juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: [Night Four] The Office Mafia

Post by juliets »

Ok thanks splints! I'll vote yes.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by indiglo »

Voted YES, and am working on catching up.

RIP Matt. :rip:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Well that didn't take very long. :haha:

Scotty, sorry my self-vote didn't make you happy, but with where I was (both physically and mentally) it was the best I could do. In fact, as I offered, I would have been just as happy to skip and give my vote to Meredith the following day, but then I thought once I'm back home and rested, I'll likely come up with my own suspect, so decided to keep my vote for the next day.

I will say that now I better understand meta arguments as being total crap. More than I've ever understood that before. I'm still not feeling great, but I just ate a bunch of food and slept pretty much all day, so my brain is actually starting to wake up. :workit: So let me see what I got.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Serge
The Mark
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Serge »

I hope the question is "should we reveal all the remaining roles". That would be awesome.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I forgot to mention I'm going back home tomorrow and letting my husband return to assist my brother in law. I'm really not much help. So I'll be out of the thread tomorrow.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Voted no for the tie, just because I'm in that kind of mood. Also, what if the question is, "should we reveal no more roles this entire game." Seems just as likely as all the roles, tbh.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

@ splintsy - do you still suspect Scotty now that Matt came back civ?

@ TurnipHead - do you still plan on looking at / voting espers next day?

XOXO Epi Girl
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

LoRab wrote:Voted no for the tie, just because I'm in that kind of mood. Also, what if the question is, "should we reveal no more roles this entire game." Seems just as likely as all the roles, tbh.
Yeah, should we reveal no more roles doesn't roll off the tongue like should we reveal the remaining roles :P
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

This is going to look bad for either sides if it's indeed about the role reveals.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Serge wrote:
LoRab wrote:Voted no for the tie, just because I'm in that kind of mood. Also, what if the question is, "should we reveal no more roles this entire game." Seems just as likely as all the roles, tbh.
Yeah, should we reveal no more roles doesn't roll off the tongue like should we reveal the remaining roles :P
Exactly. If the question is: Should we reveal no more roles, I think the answer is no. Given we don't know the question, I felt a tie was a good choice.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 87

Re: The Office [POLLS]

Post by Dom »

REMINDER THAT NIGHT ENDS IN 23 HOURS FROM LYNCH POST

Poll runs till Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:11 am
You may select 1 option

Yes
DrumBeats (3), Serge (4), Enrique (10), insertnamehere (13), juliets (14), indiglo (15) 38%
No
timmer (5), DFaraday (8), Scotty (9), Epignosis (11), fingersplints (12), LoRab (16) 38%
Maybe (Dom)
Dom (1), Quin (2), Dex (6), S~V~S (7) 25%
Total votes : 16
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

Wouldn't the result be randomized in case of a tie? I think one side should win. We don't know if scum knows these questions, and if they do then the votes could reflect alignment.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 87

Post by Dom »

MICHAEL!

Indiglo has been killed. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

Michael has been killed? What? Also Dom, the poll says it should run for at least 50 minutes more, so I'm confuzzled.
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

indiglotkilled
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

I think the "no" voters consist of the scum team.
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

I'll be voting for Epignosis.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Re: [Day Five] The Office Mafia

Post by indiglo »

RIP me! :rip:

Good luck gang!!

XOXO Epi Girl
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Enrique »

Serge did you have info for last night's poll?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

No info.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60

Post by fingersplints »

:rip: indiglo ;( to answer your question anyways, I am not sure on Scotty. He moves down from number 2 on my suspicion list, because most of the suspicion was based off being Matts teammate, but it doesn't mean he is definitely good now. I'm still not getting the best vibes from him, but I need to look at some other people first.
Serge wrote:I think the "no" voters consist of the scum team.
Why? Revealing roles would benefit baddies too. They want to see what the civvies are working with. Plus it seems pretty stupid for an entire team to vote the same way on a extremely vague night poll in my opinion. I don't see it, and this honestly makes me feel worse about you.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Serge wrote:Michael has been killed? What? Also Dom, the poll says it should run for at least 50 minutes more, so I'm confuzzled.
I'm not sure what it's like where you normally play (if elsewhere) so usually here roles are revealed with lynches, not nightkills. So stuff in the night post is just for storytelling purposes only. She might be Michael, but it's probably Dom just liked the clip. I also thought I remembered seeing something about the night ending at 23 hours. That's honestly how I usually host games. I give the players 23 hours, and I get that last hour to prepare the post and everything. I don't know what happened here but could be something like that. It could also be Dom just had in all the night actions early, and wanted to post. :) hope that helps
Gro-oo-ovy
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

fingersplints wrote:
Why? Revealing roles would benefit baddies too. They want to see what the civvies are working with. Plus it seems pretty stupid for an entire team to vote the same way on a extremely vague night poll in my opinion. I don't see it, and this honestly makes me feel worse about you.
If you look at the role list a ton of civ roles have been revealed. I'd rather we know what's happening than not. Why even vote folders and people in the previous night polls, then? I suspect Epignosis and I suspect Timmer to a lesser extent(lone post about Angela seems to be distancing from the civ lynch). Also, since we didn't know what the poll was for, they could vote with impunity.

@Dom did the night poll end with nothing happening because it's a draw or did you randomize the winning choice?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Serge wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
If you look at the role list a ton of civ roles have been revealed. I'd rather we know what's happening than not. Why even vote folders and people in the previous night polls, then? I suspect Epignosis and I suspect Timmer to a lesser extent(lone post about Angela seems to be distancing from the civ lynch). Also, since we didn't know what the poll was for, they could vote with impunity.

@Dom did the night poll end with nothing happening because it's a draw or did you randomize the winning choice?
If you look at the role list a ton of baddie roles have been revealed... The point still stands the baddies would want to know the civvie roles too. I think you are pushing this way too much considering you claim to not have had info. Why are you assuming others did then?

This combined with you it seems like not realising until night 4 that a nightkill doesn't reveal a role. (The reason this bothers me is that it feels like "playing up" being new, so it looks like you don't have btsc)

I'm voting you for now while I look at a few others.
Gro-oo-ovy
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

I'm definitely not acting new. Weak sauce.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 186

Post by Epignosis »

Serge wrote:Weak sauce.
Says the guy who thinks he can nail mafia by night polls.

I'm voting either you or Sorsha today.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

RIP indiglo.

Serge, I know you've mentioned Epi once or twice, but looking at your post history, 90% of your posts are about game mechanics and roles. This is my warning to you that when I see that sort of ratio, I assume the player is less willing to talk about players and suspicions. So... if you're a civ, you should stop doing that :P

I need to review my opinion on Scotty in light of Matt's flip and I want to look at Sorsha and Epignosis. On first read through it did seem like Sorsha was being inconsistent re: her thoughts on me and how they related to SVS, and then she stuck to that inconsistency when Epi called her on it, as if unwilling to say her thought process was wrong... but I also got the feeling that Epi was harping on that inconsistency a little too much, so I need to wrap my head around that whole situation.
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

Epignosis wrote:

I'm more offended to be called acting. I have never feigned ignorance.

Vote me. You know you want to.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm also starting to grow worried about our under the radar players. DF, Enrique, INH, Daisy, timmer... these are all people I don't lean one way or the other on, and haven't looked closely at. Everyone is on the table as a suspect right now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:RIP indiglo.

Serge, I know you've mentioned Epi once or twice, but looking at your post history, 90% of your posts are about game mechanics and roles. This is my warning to you that when I see that sort of ratio, I assume the player is less willing to talk about players and suspicions. So... if you're a civ, you should stop doing that :P

I need to review my opinion on Scotty in light of Matt's flip and I want to look at Sorsha and Epignosis. On first read through it did seem like Sorsha was being inconsistent re: her thoughts on me and how they related to SVS, and then she stuck to that inconsistency when Epi called her on it, as if unwilling to say her thought process was wrong... but I also got the feeling that Epi was harping on that inconsistency a little too much, so I need to wrap my head around that whole situation.
When three posts = harping on.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm also starting to grow worried about our under the radar players. DF, Enrique, INH, Daisy, timmer... these are all people I don't lean one way or the other on, and haven't looked closely at. Everyone is on the table as a suspect right now.
Turnip Head wrote:Scotty, if you really truly suspect Matt I think you should put your money where your mouth is, put your low poster crusade on pause and vote for him. Let's see what kind of support it generates.
Mmm hmm. :suspish:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm also starting to grow worried about our under the radar players. DF, Enrique, INH, Daisy, timmer... these are all people I don't lean one way or the other on, and haven't looked closely at. Everyone is on the table as a suspect right now.
Turnip Head wrote:Scotty, if you really truly suspect Matt I think you should put your money where your mouth is, put your low poster crusade on pause and vote for him. Let's see what kind of support it generates.
I don't get it.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Serge wrote:I'm definitely not acting new. Weak sauce.
I don't think it's weak. I think it's possible. I've seen players win games by acting more confused than they actuall are. I personally have won games by acting more confused than I actually am. It allows players to lay low. I don't know for sure that is what you are doing... which is why I also answered your questions to help... But it does make me concerned. I'm not giving anyone a pass, and I need the revisit everyone.

There have been several weird kills that I'm still trying to make sense of. I know if I were bad, indiglo and SVS wouldn't have been top choices of mine given they had attention on them. It makes me wonder if it's they were on to something, a setup of someone, someone who knows them well (I'm looking at you sweet Bea :p ), or something else like target changing.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Serge wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I'm more offended to be called acting. I have never feigned ignorance.

Vote me. You know you want to.
Why is this offensive? Someone is acting. That's the game.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Most of them are usually under the radar players though. Not saying that makes them good, just not out of character. I think out of this list the most concerning to me are inh and timmer, who I remember being slightly more vocal usually.
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I don't get it.
Just harping on your inconsistency.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well it's not really an inconsistency, I was trying to bully Scotty into voting for his baddie bro. It... almost worked.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

In case no one noticed, Darryl and Gabe have been revealed.
Serge wrote:The question is probably "should we open more folders?"

So I'm not sure why people are voting no. Vote yes.
A bit presumptuous, aren't we?
Serge wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

Why are you acting like there was a definitive in the night poll? The question could have been "Are you bad?" Hell, it could have been "Are you a supporter of genocide?"

My point is: jumping on someone for an ambiguous night poll is just clutter, and not an informative way to call someone out.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

indiglo wrote:RIP me! :rip:

Good luck gang!!
Rip Indi!
Epignosis wrote:

Why limit yourself to just them? Am I still on your list?
Oh, so now it's fine to look at low posters? Why are they on the table now as opposed to before?
Epignosis wrote:
THANK YOU EPI
Turnip Head wrote:Well it's not really an inconsistency, I was trying to bully Scotty into voting for his baddie bro. It... almost worked.
You know, I knew you were bullying me, but I had been dancing around him for the whole game so I can't blame you for that. But to essentially threaten to silence my "crusade" for looking at low posters just to approve of it now is a bit hypocritical, dontcha think?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't think it's hypocritical at all. I was trying to get my top suspect lynched and he flipped civ. I told you to put the low poster thing on pause because I thought you were redirecting from Matt. That has been shown to be false. What's the problem :shrug2:
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Is Serge bad?

*shakes magic 8ball*

Something feels off, but his moves come off really aggressive for a baddie don't they? The poll was I'd say pretty intentionally ambiguous, so how can you base your whole game on who voted what option? Well, here's a possibility: he has info, just... not from the poll.

Serge do you wanna elaborate on why you chose Epignosis?
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Re: [Day Four] The Office Mafia

Post by Scotty »

this guy:
timmer wrote:Read through Matt's posts, not seeing the baddieness. Anyone care to elaborate on the case?
Soft defending of Matt.
timmer wrote:For the moment I'm voting LoRab. I don't really have a lot to go on, and I've been pretty absent, but reading through her posts, when someone spends that many posts on mechanics but then fails to really talk about suspicions except in a surface way, I get twitchy.
An out of nowhere suspicion and vote for LoRab. I can't remember him ever talking about LoRab before this. Why pick out her, of all people? And if it's a semantics thing about superfluous mechanics, look no further than Serge!

"Fails to really talk about suspicions except in a surface way"
Timmer, I can't remember who you have suspected all game.
timmer wrote:Interesting point about INH in your linked post. I had cast an eye on INH early on, and I notice he's recently listed me as someone who he doesn't get civ vibes from. When someone suspects the people who suspect them, does that tend to indicate alignment? I'm not sure.
I had to look back to see who timmer was even referencing, and I dont even know.
Anyway, he is swayed by this post on INH, but also throws in that INH has suspected him, and asks [the thread?] if that is alignment indicative. Timmer, this isn't your first rodeo. Suspecting someone for suspecting you is called a NO U, and civs and Mafia use it alike.
I suspect you too, why not vote me?
timmer wrote:That's enough for me to vote INH. He's sitting on other people's work and targeting the people who eyed him. Moving my vote over.
Wait wait wait. You vote INH because he is sitting on other people's work and targeting people who eyed him?

:faint:

This describes you, my man.

You don't understand Matt's suspicion, you vote LoRab because you don't have a lot to go on, and she's asking mostly mechanics questions, and then you see INH has suspected you so you find it suspicious. So you essentially make a useless NO-U vote at the end of day on INH which gives him 2 votes.

Vote timmer.

Guys, timmer is playing a hypocritical game and he is bad.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't think it's hypocritical at all. I was trying to get my top suspect lynched and he flipped civ. I told you to put the low poster thing on pause because I thought you were redirecting from Matt. That has been shown to be false. What's the problem :shrug2:
Do me a favor and help me get my new top suspect lynched and we'll [almost] call it even. :grin:

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't think it's hypocritical at all. I was trying to get my top suspect lynched and he flipped civ. I told you to put the low poster thing on pause because I thought you were redirecting from Matt. That has been shown to be false. What's the problem :shrug2:
I don't get it either. Matt was your suspect, and supposedly Scotty's too, of course you'd prioritize him over any low poster. I didn't read your second post as saying "oh ya imma kill me some low posters!", but rather, it frustrates you to have little to work with... and that's perfectly normal. I don't like being put in that category, but come on, no one likes low posters. There's nothing hypocritical about telling Scotty to focus on what's in front of him instead of deflecting with non-existent players.

He joked about it, and while I do still find Sorsha sus, this is Epignosis harping on an inconsistency. He doesn't have to be bad, but do watch out for this sort of nitpicky manipulative behavior. It's not a great look.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote:
Do me a favor and help me get my new top suspect lynched and we'll [almost] call it even. :grin:
Timmer, answer this man! :feb:
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

what
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:
I don't get it either. Matt was your suspect, and supposedly Scotty's too, of course you'd prioritize him over any low poster. I didn't read your second post as saying "oh ya imma kill me some low posters!", but rather, it frustrates you to have little to work with... and that's perfectly normal. I don't like being put in that category, but come on, no one likes low posters. There's nothing hypocritical about telling Scotty to focus on what's in front of him instead of deflecting with non-existent players.

He joked about it, and while I do still find Sorsha sus, this is Epignosis harping on an inconsistency. He doesn't have to be bad, but do watch out for this sort of nitpicky manipulative behavior. It's not a great look.
You are way too reasonable this game. It's freaking me out :scared:

Return to “Previous Jobs”