Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 16]

Post by Boomslang »

I feel like I'm being set up. Literally the last post of the previous day was Scotty calling me out for a rushed vote, and then he gets NK'd. Of course that's going to throw suspicion my way.

And I realized that we didn't finish our inactive hunting—we need to vote Aragorn. Jan was absent from Day 3 through Day 12 before Aragorn took over. There's also some negative back-and-forth between Aragorn and Scotty buried in Day 13, long enough ago that he might have thought able to get away with the NK now.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Boomslang wrote:I feel like I'm being set up. Literally the last post of the previous day was Scotty calling me out for a rushed vote, and then he gets NK'd. Of course that's going to throw suspicion my way.

And I realized that we didn't finish our inactive hunting—we need to vote Aragorn. Jan was absent from Day 3 through Day 12 before Aragorn took over. There's also some negative back-and-forth between Aragorn and Scotty buried in Day 13, long enough ago that he might have thought able to get away with the NK now.
We will not be pursuing the destruction of the striding one. You shall provide a different name.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I AM FINALLY BACK FROM THE WEDDING MADNESS THAT WAS SEPTEMBER I AM A NORMAL HOOMAN AGAIN :omg: :omg: :omg:

Errrr, I'm flattered that I'm suddenly trusted, but...what the fuck. Where did all of that trust come from? Supposed info? What is this? I don't have time to read everything I've missed in my flyby playing, but I believe I'll be looking a little more closely this round and, y'know, actually have reasons behind my vote. We'll see. Blooper out for now, but just wanted to comment.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 100

Post by indiglo »

Boomslang wrote:I feel like I'm being set up. Literally the last post of the previous day was Scotty calling me out for a rushed vote, and then he gets NK'd. Of course that's going to throw suspicion my way.

No. There is to be NO voting of Aragorn. At least Zou and I agree on that one! :D
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

nijuukyugou wrote:I AM FINALLY BACK FROM THE WEDDING MADNESS THAT WAS SEPTEMBER I AM A NORMAL HOOMAN AGAIN :omg: :omg: :omg:

Errrr, I'm flattered that I'm suddenly trusted, but...what the fuck. Where did all of that trust come from? Supposed info? What is this? I don't have time to read everything I've missed in my flyby playing, but I believe I'll be looking a little more closely this round and, y'know, actually have reasons behind my vote. We'll see. Blooper out for now, but just wanted to comment.

I would humbly ask you then to consider the wisdom in perhaps looking to those who have been fully present, participating and aware of a multitude of situations and circumstances, and to consider who they are voting for. I believe we are at the End Game point, and likely all our harmonious votes will be important.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

I am going to vote Boom and DF today, and hopefully the innocent one will slay the DingDong. But I will wait to cast, of course.

There are some very cute names in this game, I especially like the one called Hung Guy :beer:
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Ok gang, I feel it is likely I will not be able to get back on before End of Day. It's possible, but the likelihood isn't fantastic, so to avoid missing the vote, I'm going to go ahead and do it now. If anything comes up before End of Day to change anything, I put my confidence in the group to do the best thing. :noble:

For now, voting Boom and DF, and apologizing to whichever one I'm wrong about. (Probably DF) As Mata said, good luck to the innocent dueler! :beer:

XOXO Epi Girl
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

Well, y'all are barking up the wrong tree with me. If you want another name, pick Simon; Zuo's objection seems to be that he'd be hard to kill, but I've had suspicions throughout the game, and if it needs to be done it needs to be done. *votes DFaraday and Simon*
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

:sigh: Boomslang and Simon.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I am inspired to speak about the child of wise Epignosis. May it be that he has earned the fealty of some for his valor in battle, and his unending thirst for combat? This spirit would warn against such a notion, as the rules of reason and bravery are different for such a young one. He should not be judged the same way others are judged. He wants to fight because fighting is exciting.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Young Simon knows not of evil. Please do not vote for him anymore, I ask you take this stand with me, as you are with Ninja. No more votes for young Simon, for he is innocent.

Again, I find myself and Zou aligned in our desires to spare the innocent child. Please take heed of this, for it is important.

Also, WHY am I suddenly moved to talk like Zou??? :confused2: :haha:

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

Got to vote in the next hour or so since I've got to leave for the day, so I'm going to vote Boomslang and DFaraday now. Let's hope Dong Zhuo is among them :srsnod:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Aragorn
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Aragorn »

I always find inactive hunting as distraction. There was (a very tiny amount of) discussion between myself and Scotty, but I don't see how you would come to the conclusion that I'd want him dead over it.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Aragorn wrote:

I always find inactive hunting as distraction. There was (a very tiny amount of) discussion between myself and Scotty, but I don't see how you would come to the conclusion that I'd want him dead over it.
I commend you for still trying to actually play the game instead of going along with the vouch fest that is the rest of this day's comments. I'm never a fan of games devolving into "I'm just really sure about him, guys!" Especially when I end up on the short end of the stick. Pity party over.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Aragorn
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Aragorn »

I'm going to go with the Boomslang vote too, but I'm not too sure about the DFaraday. We need to be sure about this.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I'm going to vote Boom and DF because their first posts this day phase was not exactly what I would have expected. Boom's sounded like someone who hasn't been reading the thread very closely, and DF's because his questions about factions made no sense to me, in light of role descriptions. Maybe I'm just missing something (again), but I feel like a solid read-through of roles, and posts pretty much highlight who should not be voted today.

Again, I might be wrong in my own understanding but I have to go with what I've ascertained. Boom and DF
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

DFaraday wrote:I commend you for still trying to actually play the game instead of going along with the vouch fest that is the rest of this day's comments. I'm never a fan of games devolving into "I'm just really sure about him, guys!" Especially when I end up on the short end of the stick. Pity party over.
I sense that this one is distraught by his exposure. It is for the best that he be destroyed. It is done.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

DF and Simon. Not feeling a Boomslang vote, as the major argument appears to be a drive-by and inactivity for which I may be *ahem* partially responsible for in RL :blush: I feel itchy about indiglo's sudden vouch, but that vote goes nowhere, and Simon gives me the vibes along with some pull, so yeah. DF, along with others, gunned for me for so long without much logic besides being inactive, so I'm okay there. Here goes nothing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Simon
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Simon »

I'll fight Boomslang back.

:epig:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I went with the crowd.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the final duel and we don't have any icky surprises, like a possible nanman still alive, in addition to a naughty indy.

May the bad guy lose this duel :beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Epignosis »

Day 16: A Cock and a Hen
董卓
A challenger rose up against someone called D’Faraday, and this vexed D’Faraday much.

D’Faraday cried out, “You weaver of mats! You plaiter of straw shoes! I will destroy you because I despise you!”

Booms Lang the challenger arose and said, “I must settle now who will be cock and who will be hen.”

The battle commenced.

Boomslang defeated DFaraday after one bout.

DFaraday was Dong Zhuo.
The Three Kingdoms Period is Over.

Wei are victorious.
Congratulations to reywaS, Simon, Matahari, Boomslang, Dunny, nutella, Soneji, and Dom.

Yuan Shao is victorious.
Congratulations to Elohcin, nijuukyugou, Scotty, TheCapsFan

Lu Bu is victorious.
Congratulations to Bass_the_Clever, JaggedJimmyJay
The End
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Elohcin »

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: WOO HOO!!!!! We did it guys! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats to all the other teams that did it too. :nicenod:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Post by Dom »

So.... Mac, DFaraday both bad. I feel good! :D

Congrats to my fellow winners!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Shu
Liu Bei- Glorfindel
Zhang Fei- Jan / Aragorn
Guan Yu- JaggedJimmyJay
Zhou Yun- Bubbles/Sloonei
Ma Chao- Golden
Huang Zhong- TheCapsFan
Wei Yan- timmer
Pang Tong- Turnip Head
Zhuge Liang- Quin

Wei
Cao Cao- birdwithteeth11/reywaS
Xiahou Dun- Simon
Xiahou Yuan- nijuukyugou
Zhang Liao- Nerolunar/Matahari
Dian Wei- Boomslang
Xu Chu- Dunny
Cao Ren- nutella
Xu Huang- Soneji
Sima Yi- Dom

Wu
Sun Jian- Bullzeye
Sun Ce- rabbit8/Ricochet
Sun Quan- Scotty
Sun Shang-Xiang- Dragon D. Luffy
Huang Gai- Sorsha
Zhou Tai- Russtifinko
Ling Tong- DisgruntledPorcupine
Taishi Ci- Lorab
Zhou Yu- sig / indiglo

Yellow Turbans
Zhang Jiao - leetic
Zhang Bao- Spacedaisy
Zhang Liang- MovingPictures07

Nanman
Meng Huo- MacDougall
Lady Zhurong- insertnamehere
Jinhuan Sanjie- S~V~S
Dong Tu Na- MetalMarsh89
Ahuinan- DrWilgy

Independents
Dong Zhuo- DFaraday
Yuan Shao- Elohcin
Lu Bu- Bass_the_Clever

Zuo Ci- JJJ (Sockpuppet)
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Super duper! Great job crew. I'm sorry to the Shu and Wu civilians who don't "technically" win, but you folks still helped us to ensure the baddies didn't take it.

It's especially a bummer that the Shu couldn't win. Glorfindel and Aragorn know what I mean. I was hoping green and blue would have the same number of survivors in the end for a mutual victory or something.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Secrets

Pang Tong
You have a list of falsehoods. You will choose one and send it to a person each Night.

1. You have been recruited by Yuan Shao. Yuan Shao is {player}. You now share Yuan Shao’s win condition.
2. You are honor bound to serve {Clan} for the next {#} phases. During your period of loyalty to {Clan}, you share their win condition.
3. The people look to you with shame! Your vote will not count for the next Day phase.
4. The people look to you with honor! Your vote will count twice for the next Day phase.
5. You have intercepted a message stating that Lu Bu wishes to serve someone of the {Clan} faction.
6. Lu Bu desires to serve your faction. If you want Lu Bu’s loyalty, he demands a sign: For Day {#}, you are to vote {player}.
7. You have been challenged! If you end the day with the most on-topic posts, you will win a prize. Speak nothing of this!
8. The emperor requires that you express an opinion on each living person; failure to do so means you will be executed for treason!

Sima Yi
By the end of Day 1, you will craft three counterfeit treasures. Anyone who possesses those treasures will experience a setback of your design. Finally, if any Wei member chooses a counterfeit, he will be prompted to choose something else. However, if you are dead, they will not be prompted.

Zhang Jiao (Wind and Rain)
The terrible weather will be seen as an omen, and officials will declare it an inauspicious day for daily activity. Any planned duel the Day after you cast your spell will be canceled.

Zhang Bao (Apparitions)
Each Night, you may bring into existence an apparition for the next Day, which will be an account under your control. Its vote is worth 1. To discourage speculation that the stranger is indeed an apparition, you have the further power to corrupt dreams: The same Night, you may send a message to anybody each Night that will come from another fake account called “Apparition.” Apparitions cannot receive votes or be targeted. If you die, all ghostly activity ceases.

Zhang Liang (Rockslides)
Rockslides will block roads and prevent your target from advancing and taking any action that Night or the next Day, including speaking or casting votes.

Lu Bu
Lu Bu is a legendary warrior. As such, he has a +2 modifier in a duel. At any point, Lu Bu may betray the faction he has joined and serve another one. If he does this, the votes against him from the clan he betrayed will be doubled. He will flee from the first kill attempt on his life.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

By the way, nobody sent a kill in Night 1. Eight mafia members, and not one of them sent in a kill.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:By the way, nobody sent a kill in Night 1. Eight mafia members, and not one of them sent in a kill.
And how much crap did Glorfindel get for suggesting that was the case? :disappoint:

Bummer that the game suffered with so much inactivity. It's clear you worked hard on it Epi. Thanks for hosting, it was definitely a unique experience. It also appeared well balanced, which is, as always, an impressive feat for such a complex design.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

I'm seriously so mad how the last couple of phases went, but congratulations winners. You weavers of mats. And great game, Epi.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Good game. Thanks, Epi!!!

Glad to see a civ win, even if not my faction.

Sorry I was so out of things due to real life (and not realizing the game had started). And being repeatedly silenced.

Also, WTF with Scotty saying he was silenced the same time I was if he wasn't bad? Was there another silencer that I'm missing?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Rob, I really enjoyed teh game. I wish I could have devoted more time to it.

I'm interested to see how items played into the game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Glorfindel »

To Epi, thank you for what (despite at times fairly abominable participation) was a fascinating and thoroughly entertaining game. I am also indebted to you for giving me BTSC with Jay - there is little doubt in my mind that I will be an infinitely better Mafia player in the longer term for the experience :nicenod: Thank you too, to Jay for being such an amazing team member and congratulations on your win!

Congratulations to team Wei, you guys did great!

Whilst I take some satisfaction away from this game for being correct in a number of my judgements, I apologise to all of Team Shu for not having been a better leader for you all throughout this game. I feel humbled to have led a team of such illustrious players like Golden, Jay, Turnip Head and Quin. I'm sorry to TheCapsFan, Sloonei and (especially) Timmer for how things went for us. I would like however to also place on the record my most sincere thanks to my dear friend Aragorn for jumping into the breach so late in the game to take Jan's place :bighug:

Thanks, Guys - I hope to see you all in Mad Max... :D
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

GG gents! Thank you nijuu for surviving and getting that win for us!! And congrats to the other factions that won--

I was completely hunting for Mafia the whole time, even though Elo recruited me Night 1 after my battle. I was pretty wrong about a few notable things and I'm curious about a few things with my treasure. :scared:
LoRab wrote:Good game. Thanks, Epi!!!

Glad to see a civ win, even if not my faction.

Sorry I was so out of things due to real life (and not realizing the game had started). And being repeatedly silenced.

Also, WTF with Scotty saying he was silenced the same time I was if he wasn't bad? Was there another silencer that I'm missing?
I was silenced 4, 6, 12 and 14. :shrug2:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

So happy this ended with a civ win. I feel like this was one of my better games :nicenod:

Still, sucks not to win in the long run, but my focus was always on hunting baddies rather than officially winning.

@glorfindel you praise me too highly, I'm blushing.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Epig, thank you so much for letting me sub, I had forgotten how much fun it can be to play, and I really liked the duel vs. lynch aspect. Its the first game I've ever played (I'm pretty sure) that 2 players had to be voted each day.

DF- you played it well! I still wasn't sure whether it was you or Boom, but I had been eliminating suspects after each duel, and I knew it wasn't me, so that left the 2 of you. And I still had no clue which of you two was bad.

It was nice meeting new players and playing again with my regulars :beer:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Thanks for hosting Epi, this was an especially complicated game
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

AWESOME game! I had a really fun time, and I don't mind not taking home a banner because I still feel like we all played well as a team together. I have learned a lot about being a team player, and trusting others in the past few games I've played as a civ, and am so glad that most of us were able to trust each other and work together the way we did. I feel very satisfied at how so many of us were able to band together and forget about families/win cons and just baddie hunt together. It felt really good, and I will continue to try my best NOT to be stubborn in future games. :grin:

Epi, I really enjoyed this game, thanks for hosting. I felt really overwhelmed, and kind of reluctantly agreed to sub in, but I am so glad I did. I had a blast. It was nice playing with so many familiar faces, and was a real joy to play with you again Mata!

DF - You had me fooled!!! I was still 100% reading you as frustrated civ, not bad. You did VERY well. So, as frustrating as the past few day phases were for you, I hope you walk away knowing that your play is NOT what got you. Maybe that is more frustrating to hear, but I was moments away from voting Boom and someone else, and your play is what made me question even the very info that I had. I was completely shocked to find out you were the DingDong. So kudos to you on a most excellently played game. Though, I may never trust you again. :p

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Quin wrote:So happy this ended with a civ win. I feel like this was one of my better games :nicenod:

Still, sucks not to win in the long run, but my focus was always on hunting baddies rather than officially winning.

@glorfindel you praise me too highly, I'm blushing.
Totes agree!!! :beer: :beer:

I realized at one point that family wouldn't win, I think we took the heaviest losses of all families in duels. But I get so much joy out of working together and baddie hunting that I didn't even care. LOL (Well, sure a banner would be nice, but I never equate # of banners to skill of playing anyway.) And we did have fun didn't we?

Also, there were so many moments when I was expecting a reprimand from Epi for being blatantly obvious in my posts. I apologize if I did not play my info role well, I don't recall ever having a role like this before, so I tried to balance being a team player for my civs with not breaking the game. I also want to apologize again to you, DF. I know it sucks to be in that position. You handled it with class, grace and aplomb my friend! :beer:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Also Quin, Strategist hi-5!! Were we the only 2 surviving Strategists?? We shall create our own family anyway. Harumph. :pout:

:haha:

XOXO Epi Girl
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I want to know what kind of prizes people were winning
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

This was mine (and why I wasn't particularly concerned with NKs):

You have acquired the feather fan.

Feather Fan
If someone attempts to kill you, it will fail, and you will challenge your opponent to a duel, which will occur at the end of the next Day. This may occur one time.

XOXO Epi Girl
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

indiglo wrote: Also, there were so many moments when I was expecting a reprimand from Epi for being blatantly obvious in my posts. I apologize if I did not play my info role well, I don't recall ever having a role like this before, so I tried to balance being a team player for my civs with not breaking the game. I also want to apologize again to you, DF. I know it sucks to be in that position. You handled it with class, grace and aplomb my friend! :beer:
:hug: No worries! Though I would have tried killing you next if I hadn't died, just for putting me in that position. :P

So Zuo Ci didn't have any info? Because the way he talked made it sound like he had concrete reasons for believing a bunch of people were civ.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

I'm surprised none of the civvies seemed to really take their own win conditions into account, everyone pretty much played it as civvies vs. baddies. I wonder if Epi anticipated that or more faction consideration.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

DFaraday wrote:
indiglo wrote: Also, there were so many moments when I was expecting a reprimand from Epi for being blatantly obvious in my posts. I apologize if I did not play my info role well, I don't recall ever having a role like this before, so I tried to balance being a team player for my civs with not breaking the game. I also want to apologize again to you, DF. I know it sucks to be in that position. You handled it with class, grace and aplomb my friend! :beer:
:hug: No worries! Though I would have tried killing you next if I hadn't died, just for putting me in that position. :P

So Zuo Ci didn't have any info? Because the way he talked made it sound like he had concrete reasons for believing a bunch of people were civ.
Let's face it, I had it coming!!

XOXO Epi Girl
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel wrote:To Epi, thank you for what (despite at times fairly abominable participation) was a fascinating and thoroughly entertaining game. I am also indebted to you for giving me BTSC with Jay - there is little doubt in my mind that I will be an infinitely better Mafia player in the longer term for the experience :nicenod: Thank you too, to Jay for being such an amazing team member and congratulations on your win!

Congratulations to team Wei, you guys did great!

Whilst I take some satisfaction away from this game for being correct in a number of my judgements, I apologise to all of Team Shu for not having been a better leader for you all throughout this game. I feel humbled to have led a team of such illustrious players like Golden, Jay, Turnip Head and Quin. I'm sorry to TheCapsFan, Sloonei and (especially) Timmer for how things went for us. I would like however to also place on the record my most sincere thanks to my dear friend Aragorn for jumping into the breach so late in the game to take Jan's place :bighug:

Thanks, Guys - I hope to see you all in Mad Max... :D
You did a great job, Matty. They killed you because they feared you. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DFaraday wrote:So Zuo Ci didn't have any info? Because the way he talked made it sound like he had concrete reasons for believing a bunch of people were civ.
When I was with the Shu family I had BTSC with Glorfindel and Jan/Aragorn. When I was brought back into the game as Zuo Ci, I was tied to Lu Bu (Bass). If Bass had ever been killed, neither he nor I would have been able to win the game.

I tried to work that stuff into my roleplaying so my "reads" could be associated with that roleplay rather than information. It's hard to walk that tightrope though, and sometimes the concept of infodumping remains fuzzy to me even. I resisted their lynches and when pressed for "why" I painted it as gut reads. Sometimes that still looks like information. :shrug2:

You did well though, DF, to survive this long. A little better luck in the dueling ring could have taken you far.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Awesome game everyone!! Sorry Quin I really thought you were bad. Lol . We did it JJJ thanks so much for the much needed help at the end.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

indiglo wrote:Also Quin, Strategist hi-5!! Were we the only 2 surviving Strategists?? We shall create our own family anyway. Harumph. :pout:

:haha:
:p

I thought for a moment that you might actually be the role checker, but I figured you weren't because you were saying Bass was bad, and I was under the impression you were wrong because of what 3J said. I figured since he had BTSC I thought that he was defending Aragorn and Bass based on that. I was half right, I suppose. I'm not sure what the whole Bass/3J thing was all about, they won together so it must have something to do with something.

Speaking of 3J, he really likes the word 'inspire' :p It's what made it so blatantly obvious who Zuo Ci was :p
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Awesome game everyone!! Sorry Quin I really thought you were bad. Lol . We did it JJJ thanks so much for the much needed help at the end.
I wasn't really sure what to make of you when you tried to get me lynched before, I just couldn't see a single reason as to why a civ would try it. I mean, at least fudge a real case :p
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”