Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 4]

Post by Quin »

Turnip Head wrote:
Quin wrote:Hey losers, guess who just took the top spot for in-thread post count. This guy.

Well, except for 3J. He still has twice my post count and he died two phases ago. :|
And look what happened to him. Good luck with all that :beer:
:mafia:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 0]

Post by Sloonei »

Dunny wrote:I have seen a lot of people post that JJJ is an obvious choice.
Can someone fill me in as to why thats an obvious choice or is it because JJJ is an active player?
This is the context of DDL's original "I don't trust Jay" stance. Dunny is talking about voting for prefects (i still haven't figured out what that means), not voting declaring anyone a town read.
I'm not sure I interpret this as indicating anything for DDL's alignment. He always plays with a bit of firm and aggressive stance, especially early on, so I can see a town Luffy just wanting to get this thought out there for the uninitiated. I still have some doubts about the sincerity of this stance though.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Dunny wrote:I have seen a lot of people post that JJJ is an obvious choice.
Can someone fill me in as to why thats an obvious choice or is it because JJJ is an active player?
This is the context of DDL's original "I don't trust Jay" stance. Dunny is talking about voting for prefects (i still haven't figured out what that means), not voting declaring anyone a town read.
I'm not sure I interpret this as indicating anything for DDL's alignment. He always plays with a bit of firm and aggressive stance, especially early on, so I can see a town Luffy just wanting to get this thought out there for the uninitiated. I still have some doubts about the sincerity of this stance though.
3J, Scotty and INH are our prefects. Whatever benefit they gained from this is still up in the air. I wonder if even they know, going by what I've read of their posts.

I remember Luffy being this sort of controversial player in Turf Wars, and I'm definitely seeing hints of that in this - but I don't think he came off as genuine in this case.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Honestly the fact JJJ is such an active civ is one reason for me to put him on my "do not trust" list, not the opposite.

Specially sice I've seen him admit he tries hard to make his baddie meta as civ-looking as possible.
I'm not sure I really understand your point. I think most people are voting JJJ because: #1) He is a thorough player and #2) He is an active player and we know he won't flake on us a few days in.

And, don't we ALL try to make our baddie meta as "civ-looking" as possible? I've never known anyone to get a baddie role and try to look bad...well, except maybe MovingPictures that one time :p
Not exactly. We want our bad metas to look like our civ metas, but a lot of us have civ metas not as thorough or pro-active as they can be, so the baddie counterpart to those metas are easier to make. We don't look that good all the time, so when we actually are bad, people don't detect it that easily.

But Jay? Like you said, he is the perfect civ. He is the town leader, the pro-active guy, the king of TL;DRs. And he tries to make his baddie meta look exactly like that (Ive never seen it myself, but he has described it that way). And that makes him a more dangerous baddie than most. Its harder to pull that metaboff successfully, but if he does it, we have a problem.

So I tend to be paranoid and avoid easily trustingnplayers like him. A good parallel to that is Marco from my forum, who plays a similar way.
This post makes me uneasy. His paranoia about Jay is bordering on malicious, almost. It gives the impression that he's trying to sow paranoia more than he's trying to provoke level-headedness.

Hey DDL, what was your read on Jay during his time in the game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Anyone know what role a prefect would serve in the flavor of this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:Anyone know what role a prefect would serve in the flavor of this game?
It crossed my mind that they might be able to win all their duels. But I don't feel great about testing that theory.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

That conflicts with Dong Zhuo's role, though. It'd essentially make him unkillable.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

LoRab wrote:You mischaracterize the accusations on you. It wasn't just voting for MM, it was about you buddying up before that. And his voting for you for prefect.
I forgot to mention - THIS NEVER HAPPENED. MM voted Wilgy for prefect. He did not vote me for prefect. He voted for me on Day 1. I mean I just feel like this is a really big difference that you missed here so please recheck your facts.
LoRab wrote:You weren't lynched because it was realized you were silenced. And the votes for you didn't come at the elevnth hour--they were coming in throughout. You're painting the last lynch in a way that it didn't happen.
As I have already said, I read everything. As it was happening. Completely unable to believe my eyes. I know exactly when I got votes and how they influenced the vote tallies. I know who didn't vote for me because I was silenced - that would be you and nutella. Scotty said "So what if he's silenced?" And the other three said nothing at all, and it was AFTER you said you weren't voting for me.

I'm painting the lynch exactly how I experienced it, from my POV, how I perceived it... and tbh I'd have no reason to paint it in a false light even if I was bad so I don't know why this is even important.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

sloonei, what do you make of TH's overall reactiveness today?

Stuff like saying all the rational people are dead so he will probably just be lynched... town or mafia post?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

Also, fwiw, I don't intend to vote TH today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Turnip Head wrote:
LoRab wrote:You mischaracterize the accusations on you. It wasn't just voting for MM, it was about you buddying up before that. And his voting for you for prefect.
I forgot to mention - THIS NEVER HAPPENED. MM voted Wilgy for prefect. He did not vote me for prefect. He voted for me on Day 1. I mean I just feel like this is a really big difference that you missed here so please recheck your facts.
LoRab wrote:You weren't lynched because it was realized you were silenced. And the votes for you didn't come at the elevnth hour--they were coming in throughout. You're painting the last lynch in a way that it didn't happen.
As I have already said, I read everything. As it was happening. Completely unable to believe my eyes. I know exactly when I got votes and how they influenced the vote tallies. I know who didn't vote for me because I was silenced - that would be you and nutella. Scotty said "So what if he's silenced?" And the other three said nothing at all, and it was AFTER you said you weren't voting for me.

I'm painting the lynch exactly how I experienced it, from my POV, how I perceived it... and tbh I'd have no reason to paint it in a false light even if I was bad so I don't know why this is even important.
Unrelated, but this made me realise I made a mistake earlier in an ISO I did on Boomslang. I said he voted TH for prefect and said all this stuff about how TH was under scrutiny so it was iffy but he actually voted INH :rolleyes:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Turnip Head wrote:@Sloomei: I think what happened is no one gave him the Cliff Notes and he was like "Okay well fuck this then." If he was a baddie, I might have expected him to proceed with Option 2 and try to get his head in the game. But hell if I'm gonna be able to make a read based on that.

Linki @Lorab: it's like you didn't even read the links I posted about me and MM. I probably would have played similarly if I was bad with him, I fully admit that. But I've had this rapport with him over many games and the only one where I was on his team, I wasnt even aware of it because my role prevented me from knowing my teammates.

So if you lynch me based on MM being bad, in games where I've bantered with him on Day 1, according to historical record, you would be right like 1 out of like 10 times, and even then it would only be a freak accident that you were right :beer: MAYBE THAT'S WHY I DID IT :feb:

But remain unconvinced if you wish. You and I have plenty of history too Lorab, and I've learned better than to stress over your read of me :workit:
I read all of the links. Yes, the 2 of you joke about voting for each other day 1 in every game. That's not what I suspect you for. Show me another game where during a day 1 lynch, one of you semi-jokingly pegs the other as a neutral read and then the other jokes that you must be teammates as a result.

It's this post that made my eyebrow crick:
Turnip Head wrote:It's pretty suspicious that I am the marmot's only neutral read. I wonder if I am his teammate.
That isn't your normal pattern. Yes, you banter, but it's you're always bad on day 1 banter. Not, hey, lol, we're teammates banter.

And yes, don't stress over my read of you. No one ever listens to me anyway, tbh. But I still make my opinions known.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 3]

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:People are focusing too much on the nanman and forgetting web have a second mafia to deal with. And a cult. And a serial killer.
DDL's last post. I don't mind the nudge for people to stay focused. I'm not sure I saw any strong levels of concentration on one baddie team to another, but like I've said a few times, that's hardly something that has been on my mind at all so I could simply be oblivious.

I do not like the silence since this post. At this point it's probably Life things, but some sort of comment on something would be nice. I trust that he'll be back with plenty to say soon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Turnip Head wrote:

Thank you for pointing that out. You could have said it earlier. Now I need to go back and check who had said that in the thread first. It is not something I made up, but something that someone else had said and I repeated.

And it's only important in the way that you're painting the lynch and the aftermath of it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I mean... that post was a joke. :shrug2: I don't know what else to say about it except that it was very clearly a joke.
I also don't believe you read all the links because the very first one links to the "Don't click this topic" game and by that game's rules you'd have to post and admit that I made ya look
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Turnip Head wrote:I mean... that post was a joke. :shrug2: I don't know what else to say about it except that it was very clearly a joke.
I also don't believe you read all the links because the very first one links to the "Don't click this topic" game and by that game's rules you'd have to post and admit that I made ya look
Would you expect a reasonable person to comment here about you linking to the 'don't click this topic' game? Even in passing?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:sloonei, what do you make of TH's overall reactiveness today?

Stuff like saying all the rational people are dead so he will probably just be lynched... town or mafia post?
I like him. Everything he's saying is believable and sensible. He seems exasperated at the way yesterday unfolded in front of him while he couldn't say a word. If this is a scum ploy I applaud him for it.
Haven't made up my mind on how LoRab looks in all this. But there were also other TH voters who aren't here presently.

What was your thought process in choosing which bandwagons you would join yesterday?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Quin wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I mean... that post was a joke. :shrug2: I don't know what else to say about it except that it was very clearly a joke.
Would you expect a reasonable person to comment here about you linking to the 'don't click this topic' game? Even in passing?
This is going to be one of those questions that I ignore.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Turnip Head wrote:
Quin wrote:
Well that's no fun.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:
Quin wrote:
What about this one?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I did read them all. And I rolled my eyes at the figurative rick roll. And chose not to play that game.

And yes, I'm not denying it was a joke. But jokes aren't necessarily innocent. Heck, I'm the reason that there's a rule that anything in OT green is necessarily off topic, because a few players and I used green text as a civ code in a game once (back in the early days of OT green....Supermarket Mafia on LP, if anyone actually cares to go look it up). Point being, things are not always what they seem. A joke can have deeper meaning and shouldn't always be written off because it's a joke. And, my whole point that made that post ping my suspiciometer is the fact that it was a joke. But I think it was a jokey post that was also an inside joke.

I think it was a joke that you were also laughing about in BTSC.

Listen, I get that you're frustrated. Although the tone of your defense also has me further suspecting you. I notice patterns. It's how I view the world. When something is off in a pattern, I notice it. Your joke was off in your usual pattern of banter.

And I may have been wrong about votes for prefect (again, sorry about that...looking back, I think I just misread someone else's post and didn't fact check). But I could also see MM voting for 2 teammates on the first lynch. You because he always votes you day 1 and Wilgy for the particular shits and giggles of voting for 2 teammates.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote:
I did read them all. And I rolled my eyes at the figurative rick roll. And chose not to play that game.

And yes, I'm not denying it was a joke. But jokes aren't necessarily innocent. Heck, I'm the reason that there's a rule that anything in OT green is necessarily off topic, because a few players and I used green text as a civ code in a game once (back in the early days of OT green....Supermarket Mafia on LP, if anyone actually cares to go look it up). Point being, things are not always what they seem. A joke can have deeper meaning and shouldn't always be written off because it's a joke. And, my whole point that made that post ping my suspiciometer is the fact that it was a joke. But I think it was a jokey post that was also an inside joke.

Listen, I get that you're frustrated. Although the tone of your defense also has me further suspecting you. I notice patterns. It's how I view the world. When something is off in a pattern, I notice it. Your joke was off in your usual pattern of banter.

And I may have been wrong about votes for prefect (again, sorry about that...looking back, I think I just misread someone else's post and didn't fact check). But I could also see MM voting for 2 teammates on the first lynch. You because he always votes you day 1 and Wilgy for the particular shits and giggles of voting for 2 teammates.
Who's your second biggest scum read, independent of all things Turnip related?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 3]

Post by Glorfindel »

LoRab wrote:So after that lynch, this post from Glorf I'm reading in a different light:
Glorfindel wrote:I don't know if anyone has made this observation yet but I'll go ahead anyway - If someone has, please accept my most sincere apologies.

I was going back looking at MM's votes during his somewhat limited time with us and would like to make the following observations:

Day 1: MM's votes for Day 1 were on: Dr Wilgy (21) and Turnip Head (22). I obviously don't know MM as well as most of you but is it really THAT likely that he would've voted for TWO of his Nanman team mates on Day 1 :shrug: From an outsider's perspective, I should think it somewhat unlikely - which on balance is a better look for TH. I'm happy to reconsider this if anyone would like to offer an alternate opinion.

Day 2: MM was the last to cast his votes for Dom (54) and Russtifinko (55). Prior to placing his votes, Russ was 'runner-up' wagon on 7 votes. The next highest wagon was timmer on 6 votes. So assuming MM's vote was a 'hail Mary' self preservation vote, wouldn't it have been more logical for him to have voted the next highest wagons (Russ and timmer) than to place his vote on Dom? Admittedly, timmer's last vote (6) was made immediately before MM's (by Nutella) but I wonder what conclusions could be drawn from that? The vote for Dom was on a slow burn from the beginning of the Day phase (starting on vote (5) and followed by votes (9), (13), (23) and (43). In comparison, timmer's vote was meteoric - picking up 6 votes in a matter of hours (votes (26), (31), (33), (41), (48) and (53). If self preservation were his goal, I'd have thought MM would've voted timmer before Dom :shrug:
It looks like a whole bunch of smoke and mirrors to get people to turn away from TH and towards Russ. I know this post was influential in m own thinking about Timmer. I can't help but wonder if this wasn't the push of a baddie to get a lynch train going at the top of the hill so that it could speed up on its own.

More suspish of TH now. Starting to be suspish of Glorf.

Can someone summarize why people are suspicious of Sorsha?
LoRab, for the record, I made an observation based on the facts as I saw them before me and placed my vote on an interpretaion on those facts. I take responsibility for that. If you (or anyone else) regards me as suspicious for actually trying to contribute in this game, so be it. I'm still learning a lot about playing these games and even I would feel less suspicious of someone genuinely trying to contribute than what I've seen so far this game from some other players.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I understand that jokes can sometimes be more than jokes, but also sometimes they're just jokes, and it's just such an innocuous thing that I think it should be a part of the Turnip Head equation and not the whole entire equation. Enrique came after me in the Arkham game based on a joke post and I was the goddamned Batman.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

LoRab wrote:Listen, I get that you're frustrated. Although the tone of your defense also has me further suspecting you. I notice patterns. It's how I view the world. When something is off in a pattern, I notice it. Your joke was off in your usual pattern of banter
It's funny because we've played a gazillion games together and I think we still have no idea how to read each other.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Turnip Head wrote:I understand that jokes can sometimes be more than jokes, but also sometimes they're just jokes, and it's just such an innocuous thing that I think it should be a part of the Turnip Head equation and not the whole entire equation. Enrique came after me in the Arkham game based on a joke post and I was the goddamned Batman.
If I ever come around to voting you in this game, it will not be because of a joke post.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Quin wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I understand that jokes can sometimes be more than jokes, but also sometimes they're just jokes, and it's just such an innocuous thing that I think it should be a part of the Turnip Head equation and not the whole entire equation. Enrique came after me in the Arkham game based on a joke post and I was the goddamned Batman.
If I ever come around to voting you in this game, it will not be because of a joke post.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm going to return to this tomorrow with a more objective perspective.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

a rainbow list:

Turnip Head

some other people.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hello Glorfindel, I wrote a post about you
Sloonei wrote:I was looking at some of the timmer voters overnight and a found a few questionable things in Glorfindel’s history. First, These two posts represent his only noteworthy contribution to the Day 1 proceedings, and all he is doing is rejecting a voting strategy proposed by others. He does not propose anything of his own and I see no commitment to anything, really. Looks like Glorfindel spent most of the day in the shadows and then stepped out late to position himself against what could be perceived as a bad lynch (Bubbles, aka me, voting for JJJ and Scotty. I assume Jay was town and have no read on Scotty at this point).

That’s one thing. I read that and was feeling a mild tingle, but then I got to his next string of posts and the tingling intensified.
There’s no nightkill Night 1, so Glorfindel immediately jumps to the conclusion that there’s an inactive scum who simply forgot to submit the kill and then proposes the strategy, which he’s normally against, of lynching quiet players because of this. On the following page people started pointing out all the numerous other ways that a nightkill could be prevented, but Glorfindel doubled down on the “inactive scum” theory, even suggesting it’s the most logical explanation. I would not say it is logical to assume that every single scum player (if any scum player is capable of submitting a factional kill, idk how Epi’s doing it this game) simply forgot that there was a responsibility to submit a kill on Night 1, rather than the list of other possible explanations (doctor, unkillable role, roleblocks, etc.). Glorfindel sort of acknowledged this here but also stuck to his guns.

What do y’all think of this? I am not at all familiar with Glorfindel’s playstyle, so any useful knowledge there would be helpful.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:

Who's your second biggest scum read, independent of all things Turnip related?
Independent of that? Jan and CapsFan have both made some really circumspect posts that I think deem examination. Bass's hey vote for me, followed up by asking why no one commented on that is also worthy of hmmm-ness. Also, even independent of TH, Glorf's multiple posts about the lack of kills making low/non-participators suspicious is also pingy to me.
Glorfindel wrote:
LoRab wrote:So after that lynch, this post from Glorf I'm reading in a different light:
Glorfindel wrote:I don't know if anyone has made this observation yet but I'll go ahead anyway - If someone has, please accept my most sincere apologies.

I was going back looking at MM's votes during his somewhat limited time with us and would like to make the following observations:

Day 1: MM's votes for Day 1 were on: Dr Wilgy (21) and Turnip Head (22). I obviously don't know MM as well as most of you but is it really THAT likely that he would've voted for TWO of his Nanman team mates on Day 1 :shrug: From an outsider's perspective, I should think it somewhat unlikely - which on balance is a better look for TH. I'm happy to reconsider this if anyone would like to offer an alternate opinion.

Day 2: MM was the last to cast his votes for Dom (54) and Russtifinko (55). Prior to placing his votes, Russ was 'runner-up' wagon on 7 votes. The next highest wagon was timmer on 6 votes. So assuming MM's vote was a 'hail Mary' self preservation vote, wouldn't it have been more logical for him to have voted the next highest wagons (Russ and timmer) than to place his vote on Dom? Admittedly, timmer's last vote (6) was made immediately before MM's (by Nutella) but I wonder what conclusions could be drawn from that? The vote for Dom was on a slow burn from the beginning of the Day phase (starting on vote (5) and followed by votes (9), (13), (23) and (43). In comparison, timmer's vote was meteoric - picking up 6 votes in a matter of hours (votes (26), (31), (33), (41), (48) and (53). If self preservation were his goal, I'd have thought MM would've voted timmer before Dom :shrug:
It looks like a whole bunch of smoke and mirrors to get people to turn away from TH and towards Russ. I know this post was influential in m own thinking about Timmer. I can't help but wonder if this wasn't the push of a baddie to get a lynch train going at the top of the hill so that it could speed up on its own.

More suspish of TH now. Starting to be suspish of Glorf.

Can someone summarize why people are suspicious of Sorsha?
LoRab, for the record, I made an observation based on the facts as I saw them before me and placed my vote on an interpretaion on those facts. I take responsibility for that. If you (or anyone else) regards me as suspicious for actually trying to contribute in this game, so be it. I'm still learning a lot about playing these games and even I would feel less suspicious of someone genuinely trying to contribute than what I've seen so far this game from some other players.
Your post read, to me, in retrospect, like you were pushing an agenda. And I base suspicion on what I notice about posts, not about how much a person contributes. Baddies try to appear to contribute. They just are contributing towards false aims. A player does not seem more or less suspicious based on how much they are participating. I regard you as suspicious because of the content of your posts, not because you are posting in the game.
Someone else noticing something in a different game doesn't mean that something being noticed in this game isn't valid.

And yes, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. But sometimes, there's also a blue dress. (no political commentary intended, and for those that know my politics, you know that commentary wasn't intended...just making an analogy)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@LoRab, I've also felt some suspicion of CapsFan. I even voted for him at the end of the day yesterday. Let's talk about that! What posts of his did you find suspicious?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote:Hello Glorfindel, I wrote a post about you
Sloonei wrote:I was looking at some of the timmer voters overnight and a found a few questionable things in Glorfindel’s history. First, These two posts represent his only noteworthy contribution to the Day 1 proceedings, and all he is doing is rejecting a voting strategy proposed by others. He does not propose anything of his own and I see no commitment to anything, really. Looks like Glorfindel spent most of the day in the shadows and then stepped out late to position himself against what could be perceived as a bad lynch (Bubbles, aka me, voting for JJJ and Scotty. I assume Jay was town and have no read on Scotty at this point).

That’s one thing. I read that and was feeling a mild tingle, but then I got to his next string of posts and the tingling intensified.
There’s no nightkill Night 1, so Glorfindel immediately jumps to the conclusion that there’s an inactive scum who simply forgot to submit the kill and then proposes the strategy, which he’s normally against, of lynching quiet players because of this. On the following page people started pointing out all the numerous other ways that a nightkill could be prevented, but Glorfindel doubled down on the “inactive scum” theory, even suggesting it’s the most logical explanation. I would not say it is logical to assume that every single scum player (if any scum player is capable of submitting a factional kill, idk how Epi’s doing it this game) simply forgot that there was a responsibility to submit a kill on Night 1, rather than the list of other possible explanations (doctor, unkillable role, roleblocks, etc.). Glorfindel sort of acknowledged this here but also stuck to his guns.

What do y’all think of this? I am not at all familiar with Glorfindel’s playstyle, so any useful knowledge there would be helpful.
Indeed you did, my friend. It was addressed (rather obvious;y to every other player in this game) not to me. I expressed an opinion to explain what I thought was (in a game this size) the rather odd occurrence of there being no NK Night 1. Others expressed their views and I accept the validity of them. As I said earlier, I may very well have been naive in my assumption but from my perspective, in a game of 38 players, I should think that equally, the odds of both NKs being negated through role blocks, etc would be pretty long. Again, it's just an opinion.

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote:@LoRab, I've also felt some suspicion of CapsFan. I even voted for him at the end of the day yesterday. Let's talk about that! What posts of his did you find suspicious?
I also voted for him yesterday.

His whole, vote for me pinged me. And then when he was questioned, he sort of just dropped it. Other than, "It's better than doing nothicn," which makes no sense from a civ perspective.

His posts about Dom seemed off--I understand reading Dom as civ if you know him--but I'm not sure someone relatively new to this field of mafia would read the way Dom is playing as civ game play. (I am currently undecided on Dom)

And his evasive answers about how he plans to votes and what he's thinking.

linkitis: I think if someone makes a post about a player, it is, at least in part, addressed to that player. Or at the very least has the expectation of being responded to by that player when it lays out suspicion of them.

In the mafia background that you come from, are posts usually only answered by the people to whom they are directly addressed? That seems odd to me, as it is the polar opposite of what I am used to. Honest question.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote:
nutella wrote:Damn. Sorry Timmer and RIP Rico.

I am inclined to go after Sorsha and TH today especially considering Eloh's implication. Russ is still up there for me as well.
This feels a bit fake to me.
Why?

OK, TH, that post you came in with felt pretty genuine to me, so I might give you more of a chance today. I did like Lorab's and Sloonei's points against Glorfindel, but a fair amount of that sort of hinged on TH also being bad and I'm not feeling sure enough about that. I could see reading Glorfindel as bad even without that condition though, tbh. Might ISO him today. At the least, I remember (a) finding it odd when he brought up just one of the mafia leaders in his reaction to both teams' lack of night 1 kill, and (b) not really liking his day 2 vote.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@LoRab, I've also felt some suspicion of CapsFan. I even voted for him at the end of the day yesterday. Let's talk about that! What posts of his did you find suspicious?
I also voted for him yesterday.

His whole, vote for me pinged me. And then when he was questioned, he sort of just dropped it. Other than, "It's better than doing nothicn," which makes no sense from a civ perspective.

His posts about Dom seemed off--I understand reading Dom as civ if you know him--but I'm not sure someone relatively new to this field of mafia would read the way Dom is playing as civ game play. (I am currently undecided on Dom)

And his evasive answers about how he plans to votes and what he's thinking.

linkitis: I think if someone makes a post about a player, it is, at least in part, addressed to that player. Or at the very least has the expectation of being responded to by that player when it lays out suspicion of them.

In the mafia background that you come from, are posts usually only answered by the people to whom they are directly addressed? That seems odd to me, as it is the polar opposite of what I am used to. Honest question.
I am in strong agreement with you on all these things RE: CapsFan. He's a player I would love to hear more from this phase, because right now he's not looking too great but I'd like to think he can turn that around.

And @ glorfindel, yeah. My bad for not making it clear, but any post I make about you is also being addressed to you. I was inviting everyone to talk about that post, and I count you as one of the everys. Responding to your response in another post.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

I've been keeping my own maps of the EoD voting results that (I think) are a little more reader friendly than Ricochet's version which I'm happy to post but I'm not sure they will post properly... Let me test it and see if it works...

OK, it appears not. If anyone thinks it's worthwhile and has a clue how I can post it so it shows in it's entirety, I'm all ears...

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote:

Indeed you did, my friend. It was addressed (rather obvious;y to every other player in this game) not to me. I expressed an opinion to explain what I thought was (in a game this size) the rather odd occurrence of there being no NK Night 1. Others expressed their views and I accept the validity of them. As I said earlier, I may very well have been naive in my assumption but from my perspective, in a game of 38 players, I should think that equally, the odds of both NKs being negated through role blocks, etc would be pretty long. Again, it's just an opinion.
It certainly is an opinion, but I can't dismiss the point entirely on the fact of your opinion. So much of this game is built around forming opinions of things, and my opinion is that this particular opinion you expressed gives the impression of something dishonest. It is not unreasonable to entertain the thought that all potential scum killers could have simply neglected their duties, but to jump to that conclusion as strongly and as swiftly as you did seems like quite a leap. It seems like you were trying to work a specific angle or spread an agenda, or avoid something else.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote:I've been keeping my own maps of the EoD voting results that (I think) are a little more reader friendly than Ricochet's version which I'm happy to post but I'm not sure they will post properly... Let me test it and see if it works...

OK, it appears not. If anyone thinks it's worthwhile and has a clue how I can post it so it shows in it's entirety, I'm all ears...
Even if you can't get it working, thanks for this.

Also, I find that when someone brings up a case on another, it's never a bad thing to involve yourself in it regardless of whether it sounds as though it's addressed to you. It could get you lynched if you don't. :srsnod:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

I am inclined to go after Sorsha and TH today especially considering Eloh's implication. Russ is still up there for me as well.
Why?
I dunno, just does. Is it?

Hey Dom, do you still have concerns about DFaraday?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote:
nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Why?
Not at all.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Why?
Not at all.
Thoughts on Glorfindel?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote:
nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Why?
Not at all.
Thoughts on Glorfindel?
I don't find Glorfindel suspicious. I thought the point he raised about Timmer was a good one, and it's part of the reason why I voted for Timmer. That, and I didn't think the other wagons were good ones.

Right now, I have concerns about Bass, BWT and Dunny mostly. I will try find time to put some more meat in some cases but I'm looking to find me a good seafood platter and enter a food coma right now.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

It certainly is an opinion, but I can't dismiss the point entirely on the fact of your opinion. So much of this game is built around forming opinions of things, and my opinion is that this particular opinion you expressed gives the impression of something dishonest. It is not unreasonable to entertain the thought that all potential scum killers could have simply neglected their duties, but to jump to that conclusion as strongly and as swiftly as you did seems like quite a leap. It seems like you were trying to work a specific angle or spread an agenda, or avoid something else.
Please elaborate my friend on precisely what "specific angle" I was working or what agenda I was trying to spread or what it was I was intending to avoid by making the comment that I did. For what it's worth, given the number of absent and semi absent players in this game, I don't know that it is necessarily that long a bow to draw. In any case, if you consider that sufficient grounds to suspect me, it looks like the Mafia teams will have an easy ride of it this game.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Why?
Not at all.
Thoughts on Glorfindel?
I don't find Glorfindel suspicious. I thought the point he raised about Timmer was a good one, and it's part of the reason why I voted for Timmer. That, and I didn't think the other wagons were good ones.

Right now, I have concerns about Bass, BWT and Dunny mostly. I will try find time to put some more meat in some cases but I'm looking to find me a good seafood platter and enter a food coma right now.
The whole timmer wagon was the reason I looked at Glorfindel in the first place. Not that I resisted at all, but in hindsight I can't not see timmer as a potential low-hanging fruit, so anyone who advocated for his lynch becomes more suspicious. I followed up on a few players, Glorfindel came out looking the least good in my eyes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

Please elaborate my friend on precisely what "specific angle" I was working or what agenda I was trying to spread or what it was I was intending to avoid by making the comment that I did. For what it's worth, given the number of absent and semi absent players in this game, I don't know that it is necessarily that long a bow to draw. In any case, if you consider that sufficient grounds to suspect me, it looks like the Mafia teams will have an easy ride of it this game.
I think you were trying to work the angle of pushing for low-posters to be lynched, or at least creating that as an avenue for yourself to pursue so that you could stay out of any more heated cases later on. Your other vote was on Sorsha, so you cast two votes on players whose biggest mark against them was silence. Consistent, but also safe. I also do not like the method of defense that attempts to entirely brush off and discredit an accusation, which you are using here. I think I've stated a fairly reasonable concern and your response is to mock it as being so bad that I am helping the scum out; which at least suggests that you believe I am town, so it's good to know that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 11

Post by dodo »

你好朋友
誰今天我們殺
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

^Translated that, it says "Hello friends, who should we kill today?"
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Sloonei wrote:The whole timmer wagon was the reason I looked at Glorfindel in the first place. Not that I resisted at all, but in hindsight I can't not see timmer as a potential low-hanging fruit, so anyone who advocated for his lynch becomes more suspicious. I followed up on a few players, Glorfindel came out looking the least good in my eyes.
For the record, I had no reason to suspect timmer before I made that observation and yes, I allowed that interpretation of events to influence how I voted and I said as much. If you are genuinely looking for Mafia, I'd recommend you consider those players that voted for timmer WITHOUT any justification...

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also, that sock's name is not a character on the front page. Interesting
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”