Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 6]

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:Yeah his vote on me that he didn't explain aside he looked competent in this game.

Fuck all you who tried to lynch me yesterday while I was incapable of speaking in my defence. Luffy did you silence me and try to get me lynched swine?
I'm in favor of putting pressure on this Dragon fellow today.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:Sorry to see you go, glorf. You were a beast.
Who killed him?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:
Who killed him?
Nanman. I remain of the opinion that they are a group of not very high posters, given they continue to take out people I think can be fairly categorised as town leaders.

I'm pretty sure Simon is one of them and I think we should be lynching him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Who killed him?
Nanman. I remain of the opinion that they are a group of not very high posters, given they continue to take out people I think can be fairly categorised as town leaders.

Can you tell us why you're so confident about Simon?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 3]

Post by Golden »

@Sloonei - confident is an adjective. It's not one I'd use to describe me. He is someone for whom my suspicion is at least somewhat describable. I think that's as far as I would go.
MacDougall wrote:I have an oddball theory.

Simon has gone quiet. He seemed to have a random beef with JJJ. If he is a Nanman and is low on partners he might lose interest and he might kill JJJ. I could see a lonely Simon mafia doing that.

FYI I am just digging throught the thread for some missing pearls at the moment. Nothing has been really jumping out at me. If nothing juicy comes out I am going to revote Russ and Dunny as nothing there has made me feel any better about either of them.
I think Simon has been a Simon of two halves - the Simon before Wilgy and MM died, and the Simon after Wilgy and MM died. Given the Nanman keep killing high posters, I also think that they may be low posters. I think Simon started with alive friends to talk to and ended up, as Mac said, seeming 'more lonely'.

Essentially, I just agreed with this post from Mac and don't really feel like Simon post MM-death has ever gone back to being like Simon pre-MM death.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

^Ah. I finally understand this. I do in fact remember him buddying up to MM a little bit.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TheCapsFan
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by TheCapsFan »

Golden wrote:I think Simon started with alive friends to talk to and ended up, as Mac said, seeming 'more lonely'.
But statistically, wouldn't there be a higher chance of a scum/town interaction than scum/scum?
TheCapsFan
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by TheCapsFan »

Not to say that I don't see what you're trying to say. It's actually a very good point. I guess I'm just playing devil's advocate...
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:@Sloonei - confident is an adjective. It's not one I'd use to describe me. He is someone for whom my suspicion is at least somewhat describable. I think that's as far as I would go.

Simon has gone quiet. He seemed to have a random beef with JJJ. If he is a Nanman and is low on partners he might lose interest and he might kill JJJ. I could see a lonely Simon mafia doing that.

FYI I am just digging throught the thread for some missing pearls at the moment. Nothing has been really jumping out at me. If nothing juicy comes out I am going to revote Russ and Dunny as nothing there has made me feel any better about either of them.
I think Simon has been a Simon of two halves - the Simon before Wilgy and MM died, and the Simon after Wilgy and MM died. Given the Nanman keep killing high posters, I also think that they may be low posters. I think Simon started with alive friends to talk to and ended up, as Mac said, seeming 'more lonely'.

Essentially, I just agreed with this post from Mac and don't really feel like Simon post MM-death has ever gone back to being like Simon pre-MM death.
I will have a look a this at some point.

Like 80% of this game is still shrouded in mystery for me. :(
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

TheCapsFan wrote:
Golden wrote:I think Simon started with alive friends to talk to and ended up, as Mac said, seeming 'more lonely'.
But statistically, wouldn't there be a higher chance of a scum/town interaction than scum/scum?
I'm talking behind the scenes friends. In behind the scenes chat, there is no likelihood of scum/town interaction.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Who killed him?

You keep saying this but I don't know why. It is advantageous to take out loud posters if you yourself are loud by virtue of giving yourself more control of the general dialogue. As a quiet player it is easier to hide if the thread is a chaotic mess.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

MacDougall wrote:Yeah his vote on me that he didn't explain aside he looked competent in this game.

Fuck all you who tried to lynch me yesterday while I was incapable of speaking in my defence. Luffy did you silence me and try to get me lynched swine?
You had 4 days to make yourself look like a civ. You didn't so I don't give a shit if you didn't have an extra day.

And who sileneced you on day 2, 3 and 4, btw?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:

I'm in favor of putting pressure on this Dragon fellow today.
Stop flip-flopping and do it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

You had 4 days to make yourself look like a civ. You didn't so I don't give a shit if you didn't have an extra day.

I'm sorry I didn't spend the first 4 days trying to "look like a civ". :rolleyes:

If you really require an answer as to why I didn't post a lot it's because I work about 60 hours a week and have a 5 year old. And since when was me being quiet indicative of me being bad?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Talking in this game seems dangerous. Also if they are killing high posters and people who look like they are these civ leaders then why would they leave Quin alive ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I don't want to miss this vote so I will go ahead and vote.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Talking in this game seems dangerous. Also if they are killing high posters and people who look like they are these civ leaders then why would they leave Quin alive ?
No.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Actually, bad look for Bass.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:Actually, bad look for Bass.
Agreed. He just came in, dumped some shade on you, voted, and left. It would be nice to hear more from him and not get what is essentially an early driveby vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Bass's point applies equally (actually slightly more) to DDL and I find him more likely to be bad than Quin. I've quasi-trusted both of them for most of the game but DDL has been acting pretty strangely and I think it's time to look more critically at him. I'd be happy to put some combination of him, CapsFan, and Simon up for the lynch; Bass and Russ are also still decent choices imo.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Actually, move Bass higher on that list. I'm quickly convincing myself that he and DDL are teamies.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

Golden wrote:@Sloonei - confident is an adjective. It's not one I'd use to describe me. He is someone for whom my suspicion is at least somewhat describable. I think that's as far as I would go.

I'm not really sure where this Simon suspicion is coming from. By my count, he has a grand total of 7 posts pre-MM death and 5 posts post-MM death (Day 3 onward). That's not what I'd call "going quiet." And his content doesn't seem to change much from one phase to another—there's a general will to fight, first vs. JJJ, then vs. Eloh. I agree that there's not much to go on, but I'm no more suspicious of him than of the other low posters at the moment.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

nutella wrote:Actually, move Bass higher on that list. I'm quickly convincing myself that he and DDL are teamies.
Just for shits and giggles (and because DDL is totally bad), here's every post where Bass mentions DDL.
Bass wrote:Hey DDL, do you think most of the the people who are mafia are laying low or are they being active or... Are they in that sweet middle area flying under the radar?
Bass wrote:
DDL wrote: I didn't like Russ's recent "Congratulations on lynching Wilgy, guys!" It doesn't feel honest.

I think I'm voting for him today.
Didn't he post something first, then followed up with "oh and good Lynch" or was that someone else.
Bass wrote:
MP wrote: I would be willing to throw out the following slight town GTHs:

Boomslang
Dragon D. Luffy
JaggedJimmyJay
Quin
Turnip Head

Could change at the drop of a hat, but so far I'm feeling OK at what they've brought to this thread so far. Anybody else have some GTHs yet?
Do you have a mafia reads yet, even just something that pinged you?
Bass wrote:
DDL wrote: I just don't want to see, 5 cycles from now, someone going "I trust Jay. He had been leading town since the start!" Because that is where the danger lies.
:srsnod:
So that's not much to go off of. But no real disagreements, an early affirmative, and a late softball question to let DDL control the tone of the thread. Nutella, do you have anything else to add?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

You have figured it all out. Me and Bass are plotting to control the tone of the thread.

Gonna catch up later and respond everything else.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'd love if someone made an ISO on Bass btw. Tbh I don't think I have any opinion on him.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

I'm sorry I didn't spend the first 4 days trying to "look like a civ". :rolleyes:

If you really require an answer as to why I didn't post a lot it's because I work about 60 hours a week and have a 5 year old. And since when was me being quiet indicative of me being bad?
You being quiet wasn't.

You being more pacific than Glorfindel was.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I would prefer pitting TCF up against Bass today. Luffy should be revisited pending Bass's flip.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm up for a bass vote.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah, I'm good with that plan. I might pull up his ISO since DDL asked and since the thread is so dead right now.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

D0-D1 Bass is fairly active/assertive; he resists trusting JJJ; in the duel mechanics discussion he is in favor of dueling two suspects, earning JJJ's "baddies go the simple route" accusation. His Day 1 votes are for Scotty and MM (2nd vote for MM while Wilgy also only had 1 vote at the time), so actually a fairly good look there/makes me think he's less likely to be nanman actually.
Day 2 he's again fairly active, asking people's opinions, commenting on things, etc. Votes again for MM and for himself. 6th vote for MM. Still looking quite good on that front.
Day 3 he misses the vote, after having said "I wouldn't mind dueling today." :shrug:
Day 4 he comments that the above comment didn't get more heat, is otherwise inactive while he receives a bunch of votes and the next day he is surprised he got a bunch of votes.
Day 5 he is again inactive and missed the vote for the third time in a row.
Today he makes the weird comment about Quin not being killed as a high poster (ignoring the fact that DDL has more posts), though he does then vote for DDL along with Quin (voting early to make sure he doesn't miss it again).

...Okay, you know what, now that I did this ISO I'm much less convinced Bass is bad. His voting record for MM makes it pretty improbable that he's Nanman (which is the team I originally thought was likely for him and DDL together), and I don't really expect him to be Yellow Turban. He could be, but I don't see any actual reason to suspect as much.

Now it feels like I and a bunch of other people have been somehow guided to want to lynch Bass without any real reasoning. I wonder how that came about? Someone remind me how the Day 4 bandwagon on him started?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also though, we've been kind of assuming the YTs only have 2 members left, but considering their team is chock full of secrets they might have recruited by now and might be doing way better than we think. :scared:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote:Also though, we've been kind of assuming the YTs only have 2 members left, but considering their team is chock full of secrets they might have recruited by now and might be doing way better than we think. :scared:
ehhhhhhhh????????
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

You being quiet wasn't.

What does that mean?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I'm back!!!! While I had sporadic data on my phone, my phone battery was not so cooperative with keeping power, so I had little access while I was away. Missed pretty much all of the last lynch. Can someone summarize? Will try to read through it, but I have a ton to do this weekend.

Also, I see caps fan had second most votes. Any reason to no longer suspect him? Why the current discussion on DDL and Bass? Not questioning the suspicion, just wanting to know the reasons for it. Also Mac, but suspicion there was starting already before I was away, but are there additional reasons?

Thanks, yall.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Quin wrote:
nutella wrote:Also though, we've been kind of assuming the YTs only have 2 members left, but considering their team is chock full of secrets they might have recruited by now and might be doing way better than we think. :scared:
ehhhhhhhh????????
I second this "eh?". Now that you mention it, recruitment would be a pretty fitting mechanic for a religious cult, but nutella, where did you come up with this? Do you have any non-lore reason to think it?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh also, what happened to the suspicions/voting of me? That was a thing, right?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Actually, recruitment makes a lot of balance sense. I always thought that team was too small.

I don't find nutella suspicious for raising it. I mean, seriously, nutella is going to be chewed out by her own teammate MP all game and then spill their teams key secret? I don't think so.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Russtifinko wrote:Oh also, what happened to the suspicions/voting of me? That was a thing, right?
I don't think it should be, though. I'm glad people aren't voting you. I don't think you are bad.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:Actually, recruitment makes a lot of balance sense. I always thought that team was too small.

I don't find nutella suspicious for raising it. I mean, seriously, nutella is going to be chewed out by her own teammate MP all game and then spill their teams key secret? I don't think so.
No, neither do I. But I doubt it's the case, we already have a recruiting indie.
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

RIP Glorf. I was wrong about you, probably.
Russtifinko wrote:Oh also, what happened to the suspicions/voting of me? That was a thing, right?
The voting patterns in this game have been weird. And the surge of votes for DP yesterday was sketchy as all get out. Most of the players here know DP's style, yet a bunch voted him for doing the same things he literally always does. I still suspect TCF, and if I'm wrong about JJJ being a teammate, it's possible one (or more?) of those DP voters was trying to save him.

I also find Bass' driveby suspicious, so I'm leaning Bass and TCF right now. I still don't think any better of Lorab, but everybody seems convinced she's civvie for some reason.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@DF - there are like half the game full of inactives. For me, the DP vote was taking one person I suspected (capsfan) and one person that felt very inactive.

I feel a bit better about capsfan now so I won't vote there again.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

Golden wrote:@DF - there are like half the game full of inactives. For me, the DP vote was taking one person I suspected (capsfan) and one person that felt very inactive.

I feel a bit better about capsfan now so I won't vote there again.
Inactive doesn't mean bad. And killing them kills any chance of active players replacing in to civvie roles. It felt like an easy way for people to shirk responsibility for the vote by kicking an easy target while he's down.

I think it bothers me because I don't like seeing players getting lynched for their playstyle, especially when it's something which never changes due to their alignment. Having suffered that many, many times, it raises my hackles.

Cross-referencing the DP voters with the ridiculously fluctuating Russ votes, Eloh and Ninja stood out to me. But Eloh has voted for baddies repeatedly, so she's looking most likely civ to me. I'm going to look over Ninja in the morning.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@DF - its one of those things that there is always two sides to. For me, its only people who literally are not playing (which you never are, for instance). DP really didn't seem to be playing at all. This is different from someone like Bass, who is playing.

But, I guess I expect that people will vote. I don't mind if they do nothing else, but I do expect them to vote.

DP also had dodgy votes when he did vote.

The problem with allowing genuine inactives to survive is it makes the end game quite problematic and less fun. For me there is no easy solution.

I also think that nanman are quieter people (I hear Mac's objection!) so that is part of it too.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Russtifinko wrote:
Quin wrote:
ehhhhhhhh????????
I second this "eh?". Now that you mention it, recruitment would be a pretty fitting mechanic for a religious cult, but nutella, where did you come up with this? Do you have any non-lore reason to think it?
The fact that Yellow Turbans only have 3 members next to Nanman's 5, combined with the fact that all of their roles have secrets, leads me to believe it's likely they have a recruitment potential.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Quin wrote:
ehhhhhhhh????????
The fact that Yellow Turbans only have 3 members next to Nanman's 5, combined with the fact that all of their roles have secrets, leads me to believe it's likely they have a recruitment potential.
Do you still think that's the case even when there's an indie recruiter?
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

To be honest I haven't even been paying attention to the indie roles and forgot there was one that recruited. But yeah, I still think it's possible.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Dom »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Talking in this game seems dangerous. Also if they are killing high posters and people who look like they are these civ leaders then why would they leave Quin alive ?
So which baddie are you?
MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

You being quiet wasn't.

What does that mean?
It means that you haven't gone after anyone with any fervor all game. That's uncharacterisitc of you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nutella comes across as manipulative lately. She softly pushed the Bass wagon, then softly pushed the DDL wagon, then backed down almost immediately after and posted like she was blaming other people for starting.

I've been getting a scum vibe from her for ages. Might vote today.

Not sure if I'm gonna vote Boomslang again so soon. I still suspect him, but nobody else does so I'm just wasting my vote. And Russ feels like dejavu, plus he made a post in day 5 that I liked.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

You being quiet wasn't.

What does that mean?
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 61#p298061
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:The problem with allowing genuine inactives to survive is it makes the end game quite problematic and less fun. For me there is no easy solution.
There is. Modkill people.

I'd rather have a 4 week game with no inactives than a 6 week game with a bunch of inactives.

I don't get why hosts in this site avoid modkills so much. Yes it screws up balance, but it's a necessary evil.

Return to “Previous Jobs”