Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 2]

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Oh look a guy who I voted for on day 1 got lynched and is bad and this time I didn't actually try making a case on him. New strategy.

Wassup Glorfindel with ignoring my comment? You scared there buddy?
Pardon, my friend?
i

I asked whether you were planning on retiring from the game if you are Mafia and came under suspicion for it?
Why would I plan for something that has no basis at all in fact, my friend. And scared? No, not remotely. What should I have to be afraid of?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Post by MacDougall »

Hey Dunny where u at
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Oh look a guy who I voted for on day 1 got lynched and is bad and this time I didn't actually try making a case on him. New strategy.

Mr. Big Mac, what was the result of that test you took eh?

(c) Paid for by Dom/Nju 2016.
You seem civ.
What makes him seem remotely civ to you?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by timmer »

I'm not understanding this game yet. I'll get into it soon though.
My siggie.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

So far my biggest suspicions are MM and Dom. I think JJJ made a good case for connections between MM and Wilgy, and Dom is not fully addressing the points made against him and, I suspect, hiding behind a posting gimmick.

Bubbles' votes seemed random, but not unusual for Bubbles. :shrug2:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote:
Scotty wrote: -Domald voted for me and JJJ. Let's see what he had to say about suspicions:
Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm not liking Dom's rationale regarding Bass. Since Bass is generally a low poster, that feels like Dom is setting up an easy excuse for voting down the road.

Also Sorsha wanting to vote prefects sounds like a bad idea to me. I get the impression that prefects have important abilities or something, so why would we want to put them up to lynch right away?
And there's this DFaraday guy. This DFaraday guy-- he's just... well.. do I have to say it? He's not good. No good at all. Lies and twisting the fact like the crooked media. Rooting against me.

Listen folks, Bass better stay active. Otherwise he's saying empty promises and looking to be ignored. That's just despicable. We, as a game, cannot let him get away with this, folks.

(c) Paid for by Dom/NJU 2016.
Wait, that's funny. It looks like he meant to vote DF and Bass, but accidentally voted for me and JJJ. Whoops, must be some mistake. Because I just reread all his posts multiple times, and the only time he expressed any sort of sentiment toward me is when I criticized his posting gimmick and he called me "sad". He doesn't really mention JJJ as far as I can tell.

Dom and Bubbles are my top priorities today. I will most likely be voting there.
Lyin' Scotty is teaming up with Tricky Jay in an alliance to take me down!

Why would I vote bass? Right now-- I think Bass is a good guy. That could change. I have explained why in the past. You can look it up-- plenty have written about it.

Folks, don't trust Lyin' Scotty and Tricky Jay. Lyin' Scotty looked for an opportunity to seize power without any sort of content. Tricky Jay has used bad thinking all game. Not good, folks, not good.

That's not really answering the question of why you voted Scotty and JJJ. And you think Bass is a good guy?

Also, you say that you think Bass is a good guy, a claim which is not supported by your previous interactions with Bass:
Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:On a side note it feels so good to play with everyone again and have enough time to keep up with the thread. I am trying to be 200% more active this game then my last few poor showings .
Better keep this guy to his promise. I know this bass guy very well and believe me, if this post comes and flakey happens-- plenty of people know it's true that he's bad.

Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:On a side note it feels so good to play with everyone again and have enough time to keep up with the thread. I am trying to be 200% more active this game then my last few poor showings .
Better keep this guy to his promise. I know this bass guy very well and believe me, if this post comes and flakey happens-- plenty of people know it's true that he's bad.

I'm confused by this ? Are you saying g if I'm active I'm bad?
What the truth of the matter is that you have to realize that after-- hey, believe me...
If you aren't active, let's just say something else might be going on. I don't know what, but something else! Believe me. For sure !

So first you establish a potential suspicion of Bass to come back to later, but don't actually vote him, instead going with guys you haven't provided reasoning for. Then when questioned, you've thought Bass was good all along? Dom is flip-flopping more than...some sort of public official.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Actually, I think I misread Dom's statement a bit. He thinks Bass is good now, but didn't necessarily before. Still, no reasoning is given for any of this.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 1]

Post by Quin »

Bubbles wrote:Ok I voted JJJ and Scotty because I would like to see a dual between them, and they seem like they'd put up a good fight from what I know from their past games
This sounds like she thought that the two most voted people would have some sort of task to complete at the end of the day. I could go on a little more about this but I'd like Bubbles to come back and clarify her thinking here first. What were you thinking, Bubbles? What did the duelists have to do, did you think? What would happen in the end?
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:Do I even have to explain why this is bad?
Yes.
Don't trust this guy. Folks, we got another liar on our hands !

(c) Paid for by dom/Nju2016
Do I even need to explain why this is suspicious?

I don't like Dom's vote either. Not gonna quote it, because I don't feel like looking at huge chunks of text right now. I've written two reports in four days, with massive lack-of-tooth aches in between, if I might add. :srsnod:

3J did a good job of highlighting the relationship between Wilgy and the marmot. 3J, you mentioned that marmot voted Wilgy both for prefect and for the duel, though separately. Put them together, and I think it's suspicious for someone to vote to lynch someone the day after they tried to put them in power.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Post by MacDougall »

Scotty wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:

Mr. Big Mac, what was the result of that test you took eh?

You seem civ.
What makes him seem remotely civ to you?
I haven't seen Dom play like this before. He doesn't strike me as someone who would play this whimsically if he had a team agenda.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:Folks, don't trust Lyin' Scotty and Tricky Jay. Lyin' Scotty looked for an opportunity to seize power without any sort of content. Tricky Jay has used bad thinking all game. Not good, folks, not good.
I don't necessarily think you're bad Dom, I'd just like to have a conversation. What have I said or done that you haven't liked?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Sorsha wrote:Dom is making me laugh so I'm not voting for him.

I think I'm going to vote for two of the prefects. Jimmy, Scotty, INH... See who's the toughest.
I'm somewhat puzzled by this post of yours, Sorsha. You made this statement five hours out from EoD 1. You then proceeded to engage with (some might even say, 'antagonise') two of your potential nominees (Scotty and 3J) for the next half hour before leaving, saying that you intended to return but never did :shrug: I'm just wondering, did you change your mind? You seemed rather adamant to me - if there was some doubt about you returning before the deadline, why did you not cast your vote when you had the chance?

Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bubbles »

hi all to explain the last post, yeah i wasnt exactly sure what a duel was ! I figured it was just a battle of wits, where the players had to solve some kind of puzzle backstage or something to that effect, im just stupid didnt read through everything before hand, to be honest my heart is really not into mafia i probably shouldnt have signed up, if you guys are ok with it and if there's a replacement available i'll be happy to bow out otherwise just going to play in this way & hope you're okay with that
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bubbles wrote:hi all to explain the last post, yeah i wasnt exactly sure what a duel was ! I figured it was just a battle of wits, where the players had to solve some kind of puzzle backstage or something to that effect, im just stupid didnt read through everything before hand, to be honest my heart is really not into mafia i probably shouldnt have signed up, if you guys are ok with it and if there's a replacement available i'll be happy to bow out otherwise just going to play in this way & hope you're okay with that
I'm inclined to believe you Bubbles. I'm not sure it means you're town, but I don't think it means you're bad either.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

I believe bubbles entirely.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Nerolunar »

Glorfindel seems to go out of his way to say "my friend" in nearly every post. Is he projecting his usual friendly civ playstyle? :suspish: Also hey Matty :beer:

I forgot to vote yesterday, sorry about that.

Hey Jan! I didn't realize it was you. It is a pleasure playing with you :smile:
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

Bubbles wrote:hi all to explain the last post, yeah i wasnt exactly sure what a duel was ! I figured it was just a battle of wits, where the players had to solve some kind of puzzle backstage or something to that effect, im just stupid didnt read through everything before hand, to be honest my heart is really not into mafia i probably shouldnt have signed up, if you guys are ok with it and if there's a replacement available i'll be happy to bow out otherwise just going to play in this way & hope you're okay with that
I'm just worried that even though you thought it was going to be like that, you intended on either 3J or Scotty being lynched. Your reason came across as though the vote was just for pure entertainment value.

I can't confidently call it suspicious, though.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Glorfindel wrote:
Dom wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Given there was no NK, may we assume that Zhang Jiao is one of the non participating players in this game so far? Someone who perhaps didn't post from the latter part of Day 1 onwards perhaps?
This seems presuming !

What secrets do you know ? Or what do you want all of us-- the regular people-- to think?
This is not a matter of knowing any secrets, my friend - it's simple logic. If you can come up with another plausible explanation for the lack of ANY NK well, I'm listening...
Pang Tong
Strategist
Pang Tong likes to use trickery to confuse the enemy.
*Secrets*
Sima Yi
Strategist
A devious man, he is the primary strategist for the Wei faction.
*Secrets*
Zhang Jiao
Leader
The leader of the Yellow Turban Rebellion, he is able to summon the wind and rain.
*Secrets*
Zhang Bao
Strategist
The middle brother of the Yellow Turban Rebellion, he is able to summon apparitions.
*Secrets*
Zhang Liang
Strategist
The youngest brother of the Yellow Turban Rebellion, he is able to summon a rockslide.
*Secrets*
Dong Zhuo
Leader
This notorious warlord has an entourage of bodyguards, protecting him always from assassination.
Cannot be Night killed. Inherits the Yellow Turban kill.
Yuan Shao
Strategist
Military strategist and commander.
Each Night, Yuan Shao will attempt to recruit a warrior (anyone with BTSC cannot be recruited). He may recruit up to three warriors (one from each kingdom). *Secrets*
Lu Bu
Warrior
A most fearsome warrior, and rider of Red Hare.
By the third Night, Lu Bu must decide what faction he will fight for and achieve victory with. *Secrets*
Every intance of *secrets* in the setup is a way those kills could have been stopped.

Plus we know the serial killer is bulletproof.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh ffs Domald ninja'd me.

That's what I get for posting before I finish catching up.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Though tbh I missed the drunk guy, while Dom missed the SK.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Simon wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Simon wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey Simon, what do you like about Russtifinko?
Clearly I have no reasons. :disappoint:
You are a strange bird.

are you sure you're not a Fletchling?
No, I'm a gym leader training Mewtwo.
Did you really find the secret to catching Mewtwo in Pokemon Go?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote:(Has anyone tried to tell lorab or rabbit or soneji the game has started? It's been a while...)
I have. He didn't reply. He then went and started hosting a game on NF which he apparently is having a hard time juggling with his RL.

I can't speak for him, but it doesn't seem he's going to play this game.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh and the previous post is about Soneji
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I didn't like Russ's recent "Congratulations on lynching Wilgy, guys!" It doesn't feel honest.

I think I'm voting for him today.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I mean, this post itself isn't bad, but pile that up with the lack of other posts today and the already suspicious behavior from the previous days, and it feels like he's just coasting.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think Soneji will show up eventually. He's been here since the game started. He always seems to start silently.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Sorsha »

Glorfindel wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Dom is making me laugh so I'm not voting for him.

I think I'm going to vote for two of the prefects. Jimmy, Scotty, INH... See who's the toughest.
I'm somewhat puzzled by this post of yours, Sorsha. You made this statement five hours out from EoD 1. You then proceeded to engage with (some might even say, 'antagonise') two of your potential nominees (Scotty and 3J) for the next half hour before leaving, saying that you intended to return but never did :shrug: I'm just wondering, did you change your mind? You seemed rather adamant to me - if there was some doubt about you returning before the deadline, why did you not cast your vote when you had the chance?
I had places to go and things to do.... I thought I'd be back to vote and intended on voting but I don't know who I would have voted for. Scotty wasn't one of the prefects I'd have voted for so I probably would have voted to save him from the duel, not that he needed it apparently. I don't know if I'd have voted for prefects at all, I wanted to see whose feathers got ruffled, it does irk me a bit that INH promised to be an active player if he was prefect an he has now vanished.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think Soneji will show up eventually. He's been here since the game started. He always seems to start silently.
He makes a point to post a little as possible in the first few phases of any game, so there is that.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Dom wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Given there was no NK, may we assume that Zhang Jiao is one of the non participating players in this game so far? Someone who perhaps didn't post from the latter part of Day 1 onwards perhaps?
This seems presuming !

What secrets do you know ? Or what do you want all of us-- the regular people-- to think?
This is not a matter of knowing any secrets, my friend - it's simple logic. If you can come up with another plausible explanation for the lack of ANY NK well, I'm listening...
Pang Tong
Strategist
Pang Tong likes to use trickery to confuse the enemy.
*Secrets*
Sima Yi
Strategist
A devious man, he is the primary strategist for the Wei faction.
*Secrets*
Zhang Jiao
Leader
The leader of the Yellow Turban Rebellion, he is able to summon the wind and rain.
*Secrets*
Zhang Bao
Strategist
The middle brother of the Yellow Turban Rebellion, he is able to summon apparitions.
*Secrets*
Zhang Liang
Strategist
The youngest brother of the Yellow Turban Rebellion, he is able to summon a rockslide.
*Secrets*
Dong Zhuo
Leader
This notorious warlord has an entourage of bodyguards, protecting him always from assassination.
Cannot be Night killed. Inherits the Yellow Turban kill.
Yuan Shao
Strategist
Military strategist and commander.
Each Night, Yuan Shao will attempt to recruit a warrior (anyone with BTSC cannot be recruited). He may recruit up to three warriors (one from each kingdom). *Secrets*
Lu Bu
Warrior
A most fearsome warrior, and rider of Red Hare.
By the third Night, Lu Bu must decide what faction he will fight for and achieve victory with. *Secrets*
Every intance of *secrets* in the setup is a way those kills could have been stopped.

Plus we know the serial killer is bulletproof.
That is true DDL but of the eight instances of *secrets that you quoted from Dom's post, three belonged to the Yellow Turbans and I can't personally see them having/using a lynch stop power when they have one of two NKs each night. Another two of the characters nominated are Independents and I can't fathom how either of them might have a power that might do that... I'll accept my original statement on this matter may have been a little impetuous and naive but I don't think (that in a game with a player base of 37 right now when we had 50% of the players fail to vote EoD 1 and a considerable number still with minimal to no posts) it is necessarily prudent to exclude the possibility that player absence could've been a factor in the result we got at the end of the last Night phase.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I didn't like Russ's recent "Congratulations on lynching Wilgy, guys!" It doesn't feel honest.

Speaking of Russ:

Russ, it'd be groovy if you could talk to me about my Day 1 case against you. It's a new day and I am not one to cling to old material, but I need inspiration to change my mind. Let's chat. We've already talked some about the first point, so please focus on the other two.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Glorfindel wrote: That is true DDL but of the eight instances of *secrets that you quoted from Dom's post, three belonged to the Yellow Turbans and I can't personally see them having/using a lynch stop power when they have one of two NKs each night. Another two of the characters nominated are Independents and I can't fathom how either of them might have a power that might do that... I'll accept my original statement on this matter may have been a little impetuous and naive but I don't think (that in a game with a player base of 37 right now when we had 50% of the players fail to vote EoD 1 and a considerable number still with minimal to no posts) it is necessarily prudent to exclude the possibility that player absence could've been a factor in the result we got at the end of the last Night phase.
Nanmans try to kill Yellow Turban.

Yellow Turban has kill protection.

Nanman kill fails.

Don't limit yourself to "would they use it or not?" Think of passive abilities. Some roles are just hard to kill.
TheCapsFan
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by TheCapsFan »

I'm here. I came in about halfway through D1 and read the first part of the thread, but couldn't finish reading it before D1 ended because I had to write flavor for the game I'm hosting. Looks like we hit scum on our first lynch though, which is good.

I guess I can provide a little insight on an inactive player, leetic. He's sick and subbed out of my game, so I doubt that he'll be in this one.

I'm due for a reread. I'll try and come up with some thoughts on active players. Is there any way I can find the past vote count?

Also if anyone wants me to focus on anything specific during the reread, or if anyone wants my specific thoughts on a player or interaction, let me know.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Considering the visible differences between Nanman and the Yellow Turbans (two more players and much stronger dueling strength for the Nanman), I think it's probable that there is night kill protection somewhere among the Yellow Turban secrets. There aren't many better ways to attempt to re-balance those factions that I can think of. I suspect the secrets for the Turbans are extensive and powerful either way.

It's pretty speculative. I do agree with Glorfindel that there's a better-than-usual probability that at least one of the kills was missed, given the prevalence of quiet players and missed votes we've observed so far. With this many missed votes and quiet players, that's not an illogical deduction. It's not the only possibility, but it's a strong possibility. I'm not really sure how we'd be able to reliably determine which quiet players are the most suspicious quiet players at this point though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TheCapsFan wrote:I'm due for a reread. I'll try and come up with some thoughts on active players. Is there any way I can find the past vote count?
Here is a unique thread where all poll results are saved.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Considering the visible differences between Nanman and the Yellow Turbans (two more players and much stronger dueling strength for the Nanman), I think it's probable that there is night kill protection somewhere among the Yellow Turban secrets. There aren't many better ways to attempt to re-balance those factions that I can think of. I suspect the secrets for the Turbans are extensive and powerful either way.

It's pretty speculative. I do agree with Glorfindel that there's a better-than-usual probability that at least one of the kills was missed, given the prevalence of quiet players and missed votes we've observed so far. With this many missed votes and quiet players, that's not an illogical deduction. It's not the only possibility, but it's a strong possibility. I'm not really sure how we'd be able to reliably determine which quiet players are the most suspicious quiet players at this point though.
Every time a night 1 kill doesn't happen I see someone deduce that was because inactive players, and I have never seen that come true.

If the mafia has one active player, they will be able to send actions for others. So for this to come true the entire mafia would have to be inactive. That's statistically unlikely.

I'm willing to buy it if night kills keep not happening, but for now I'll just be thankful for our luck and keep playing the game normally.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I didn't like Russ's recent "Congratulations on lynching Wilgy, guys!" It doesn't feel honest.

Didn't he post something first, then followed up with "oh and good Lynch" or was that someone else.
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

JJJ why do you think some one would come out and call you bad in the right up?
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Bubbles and MM's votes smell the fishiest to me. I want to go back and investigate those.

Scotty my man, I'm sorry I ever doubted you. You are the hero we need. Please be my sensei.
So I was gonna say this wasn't true and Scotty could still be a Yellow Turban, but then I realized he would've likely lost his duel had he been. So I'm prepared to give Scotty some civ cred barring evidence to the contrary.
Who's to say I'm not on Wilgy's team? I mean, I'm not, but why exclude that as a possibility?

I appreciate the civ label because I am, but your defense of me is slightly hollow.

I could also be anything, and just rolled better than Wilgy, so this argument is not the best way to guard my alignment.
Even lyin' people get good ideas sometimes. :meany:

This thinking, it's not wrong, folks.

(c) Paid fo rby Dom/Nju 2016
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:JJJ why do you think some one would come out and call you bad in the right up?
The only person who knows the answer to that is the person who did it. I can do as much as guess:

This person suspects me to be bad, realizes that I tend to be difficult to lynch without behind-the-scenes influence, and tried to use his/her role power to motivate other people toward making that happen instead of compiling a case (which might genuinely be less effective for that objective).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote:So far my biggest suspicions are MM and Dom. I think JJJ made a good case for connections between MM and Wilgy, and Dom is not fully addressing the points made against him and, I suspect, hiding behind a posting gimmick.

Bubbles' votes seemed random, but not unusual for Bubbles. :shrug2:
Ha ! Crooked DFaraday. Sad.

To say I have hidden, behind some posting gimmick, I mean-- people, people, are we serious here? I have made plenty of good points with my very good brain. To swipe them aside and begin to say that I haven't addressed controversy is just wrong. It's wrong.

(c) Paid for by Dom/Nju 2016
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote:Actually, I think I misread Dom's statement a bit. He thinks Bass is good now, but didn't necessarily before. Still, no reasoning is given for any of this.
You must *misread* all of my statements, Crooked DFaraday. I set up a conditional where if Bass didn't follow through, then I would think he is bad. Skimming for reasons to suspect someone is skimming for reasons to suspect someone. ;)

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:Folks, don't trust Lyin' Scotty and Tricky Jay. Lyin' Scotty looked for an opportunity to seize power without any sort of content. Tricky Jay has used bad thinking all game. Not good, folks, not good.
I don't necessarily think you're bad Dom, I'd just like to have a conversation. What have I said or done that you haven't liked?
My distrust of you, Tricky Jay comes from you campaigning for yourself for prefect. That seems wildly out of character for you.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
My distrust of you, Tricky Jay comes from you campaigning for yourself for prefect. That seems wildly out of character for you.

I volunteered myself for prefect, but I did not campaign for prefect. Show me what you're talking about.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Expect gigantic MP catchup post some time within the next 24 hours. Probably towards the latter end of that spectrum though. It will happen.

Just realized the first day of Fall '16 isn't tomorrow, but Tuesday, so I don't have to teach my first class until Wednesday. I love teaching, but given my current time crunch, that was a pleasant surprise of extra time. :slick:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Dom

I'm also surprised to see any assertion that me deliberately pursuing a spotlight position in a game is "out of character". Are you confusing me with someone else? :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 16

Post by sig »

I don't think assuming no night kill = lurkers is a good idea. This seems like a good way to just duel through the lurkers and not have any responsibility if they flip civ. It could've just as easily been blocked, the killer might've been jailed, ect there is a never ending amount of things that could've happened to stop the kill. I believe it is to early to make an assumption that the killer was a non participating player. Having said that I do think Wilg y calling out Lorab was odd.'

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy had 4 votes in the prefect race. I found the posts denoting each of those votes:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I give my votes to DrWilgy and JaggedJimmyJay, in hopes they will perform as they did in Talking Heads mafia.

I'm leaving for a camping trip soon. I'll be back on Wednesday. Peace!
insertnamehere wrote:
leetic wrote:Voted for my fellow Bulbagardener as well as INH from my first game on this site.
Since nobody else submitted any gorgeous Steve Buscemi's Eyeballs to the thread, I'm gonna reward Wilgy and pay Leetic back with a tip of the hat and vote his way.
Bullzeye wrote:Scotty's pitch won me over. I am also voting Wilgy in honour of our epic Attack on Titan victory a while back. If Gleam were here I'd have voted the both of them.
Jan wrote:I'm voting for Sig and DrWilgy, both of whom I know.

Don't vote for me, people. I'm not familiar with the concept that much and I won't be very active probably either.
The reasons offered by MM and Bullzeye are both references to different Mafia games, which strikes me as a nice excuse to promote a team mate's candidacy for prefect. INH's vote was motivated by something totally random (Buscemi eyes), which alarms me a bit less. INH had less direct control over who would post Buscemi eyes. Jan limited his votes to people he knows, which may or may not be accurate (I dunno who he knows, this is my first game with him).

I think there's a decent chance a member of the Nanman team propped up Wilgy for prefect, and if that's the case I'd lean to MM or Bullzeye.
I disagree with you here JJJ how do we know INH's vote was random? Assuming they have BTSC Wilgy and INH could've easily preplanned this. I believe I mentioned that early in day 0 as well.

To address Nutella, I said multiple times I wouldn't be very active this game. I just moved into my dorm and college classes are staring soon plus I have other obligations.

I'm posting as I'm reading.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote:I disagree with you here JJJ how do we know INH's vote was random? Assuming they have BTSC Wilgy and INH could've easily preplanned this. I believe I mentioned that early in day 0 as well.
We don't "know" it was random, but I do think it's a higher probability of being random than MM's or Bullzeye's votes which were placed independent of any in-game conditions. Even if there's a BTSC plan to post Buscemi eyes, it's plausible for a townie to still post them first and screw that up. This doesn't exonerate INH; I just think his vote is less suspicious than the other two.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jan: are sig and DrWilgy the only players on this roster that you are familiar with?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Nerolunar wrote:Glorfindel seems to go out of his way to say "my friend" in nearly every post. Is he projecting his usual friendly civ playstyle? :suspish: Also hey Matty :beer:

I forgot to vote yesterday, sorry about that.

Hey Jan! I didn't realize it was you. It is a pleasure playing with you :smile:
No hello for Sig? :mad: :confused: :(
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
sig wrote:I disagree with you here JJJ how do we know INH's vote was random? Assuming they have BTSC Wilgy and INH could've easily preplanned this. I believe I mentioned that early in day 0 as well.
We don't "know" it was random, but I do think it's a higher probability of being random than MM's or Bullzeye's votes which were placed independent of any in-game conditions. Even if there's a BTSC plan to post Buscemi eyes, it's plausible for a townie to still post them first and screw that up. This doesn't exonerate INH; I just think his vote is less suspicious than the other two.

Okay, I think it is an equal probability, or it is possible that it is more likely for mafia to do that. True a townie could come in and screw it up, but I think that is highly unlikely. If it was planned ahead of time.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Turnip Head wrote:Bubbles and MM's votes smell the fishiest to me. I want to go back and investigate those.

Scotty my man, I'm sorry I ever doubted you. You are the hero we need. Please be my sensei.
Bubbles vote seems like regular Bubbles, I find Dom's votes and posts to be highly suspicious.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote:Okay, I think it is an equal probability, or it is possible that it is more likely for mafia to do that. True a townie could come in and screw it up, but I think that is highly unlikely. If it was planned ahead of time.
Frankly I think it's already unlikely that a baddie team decided in BTSC to concoct a "Buscemi eyes" scheme in the first place. The entire conversation starts with that complete speculation.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”