Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 62

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 9]

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Scotty wrote:Sometimes I fall asleep on the toilet.
Your words fall from your lips as rain from the sky. It is beautiful. Do you see the same beauty in the words of your brothers and sisters here with us? Does anyone strain to produce a persona which is not true to the natural order?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:So Zuo Ci, any thoughts?
???
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:Hm.... JJJ was a civ-- who's been trying their best to paint him as bad?
Wow...and see I was going to give an explanation of why I voted for JJJ but thought to keep my mouth shut since I don't have true evidence. But...I voted JJJ b/c I thought maybe this was a "bring someone back" poll. I thought JJJ was civ and thought whoever started the whole JJJ is bad thing is the one who is actually bad. Anyone know who started that train of thought?

Also, may I say that my instincts have been spot on this game despite not getting caught up in all the details of what everyone is saying. Meaning, I am not keeping up with the thread too much, but I do read for tone here and there and I have been wrong ONE time on who is who regarding roles and what not. B/c of that, I think I will share my thoughts on golden and Lorab. I think both are bad. The whole thing where golden changed his mind so quickly about Simon....I didn't say it at the time, but it pinged me somethin' awful. Lorab's overall tone has made me thing she is bad. And they both voted for TH most recently, who I think is also bad. Maybe they thought it was a resurrect poll as well.
I did. Why does it makes me bad?
You did what? Voted for TH? I never said it made you bad. In fact, I don;t even remember mentioning your name at all :p Scotty voted for TH too. I don't think he is bad. Your reaction is odd imo. Anyone who has been playing mafia more than a game or two would know that not EVERYONE in the vote line-up will be of the same alignment. Weird Quin, weird.
Yeah, weird.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

I'm not sure if you think me being inactive was purposeful strategy or what. Frankly, I'd never be intentionally inactive in any game. I just don't see the point of that.
This is a quote on day 4 from the prefect who must not be named. The silence on his part is hard to interpret in light of this quote. Is he powered up by mention of his name, or was that just storytelling by the host? Is his silence a ploy to get people to mention him, in spite of denying he would do that? Is he just inactive? I'm not feeling very good where he is concerned, but its possible I'm overlooking something.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Well, maybe it's for the best I was killed. My participation was pretty dreadful.

Sorry team, and host! It was a fun game even though I didn't getto spend as much time on it as I'd have liked to.

Go Wu!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:Hm.... JJJ was a civ-- who's been trying their best to paint him as bad?
Wow...and see I was going to give an explanation of why I voted for JJJ but thought to keep my mouth shut since I don't have true evidence. But...I voted JJJ b/c I thought maybe this was a "bring someone back" poll. I thought JJJ was civ and thought whoever started the whole JJJ is bad thing is the one who is actually bad. Anyone know who started that train of thought?

Also, may I say that my instincts have been spot on this game despite not getting caught up in all the details of what everyone is saying. Meaning, I am not keeping up with the thread too much, but I do read for tone here and there and I have been wrong ONE time on who is who regarding roles and what not. B/c of that, I think I will share my thoughts on golden and Lorab. I think both are bad. The whole thing where golden changed his mind so quickly about Simon....I didn't say it at the time, but it pinged me somethin' awful. Lorab's overall tone has made me thing she is bad. And they both voted for TH most recently, who I think is also bad. Maybe they thought it was a resurrect poll as well.
I did think it was a rez poll--I was explicit about that. But I did not vote TH. Nor did anyone else you have said voted for him--we all voted for Glorf. Is it Glorf or TH that you think is bad? And I don't even know what to make of you mixing the 2 up.

And I'm not bad, so if you are tone reading me, then you either don't know what my tones are or you are misreading it. Or you're just trying to stir up shit.
Scotty wrote:
Scotty wrote:K. JJJ was bad.

I actually was hoping he would be bad, which would look more incriminating for the people that originally questioned his alignment. I'm pretty sure Quin brought it up first, but again now that JJJ is bad, I think that looks better for him.
Er, that should read JJJ is GOOD. I just woke up. Gimme a break
On the toilet?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Elohcin »

Did I seriously get that confused? Man, I don't even know what to say. I am going to go look at the poll thread. I assume there is a poll thread for this game. I did vote for JJJ, right? Man I am confused. Did I say I've been working 8 hour days AND doing school with the kiddos on top of normal household stuff? Aye-Aye-Aye. On the plus side, my RL is going great. Look at my kids (students) y'all. At least I'm doing something right :)
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

You voted Jay.

Looking back, I think what you got confused about is who I voted and who LoRab voted. We both voted Glorfindel.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:You voted Jay.

Looking back, I think what you got confused about is who I voted and who LoRab voted. We both voted Glorfindel.
Okay. that's what it was, I guess. I still have to look at the vote thread. As soon as I posted, I was called to supper. Then cleaned up and now I'm folding clothes. I will get there eventually.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

So...my theory may be mute....not sure yet.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

okay, yup....I totally messed that one up. I think I will go back to not talking. :disappoint:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote:okay, yup....I totally messed that one up. I think I will go back to not talking. :disappoint:
Quesiton though - why am I suspicious for listening to you when it comes to Simon. Don't you think it is fair for me to expect you to have the best read?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:So Zuo Ci, any thoughts?
???
I will speak my thoughts as freely as they flow from my mind to my mouth. Anything more is a beytrayal of the tenets I hold closest. Perhaps it could be that as your own thoughts fill the open air, I will be touched by them and the flow will be encouraged.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 3]

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

TheCapsFan wrote:I would be comfortable being voted for.
Our departed spirit is at peace. He lived by truth and he embraced The Way. His light was lost before its time, and nature mourns him. His enemies would bring him to destruction, and it is they who do not act in accordance with the will of the universe. It is they who seek opportunity; it is they who encroach upon the spirit of the weak. To forget this is to be free, but my thoughts dwell there alone. If you would feel what I feel, you may be guided to understand what may move my voting hand.

I would speak the names of those whose actions may not be in harmony with nature. They are Scotty, LoRab, Quin, and nutella. Others may apply, but my thoughts wander with the wind...
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:
Elohcin wrote:okay, yup....I totally messed that one up. I think I will go back to not talking. :disappoint:
Quesiton though - why am I suspicious for listening to you when it comes to Simon. Don't you think it is fair for me to expect you to have the best read?
Yes. I do think I would be best to know if Simon is good or bad. But the way you backed off so quickly makes me think you didn't have much of a theory for him being bad in the first place. Who throws out accusations without much substance? Baddies do.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:
Yes. I do think I would be best to know if Simon is good or bad. But the way you backed off so quickly makes me think you didn't have much of a theory for him being bad in the first place. Who throws out accusations without much substance? Baddies do.
I think it was very clear that the accusation had little substance from the start, so I find it odd that you would only notice how little substance it had because I listened to you. I've admitted to the fact I'm not reading the thread, and I would say the only suspicion I've had with any substance at all is the one of Scotty. That's something like 14 votes I've made that lack any substance at all.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:
I think it was very clear that the accusation had little substance from the start, so I find it odd that you would only notice how little substance it had because I listened to you. I've admitted to the fact I'm not reading the thread, and I would say the only suspicion I've had with any substance at all is the one of Scotty. That's something like 14 votes I've made that lack any substance at all.
HAHAHA....see, I am not reading much of the thread either :P And I have said so as well, but I never saw where you said that. so I only assumed your theory had little substance once you changed your mind so quickly. Poor Epi. He put so much into this game and no one is even paying attention. At least I told him before signing up that I wouldn't be paying much attention. But I still feel bad. It's just not an awesome time for Mafia for me right now.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

apparently a lot of people aren't reading or participating in votes either.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Zuo Ci wrote:
TheCapsFan wrote:I would be comfortable being voted for.
Our departed spirit is at peace. He lived by truth and he embraced The Way. His light was lost before its time, and nature mourns him. His enemies would bring him to destruction, and it is they who do not act in accordance with the will of the universe. It is they who seek opportunity; it is they who encroach upon the spirit of the weak. To forget this is to be free, but my thoughts dwell there alone. If you would feel what I feel, you may be guided to understand what may move my voting hand.

I would speak the names of those whose actions may not be in harmony with nature. They are Scotty, LoRab, Quin, and nutella. Others may apply, but my thoughts wander with the wind...
I'm happy to speak with you.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Don't get me wrong... it's not that I'm not enjoying the game, and I love epi's theming always. It's just that I don't want to get too invested in a game that I might have to stop playing if the baby comes, because otherwise I won't stop playing, and my wife will be upset.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'll do my analysis of the flipped baddies this afternoon. There's still so many people alive so I imagine it'll be fairly basic, just because I'm not so invested that I would spend an entire day sorting through both sides of everyone's interactions.

I also notice my names been brought up by our little friend, but I don't speak English above a fifth grade level so I don't completely understand :p . I imagine he's suggesting he finds my accusation of TCF for volunteering to be voted to be suspicious, and to that I would say that I find anyone who tried that to be suspicious, for reasons I believe I've elaborated on twice now.

He should also continue to umm..let the course of nature..guide ..his hand... to the discovery of an epiphany to..umm...enlighten us all.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

But I also do have a fairly meaty report due at the end of the week so my activity might be a bit more 'spotty' until then. I usually say this and then wind up being twice as active as I was before, probably because of how much of a procrastinator I am :p , but it doesn't hurt to mention just in case I drop off the face of the earth.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Don't be silly, Quin.

I've seen you using at least sixth grade English.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

Quin wrote:I'll do my analysis of the flipped baddies this afternoon. There's still so many people alive so I imagine it'll be fairly basic, just because I'm not so invested that I would spend an entire day sorting through both sides of everyone's interactions.

I also notice my names been brought up by our little friend, but I don't speak English above a fifth grade level so I don't completely understand :p . I imagine he's suggesting he finds my accusation of TCF for volunteering to be voted to be suspicious, and to that I would say that I find anyone who tried that to be suspicious, for reasons I believe I've elaborated on twice now.

He should also continue to umm..let the course of nature..guide ..his hand... to the discovery of an epiphany to..umm...enlighten us all.
In this game, volunteering to be voted isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are some incentives to dueling, but I take it that you won't be volunteering, since you find it suspicious. Given the mechanics of the game, I don't see it as cut and dried as you see it. I'll reread your posts on it to see the reasons you elaborated on.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Matahari wrote:
Quin wrote:I'll do my analysis of the flipped baddies this afternoon. There's still so many people alive so I imagine it'll be fairly basic, just because I'm not so invested that I would spend an entire day sorting through both sides of everyone's interactions.

In this game, volunteering to be voted isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are some incentives to dueling, but I take it that you won't be volunteering, since you find it suspicious. Given the mechanics of the game, I don't see it as cut and dried as you see it. I'll reread your posts on it to see the reasons you elaborated on.
I won't be volunteering, no. I still think we should be putting our top scum reads up every time. We don't need to worry about the probabilities of a civ volunteer losing if we aren't putting a civ read on the chopping block on the first place. We're more likely to learn things this way too, which is something that I believe Scotty was getting at earlier.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:Don't be silly, Quin.

I've seen you using at least sixth grade English.
You mean it? :goofp:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'll go in order of when each person flipped for this, and just highlight any interactions or posts that stand out.

---

DrWilgy

He voted sig for prefect on a 'first to do [action]'. I recall this method getting a bit of scrutiny early on because it could easily enough be a premeditated baddie move. So I figured I'd mention this.
DrWilgy wrote:
nutella wrote:Oh I also want to hear more from Wilgy. I feel like he's usually a lot more active than this, but I keep forgetting he's even in this game and I don't think that's a good sign. Likewise with sig, to a slightly lesser extent.
How could you forget about me LoRab? I was at work and had dnd night, but never left...
Sort of a softball sus at Wilgy and sig from nutella. There are more people that those two who's inactivity was apparent on Day 1, and I've just previously brought up a connection between Wilgy and sig, so I can't help but look into this. Another observation is that he mixed up nutella and LoRab's names. But nothing more than that at this point.
DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
nutella wrote:Oh I also want to hear more from Wilgy. I feel like he's usually a lot more active than this, but I keep forgetting he's even in this game and I don't think that's a good sign. Likewise with sig, to a slightly lesser extent.
How could you forget about me LoRab? I was at work and had dnd night, but never left...
wat

It's like you just woke up from a bad dream at precisely the time someone talks about you
Marmot friend told me in btsc that I was being talked about.

Im very suspicious of Lorab now that you mention it Marmot friend!
Considering LoRab didn't even show up until Day 2 I'm inclined to think he's talking about nutella. Or maybe this is just some complex mindfuck orchestrated by The Syndicates most incomprehensible baddie team to distance themselves from a teammate. :p
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I should just start playing like MM. He has more fun than I do.
Are you not having fun? :(

Stay determined friend.

DrWilgy wrote:
LoRab hasn't posted yet DrWilgy. Does that bother you?
I guess this is the other half to the last thing I commented on with Wilgy, so nutella has nothing to do with this one at all.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm voting for DrWilgy and Turnip Head in the hopes that one of them will end up dueling me. :workit: Oh, and the day ends in 75 minutes.

Catch you all later.
I've gone full circle and come back to this post a second time to consider the possibility that this was some triple teammate bus/vote/distancing whatever the fuck. I wish I'd voted TH last night now. :grin: At the least what I can do is go through TH again and come to a concrete opinion as to whether he was their teammate or not. I'd also like to compare this with anyone else who wants to go through his posts if anyone is interested. What say you, Zuo Ci?
I don't like that Dom hasn't talked about me at all. I don't like that Russtifinko denied my offer at a duel. I have a grudge with Turnip Head. Nutella looks appeaseable but I think that's par for the course from her. There is the LoRab comment that DrWilgy made. After some thought, this is my shortlist of people.
Marmot's response after 3J questioned him for his suspects. Keep in mind the Nanman also need to be scum hunting. Marmot has some dialogue with/about MP that makes me think that he has been doing this, and that he was at some point eyeing him up as a suspect. The only one of these that I'd accept without question is his suspicion of nutella (not to say I'd agree with it, I have no playing experience with her). Why should Dom have talked about you? I'd question the last one because I don't actually know who he was trying to shade.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't...actually expect anyone to answer that thing about Dom. I kind of went ahead without concluding that one.

The quality of his suspicions kind of fluxuates between legitimate and forced, and that shouldn't be happening for a baddie who's legitimately scum hunting (as I think he was). He makes a good point against nutella that I'd typically associate with baddie behaviour, so I think that one was legitimate. His Dom and TH cases give off a teamie vibe of sorts, though.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 1]

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I would be willing to throw out the following slight town GTHs:

Boomslang
Dragon D. Luffy
JaggedJimmyJay
Quin
Turnip Head

Could change at the drop of a hat, but so far I'm feeling OK at what they've brought to this thread so far. Anybody else have some GTHs yet?
This was what originally founded my MP suspicion, so far all but Boomslang and myself are dead, and among those that are, the only one who's alignment is in question is TH. I believe I already did a read on Boomslang much earlier, but I'll update that just in case there were some baddie associations here. These names were just made up of the most active people at the time, so I think any interactions that may be involved here is coincidental, but I will go look through people who were active that didn't make his list.

I already mentioned that Mac looks good out of the fallout from that post. The back and forth they had was way too emotional and heated to be premeditated in BTSC. It helps my read when after the fact MP still went through the dialogue and made an actual case on him. Mac, I don't think you ever responded to it - I tried posting it here again but every time I tried to the formatting went all weird and chunks got cut out of it. It's on his second page of posts and I'd very much like it if you could talk about it.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I think, of Dom, MM, and Russ, at least from what I've read thus far, I can most understand why Dom is getting attention, but I don't agree with it. It's the classic "_______ is making assertions and not backing them up or stating them in an obtrusive way, therefore ______ must have sinister intentions" combined with the phenomenon that taking strong stances and/or attracting attention with weird behavior or a posting gimmick also is more likely to have sinister intentions.

I wouldn't call Dom a remotely strong civilian read by any means at this point, but this stuff is pretty weak, guys. Especially with all of the players that are contributing bupkis.

He has a few posts around this time where he's pretty strongly defending Dom. He instigated a CFD on timmer because he didn't like the three main wagons. Dom is the only unknown there and MP could have easily gotten by not opposing the main trains. He says he understands why Dom is getting attention and calls the cases against him weak, which is contradictory imo. I saw teamie potential between Dom and Wilgy/Marmot, but I'm seeing it stronger here.
MovingPictures07 wrote:DDL, just here quickly to say that I don't understand how you're coming to the meta assessments of me this game. I don't think I'm patient and I don't at all think that I always react patiently to suspicion when I'm civilian. So if you suspect me for your meta assessment of me, I'm not sure what to say about that. I'm sorry I didn't try to converse with you on it but I keep popping on here when instead I should be studying and I don't have the time to get bogged down in a conversation right now. I just wanted to quickly post my observation because it appeared to me that you were misrepresenting me, and I found that suspicious. Like I said, if you suspect me because I barely talked about MM, cool, I honestly expected more heat about that by now. I was wrong about him, but I didn't like the way everyone was bandwagoning him for what I saw as barely alignment indicative behavior, especially since he and Wilgy WIFOM the fuck out of each other every game. I'm willing to take responsibility for the fact that I was wrong.

And lol Dom, you suspect me in every game we play together, so I knew it was a matter of time. I don't feel like arguing with you and I don't have the time. But I'll just point out that timmer wanted to duel and he wasn't bad, so... yeah. I have my reasons. Trust me. I wanted to duel nutella today.
I'm pretty confident in saying nutella isn't a yellow turban. I don't think MP in his current PhD workload would really want to go to the effort of duelling his own teammate and potentially killing a teammate more active than he is.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Based on all that, these are people who I think deserve more scrutiny (in no particular order)

Potential Nanmans:
nutella
sig
Dom
Turnip Head

Potential Yellow Turbans:
Dom
Turnip Head

I also went back five pages from when MP made his initial green list and here's a list of everyone I'd consider to have been 'active' during that time but didn't make MP's green list:

Golden
Dom
insertnamehere
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Quin wrote:Based on all that, these are people who I think deserve more scrutiny (in no particular order)

Potential Nanmans:
nutella
sig
Dom
Turnip Head

Dom
Turnip Head

I also went back five pages from when MP made his initial green list and here's a list of everyone I'd consider to have been 'active' during that time but didn't make MP's green list:

Golden
Dom
insertnamehere
So you don't think I'm bad anymore?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

Bass_the_Clever wrote: So you don't think I'm bad anymore?
I think the bigger issue is that you've won two duels in a row and presumably have some pretty kicking power-ups. Even if we did think you were bad, I don't know if anyone could take you out in a fight. Might have to come back to you once we've knocked off a few other people.

I also just wanted to point out that our little green hostpost friend has had a frankly terrible track record. With the JJJ reveal, his very first post of "JaggedJimmyJay" is incorrect, and DDL flipped civ; we can't seem to lynch Bass, so no way to evaluate that claim. I suppose the posts have to come from a civ role... now I'm wondering who.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:Based on all that, these are people who I think deserve more scrutiny (in no particular order)

Potential Nanmans:
nutella
sig
Dom
Turnip Head

Dom
Turnip Head

Golden
Dom
insertnamehere
We can scrutinize TH all we want. He dead now, and I thought him bad then, and I still think he bad.

as for MP's green list, do you think those on the list are suspicious? Because I would not expect Mp to complete disregard his team on a green list. I'd expect 1-2 maybe.

Looks like you've got Nutella as a potential Nanman. I seem to remember getting shit for even suggesting the link because of MP's and nutella's fracas in the early days. I do think that the Wilgy WIFOM referring to LoRab may or may not have to do with Nutella, since he was technically replying to nutella's post.

I'm still down to vote Nutella and INH. For the 3rd (4th?) day in a row. And I'm fine in avoiding anyone that's dueled before.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Quin, I'm not sure why you think I'm "potential nanman," and to be honest I don't really understand how you arrived at most of your list (I kind of get the Dom and TH part I guess). Could you elaborate? What makes you think I could be nanman based on those posts and taking my voting record into account?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

Well, I'm leaving to go to an out-of-town concert (Explosions in the Sky!) and have to vote. So... going with Elo for not explaining her vote on Dom after repeated questioning, and inh because I think there's something to Quin's approach.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

LoRab wrote:I'm happy to speak with you.
And so we commune, spirit to spirit, and may our words reveal virtue. Our fallen brother, he who welcomed the end freely, was met with your ire. It is my chief worry that this ire is not in alignment with the flow of life, and that you have not embraced wu wei. Allow your anger to take you this moment, that I might observe it as you express it, and perhaps my perspective will warp to your will.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Quin wrote:What say you, Zuo Ci?
He who bore the symbol of the turnip is gone to us, his spirit joined with the ether. We must honor the dead.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

nutella wrote:Quin, I'm not sure why you think I'm "potential nanman," and to be honest I don't really understand how you arrived at most of your list (I kind of get the Dom and TH part I guess). Could you elaborate? What makes you think I could be nanman based on those posts and taking my voting record into account?
I'm just quoting because I also want to hear more from Quin about this. I haven't seen anything particularly suspicious from you.

I'm also not sure of the reasoning behind not wanting to vote for people who have dueled before. Sure, they get prizes, but I kind of doubt the prizes are boosts to help them win more duels; that seems a little broken. Having said that, I don't plan on voting Bass as I'm reading him civ at this point.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Oh yeah TH is dead lol. Good one Quin :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:

Potential Nanmans:
nutella
sig
Dom
Turnip Head

Dom
Turnip Head

Golden
Dom
insertnamehere
We can scrutinize TH all we want. He dead now, and I thought him bad then, and I still think he bad.

as for MP's green list, do you think those on the list are suspicious? Because I would not expect Mp to complete disregard his team on a green list. I'd expect 1-2 maybe.

Looks like you've got Nutella as a potential Nanman. I seem to remember getting shit for even suggesting the link because of MP's and nutella's fracas in the early days. I do think that the Wilgy WIFOM referring to LoRab may or may not have to do with Nutella, since he was technically replying to nutella's post.

I'm still down to vote Nutella and INH. For the 3rd (4th?) day in a row. And I'm fine in avoiding anyone that's dueled before.
I don't know. Like I said, his green list was just composed of then-active players so I don't know if future-proofing himself was his motivation.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote:Quin, I'm not sure why you think I'm "potential nanman," and to be honest I don't really understand how you arrived at most of your list (I kind of get the Dom and TH part I guess). Could you elaborate? What makes you think I could be nanman based on those posts and taking my voting record into account?
I didn't take your voting record into account, that list is made up almost entirely of the interactions of confirmed baddies. Your soft accusation to sig and Wilgy caught my attention just because I'd already come up with a thought processes for a sig/Wilgy team. Yours isn't the strongest case I have in that list, especially since sig hasn't flipped, so I do think you deserve scrutiny, but I don't think you should be voted today if we're voting based off of my insight (which you shouldn't - get your own damn cases :p )
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote:Oh yeah TH is dead lol. Good one Quin :p
He is.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I am sort of here today, but I'm also sick and don't have a ton of energy. I'll try to vote and stuff.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I guess I'll just put my votes in a bit early, going with Dom and sig.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:I guess I'll just put my votes in a bit early, going with Dom and sig.
you misclicked on simon.

sig still has not posted since i joined this game. That's beyond the point of being suspicious, he clearly just has things going on and can't play right now. But he's not ruled out as a suspect. Voting for him isn't a bad option in a game like this. With this many inactive players and a lack of strong active suspects (for me, at least), it's feeling more and more likely that lynching inactive players can catch us a bad guy or two. It's never going to be my favorite strategy, but I hate it less in a game like this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:Don't get me wrong... it's not that I'm not enjoying the game, and I love epi's theming always. It's just that I don't want to get too invested in a game that I might have to stop playing if the baby comes, because otherwise I won't stop playing, and my wife will be upset.
I thought the baby was due in October. I guess I was wrong. So excited for you two. I wanna see pictures!! :D
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:I guess I'll just put my votes in a bit early, going with Dom and sig.
you misclicked on simon.

sig still has not posted since i joined this game. That's beyond the point of being suspicious, he clearly just has things going on and can't play right now. But he's not ruled out as a suspect. Voting for him isn't a bad option in a game like this. With this many inactive players and a lack of strong active suspects (for me, at least), it's feeling more and more likely that lynching inactive players can catch us a bad guy or two. It's never going to be my favorite strategy, but I hate it less in a game like this.
oh bobba

sig has posted for brief periods during Day 2, and he made a good point against TH in however limited his activity was.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Would anyone be down for Lynch A Lurker today? We've got a lot of names to choose from in that category.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Sloonei wrote:Would anyone be down for Lynch A Lurker today? We've got a lot of names to choose from in that category.
To disrupt the peaceful meditation of those who remain silent is to be without honor or compassion. I am open to you though, should you speak the names of those whose silence disturbs your own peace, for silence is also a product of cowardice among the amoral. Who is it that you would destroy?

Return to “Previous Jobs”