motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:GTH GO

A2THEZEBRA
INSERTNAMEHERE
scum
scum
I knew you'd OMGUS.
That's rich.
If you actually think I OMGUS'd you when that LoRab vote exists you're delusional.

linki @ motel - That you're bad? Duh?
How did you know I would decide you were scum?
Because that would be a predictable scum response to my read of you, and you can't afford to be unpredictable right now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Re: MAD MAX: Night 3

Post by MacDougall »

Zebra appeared to have an extremely solid town read on me. I mean she made this post ffs.
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:MP if you are voting for me for shits and giggles or to see a reaction from me then posting it kind of nullifies any pointed post I could make. Yet again you are bad in a game I am in.

Ricochet's "policy lynch" is based on the fact that I policy night killed him in the previous game. That won't be happening here by virtue of the fact that I do not have the power of night kills. :hugs:

Glorfindel is probably also voting for me because I night killed him last game.
This is civ Mac if I know the slightest thing about him.
And apparently the person I voted for flipping Mafia is a good reason for that to change and indeed has nothing to do with me changing my read of her.

LOL BZZZ LOL
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
motel room wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
motel room wrote:

A2THEZEBRA
INSERTNAMEHERE
scum
scum
I knew you'd OMGUS.
That's rich.
If you actually think I OMGUS'd you when that LoRab vote exists you're delusional.

Because that would be a predictable scum response to my read of you, and you can't afford to be unpredictable right now.
BZZZZZ
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

a2thezebra wrote:
motel room wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
motel room wrote:

A2THEZEBRA
INSERTNAMEHERE
scum
scum
I knew you'd OMGUS.
That's rich.

Uh why can't I afford to be unpredictable?
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 247

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:Zebra appeared to have an extremely solid town read on me. I mean she made this post ffs.
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:MP if you are voting for me for shits and giggles or to see a reaction from me then posting it kind of nullifies any pointed post I could make. Yet again you are bad in a game I am in.

Ricochet's "policy lynch" is based on the fact that I policy night killed him in the previous game. That won't be happening here by virtue of the fact that I do not have the power of night kills. :hugs:

And apparently the person I voted for flipping Mafia is a good reason for that to change and indeed has nothing to do with me changing my read of her.

LOL BZZZ LOL
That was fairly early on Day 1. JJJ just flip-flopped on MP twice in the past two hours. I can change my mind whenever I feel it needs changing.

linki - Because you're being closely monitored now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Zebra appeared to have an extremely solid town read on me. I mean she made this post ffs.
a2thezebra wrote:

LOL BZZZ LOL
That was fairly early on Day 1. JJJ just flip-flopped on MP twice in the past two hours. I can change my mind whenever I feel it needs changing.

That was one of a slew of posts that indicated a civ read of me and you know that. You are being extremely disingenuous. You would have been far better off just admitting you got slighted by my scum read but you tried to justify it. That's what makes you bad.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

The irony of Mac's BZZZZing is that he'd probably have reverted back to his town read of me if I hadn't have scum read him. His reads are always emotionally-based.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

LOL BZZZ LOL

That was one of a slew of posts that indicated a civ read of me and you know that. You are being extremely disingenuous. You would have been far better off just admitting you got slighted by my scum read but you tried to justify it. That's what makes you bad.
Where did I say or imply that it was the only post where I expressed a civ read of you? That's your invention. My point was that even if changing my mind over a short period of time was a bad thing, I don't even meet the short period of time standard if we're going by the post you quoted.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Also, me being stubborn makes me bad? LMAO
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

a2thezebra wrote:linki - Because you're being closely monitored now.
This is a game of mafia, we're all being closely monitored. Changing my opinion of you to scum is because I "can't afford to be unpredictable" according to you. You have LoRab high in your rainbow list so I must have bussed Elo in the dying moments of the Day, according to you.

To put an end to the questions, I think you're full of shit.
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

motel room wrote:
This is a game of mafia, we're all being closely monitored. Changing my opinion of you to scum is because I "can't afford to be unpredictable" according to you. You have LoRab high in your rainbow list so I must have bussed Elo in the dying moments of the Day, according to you.

Regarding the underlined, that simply isn't true. Even for the players that dig deep for every possible clue with both the dead and living players, there's still varying degrees as to how closely someone is monitored based on how suspicious they seem. You are definitely more suspicious to me now than you were before, and you're aware of that. That's what your OMGUS is about. I called out your shit and your response is to say I'm full of shit. I also like that you present a possibility (italicized) concerning your scum-motivated actions that I didn't even suggest, but one that is worthy of consideration. You're doing my job for me!
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The Mac/Zebra/INH triumvirate is dead. Long live the MotelDougall dynamic duo.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

a2thezebra wrote:
motel room wrote:

Regarding the underlined, that simply isn't true. Even for the players that dig deep for every possible clue with both the dead and living players, there's still varying degrees as to how closely someone is monitored based on how suspicious they seem. You are definitely more suspicious to me now than you were before, and you're aware of that. That's what your OMGUS is about. I called out your shit and your response is to say I'm full of shit. I also like that you present a possibility (italicized) concerning your scum-motivated actions that I didn't even suggest, but one that is worthy of consideration. You're doing my job for me!
Heh so you didnt even think that through?
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JJJ I think it's safe to say that Mac reads me as bad.

linki - Nope. I go by what pings me, not how everything fits together. Call me kooky call me crazy but I just like to point out what stinks.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Various responses (all in sarcastic orange) to JJJ's interaction post about me and Elo:

Elohcin:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It pains me to disparage a lady, but I do believe Elohcin's response to that random vote from her husband was a bit lifeless. Considering she is here to see Neil Hartley live and in the flesh, I know she isn't that bored. The look on her face, it's giving Neil the wrong impression.
:ponder:
So yeah, it was like after midnight when I posted that response to Epi. Maybe that's why it seems lifeless. Last night was my monthly ladies night out and I didn't come home until I had my fill of caramel apple sangria.

I cannot even remember what emoji I used. Wait....I do remember. Was it was "I'm wacko" one :omg: ...I think so. That emoji makes me think of someone being crazy and silly with their post/vote. I actually didn't even look to see he ACTUALLY voted for me. I thought he was kidding at the time. Maybe I ought to vote him back :p But probably not as I might be voting to save myself with it being so close and all.

I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

I'll hold off on voting for now.
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

The "trying too hard" argument bothers me, but I'm not sure I find you suspicious for it. I just don't agree. Also, Neil Hartley has nothing to do with Mad Max.
Then I'm even more confused. Posting on my phone and have no clue how to so multiple quotes
..so posting this now and will most likely post again.
I'll tack these two Day 1 posts together, because they're the only times Elohcin acknowledged MP's existence in this whole game (MP has nearly 300 posts). That alone might be some cause for concern. In the first post she is talking to me more than MP. In the second, she is responding to the revelation that Neil Hartley is not a character in Mad Max. XD

I can't help it that Elohcin wouldn't talk to me. I kept trying to engage her, which I think is evident, but she kept ignoring me.

MovingPictures07:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

The "trying too hard" argument bothers me, but I'm not sure I find you suspicious for it. I just don't agree. Also, Neil Hartley has nothing to do with Mad Max.
This post came up above, but I focused on Eloh's response. Now I'll focus on MP. I don't care for this post at face value. That he was willing to state a suspicion and specifically tack on the comforting "but I'm not sure I find you suspicious for it" bit is problematic. I don't know what that phrase adds to this post, it seems a pointless caveat. If that's how he feels, why is the point being made?

How is it problematic? I was being specific that I disagree but I was torn on whether to find it suspicious (due to being opportunistic/manufactured or sincere). I suppose I should have elaborated upon it, but I revisited this in subsequent posts.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know?
What a wild post, madame! How would you feel if Neil Hartley told you that you "tried too hard" to find something negative to say about his roleplay! I think you might be bad news, and I'm gonna inform security to keep an eye on your table.

Elohcin
How much of this serious?
Eh. :ponder:

I'm sorry, I just couldn't tell how much of this was tongue-in-cheek reaction baiting and how much was sincere, even though I figured it was probably the latter. So that's why I asked.

Still the orange pile in MP's second rainbow -- One thing I'll say is that MP seemed unusually hesitant to color anyone red. I know it was early in the game, but that hasn't stopped him before.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Moving my vote to Elohcin.
Day 1 vote for Elohcin. It stayed there. It was also the last second-last final vote of the phase though, and it left Elohcin two votes behind the eventually lynched Scotty. There were about 24 minutes left in the day at this point. An Elohcin lynch was probably unlikely.

There's some potential this was a credit-grab vote. It is somewhat close in character to what MP and I did cooperatively as baddies in Transistor -- push our team mate into a near-lynch scenario at the end of Day 1 just for credit, because we knew she wouldn't actually get lynched due to lack of votes available (ironically our team mate was Elohcin then).

I grant this is a highly speculative notion.

I suppose this is a fair interpretation, even if it is the wrong one (your notion, that is). Is there anything you want me to elaborate upon here or address further? I'm not sure what to say about it.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:However, I don't agree with JJJ and his vote for me. Epi said it himself that he had no reason for voting/suspecting me.
One of the reasons you've gotten the attention of Neil Hartley for the wrong reasons is that you keep attributing my suspicion of you to Epignosis. Don't get me wrong, Epi is a top gentleman. He knows his stuff. You're talking to Neil though. You know, the main event? The man under the spotlight with the microphone who's been crooning the evening away so divinely? You're talking to me, not Epignosis.
It's weird. I don't know what it is. But your role-playing makes me cringe. (I'm not trying to be mean, just honest.) I think there are multiple reasons for this. First, you have always been such a logical, reasonable player. And this act seems to be the opposite to that. The second reason is difficult for me to explain. I am a very matter-of-fact person. Black and white. The role playing unnerves me for some reason and I think its b/c it seems like you are hiding behind it. Like you don;t have to be real or talk about real issues of the game b/c you are roleplaying. Maybe I am the one being weird, or who IS weird. Maybe I am bringing my own personality issues into this and shouldn't be. FWIW, I think you are civ.
Irony much?

This is the same kind of shit people gave Dom for in roleplaying his Donald Trump impression in a recent game. He contributed more original content while roleplaying than nearly everyone else playing that game. I believe JJJ is doing the same here.

You say you find him civilian now, but JJJ has been providing content even while roleplaying since the start of the game. What has changed? How did you come to a different conclusion?
Directly accusatory and in Elohcin's face. I like this one.

What do you like about it?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I feel like Elohcin's limited hunting efforts have looked fake. That's the best summarized version of the case I can give.
This.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:So it is Thursday. AND added to my already busy Thursday (homeschool group day), we had band practice tonight instead of last night. So, I haven't been on here all day. I just got home and have no time to catch up. I will vote Rico. I don't know if he is bad or not. But I know I am not. And well....better save a civ over someone you aren't 100% sure is a civ.
I might be in a tunnel at this point, but this is a laborious way to say "I'm voting for self-preservation".
Pretty much, yeah. Null at face value, but increasingly suspicious in that Elo continues to not express any desire or care in hunting for baddies.
MP was consistently and clearly supportive of my motions against Elohcin.

How does this influence your read?

A breakdown of Elohcin's treatment of Neil Hartley -- I like this effort. MP wasn't just saying things, he was hammering them home and providing the content that led him there. Nice look.
MovingPictures07 wrote:What I see as most possible of LoRab's behavior is that she could be Elo's teammate, if Elo comes back bad, and wanted to try to get ahead of the suspicion for civilian credit. I don't want to get too ahead of the game though, and my perspective is inevitably influenced by my strong mafia read of Elo, but that's my take on it.
It's never my favorite thing when a bussing accusation precedes the scum flip that makes it possible.

Why? Is this similar to the conversation we had before?

This follows the same frustrating trend I've experienced all game so far with MP -- a bunch of little pings, but nothing conclusively informative. There are lot of judgment calls that need to be made with this interaction.

Does one simply add up all the small pings? Is that the same thing as a big ping? I don't really think so. I think one has to decide which pings and which positives are the most moving, and then go that way. With a gun to my head I call MP town. I acknowledge though that he is known for his propensity for bussing, and I don't think this is content is outside his baddie arsenal.

I realize that bussing is a more comfortable norm for me when I am mafia than defending my teammates, and that I am known for notorious bussing incidents that led my team to victory or failed spectacularly, so I can see I guess why you're so torn about it all. I'm not sure how else I can help. What else can I address or talk to you about?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My head and my gut are locked in a violent conflict over MP.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You sucks.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Let me update my rainbow, then I'll have to leave for a bit again. I'll respond to whatever else you all want me to sometime later tonight, just let me know.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My head and my gut are locked in a violent conflict over MP.
How so?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:You sucks.
Either I fooled you for a while or you're wrong about me now, either way I don't suck mate.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My head and my gut are locked in a violent conflict over MP.
Use your head, whichever way it leans.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by Tangrowth »

Rainbow #5

Sloonei
Quin
MacDougall

LoRab
JaggedJimmyJay

a2thezebra
Dom
indiglo

DrWilgy
insertnamehere
motel room

Glorfindel
sprityo

I have no red reads right now. Ugh.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Let me update my rainbow, then I'll have to leave for a bit again. I'll respond to whatever else you all want me to sometime later tonight, just let me know.
Talk to me about indiglo when you can. I don't think she's a good lynch, at least until she has the opportunity to invest herself and provide us with some meat of her own. You didn't play (I think?), so hopefully you understand, but the Elohcin side of the case against her is reminiscent of when I was lynched in Red vs Blue because Scotty painted me as his teammate. indiglo's lively demeanor went out the window, and I think it's a sign of legitimate frustration from a townie.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
Either I fooled you for a while or you're wrong about me now, either way I don't suck mate.
I swear I didn't make that post. I don't recall making that post at all. Unless I did it unconsciously.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

BBL

Linki w/ Quin: You bet. Will you be around in a few hours perhaps? That's probably when I'll be back.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

a2thezebra wrote:JJJ I think it's safe to say that Mac reads me as bad.

linki - Nope. I go by what pings me, not how everything fits together. Call me kooky call me crazy but I just like to point out what stinks.
That's not how we solve puzzles, you kook. That's how we hang shit and see what sticks.
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
How so?
My head says town and my gut says scum.

I'm going to absorb and think about your responses to the interactive read. You asked me a bunch of questions in there, but I'm going to just leave them alone unless you need answers to affect your own read of me. I don't want to clog the thread with a long back-and-forth of posts at MP/JJJ size.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

motel room wrote:

That's not how we solve puzzles, you kook. That's how we hang shit and see what sticks.
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I swear I didn't make that post. I don't recall making that post at all. Unless I did it unconsciously.
K whatevs
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

All of you get on this tbfh. I have to leave for uni shortly and I want to make up for an almost missed phase.

linki: I'll be leaving in an hour and staying at uni for about 6 hours, so unfortunately not. I'll be phone reading so I'll keep in the loop as best I can.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
How so?
My head says town and my gut says scum.
This is backwards. My head says scum and my gut says town.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

motel room wrote:

Speak for yourself. I never said I was solving puzzles. "See what sticks" is what I'm all about, have you never played a game with me before?

linki @ JJJ - Your head is correct.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We all may remember the continuing trend that He Who Names The Most GTH Town Reads is more likely to be bad.

Technically I'm tied for that award this time, but I'm still looking at you motel room. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:We all may remember the continuing trend that He Who Names The Most GTH Town Reads is more likely to be bad.

Technically I'm tied for that award this time, but I'm still looking at you motel room. :P
On the other hand, if we all remember that continuing trend as you say we do, those of us that are bad can take advantage of it.

Looking at you MP. (though I'm the Most Scum Reads actually)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Let me update my rainbow, then I'll have to leave for a bit again. I'll respond to whatever else you all want me to sometime later tonight, just let me know.
Talk to me about indiglo when you can. I don't think she's a good lynch, at least until she has the opportunity to invest herself and provide us with some meat of her own. You didn't play (I think?), so hopefully you understand, but the Elohcin side of the case against her is reminiscent of when I was lynched in Red vs Blue because Scotty painted me as his teammate. indiglo's lively demeanor went out the window, and I think it's a sign of legitimate frustration from a townie.
I can understand why she might look town at face value. Her frustration appears genuine. I have to decide which of these it is:

1. She's town, and she would rather catch up with the game than deal with accusations.

2. She's bad, and she feels like she's being caught for stupid reasons.

#2 is one of the best scumtells in the game of Mafia, so I won't discard it without a good reason.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:We all may remember the continuing trend that He Who Names The Most GTH Town Reads is more likely to be bad.

I do not remember this trend. Results may be skewed if it's already a "trend".
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:

I do not remember this trend. Results may be skewed if it's already a "trend".
I don't have the true stats in front of me, but I've probably done 15 GTHs like that and that has proven true over half the time (which is more often than randomness would dictate).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I find it interesting that you GTH read me town Jimmy since not so long ago I was a dark orange skittle.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I didn't expect INH to sweep the baddie reads. That's interesting. He has fallen from grace more than perhaps anyone else.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:I find it interesting that you GTH read me town Jimmy since not so long ago I was a dark orange skittle.
Consistency can fuck itself. I don't care.

It should be noted though that the rainbow list was the result of extensive analysis -- head stuff.

GTH reads are all about gut stuff. Sometimes there are differences.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I find it interesting that you GTH read me town Jimmy since not so long ago I was a dark orange skittle.

It should be noted though that the rainbow list was the result of extensive analysis -- head stuff.

In your experience, which is more reliable for you - head stuff or gut stuff?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Historically probably head stuff. Gut stuff has made a resurgence in recent memory -- I used to ignore it completely and that's no longer true. But I still probably do better with the head stuff.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Historically probably head stuff. Gut stuff has made a resurgence in recent memory -- I used to ignore it completely and that's no longer true. But I still probably do better with the head stuff.
Therefore, MP is bad.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Therefore, MP is bad.
I wish my head was that good.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Shit. I need to say something suspicious, too many people think I'm civ and that makes me uncomfortable, lol. Also, Mac and I are civ reading each other? That's just effed up. That said, Sloonei and INH haven't been around to rouse suspicion of me, so I should be ok.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:LoRab, I have two questions for you:

1. Which two players do you think are least likely to be bad?

2. Which two players do you think are most likely to be bad?
1. You and Motel Room--You because I'm tending to agree with you on your content and I think your thinking makes more sense from a civ perspective than a bad one. Him because his vote in the last lynch would be strategically a bad choice, and I find it highly unlikely that a member of the mafia would do that and give their teammate what could potentially be the deciding vote. Glorf is probably tied with Motel Room because I don't think it is all that likely that Elo would have not known that a teammate hadn't been replaced.

2. Number one is definitely INH. The second slot is harder for me. Indiglo, Dom, Sprityo (whom I haven't mentioned before, but have appreciated the posts and insight about--I don't think I've played with them before--maybe 1 game, but I don't remember--so I don't know how to read them at all), and Wilgy are all in the running.

Maybe I'll try the whole rainbow list thing.
motel room wrote:
Yeah I think so. I think you're good. Early on I wasn't sure cos you said a couple things that irked me and I pointed them out but (and I know this isn't PC Principal) when I saw you weren't male they looked more genuine to me and I started to see you in a different light.

With this, if you were bad you can't outright say you're bad here obvs but having this line of thinking sets me up as a potential scapegoat and I think you'd be more waffly about me and my intentions about my vote.

So, cool, nice brain.
It's not non-PC at all, to me at least. It totally makes sense--men and women tend to behave and speak differently, and it's only fair to use that as a factor in reading posts.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Therefore, MP is bad.
I wish my head was that good.
:disappoint:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote::disappoint:
I feel the same way. I don't like being WaffleJimmyJay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote::disappoint:
I feel the same way. I don't like being WaffleJimmyJay.
This ain't Waffle House boi
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
I can understand why she might look town at face value. Her frustration appears genuine. I have to decide which of these it is:

1. She's town, and she would rather catch up with the game than deal with accusations.

2. She's bad, and she feels like she's being caught for stupid reasons.

#2 is one of the best scumtells in the game of Mafia, so I won't discard it without a good reason.
Nor should you.
ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

a2thezebra wrote:
motel room wrote:

Speak for yourself. I never said I was solving puzzles. "See what sticks" is what I'm all about, have you never played a game with me before?

linki @ JJJ - Your head is correct.
I still don't like this. Seeing what sticks is scum mentality. And you know I've played many games with you before.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”