Psych Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

[THIS IS LYLO -- VOTES ARE NOT CHANGEABLE!!!] Who will you feed to Billy's pet panther?

BigDamnHero
No votes
birdwithteeth11
23%
Elohcin
No votes
Clizby!!! (hosts, deadies, non-players)
77%

Total votes: 13
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114

Re: Psych Mafia [Day 4]

Post by insertnamehere »

sig wrote:Q1:Why do you think I'm that?

Q2:If I was Ying/Yang why would I be so obvious about getting lynched? That doesn't sound like a smart plan. More so I wonder why INH wants to lynhc me if he thinks I can't be lynched?
A1: If you'd allow me the self-indulgence of quoting myself...
insertnamehere wrote:None of his posts have been inspiring in the least bit as far as my opinion of his alignment. His constant NO U's, his constant overhyping of himself, (e.g. "If you wanna lynch me go ahead." "If the baddies wanna kill me, I'd like to see them try") and his posts about Yin/Yang, (i.e. saying that they're not baddies and casting shade on anyone who talks about them too much) seem less like Shawn and more like somebody else.

Maybe a serial killer someone else.
I'd also point to Quin's excellent and thoroughly thorough ISO of you.

A2: Think of it this way, if I was a baddie, whether a Yin/Yang or a Crooked Cop, and I had some form of one-time lynch protection, wouldn't the best way to use it be getting lynched early on, and then bluffing your ass off by pretending to be Yang. If you pulled it off correctly, you'd be completely immune from lynches the entire time because nobody would want to chance lynching you again. This would work even better if you were a Crooked Cop because you could then post stuff like this:
sig wrote:Well I'm not surprised I believe the mafia attempted to kill me last night and they failed. :keys:
sig wrote:If the mafia tries to kill me tonight.... never mind mafia. :haha:
With just one lynch stop, and a shitton of chutzpah, you could essentially be invulnerable for most of the game.

There are a massive amount of items out there, I think it'd be crazy if there wasn't one lynch stop. Think of it this way, the Crooked Cops have a 3/19 chance of getting that one lynch stop, which are much better odds than 1/19.

So, to summarize, I think Sig is a Crooked Cop with a One-Time Lynch Stop who wants to bluff his way to the top. I'm very proud of myself for writing that sentence.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Epignosis »

What made Day 2 different than Days 1 and 3? That's the million dollar question.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Even if the obvious is true, and sig is Yang, our only option to get rid of him is to cross our hearts and hope that the kind, wise Crooked Cops decide to NK him for us.

Does that seem right to you?

I'd rather take a risk and go after him now than wait around for that to possibly happen.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm calling seven missing votes.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:I'm calling seven missing votes.

Epi, I have a nice lynch train here, what do I have to do to make you a part of it?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You're a guy with one vote on a guy I think is good and you think may be unlynchable.

That's a tough sell.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:You're a guy with one vote on a guy I think is good and you think may be unlynchable.

That's a tough sell.
What if I threw in a free steak dinner at a restaurant of your choice*provided you choose from Chili's or Appleby's?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:You're a guy with one vote on a guy I think is good and you think may be unlynchable.

That's a tough sell.
Sold!

Vote sig

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Elohcin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:This game would be a better place 4 us if everyone who was alive posted each and every day.
Why? And why the numbers, man?
Oh crap, thanks for the reminder, I forgot the last one.

I think it would be beneficial if everyone posted each day. If a couple people didn't post, what do we do with them? What do we get from them?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by timmer »

insertnamehere wrote:
sig wrote:Q1:Why do you think I'm that?

Q2:If I was Ying/Yang why would I be so obvious about getting lynched? That doesn't sound like a smart plan. More so I wonder why INH wants to lynhc me if he thinks I can't be lynched?
A1: If you'd allow me the self-indulgence of quoting myself...
insertnamehere wrote:None of his posts have been inspiring in the least bit as far as my opinion of his alignment. His constant NO U's, his constant overhyping of himself, (e.g. "If you wanna lynch me go ahead." "If the baddies wanna kill me, I'd like to see them try") and his posts about Yin/Yang, (i.e. saying that they're not baddies and casting shade on anyone who talks about them too much) seem less like Shawn and more like somebody else.

Maybe a serial killer someone else.
I'd also point to Quin's excellent and thoroughly thorough ISO of you.

A2: Think of it this way, if I was a baddie, whether a Yin/Yang or a Crooked Cop, and I had some form of one-time lynch protection, wouldn't the best way to use it be getting lynched early on, and then bluffing your ass off by pretending to be Yang. If you pulled it off correctly, you'd be completely immune from lynches the entire time because nobody would want to chance lynching you again. This would work even better if you were a Crooked Cop because you could then post stuff like this:
sig wrote:Well I'm not surprised I believe the mafia attempted to kill me last night and they failed. :keys:
sig wrote:If the mafia tries to kill me tonight.... never mind mafia. :haha:
With just one lynch stop, and a shitton of chutzpah, you could essentially be invulnerable for most of the game.

There are a massive amount of items out there, I think it'd be crazy if there wasn't one lynch stop. Think of it this way, the Crooked Cops have a 3/19 chance of getting that one lynch stop, which are much better odds than 1/19.

So, to summarize, I think Sig is a Crooked Cop with a One-Time Lynch Stop who wants to bluff his way to the top. I'm very proud of myself for writing that sentence.
On my phone, so forgive, but lynch manipulation plus chutzpah = how I survived for so long as Zodac. Get people to lynch you when you are safe from lynching and convince not to when you aren't. Sig's comments are good to quote.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

insertnamehere wrote:this is beginning to sound like Epi has some sort of program that he can run people's post history through which tells him who the scum is.

:p
Omg lol in I loved that!
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

sig wrote:Why do you think I'm that?

If I was Ying/Yang why would I be so obvious about getting lynched? That doesn't sound like a smart plan. More so I wonder why INH wants to lynhc me if he thinks I can't be lynched?

Also I'm all caught up let me reread some stuff. I think I agree with Russ who said each mafia member can kill one night and 1/3 failed to do what was needed/weren't active.

I do question this a bit though since I find mafia members to be in general more active.

So I'm not sure how I feel about pushing on inactive people. It is something I usually do as mafia and it is a common strategy to redirect attention on people who can't defend themselves, but right now I have no real suspicions.
Hate this post. First. .. why would I ------- anything always pings me. We all know that sometimes the smartest thing is to do the opposite of what we normally do.

And the layer part suggests that the mafia had low payers in it, if Sig is bad.
My siggie.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by DFaraday »

Sig could also be Shawn, so I'm really not liking that INH and MM are so blithe about voting him. The most likely options to a Sig lynch I see are A) He's Yang and nothing happens again, or B) He's Shawn and we just lost a major civvie.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Quin »

To these wondering about the coloured numbers at the end of my posts, I'm budgeting my posts over the course of the day, and I'm gonna be kind of cryptic over why so I don't accidentally infodump or something. This is likely going to continue for every day phase, so I'm trying my best to go quality over quantity in my posts to compensate. That includes the ISO's I promised on Wilgy and BDH I think.

I only see two possibilities as to sig's role, either he is Shawn or Yang. In either case, lynching him right now is relatively pointless as the only outcomes are 1) We waste a lynch and realistically aren't any closer to determining which of the roles he is or 2) We lynch the only townie actually able to stop Ying/Yang from killing. Speaking directly to INH (and for some reason, MM) - lynching sig isn't the biggest priority. As I said before, I'd much rather explore the possibility that he's Yang and try to find his partner.

Anyway, I want to talk about Russ 2.0, because I don't know how I want to feel about him so I figure talking might help me through it.

Since he replaced back, these are the posts that ping me.
Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:One of the earliest reasons civilians get hosed is the ever-present assumption that someone was being saved.

Russ, explain to me why I would save Scotty Day 1 only to turn against him Day 2. Detail your theory as much as you can. What makes it "probable" that Scotty was saved?
If it looked like he was going down regardless, makes sense to hop on the bandwagon as unobtrusively as possible. And given how many votes he got, another vote save waspretty improbable. Add to that, that it was likely any teammates he had knew he would survive anyway, and why the hell not pile on and hide in the crowd?

As you say, you turned against Scotty D2. Are you still against him? Because this reads to me as a soft defense. Which would make perfect sense if in fact you are both bad and Scotty can now be lynched, if you think you have a chance of getting me first and delaying his death another day.

Scotty wrote:If sig is good, then Day 1 voting is basically a wash. If I am lynched and come back as town, how would that skew your "he was saved" idea?

I don't like the cut of your jib, Russ 2.0.
Of course you don't, lol. You're trying to live, and I'm trying to get you killed.

Not sure how to respond to your question....clearly if you were good, you weren't saved by baddie teammates. Duh. :shrug:

Regardless, we can't confirm or deny the theory without lynching you.

Linki: Yeah I don't understand that post either. Who are you referring to, Scotty?
Russtifinko wrote:Quin, I see you're on. Thoughts on moving your vote away from LoRab since it seems to not be gaining any traction today? And whether yes ro no, how do you feel about the top candidates of today?
My beef is thus: Russ's opinions in regards to how people should vote comes across as incredibly scummy to me. I disagree so wholeheartedly that it makes me question whether that's his genuine opinion or if it's something he's trying to push forward as a scum tactic. I don't think the best move for a baddie is to jump on a teammates bandwagon 'unobtrusively' nor do I think anyone should abandon their votes just because it doesn't have traction. At the point of the second post, it's not like my vote was way left field considering nobody aside from ?Scotty? had more than one vote. When I first replied to the post I was surprised it was something I even had to respond to. For this, I am suspicious.

But - his opinions seem to complement each other, and they're consistent. I could perceive this as a clash of opinion.

---

I also want to talk about Dom/Marmot (at this point I might be tunneling pretty hard on sig, but I think I'm right so I'm going to explore it as much as I can. If you're wondering 'why Dom?' - read my previous post.

Out of Dom's 20 posts, he talks to sig in 10 of them. 3 of them are OT discussions about Fallout, so let's go with 7. There's nobody he's talked to, or about more in his posts than sig. The most the marmot talks about him is in his rainbow list - which I'm fine with considering he hasn't talking about half the players.

As for what he has posted, there's barely any meat in there. However, that was half my argument against him in AoT and he was civ so I can't paint him as bad for that. Looking closer into what meat he has posted.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:DrWilgy, do you disagree with the bigdamnhero?
BigDamnHero wrote:So THIS has me :huh: :confused: :shrug:
Scotty wrote:
timmer wrote:So shouldn't we lynch Scotty, then? I still don't get why you list a group of players, some of whom may have been pulling a baddie save, but you don't concentrate on the guy who was allegedly saved. Why only lis Scotty as an "and Scotty" at the end. I've always questioned the logic of going after players for saving a baddie when you haven't proven the person who wad saved was indeed bad.

On my phone will post as I can
No, timmer. We should not do that thing you mentioned.

I would like to vote Dom, Epi or the Klingon today.

Voting for Sokoth now. Could change, who knows if I'll have time to get back on to make a case or change it. If Epi or Dom get votes, I'll see if I can jump on that too.
Scotty wrote:Oh? Wilgy already voted Dom.

Voting Dom
First Scotty lists 3 people he thinks should be voted for then in the next sentence says he voting for a 4th...

THEN...in the VERY NEXT POST...already changes his vote presumably because someone else voted for one of the names he first mentioned...

Now I may have been out of mafia for a while, and apparently changing votes is allowed/the norm...but even so, Scotty has just buried the needle on the suspish-o-meter
Prodding for information. Cool.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:We missed one part of the post, ????? survived a kill by Yin & Yang.

Sorry about that, it has been a chaotic evening for me.

We are going to end the Night at 11:00 PM EST tomorrow, please get your night actions to both myself and MP by 10 PM EST. I'm going to go get out any PMs I still need to.
It's awesome that we are surviving baddie kills. But we're doing a piss-poor job of finding said baddies. I am thinking they are inactive.

@ Host - If no one sent in a PM nightkill, would it say "????? survived a kill" or "no one was killed"?
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Well that was a piss-poor result. RIP Scotty! :(
Well look at you two, using the same words to describe the game and stuff.
A nice find. However, 'piss-poor' isn't something I could feasibly see appearing in a baddie BTSC chat that might influence the way they wrote their sentences. What would be the context for that? I saw Eloh's defence in a later post in the ISO and that makes sense to me.

Overall Dom raised a red flag, and the marmot a white. Is that how the saying goes? I dunno. But at the end of this I'm reluctant to vote for marmot for being Ying, because I'd GTH civ read him, but I'd still consider it if the votes swung that way based on how I felt about Dom.

---

My vote will go to either Russ or metalmarsh today. I haven't made a clear decision yet so I'll make a decision right before I go to bed in a few hours. I won't vocalise it.

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok guys, only five people have voted and it ends in an hour and a half! We are extending the day until 9 PM tonight to see if we can rope in some more voters and get the phase ends at a better time for me and my hellish retail schedule.

The poll will say it ends tomorrow morning because we don't have any way around that, but it will end at 9 PM tonight!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:Elohcin was the only one with a higher post count Day 2 than her other Days, but she only had seven posts. Others had way more posts other Days.

This means whatever the Crooked Cops have to accomplish, it isn't related to post count.

God that was a lot of work for nothing.
What's wrong with my theory? They each have to post only once on day 1, twice on day 2, three times on day 3, and so on.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

That's a tough sell.
Sold!

Vote sig
Can you explain your vote MM?

------------------------------------------------
So Quin and MM have a post limit apparently.
------------------------------------------------

I could have sworn the poll ended this evening, not this morning. But, I guess now it does :p
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Just FYI the poll should be fixed now. Please note that Day 4 ends TONIGHT at 9PM Eastern time. NOT tomorrow morning.

The poll didn't end this evening because we started Day 4 the morning after my birthday (August 4th), so technically the 48 hours should have ended really soon. But since we fucked with the times and need to get it back on a regular schedule anyway and most of you hadn't yet voted, we figured it makes sense to extend it now through this evening and be consistent with 48/24 going forward.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Thanks that gives me a bit more time to read back!
My siggie.
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 25

Post by SokothQultuq »

Going back and looking for commonalities among the masses the one name that keeps creeping up other than Scotty is Sig. Sig there is a whole lot of hate coming your way it seems from everyone and I'm curious why for the first several days aside from Scotty why Sig was the target. I'd like to hear more about this before the close of the day today.

Sig, why should I not vote to Lynch you?

Eloh - Why did you show such an interest in Sig Day 2, but turn and vote Scotty? I'm trying to understand the logic there?

InsertNameHere & MetalMarsh - Could you elaborate more deeply on why you feel Sig is the direction for this weeks Lynch? I just want to understand why you feel he's the best likely target?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

SokothQultuq wrote:
Eloh - Why did you show such an interest in Sig Day 2, but turn and vote Scotty? I'm trying to understand the logic there?
He had the most votes on Day 1 and was not lynched. I wasn't about to try again right away, especially when my vote wouldn't really count for anything. I don't think spreading votes catches baddies. And, I still was unsure about him. I showed an interest in him (as you say) b/c he was doing a LOT of talking but not a lot of making sense. I was unsure if this made him bad or not. However, I thought Scotty and Wilgy's behavior did seem bad for sure. And, like I said, I don't like to spread votes. Hence, my vote for Scotty.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epi, I know you're around today. Please tell me why my theory cannot work.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:Epi, I know you're around today. Please tell me why my theory cannot work.
Am I not recording? :meany:

You didn't articulate your theory until you asked me what was wrong with it. I don't agree with it for two reasons: First, having three distinct instances of "May only use the kill if (Secrets)" indicates three distinct criteria; otherwise, the role descriptions are redundant. Second, that's an easy criteria to pull off, and they've failed not once, but twice.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I already talked about my thoughts on the three different role descriptions. But whatever.

Then I've got nothing and I will vote with the masses.

I'm done trying today.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:I already talked about my thoughts on the three different role descriptions. But whatever.

I'm done trying today.
No reason to be defeatist just because I don't think you're correct. Unless you're bad, then you would know. :shifty:

I'll take a fresh look with possible mechanics in mind, but if that fails, I'm going to go about this old fashioned way.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Let's try this narrative on for size:

S~V~S has five posts. One of those was this:
S~V~S wrote:Hi guys, I knew this was going to happen but it happened sooner rather than later.

I will have internet only at work for the next 2 to 3 weeks, so no night or weekends. I have spotty 4G in my apartment, so I am not going to post on phone since it is infuriatingly unreliable.

Will do my best to get caught up today, and again, my apologies.
The only other thing in her posts was a dust up with sig. Then she got replaced.

In the sign-up thread, Soneji had said this:
Soneji wrote:If you need a replacement or anything I'm around.
And he came in, replacing S~V~S. He didn't post at all, and got replaced himself. Turnip Head came in, but he had to be replaced.
MovingPictures07 wrote:So there has been a host error, and unfortunately, Turnip Head has to replace out of the game. Thankfully we had an immediately willing replacement. He will be replaced by Russtifinko 2.0.

Thanks for helping out TH, and welcome back Russ!
And Russtifinko comes back in, and so far has stayed in.

That's an unusual number of replacements for a single role.

If the Crooked Cops have to accomplish something in order to kill, S~V~S, knowing her circumstances, might be inclined to bow out if she felt she couldn't do what needed to be done. Soneji came in and said, "Nope" for reasons we can only imagine. If Turnip Head (now Russ) is bad, here's what there is to work with Day 2:
Turnip Head wrote:What's up psychos? Why are we lynching Scotty?
Turnip Head wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:FYI we are also looking for 1-2 additional replacements. We'll keep you updated as developments occur.
Effective immediately, Turnip Head is replacing Soneji (S~V~S).
oh EFF THAT!!!! I'm changing my vote to TH....1 pt. winning m****rf****r.. stupid !&?@#!#%&! thinks he's so cool winning !&?@#!#%&! fantasy !&?@#!#%&! football.
We should be lynching BDH tbqh. He's already used to losing :nicenod:
Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:What's up psychos? Why are we lynching Scotty?
Hi TH.

I'm being lynched because I'm being lynched because I'm being lynched
Fucking Ouroboros... Jung warned us that this would happen...
Turnip Head wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:FYI we are also looking for 1-2 additional replacements. We'll keep you updated as developments occur.
Effective immediately, Turnip Head is replacing Soneji (S~V~S).
oh EFF THAT!!!! I'm changing my vote to TH....1 pt. winning m****rf****r.. stupid !&?@#!#%&! thinks he's so cool winning !&?@#!#%&! fantasy !&?@#!#%&! football.
We should be lynching BDH tbqh. He's already used to losing :nicenod:
Believe me, I haven't forgotten...

...so much so that it has me shaking in my virtual boots!

Mark my words, I will be keeping a VERY keen eye on you...

...and should you slip up and reveal you are a baddie, I'm gonna pounce!

And that's it.

So I'm of two minds about this. S~V~S was unable to perform, Soneji was initially willing and then apparently unwilling to perform, Turnip Head posted four times Day 2 (one was an animated gif, but if that's all there is to it, then there's no reason for missing any Night kills), and then he had to be taken out due to an error.

For those knowledgeable about the program, is there anything in Turnip Head's posts that would trigger the ability to kill?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I already talked about my thoughts on the three different role descriptions. But whatever.

I'm done trying today.
No reason to be defeatist just because I don't think you're correct. Unless you're bad, then you would know. :shifty:

I'll take a fresh look with possible mechanics in mind, but if that fails, I'm going to go about this old fashioned way.
I'm just frustrated with getting nowhere. I mean, look around, where is everyone? Do you think maybe the baddies have met their goal/post count and now they have to be quiet? I think looking at the number of posts today might be a good idea especially since today was supposed to be over already. The baddies probably met their goal by the time day was supposed to end and now they have to keep quiet.

Linki
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't think post count is the key. If we were going by that metric, then you would be suspect #1.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

What about Russ' Day 2 posts. Wouldn't those need to be looked at as well?

Linki :p - well, I am not bad so there.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:What about Russ' Day 2 posts. Wouldn't those need to be looked at as well?

Russ was good Day 2. He got lynched.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:What about Russ' Day 2 posts. Wouldn't those need to be looked at as well?

Russ was good Day 2. He got lynched.
Derp. Yes, 1.0. Got it.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 143

Post by BigDamnHero »

Elohcin wrote:I'm just frustrated with getting nowhere. I mean, look around, where is everyone? Do you think maybe the baddies have met their goal/post count and now they have to be quiet? I think looking at the number of posts today might be a good idea especially since today was supposed to be over already. The baddies probably met their goal by the time day was supposed to end and now they have to keep quiet.

Linki
I wouldn't rule this out entirely, but I don't tin order to hink the hosts would sabotage their own game like that. The whole purpose of a mafia game is to encourage activity, discussion and engagement with the other players. putting a limit or maximum number of posts on ANYBODY basically counter-mandates that philosophy. And given that they extended today as a means to INCREASE particiption (and voter turnout), I'd say there's a very solid likelihood taht they wouldn't build such restrictions into any role.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by DFaraday »

I'm voting MM. I don't like how he voted Sig without a stated reason, especially considering that the most likely options are a wasted lynch or a big civ loss.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DFaraday wrote:Sig could also be Shawn, so I'm really not liking that INH and MM are so blithe about voting him. The most likely options to a Sig lynch I see are A) He's Yang and nothing happens again, or B) He's Shawn and we just lost a major civvie.
My case for voting Sig really rests in Sig's posting history. He seems to be trying so hard to pass himself off as invulnerable that it seems hollow to me. There's a very good chance he's bluffing, and Timmer provided an example of a time in the past when he did the same thing.

This mindset of "Sig must be either A or B." is reductive and limiting.

I'd ask you to read his posts and maybe try to think outside of the box.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DFaraday wrote:I'm voting MM. I don't like how he voted Sig without a stated reason, especially considering that the most likely options are a wasted lynch or a big civ loss.
so you disagree with my case, and therefore anyone who agrees with my case must be scum?

wat?

Also, all that I've ever seen against Dom/MM is read based subjective stuff that, unless I'm missing something, never reverberated with me. Anyone wanna explain the case against him?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Sig could also be Shawn, so I'm really not liking that INH and MM are so blithe about voting him. The most likely options to a Sig lynch I see are A) He's Yang and nothing happens again, or B) He's Shawn and we just lost a major civvie.
My case for voting Sig really rests in Sig's posting history. He seems to be trying so hard to pass himself off as invulnerable that it seems hollow to me. There's a very good chance he's bluffing, and Timmer provided an example of a time in the past when he did the same thing.

It isn't reductive. Explain what is outside the box. Who is sig, and why are you voting for him?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I voted DrWilgy for now.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

OK. Read up.

Thoughts on the names that have come up, because at this moments, I don't have any suspects of my own and I've been wrong about suspicions up until now, so I'm self doubting, and I didn't have time to read back through earlier posts. Also, it's less than 2 hours, and more names would only make it easier for mafia to manipulate the lynch, assuming (like Epi) many missing voters).

MM I could definitely see as bad. Especially after the vote for Sig, with no stated reason for doing so.

Russ I would be very surprised to find out was bad.

Wilgy, I'm unsure. I'm not very good at reading him. My gut tells me he is civ, but my gut could be totally wrong.

Sig, I really don't think is bad. I'm willing to revisit that at some point, but I don't see enough evidence that he's bad at this point to change my thinking.

So, I'm voting MM, because I think that's where I'm seeing the strongest reasoning at this point.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

It isn't reductive. Explain what is outside the box. Who is sig, and why are you voting for him?
Sig is a person who I think has said and done some shady stuff this game. People are giving him a pass because he wasn't lynched on Day 1. I think doing so is incorrect and playing directly into his hand. I think he's purposefully bluffing, and attempting to get through this game scot-free. A Crooked Cop would have a much better chance of having access to a lynch stop item. Plus, there are the infamous secret descriptions in their roles, which could theoretically have something to do with lynches. Thinking that Sig has to either be Shawn or Yang because he survived a lynch is reductive. I'm trying to get people to free their minds, dude.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

LoRab wrote:OK. Read up.

Thoughts on the names that have come up, because at this moments, I don't have any suspects of my own and I've been wrong about suspicions up until now, so I'm self doubting, and I didn't have time to read back through earlier posts. Also, it's less than 2 hours, and more names would only make it easier for mafia to manipulate the lynch, assuming (like Epi) many missing voters).

MM I could definitely see as bad. Especially after the vote for Sig, with no stated reason for doing so.

Wilgy, I'm unsure. I'm not very good at reading him. My gut tells me he is civ, but my gut could be totally wrong.

Sig, I really don't think is bad. I'm willing to revisit that at some point, but I don't see enough evidence that he's bad at this point to change my thinking.

So, I'm voting MM, because I think that's where I'm seeing the strongest reasoning at this point.
Are you voting MM simply because of "Bad Read" and "Agreed With INH"?

Is there anything else to this case?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

My top suspect is still wilgy. And with no developments today on who could be bad b/c of Night 2's kill, I have to stick with my vote on him. But, this post here doesn't sit well with me. The way Lorab describes wilgy sounds like how a baddie would describe a teammate. I also don;t like how she voted for MM and gave the exact reasoning that a previous player gave. If wilgy is bad, Lorab has my next vote.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Am I correct, when considering time zones, that there is just over an hour left to this day? I need to study the vote-getters and quickly, but a difference of an hour or two would be good to know about!
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I've put a vote on Wilgy.

Looking back through, I feel like both Wilgy and Sig could be bad, while I'm less sold on the MM case. I trust INH in this game, and haven't trusted Sig all game, however I also see the Wilgy logic, and Eloh is exactly right about the pingy tone of lorab's post, and so it makes more sense for me to vote him and put him ahead than to vote Sig and create a three-way tie that could be open to shenanigans and cause a dead MM instead.
My siggie.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 144

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

This is why I'm hesitant to vote Shawn. Just in case Option B ends up being true.

However, I'm also currently playing mafia drunk and that's never ended well for me. :disappoint:
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

insertnamehere wrote:

Are you voting MM simply because of "Bad Read" and "Agreed With INH"?

Is there anything else to this case?
Several people have made points about Dom/MM--I don't remember who has said what about them, but there have been enough things pointed out. I also didn't get a particularly good feeling about Dom--I had written it off at first, knowing he had things going on, but as the game has gone on, I've felt less and less good about him, and therefore them. So, mostly gut, but posting in general.
Elohcin wrote:

My top suspect is still wilgy. And with no developments today on who could be bad b/c of Night 2's kill, I have to stick with my vote on him. But, this post here doesn't sit well with me. The way Lorab describes wilgy sounds like how a baddie would describe a teammate. I also don;t like how she voted for MM and gave the exact reasoning that a previous player gave. If wilgy is bad, Lorab has my next vote.
My post was actually just my honest viewpoint. I'm unsure about him. I have some reason to think that he could be civ, but not enough to not suspect him at all. At this point, I'm on the civ side of the fence, but still pretty close to the fence.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Spacedaisy wrote:Ok guys, only five people have voted and it ends in an hour and a half! We are extending the day until 9 PM tonight to see if we can rope in some more voters and get the phase ends at a better time for me and my hellish retail schedule.

The poll will say it ends tomorrow morning because we don't have any way around that, but it will end at 9 PM tonight!
OH FUCK I need to catch up and vote....now.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. I'm putting a vote on Wilgy. He is still my strongest suspect, and the fact that he hasn't come back yet on Day 4 to try and defend himself makes me feel he's taken a defeatist attitude almost. No other case that has come up today has convinced me as strongly.

Votes Wilgy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I vote, and three people follow me.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 143

Post by BigDamnHero »

I voted BEFORE it was "the thing" to do...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:I vote, and three people follow me.
Oh stop. It had nothing to do with you.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I vote, and three people follow me.
Oh stop. It had nothing to do with you.
:meany:

I'm popular and good looking and everybody loves me.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”