LittleTiger
38%
Mongoose
25%
Roxy
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Your Little Brother (The Host, The Mod, The Non)
38%

Total votes: 8
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 172

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Endgame]

Post by Epignosis »

LittleTiger wrote:We had no chance of winning,
I disagree. ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Bullzeye »

By the way, something I noticed a long time ago but didn't bring up for obvious reasons is that there were four confirmed civs for most of the game. When Snow got lynched instead of Lizzy despite having way less votes all the baddies were goombas (except Bowser obv.) which meant that everyone who voted for Snow had a vote that counted. Llama was giant king so his counted for 4 but his fellow voters were all civs and if I'd been a civ myself I'd have mentioned that.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 69

Post by S~V~S »

Yay civvies :D

Sorry I kept getting all paranoid on you Mongoose, you too, Elo. Did you have info? After you died, I realized you were acting like a civ who was trying to make a case on someone they KNEW was bad.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 43

Post by LittleTiger »

Epignosis wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:We had no chance of winning,
I disagree. ;)
Well, there were maybe a couple of times where we could have gotten the upper hand, but we were thwarted by silly civvies. The last few mafia days, we knew we weren't going to win... but like I said, we played to the end and loved it!
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:By the way, something I noticed a long time ago but didn't bring up for obvious reasons is that there were four confirmed civs for most of the game. When Snow got lynched instead of Lizzy despite having way less votes all the baddies were goombas (except Bowser obv.) which meant that everyone who voted for Snow had a vote that counted. Llama was giant king so his counted for 4 but his fellow voters were all civs and if I'd been a civ myself I'd have mentioned that.
I think Vomp was trying to insinuate this, but I think we were all very wary of too much role hinting after admonishments in other games. That's a really good observation, Bullz.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I think the bad guys did a hell of a job running the civs this way and that.

To the bad team:

1. Knowing the win condition, I would have thrown one or two people under the bus early for easy civ cred.

2. I would NOT have bought water roles. Those EASILY out bad guys. That's how Bullz and Russ showed their hand.

As a host:

I thought I was wrong in making ties no lynch, but then I thought, "Lynches are the province of the civs," so they should have control over it, so I kept ties at no lynch.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:By the way, something I noticed a long time ago but didn't bring up for obvious reasons is that there were four confirmed civs for most of the game. When Snow got lynched instead of Lizzy despite having way less votes all the baddies were goombas (except Bowser obv.) which meant that everyone who voted for Snow had a vote that counted. Llama was giant king so his counted for 4 but his fellow voters were all civs and if I'd been a civ myself I'd have mentioned that.
I think Vomp was trying to insinuate this, but I think we were all very wary of too much role hinting after admonishments in other games. That's a really good observation, Bullz.
We figured Llama out in our btsc and his role was revealed to us when we got him lynched. Basically Birdo allowed us to switch a lynch and be the only people who would find out the lynchee's role, but we weren't allowed to vote that day.

Linki: Epi, by the time we got to Water World we already expected not to win because of the big group of civs who trusted each other too much for our liking.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Hedgeowl »

Yeah, BWT. I was so bummed to get so close, but really glad Mongoose kept the eye on the prize and everyone pulled together for the win. Awesome that at least one player got a 1 up in nick of time!

I agree this was a bit harder for mafia to win, but they came really close in the end with those last kills. I liked that there were more conclusive ways to deduce mafia as well this time. Although I was pretty sure russ or bullz was bad the moment Nev died.

Super fun game Rob! Sorry I cant follow any of your instructions.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Roles haven't been revealed yet so I want to make a couple of guesses...

Mongoose - Grass King
SVS - Pipe King? (based on day zero stuff)
Roxy - Air King

Hedge - I knew our killing Nev had outed me to you, but I was hoping you'd think it was just a coincidence :p
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:Roles haven't been revealed yet so I want to make a couple of guesses...

Mongoose - Grass King
Roxy - Air King

Hedge - I knew our killing Nev had outed me to you, but I was hoping you'd think it was just a coincidence :p
Yeah, I waited for the sake of our old team and to see if it was more than coincidence, but just confirmed it more for me.

I doubted Russ for a sec there, when he got all mad at me and then SVS too. Changed my avatar, thought I was coming off angry, then I thought, wait a sec! Russ is a big bad baddie!

Epi - It would have been even better if I had won too based on my role I think. :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 40

Post by thellama73 »

Oh, I was wondering how I got killed. Being the Giant King was actuallly something of a curse, as I either had to go along with the majority each time or risk being outed. It didn't help that I was awful at spotting addies this game and felt really bad when I was solely responsible for killing good people.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Birdo let the bad team switch the lynch if NONE of them voted. Also, only they would know the role.

I gave bonus coins to the first, third, and sixth voters in the Day poll (in keeping with the fireworks of SMB1).
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:Roles haven't been revealed yet so I want to make a couple of guesses...

Mongoose - Grass King
Roxy - Air King

I was indeed grass! I thought SVS was Pipe also from voting.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Who were you, Lizzy darling?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Epignosis wrote:I think the bad guys did a hell of a job running the civs this way and that.

To the bad team:

1. Knowing the win condition, I would have thrown one or two people under the bus early for easy civ cred.

Except the ONLY real power we had was our numbers - for getting civvies lynched, for getting coins, for getting roles, for votes when we could afford roles.

2. I would NOT have bought water roles. Those EASILY out bad guys. That's how Bullz and Russ showed their hand.

Then why were they roles? :| As Bullz said, by that time, we knew we were not going to win, so our objective became to take out as many civs as we could before the end of the game. Given they had a vote power of 4 and we were only in Water Land one time... what else were we supposed to do with them?

As a host:

I thought I was wrong in making ties no lynch, but then I thought, "Lynches are the province of the civs," so they should have control over it, so I kept ties at no lynch.
The game would have been long over if ties had resulted in a lynch - I liked the tied lynch = no lynch :D
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Warp Zone]

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:The Shoppe

++++

Suits
Must be won!

Hammer Bros.
Block a person and be protected.

Frog Suit
Votes slip off you and go to the person you voted.

Tanooki Suit
Be a statue (protected) and then fly away (be off the lynch poll).

++++

Other Items
Must be earned!

Musical Box
Silence a person

Hammer
Block a person

Lakitu’s Cloud
See the roles

Goomba’s Shoe
Be protected from Piranha Plans (won by getting the lowest haul from Grass Land)

Warp Whistle
(Won from Desert Land) *Didn't come into play

Anchor
Stop any player from getting coins in a Night game. From Water Land.

Turnip
Stop a player from voting (Earned as consolation prize in Giant Land)

P-Wing
Be off the poll. From Air Land.

Switch Block
Turn coins into bricks. From Ice land (The winner of this one was dead and couldn't use it).

Potion
SUB-CON
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote:Yay civvies :D

Sorry I kept getting all paranoid on you Mongoose, you too, Elo. Did you have info? After you died, I realized you were acting like a civ who was trying to make a case on someone they KNEW was bad.
I had no secret info, but I had a deep gut feeling LT was bad by the way she was acting. MP was sticking up for her behavior and telling me I had no clue what I was talking about. When he turned out baddie, I was pretty sure my gut was right all along.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Elohcin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Yay civvies :D

I had no secret info, but I had a deep gut feeling LT was bad by the way she was acting. MP was sticking up for her behavior and telling me I had no clue what I was talking about. When he turned out baddie, I was pretty sure my gut was right all along.
Just so you know, I really didn't have the time to be here at the time I said it and I really wouldn't have signed up to a 24hr game if I had known it was 24hrs... I also didn't read the game before I signed up. I wasn't lying.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LittleTiger wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I think the bad guys did a hell of a job running the civs this way and that.

To the bad team:

Except the ONLY real power we had was our numbers - for getting civvies lynched, for getting coins, for getting roles, for votes when we could afford roles.

Then why were they roles? :| As Bullz said, by that time, we knew we were not going to win, so our objective became to take out as many civs as we could before the end of the game. Given they had a vote power of 4 and we were only in Water Land one time... what else were we supposed to do with them?

As a host:

The game would have been long over if ties had resulted in a lynch - I liked the tied lynch = no lynch :D
1. That is false. Your army was Goomba.s No power in numbers. I planned it that way. You got coins whether you were dead or alive. Anyone did. That's why I loved my game. +Dead people got to play.

2. They were roles to see what you would do. I would NEVER have used such roles. They out you. Is it not ironic that a civ group feared going to Water Land, left it for last, and that's how Bullz and Russti showed themselves?
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Well, we had fun anyway. :D

See you all in the next game!
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

What game is next? The hosting thread says Roxy's Rolling Stones game, but Roxy is in sick land!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I'd like to thank The Academy for my first win. Id like to apologize to all those I erroneously Goomba'd.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:

To the bad team:

As a host:

1. That is false. Your army was Goomba.s No power in numbers. I planned it that way. You got coins whether you were dead or alive. Anyone did. That's why I loved my game. +Dead people got to play.

2. They were roles to see what you would do. I would NEVER have used such roles. They out you. Is it not ironic that a civ group feared going to Water Land, left it for last, and that's how Bullz and Russti showed themselves?
Epi, first of all thanks for a great game. The concept was terrific, and I had a great time in BTSC. I do agree with LT that the odds were very much stacked against us, and we did choose the water roles only to take out civs because we had given up hope. They were already hard on our trails, and we just wanted to take down as many as we could. Otherwise you're absolutely right, the water roles would have been a terrible idea.

I think by far the biggest problem for us with this game was too many outed players. Besides the water roles, some of our possible roles were automatic outs (like Podoboo) and others were bound to show over time (eg Boo and Goombas), unless we ALWAYS voted with the majority, which would've taken some seriously acrobatic explanations. More importantly, though, there were lots of civs that outed themselves. Llama's wasn't his fault because of his role, but Vomps, Hedge, and I think one or two others proved their civvieness by talking about items they had won or bought, which we had no chance at. This was a HUGE problem for us, because it made them unlynchable and gave all civvies players they could automatically trust and follow. Our kills were so expensive that we usually had to wait multiple days to kill a confirmed civ. I think either allowing us to compete for items or banning discussion of items won or bought could have made the game much more even.

I also think our roles were somewhat unresponsive to changing game conditions. We often purchased roles with a specific strategic goal in mind, and purchasing one night, waiting to see if votes played out so that we could use the role, and then using it the next night often didn't allow us to accomplish those goals. Boo and lynch-related kill roles are a great example. I think at one point w bought a Boo for a player with no suspicion on them, and the next day they got discussed in the thread and were voted. I'm not sure exactly how you could've tweaked the game in that specific instance, but it really hamstrung us when we needed coins so badly. Credit to the civs there as well. The fact that they saved discussions for the day time and didn't give any indication of their plans at night really hampered our planning, and it was good strategy by them.

I hope you take those points only as constructive criticism. As I said, I had an awesome time in the game, I thought you did a great job building a very imaginative concept, and I'm very thankful that you hosted it. I don't begrudge the winners at all, I just wanted to say that I agree with LT that our chances to win were very small from the beginning.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh, and Hedge, it was good logic to think that we killed Nev because of Bioshock, but it wasn't true. He basically said he was sure I was a civ on Day 2 or 3, and we killed him to shut him up. It actually never even occurred to me that my GIANT POSTS would be considered a role hint, and I'd have done it no matter what my role was, so I was shocked he took it that way.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Russtifinko wrote:Oh, and Hedge, it was good logic to think that we killed Nev because of Bioshock, but it wasn't true. He basically said he was sure I was a civ on Day 2 or 3, and we killed him to shut him up. It actually never even occurred to me that my GIANT POSTS would be considered a role hint, and I'd have done it no matter what my role was, so I was shocked he took it that way.
Oh wow! Well it was still a somewhat gratifying coincidence I must say. :feb:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

So who were Mario & Luigi?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:So who were Mario & Luigi?
I was both of them.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
I was both of them.
Oh okay.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I was both of them.
Oh okay.
I was Mario, but haven't figured out Luigi. Was super bummed when we lynched Snow as the Princess, but took me a while to realize cause I read him as Toad first.

Epi-where was the key hidden?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Snow Dog »

BWT was luigi. I had BTSC with him
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

When Boo was around no one made sure that most people got at least one vote. Due to this oversight Boo stole all my coins, about 80 I think. I was then out of the game forever. Thanks guys. I saw it coming and obviously you didn't.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:When Boo was around no one made sure that most people got at least one vote. Due to this oversight Boo stole all my coins, about 80 I think. I was then out of the game forever. Thanks guys. I saw it coming and obviously you didn't.
It was around 60 IIRC, but if it makes you feel any better that's about the only time our plans actually worked and even then it almost didn't. Russti was Boo that day, and Hedge said in the thread she was voting for him but apparently didn't in the poll so we still got to rob someone. We chose you because you'd won that vote contest thing so probably had the most out of anyone but us. Most of our plans got screwed up by those meddling civs.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Lizzy »

Congrats! :yay: Nicely played everyone, although I must admit I wanted most of you dead! :p Shame on you for depriving the Water King of visiting his (my) kingdom! :WTF:

:wine:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:When Boo was around no one made sure that most people got at least one vote. Due to this oversight Boo stole all my coins, about 80 I think. I was then out of the game forever. Thanks guys. I saw it coming and obviously you didn't.
It was around 60 IIRC, but if it makes you feel any better that's about the only time our plans actually worked and even then it almost didn't. Russti was Boo that day, and Hedge said in the thread she was voting for him but apparently didn't in the poll so we still got to rob someone. We chose you because you'd won that vote contest thing so probably had the most out of anyone but us. Most of our plans got screwed up by those meddling civs.
My bad. I left the thread forgetting to click the vote button, but thought ai had voted russti. Epi was kind enough to remind me I missed the vote and took 10 of my coins. we did really try to spread the vote around for that reason, but I was worried that Snow had quite a lot of coins at that point.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

So that leaves the Dark king to be...Nev?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
My bad. I left the thread forgetting to click the vote button, but thought ai had voted russti. Epi was kind enough to remind me I missed the vote and took 10 of my coins. we did really try to spread the vote around for that reason, but I was worried that Snow had quite a lot of coins at that point.
Hedge....that missed vote finished my game. :sigh:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Couldn't you have carried on trying to earn coins though? If you'd done a few of the Sub-Cons and mini-games you'd probably have got enough quickly.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Snow Dog wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Hedge....that missed vote finished my game. :sigh:
:rip: :daisy:

I had 60 coins at the end of the game, but it was hard to get to 100 without playing every game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:Couldn't you have carried on trying to earn coins though? If you'd done a few of the Sub-Cons and mini-games you'd probably have got enough quickly.
I did. I got about 14 coins now. I could never regain that loss. Ever.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Day 11]

Post by Draconus »

Epignosis wrote:LittleTiger was lynched. She was Bowser.

Mongoose, Roxy, S~V~S, and Elohcin are winners!
Congratulations!!! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Thanks, Dev, congrats to you too! You played a great game in Bioshock and deserved that win.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Bullzeye wrote:
Actually Hedge, I remember seeing your vote by my name. There's no record of it now, but I still believe you did vote me and somehow it got lost when Epi transferred it to the Polls thread. So it's at least possible you didn't mess up.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Awesome game, Robert! Very unique. I agree it was very difficult for us to win this one, but I also agree we made some tactical errors for sure. I'm sorry to my team I wasn't more involved; I just wasn't feeling fully myself this game and the 24 hour days made it really difficult for me.

Congrats to the winners!!

thellama73 wrote:What game is next? The hosting thread says Roxy's Rolling Stones game, but Roxy is in sick land!
No worries, I'm on this.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:
Epi, first of all thanks for a great game. The concept was terrific, and I had a great time in BTSC. I do agree with LT that the odds were very much stacked against us, and we did choose the water roles only to take out civs because we had given up hope. They were already hard on our trails, and we just wanted to take down as many as we could. Otherwise you're absolutely right, the water roles would have been a terrible idea.

I think by far the biggest problem for us with this game was too many outed players. Besides the water roles, some of our possible roles were automatic outs (like Podoboo) and others were bound to show over time (eg Boo and Goombas), unless we ALWAYS voted with the majority, which would've taken some seriously acrobatic explanations. More importantly, though, there were lots of civs that outed themselves. Llama's wasn't his fault because of his role, but Vomps, Hedge, and I think one or two others proved their civvieness by talking about items they had won or bought, which we had no chance at. This was a HUGE problem for us, because it made them unlynchable and gave all civvies players they could automatically trust and follow. Our kills were so expensive that we usually had to wait multiple days to kill a confirmed civ. I think either allowing us to compete for items or banning discussion of items won or bought could have made the game much more even.

I also think our roles were somewhat unresponsive to changing game conditions. We often purchased roles with a specific strategic goal in mind, and purchasing one night, waiting to see if votes played out so that we could use the role, and then using it the next night often didn't allow us to accomplish those goals. Boo and lynch-related kill roles are a great example. I think at one point w bought a Boo for a player with no suspicion on them, and the next day they got discussed in the thread and were voted. I'm not sure exactly how you could've tweaked the game in that specific instance, but it really hamstrung us when we needed coins so badly. Credit to the civs there as well. The fact that they saved discussions for the day time and didn't give any indication of their plans at night really hampered our planning, and it was good strategy by them.

I hope you take those points only as constructive criticism. As I said, I had an awesome time in the game, I thought you did a great job building a very imaginative concept, and I'm very thankful that you hosted it. I don't begrudge the winners at all, I just wanted to say that I agree with LT that our chances to win were very small from the beginning.
I agree with you regarding the discussion of items and such. When I allowed it, I figured bad guys would lie about items to look civ. I was surprised that there wasn't a push to persuade the civs that in Water Land one of you spent all his coins on fire flowers, or LT to say that she spent coins on mushrooms, etc. The reason I didn't permit the purchasing of items for bad guys was some criticism I got from other players regarding MOTU: That civs should generally control the lynch. Surprisingly, very few people bought flowers or mushrooms.

You're right about Podoboo. I had originally set the Podoboo to kill at Night and the Bullet Bill to kill during the Day (thus preventing the latter from being role blocked). I wish I had gone with that plan instead.

I want to thank everyone who played, especially the LT, Bullz, MP and Russ, for playing out an unusual and perhaps frustrating experience. I really thought you were going to pull it off.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I was both of them.
Oh okay.
I was Mario, but haven't figured out Luigi. Was super bummed when we lynched Snow as the Princess, but took me a while to realize cause I read him as Toad first.

Epi-where was the key hidden?
Key? If you mean the letter, it was in Water Land- the last place visited. The letter went wherever Bowser (LT) voted Day 0.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The player / role list is updated in full:

Players

agleaminranks - Lynched Day 1. Desert King
birdwithteeth11 - Killed by Bowser Night 10. Luigi
Bullzeye - Lynched Day 10. Piranha Plant
Elohcin - Lynched Day 5. Toad. 1UP on Day 11.
Hedgeowl - Killed Day 10. Mario
LittleTiger - Lynched Day 11. Bowser
Lizzy - Killed Day 7. Water King
Mongoose - Grass King
MovingPictures07 Lynched Day 6. Bullet Bill
Nevinera - Killed by Bowser on Night 2. Dark King
Roxy - Air King
Russtifinko - Lynched Day 9. Little Goomba
Snow Dog - Lynched Day 2. Princess Toadstool
S~V~S - Pipe King
thellama73 - ???. Lynched Day 4. Giant King
Vompatti - Lynched Day 8. Ice King.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:I agree with you regarding the discussion of items and such. When I allowed it, I figured bad guys would lie about items to look civ. I was surprised that there wasn't a push to persuade the civs that in Water Land one of you spent all his coins on fire flowers, or LT to say that she spent coins on mushrooms, etc. The reason I didn't permit the purchasing of items for bad guys was some criticism I got from other players regarding MOTU: That civs should generally control the lynch. Surprisingly, very few people bought flowers or mushrooms.
Hmm, I don't necessarily agree with your past critics there. The lynch should belong to the strongest players IMO, whether bad or good whoever is doing the best should be in command. This is of course completely subjective. If we'd been allowed to buy items we probably wouldn't have bought many anyway tbh, just the odd mushroom every now and then. We'd have saved most of our cash for roles like sensible baddies. I think if a baddie team wants to waste all their money on things that will only help a little then that's their mistake to make. I am actually surprised we didn't lie about items at all pretty much, except for one time I mentioned having bought a mushroom which clearly wasn't true.
I want to thank everyone who played, especially the LT, Bullz, MP and Russ, for playing out an unusual and perhaps frustrating experience. I really thought you were going to pull it off.
You're welcome, we all really enjoyed it. I honestly think most of our failures had nothing to do with you or the way you set up the game. Our first big loss was MP being frozen and then lynched while a bullet bill. If neither of those things had happened we'd have been far better off. Then there was the tied lynch between BWT and myself. If it weren't for that then we'd have won in water world I think (based on presumable numbers) or at least won shortly after. I personally remained optimistic about our chances up until the tied lynch and regularly pointed out ways we could still win. Honestly we could've even had the game right at the end if Elo hadn't come back and SVS had trusted LT.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose wrote:Thanks, Dev, congrats to you too! You played a great game in Bioshock and deserved that win.
Thank you, Mongoose!! :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

Bullzeye wrote:
You're welcome, we all really enjoyed it. I honestly think most of our failures had nothing to do with you or the way you set up the game. Our first big loss was MP being frozen and then lynched while a bullet bill. If neither of those things had happened we'd have been far better off. Then there was the tied lynch between BWT and myself. If it weren't for that then we'd have won in water world I think (based on presumable numbers) or at least won shortly after. I personally remained optimistic about our chances up until the tied lynch and regularly pointed out ways we could still win. Honestly we could've even had the game right at the end if Elo hadn't come back and SVS had trusted LT.
From the beginning, I thought that among the baddies were Roxy, Rusti, and LT. So, if the game had played out differently, I could have been convinced that Roxy was the last baddie, but LT was already under so much suspicion.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Elohcin wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
From the beginning, I thought that among the baddies were Roxy, Rusti, and LT. So, if the game had played out differently, I could have been convinced that Roxy was the last baddie, but LT was already under so much suspicion.
If only things had been different! It wasn't you specifically coming back that got us though but the fact that a civ came back at all. My last minute hope was that if it remained 4 players SVS and LT would both vote Mongoose. Then LT would hopefully be able to NK SVS but if not it would just force a stalemate as Roxy wasn't around. Too many civs spoil the baddie broth :p

Return to “Previous Side Missions”