Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 0]

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:I appreciate the sentiment from people who think I'd make a good prefect, but it's definitely worth taking a hard pass on giving it to me this time.
:( :bighug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Glorfindel wrote:Working on the assumption that a 'Prefect' is a position of some significant authority and influence, can anyone explain to me why Golden only has one vote? I mean SERIOUSLY? He was (is?) The Syndicate's representative at the Mafia Championships. He won a s#*^load of awards on this site this year (including The Syndicate MVP). He has demonstrated an ability for intelligent analysis and shown that he has the courage of his convictions (from my experience of him in Arkham Mafia). On top of all that, he's just a really nice guy... If anyone out there is still undecided, I'll be voting for him and for the reasons stated, I think you should too.
This is a mafia game, not a job interview. We are judging whether people are civ or bad.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 37

Post by insertnamehere »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Working on the assumption that a 'Prefect' is a position of some significant authority and influence, can anyone explain to me why Golden only has one vote? I mean SERIOUSLY? He was (is?) The Syndicate's representative at the Mafia Championships. He won a s#*^load of awards on this site this year (including The Syndicate MVP). He has demonstrated an ability for intelligent analysis and shown that he has the courage of his convictions (from my experience of him in Arkham Mafia). On top of all that, he's just a really nice guy... If anyone out there is still undecided, I'll be voting for him and for the reasons stated, I think you should too.
This is a mafia game, not a job interview. We are judging whether people are civ or bad.
and remember folks, nothing says trustworthy civilian like banners :grin:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
At this point, I have no reason at all to think that Golden is anything other than Civilian then. Do you?

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

insertnamehere wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
and remember folks, nothing says trustworthy civilian like banners :grin:
:fist:

Don't listen to this guy right here. He may have raised more capital for marketing and gotten more endorsements from corporations but I'm the grassroots prefect here. I will fight for the less confident civs- those that have felt disenfranchised, and don't want to prove their civness. This may be Day 0, but none of you are 0's to me. No sirree. I need a small push from those out there that are on the fence. Don't give in to the big talkers and panhandlers. I'm the man that can fix the engine.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Glorfindel wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
At this point, I have no reason at all to think that Golden is anything other than Civilian then. Do you?
You don't need a reason, all you need is paranoia. He could be bad, therefore you should thread carefully. Everybody could be.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Point is: the question you should be asking is not "is Golden a better civ player than the rest?". It is "Is Golden more likely to be civ than the rest?"

Can you answer that question?

Also I can't believe this is day 0 and I'm already talking about Golden. Fuck me.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Who do you feel is more likely to be civilian than the mean as of right now, DDL?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

No strong civ/bad reads here, but if I had to pick... I guess Glorfindel is giving me a good vibe, like hs is being honest, though that might be because I've lynched him for saying things I disagreed with heavily before, so I'm kind of used to his meta. But I don't know what bad Glorfindel looks like so... yeah.

Also Eloh questioned me and that felt sincere too.

I dunno, to early to say anything strongly.
TheCapsFan
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by TheCapsFan »

Turnip Head wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My votes will go to two players who show me that they have the desire and the motivation to work for the greater good. Inspire me, and bring honor to your family.
Somehow I'll make a man out of you.
Turnip Head thus far is my favorite player.

Getting a good vibe from JJJ...glad I voted for them.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Well I may end up going for the ladies like Sorsha suggested, particularly Eloh and Niju since they've expressed interest. One of my votes might still go to JJJ but it's not really set in stone -- I really do think he'd be great if he's civ, but that is admittedly a dangerous assumption to make. Also might consider Scotty, I think he'd be a good fit too and his Hamilton references might win me over.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:No strong civ/bad reads here, but if I had to pick... I guess Glorfindel is giving me a good vibe, like hs is being honest, though that might be because I've lynched him for saying things I disagreed with heavily before, so I'm kind of used to his meta. But I don't know what bad Glorfindel looks like so... yeah.

Is insertnamehere more likely to be civilian than the mean?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nope, but my vote was pretty much a joke vote.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 12

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:JJJ, why would you be happy to serve as prefect?
It sounds fun. I trust myself more than I trust other people. I'm confident that I'll maintain as consistent an active presence in this game as I always do.
This makes me ok with you being prefect, for the same reason I'll be voting Sig (as promised) and myself.

I do think it would be best to place prefects being players that can read each other well. A means of checks and balances, perhaps I came to this thought abit to late.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:No strong civ/bad reads here, but if I had to pick... I guess Glorfindel is giving me a good vibe, like hs is being honest, though that might be because I've lynched him for saying things I disagreed with heavily before, so I'm kind of used to his meta. But I don't know what bad Glorfindel looks like so... yeah.

Is insertnamehere more likely to be civilian than the mean?
Are you? :shrug:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

Jay, why did you vote for yourself?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Golden wrote:Jay, why did you vote for yourself?
Because he skipped the rules section on page one. Lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
The rules say that self-voting is permitted, but it doesn't seem like a very Jay thing to do to give himself a potential reward.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
The rules say that self-voting is permitted, but it doesn't seem like a very Jay thing to do to give himself a potential reward.
I disagree Golden.

I think what's actually most striking here is this "Why didn't everyone vote for themselves"?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Little Jay has to get a grip!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

None of you losers voted for me. Sad !

I'm the most qualified person to ever run for prefect. Make Prefects Great Again!
Turnip Head wrote:Prefect - (n) a chief officer, magistrate, or regional governor in certain countries.

Is anyone qualified for such a position? And if you are qualified, please explain your qualifications as creatively and amusingly as you can. My vote is up in the air.
I'm the greatest mafia player in history. Vote for me. Make The Syndicate Great Again.

Don't vote for Fake Scotty. He acts-- what a fake !

The establishment is a bunch of liars. Lyin' Turnip Head and Crooked Sorshs

Vote Dom 2016.
Get the establishment pigs out!

(c) Paid for by Dom/Nju 2016.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Hi Dom. U bad again?
Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Damnit, I wish I could switch my vote to Dom. He says the things that everyone else is too afraid to say.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Turnip Head wrote:Damnit, I wish I could switch my vote to Dom. He says the things that everyone else is too afraid to say.
Like #harambe2016?
Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DrWilgy wrote:
Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Hi Dom. U bad again?

Me? Bad? I'm the greatest there ever was.

Scotty is the single greatest threat to this website! He's an actor! He lies!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dom wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Hi Dom. U bad again?

Me? Bad? I'm the greatest there ever was.

Scotty is the single greatest threat to this website! He's an actor! He lies!
It's not lying, you dominatrix.

It's telling the truth under imaginary circumstances.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DrWilgy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
I disagree Golden.

I think what's actually most striking here is this "Why didn't everyone vote for themselves"?
No - I mean, I'd expect it from a Wilgy. It seems odd from a Jay. Particular a Jay in a close contest for the lead.

I've got an idea though - how about others stop speaking for Jay, because I want to hear what he has to say about it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:None of you losers voted for me. Sad !

I'm the most qualified person to ever run for prefect. Make Prefects Great Again!
Turnip Head wrote:Prefect - (n) a chief officer, magistrate, or regional governor in certain countries.

Is anyone qualified for such a position? And if you are qualified, please explain your qualifications as creatively and amusingly as you can. My vote is up in the air.
I'm the greatest mafia player in history. Vote for me. Make The Syndicate Great Again.

Vote Dom 2016.

Why is ninja paying for your election campaign?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Golden wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
I disagree Golden.

No - I mean, I'd expect it from a Wilgy. It seems odd from a Jay. Particular a Jay in a close contest for the lead.

I've got an idea though - how about others stop speaking for Jay, because I want to hear what he has to say about it.
Speak for Jay? Was that my intention?
Image Image Image
Dunny
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Dunny »

I think i am going to vote for Scotty like i said late last night and I am also going to vote for INH because banners. And i am still not convinced on the JJJ vote
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I'm suited for the task and I got sick of all the anti-me paranoia. I'm not really seeing much to instill confidence about other people anyway. Perhaps I'm arrogant, but oh well. I also expected to be gone through the deadline, but apparently me and sleep don't mix right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Voting now because I don't trust myself to remember in the morning. Going with Eloh and Niju
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

OK, the deadline beckons... The leading wagons right now are 3J and INH on 7 votes with Scotty on 6 votes. All I have to go on is my experience of these players from previous games. In my latest game here (Battlestar Galactica) 3J defended me when no one else would so he'll get one of my votes. From my recollection insertnamehere did vote to lynch me and wouldn't believe me that I was Town so he's not getting my vote. That leaves me with Scotty who'd left the game by the time 'the debacle' occurred and as 3J voted for him here and insertnamehere hasn't, I'm happy to give my remaining vote to him.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Thank you Dunny and Glorfindel! Your contribution will not go unnoticed.

I hope this means prefects will be NK proof.

With my luck, it'll probably be something like "You will die in the place of someone else in your faction when they are to be killed". Butcha knowut? That's ok, its what I signed up for. Like trick or treating at s house lacking lights and decorations: could be that sweet old lady with giant candy bars or it could be old man Fargas whose wife disappeared mysteriously last week and is giving out apples filled with razor blades.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nijuukyugou wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Scotty wrote:Checking in, and boy do those treasures look tasty.
There's a fabled sword, rare tomes of wisdom, exquisite sculptures... and a bag of tea. Someone's getting shafted :P But yay game!
By the fabled sword, of course! :tea: Mmmm, tea.

I will also be ridiculously busy, but if y'all wanna vote me, whatever. I'm a leader and such, at least of high school-aged children :D I'm gonna vote INH because Steve Buscemi, and Spacedaisy because I had to drop out of her game, and she's awesome and leader-y.

There. Did it. Yes.

Also, because I'm sad I missed my chance, this is what happens when you type "Steve Buscemi eyes" into Google images:
You're welcome for the nightmares.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Who still hasn't checked in?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:None of you losers voted for me. Sad !

Vote Dom 2016.

Also, :haha:

If I had held my vote long enough, this would have won it for sure.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't see anything wrong or, more significantly, out of character with JJJ voting himself, by the way. Let's not forget that this is the guy who said this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think we made the best decision I was able to come up with. That's all we can ask for in any lynch. :)
:p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am insufferable. :grin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Elohcin »

FIVE PAGES!!!! And Day 0 still has hours before it's over.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I swear y'all should go to 100 posts per page. I'm not even into page 3! Obviously the thread is the same length, but it feels less overwhelming to me when I look down at the page clickers.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I swear y'all should go to 100 posts per page. I'm not even into page 3! Obviously the thread is the same length, but it feels less overwhelming to me when I look down at the page clickers.
You know, I think I'm going to do that. Never have considered it before, but now that I'm playing with less time it might psychologically assist in making the thread seem less intimidating.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Glorfindel wrote:OK, the deadline beckons... The leading wagons right now are 3J and INH on 7 votes with Scotty on 6 votes. All I have to go on is my experience of these players from previous games. In my latest game here (Battlestar Galactica) 3J defended me when no one else would so he'll get one of my votes. From my recollection insertnamehere did vote to lynch me and wouldn't believe me that I was Town so he's not getting my vote. That leaves me with Scotty who'd left the game by the time 'the debacle' occurred and as 3J voted for him here and insertnamehere hasn't, I'm happy to give my remaining vote to him.
If it makes you feel better, I was a weird rogue indie in that game who simply wanted to not have as much attention as possible. Plus I replaced in after 200 pages of posts that I really didn't want to comb through. Look at me not as a wrong civilian, but as a crafty independent, and you'll be closer to the truth for that game.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I think I'm suited for the task and I got sick of all the anti-me paranoia. I'm not really seeing much to instill confidence about other people anyway. Perhaps I'm arrogant, but oh well. I also expected to be gone through the deadline, but apparently me and sleep don't mix right now.
Jay, I have a question for you.

Here you noted you got sick of anti-you paranoia. Did you think any player's paranoia was specifically either or both: (I) particularly illogical or unwarranted; (II) suspicious at face value?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:OK, the deadline beckons... The leading wagons right now are 3J and INH on 7 votes with Scotty on 6 votes. All I have to go on is my experience of these players from previous games. In my latest game here (Battlestar Galactica) 3J defended me when no one else would so he'll get one of my votes. From my recollection insertnamehere did vote to lynch me and wouldn't believe me that I was Town so he's not getting my vote. That leaves me with Scotty who'd left the game by the time 'the debacle' occurred and as 3J voted for him here and insertnamehere hasn't, I'm happy to give my remaining vote to him.
If it makes you feel better, I was a weird rogue indie in that game who simply wanted to not have as much attention as possible. Plus I replaced in after 200 pages of posts that I really didn't want to comb through. Look at me not as a wrong civilian, but as a crafty independent, and you'll be closer to the truth for that game.
I don't think Glorfindel's selection process was logical or based on the merits of this game, but I don't think anyone else's really was either; and, further, I think the ramifications of this poll have yet to be determined.

So I would also like to hear more from DDL on why he was harping on that and whether he found anyone suspicious for Day 0 activity.

Furthermore, does anyone have any suspicions based on the available content? Let's get this game going. Someone throw something out there if you have it.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DrWilgy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
I disagree Golden.

Because some Prefect candidates are decent, hardworking people who aren't egotistically giving themselves an extra boost by voting for themselves. Some honorable, principled Prefect candidates want to win simply on their own merits! Crooked 3J over there already revealed his priorities with his vote: ME, ME, ME. Whereas some extremely intelligent and attractive candidates have been voted for BY THE PEOPLE and will work tirelessly FOR THE PEOPLE.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

insertnamehere wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
I disagree Golden.

Because some Prefect candidates are decent, hardworking people who aren't egotistically giving themselves an extra boost by voting for themselves. Some honorable, principled Prefect candidates want to win simply on their own merits! Crooked 3J over there already revealed his priorities with his vote: ME, ME, ME. Whereas some extremely intelligent and attractive candidates have been voted for BY THE PEOPLE and will work tirelessly FOR THE PEOPLE.
Au contraire por favor.

I think a self vote is admirable because a) it adheres to the rules and b) it shows confidence in yourself. Your votes for other people tells me you would far rather other people have this position over you.

I think I am a good candidate and voted myself as such. It seems other people agreed with me. ;)

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Jay, I have a question for you.

Here you noted you got sick of anti-you paranoia. Did you think any player's paranoia was specifically either or both: (I) particularly illogical or unwarranted; (II) suspicious at face value?
I) I would say it is illogical yes, but still understandable. It comes with the territory when I play the way I play.

II) I've been considering this though Day 0. The prevailing narrative has been that I am a civilian asset and a dangerous baddie, so it might not be worth the risk of putting power in my hands. What hasn't been acknowledged is that this works both ways -- baddies can have the same ulterior motive to resist me receiving power as a townie that I could have as a baddie myself pursuing that power. I've decided though that I don't think it's suspicious. Those who promoted this perspective the most (DDL, Bass, and Scotty perhaps among others) did so in such a way that it appears more like genuine paranoia than an underhanded tactic to weaken my influence. If someone out there is a bad guy trying to acquire power, I think it's more likely he/she/they'd be among the people making a show of their candidacy (banners, Trump impersonations, etc).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Scotty wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
I disagree Golden.

Au contraire por favor.

I think a self vote is admirable because a) it adheres to the rules and b) it shows confidence in yourself. Your votes for other people tells me you would far rather other people have this position over you.

I think I am a good candidate and voted myself as such. It seems other people agreed with me. ;)
Maybe it just means that I care about people OTHER than myself, and am willing to REDISTRIBUTE THE WEALTH.

VOTE INSERTNAMEHERE

HE WORKS FOR THE PEOPLE - NOT HIMSELF
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”