Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 1]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:My opinion is that we should just lynch the people we want to see dead the most. But in case of endgame situations, putting a warrior on the battlefield against a strategist just to get the strategist killed sounds like a smart move. I mean, look at those odds. Of course, that's assuming we know who are the warrior and the strategist.
Can you show me a circumstance where we would? Is there something obvious I have missed?
- Player survives a duel multiple times (warrior)
- Night actions happen in a weird way and someone is suspicious.
- Someone who shouldn't survive a lynch/kill, survives a lynch/kill
- A player hints (iirc, Epi hardly modkills players for hinting. Though he will find a way of punishing them somehow).

And so on.

This is role madness. Anything can reveal players. The fact this game has a hard no-reveal rule damps that effect, but doesn't remove it from the game.

By endgame most people will have a rough idea of at least someone else (except for me, I'm terrible at catching those hints).
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Ok so I just saw MP's bigger post about being busy so what Quin said about him makes sense.

I've heard stories about baddie MP having meltdowns though, so I'm paranoid about that.
Don't you remember the Town MP Bean Dip Meltdown of 2015? :grin:
Not sure if I was in that game.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Ok so I just saw MP's bigger post about being busy so what Quin said about him makes sense.

I've heard stories about baddie MP having meltdowns though, so I'm paranoid about that.
Economics.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nerolunar wrote:Im in another game that is very dramatic at the moment, so I will be flying under the radar for now.

There is some good discussion going on though.

MP's reaction to the slight suspicions against him over his GTHs looks way too defensive for my taste. *Ping*
Thanks for repeating my point.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

I didn't realise that the survivor of the duel wins things. It appeases my curiousity as to why people were on board with the idea of pitting a suspect up against a civ. Even still, I'm not gonna support that way of thinking.

I think one of my votes will be going to MP today. His civ reads last night are the strongest ping I've had so far. I'm not really sure where I'll go with my second vote. I might pull a Scotty and vote for whoever hasn't checked in yet.
Turnip Head wrote:It's pretty suspicious that I am the marmot's only neutral read. I wonder if I am his teammate.

I don't mind that Jan hasn't found the content to be relevant so far. I would feel pretty detached if this was my first game with 30+ other players and nothing of consequence had happened yet.
What do you mean? Marmot's reading you as civ, unless he does his rainbow lists differently or something. Why do you think it's suspicious? He's only listed three people.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MP is my top town read. I know frustration can come from either alignment, but it tends to come in different appearances and under different circumstances. MP blew up at the first sign of suspicion while he had no votes on him -- this is not how baddies tend to behave at all. That is how someone who is on edge outside a game behaves.

He was trying to get the thread moving in a productive direction, so he put some reads into the thread. He didn't force any red reads while he had none (baddies would force at least one). I think he'd be a dumb candidate for a duel and I don't envision myself supporting that any time soon.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:MP is my top town read. I know frustration can come from either alignment, but it tends to come in different appearances and under different circumstances. MP blew up at the first sign of suspicion while he had no votes on him -- this is not how baddies tend to behave at all. That is how someone who is on edge outside a game behaves.

He was trying to get the thread moving in a productive direction, so he put some reads into the thread. He didn't force any red reads while he had none (baddies would force at least one). I think he'd be a dumb candidate for a duel and I don't envision myself supporting that any time soon.
I don't think that the way he responded initially is how a baddie acts, nor do I think it's how a civ acts. I think it's how someone who is very stressed out acts, and I don't think it's got anything to do with his alignment.

It's not his lack of red reads that I'm suspicious of. It's who he chose for his green reads. I agree with MacDougall when he not-so-delicately said that it looked like buddying.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:MP is my top town read. I know frustration can come from either alignment, but it tends to come in different appearances and under different circumstances. MP blew up at the first sign of suspicion while he had no votes on him -- this is not how baddies tend to behave at all. That is how someone who is on edge outside a game behaves.

I don't think that the way he responded initially is how a baddie acts, nor do I think it's how a civ acts. I think it's how someone who is very stressed out acts, and I don't think it's got anything to do with his alignment.

It's not his lack of red reads that I'm suspicious of. It's who he chose for his green reads. I agree with MacDougall when he not-so-delicately said that it looked like buddying.
I think that is too complex an accusation for the circumstance being assessed. MP's green reads were players who had mostly been active in the thread so far -- that makes sense, because those players had something to judge. He'd also specifically engaged those players in conversation before posting that list, so it's not hard to follow the progression that got him to those reads. The reason he got so frustrated was that he knew it was coming -- every time someone posts reads early in a game, people get on their case for it. It's stupid. I got the same crap in Triskaidekaphobia for doing basically the same thing.

MP is a calculated baddie. He is well aware that posting a bunch of greek peeks at the start of Day 1 isn't going to earn him town credit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MovingPictures07 wrote:OK, Mac, if you're going to make fun of me, that's fine, whatever. You're proving my point in that yes, I'm always fucking busy, and I'm pretty sure we've never even played a game together where I was civilian because I say the same shit every game I'm in, but whatever. I should have listened to my better judgment when it told me it would be a mistake to get back into mafia, especially now. This game infuriates me way too much; I'm getting out now before I waste more of my time on this. This game is just not fun enough for me to continue, and I'm going to bow out before I can cause any more drama.
Wow MP, sorry for that. I know how you are feeling now, it's just like how I was at that Turf Wars game.

RL happens and you are busy but you kind of have time to play some mafia, so you come anyway. And since you have so little time, you plan your gameplay to be simple and easy: just come, reply some posts, make your reads and leave. But this is mafia, and you inevitably get into a debate eventually, with some super-civ who is playing at their best game.

So debate keeps happening and you want it to end but you have to win because you wouldn't have it any other way. And as the RL stress keeps pilling up and the debate gets heated you start blaming that player you are arguing with for all of it. You think "does this guy even know what I'm having to sacrifice to come here argue with him"? Until eventually you blow up, and the game becomes a source of anger and suffering instead of fun.

(tbh I'm just talking about what happened to myself so sorry if you are different)

Imo, just leave until it feels like you are safe to come back again. Don't fret, the site will still be here when you do (you own it, after all :D ). We will be waiting for you.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think it's important to see the mindset that brought MP to his eruption. When people see a highly defensive action, I think they tend to instinctively view it as suspicious for the wrong reasons. This is what people see when they look at MP's initial defensive response to accusations about his green reads:

What??!!! I cannot *believe* people would accuse me for this. This is outrageous! I am aghast! Ridiculous!

When this is what really happened:

Oh for f***'s sake, here we go. A guy posts reads and people freak out. J.H. Christ. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying this is specifically your perspective, Quin. This is what I see in his reaction though, and it leads me toward a town read. That read is made even stronger by the incredibly fast acceleration of his frustration to the point of leaving the game. He was not in a position where he'd need to panic and lose his shit as a baddie. He was annoyed as hell that he was already dealing with misguided suspicion five minutes into Day 1.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jan wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'm not liking MM's contributions so far this game. He has expressed desire to be a prefect and...nothing else. 1/10 will not prefect.

Hey Jan, I remember playing with you at JTM and I remember you being more active over there. That the game is huge and is hard to keep track is a lame excuse not to give anything. What is "relevant" to your taste that hasn't been posted yet?
Oh hi there hunty, your name rings a bell.

However, I don't remember your playing style. I remembered Wilgy well because we were both scum in that one game we had.

I'll now pay more attention to you though. :P
And in response, what I read so far was just pretty much banter over who wants to be Prefect the most and in practice, it turned out to be a popularity contest. It's meaningless, what happens with these two that won it will be much more relevant than speculation. I cannot make out anything from you, JJJ and that third person getting elected prefects, really.

On my activity, I remember that using excessive gifs pissed off people a lot, so I have to keep it down a bit. I'm not really familiar with this type of mafia game too, so i'd rather be passive for a while and see what happens to get a general grip :shrug: Also, speaking on JTM 90s Kids, I got much more active at the end of that game when less people were around and throughout most of the game I just pretty much responded to stuff once in a while. That's how I usually act when I'm new to a mafia community.

However, from my general experience of over 20 mafia games played and 3 hosted, Day One lynches are usually pretty much wild guesses and there's more meta and philosophy to them than necessary. I'm rather poor at guessing who is scum, I'd rather have some evidence first. Besides, literally nothing arose my suspicions yet. I reread everything while I'm writing this post and the only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was someone that said "civ reads tend to be more accurate than scum reads". LOL
You need to play a game with Laix some time.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:

I think that is too complex an accusation for the circumstance being assessed. MP's green reads were players who had mostly been active in the thread so far -- that makes sense, because those players had something to judge. He'd also specifically engaged those players in conversation before posting that list, so it's not hard to follow the progression that got him to those reads. The reason he got so frustrated was that he knew it was coming -- every time someone posts reads early in a game, people get on their case for it. It's stupid. I got the same crap in Triskaidekaphobia for doing basically the same thing.

MP is a calculated baddie. He is well aware that posting a bunch of greek peeks at the start of Day 1 isn't going to earn him town credit.
Take a look at the dialogue between MP and I. Would you civ read me after that? Although it's true, my excuse sounds sketchy af.

linki: I don't want to let his frustration indicate alignment for me, because I think it's completely independent from the game. I can appreciate why you think it's a civ lean though, because at the very least it's definitely not baddie indicative. I need to take my brother to work, so I'll sit on this for a while and focus on candidates for my second vote for now. I've also got to get back to my assignments.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote:And damn nutella, that was quite a meaty post with lots of well-reasoned opinions. I like it, even though I'm not sure what to do with it yet :nicenod: :ponder:
It had so many well-reasoned opinions in each paragraph I found myself skimming them.

Wonder is that was the intended reaction.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Economics.
Eh... wouldn't really call that a meltdown.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Take a look at the dialogue between MP and I. Would you civ read me after that? Although it's true, my excuse sounds sketchy af.
I don't think your excuse sounds sketchy. It sounds honest. I can understand MP leaning in a positive direction for you. I wouldn't understand him stating with total confidence that you are town, but that's not what he did. He threw you a town GTH read based upon the content he had generated talking with you. I don't think that's suspicious, perhaps because it's so much like behavior that is typical of me. I think MP's methods resonate with me more than most because a lot of them are shared between us.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Quin wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:It's pretty suspicious that I am the marmot's only neutral read. I wonder if I am his teammate.

I don't mind that Jan hasn't found the content to be relevant so far. I would feel pretty detached if this was my first game with 30+ other players and nothing of consequence had happened yet.
What do you mean? Marmot's reading you as civ, unless he does his rainbow lists differently or something. Why do you think it's suspicious? He's only listed three people.
Because it's Day 1, and Marsh is always bad on Day 1.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote:

Personally, I'm projecting my own kind of meltdown on MP, and this is not how my baddie self would react to early game pressure. If I was too busy to play and people were suspecting me too heavily, I'd just turn apathetic and stop posting. Because in a deep level, I know I had it coming. Civ me, however, would react how I described in my big green post.

MP is not me though, so I don't know if its a good idea to project myself on him, but after this episode, I just don't feel like I want to lynch his role at all.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I find myself agreeing with Mac's point on Dunny. And something about him just feels off. Like he is just overly-defensive. I don't feel good about voting for a new player on day 1, but it's the game.

Also I didn't like Nutella's perfectly reasonable post, so away with her.

These are my votes. I might be able to make some posts tomorrow, but not read or write any big ones, so I'm voting now. Good night.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 0]

Oh yeah I totally forgot to explain my post about Quin.
Quin wrote:If I had a third vote, itd be for Scotty. His love for cherry tomatoes is all I need to put him at the top of my rainbow list.

I agree with you Luffy, about JJJ. While I didn't vote that way, Id suggest that one way to deal with a hard to read a character like him is to give him as much power as possible and see what he does with it. It looks like he'll be one of the prefects anyway, though.

I mean, this makes sense in my head at least.
I found this post to be somewhat uncommital. I didn't get whether Quin was agreeing with me or not.

But then he made more posts which felt more decisive so he kind of went to neutral read again.

Anyway, later.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Oh yeah I totally forgot to explain my post about Quin.
Quin wrote:If I had a third vote, itd be for Scotty. His love for cherry tomatoes is all I need to put him at the top of my rainbow list.

I agree with you Luffy, about JJJ. While I didn't vote that way, Id suggest that one way to deal with a hard to read a character like him is to give him as much power as possible and see what he does with it. It looks like he'll be one of the prefects anyway, though.

I mean, this makes sense in my head at least.
I found this post to be somewhat uncommital. I didn't get whether Quin was agreeing with me or not.

But then he made more posts which felt more decisive so he kind of went to neutral read again.

Anyway, later.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

You agree with me about "don't vote Jay" then immediately suggest we give as much power as pissble to Jay?

Im confus.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:You agree with me about "don't vote Jay" then immediately suggest we give as much power as pissble to Jay?

Im confus.
I don't remember the conversation, only that I agreed with you. Let me remind myself and I'll elaborate.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Honestly the fact JJJ is such an active civ is one reason for me to put him on my "do not trust" list, not the opposite.

Specially sice I've seen him admit he tries hard to make his baddie meta as civ-looking as possible.
I'm not sure I really understand your point. I think most people are voting JJJ because: #1) He is a thorough player and #2) He is an active player and we know he won't flake on us a few days in.

And, don't we ALL try to make our baddie meta as "civ-looking" as possible? I've never known anyone to get a baddie role and try to look bad...well, except maybe MovingPictures that one time :p
Not exactly. We want our bad metas to look like our civ metas, but a lot of us have civ metas not as thorough or pro-active as they can be, so the baddie counterpart to those metas are easier to make. We don't look that good all the time, so when we actually are bad, people don't detect it that easily.

But Jay? Like you said, he is the perfect civ. He is the town leader, the pro-active guy, the king of TL;DRs. And he tries to make his baddie meta look exactly like that (Ive never seen it myself, but he has described it that way). And that makes him a more dangerous baddie than most. Its harder to pull that metaboff successfully, but if he does it, we have a problem.

So I tend to be paranoid and avoid easily trustingnplayers like him. A good parallel to that is Marco from my forum, who plays a similar way.
This, Luffy. I agreed with you on your analysis of JJJ's meta. Because he is such a difficult to read player, I suggested voting him as I was under the impression that our prefects would be put in a position where they would give us more meat to work with, making them easier to evaluate. I didn't agree with the idea of not voting him, in the post I was answering to, you didn't say anything about that - you might have earlier but I don't think I read it. You dig?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sorry for, butchering, basic english, punctuation
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Also I didn't like Nutella's perfectly reasonable post, so away with her.
??????? what

I caught up on the thread and made a post expressing my opinions and summarizing who I agreed with in the discussion and why. That's how I post. If you think it's suspicious because it's "too reasonable" I can't really help you. I typed and posted my thoughts, that's all.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I understand the notion that a post can appear too "clean", though I didn't really get that vibe from nutella's post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Actually I'll ask you this, nutella:

You suggested you could name several GTH town reads. Who would those be?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:Jay, why did you vote for yourself?
Because he skipped the rules section on page one. Lol
The rules say that self-voting is permitted, but it doesn't seem like a very Jay thing to do to give himself a potential reward.
Little Jay has to get a grip!
Hi Dom. U bad again?
I have a test for this.

Hey Dom, how's it going?
Mac-- this guy-- am I right? Man, I don't know about you, but this guy-- hey, believe me, I heard some people saying it.

Plenty of people have written it.

(c) paid for by Dom/nju 2016
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:On a side note it feels so good to play with everyone again and have enough time to keep up with the thread. I am trying to be 200% more active this game then my last few poor showings .
Better keep this guy to his promise. I know this bass guy very well and believe me, if this post comes and flakey happens-- plenty of people know it's true that he's bad.

(c) Paid for by Dom/Nju 2016.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I think we should vote people who we believe to be mafia to duel. I think maybe later in the game if a civ wants to volunteer then that's their choice but early game I believe we run the risks of losing civs that could help us later in the game.
I'd be wary of people volunteering to duel tbh, they could be particularly tough/confident baddies looking for an easy ride and hoping for a nice reward.

Otherwise though, I don't think any opinion on whether to pit civ v baddie or baddie v baddie makes someone more likely to be good or bad. I think people who are naturally more careful will want to have a guarantee of a baddie dying and feel more comfortable putting two people they suspect up for a duel. People who are happier taking risks will want to do riskier things.
This guy must have listened to my very good brain.

(c) Paid for by Dom/nju 2016.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Nutella must have a very good set of ears because she seems to have listened well. Good stuff-- great! ! Wondreful. Tremendous!
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm leaving for a camping trip soon. I'll be back on Wednesday. Peace!
Oh hey Scotty, I posted this at the beginning.

And to be fair, I probably wouldn't have contributed, even if I was around.
Ah, I missed that. Unfortunately, your input since you've been back is going exactly how you admit it would go.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also, my rainbow list looks something like this:

S~V~S
Turnip Head
MovingPictures07

Stay tuned for more.
Stay tuned for more...more what? Beer? Spears? Aneurysms?
What does the blue represent? Why do you suspect MP? Why anything? Why do I keep expecting you to expand upon your thoughts, knowing full well you're just gonna derp around them? Isn't that tbe definition of insanity?

You can't just post colorful words and not talk about them. Here's my rainbow list using your method:
Stalin
The Yuan Dynasty
Andy Richter
Crab People

Stay tuned for more.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Russtifinko wrote:So, do we have any volunteers to duel today? :grin:
You? :grin:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jan wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'm not liking MM's contributions so far this game. He has expressed desire to be a prefect and...nothing else. 1/10 will not prefect.

Hey Jan, I remember playing with you at JTM and I remember you being more active over there. That the game is huge and is hard to keep track is a lame excuse not to give anything. What is "relevant" to your taste that hasn't been posted yet?
Oh hi there hunty, your name rings a bell.

However, I don't remember your playing style. I remembered Wilgy well because we were both scum in that one game we had.

I'll now pay more attention to you though. :P
And in response, what I read so far was just pretty much banter over who wants to be Prefect the most and in practice, it turned out to be a popularity contest. It's meaningless, what happens with these two that won it will be much more relevant than speculation. I cannot make out anything from you, JJJ and that third person getting elected prefects, really.

On my activity, I remember that using excessive gifs pissed off people a lot, so I have to keep it down a bit. I'm not really familiar with this type of mafia game too, so i'd rather be passive for a while and see what happens to get a general grip :shrug: Also, speaking on JTM 90s Kids, I got much more active at the end of that game when less people were around and throughout most of the game I just pretty much responded to stuff once in a while. That's how I usually act when I'm new to a mafia community.

However, from my general experience of over 20 mafia games played and 3 hosted, Day One lynches are usually pretty much wild guesses and there's more meta and philosophy to them than necessary. I'm rather poor at guessing who is scum, I'd rather have some evidence first. Besides, literally nothing arose my suspicions yet. I reread everything while I'm writing this post and the only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was someone that said "civ reads tend to be more accurate than scum reads". LOL
It's ok, my playstyle is pretty off the cuff. All over the place. I appreciate the gifs- it livens up the wall posts from some of our resident James Joyces.
I do remember you contributing more in the 90's kids game as it went on, though to be honest someone killed me night 1 so I barely remember that game. :fist:

As for that last paragraph; I think you and I are going to get along nicely. I'm terrible at reading people on day 1 without proper vote analysis and he-said/she-said links

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dom wrote:Nutella must have a very good set of ears because she seems to have listened well. Good stuff-- great! ! Wondreful. Tremendous!
Oh please god I hope you're not going to be quoting him the rest of the game. Lord knows he has a quote for everything that could be committed in a game of Mafia, but just the easily indentifiable, awful syntax is triggering me.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm leaving for a camping trip soon. I'll be back on Wednesday. Peace!

Ah, I missed that. Unfortunately, your input since you've been back is going exactly how you admit it would go.

S~V~S
Turnip Head
MovingPictures07

Stay tuned for more.
What does the blue represent? Why do you suspect MP? Why anything? Why do I keep expecting you to expand upon your thoughts, knowing full well you're just gonna derp around them? Isn't that tbe definition of insanity?

You can't just post colorful words and not talk about them. Here's my rainbow list using your method:
Stalin
The Yuan Dynasty
Andy Richter
Crab People

Stay tuned for more.
More colours and names attached to them. :grin:

But mainly, I'm fishing for a reaction from MP.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

S~V~S
Turnip Head
MovingPictures07

Stay tuned for more.

Stalin
The Yuan Dynasty
Andy Richter
Crab People

Stay tuned for more.
More colours and names attached to them. :grin:

But mainly, I'm fishing for a reaction from MP.
O rly.
Posting it 3 hours after his penultimate "I'm done and looking for a replacement" you were looking for a reaction from him?

Can't tell if joking or just a poor sport.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote:
Dom wrote:Nutella must have a very good set of ears because she seems to have listened well. Good stuff-- great! ! Wondreful. Tremendous!
Oh please god I hope you're not going to be quoting him the rest of the game. Lord knows he has a quote for everything that could be committed in a game of Mafia, but just the easily indentifiable, awful syntax is triggering me.
Who?
I came up with all of this with my very good brain! Lyin' Scotty is sad! Just sad!

(c) Paid for by Dom/Nju 2016
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote: O rly.
Posting it 3 hours after his penultimate "I'm done and looking for a replacement" you were looking for a reaction from him?

Can't tell if joking or just a poor sport.

I haven't read the whole thread, so this is news to me.

Alright MP, I'm bumping you up to peach.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:You didn't like it, you shouldn't have posted a platypus picture. You say those pursuing power shouldn't get it, but went ahead and pursued away yesterday. :shrug: Dunno what to tell ya, I had an idea. It was pointed out to me that it could in theory be used to work out even better for the baddies, and after thinking about it, I agree.
This does not make sense. By posting a platypus picture I secured your vote. I trust me. The problem is that you have no reason to trust me and you didn't seem to care about that.
Russtifinko wrote:You even think this is true when the strategy that you propose each side would promote is demonstrably, mathematically better for their opponents? Please. This is ridiculous. I'm an economist, and incentives just do not work that way.
It is not demonstrably, mathematically better for their opponents. It is theoretically better for their opponents in certain situations. I am sure we disagree on many economics concepts, and this isn't about that anyway. You can be an economics scholar; I am a Mafia scholar. :p
BUT INCENTIVES!!
Scotty wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:So, do we have any volunteers to duel today? :grin:
You? :grin:
:Uhh:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Russ, I challenge you to a duel.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

THE ANCIENT RITUAL OF CHALLENGE DUEL HAS BEEN INVOKED. RUSSTIFINKO NOW HAS 24 HOURS TO ACCEPT OR WE WILL RAID HIS ANCESTRAL VILLAGE.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:THE ANCIENT RITUAL OF CHALLENGE DUEL HAS BEEN INVOKED. RUSSTIFINKO NOW HAS 24 HOURS TO ACCEPT OR WE WILL RAID HIS ANCESTRAL VILLAGE.
Says the fellow whom I always vote on Day 1. :ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I challenge Metalmarsh89 to a duel.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:I challenge Metalmarsh89 to a duel.
Challenge accepted.

:workit:

What do we do now?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Now? Now, you die.

HAKIDOKANAMITOMAGACHI
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You have to vote for yourself and then I will vote for you too.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:You have to vote for yourself and then I will vote for you too.
Iseewhatyoudidthere.

You can't fool me like that Turnip Bread. CHALLENGE DENIED!!!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Actually I'll ask you this, nutella:

You suggested you could name several GTH town reads. Who would those be?
You, DDL, Quin, Jan, probably a couple others but those are the strongest.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

Mp, come back and just play like me, it's fun.

Don't think mp is scum. Not sure why I'm not consensus town yet?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward

Return to “Previous Jobs”