping both eyes open in case we're literally 2 civs driving each other into a Romeo and Juliet ending. And that's hardly my favorite ending to a Shakespeare play.

Tomorrow, should I still be alive, I would suggest we both look at other people. I'm a little weirded out by leetic's self vote and I figure I'm not doing enough to look at the low posters hiding in the shade.
This is a pair of scumbuddies if I ever saw one. :faint:
:sigh:

On the bright side, I'm glad to see you're starting to read through the thread before you came in. Remind me/ did you replace Zeus or sig?

@DOM can you add Juliets and TH to the front page with their replacees/post histories when you get a chance pls?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I replaced sig.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:
Convenient, isn't it?
Turnip Head wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Do you understand where Bea is going? Why am I required to see SVS exactly as she does?
I was thinking bea was concerned that you didn't give your take on SVS one way or the other, but looking back you did talk about it a little bit, and it seems you leaned toward believing SVS. Would you say that's accurate?
Maybe? Do you think she is trying to stir up suspicion of me or genuine?
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty, if you really truly suspect Matt I think you should put your money where your mouth is, put your low poster crusade on pause and vote for him. Let's see what kind of support it generates.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

fingersplints wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Maybe? Do you think she is trying to stir up suspicion of me or genuine?
atm I think her motives are genuine.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:Scotty, if you really truly suspect Matt I think you should put your money where your mouth is, put your low poster crusade on pause and vote for him. Let's see what kind of support it generates.
Fine.

vote Matt

Have you read what I wrote about Drumbeats and motivations of baddies to gun for someone only to have them find their demise?

DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Sorsha wrote:Whats the case on Matt? Can someone point to it for me?

If you look at my ISO you'll find most of it. I'm on mobile right now and don't want to go back and quote it all, but it's an easy find.

Basically: Matt/Scotty look like scumbuddies. Matt has done a lot to try to discredit arguments against him without answering them. Matt came in in the middle of the double night controversy to simply ask what the day number will be on the second night. We know currently of three roles that are affected by day number 1 civ, and 2 mafia.

My ISO goes a lot more in depth.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

fingersplints wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Convenient, isn't it?
Isn't what convenient?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Scotty, if you really truly suspect Matt I think you should put your money where your mouth is, put your low poster crusade on pause and vote for him. Let's see what kind of support it generates.
Fine.

vote Matt

Have you read what I wrote about Drumbeats and motivations of baddies to gun for someone only to have them find their demise?
Out of all the SVS haters, DrumBeats felt the most genuine to me. If SVS was indeed the mafia's intended target, I think it was because they realized an SVS lynch would be more problematic for them than they originally thought. They would have been forced to give an opinion one way or the other, and after the flip they'd have to own up to those opinions. DrumBeats was already on the record, he didn't have much to gain from SVS being night killed as opposed to following through with his suspicion.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:I'm curious as to whether heavily suspecting a player before they are night killed is a civ look or a bad look. In SVS' case, Drumbeats drove that tunnel home. (JJJ did to an extent as well. In JJJ's case he claimed indie, which I'm choosing to believe)

But i think it's a smart move to be an antagonist of someone right up until the edge of the night so that when that player is killed you can throw up your arms and go "woah! I'm sorry guys, I was totally wrong!" It gives you more options to lynch the next day. Plus, those people that were defending her civiness look worse.

What I can't understand (and I thought about it last night) is why on satan's red earth as a baddie you would kill a prime lynch candidate. My BIGGEST suspicion of Drumbeats was predicated on the assumption that SVS was civ, and now we can't know for sure. But I strongly think she was civ.

It might be confirmation bias at this point, so I'd like other people's opinion on this. We still don't know if she was forced to vote Quin, or who forced her, but I have this nagging feeling that Drumbeats set up SVS to get lynched by jumping right on her after the Quin lynch as confirmed bad.
Or maybe you're setting me up for a mislynch by killing SVS so you can claim she's a civ? I tunneled SVS because I was, and still am, relatively sure she was mafia. I've detailed my reasoning on this about a thousand times, so if you find any of it disengenuine feel free to point it out. From what I've heard, the reasoning for killing ScumVS is actually more sound than a civilian SVS, but I do agree that both are possible right now.

This is the second time that you have based a suspicion on me on an unknown alignment of a nightkill. I'm starting to think that you have more information than you are letting on about their alignments :ponder:
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

DrumBeats wrote:
Noted about timmer. The one I suspect most is Lorab. One mechanics-based suspicion on Quin, who happened to be the person who the mafia benefitted from lynching. I also don't like Lorab's thoughts on SVS because they seem forced regardless of how SVS flips. Acknowledges how SVS is capable of a gambit like this, but then says probably not because SVS announced the vote rather than silently voting (which would be a terrible move for ScumVS).
Sorry you don't like how I play. I can't really do anything about that. I get caught up in mechanics that I think are important--more importantly, when I think another player seems to be bad based on those mechanics, I go after them. As for SVS, I was (probably poorly) expressing why I didn't think she was bad--and I still don't. I know how she plays--I've been playing with her for a long time. The way things played out, specifically how she played them, doesn't feel to me how she'd play out that scenario--at all.

That I disagree with you does not mean that I'm bad. Simply that I think about games differently than you do.
Sorsha wrote: I'll read their posts and let you know where I am with those three, I'm leaning bad on LoRab so far though. The whole "not having time to give reads but having time to argue about the LD" is my basis.
I've barely had time to play. When I did have time, that happened to be the topic that struck me. I often find one thing to latch onto and stubbornly argue about that one piece. And I did form suspicions based on that--Quin (whom I was wrong about) and Drumbeats, who I'm still unsure about and is still pinging my suspiciometer. The way you are describing my play, as someone who has played many games with me, and knows how i play, seems disingenuous, tbh.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Matt »

Caught up. Goin' to work soon but if you have any questions for me let me know and I'll get back to you tonight.

RIP SVS.

Lol @ Drumbeats

:meany: @ Scumbuddy Scotty
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”