Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 100

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 12]

Post by indiglo »

Matahari wrote:Impressive work Indiglo, you are very fast at this. My time away from mafia has made me entirely too trusting.

Your case tying Lorab and Nutella as possible flip sides of MM's coin was good. I read their polite disagreement as just that, and totally forgot that disagreements can be staged. And that voting for your own teammate is sometimes done by mafia, so I could go with a Lorab/Nutella vote. I also think its funny how Nijuu shows up to vote and respond to being mentioned, but not much else. I have been a bit suspicious of Boomslang, for not really contributing much either, but I'm also aware that I used to always suspect him, so I tend to doubt my reactions there.

There have been suspicions of Scotty (from Golden), of Sloonei, Mac, and Quin, but I will study on them later. Today I'll try to decide who, of Nutella, Nijuu, or Boom, to vote with Lorab, and be back in awhile to vote.
Thanks for the compliment, however a few caveats to remember.

1 - I'm looking back at things with the benefit of information that wasn't available at the time.
2 - I could be completely wrong.

:biggrin:

I'm currently reading Dom, but wanted to get my boomslang thoughts out there before I lost them in a sea of Trump quotes. :P
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: I think that there's been associations between nutella and the Nanman that make me consider that possibility more than I do LoRab, at the very least.
What associations? Please elaborate because most of my "associations" with the nanman have been successfully voting for them.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

And I'm voting for Lorab and Niju, I think those are solid choices.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote:
Quin wrote: I think that there's been associations between nutella and the Nanman that make me consider that possibility more than I do LoRab, at the very least.
What associations? Please elaborate because most of my "associations" with the nanman have been successfully voting for them.
We've already discussed them with you before, so just have a look through your/my posts if you want a recap. I do think your voting for them are in your favour, but I'm not about to disregard them on account of that.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 0]

Post by indiglo »

Finished my Dom read.

#1 - I want to kiss you, because that was the funniest read I've ever done in the history of mafia playing. It was UUUUuuuuuuge!

#2 - Hold on, still laughing...

# 3 - This post from Wilgy make me think Dom is NOT a Nan type of Man...
Dom wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:Jay, why did you vote for yourself?
Because he skipped the rules section on page one. Lol
The rules say that self-voting is permitted, but it doesn't seem like a very Jay thing to do to give himself a potential reward.
Little Jay has to get a grip!
Hi Dom. U bad again?

Me? Bad? I'm the greatest there ever was.

Scotty is the single greatest threat to this website! He's an actor! He lies!

# 4 - Here and here we see MP softly or openly (depends on how you interpret it) defending Dom. This fits in with what I saw in a lot of MP's posts - talking about a crap ton of players, and trying to buddy up to his perceived civs. Feels like that's what's happening here with Dom.

# 5 - To me, all that indicates that the most likely baddie team for Dom to be on is the Yellows. But with their non-existant NKs, and since Dom has at least been around regularly, it just doesn't fit that well. (Plus, we all know that The Dom is a very, very orange man. Not Yellow, orange.)

# 6 - Now we see that MP's defending of Dom doesn't swing both ways, because here Dom calls MP out for volunteering to duel:
Dom wrote:Folks, I am a busy man and some things got in the way. I am here now to kick some @$$.
MacDougall wrote:
nutella wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
nutella wrote:Damn. Sorry Timmer and RIP Rico.

I am inclined to go after Sorsha and TH today especially considering Eloh's implication. Russ is still up there for me as well.
This feels a bit fake to me.
Why?
I dunno, just does. Is it?

Hey Dom, do you still have concerns about DFaraday?
DFaraday is the lowest of the low. Get him out!
MovingPictures07 wrote:
But go ahead though, DDL, vote for me. I want to duel anyway. :beer:
I am getting nervous here, people. People have written that those who want to duel are a bit strange in their intentions and dismissive and just not trustworthy.

# 7 - Dom calls out Boomslang for using the exact same phrasing as nutella when responding to another player's accusation (post snipped for space, read the whole thing here)
Dom wrote: ...
nutella wrote:Also, lack of precedence does not mean lack of probability. There's probably a fancy logical fallacy term for that but idgaf. Just because you've never seen an inactive mafia team before doesn't mean it couldn't happen, especially considering the Yellow Turban team only consists of three players, and this game has WAY more than three inactive players. They only killed once, and it was on SVS, an inactive player -- perhaps if nobody in the team had been paying attention they wouldn't know SVS hadn't been participating and just picked her to get rid of. Idk, I just think Glorfindel's lines of thinking are not entirely unreasonable :shrug:
You are not wrong in that.

However, I find the probability to be very low. Hostin' Epi does not randomize roles. He cherry picks roles-- or has int he past. I doubt he'd put all people he suspects might be no-shows as his baddie teams. And he didn't. MM and Wilgy are not no-shows.

So your ignoring the facts is troublesome. Very troublesome. We need a better leader than that.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Just another observation here...

As I understand it, part of the case that brought MM undone was his inconsistency in voting for Dr Wilgy for Prefect on Day 0 and then voted to have him duel on Day 1 - is that correct? I note that another player did a similar thing in that Boomslang voted MM for Prefect on Day 0 and then voted him for the dueling ring on Day 1.

The vote for MM's prefecture was mid-poll (i.e. 39th out of 62) so it wasn't really influential and it was MM's only vote for Prefect. I'm not sure what this says but personally, I didn't vote anyone for Prefect about whom I had doubts :shrug:
You weren't the first to notice it:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 59#p296459
This makes me reconsider my stance on boomslang.
Boomslang wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Just another observation here...

As I understand it, part of the case that brought MM undone was his inconsistency in voting for Dr Wilgy for Prefect on Day 0 and then voted to have him duel on Day 1 - is that correct? I note that another player did a similar thing in that Boomslang voted MM for Prefect on Day 0 and then voted him for the dueling ring on Day 1.

The vote for MM's prefecture was mid-poll (i.e. 39th out of 62) so it wasn't really influential and it was MM's only vote for Prefect. I'm not sure what this says but personally, I didn't vote anyone for Prefect about whom I had doubts :shrug:
Well, if you're not sure what it says, what do you think it says? Or is this one of those baddie "let's plant a seed without actually taking sides and hope it grows into a mighty lynching tree" moves?
Why is it that you always seem to appear only when people mention you?
That is patently untrue, as even a cursory read of my post history would indicate. I just thought Glorf's post was particularly egregious.
As does him using the same phrase as nutella did when she refuted LoRab's claims.

So that makes me want to do a read on nutella. But feel fine atm about Dom, unless there is some big case on him somewhere that I have missed up to now.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I developed what I think is a strong case for MP and Dom being teammates here, indiglo. What do you think? It's really only a snippet of what I've observed against Dom, so I'd very much like it if you went through my posts.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I think, of Dom, MM, and Russ, at least from what I've read thus far, I can most understand why Dom is getting attention, but I don't agree with it. It's the classic "_______ is making assertions and not backing them up or stating them in an obtrusive way, therefore ______ must have sinister intentions" combined with the phenomenon that taking strong stances and/or attracting attention with weird behavior or a posting gimmick also is more likely to have sinister intentions.

I wouldn't call Dom a remotely strong civilian read by any means at this point, but this stuff is pretty weak, guys. Especially with all of the players that are contributing bupkis.

He has a few posts around this time where he's pretty strongly defending Dom. He instigated a CFD on timmer because he didn't like the three main wagons. Dom is the only unknown there and MP could have easily gotten by not opposing the main trains. He says he understands why Dom is getting attention and calls the cases against him weak, which is contradictory imo. I saw teamie potential between Dom and Wilgy/Marmot, but I'm seeing it stronger here.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Ack. My brain has turned to mush again doing a Quin/nutella read. I may take a quick break, refresh myself, and then come back before EoD.

I'm ready to vote for LoRab right now, but I'd like to have a second vote ready to go at the same time... you know, so my votes count and everything.

~Linki with Quin. Now that you've given me a direction, I'll look through that before I take my break and refresh. :noble: Yay! Look at us, participating, playing this game together? Ain't it grand?

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

indiglo wrote:Ack. My brain has turned to mush again doing a Quin/nutella read. I may take a quick break, refresh myself, and then come back before EoD.

I'm ready to vote for LoRab right now, but I'd like to have a second vote ready to go at the same time... you know, so my votes count and everything.

~Linki with Quin. Now that you've given me a direction, I'll look through that before I take my break and refresh. :noble: Yay! Look at us, participating, playing this game together? Ain't it grand?
It was as quiet as a library in here before you showed up :nicenod:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Quin wrote:I developed what I think is a strong case for MP and Dom being teammates here, indiglo. What do you think? It's really only a snippet of what I've observed against Dom, so I'd very much like it if you went through my posts.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I think, of Dom, MM, and Russ, at least from what I've read thus far, I can most understand why Dom is getting attention, but I don't agree with it. It's the classic "_______ is making assertions and not backing them up or stating them in an obtrusive way, therefore ______ must have sinister intentions" combined with the phenomenon that taking strong stances and/or attracting attention with weird behavior or a posting gimmick also is more likely to have sinister intentions.

I wouldn't call Dom a remotely strong civilian read by any means at this point, but this stuff is pretty weak, guys. Especially with all of the players that are contributing bupkis.

He has a few posts around this time where he's pretty strongly defending Dom. He instigated a CFD on timmer because he didn't like the three main wagons. Dom is the only unknown there and MP could have easily gotten by not opposing the main trains. He says he understands why Dom is getting attention and calls the cases against him weak, which is contradictory imo. I saw teamie potential between Dom and Wilgy/Marmot, but I'm seeing it stronger here.

I definitely see what you're saying here with the defense of Dom by MP. I think that, if we just look at those exchanges, it does look like MP could be defending a teammate. At the same time, when I was ISOing MP, he seemed to be buddying up to a whole bunch of players. He basically just said every active player was civ, and he could see where they're coming from. He even defended a few other players, although I don't recall him ever saying that the other lynches were BS the way he did with Dom.

So I could see his defense of Dom going either way. It could be teammate defending, OR civ buddying. I guess I just don't see it as 100% definitive indication of teammate-ness. How lame. I wish I did see it as definitive. Then I could go ahead and vote and just be done with it!

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

indiglo wrote:
Quin wrote:I developed what I think is a strong case for MP and Dom being teammates here, indiglo. What do you think? It's really only a snippet of what I've observed against Dom, so I'd very much like it if you went through my posts.

I definitely see what you're saying here with the defense of Dom by MP. I think that, if we just look at those exchanges, it does look like MP could be defending a teammate. At the same time, when I was ISOing MP, he seemed to be buddying up to a whole bunch of players. He basically just said every active player was civ, and he could see where they're coming from. He even defended a few other players, although I don't recall him ever saying that the other lynches were BS the way he did with Dom.

So I could see his defense of Dom going either way. It could be teammate defending, OR civ buddying. I guess I just don't see it as 100% definitive indication of teammate-ness. How lame. I wish I did see it as definitive. Then I could go ahead and vote and just be done with it!
MP was definitely buddying in his green list. When I looked at it I went through all of the players who were active throughout the thread before that point, and Dom definitely was, he just didn't make the list, and I think that means something.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

You are correct. I was just looking at MP's green list, and you're right, Dom's not on it. And MP had quoted and responded to Dom in the thread already, so he was more than aware Dom was playing.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Ok, I voted:

LoRab and Zou Ci

I think LoRab is bad, and I'm just not confident enough which, if any, of the other leading vote takers are bad. So, I voted Zou Ci in case that triggers something awesome and cool, not because I want Zou Ci gone. And because I don't think he's in danger of taking other votes. But what if he gets something for receiving a vote?

Eep, what if his role says he implodes if he even gets 1 vote? I didn't think of that before I voted for him. :puppy:

I couldn't stop over analyzing, and I really need to get going with my evening and log off. I will say this - this is the first time I've played a game where the thread closes at night, and I actually really, really like it. It's such a nice break after over thinking everything for 48 hours.

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

indiglo wrote:Ok, I voted:

LoRab and Zou Ci

I think LoRab is bad, and I'm just not confident enough which, if any, of the other leading vote takers are bad. So, I voted Zou Ci in case that triggers something awesome and cool, not because I want Zou Ci gone. And because I don't think he's in danger of taking other votes. But what if he gets something for receiving a vote?

Eep, what if his role says he implodes if he even gets 1 vote? I didn't think of that before I voted for him. :puppy:

I couldn't stop over analyzing, and I really need to get going with my evening and log off. I will say this - this is the first time I've played a game where the thread closes at night, and I actually really, really like it. It's such a nice break after over thinking everything for 48 hours.
When I played Red vs Blue the day ended at like 5 in the morning so I missed EoD all but maybe one time :haha:

It's about lunch time right now, so this is a great change of pace for me too.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes

Boomslang
No votes

Bullzeye
No votes

DFaraday
No votes

Dom
Quin (18), Simon (20)
7%

Jan
No votes

leetic
Aragorn (6)
4%

LoRab
Aragorn (7), nijuukyugou (10), Zuo Ci (13), DFaraday (14), MacDougall (17), Matahari (22), nutella (25), indiglo (26)
30%

MacDougall
No votes

Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes

nijuukyugou
Boomslang (9), DFaraday (15), Matahari (23), nutella (24)
15%

nutella
No votes

Quin
No votes

Scotty
No votes

sig / indiglo
No votes

Simon
Boomslang (8), nijuukyugou (11), Zuo Ci (12), MacDougall (16), Quin (19), Simon (21)
22%

Zuo Ci
indiglo (27)
4%

Lu Xun (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), MovingPictures07 (2), Metalmarsh89 (3), Glorfindel (4), Sorsha (5)
19%

Total votes : 27
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Duel of the Twelfth Day
太史慈
Simon defeated Lorab in a duel after one bout. Lorab was Taishi Ci.
It is now Night 12. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 13: Meng Huo Gives a Large Gift
花生醬
We last relayed the death of Sloon Nei. Presently, we shall turn our attention to the fate of Nut El La, who witnessed Sloon Nei’s demise and began to proclaim throughout the province how cowardly the Nanman were, that they should strike down so great a man from a distance rather than face him in hand-to-hand combat. News of her speech reached the ears of the Nanman king, whose advisors told him that she was stirring even neighboring provinces up against him. After listening to his advisors, Meng Huo settled on a plan to silence Nut El La.

His scheme was to send a caravan to one of the neighboring provinces that had not heard of Nut El La or her message. Meng Huo gave them presents of horses, large quantities of millet, and exotic treasures from Nanzhong. By dint of these presents, he gained the affections of the people there.

When Nut El La came into that place and began speaking out against the Nanman, she was stunned to find that she had insulted their patron, and for her strong words she was put executed.

Whether or not the Nanman will continue in their schemes will be discussed in a later chapter.

nutella has been killed by the Nanman.
It is now Day 13. You have 48 hours and two votes to find a threat to the Han!
indiglo
Money Launderer

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 13]

Post by indiglo »

Firstly, I had a rather hearty laugh at myself for being so sure LoRab was Nan. Sincerest apologies on that to LoRab and all the other civ players. And you're welcome baddies. :fist:

Secondly, I find nutella to be a rather odd NK choice, as she was garnering at least some mild discussion, and I was genuinely going to look there next day phase due to being dead wrong about LoRab.

All that being said, I am really not entirely sure where to look next, after being so very sure and so very wrong at the same time.

XOXO Epi Girl
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

well. I really expected the nanman to take out Indiglo, and for the same reason, it seems they would have taken scotty out by now. Active, engaged players pose more of a threat than quiet ones, although Nutella was active and engaged, but recently has not been building cases. Very odd choice.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

um i should have previewed before posting
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Yeah I'm quite perplexed by that NK choice.

And thanks for silencing me again, asshats. At this point I'm surprised you don't just kill me instead of putting cotton in my mouth like the cowards you are.

I'm at an impasse on Nanman candidates. Reading through that blade day yesterday, I had two directions I would have gone: continuing to go after the no-posters of leetic or Bullzeye, or go the semi-active route. If the latter, I was VERY convinced Nutella was bad and using LoRab as a perfect scapegoat. If she hadn't been killed last night I would have gunned for her. Now I'm back to square one.

I appreciate indiglo's input and agreed with her read through of the field in looking at lynched baddies.

I think Simon is a very gung-ho warrior and don't know why we sent him to duel. It's the same situation with Bass for me. Ninja almost got lynched two days in a row and while I would classify her as a semi-active participant that could be Nanman for her votes, I'm not feeling her lynch.

That Aragorn (hi!) replaced Jan yesterday and there STILL was no YT kill has led me to believe that once again the last YT lies in either leetic or Bullzeye. I would like to vote there today.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Matahari wrote:well. I really expected the nanman to take out Indiglo, and for the same reason, it seems they would have taken scotty out by now. Active, engaged players pose more of a threat than quiet ones, although Nutella was active and engaged, but recently has not been building cases. Very odd choice.
I agree with this completely. Can't make anything of it. But I know Someone is active enough to continue to silence people. I'm wondering who was silenced today???

I'll take a wild stab and guess it's the same person that had nothing to say in the message to the thread. Just a guess.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I think Boomslang is as good a candidate as any for the Nanman. Indiglo mentioned some things that Boom doesn't look good in.
And maybe Mac. He disappeared from day 8 to...uh...some time recently. Someone started talking about him in day 12 I think it was, and he was there to regurgitate some snark. So he is paying attention, but only soooo much.

Would it be more prudent to keep voting for Nanman scum since we are relatively safe from YT kills for now, or so it would seem? I could very well vote for Mac and Boom.

I'm still torn between DF and Dom as secondary candidates for Nanman. They're both just sneaking by.

And yo, DF, this isn't an attack on your inactivity- since I know you don't appreciate that being a legitimate suspicion, but this game, the best adjective I can use to describe you is "blendy". I've mentioned this before, but either it's a scumtell or a civ tactic to last longer into the game. I just can't tell which. Either way, I can't remember the contributions you've made towards actual scum hunting. I just can't remember. I'm like Dory. (I'm blue)

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Noooo :( :pout: :sigh:
Epi, I've really enjoyed this game a ton, thanks! Good luck friends
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Matahari wrote:well. I really expected the nanman to take out Indiglo, and for the same reason, it seems they would have taken scotty out by now. Active, engaged players pose more of a threat than quiet ones, although Nutella was active and engaged, but recently has not been building cases. Very odd choice.
I am not terribly concerned about being NKed atm. Hence why I let 'er rip yesterday, even if I was wrong. :scared:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

@ Scotty - I am in the same place regarding who to go after. I am ready to try to look again for some type of connection, but likely will be a bit less confident in my suspicions. :grin: I do think Nans are currently a bigger threat, but I'd settle for a good duel period. Any baddie is better than another civ. I shan't be terribly particular in that!

Do you feel that looking into any of the Simon voters would yield us anything? I found him to be quite an odd vote choice, even after (or maybe especially after) reading his ISO. That's something I'll be open to looking into this day phase too.

And agreed with the Jan/Aragorn business.

XOXO Epi Girl
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

indiglo wrote:
I am not terribly concerned about being NKed atm. Hence why I let 'er rip yesterday, even if I was wrong. :scared:
You wanna know what's funny?

I thought from your entrance and effort put forth that you are a prime candidate for the leader dude that takes over for the YT kill.

Is that also why you're not scared to be NK'd? :grin:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

indiglo wrote:@ Scotty - I am in the same place regarding who to go after. I am ready to try to look again for some type of connection, but likely will be a bit less confident in my suspicions. :grin: I do think Nans are currently a bigger threat, but I'd settle for a good duel period. Any baddie is better than another civ. I shan't be terribly particular in that!

Do you feel that looking into any of the Simon voters would yield us anything? I found him to be quite an odd vote choice, even after (or maybe especially after) reading his ISO. That's something I'll be open to looking into this day phase too.

And agreed with the Jan/Aragorn business.
I don't know. People have been bringing up Simon for a while because of his readiness all game to duel. Now he's dueled, and has a treasure like he wanted. I don't find people voting for him on account of his eagerness to duel as a bad look necessarily. MP wanted to duel; though so did Caps or timmer. So...it's more of a lazy vote.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Why do you think you are being silenced so often, Scotty?
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty wrote:I think Boomslang is as good a candidate as any for the Nanman. Indiglo mentioned some things that Boom doesn't look good in.
And maybe Mac. He disappeared from day 8 to...uh...some time recently. Someone started talking about him in day 12 I think it was, and he was there to regurgitate some snark. So he is paying attention, but only soooo much.

Would it be more prudent to keep voting for Nanman scum since we are relatively safe from YT kills for now, or so it would seem? I could very well vote for Mac and Boom.

I'm still torn between DF and Dom as secondary candidates for Nanman. They're both just sneaking by.

And yo, DF, this isn't an attack on your inactivity- since I know you don't appreciate that being a legitimate suspicion, but this game, the best adjective I can use to describe you is "blendy". I've mentioned this before, but either it's a scumtell or a civ tactic to last longer into the game. I just can't tell which. Either way, I can't remember the contributions you've made towards actual scum hunting. I just can't remember. I'm like Dory. (I'm blue)
I made a whole case on LoRab, and pushed it more than once. It turned out to be completely wrong, but I still did it. :noble:

Now that we're down to a smaller pool I can look over everyone more closely. It's hard for me to devote the energy to analyzing everyone when there are 30 other players around, but I'll give my reads on the remaining players later this phase.

Regarding the two picks you mentioned, I think Boom would be a better option than Mac. I think Mac's early vote on Wilgy is a good look for him not being Nanman. Boomslang did vote for MM, but it came late enough that MM was pretty much a lock to duel, so I think it's more plausible that Boom was bussing a teammate than Mac.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Post by MacDougall »

Bugger about the LoRab. I guess nutella was the town crier dude.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

You were silenced on Day 6, right Mac?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Actually, not sure if that matters. My observation is that the thread speaker didn't speak on Night 6 but returned on Night 7.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

That's didn't speak Night 5 and then returned Night 6, mb.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Day 5.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I wanna see Zuo Ci duel Leetic.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Tell me your thoughts about Zuo Ci, Mac.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote:Tell me your thoughts about Zuo Ci, Mac.
A random entrant late in the game posting in roleplay mode and acquiring utterly no suspicion at all.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:
Quin wrote:Tell me your thoughts about Zuo Ci, Mac.
A random entrant late in the game posting in roleplay mode and acquiring utterly no suspicion at all.
Alright. What do you think about his content so far? Is he leading us astray? What do you think about the idea that Zuo Ci is just a sock taken over by whoever we voted for when we got the chance (Jay)?
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Glorfindel »

nutella wrote:Noooo :( :pout: :sigh:
Epi, I've really enjoyed this game a ton, thanks! Good luck friends
It's been a privilege to have played this game with you, my friend :bighug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't think he needs to be trying to lead us astray to be nefarious. He can be genuinely scum hunting.

I think that you are probably right about who he is but I don't think that makes him the same guy he was before. What if he is the 'apparition' that YT dude summons? YT did have a smaller team tha Nanman. Perhaps this is the balancing mechanic. Summon an aparition sock that a dead player controls. Joins your team but can't perform kills?

The guy who inherits the YT kill is still alive. So that means most likely there is a YT alive. That means it is either one of the absentees or something else. Zuo Ci is a big something else.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote:I don't think he needs to be trying to lead us astray to be nefarious. He can be genuinely scum hunting.

I think that you are probably right about who he is but I don't think that makes him the same guy he was before. What if he is the 'apparition' that YT dude summons? YT did have a smaller team tha Nanman. Perhaps this is the balancing mechanic. Summon an aparition sock that a dead player controls. Joins your team but can't perform kills?

The guy who inherits the YT kill is still alive. So that means most likely there is a YT alive. That means it is either one of the absentees or something else. Zuo Ci is a big something else.
That...actually makes sense.

I just don't know if it's the best course of action sending someone that's not exactly posing a threat to us into battle.

Aragorn
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Aragorn »

YT hasn't had a kill since Night 7, which leads me to believe that the team is probably wiped out. Yes, there is a possibility that one of the inactive players is the remaining player, but YT clearly isn't our biggest threat right now.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:Why do you think you are being silenced so often, Scotty?
Because I'm loud, proud and in charge!
Quin wrote:You were silenced on Day 6, right Mac?
I was silenced days 4, 6, and 12, for reference.
Aragorn wrote:YT hasn't had a kill since Night 7, which leads me to believe that the team is probably wiped out. Yes, there is a possibility that one of the inactive players is the remaining player, but YT clearly isn't our biggest threat right now.
If the YT are wiped out, then our friend Mr LMS is alive and also is not killing. Or is choosing not to kill for strategic purposes.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote:
Scotty wrote:I think Boomslang is as good a candidate as any for the Nanman. Indiglo mentioned some things that Boom doesn't look good in.

I made a whole case on LoRab, and pushed it more than once. It turned out to be completely wrong, but I still did it. :noble:

Now that we're down to a smaller pool I can look over everyone more closely. It's hard for me to devote the energy to analyzing everyone when there are 30 other players around, but I'll give my reads on the remaining players later this phase.

Regarding the two picks you mentioned, I think Boom would be a better option than Mac. I think Mac's early vote on Wilgy is a good look for him not being Nanman. Boomslang did vote for MM, but it came late enough that MM was pretty much a lock to duel, so I think it's more plausible that Boom was bussing a teammate than Mac.
Fair enough, you did. I'll give you a closer examination in voting at some point if I have time tonight after work, but I'm not itching to vote you atm

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote:Bugger about the LoRab. I guess nutella was the town crier dude.
Uhh no, unless she was feeling masochistic in the last message wanting to send her to duel.

i think it's pretty obvious who it is. Has been for days.

indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Scotty wrote:
indiglo wrote:
You wanna know what's funny?

I thought from your entrance and effort put forth that you are a prime candidate for the leader dude that takes over for the YT kill.

Is that also why you're not scared to be NK'd? :grin:
No. That is not why.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

MacDougall wrote:I don't think he needs to be trying to lead us astray to be nefarious. He can be genuinely scum hunting.

I like this! Makes good sense.

XOXO Epi Girl
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Those who wear the yellow turbans have not acted since the sixth night. This spirit joined you well later. This spirit cannot be summoned by a summoner who is not awake.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Looking at Yellows, the dude who summons apparitions is Zhang Bao. I am not at home right now, so I don't have my note paper with me, but I'm pretty sure Zhang Bao was already killed. (Because if memory serves both Yellow strategists are gone - MP and Daisy) So, if Zou Ci is the apparition that Bao summons, he can't be under Bao's control, right? Plus, if I'm understanding this correctly, you guys voted (without really knowing it) for who would become Zou Ci. If it were really Bao's apparition, wouldn't he be the one summoning who he wanted? I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking again. Plus all Yellows have *Secrets*.

@ Scotty, do you agree with Quin that Dom looks good to be a Yellow? (Due to the MP connections? MP defending him, but not including him in green in his Rainbow List?)

~Linki - or what Zou Ci said. :grin:

XOXO Epi Girl
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I would see MacDougall destroyed. The scent of the Nanman is strengthened. To slaughter those who speak is an evil to be attributed to this one. It is his way. Those who threaten the Nanman are killed by the Nanman. MacDougall does not suffer threats. His vote for the doctor on the first day is not meaningful. He resisted the destruction of the rodent spirit animal based upon his concern about the doctor's manipulation. It was transparent.

Return to “Previous Jobs”