Random~

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

tin man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Random~

Post by tin man »

currently rewatching every season of survivor. just finished australia so 2 down, 30 more to go lmfao.

current ranking
1 borneo
2 australia
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 12

Post by insertnamehere »

tin man wrote:currently rewatching every season of survivor. just finished australia so 2 down, 30 more to go lmfao.

current ranking
1 borneo
2 australia
You have no idea how into Survivor I am. BULLETPOINT RANKINGS!

3- Pretty good, nice setting, kind of boring
4- underrated, first instance of real Survivor strategy, Boston Rob's best time playing
5- dark, weird, and less interesting in execution than it is in theory
6- has a really good cast, but some weird controversial confessionals
7- MY FAVORITE SEASON! This one seriously has an awesome cast, and the game plays out amazingly. plus it has my favorite player!
8- verrrrrrry controversial among Survivor fans. This is the darkest, murkiest season of Survivor. Expect everything that can go wrong, to go wrong
9- kind of underrated, pretty good
10- i don't like this one as much as some people do for a pretty big reason that you'll find out if you watch it, but it has some good characters
11- super duper underrated, awesome characters and a kickass setting
12- this one has the craziest, most bizarre cast and the best tribe in Survivor history (character wise)
13- this is the infamous "race twist" season that's actually pretty boring in actuality
14- i need to rewatch this one
15- another one of my favorites. great cast, and pretty much the last cool location in Survivor history
16- a great strategy-heavy season that is a little predictable in a couple of ways
17- one of my favorites just for pure random WTF-ery. This is the game at its least predictable
18- a good solid season with a handful of really strong characters
19- this is where things get a little hairy. this is when we first meet the most controversial player in Survivor history, who comes back multiple times. I don't think very highly of him, and I'd advise you not to believe the hype.
20- this is Survivor making an all "all-star" season work really well, as opposed to whatever the fuck All-Stars was. Also features my favorite player.
21- underrated and very unpredictable
22- this is survivor's dark age. All of these seasons are really boring and shitty. I'd probably advise you to skip most of these.
23- skip if you can
24- skip if you can
25- DON'T SKIP THIS ONE. It's not the best season ever, but it's a really solid one and a return to form
26- skip if you can
27- still need to watch this one. i was honestly kind of burned out on the show at this point
28- A FANTASTIC SEASON! just a really good one with kickass characters and kickass strategy. this is when things start turning around for the series
29- another REALLY GOOD season. this is one of the unpredictable ones with an astoundingly good cast (John Rocker excluded)
30- a kind of ugly season, with bullying, class warfare, and a super obvious winner.
31- probably the best "all-star" season with an awesome cast that seems selected for superfans like me, and some great moments
32- the most recent one, which i'd say was a pretty solid season with some big villains and big heroes all of which do worse than you expect
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by indiglo »

:omg: HV is down!!! :omg:

:overreact: WHAT WILL WE DO??? :overreact:

Image Such sadness. Much bad news. Image
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 359

Post by Vompatti »

HV or Hv is a two-letter acronym which may refer to:

Hypervelocity star, an astronomical object or as a designation of such in a star catalogue
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Has anyone here had trouble upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7? Does the download also install it? I'm on the free program if that makes a difference.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

If you voluntarily want it, you're beyond help.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I've been using it for a while. (You just download and then install it, and honestly it didn't take all that long.) It's fine, I like it, and got used to it really quickly.

The only issue I faced (which I wasn't aware of ahead of time :fist: ) is that my Bluetooth peripherals didn't work with it. I had to buy a new Bluetooth dongle that was Windows 10 compatible. (Yep, old ass laptop without built in Bluetooth. :puppy: ) Anyway, once I had the new Bluetooth dongle, everything worked perfectly. If you have built in Bluetooth, it should still work fine (that's what happened for Dex, no Bluetooth issues at all - and yep, I've finally created a PC out that old Mac man!! :dark: ).

Other than that, it's fine. Oh, another thing - you may have trouble finding your old Microsoft Word software (if you use it) but it will still be in there. Or you can download one of the many free word processing programs out there. All the software still works on it fine, no issues, just might be a bit buried to dig out.

Linki~ Vomps - LMAO :haha: Yep. It will get foisted on you eventually no matter what you do, from what I hear.

It hasn't been terrible for me, but I really don't do any intense computer stuff - graphic art, loads of streaming, PDF generating, etc. No crazy gaming, etc, and I'm imagining Jules is in the same boat. :grin:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Epignosis »

To hell with 10. I stuck with XP for ages and held out for 7, which I like more.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Doesn't it trouble you that no matter what you do on your computer Micro$haft will know what it is and that they can take over your computer at any moment if they wish? They literally admitted to putting a keylogger in the trial version and there's no way to tell if they removed it without seeing the source code.

Also, Windows 10 ignores all the MS servers in the hosts file for "security reasons", so you can't even block their spyware without a physical firewall.

Anyone who willingly installs and uses this OS on a computer that's connected to the internet is either very uninformed or insane.

Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thank you indiglo! Thats exactly the kind of thing I needed to know.

Epi, I've held out as long as I can. The free offer is only available for 20 more days (I signed up for it in like October just haven't had the courage to do it) so I don't want to miss the time period for getting it for free. And you're right, I won't be doing anything heavy like gaming with the computer. I will have to dig out Word and I guess Excel plus my Express email but that shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks for all the advice - you too Vompati.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I missed that last post by Vomps. There isn't anything worth stealing on my computer. I only use it for email, the internet, Word, Explorer, and Firefox stuff like chatzilla.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:I missed that last post by Vomps. There isn't anything worth stealing on my computer. I only use it for email, the internet, Word, Explorer, and Firefox stuff like chatzilla.
'Cept what the govuhment puts on there to frame you. :mafia:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:I missed that last post by Vomps. There isn't anything worth stealing on my computer. I only use it for email, the internet, Word, Explorer, and Firefox stuff like chatzilla.
'Cept what the govuhment puts on there to frame you. :mafia:
lol, I doubt they want to frame me

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Just because you don't think you'd make a good target doesn't mean you should let them abuse you.

Besides, by making it more difficult for them to get to you (by not running proprietary software, encrypting even irrelevant emails etc.) you're also helping everyone else. All the time they waste on you is away from the time they would use on people like Snowden.

Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Does anyone know what happened to Hedville?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I PMed Illy about it the day... it looks like Grimmy is probably going to let it die. Image :rip: Not that anybody went there anymore, to be honest. But it's still just a bit heart breaking to me.

XOXO Epi Girl
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks indiglo. I agree that is heart breaking, not that I went there much any more either but one of my fantasy football games was at that site. Plus SVS and bea (I think bea) have a Stoners II game coming up and I wanted to re-fresh my memory on Stoners I which they ran there. Oh well. I feel bad for Grimmy.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Oh cool! I didn't know they were going to do a Part II. That should be hilarious! I remember having a bit-o-fun in that game. :grin:

XOXO Epi Girl
tin man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tin man »

pop emergency alert britney spears and katy perry just released music

my official and correct opinion: britney's is better, but they are both kind of underwhelming.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 185

Post by S~V~S »

indiglo wrote:Oh cool! I didn't know they were going to do a Part II. That should be hilarious! I remember having a bit-o-fun in that game. :grin:
We are back burnering it for a bit. I will be without internet for a week or two at home, and am not sure of the dates that that will happen because real estate closing & new owner can't make appointment until old owner turns off service blah blah. AND beas summer work schedule is such that she won't have the time if the thread is suddenly dropped on her. Plus lots of our notes were at HV, so starting from scratch, lol. So we are dropping back a few places in the full queue, but not dropping out :)

And Bob Marleys Ghost (my favorite role as a host ever, except maybe for Mooby :noble: ) will be there.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

So... I was walking home after work and then bumped into something you don't see every day (or lifetime, for that matter):

The olympic torch.

It's kind of blurry but it's what my phone could do lol.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:So... I was walking home after work and then bumped into something you don't see every day (or lifetime, for that matter):

The olympic torch.

It's kind of blurry but it's what my phone could do lol.
Awesome, that is so cool DDL!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I went for a long bike ride with a friend last evening, and got home after dark hoping to go to bed. But my roommate had just opened a bottle of sangria, so of course I stayed up with her and her friend to finish it.

Coffee is the best on these kinds of mornings. :coffee3:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 477

Post by A Person »

Coffee is best on days with "y" in their name.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

A Person wrote:Coffee is best on days with "y" in their name.
Days should have more "y"s in their names tbh.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Like yesterday.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Like yesterday.
Sure, but if I drink all my coffee yesterday, then tomorrow I'll have none. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Tomorrow doesn't have a "y" in it though.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Tomorrow doesn't have a "y" in it though.
My point exactly.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Yeah but tomorrow always turns into today
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lizzy »

Bump

How are you lot? ;D
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A wild Lizzy appears!

:faint:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

VAL needs to make a come back :nicenod:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Lizzy wrote:Bump

How are you lot? ;D
Drunker than ever. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

How are you lot? ;D
omg it's teh Lizz D:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

How are you lot? ;D
Drunker than ever. :beer:
Then I fit right in. :mafia:
insertnamehere wrote:VAL needs to make a come back :nicenod:
Careful what you wish for, babe. :*

@Rob - I am guilty of shortly succumbing to the almighty PG. But i'm okay now. I think. How's you?

@Matt - So AL's complete where's the big V?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm doing well. Still teaching (going back in a week). Kids are growing up and getting "big" (we're Hobbitses).

Still photographering?
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Epignosis wrote:I'm doing well. Still teaching (going back in a week). Kids are growing up and getting "big" (we're Hobbitses).

Still photographering?
Awwww> How are yiu guys handling the Hobbitses?

And no, i haven't had time for photos lately. Stupid work. I kinda lost interest in it as well :sigh:

I've been thinking about doing it again, maybe when autumn comes and everything looks prettier. :noble:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 132

Post by Ricochet »

Omg its a lijzzzy
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

;oOOOOooOOooOOOOOoooooo

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lizzy and Vompatti should sign up for my Chinese game and show us what they're made of.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

It looks like the kind of game where it might take a long time to die.

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:It looks like the kind of game where it might take a long time to die.
ture

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

a VAL reunion would literally give me life.

A shorter heist game is in sign-ups right now, and it's even about US Politics, everyone's favorite topic right now!

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 103&t=1123
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I wouldn't mind making the Clinton body count great again. :mafia:

EDIT: It's funny because in fact it's greater now than ever before.
Last edited by Vompatti on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

insertnamehere wrote:a VAL reunion would literally give me life.

A shorter heist game is in sign-ups right now, and it's even about US Politics, everyone's favorite topic right now!

I suppose red in that case doesn't mean socialist :(
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

A Person wrote:

A Cold War game would be awesome... :ponder:
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
A Person wrote:

A Cold War game would be awesome... :ponder:
Well the USSR was a far cry from something I'd consider socialism but it would be a fun idea.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Well yeah, I just was thinking Red = Communist, even though you mentioned socialism. :P
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I made coffee in a french press for the first time in my life this morning.

What have I been missing all these years? :faint:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “The Speakeasy”