Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 2]

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:JJJ why do you think some one would come out and call you bad in the right up?
The only person who knows the answer to that is the person who did it. I can do as much as guess:

This person suspects me to be bad, realizes that I tend to be difficult to lynch without behind-the-scenes influence, and tried to use his/her role power to motivate other people toward making that happen instead of compiling a case (which might genuinely be less effective for that objective).
I'm not going to lie to you, right now you are a slight mafia read on my list, but that's because of of the volunteering a strong civ in a dual thing.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

As for Dom it seems like he is playing for fun and I haven't seen him use this tactic as a mafia member before so I'm leaning town.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Scotty who is on your short list to dual today.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I also I agree with Scotty why are people giving him civ cred for winning the dual? Couldn't he have just rolled better then the Doctor?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:Expect gigantic MP catchup post some time within the next 24 hours. Probably towards the latter end of that spectrum though. It will happen.

Just realized the first day of Fall '16 isn't tomorrow, but Tuesday, so I don't have to teach my first class until Wednesday. I love teaching, but given my current time crunch, that was a pleasant surprise of extra time. :slick:
I can't wait. What are your thoughts about my game so far?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:JJJ why do you think some one would come out and call you bad in the right up?
The only person who knows the answer to that is the person who did it. I can do as much as guess:

This person suspects me to be bad, realizes that I tend to be difficult to lynch without behind-the-scenes influence, and tried to use his/her role power to motivate other people toward making that happen instead of compiling a case (which might genuinely be less effective for that objective).
I'm not going to lie to you, right now you are a slight mafia read on my list, but that's because of of the volunteering a strong civ in a dual thing.
I can understand that people disagree with that strategy. I have not endorsed actually applying it yet myself either, it's a circumstantial thing. Do you suggest that there is no circumstance that could possibly happen in this game where it might be prudent to consider an alternative to the obvious suspect vs. suspect dynamic?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This phase is moving slower than I'd like. A baddie was eliminated on Day 1. Get excited folks.

For the moment my votes are most likely to fall on Metalmarsh and Russ. I'm wide open though; I just need people to get in here and say some dang things. Make posts. Be merry.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I've come around a lot on the dueling thing. I've now seen its merits. If we ever have a consensus mafia read, we should force them to challenge Scotty the People's Champion.

Metalmarsh89, would you like to duel Scotty?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:I've come around a lot on the dueling thing. I've now seen its merits. If we ever have a consensus mafia read, we should force them to challenge Scotty the People's Champion.

What? No. I thought we talked about this in the snowglobe of day 1 and we basically decided as a group that we should pit Mafia reads against Mafia reads. Y U do this, Veggie Head?

I may have won a fight, but I'm okay with letting that initial fight be my legacy. More like Sinead O'Connor, not like the Dixie Chicks.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Scotty who is on your short list to dual today.
As I said in my previous post, Dom and Bubbles.

Bubbles' post offering that she just votes how she votes as also serves as a way to hide behind it. That may be "just normal Bubbles" but I'm not a big proponent of following people's meta for alignment.

I could vote for TH just for attempting to prop me up to the wolves again- not by calling me bad, which I assume he was doing on day 1 to a certain extent, but because he wants to see if I really am the Girl On Fire

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I've come around a lot on the dueling thing. I've now seen its merits. If we ever have a consensus mafia read, we should force them to challenge Scotty the People's Champion.

What? No. I thought we talked about this in the snowglobe of day 1 and we basically decided as a group that we should pit Mafia reads against Mafia reads. Y U do this, Veggie Head?

I may have won a fight, but I'm okay with letting that initial fight be my legacy. More like Sinead O'Connor, not like the Dixie Chicks.
I want you to be all that you can be.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I want you to be all that you can be.
Thanks Mom

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:Folks, don't trust Lyin' Scotty and Tricky Jay. Lyin' Scotty looked for an opportunity to seize power without any sort of content. Tricky Jay has used bad thinking all game. Not good, folks, not good.
I don't necessarily think you're bad Dom, I'd just like to have a conversation. What have I said or done that you haven't liked?
My distrust of you, Tricky Jay comes from you campaigning for yourself for prefect. That seems wildly out of character for you.

(c) Paid for by Dom/Nju 2016
I mean I campaigned for prefect. Maybe he's confusing him for me? This explanation for voting me also does not satisfy me because it is an easy out and was made after the fact. Tell me how if you believe I attempted to seize power without content was levied with INH's ad campaign was any different.

Oh, also INH had been in Psych and is still MIA since Day 1. So what's up with that? I could vote him as my second pick.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ignoring my terribly written sentences I just wrote, I also must say so that Epi doesn't gouge his eyes out:

"Duel" is not the same as "dual". Dual is two. Duel is sparring. :beer:

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I can understand that people disagree with that strategy. I have not endorsed actually applying it yet myself either, it's a circumstantial thing. Do you suggest that there is no circumstance that could possibly happen in this game where it might be prudent to consider an alternative to the obvious suspect vs. suspect dynamic?
It could definitely be a strategy used down the road, but I think it's to early to do it.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey Marmot, please talk about those things I said about you related to Wilgy.
I don't have much to say about Wilgy. I would've liked to lick him myself, but I'm still pleased to see him slain.

What does it mean to be a prefect? Also, considering your vote total, why did you vote the way you did on Day 1?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey Marmot, please talk about those things I said about you related to Wilgy.
I don't have much to say about Wilgy. I would've liked to lick him myself, but I'm still pleased to see him slain.

What does it mean to be a prefect?
I'm not asking you to talk about Wilgy. I'm asking you to talk about the things I said about you at the start of this day phase.

Why are you asking me a question about being a prefect that you know I cannot answer?

Also, considering your vote total, why did you vote the way you did on Day 1?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Also JJJ, though I'm reading you as town right now, I was surprised to not see your votes used for self defense when you showed up at deadline.
Yeah I got here at literally XX:58 and had to phone vote, I didn't even look at the tally. I'm surprised I even got my votes in on time.
Checking the tally first might have prevented me from getting my votes in, it was that close. I didn't know I had received as many votes as I had when I placed mine. I kind of just had to throw my votes down without thinking, so I put 'em on the two suspects I had talked the most about on Day 1.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

EBWOP
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I'm not asking you to talk about Wilgy. I'm asking you to talk about the things I said about you at the start of this day phase.

Why are you asking me a question about being a prefect that you know I cannot answer?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also, considering your vote total, why did you vote the way you did on Day 1?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Also JJJ, though I'm reading you as town right now, I was surprised to not see your votes used for self defense when you showed up at deadline.
Yeah I got here at literally XX:58 and had to phone vote, I didn't even look at the tally. I'm surprised I even got my votes in on time.
Checking the tally first might have prevented me from getting my votes in, it was that close. I didn't know I had received as many votes as I had when I placed mine. I kind of just had to throw my votes down without thinking, so I put 'em on the two suspects I had talked the most about on Day 1.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:So, we have two baddie factions that are supposed to kill each night and neither of them did. Is an entire team filled with inactives? :grin:

There are obviously other possibilities, but this game is as lurker-loaded as anticipated so it could be.
I was thinking the same thing. And Epi usually accepts group PMs if I remember correctly, so even if there is one active player, they should be able to submit the kill, I would think anyway. However, we have to keep in mind all the secrets and other crap loaded into games like this. You never know what could have happened. Benefits were given out to the prefects as well as the winner of the Day 1 Duel. So....maybe one team was inactive and the other had something working against them. Not sure. But I am with you that there has to be at least some inactive baddies b/c there are so many inactives in the first place.

Also, I like your theory on MM.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm only sad that I couldn't face DrWilgy in a duel myself. :(

Nobody died, there are two mafia teams that can kill. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them missed their kill.

And in other news, JaggedJimmyJay is bad.
What's yer beef, Marmot?
Epignosis posted it, and he knows your role. :beer:
Shoot, I looked at that post from Epi and I thought....."whatever, moving on," There's probably something like a 90% chance that Zhuge Liang is wrong. MM, you're just having fun and stirring the pot :D

Oh my goodness....I am reading and making comments on posts and then I get to the bottom of the page and there are three more pages to go! I think I'll go watch some tv.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Also, considering your vote total, why did you vote the way you did on Day 1?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I don't know what you can talk about wert the prefect business. Thanks for clarifying.

You summarized (iso'd) DrWilgy's interactions with me, and called them iffy. Why are they iffy?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:So, we have two baddie factions that are supposed to kill each night and neither of them did. Is an entire team filled with inactives? :grin:

There are obviously other possibilities, but this game is as lurker-loaded as anticipated so it could be.
I was thinking the same thing. And Epi usually accepts group PMs if I remember correctly, so even if there is one active player, they should be able to submit the kill, I would think anyway. However, we have to keep in mind all the secrets and other crap loaded into games like this. You never know what could have happened. Benefits were given out to the prefects as well as the winner of the Day 1 Duel. So....maybe one team was inactive and the other had something working against them. Not sure. But I am with you that there has to be at least some inactive baddies b/c there are so many inactives in the first place.

Also, I like your theory on MM.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm only sad that I couldn't face DrWilgy in a duel myself. :(

Nobody died, there are two mafia teams that can kill. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them missed their kill.

And in other news, JaggedJimmyJay is bad.
What's yer beef, Marmot?
Epignosis posted it, and he knows your role. :beer:
Shoot, I looked at that post from Epi and I thought....."whatever, moving on," There's probably something like a 90% chance that Zhuge Liang is wrong. MM, you're just having fun and stirring the pot :D

Oh my goodness....I am reading and making comments on posts and then I get to the bottom of the page and there are three more pages to go! I think I'll go watch some tv.
I'm checking to see who's paying attention. Epignosis is our dear host, not a player in this game. ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Thanks for the vote explanation though Jay. I buy it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:You summarized (iso'd) DrWilgy's interactions with me, and called them iffy. Why are they iffy?
The reason you provided for voting Wilgy and I for prefect can be viewed with some doubt now that he's flipped as he has. I'll just copy/paste the rest.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here's a list of people who haven't posted yet:

Bubbles
LoRab
rabbit8
Soneji

Eventually, I want to have a showdown with DrWilgy though.
This Wilgy mention seems rather arbitrary.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I should just start playing like MM. He has more fun than I do.
Are you not having fun? :(

Stay determined friend.

DrWilgy wrote:
nutella wrote:Oh I also want to hear more from Wilgy. I feel like he's usually a lot more active than this, but I keep forgetting he's even in this game and I don't think that's a good sign. Likewise with sig, to a slightly lesser extent.
How could you forget about me LoRab? I was at work and had dnd night, but never left...
LoRab hasn't posted yet DrWilgy. Does that bother you?
Softball question which doesn't really have the potential to lead somewhere meaningful.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
nutella wrote:Oh I also want to hear more from Wilgy. I feel like he's usually a lot more active than this, but I keep forgetting he's even in this game and I don't think that's a good sign. Likewise with sig, to a slightly lesser extent.
How could you forget about me LoRab? I was at work and had dnd night, but never left...
wat

It's like you just woke up from a bad dream at precisely the time someone talks about you
Marmot friend told me in btsc that I was being talked about.

Im very suspicious of Lorab now that you mention it Marmot friend!
Wilgy plays WIFOM, projecting MM as his team mate. :ponder:
Quin raised a good point as well when he identified the counter-productivity of your voting behavior. You supported Wilgy in the prefect vote, and then you voted to put him in a duel and potentially die.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm pretty sold on voting MM unless something big changes my mind. Dunno what to do with my other vote, other than send Scotty as The Mountain to Marsh's Viper.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Or I could always vote myself so that I can duel the marmot and bring honor to my home.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:You summarized (iso'd) DrWilgy's interactions with me, and called them iffy. Why are they iffy?
The reason you provided for voting Wilgy and I for prefect can be viewed with some doubt now that he's flipped as he has. I'll just copy/paste the rest.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here's a list of people who haven't posted yet:

Bubbles
LoRab
rabbit8
Soneji

Eventually, I want to have a showdown with DrWilgy though.
This Wilgy mention seems rather arbitrary.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I should just start playing like MM. He has more fun than I do.
Are you not having fun? :(

Stay determined friend.

DrWilgy wrote:
LoRab hasn't posted yet DrWilgy. Does that bother you?
Softball question which doesn't really have the potential to lead somewhere meaningful.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
wat

It's like you just woke up from a bad dream at precisely the time someone talks about you
Marmot friend told me in btsc that I was being talked about.

Im very suspicious of Lorab now that you mention it Marmot friend!
Wilgy plays WIFOM, projecting MM as his team mate. :ponder:
Quin raised a good point as well when he identified the counter-productivity of your voting behavior. You supported Wilgy in the prefect vote, and then you voted to put him in a duel and potentially die.
Counterproductive? I can understand that explanation. How would you justify it?

If the lynches didn't turn out to be duels, I likely would not have voted DrWilgy on Day 1.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:Or I could always vote myself so that I can duel the marmot and bring honor to my home.
You declined yesterday. :meany:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scratch that, I've confused you with Russ, TH.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Or I could always vote myself so that I can duel the marmot and bring honor to my home.
If you vote for yourself, I will vote for Turnip Head.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
If you vote for yourself, I will vote for Turnip Head.
*shakes hand

Agreed. I'll vote later once I've decided who else to vote.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Counterproductive? I can understand that explanation. How would you justify it?
If the lynches didn't turn out to be duels, I likely would not have voted DrWilgy on Day 1.[/quote]

This post confuses me. I'll try to answer it in pieces.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Counterproductive? I can understand that explanation. How would you justify it?
Is this supposed to be "can't"? The question mark after "counterproductive" suggests to me that you're not in agreement with that term being used.

If not, I don't understand the need to justify my explanation if it is understood. You supported Wilgy to earn a unique distinction and then you helped get him killed. I'm trying to discern why those two truths coexist in this game.

If so, I'd like you to tell me why you felt your actions were the appropriate actions to take.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:If the lynches didn't turn out to be duels, I likely would not have voted DrWilgy on Day 1.
What does this mean?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head, what are your beefs with MM?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Turnip Head, what are your beefs with MM?
He made rude remarks about the size of my ancestors' bellies.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Yeah, you know, I'm just gonna lock this in: I'm definitely voting for Domald.

For my second vote, I've been stewing it over and am fine with voting MM. Wilgy's last remark about talking to MM in BTSC is something both of them would do as bad. I know MM would because in a game we played over in Bulba he outright said something like "I am totes bad lol" and I called his bluff to get him lynched day one, and we was indeed bad.

Plus he seems intent on becoming a gladiator, so I'll give him the honor he desires.

Jan
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Jan »

I would like to see one out of Metalmarsh89 and Turnip Head gone. I think I'm voting both.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
If the lynches didn't turn out to be duels, I likely would not have voted DrWilgy on Day 1.
This post confuses me. I'll try to answer it in pieces.
Is this supposed to be "can't"? The question mark after "counterproductive" suggests to me that you're not in agreement with that term being used.

If not, I don't understand the need to justify my explanation if it is understood. You supported Wilgy to earn a unique distinction and then you helped get him killed. I'm trying to discern why those two truths coexist in this game.

If so, I'd like you to tell me why you felt your actions were the appropriate actions to take.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:If the lynches didn't turn out to be duels, I likely would not have voted DrWilgy on Day 1.
What does this mean?[/quote]

No, it's supposed to be a can. But for those of you calling it counterproductive, how do you interpret my reasoning for it? Why do you consider it vote-worthy?

I voted for prefects on my way out the door for a camping trip. I didn't know how the lynches were going to work, and I guess I had a different mindset when I returned. Additionally, I wanted to duel Wilgy. Had there been no duels, I don't think I'd have voted Wilgy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Top candidates for my votes are MM, Dom, and maybe Russ or Bubbles. MM is looking more and more suspicious to me, I already bought JJJ's case and now all of MM's responses are rather disturbingly cavalier and many of his recent posts I have found suspicious in and of themselves. Earlier I said I didn't like either Dom's or Bubbles' votes; I'm pretty convinced that Bubbles is being her usual self but that doesn't preclude her being bad. Dom is just being incredibly annoying and not really providing sufficient content imo due to his obnoxious posting gimmick, and I am still perplexed by his voting behavior. And I'm keeping Russ on my list as well, since he hasn't given me a great impression overall, and I look forward to seeing what he has to contribute today.

Speaking of contributing, there are numerous players I would love to hear more from. INH, Niju, Bullz, Dunny, Timmer... where you at?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Soooooo....I may have not noticed my role PM. Thanks Juliets for letting me know I missed the start of the game! Now, to catch up.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

Dom's responses haven't made him look better to me. I'm going to go ahead and vote Dom and MM.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Glorfindel »

Jan wrote:I would like to see one out of Metalmarsh89 and Turnip Head gone. I think I'm voting both.
Hey, Jan :) I was wondering if you had any rationale for your votes? Sorry if you did and I missed it... :shrug:
By the way, it's awesome to be playing with you again old friend :bighug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by reywaS »

I miss playing with you guys. :(
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

reywaS wrote:I miss playing with you guys. :(
The feeling is mutual.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

reywaS wrote:I miss playing with you guys. :(
You should certainly sign up for one. We've got a couple cooking right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't think I find Dom especially suspicious. His approach might be frustrating, but I wouldn't call it baddie-indicative. I don't think he's hiding behind his Trump gimmick (accusations like that nearly always fall flat in my experience). He could perhaps do more to explain his actions, but if he was bad I think he probably would do that. It isn't like it's hard.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:No, it's supposed to be a can. But for those of you calling it counterproductive, how do you interpret my reasoning for it? Why do you consider it vote-worthy?

I voted for prefects on my way out the door for a camping trip. I didn't know how the lynches were going to work, and I guess I had a different mindset when I returned. Additionally, I wanted to duel Wilgy. Had there been no duels, I don't think I'd have voted Wilgy.
Talk about the other points I made. I'll give you some direct questions:

Why did you bring up LoRab when you conversed with Wilgy?

Do you think it's fair for people to suspect that you and Wilgy are both buckets of WIFOM and that his painting you as his team mate shouldn't just be discarded?

Why did you want to duel Wilgy?

Did you want to duel Scotty?

Were you trying to capitalize on me being called a baddie by the messenger town role at the start of Day 2?

Who are your suspects?

Do you prefer green beans or wax beans? Is this the interrogation room?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jan
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Jan »

Glorfindel wrote:
Jan wrote:I would like to see one out of Metalmarsh89 and Turnip Head gone. I think I'm voting both.
Hey, Jan :) I was wondering if you had any rationale for your votes? Sorry if you did and I missed it... :shrug:
By the way, it's awesome to be playing with you again old friend :bighug:
They're the loudest out of everyone else. I was actually considering JJJ as well, but this message sent to the GM smells of a scumplay. Idk.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Did you want to duel Scotty?
Disregard. I thought your other vote was on Scotty, but it was on TH.

Did you want to duel TH?

If you wanted to duel Wilgy, why didn't you self-vote?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Actually I do have one ping for Dom.
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:Folks, don't trust Lyin' Scotty and Tricky Jay. Lyin' Scotty looked for an opportunity to seize power without any sort of content. Tricky Jay has used bad thinking all game. Not good, folks, not good.
I don't necessarily think you're bad Dom, I'd just like to have a conversation. What have I said or done that you haven't liked?
My distrust of you, Tricky Jay comes from you campaigning for yourself for prefect. That seems wildly out of character for you.

(c) Paid for by Dom/Nju 2016
I'll channel our host here. That's more suspicious than the average adverb. I also don't know why someone who has played Mafia with me before is saying it's out of character for me to make myself the center of attention.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I won't be here for the rest of the phase so I'll vote now.

Russ for reasons already stated.

MM because I pretty much agree with Jay's vote analysis on him and this is MM so I don't expect to be able to read anything more from him.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

I've not entirely excluded MP from my suspicion pool but I don't have anything new to adjust my read yet, and I don't want to tunnel based off of a Day 1 ping. I'll give him more time.

One of my votes will be going to marmot. I find it interesting that he's being defensive against 3J about his counter-productive Wilgy votes, rather than being pro-active and questioning me, who was the one who put that part of the argument together. I don't think he's tried to scum hunt at all since he came under fire.

I'm also voting Dom, based on the ping I got from an earlier post (just ISO me - I also mention the marmot there). He abandoned a discussion about something he thought was so clearly suspicious when prodded.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”