Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 5]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The next person to claim that I only started suspecting Booms or Mac now will get voted in the following lynch poll. If you are not reading the game, at least admit it.
You only started suspecting Boom and Mac right now!

Just kidding. I admit that I'm not reading the game.

I do, however, think you have a much higher chance of being right about Mac than you do about Boom. I'm good with Boom.

My possible votes right now - CapsFan, DP, Simon (not sure why people keep sleeping on Simon, some good evidence was raised about why he is Nanman and he seems to have vanished since it was)... maybe Mac on the outside, although I'm kind of suspicious about how much love he is getting for a vote all at once.
All the love amounts to me, a dead guy, and a bunch of people saying they "might" vote for him.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 3]

Post by Glorfindel »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Public Service: WHY DDL VOTED FOR BOOMSLANG

(all posts about Booms made by DDL since Day 3)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Alright I don't have anything to add myself so I'm gonna make a proposition to you all.

Talk about the following people:

Boomslang
Bullzeye
Dragon D. Luffy
Elohcin
Nerolunar
Quin

All those are players with 5 or more posts, which posted on day 2 or later, and yet nobody seems to be talking about them.

Yes I included myself. I fit the above criteria so it's only fair. And it feels awkward when nobody wants me dead, I don't like it. Talk about me more please.

Don't have an opinion on them? Well it's a great time to ISO them. Go.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Not gonna quote stuff unless strictly necessary because the site is too slow.

Boomslang

A lot of talk about game mechanics on Day 0/1. Neutral read. Then votes MM/TH because they "wanted to duel". Somewhat suspicious, since you could have used all the time you discussed duel mechanics to pick a better case. But whatever it's D1.

Shows up on Day 2 again and actually starts playing in more serious way. Goes for both Jan and Sorsha, with some convincing arguments. Votes for Jan/MM "following up on his previous vote on MM". Which one, the one you picked "because he wanted to duel?" What about Sorsha?

This reeks of WIFOM. This guy is in my scum list.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Dom wrote:Boomslang, does a careless player mean an evil player that needs to be kept on the other side of the wall?
I'd say a careless player needs to be carefully vetted until we can figure out what's going on :goofp: Case in point is Nerolunar. "I guess you could say I am guilty of saying the same thing, which I kind of am :shrug: Ugh. I am a goddamn hypocrite." I really don't like this defense. If you're calling your own behavior out as shady, you're asking us to trust your civility on nothing but your word. I agree with the punishment of BWT's self-voting, but that's about it.
That's not what I meant. I am a hypocrite because I voted timmer because of reasons(not being able to understand the game and the different arguments being thrown around) I exhibit myself. It wasn't really a "defense" more like an elaboration of my previous vote. I don't think I am acting "shady" - more the opposite by doubting my own point of view about things. If you disagree, let me know. I think you reached a little here with your interpretation.
But you still made the vote, and you still say that you didn't make it for good reasons. If we can't trust you to make informed, useful votes, how can we trust that you're working the best interests of the town?
In retrospect, no, my vote was poorly made. I know that, but nobody makes completely rational and utilitarian choices all the time, whether it is town or not. I am in no way proud of my scumhunting abilities(again, see transistor) and I have never been. I suck, I really do. But I also try to improve, especially as a civilian because thats the alignment I am worst at.

I value transparency more than anything, and being able to question or criticise my own previous line of thoughts is what ultimately will help me improve and learn from my mistakes. I don't want to cruise along faking false confidence just for the sake of appearing linear or composed.

With that said, lynch me if you want. I trust the dice.
This post makes me feel better about Nero. He is playing the game in a way similar to how I like to play myself.

And the post in the quote makes me feel worse about Boomslang. It looks like he is imposing standards to Nero that are not necessarily alignment indicative. I'd love if every player was as rational and informed as possible, but the real world doesn't work that way and I think Booms's view comes across as too naive.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Just another observation here...

As I understand it, part of the case that brought MM undone was his inconsistency in voting for Dr Wilgy for Prefect on Day 0 and then voted to have him duel on Day 1 - is that correct? I note that another player did a similar thing in that Boomslang voted MM for Prefect on Day 0 and then voted him for the dueling ring on Day 1.

The vote for MM's prefecture was mid-poll (i.e. 39th out of 62) so it wasn't really influential and it was MM's only vote for Prefect. I'm not sure what this says but personally, I didn't vote anyone for Prefect about whom I had doubts :shrug:
Well, if you're not sure what it says, what do you think it says? Or is this one of those baddie "let's plant a seed without actually taking sides and hope it grows into a mighty lynching tree" moves?
Why is it that you always seem to appear only when people mention you?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:No.

If meta reads and tunneling on the same inactives since d1 are not good enough for you, then we have to disagree.

Your omgus has annoyed me enough already though. And your tunneling. You have been on a campaign to discredit every opinion of mine since I've first suspected you. That's very disingenuous.

*Votes Boomslang and Mac*
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Boomslang you are giving a number of reasons you think I'm bad but failing to explain why thy mean anything.

Why is it bad that I suspect Mac for meta and activity. What is it bad that I'm tunneling on him and you? Why is it bad that I made the same vote as Mac back on day 1?

You can't just list everything I have done in the game, yell "BAD!" and expect to be taken seriously. You need to do more.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Well I voted Boomslang first back in day 2 so there is that.

His response has been to systematically call every post of mine suspicious since then.
The next post is the Mac one.
I feel kinda conflicted about Booms myself. Yes, there was (what I interpreted) his over-reaction to my previous references to him. There was his interactions with MP and MP declaring him one of his two "TOP civilian reads". The thing is, as I skim his ISO, I do see a tone that I feel is quite genuine that makes me think twice about supporting any push for him to duel.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:All the love amounts to me, a dead guy, and a bunch of people saying they "might" vote for him.
Does it bother you how many people say they 'might' vote for him?

I'm not saying it is suspicious on any person for thinking that about Mac, I'm just saying the fact of it bothers me. He seems to be an option plenty of people are happy to throw a vote on to today.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't get what people are seeing in DP when he has an ISO that is shorter than this sentence I am writing right now.

You might as well have the same probability of success by voting for Soneji (if he were still alive).

Where I come from, we don't lynch people like DP. We wait for the host to modkill/replace them.
Because he still pops in to vote, and he just so happens to stack votes on competing bandwagons that make for a not-so-good record. For instance, he voted for two of the closest runner-ups to MM on day 2.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:All the love amounts to me, a dead guy, and a bunch of people saying they "might" vote for him.
Does it bother you how many people say they 'might' vote for him?

I'm not saying it is suspicious on any person for thinking that about Mac, I'm just saying the fact of it bothers me. He seems to be an option plenty of people are happy to throw a vote on to today.
Possibly, but it could mean the opposite too. Some of them could be Mac's teammates doing that thing where you softly hang around a teammate wagon until it looks like they ae gonna be lynched so jump on it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Dom »

reywaS wrote:
Scotty wrote:
reywaS wrote:
Sloonei wrote:hello reywas, have you had a chance to read anything yet? I know I was not inclined to fully catch up when I joined, and that was nearly 20 pages ago.
Not yet. I plan on trying to read through the thread today. I'm not sure I'll be able to do a full read through in one day...it's been almost a year since I played and I couldn't even fully read through 35 pages when I was in my mafia "prime". We'll see how it goes.
Don't worry, there's 44 pages, which thankfully is different than 35 :beer:

Without looking at the thread any more than you have, who do you suspect? For whatever reason
Definitely Dom. That guy is always :suspish:
:suspish:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 37

Post by insertnamehere »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Holy shit I forgot inh was even in this game.
ha

:solitary:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 4]

Post by insertnamehere »

Scotty wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Glorf may be the most baffling new player I've seen upon returning to the site, Non-3J division. His uber sincerity made me 101% see him as scum in BSG, but it turns out he was civ after all, and his histrionics were genuine.

So I'm gonna give him a pass for now until I can do some good old fashioned Baltimore style good po-lice work.

Yesterday I voted for CapsFan and Sorsha. Neither of them have done anything to dissuade my opinion on them, and neither has a more compelling candidate come up. I'm gonna try and make this a Groundhog Day by voting the same way again.
So you gonna vote or what?

Gotta be honest, mate. My 2nd vote is between you and Quin. And I mostly want to vote Quin because he seems far too 'appeasy" this game. I can't put into words my tone read of him besides I don't like it. If I can keep digging and come up with something a little more potent on him before EoD, I'll vote there, otherwise you're my standby.

You say you never use inactivity as a crutch in strategies in your game, which may or may not be true. But when you are around, I'm not getting any sense of urgency or care. It could be a bias since you were vaulted into a place of importance (prefect) early on. You had so much potential, like 'Suicide Squad' and 'No Man's Sky' did.
I feel like your posts on me are less a suspicion, and more you poking me with a stick to see if I'm still alive. Luckily, I am in fact still on this here mortal coil, and am making a firm resolution, right here, right now, in the eyes of gods and men, that I'm going to try and be more active than I've been in the past.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I've got less time than I would have hoped. Apologies. I'll go back to my Day 3 tactic of focusing my attention on the players who seem to have established bandwagons. Right now that seems to be Mac, CapsFan, and DisgruntledPorcupine.
brb digging
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Boomslang you are giving a number of reasons you think I'm bad but failing to explain why thy mean anything.

Why is it bad that I suspect Mac for meta and activity. What is it bad that I'm tunneling on him and you? Why is it bad that I made the same vote as Mac back on day 1?

You can't just list everything I have done in the game, yell "BAD!" and expect to be taken seriously. You need to do more.
As someone on the receiving end of metareads and been screwed over many a time from them, you throwing your hands up and saying "I PLAY ENTIRELY ON META READS AND TUNNEL VISION, DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?" is the equivalent of attempting to order a massive steak at a vegetarian restaurant.

This easy-ass style of playing, just pointing at one or two inactive players and leading a blitzkrieg against them, is the perfect way to coast by and stand out juuust enough to where you don't seem too blend-y.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

insertnamehere wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:"I PLAY ENTIRELY ON META READS AND TUNNEL VISION, DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?"
I did not say that.

I said that my Mac vote is based on that.

I am capable of voting for other reasons. But for Mac, those are the reasons.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Voting CapsFan and DragonDLuffy

CapsFan's been someone who's weirded me out for a while, and I've voted for him the last two days. Let's make that three.

DDL is someone who just shot their way onto my radar with the last three pages of posts. I feel like him and Scotty are pushing this lightly-inactive tunnel vision mindset, and it just seems like saying shit to say shit, the equivalent of picking on someone you know won't fight back.

Scotty has a history of stuff like this, and I haven't necessarily picked up any bad vibes from him.

DDL, however, what with his apparently trademark standoffish attitude, admitted tunnel vision, and him immediately voting for Boomslang after he posted something against him almost gave me whiplash.

So I'm gonna throw a vote his way.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DisgruntledPorcupine is a simple "Lynch a lurker" candidate. I won't strongly object at this time, but I'm sure I would be making a fuss if I was fully caught up on things.

I played a ton of games with Mach in the early and middle days of RYM, but it's been a long time since I was really familiar with his game, so a lot of my possible meta reads on him are out the window.
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hi Mac.
Don't look at me like that. I'm not even here yet. Stop it. I can tell what you're thinking.

And MovingPictures is giving me the heebie jeebies with his page 7 list of green skittles like he has a real read on people enough to give green skittles and no red ones. Where are the red ones brah? Everybody knows it's easier to get pings earlier in the game than good vibes. What are you so freakin' positive that you have anti hunting power that I don't have? Get real.
Decent enough first real post. He calls out MP for a solid Day 1 reason and engages, reluctantly, with Jay. But with scum teams, there's nothing preventing a bad guy from doing some real honest scum hunting. Most importantly, I've already seen one scum claim a case of the heebiejeebies this week :o

I like this post a lot, but again multiple scum teams means it's hard to call someone a townie just because they appear to be scum hunting. And one meta read I'm still comfortable making on Mac is that he's capable of flinging shit with the best of them, regardless of alignment. So a post like this doesn't necessarily convince me he's town.

I am racing against the clock right now so it's possible I'm just overlooking things, but I really am not seeing anything alarming in Mac's posts right now. I know DDL has given us all a big case against him on the last page or so. I'll look at that. The only immediate mark I can make against Mac is that his participation has dropped off later in the game, but I think that's more likely to be indicative of a busy Mac than a scum Mac. Still, I would like to hear from him.

I'll cover CapsFan in another post just to get this one out there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DP, CapsFan from me.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

No votes for me today? The people's opinions are capricious.

Voting Elo as promised. I actually found Ninja Bloopers' response to my outrage very sincere, so I think she genuinely didn't mean any harm.

Not sure who my second vote will go to yet, but I guess I have an hour to decide. Seems like Scotty and CapsFan don't like DP, and CapsFan is catching some flack for it but Scotty isn't. Not totally sure what to make of that.

Linki: Golden, why DP and CapsFan? They look to me like they're pretty opposed. Trying to get my head around the debates of the day with limited reading time.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@Russti - I pick the two people I find most worthy of a vote at the time, independent of each other. It's not a 'grand theory of the game' at work in my mind. Simon is the one I'd like to pick, but noone else seems to be looking there.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Gonna vote DP and DDL. Why? Because I am too lazy/busy/flustered to read and think harder like the letter D like to live dangerously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 0]

Post by Sloonei »

I've never played with CapsFan at all, so he's a completely new entity to me. Let's dive in.
TheCapsFan wrote:oh, yeah. Figure I should put this out there because it's important. I am currently in the middle of Marching Band Camp, which will last from now until the end of august. I will try to keep up with this game, but please bear in mind that I will be gone for large portions of the day, and that I have summer work to finish in addition to band.
I appreciate the heads up, but this is never a good look. Setting yourself to be a sporadic or inactive participant right off the bat looks shady.
TheCapsFan wrote:I'm here. I came in about halfway through D1 and read the first part of the thread, but couldn't finish reading it before D1 ended because I had to write flavor for the game I'm hosting. Looks like we hit scum on our first lynch though, which is good.
Excuse for missing the vote. Token, emotionless satisfaction with lynch results.
I guess I can provide a little insight on an inactive player, leetic. He's sick and subbed out of my game, so I doubt that he'll be in this one.

I'm due for a reread. I'll try and come up with some thoughts on active players. Is there any way I can find the past vote count?

Also if anyone wants me to focus on anything specific during the reread, or if anyone wants my specific thoughts on a player or interaction, let me know.
Promise of future activity, asking the thread to give him direction. Sounds like... me! Hm. I'll have to see how this holds up before I criticize him.

... The above turns out to be his only post on Day 2. I am comfortable saying that looks a little bad now. He came in saying he was caught up but shared a total of 0 thoughts on the game, and then left for an entire day phase after at least tentatively suggesting that he would provide more content soon. Instead he shows back up on Day 3 and drops this on us:
TheCapsFan wrote:I would be comfortable being voted for.
:ponder:
TheCapsFan wrote:
nutella wrote:
TheCapsFan wrote:I would be comfortable being voted for.
Is that all you have to say? :disappoint:
Well, 1) I think Scotty looks pretty town. 2) Ricochet subbed in recently, yeah? Nothing about him is giving me pings yet. 3) I do find INH’s disappearance weird, but then again, maybe he’s also hosting a game at the same time as trying to finish summer projects and playing in a huge game with like a post a minute. But…wait, there he is...for a second, at least. 4) Oh, and Turnip Head’s posts have gotten worse as the game has gone on.
1) Totally unsubstantiated town nod at Scotty. 2) Acknowledgment that a new guy has joined the game. 3) Easy shade at INH. 4) Totally unsubstantiated scum read at TH.
TheCapsFan wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
TheCapsFan wrote:As annoying as he may post, Dom seems pretty town as well.
What makes you say this?
Because he’s pushing for originality.
I should have followed up on this, because I have no idea what this means or why it indicates townie behavior from Dom.
Sloonei wrote:I see CapsFan and leetic are visitors from another site. Hello, welcome, I hope you're settling in nicely! What can you guys tell me about each other?

Also, CapsFan, you mentioned in your first post that you've played with JJJ before. Is there anyone else in there who you're familiar with?
leetic is a very strong player as scum. He’s aggressive regardless of alignment and isn’t usually this quiet, typically more a vocal player, but he had to sub out of my game due to sickness. He seems to be feeling a little better, but I’m not sure if he will be playing in this one.

The alive players left whose names I recognize are Golden, insertnamehere, Jan, MM89, MovingPictures, and Scotty. Fairly certain I’ve played with the last two at least once, and I’ve seen the first three around, but I’m not sure I’d consider myself “familiar” with any of them. The only one who fits that category is leetic.
Sloonei wrote:
TheCapsFan wrote:Agh, didn't see your reads, DDL. Ignore the above post. Even so, I'm not sure I'd vote this early in a phase, especially when your vote can't be changed...
How and when will you be voting? TALK TO ME CAPS FAN!
I will be voting by clicking the player’s names at the top of the page. I will vote when I can actually find a couple strong scum reads. Maybe I’ll look at the players DDL mentioned, see if I can find something in there.
Dodges my question about votes and suspects with a joke response, then defers to DDL.
TheCapsFan wrote:Took a quick glance at the vote patterns, because I like those, and I could definitely see JJJ as scum.

I'd like to put up a case against Disgruntled Porcupines. The original reason I was drawn to him was because his vote on me was the scummiest.
- Has posted like twice all game, both just saying who he votes for, with no reasoning.
- Day 2, he votes for Russetfinko (alongside MM and JJJ) and timmer, who we know to be town (alongside MP and JJJ once again).
- Day 3, he votes for me and timmer again (alongside MP)
- Always one of the last to vote, and only against people with substantial amounts of votes to their name
Not a huge fan of this post. Totally unsubstantiated support of the "JJJ as scum" theory, and then he throws shade on the easiest target in the game in DisgruntledPorcupine.

It's possible I'm just tunneling a new guy on a hunch right now, but I see a lot of ungood stuff in here. I certainly get the sense that CapsFan is a busy person and keeping up with this thread is no small task (I am in the same bind), but I'm not seeing much evidence of genuine scum hunting and pro-town behavior when he is here. This looks like a possible quiet scum trying to coast through the game. It seems likely I'll put another vote on him today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah, I'll go with Caps and DP.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TheCapsFan
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by TheCapsFan »

Sloonei wrote:
TheCapsFan wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
What makes you say this?
I should have followed up on this, because I have no idea what this means or why it indicates townie behavior from Dom.
He was pushing for people to post original ideas and calling people out for sheeping others' reasonings.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TheCapsFan wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
TheCapsFan wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
What makes you say this?
He was pushing for people to post original ideas and calling people out for sheeping others' reasonings.
Gotcha, thanks. That makes sense.
Still think I'm gonna vote for you unless you can convince me not to in the next 50 minutes or so.

I'm also intrigued by this DDL wagon a bit right now. He was a suspect of mine earlier but I dropped it primarily because I just lost focus on the thread for a bit. Still haven't totally regained it. Like I said, I can't fit two mafia games into my head at one time. But I had a look at the votes against him and they're not awful, I get at least decent vibes from the people voting him and I had a decentish case against him earlier. Voting him would be a vote to trust my gut right now, and I may do that over a pure lurker lynch (DP). Still thinking it over.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hmm. I actually like that from CapsFan. My vote is cast now, but it makes me double think.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloon, you have less than 30 minutes as of now :p Also, as I just explained to DDL, DP is not a "mere lurker lynch." His votes are sketchy.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote:Sloon, you have less than 30 minutes as of now :p Also, as I just explained to DDL, DP is not a "mere lurker lynch." His votes are sketchy.
Oh I was thinking the poll ended around 9:40 for some reason. But it's no problem, I'm not doing much else at the moment. I''ll look into your thing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

I'm afraid that this EoD has come at a particularly bad time for me as I'm currently hammered at work trying to finalise a project submission in the next couple of hours. I'm going to vote for MacDougall and Sorsha. I'll explain my reasons at the earliest opportunity but I really don't have the time right now - sorry :(

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Glorfindel wrote:I'm afraid that this EoD has come at a particularly bad time for me as I'm currently hammered at work trying to finalise a project submission in the next couple of hours. I'm going to vote for MacDougall and Sorsha. I'll explain my reasons at the earliest opportunity but I really don't have the time right now - sorry :(
That sorsha vote is useless with the poll looking the way it does right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Voted CapsFan and DisgruntledPorcupine. CapsFan is explained above. DP is mostly about putting a test to this theory that maybe one of the scum teams is made up of inactives. I hate making such uninformed votes as this. I'll try not to do it in the future but I can't make any promises. I'm only just able to squeeze one game in right now, two is difficult.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Elohcin »

I think I forgot to post when I voted :p My day has been nuts, sorry.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

@Sloonei

In general, I choose not to view explanations for inactivity as suspicious, because I think it's in bad taste to use it as a crutch when one is bad, so I just have to hope that's not what TCF was trying to achieve.

I also didn't like his 'I don't mind being voted for' post. I don't trust anybody that's done it, and that idea has only been solidified given MP's flip after doing the same thing. I'm writing this and I'm thinking we've had this exact conversation before. Oh well.

TCF is saying a lot, but there's not a whole lot of meaning behind his words. With that said, he did inspire me to scrutinize DP more. He might even be responsible for the bandwagon on DP right now. I'd throw him some civ points for that, but obviously not a whole lot given the multiple teams thing. I'm struggling to draw the line here between 'Is DP's voting pattern, suspicious, or am I just pissed off at his unhelpfulness?' Right now I'm looking at the former, and even if I'm wrong, it's not the worst outcome.

With that said, one of my votes will go to DP. I'm not sure on the second, but I'm going to go through Luffy's posts since my ISO of his Day 1. It won't be as comprehensive as before, though.

I'm not sure how I feel about the MacDougall train. It's unlikely at least that he's MP's teammate. I'll look at him too.

linki: wait, does day end today? shit what

I voted DP only.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Simon »

Me vs. Elohcin!

:sparta:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I also do not feel totally comfortable voting for either DDL or Mac at this point. My reads on them both are very undeveloped and I've been wrong about DDL in the not-too-distant past, so I especially don't want to leap to a conclusion on him. I didn't like what little bits of a case I could find on Mac. He's not a suspect at this time, but I looked at him because he's received lots of votes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:@Sloonei

In general, I choose not to view explanations for inactivity as suspicious, because I think it's in bad taste to use it as a crutch when one is bad, so I just have to hope that's not what TCF was trying to achieve.

I also didn't like his 'I don't mind being voted for' post. I don't trust anybody that's done it, and that idea has only been solidified given MP's flip after doing the same thing. I'm writing this and I'm thinking we've had this exact conversation before. Oh well.

TCF is saying a lot, but there's not a whole lot of meaning behind his words. With that said, he did inspire me to scrutinize DP more. He might even be responsible for the bandwagon on DP right now. I'd throw him some civ points for that, but obviously not a whole lot given the multiple teams thing. I'm struggling to draw the line here between 'Is DP's voting pattern, suspicious, or am I just pissed off at his unhelpfulness?' Right now I'm looking at the former, and even if I'm wrong, it's not the worst outcome.

With that said, one of my votes will go to DP. I'm not sure on the second, but I'm going to go through Luffy's posts since my ISO of his Day 1. It won't be as comprehensive as before, though.

I'm not sure how I feel about the MacDougall train. It's unlikely at least that he's MP's teammate. I'll look at him too.

I voted DP only.
I hesitate to award him any townie points for the DP thing. Like I said in my ISO, DP is the easiest target someone could pick out of this game right now.

I am in agreement RE: Mac. I'm really not feeling any of the suspicions against him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Sorsha »

I voted for CapsFan per my previous posts/suspicion of him

DP because I didn't know who else to vote for and this Mac train seems off to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:@Sloonei

I voted DP only.
I hesitate to award him any townie points for the DP thing. Like I said in my ISO, DP is the easiest target someone could pick out of this game right now.

I am in agreement RE: Mac. I'm really not feeling any of the suspicions against him.
I disagree that DP is the easiest (though I guess the current poll refutes that) but I do think that DP is the best lynch.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

By my count 16 out of 30 players voted. The participation rate in this game continues to be shameful :disappoint:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote:By my count 16 out of 30 players voted. The participation rate in this game continues to be shameful :disappoint:
:srsnod:
not that i've been a beacon of activity, but still!

also shouldn't this thing be locked? am i breaking the rules?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epi locks after he posts the post, rather than the moment that the poll ends. I guess it's technically when voting ends but not when the day ends?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
nutella wrote:By my count 16 out of 30 players voted. The participation rate in this game continues to be shameful :disappoint:

Would it be too much to ask for the baddies to do us all a favour and kill off all the inactives? :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

its a bit odd that sig has vanished. Not like him. Hope all is ok.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Well, poop. I got distracted by a BOGO on new phones (!) and forgot to come back to vote. Would have voted Elo as as stated, and maybe Caps?

Not all that surprised that DP took additional votes, but I am surprised by the sheer number of them and how late they came in.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Would it be too much to ask for the baddies to do us all a favour and kill off all the inactives? :grin:
they seem to be working on it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

they seem to be working on it.
Too bad they're also doing the opposite. :pout:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:26 pm

Bass_the_Clever
Dom (17)
3%

birdwithteeth11
No votes

Boomslang
Dragon D. Luffy (9)
3%

Bullzeye
No votes

DFaraday
No votes

DisgruntledPorcupine
Scotty (6), TheCapsFan (14), Golden (21), nijuukyugou (22), Elohcin (25), nutella (26), Sloonei (30), Quin (34), Sorsha (35)
25%

Dom
No votes

Dragon D. Luffy
Boomslang (10), insertnamehere (18), nijuukyugou (23)
8%

Dunny
No votes

Elohcin
Simon (32)
3%

Glorfindel
No votes

Golden
No votes

insertnamehere
Scotty (7)
3%

Jan
No votes

leetic
No votes

LoRab
DFaraday (13)
3%

MacDougall
Dragon D. Luffy (8), TheCapsFan (15), Dom (16), Elohcin (24), Glorfindel (29)
14%

Nerolunar
No votes

nijuukyugou
No votes

nutella
No votes

Quin
No votes

rabbit8
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

Scotty
No votes

sig
No votes

Simon
Simon (33)
3%

Sloonei
No votes

Sorsha
Glorfindel (28)
3%

Spacedaisy
No votes

TheCapsFan
Boomslang (11), DFaraday (12), insertnamehere (19), Golden (20), nutella (27), Sloonei (31), Sorsha (36)
19%

Jiang Wei (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), JaggedJimmyJay (2), Metalmarsh89 (3), juliets (4), Bubbles (5)
14%

Total votes : 36
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Duel of the Fifth Day
凌通
TheCapsFan defeated DisgruntledPorcupine in a duel after three bouts.
DisgruntledPorcupine was Ling Tong.
It is now Night 5. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 6: Zhang Bao rests; A Courteous Man is Flogged
禮貌
In the last chapter, Zhang Bao had repaid a friend unkindly. He found refuge in a village south from his last victim, and there he remained until he regained his strength.

In that very village, Glorfin Del was sent among the Nanman to pacify their barbarous ways. He brought with him all manner of civilized customs, furniture, and kind words. “My friend, thank you for welcoming me.” There was a terrible irony there. Glorfin Del’s dialect made “My friend” sound like a Nanman battle cry, and the barbarians descended upon him before he could realize his mistake.

Glorfindel has been killed by the Nanman.
It is now Day 6. You have 48 hours and two votes each to decide the who will be in the sixth duel.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 6]

Post by Quin »

sToP iT rIgHt NoW
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorry to see you go, glorf. You were a beast.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 4]

Post by Glorfindel »

Ricochet wrote:Cowards.
Damn straight!

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh no RIP Glorf :( And too bad about DP.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah his vote on me that he didn't explain aside he looked competent in this game.

Fuck all you who tried to lynch me yesterday while I was incapable of speaking in my defence. Luffy did you silence me and try to get me lynched swine?

Return to “Previous Jobs”