Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 15]

Post by Matahari »

I'm probably going to go with the majority :biggrin:

I can't think of a better reason to go with anyone else, so why not? I'll wait awhile though, before voting Leetic and Nijuu.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Well I sure hope y'all are right about nijuu or else she is a warrior who can defeat leetic.

Does the game keep going if SK is activated? I would assume that would count as a LMS type of thing then
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty wrote:Well I sure hope y'all are right about nijuu or else she is a warrior who can defeat leetic.

Does the game keep going if SK is activated? I would assume that would count as a LMS type of thing then
The front page says the three kingdoms need the Nanman, the YT, and Dong Zhuo dead, so I think it keeps going until they are all eliminated.

And I do want to point out that we're all kind of taking it for granted that leetic is the last YT (which is most likely), but until that's proven to be the case I don't think we should assume it to be true.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 100

Post by indiglo »

Well, it seems like I'm still at the same place I was before regarding my votes. I'd like best to vote leetic & Bass, but it looks like it's leaning more towards leetic & ninja. I don't think that's horrible, and that's probably where I'll vote, because it looks like that's where the majority is going to fall. (And I'd rather the majority control the voting, rather than 1 of the suspects.)

I feel like I now at least find ninja more of a possibility as the SK after some discussion, I just don't feel sure. But I suppose that's the general nature of a mafia game.

I've also been thinking a lot about what might happen if/when the SK does get activated. I think the best thing will be to watch for any strange shenanigans and then follow where they go. I think at this point in the game, there are still a few treasure bearers out there, and I can only hope that some civs have protections, or something else that might help us figure out who the SK is, if they happen to target the right the player.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Is this the longest game in the history of the site already?
No.

:haha: Don't remind me!!! :haha:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

ok, I'm going to vote L&N now.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and vote in the next hour or so. Looks like it'll be L & N for me too.

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

Done.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Okey dokey. It is what it is, I'm voting now too. Leetic & ninja/blooper and then crossing my fingers for a most excellent outcome!

XOXO Epi Girl
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Y'all are so, so wrong about me. Whatevs.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

With these multiple votes, does anyone else choose their candidates, hit submit, and then have a half second heart attack while the votes are going through, like maybe you accidentally clicked the wrong person? :haha: I am such a nerd.

~Linki - if that is the case, then please accept my sincerest apologies.

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

indiglo wrote:With these multiple votes, does anyone else choose their candidates, hit submit, and then have a half second heart attack while the votes are going through, like maybe you accidentally clicked the wrong person? :haha: I am such a nerd.

~Linki - if that is the case, then please accept my sincerest apologies.
I did that a few days ago :sigh:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I would just like to point out before the thread is locked and full of terrors, that Boomslang did a drive by vote for leetic and Simon without posting an explanation or comments on today.

Just putting that out there.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:16 pm

Bass_the_Clever
Scotty (11), nijuukyugou (25)
8%

Boomslang
No votes

DFaraday
No votes

Jan / Aragorn
No votes

leetic
Zuo Ci (3), DFaraday (7), Bass_the_Clever (9), Scotty (12), Aragorn (15), Boomslang (17), Matahari (19), Quin (22), indiglo (23), nijuukyugou (26)
38%

Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes

nijuukyugou
Zuo Ci (4), DFaraday (6), Bass_the_Clever (10), Aragorn (16), Matahari (20), Quin (21), indiglo (24)
27%

Quin
No votes

Scotty
No votes

sig / indiglo
No votes

Simon
Boomslang (18)
4%

Zuo Ci
No votes

Guo Si (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), LoRab (2), nutella (5), Glorfindel (8), juliets (13), Dom (14)
23%

Total votes : 26
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Duel of the Fifteenth Day
nijuukyugou defeated leetic in a duel after one bout.
leetic was Zhang Jiao.

You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 15: Dong Zhuo is Displeased
Dong Zhuo had seen enough of the chaos, and with the Yellow Turbans banished or destroyed, he took up leadership and began to mark people for death.

He determined that one of the prefects, who had great standing among the people, needed to die. So he had a bodyguard call Scot Ti in to him.

Scot Ti was enamored to have an audience with Dong Zhuo, but Dong Zhuo didn’t wait to hear him. He ordered him executed.

"That is what I think of these pretentious fools," he said.

Scotty has been killed by Dong Zhuo.
It is now Day 15. You have 48 hours and two votes to find a threat to the Han!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 16]

Post by Epignosis »

"This messenger has nothing to share that they would neglect to speak of in person. Let us scrutinise the motivations of those that opposed the Yellow Turbans this day, and we will surely find our final foe."
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Scotty!!! :fist: I will do everything in my power to avenge you. I hate to see you go. :rip:

And voting-wise:

WE MUST NOT VOTE NINJA/BLOOPER AGAIN! I must be emphatic here. We must look elsewhere.

I was really hoping we wouldn't get a NK from the DingDong, but here we are. I feel VERY strongly that Bass should be 1 of our options today. For the other option, my POV is that Boom or DF are our best choices. I would lean towards Boom, personally, because he did yet another drive by vote.

Best choices for today: Bass, Boom, DF

I prefer: Bass & Boom

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Epignosis wrote:
"This messenger has nothing to share that they would neglect to speak of in person. Let us scrutinise the motivations of those that opposed the Yellow Turbans this day, and we will surely find our final foe."
Very clever messenger! I see that Bass, Boom and DF (my Final Three™) all voted leetic yesterday. Scotty pointed out (with his legacy post, which we didn't even know it would be yet) that Boom did a complete and total drive by vote again (so no motivations/reasons posted).

I'm happy to look at Bass and DF's votes also.

Maybe it's also good to imagine who would be most likely to kill Scotty first?

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'll follow you to the grave, indiglo. :srsnod:
ImageImageImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

indiglo wrote:Scotty!!! :fist: I will do everything in my power to avenge you. I hate to see you go. :rip:

And voting-wise:

WE MUST NOT VOTE NINJA/BLOOPER AGAIN! I must be emphatic here. We must look elsewhere.

I was really hoping we wouldn't get a NK from the DingDong, but here we are. I feel VERY strongly that Bass should be 1 of our options today. For the other option, my POV is that Boom or DF are our best choices. I would lean towards Boom, personally, because he did yet another drive by vote.

Best choices for today: Bass, Boom, DF

I prefer: Bass & Boom
This spirit feels VERY strongly that the clever fish must NOT be one of our options today. I will support your defense of the ninja warrior if that is what you believe in. I ask that you support me in favor of the clever fish. The striding one is not to be attacked either. Nor will seek the destruction of the confused little girl or yourself, bearer of jars.

We can eliminate many possible evils if we work together. We must not vote for the clever fish. I will not vote for the ninja warrior. We must work together. There are other options.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I will stay my voting hand for now. My immediate desire is to destroy DFaraday and Boomslang though.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Yes Zou, I'm willing to be a team player here. I do hope I have shown that, and I thank you also for your willingness to do so. I am trying very hard to be super stubborn this game :grin: and will do my best to continue. It is very, very hard for me to let go of my suspicion of the clever fish. As you know it has been plaguing me for a number of days now. I will do my best to tamp that down for yet another day, if that is what you need. :puppy:

I do think it is most likely Boom that we need to defeat, and I do feel that it is less likely to be DFaraday, but I could be wrong (though, just ask Dex, that hardly EVER happens :noble: ). Yes, let's work together and figure this out.

I would vote with you again today, Zou, as I did yesterday, with a bit of reluctance and hesitation. :p

I am feeling some super teamwork happening here, and I am loving it! Let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya, and then figure out who to mercilessly force into a duel to the death. :beer:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Quin wrote:I'll follow you to the grave, indiglo. :srsnod:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

This sentence was supposed to say:

I am trying very hard NOT to be super stubborn this game :grin: and will do my best to continue.

:haha:

Maybe the first time it was a Freudian slip? :haha:

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Zuo Ci, I think I understand why you're so blatantly pro-Bass.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Also, can I just say, I would love to get my little title under my name changed to "The Bearer Of Jars". :haha:

XOXO Epi Girl
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Scotty wrote:Anyway, Boom, DF and Bass seem much more palatable than ninja or Simon. I don't know what else I can say there before I'm just a broken record.
I think Scotty had the same suspicions, and I agree we should pay attention to that.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Good catch Mata! I had totally forgotten about that. See how our beloved Scotty speaks to us from beyond the grave? And continues to be a team player?

And, stop calling yourself rusty! :p :D

XOXO Epi Girl
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

indiglo wrote:Good catch Mata! I had totally forgotten about that. See how our beloved Scotty speaks to us from beyond the grave? And continues to be a team player?

And, stop calling yourself rusty! :p :D
:beer:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I kind of had Scotty pinned as the alignment checker, but it really doesn't make sense. Unless it does, in which case, someone should tell me.

I think it's more likely they died early, because I've been looking through posts for sudden changes of opinion after a duel for quite a while, and nothings really stood out to me.
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

indiglo wrote:Yes Zou, I'm willing to be a team player here. I do hope I have shown that, and I thank you also for your willingness to do so. I am trying very hard to be super stubborn this game :grin: and will do my best to continue. It is very, very hard for me to let go of my suspicion of the clever fish. As you know it has been plaguing me for a number of days now. I will do my best to tamp that down for yet another day, if that is what you need. :puppy:

I do think it is most likely Boom that we need to defeat, and I do feel that it is less likely to be DFaraday, but I could be wrong (though, just ask Dex, that hardly EVER happens :noble: ). Yes, let's work together and figure this out.

I would vote with you again today, Zou, as I did yesterday, with a bit of reluctance and hesitation. :p

I am feeling some super teamwork happening here, and I am loving it! Let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya, and then figure out who to mercilessly force into a duel to the death. :beer:
It's hard to want to sing Kumbaya when everyone seems to want to put me up to duel. :P

So far, the only people I feel really confident about are Indiglo, because apparently she has info on Ninja, and Ninja, because apparently Indiglo has info on her.

Quin feels very civ to me, though I don't have anything to support that feeling. Anyone else is a viable option, though I'm not sure if Simon would have sent in a kill, or if he would have killed Scotty first.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm gonna listen to the messenger and see if anything stands out in yesterdays wagon that might give me a rainbow list for the SK. I tried reading back through people's posts to see whether anyone was overly focused on YT's, but that's incomplete and I'll get back to it today and tomorrow.

What I know already is that everyone who did vote (so basically, everyone except Simon) voted leetic yesterday. I don't really know what he'd have done and I don't think it's worth guessing.
ImageImageImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I have examined each name remaining in our story. I have instructed a student to hold a knife to my throat and to demand that I speak with total truth my feelings about whether each may be our lone murderer. I will share with you those feelings which I expressed under threat of death:

The clever fish: not anywhere in this world.
The one called Boomslang: it is possible.
The one called DFaraday: it is possible.
The bearer of jars: my trust holds sway.
The striding one: not anywhere in this world.
The one called Matahari: it warrants consideration.
The ninja warrior: I have pledged to support the will of the bearer of jars.
The confused little girl: my trust holds sway.
The child of wise Epignosis: may we pray not, for his destruction would be the most difficult of trials.

It would seem that at the deepest depths of my soul, my attentions are focused upon the ones called Boomslang, DFaraday, Matahari, and the child of wise Epignosis. Of those, the one called Boomslang alarms me most.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Zuo Ci wrote:I have examined each name remaining in our story. I have instructed a student to hold a knife to my throat and to demand that I speak with total truth my feelings about whether each may be our lone murderer. I will share with you those feelings which I expressed under threat of death:

The clever fish: not anywhere in this world.
The one called Boomslang: it is possible.
The one called DFaraday: it is possible.
The bearer of jars: my trust holds sway.
The striding one: not anywhere in this world.
The one called Matahari: it warrants consideration.
The ninja warrior: I have pledged to support the will of the bearer of jars.
The confused little girl: my trust holds sway.
The child of wise Epignosis: may we pray not, for his destruction would be the most difficult of trials.

It would seem that at the deepest depths of my soul, my attentions are focused upon the ones called Boomslang, DFaraday, Matahari, and the child of wise Epignosis. Of those, the one called Boomslang alarms me most.
I'll point out that Scotty seemed to trust Simon, so that should be taken into consideration.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I think Simon is probably the one I'm least likely to vote for out of my pool of candidates. For reference, that's Simon, nijuu, DFaraday and Boomslang. The latter three aren't really in any particular order.
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

What would be the chances of getting a 24 hour day, if we all got our discussion and votes in before tonight?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Whether it's a 24 or 48 hour day, I'll still try to hold my vote until later on. I really don't mind, as long as we do spend the time we have talking about things. I have something in writing I'm trying to express, I'll share it in a minute.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't want to get on a high horse and declare myself a confirmed civ, but my thought process right now is this:

When the day began, I was kind of surprised that I wasn't dead. Scotty had definitely cleared me as civ, and since indiglo assisted him in getting there I'd say she's of that opinion as well. The fact that I'm not dead makes me confident in saying that the SK is among Simon, nijuu, DFaraday and Boomslang. None of them were around at the time the interaction between Scotty, indiglo and I transpired. Their lack of presence thus far makes me think they're more likely to be skimming the thread, and it's likely that they missed it in their catch up (if there was one).

Really, I just don't see anybody who's been highly invested in the game choosing Scotty over me as a NK target. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm also leaving Aragorn out of that based on Zuo Ci's testimony.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Popping in before I literally close my eyes and go to sleep... I will admit, I have entertained the idea of Mata being bad as well. There, I said it, and I am ashamed. Nothing she's done really, just my rampant paranoia and the shrinking of the list of possible suspects.

That is my sleepy confession. I hope to be absolved of guilt now so I may rest.

Also I could helpfully remove Simon's name from the suspect list. ... Yep, there, just scratched him out. :p

@ DF - I know, right? And I am terribly sorry to be suggesting it too, because I truly feel it is most likely Boom. You know, we could always ask for a volunteer to go up against our final choice... but that honestly seems fraught with peril too.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Quin wrote: Really, I just don't see anybody who's been highly invested in the game choosing Scotty over me as a NK target. :shrug:
I feel the same way about myself. I keep feeling a sense of shocked relief each time the night post goes up and I've not been targeted.

That's one reason why I was wondering if any of those people had any particular relationship/friendship with Scotty over anyone else. But, perhaps they just picked him because they picked him. It's hard to say at this point.

Ok, time for sleeps. :ninja:

XOXO Epi Girl
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

If it brings comfort to you, children, this spirit would consider pitting himself against the one called Boomslang. I fear that my influence would be lost if I am destroyed, and those who remain would do something unthinkable. I need pledges.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Zuo Ci wrote:If it brings comfort to you, children, this spirit would consider pitting himself against the one called Boomslang. I fear that my influence would be lost if I am destroyed, and those who remain would do something unthinkable. I need pledges.
I don't think we're at the point where we need to start taking those risks. I still have a whole lotta names I'd vote before I vote you.
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

indiglo wrote:Popping in before I literally close my eyes and go to sleep... I will admit, I have entertained the idea of Mata being bad as well. There, I said it, and I am ashamed. Nothing she's done really, just my rampant paranoia and the shrinking of the list of possible suspects.

That is my sleepy confession. I hope to be absolved of guilt now so I may rest.

Also I could helpfully remove Simon's name from the suspect list. ... Yep, there, just scratched him out. :p

@ DF - I know, right? And I am terribly sorry to be suggesting it too, because I truly feel it is most likely Boom. You know, we could always ask for a volunteer to go up against our final choice... but that honestly seems fraught with peril too.
Its ok, I have suspected everyone at one point or the other. I have also been surprised by many of the kills in the game, especially the early YT kills. As far as Scotty goes, he may have been killed because of the names he suspected, or he may have been killed to make it look suspicious for the names he mentioned. Every thing that happens in mafia has more than one angle :omg:

I don't mind dueling, I mind it if I die, of course, because it would be better to not lose civs. But I have a decent chance of winning, so this is how I see it. I think either Boom or DF is bad. That means one of them is good. I'm also good, so somebody good is going to be on the chopping block tomorrow. My goodness is no more important than someone else's goodness, so I'll be supportive of whatever we all choose to do.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Quin wrote:
Zuo Ci wrote:If it brings comfort to you, children, this spirit would consider pitting himself against the one called Boomslang. I fear that my influence would be lost if I am destroyed, and those who remain would do something unthinkable. I need pledges.
I don't think we're at the point where we need to start taking those risks. I still have a whole lotta names I'd vote before I vote you.
I understand, child. I would ask that you meditate on this, and ponder where the true risks lie. All may not be as you see it. Our story unfolds as a mystery.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

That's noble of you Zou, but at this point I'm with Quin. I think it is patently obvious that you can't be DingDong, so I'd rather vote for someone who I at least could see as a possible DingDong candidate. And I honestly think it's got to be between the 3 I mentioned, and I will give Bass a pass on good faith for you. I ask you do the same for ninja (which you do) and also Simon.

I just don't see any other options. :sigh: I feel that my vote will inevitably fall to Boom and DF. As a reminder, DingDong is a Leader class, meaning he has 1 six-sided die. The best to pit against him would be a strong warrior, but at the end of the day, all is left to chance anyway.

Mata, I appreciate your sentiments, I also feel you are not DingDong. I feel you are less likely to be DingDong than DF. Perhaps I am letting sentiment get the better of me with this vote, but I feel I will be voting with a heavy heart this day.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Also, I have company coming this afternoon (and staying until Wednesday), so unfortunately I may end up needing to vote before they arrive. (I'm not sure how much time I'll have to do any computer stuff once they get here.)

I'll wait as long as I can though, and hopefully we will be able to come to an agreement. I feel like the decision has been made for us, but I am still stubborn about some things, and I prefer to get there of my own volition. :blush:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Oh wait, I just checked poll closing - it's not tonight, it's tomorrow night. LOL So I don't have to vote this afternoon, I'll for sure have time at some point tomorrow during the day (or at least morning) to check in again and be active. Doh! :doh:

XOXO Epi Girl
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

I finally just figured out why Indiglo probably is so sure of Ninja. If that's the case, it still doesn't tell me Ninja's faction though. Come to think of it this whole game we haven't really considered factions, even though they are vital to endgame.

I will likely vote Boom, since as he's the only other person whom nobody is vouching for he could very well be the SK, and as for my other vote, maybe Mata. I'd consider Aragorn too, except Zuo Ci seems to be sure of him.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”