Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 10]

Post by Epignosis »

indiglo is replacing sig.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 11: A Foot Soldier Makes a Vow
金色的
Upon hearing of the death of Eloh Cin, a foot soldier named Gol Den made it his duty to track down the Nanman and bring them to ruin, and he took an oath before his officers. For his bravery, they awarded him a horse. When the army was ordered to assault the jungles of the barbarians, Gol Den rode out to challenge Meng Huo’s man.

Gol Den engaged in battle with Meng Huo’s champion for half a hundred bouts and neither side had an advantage. After that, the barbarian warrior called for a pause, and each man went back to his company.

“I can defeat him,” Gol Den claimed.

Gol Den fell as soon as he reentered combat, because no one noticed that a fresh warrior had been sent in the old warrior’s costume.

No more of this conflict will be relayed here.

Golden has been killed by the Nanman.
It is now Day 11. You have 48 hours and two votes to find a threat to the Han!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boomslang
Golden
MacDougall
Matahari
nutella
Quin

Bullzeye
DFaraday
Dunny
Jan
leetic
LoRab
Scotty
Sloonei

Dom
Bass_the_Clever
nijuukyugou
sig
Simon
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 11]

Post by LoRab »

Kidnapped again. Meh.

I need to go back and check who mentioned me early on both times I was silenced, as I think it was perhaps purposeful.

I'm not bad. I may have unpopluar points of view and I may be stubborn as shit about them. But that's me being me. Yes, I voted INH late. Because that's when I got online. And I saw that there had been good points made about him. No, I hadn't mentioned him before. He was slightly pingy in the back of my brain for running for prefect and disappearing, but it was a dull and minor ping, and was never relevant enough (or pingy enough) to mention.

That seems to be the basic gist of the case against me. If there is anything else, let me know.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

i'm not bad dood.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

LoRab wrote:Kidnapped again. Meh.

I need to go back and check who mentioned me early on both times I was silenced, as I think it was perhaps purposeful.

I'm not bad. I may have unpopluar points of view and I may be stubborn as shit about them. But that's me being me. Yes, I voted INH late. Because that's when I got online. And I saw that there had been good points made about him. No, I hadn't mentioned him before. He was slightly pingy in the back of my brain for running for prefect and disappearing, but it was a dull and minor ping, and was never relevant enough (or pingy enough) to mention.

That seems to be the basic gist of the case against me. If there is anything else, let me know.
I mean, I made a whole case on you before that wasn't about tunneling. :shrug2: Since it's absurdly long, I'll just link it here. The basic reason is in response to this train of events:

Glorf presents a case on Timmer
Lorab: That's a convincing case *votes Timmer*
Timmer turns out to be civ
Lorab: It was all a baddie ploy, Glorf is bad!

Going along with the case, then immediately (literally, her very next post) turning around and going after the guy who presented it when it turns out to be incorrect struck me as very shady, even more so now that we know Glorf was civ.

In addition, as I outlined in my earlier post, Lorab was not only tunneling TH, she was, in my opinion, twisting the facts to fit her case on him. The fact that she keeps saying the only case on her is for tunneling (as she also did here)only makes me more suspicious of her.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Oh no RIP Golden :(
Great result with Daisy!

I'm probably looking to vote for Sig again today, I think it's fairly likely he's the third YT.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 100

Post by indiglo »

"Welcome indiglo, thanks for subbing into this huge, overwhelming game that's been going on for over a month already!"

"Oh thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone, I'll do what I can in this game I know nothing about!"

:shrug2:

ANYWAY...

Whoever posted that rainbow list and has sig as orange, you are off base. Nutella, also, way off. If there were any actual issues with sig, I'm happy to try to address them to the best of my ability, but you are indeed barking up the wrong tree. I am not Yellow. It washes me out, I strictly told Epi I don't do yellow. :pout:

I'm not really sure where to look first here, but I appreciate DFaraday linking to something I can actually read. I am not going to attempt to read the entire thread, but I would like to try to get my feet under me as quickly as possible. So feel free to point me in any direction.

I would like to verify a few things I have picked up on trying to read the roles, etc:
- The baddies in the game have recruitment options, but they are limited to a certain number only, and certain roles only, correct?
- Another question, who is "Zuo Ci" in the poll? I assume it's a sockpuppet account (I'm bright like that :noble: ) but is there any other info on who it is, and how they came to be? I will look through the roles again and see if there is an official role that sends a message through the host, or if that may be the fruit of a reward of some sort.

That's all I can come up with for now.

But also, yay on having some successful lynches! Is there a general consensus where/who to look at for today? Also, do you have a general strategy on how you are choosing where to place both votes each day? (Like, a general "duel winner" vs. a "suspected baddie"? Or just 2 suspected baddies? Or what here?)

I think that actually may be it for now. But feel free to speak to me as though I just joined a big game and don't know really what's going on. :grin:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

hi indi. :)

i'm not the greatest person to answer your questions. I've been very busy and just diong my best to keep my head above water. I've just been voting for whoever I think is bad. HOWEVER, I notice that you ask a lot of questions and have a certain level of ignorance in the game. Why, then, are you confident that nutella is civ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

Hi Indi, welcome. I replaced in too, and I'm a bit more comfortable now, but still find myself researching posts constantly. Good luck to you.

I have found four players who did not seem eager to vote inactives. Quin, Sig (sorry Indi), Golden, and Lorab (in sideways fashion? Lorab suspected Glorf, I think, for mentioning inactives a lot, as though he was trying to point suspicion their way, but she also pointed out that he only mentioned voting them once, and she found this suspicious for some reason).

On the one hand, this is suspicious because we have turned up 2 bad inactives now, but on the other hand, there is more btsc than just bad teams. I also have a theory that Epignosis is not replacing the mafia inactives. I could be wrong there, of course, but I'm kind of stuck on that.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

good game, guys. Good luck!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Whoops, missed the replacement, hi indi!
To answer some of your questions:
- Zuo Ci is a sock that posted a fair amount in the last day period and also voted. Interesting if he's still around today. IIRC Daisy's flipped role is the one that "summons apparitions" and someone had a theory that he was one such apparition? Or maybe the theory was that the other sock we encountered earlier (who only posted in Chinese) was that and Zuo Ci is from another role, but I don't remember.
- I don't quite understand your question about baddie recruitment. We know of an indie role that recruits, but we don't know about the baddie teams for sure -- though I have stated that I think it's a strong possibility that the YTs have recruiting ability since they started with fewer players than Nanman and are full of secrets. I think based on the wording of your question, unless you know something we don't about the baddie teams ;) , you're referring to the indie role -- looks like he is limited to recruiting one warrior from each kingdom.
- We have been generally dueling the two top baddie suspects. There has been much discourse since the beginning of the game about the "winner" strategy given the winner gets a prize, and some players (notably Bass) have confidently volunteered themselves to duel, but we've been voting based on suspicion and have so far never had a shortage of candidates to pit against each other :p
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

Matahari wrote:Hi Indi, welcome. I replaced in too, and I'm a bit more comfortable now, but still find myself researching posts constantly. Good luck to you.

I have found four players who did not seem eager to vote inactives. Quin, Sig (sorry Indi), Golden, and Lorab (in sideways fashion? Lorab suspected Glorf, I think, for mentioning inactives a lot, as though he was trying to point suspicion their way, but she also pointed out that he only mentioned voting them once, and she found this suspicious for some reason).

On the one hand, this is suspicious because we have turned up 2 bad inactives now, but on the other hand, there is more btsc than just bad teams. I also have a theory that Epignosis is not replacing the mafia inactives. I could be wrong there, of course, but I'm kind of stuck on that.
This trend of lynching inactive baddies based on them being inactive has never worked out for me before now, so this is a new experience for me. It happened by a fluke in Red vs Blue, I guess. I don't know anything about BTSC unfortunately. :shrug:

If I'm gonna say something, I'll say that I didn't oppose of lynching INH - it just happened that a significant part of the case against him was that he didn't live up to peoples expectations as a prefect, therefore bad - which was objectively silly. I still stand by my thought process that the people who pushed against him with that case deserve further scrutiny.

I'm still not completely well, my throat feels like someones been fishing around in there with a razor :p Nevertheless, I'll get back into the swing of things - not that there's been much thread content recently :sigh:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

You're welcome.
DFaraday wrote:

I mean, I made a whole case on you before that wasn't about tunneling. :shrug2: Since it's absurdly long, I'll just link it here. The basic reason is in response to this train of events:

Going along with the case, then immediately (literally, her very next post) turning around and going after the guy who presented it when it turns out to be incorrect struck me as very shady, even more so now that we know Glorf was civ.

In addition, as I outlined in my earlier post, Lorab was not only tunneling TH, she was, in my opinion, twisting the facts to fit her case on him. The fact that she keeps saying the only case on her is for tunneling (as she also did here)only makes me more suspicious of her.
Wait, where was this canon? I don't think we know that at all. Did I miss something?

Also, LoRab, kidnapped again eh? I could believe that, but I also am wary of kidnappings at this stage. I think you very well could be Nanman.

I do not suspect indiglo in the slightest right now because if she were a YT she would have killed someone last night. But YT didn't kill. Again.

I'm all for lynching an inactive at this point to eliminate the YT's (if they haven't been eliminated already, but I assume Epi would notify us of such). If the YTs have been eliminated, Mr. indie leader would take over and we haven't seen that yet.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty wrote: Wait, where was this canon? I don't think we know that at all. Did I miss something?
D'oh, you're right. Given that he voted decisively in MP's lynch and was killed by the Nanman, I just got it into my head that he was civ.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

My votes are like butterflies, released into the open air so that they may flutter to wherever their instincts may pull them.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote:
Scotty wrote: Wait, where was this canon? I don't think we know that at all. Did I miss something?
D'oh, you're right. Given that he voted decisively in MP's lynch and was killed by the Nanman, I just got it into my head that he was civ.
I mean I also think he was civ, but one can never be certain.

:nicenod:

Zuo Ci doesn't like Dunny. Should we vote with him today? I could do that.

Hey @SLOONEI!! Where are you brother? I could vote you as well. I think the Nanman is someone that is talking, but is barely talking. Ya dig? Someone that could still have the mindedness to send in kills (of low posters, as Golden has pointed out). Ah, but here's the rub...they killed GOLDEN who was not a low poster. So maybe they're getting nervous.

If I had to vote right now, it would be for LoRab and Dunny. But I could just as easily vote for Sloonei. :shrug2:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hi Scotty, I am working a ton. I'm also leaving the country in a week now, so I'm not gonna have time for things then either. I really really don't have time to be playing this game and I feel bad about it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I suppose I can contribute by asking why you'd vote for me, though. Is it just because I've gone silent? I can't help that and I don't expect it to change, unfortunately, but there was a time where I was an active contributor in this thread and I'd like think I put up a strong town effort in those posts. If there's anything that looks suspect in my actual content, feel free to share it. I can't promise I'll be able to respond to it, but anything that gets a conversation flowing is a plus.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I still have the second highest post count in this game. That's not good. Hey everyone, make more posts. *retreats into cave of hypocrisy*
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am currently just watching football for 2 hours before I go to work, so I'll be loosely around to contribute to discussions if any arise.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That's good, thanks for your input folks!

Posted again from my Cave of Hypocrisy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

DFaraday wrote:

Yes, I went back and forth on Glorf. I don't see how that makes me suspicious. I believed him, voted to lynch a civ; with that new knowledge, changed my mind about how I perceived the nature of his post. That's it, really.

And going after TH and continually listing reasons that I suspect him, even if they aren't the same as what you would find suspicious, is what I mean by tunneling. When I suspect someone, yes, most of their behavior I see as bad. And yes, I point out all sorts of things that other players don't see as suspicious. And yes, I do see that as tunneling. At least that's how I use the term. So, I apologize for forgetting part of your post.

You seem convinced that I'm bad, and I don't think I'm going to change your mind. You will see that you are wrong (unless you are falsely accusing me as a baddie).
Matahari wrote:Hi Indi, welcome. I replaced in too, and I'm a bit more comfortable now, but still find myself researching posts constantly. Good luck to you.

I found it suspish that Glorf mentioned the inactives a lot on the first couple of days. It did not seem to make sense to assume that the baddie teams were made up entirely of inactives because there were expected kills that didn't happen. At this point in the game, it's totally different.
Scotty wrote:You're welcome.
DFaraday wrote:

Wait, where was this canon? I don't think we know that at all. Did I miss something?

Also, LoRab, kidnapped again eh? I could believe that, but I also am wary of kidnappings at this stage. I think you very well could be Nanman.

I do not suspect indiglo in the slightest right now because if she were a YT she would have killed someone last night. But YT didn't kill. Again.

I'm all for lynching an inactive at this point to eliminate the YT's (if they haven't been eliminated already, but I assume Epi would notify us of such). If the YTs have been eliminated, Mr. indie leader would take over and we haven't seen that yet.
I'm not Nanman. I'm not any kind of baddie or indy. I'm civ.

Also, you're the first one to have brought me up on the last day. I can't help but wonder if your plan all along was to accuse me when I was silenced and hope to get the ball rolling. And is being wary of kidnappings what your team's plan was to make me seem more suspicious?

And why are you wary of kidnapping?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Scotty wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
I mean I also think he was civ, but one can never be certain.

:nicenod:

Zuo Ci doesn't like Dunny. Should we vote with him today? I could do that.

Hey @SLOONEI!! Where are you brother? I could vote you as well. I think the Nanman is someone that is talking, but is barely talking. Ya dig? Someone that could still have the mindedness to send in kills (of low posters, as Golden has pointed out). Ah, but here's the rub...they killed GOLDEN who was not a low poster. So maybe they're getting nervous.

If I had to vote right now, it would be for LoRab and Dunny. But I could just as easily vote for Sloonei. :shrug2:
The YTs are the ones that kill low posters. The nanman have always killed high posters. I feel lucky to still be alive :scared:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh, also, I agree about indiglo -- I said I thought sig was likely to be YT but I took that back when I saw she'd replaced him, and found her first post pretty genuine. I do think it is worth ratting out their (hopefully) last member (you'd think if they had a recruit they would have someone more active by now); unfortunately the inactive pool is still fairly big to choose from -- Dunny, Bullzeye, Jan, and Leetic.

Actually, when did the YTs kill last? If Spacedaisy actually wasn't around at all for several days like she said, depending on when their last kill was it might not be one of those entirely inactive players, maybe someone who's been around now and then like Simon or Niju. Idk. Someone should figure this out. :p Everyone keeps saying to specifically vote for Dunny since Zuo Ci is so gung-Zuo about him though, and I'd be fine putting one of my votes there regardless. I don't entirely trust Zuo Ci nor think he necessarily has information but I feel like we should be taking his input at least somewhat seriously.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I'm a bit curious about Dunny. He beat INH who was a nanman warrior. The yt team has no warriors left, if my notes are right, and the nanman team has one warrior left. So, for Dunny to be bad, he would have had to be on the same team as INH, right? That's possible, I suppose. I forgot to check whether the indys have a warrior.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Dom wrote:hi indi. :)

i'm not the greatest person to answer your questions. I've been very busy and just diong my best to keep my head above water. I've just been voting for whoever I think is bad. HOWEVER, I notice that you ask a lot of questions and have a certain level of ignorance in the game. Why, then, are you confident that nutella is civ?
I am not confident that Nutella is civ. I am only confident in telling her that her suspicion of sig (and therefore of me) is wrong. Sorry if I was confusing in my wording!
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Hi Mata! I'm glad you have found a certain level of comfort as a replacement, I hope I can attain something in that neighborhood at some point. Ok, so it seems (at least for you) that the suspicion of sig comes from his not wanting to vote inactives. I cannot, unfortunately, explain his thought process on that.

I do think it is more likely that Epi would replace civs with no BTSC who are inactive, since I am pretty sure I read in his rules that baddie teams can send in group night PMs. I don't know how many people have already replaced in though, I only know my personal situation. So I suppose my frame of reference is quite limited.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

nutella wrote:Whoops, missed the replacement, hi indi!
To answer some of your questions:
- Zuo Ci is a sock that posted a fair amount in the last day period and also voted. Interesting if he's still around today. IIRC Daisy's flipped role is the one that "summons apparitions" and someone had a theory that he was one such apparition? Or maybe the theory was that the other sock we encountered earlier (who only posted in Chinese) was that and Zuo Ci is from another role, but I don't remember.
- I don't quite understand your question about baddie recruitment. We know of an indie role that recruits, but we don't know about the baddie teams for sure -- though I have stated that I think it's a strong possibility that the YTs have recruiting ability since they started with fewer players than Nanman and are full of secrets. I think based on the wording of your question, unless you know something we don't about the baddie teams ;) , you're referring to the indie role -- looks like he is limited to recruiting one warrior from each kingdom.
- We have been generally dueling the two top baddie suspects. There has been much discourse since the beginning of the game about the "winner" strategy given the winner gets a prize, and some players (notably Bass) have confidently volunteered themselves to duel, but we've been voting based on suspicion and have so far never had a shortage of candidates to pit against each other :p
Thanks! (Also, a BIG thank you to everyone who is trying to answer some of my questions here. I realize they are probably questions that you guys dealt with at the beginning of the game - such as how to do your 2 votes - so sorry to have to drudge all that basic stuff back up again. Thank you for the patience and help!)

Ok, yes, as I look at the role list, it looks like Yuan Shao the recruiter is an independent. I am re-reading it now. That doesn't really seem to be a terribly detrimental issue at this time though, unless it were to come down to a numbers thing at end game. As long as I'm understanding that correctly.

Has anyone found it odd or suspicious that Bass confidently volunteered to duel, but hasn't been NKed yet?

I am curious how many of the Yellows have been killed so far. There isn't a post in this thread with results or anything to even link me to each Day's post or Night post. :puppy: So I can go look into the polls thread, and see how much that clarifies things, and helps me get some idea of how things have gone down.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Scotty wrote:You're welcome.
DFaraday wrote:

Look at you, answering my question about how many Yellows have been killed/or are left before I even asked it.

Ok, Mr. Psychic... what will I ask next?? :grin:

Let's try this then:

@The Honorable Epignosis - Will we be told if one team/faction/family/whatever is eliminated?

Also, sorry for all the multi posting. I am catching up, but can attempt to keep things in 1 post from now on. I forget how annoying that can be for other people to just see 10 posts from me in a row. :omg:

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Epignosis- Will you announce when a team has been eliminated?
I never do that. :feb:
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Matahari wrote:I'm a bit curious about Dunny. He beat INH who was a nanman warrior. The yt team has no warriors left, if my notes are right, and the nanman team has one warrior left. So, for Dunny to be bad, he would have had to be on the same team as INH, right? That's possible, I suppose. I forgot to check whether the indys have a warrior.
There appears to be 1 indy Warrior:

Lu Bu
Warrior
A most fearsome warrior, and rider of Red Hare.
By the third Night, Lu Bu must decide what faction he will fight for and achieve victory with. *Secrets*
Victory condition: Win with his aligned faction and survive.

So, if he's alive, I imagine he's no longer indy. No way of knowing which faction he'd side with.

Also, there is this indy:

Dong Zhuo
Leader
This notorious warlord has an entourage of bodyguards, protecting him always from assassination.
Cannot be Night killed. Inherits the Yellow Turban kill.
Victory condition: Last Man Standing.

I don't know if that description would make him hard to kill in a duel, or just simply refers to the fact that he can't be NKed. Interesting is that he inherits the Yellows kill. So... either there are inactive Yellows left, or he is also dead. But, wouldn't you all know if he were killed? Because duel losers are revealed, yes?

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Epignosis- Will you announce when a team has been eliminated?
I never do that. :feb:

Should have guessed. :meany: Doesn't hurt to ask though! :beer:

So therefore, as far as I can tell, based on the fact that an Indy inherits the Yellows kill, and there hasn't been a Yellow kill in a while, either the remaining Yellow is inactive, or all Yellows are dead and the Indy is inactive.

Ok, I will stop posting for a bit, but keep this stuff simmering in the back of my head. But wasn't it fun to have so many new posts to read? :grin: :haha: :goofp:

XOXO Epi Girl
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

indiglo wrote:
Matahari wrote:I'm a bit curious about Dunny. He beat INH who was a nanman warrior. The yt team has no warriors left, if my notes are right, and the nanman team has one warrior left. So, for Dunny to be bad, he would have had to be on the same team as INH, right? That's possible, I suppose. I forgot to check whether the indys have a warrior.
There appears to be 1 indy Warrior:

Lu Bu
Warrior
A most fearsome warrior, and rider of Red Hare.
By the third Night, Lu Bu must decide what faction he will fight for and achieve victory with. *Secrets*
Victory condition: Win with his aligned faction and survive.

So, if he's alive, I imagine he's no longer indy. No way of knowing which faction he'd side with.

Also, there is this indy:

Dong Zhuo
Leader
This notorious warlord has an entourage of bodyguards, protecting him always from assassination.
Cannot be Night killed. Inherits the Yellow Turban kill.
Victory condition: Last Man Standing.

I don't know if that description would make him hard to kill in a duel, or just simply refers to the fact that he can't be NKed. Interesting is that he inherits the Yellows kill. So... either there are inactive Yellows left, or he is also dead. But, wouldn't you all know if he were killed? Because duel losers are revealed, yes?
Yes, they are. If you click on Epig's in topic posts, I found that to be the quickest way to make a list of all the lynch results.

The thing is, there are secrets that may impact certain things, but I have to go by the first page since I don't know what the secrets are. The warrior class is more likely to win in a duel. So bear with me while I try to sort my thinking on Dunny, and perhaps explain myself better.

Dunny dueled INH, INH lost the duel. He was a Nanman warrior. If Dunny won, then I'm going to assume he was also a warrior, and they had the same odds of winning. If Dunny was a warrior, he would be a civ warrior, or he would be Jinhuan Sanjie, a warrior teammate of INH, or Lu Bu, alignment unknown. In the discussion about voting Dunny again, I'm thinking he has 2 shots at being a mafia warrior, and more chances of being a civ warrior. So- I'm not sure whether I want to vote him again. I don't know, maybe someone has good reasoning for selecting Dunny, and I will appreciate any input on decisions for dueling.

As far as looking back to see who was against the idea of voting inactives, it was mainly wasted time. I hoped something would be glaring at me, but no one was harshly against it. And even if anyone had been, it doesn't make them bad, because inactives can be civs. At this point, I'm going to try reading up on some of the mid-actives and see if anything catches my attention.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Matahari wrote: Dunny dueled INH, INH lost the duel. He was a Nanman warrior. If Dunny won, then I'm going to assume he was also a warrior, and they had the same odds of winning. If Dunny was a warrior, he would be a civ warrior, or he would be Jinhuan Sanjie, a warrior teammate of INH, or Lu Bu, alignment unknown. In the discussion about voting Dunny again, I'm thinking he has 2 shots at being a mafia warrior, and more chances of being a civ warrior. So- I'm not sure whether I want to vote him again. I don't know, maybe someone has good reasoning for selecting Dunny, and I will appreciate any input on decisions for dueling.
Why are you assuming that? For all we know, INH rolled a 1.

I'm considering a Dunny vote, especially given that Zuo Ci seems to feel pretty strongly about him.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

LoRab wrote:
Yes, I went back and forth on Glorf. I don't see how that makes me suspicious. I believed him, voted to lynch a civ; with that new knowledge, changed my mind about how I perceived the nature of his post. That's it, really.

And going after TH and continually listing reasons that I suspect him, even if they aren't the same as what you would find suspicious, is what I mean by tunneling. When I suspect someone, yes, most of their behavior I see as bad. And yes, I point out all sorts of things that other players don't see as suspicious. And yes, I do see that as tunneling. At least that's how I use the term. So, I apologize for forgetting part of your post.

You seem convinced that I'm bad, and I don't think I'm going to change your mind. You will see that you are wrong (unless you are falsely accusing me as a baddie).
Well, that's a fair response. I'm not by any means convinced you're civ, but this does help a bit.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 9]

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I'm cool with voting inactive people.
It's not even that INH is inactive- he's participated for some time- he's just supposed to be someone that is leading the civ cause. That's what he advertised in being a prefect. JJJ was a good prefect, I am a good prefect, I don't think he is.
This is the argument I'm worried about within the INH wagon. Scotty, what was your thought process that lead you to the conclusion that he was bad because he wasn't 'leading' the civ cause? I realise you've been pushing him for a while, but this looks like a giant step back in the quality of your case against him.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

DFaraday wrote:
Matahari wrote: Dunny dueled INH, INH lost the duel. He was a Nanman warrior. If Dunny won, then I'm going to assume he was also a warrior, and they had the same odds of winning. If Dunny was a warrior, he would be a civ warrior, or he would be Jinhuan Sanjie, a warrior teammate of INH, or Lu Bu, alignment unknown. In the discussion about voting Dunny again, I'm thinking he has 2 shots at being a mafia warrior, and more chances of being a civ warrior. So- I'm not sure whether I want to vote him again. I don't know, maybe someone has good reasoning for selecting Dunny, and I will appreciate any input on decisions for dueling.
Why are you assuming that? For all we know, INH rolled a 1.

I'm considering a Dunny vote, especially given that Zuo Ci seems to feel pretty strongly about him.
lol, thanks for pointing out that I am completely missing the obvious. I've been thinking warrior trumps everything else, but I'm completely oblivious to the dice rolling. I should just go back to bed :goofp:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

indiglo wrote:
Dom wrote:hi indi. :)

I am not confident that Nutella is civ. I am only confident in telling her that her suspicion of sig (and therefore of me) is wrong. Sorry if I was confusing in my wording!
No, I shouldn't mafia when i'm about to sleep. :blush:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Catching up now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

To understand my actions, one must only listen to the whispers in the wind.

I have prepared a scroll containing the complete works of the one calling himself Dunny.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Mata, that tip about looking at Epi's posts was extremely helpful. I have now lost several hours, but I do have a couple pages of notes that will likely prove useless! Hooray! :clap: :haha:

So, throughout the game, 3 Nans have lost duels and 2 Yellows. At most, that leaves 2 Nans (Jinhuan Sanjie - Warrior and Meng Huo- Leader) 1 Yellow (Zhang Jiao - Leader) to get through. Who knows if any of those were taken out via NK. (Plus the Indy Leader, IIRC.)

NK Analysis:
The Yellows (MP, SD, +YTLeader) took out the following people, in order: SVS (Night 2, NKed by: entire Yellow team), Soneji (Night 4, after MP died, NKed by: SD + Leader), Reywas (Night 6, NKed by: SD + Leader)

The Nans (Wilgy, Marmot, INH, +NanWarrior and NanLeader) took out the following, in order: JJJ (Night 2, after Wilgy & Marmot died, NKed by: INH + War. & Lead.), Rico (Night 3, NKed by: INH + War. & Lead.), TH (Night 4, NKed by: INH + War. & Lead.), Glorf (Night 5, Nked by: INH + War. & Lead.), Sorsha (Night 7, NKed by: INH + War. & Lead.), Elo (Night 9, after INH died, NKed by: Warrior + Leader), Golden (Night 10, NKed by: Warrior + Leader)

I noticed an interesting pattern regarding the duels when it comes to BassTheClever. He defeated 2 Wu/Civ Warriors in duels, DDL (after 2 rounds) and Russti (after 1 round). What I find interesting is that Russti had previously defeated 1 Nan Warrior (Marmot) after 2 rounds and 1 Yellow Strategist (MP) after 3 rounds.

There was a point I was going to make regarding that, but I have now lost it in the excruciating minutiae of this post.

I do feel like a couple of the days in particular may be worth me looking back on - particularly Day 2 (Russti, civ warrior VS Marmot, baddie warrior), Day 4 (Russti, civ warrior VS MP, baddie strategist) and then Days 7 and 8 (7 - Bass, ? VS DDL, civ warrior; 8 - Bass, ? VS Russti, civ warrior). I'm curious as to how those days shook out, who voted where, and why.

If anyone remembers any of those days, or has any additional input, feel free to share.

My brain is now mush, so I shall retire to the drawing room. :beer:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Fixing some of the formatting, for clarity.
indiglo wrote:Mata, that tip about looking at Epi's posts was extremely helpful. I have now lost several hours, but I do have a couple pages of notes that will likely prove useless! Hooray! :clap: :haha:

So, throughout the game, 3 Nans have lost duels and 2 Yellows. At most, that leaves 2 Nans (Jinhuan Sanjie - Warrior and Meng Huo- Leader) 1 Yellow (Zhang Jiao - Leader) to get through. Who knows if any of those were taken out via NK. (Plus the Indy Leader, IIRC.)

NK Analysis:
The Yellows (MP, SD, +YTLeader) took out the following people, in order:
SVS (Night 2, NKed by: entire Yellow team),
Soneji (Night 4, after MP died, NKed by: SD + Leader),
Reywas (Night 6, NKed by: SD + Leader)

The Nans (Wilgy, Marmot, INH, +NanWarrior and NanLeader) took out the following, in order:
JJJ (Night 2, after Wilgy & Marmot died, NKed by: INH + War. & Lead.),
Rico (Night 3, NKed by: INH + War. & Lead.),
TH (Night 4, NKed by: INH + War. & Lead.),
Glorf (Night 5, Nked by: INH + War. & Lead.),
Sorsha (Night 7, NKed by: INH + War. & Lead.),
Elo (Night 9, after INH died, NKed by: Warrior + Leader),
Golden (Night 10, NKed by: Warrior + Leader)

I noticed an interesting pattern regarding the duels when it comes to BassTheClever. He defeated 2 Wu/Civ Warriors in duels, DDL (after 2 rounds) and Russti (after 1 round). What I find interesting is that Russti had previously defeated 1 Nan Warrior (Marmot) after 2 rounds and 1 Yellow Strategist (MP) after 3 rounds.

There was a point I was going to make regarding that, but I have now lost it in the excruciating minutiae of this post.

I do feel like a couple of the days in particular may be worth me looking back on -
particularly Day 2 (Russti, civ warrior VS Marmot, baddie warrior),
Day 4 (Russti, civ warrior VS MP, baddie strategist)
and then Days 7 and 8 (7 - Bass, ? VS DDL, civ warrior; 8 - Bass, ? VS Russti, civ warrior).
I'm curious as to how those days shook out, who voted where, and why.

If anyone remembers any of those days, or has any additional input, feel free to share.

My brain is now mush, so I shall retire to the drawing room. :beer:

XOXO Epi Girl
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:
Scotty wrote:
It's not even that INH is inactive- he's participated for some time- he's just supposed to be someone that is leading the civ cause. That's what he advertised in being a prefect. JJJ was a good prefect, I am a good prefect, I don't think he is.
This is the argument I'm worried about within the INH wagon. Scotty, what was your thought process that lead you to the conclusion that he was bad because he wasn't 'leading' the civ cause? I realise you've been pushing him for a while, but this looks like a giant step back in the quality of your case against him.
I found his absence striking around day 3 or so, and gave him time to make cases and prove himself. I might be a little biased because he was a fellow prefect, but I didn't like his nonchalance. Added to the fact that he voted in tandem with MM just gave me blinders. It's like a couple of horses showing up to the horse race, except one has a peg leg and should have been put down and converted to dog food ages ago.

Do you think the lead up to getting INH looks like an inside job from me? I can't tell if that's what you're suggesting.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:
Scotty wrote:
I found his absence striking around day 3 or so, and gave him time to make cases and prove himself. I might be a little biased because he was a fellow prefect, but I didn't like his nonchalance. Added to the fact that he voted in tandem with MM just gave me blinders. It's like a couple of horses showing up to the horse race, except one has a peg leg and should have been put down and converted to dog food ages ago.

Do you think the lead up to getting INH looks like an inside job from me? I can't tell if that's what you're suggesting.
I wasn't suggesting anything, I just wanted to hear your thought process. I read back into yours and INH's dialogue and I can see a natural flow to your suspicion of him, so I'm content with that.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I want to keep pushing for a Dom lynch. My thoughts against him haven't changed much from before, but they haven't been dismissed either. I've voted him the past three days and he hasn't looked twice. Are you ignoring me, Dom?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I probably won't vote indiglo today. Part of it is that she's done a good job of integrating herself from the get-go, which I like. Another part of it is that I want to keep her around just because she's probably more active than half the current living players already and from a 'having fun' motivation, killing active players sucks. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:I want to keep pushing for a Dom lynch. My thoughts against him haven't changed much from before, but they haven't been dismissed either. I've voted him the past three days and he hasn't looked twice. Are you ignoring me, Dom?
Who would be your second vote if you had to vote now?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I'm going to suggest this:

Here are the people that haven't posted since before night 4, the last night a kill went through for YT:
-leetic
-Dunny
-Jan
-Bullzeye

Bullzeye hasn't posted since Day 2, leetic and Jan haven't posted since Day 3, and Dunny last posted Day 4.

I would strongly suggest voting a duo of those pairs for now. Here's why:
1) if one is bad and defeats another, odds are they won't be active to receive a treasure, and we just try again the next day.
2) if YT are still alive, that's our best bet to find them
3) if YT are eliminated, we know the indie leader role that inherits the kill is still alive, so it can be assumed that he is not paying attention.

Also @EPI Spacedaisy is still on the poll and the alive section of the 1st page. I'm pretty slow and almost factored her in during my perusal.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:I want to keep pushing for a Dom lynch. My thoughts against him haven't changed much from before, but they haven't been dismissed either. I've voted him the past three days and he hasn't looked twice. Are you ignoring me, Dom?
Who would be your second vote if you had to vote now?
I would probably join you in voting one of the four you listed.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”