Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 150

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 1]

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Now while I was skimming at work I feel like I saw someone attack my friend the good Doctor Wiley and I remember disliking it; going to see if I can't find that before I post reads.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 91

Post by MacDougall »

Jimmy you aren't allowed to be MoD AND play with an assumed identity.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 0]

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Epignosis wrote:People are accusing one another already?

It's an island. We have rum. Sit back. Relax.

Put your toes in the sand.

Have a drink in your hand.

All you need is a

BEAUTIFUL GIRL.
Also found this - this seems like an odd approach for a baddie who would be waiting to sit back and relax and wait for the town to eat itself alive. Not something I'd enjoy as much later game, but early in the game it makes me happy.
Long Con wrote:Hello, I did check my role PM before I came here.
Scotty wrote:Man, I would hate to be on your team if I were bad. :shifty:
Yeah, Wilgy is already suspicious to me.
DrWilgy wrote:Yeah, I've decided that being blind will be my meme play this game.
Indeed. :eye:
Golden wrote:Voted melee island - that's always where the adventure starts. You can't cut right to the third act.
Good point. Same-same.
Found it!
Long Con, why is Wigly suspicious for not checking their role PM?
I don't think actions get more neutral than "not checking role PM" unless somehow you think that he's scum trying to buy himself a free pass by saying he's not checking his role PM which seems just a touch conspiracy theory to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Just a little over 24 hours remaining and we've had hardly any on-topic discussion. Let's change that.

Mac, tell me why Epi is bad.
LC, what did you gain from your role analysis?
Everyone else, do you have any thoughts on anyone's alignment so far for even weak reasons/pings? If so, what are they?
Just a gut ping. Which are usually right.

You are also pinging me so your invitation is declined.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nachos Grande what you sayin bout that epi post?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MacDougall wrote:Nachos Grande what you sayin bout that epi post?
I liked it. Gut read.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Do you have any gut pings beyond moving-scum, Epi-scum?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Just a little over 24 hours remaining and we've had hardly any on-topic discussion. Let's change that.

Everyone else, do you have any thoughts on anyone's alignment so far for even weak reasons/pings? If so, what are they?
Epi is always bad. Even when he's good.
Lol well that is true. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nacho stepping it up! I dig it. I'll throw what comments I have on his observations momentarily.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:Jimmy you aren't allowed to be MoD AND play with an assumed identity.
:haha:

:clap:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:

Just a gut ping. Which are usually right.

You are also pinging me so your invitation is declined.
Damn. :sigh:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm not sure "gut read" is sufficient for me, Nacho, can you at all elaborate on any of those assessments? What about those posts in which you declared gut reads specifically made you feel good/bad about them?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Regarding Nacho's first mega-post:
Spoiler: show
Nachomamma8 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Let's go to Melee Island, where we can play a more awesome video game called Super Smash Bros. Melee. :srsnod:
Only if you let me wave shine you into upsmash.

Hello everyone. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a smash player.

I have not checked my role nor do I plan to. I will, however, assist townies in their plight.
This seems like a boring approach to take; don't necessarily mean to be offensive, but the main reason I see for players deciding not to check their role PM is because they have weak scum games and they're scared that they will draw scum. Is this your problem as well or do you have ulterior motives?
Vompatti wrote:As for the lynch, are there any volunteers?
There's a lot of fluff happening so far (which I don't mind, just an observation), so it's possible that I'm clinging to anything that seems the slightest bit alignment indicative, but I liked this. I think it's something that baddies would be less likely to do than goodies, but don't have anything backing me up on that except for instinct.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'd volunteer, but I promised myself I wouldn't be lynched Day 1.
And, since I'm explaining gut reads, this reads along the same lines.
I find that "I won't be lynched Day 1!" is more commonly a baddie goal than a goodie one (people are usually more afraid of being lynched instantly when they lack the power of the truth on their side), and generally baddies don't like sharing their goals in thread unless I've stumbled onto a much different meta than I'm used to.
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey Elo, are you bad?
No.

Who are you Nachomamma? Are you new to mafia. Are you a momma? Do you like nachos? I like nachos. :haha: :haha: :haha:
I am Nachomamma! I am Nachomamma8 because when I was younger I was good at Mario Kart and I played it a lot, then there was someone who was named "Nachomamma8" I took their name as vengeance. I am not new to mafia; I'm used to playing on Mafiascum but I've played with JJJ on Mafiauniverse (which is why I was interested in this site in the first place). I am not a mamma; it's unfortunately impossible for me. I do like nachos. Everyone likes Nachos.
Boomslang wrote:Today has been very quiet so far... Not much to go on other than Vomps asking for volunteers. Which is asking people to do the civs' work for them, but in Day 1, I suppose it's just an opening gambit.
Today seems to be quiet because people are afraid to stick their necks out and do things.
If you're uncomfortable with the silence (which I'm assuming you are because otherwise there isn't any real motivation to bring it up), why not do something to change it?
DrWilgy, Metalmarsh89, and Vompatti are the three players here unarguably least afraid to dabble with WIFOM, so take that as you will. Vompatti's approach to the game is perhaps the most unconventional of anyone at this site. Metalmarsh89 has a bad record of getting lynched Day 1 (then again, I've had that to a degree as well). Not sure how that changes your assessment, if at all.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actually Nacho, if you don't mind, would you feel comfortable throwing down an early rainbow of the reads you've developed so far? Maybe we can talk about those individually and go from there.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Regarding Nacho's second mega-post:
Spoiler: show
Nachomamma8 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Haha thanks.

Epignosis is bad. Discuss.
Also a slight townlean for getting the game going, although I'm not sure where this scumlean in particular is coming from.
Quin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Haha thanks.

Epignosis is bad. Discuss.
He's 90 percent fluff at this point. I can't shape a read out of it yet. It's at least interesting from a meta standpoint, though.
Is being this fluffy out of character for him? Do you think that his fluffiness stands out when a majority of players have that same 90 - 10 fluff-nonfluff ratio?
MacDougall wrote:I am turning 30 in under 3 hours.
Congratulations!!!
Long Con wrote:*emerges from the birth canal*

Maybe it's time for me to do some role analysis and then get some votes for it for being "overly helpful".
I liked this post too!!! Don't really have a reason for why and won't pretend like I do, just like how the line talking about how he's going to get voted for his approach sounds; probably good for along the same lines as Metal's "I promised I wouldn't get lynched D1" post.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey Mac, it's clear we are both civilian this game so let's team up. :nicenod:
Why are you reading Mac civillian?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Today has been very quiet so far... Not much to go on other than Vomps asking for volunteers. Which is asking people to do the civs' work for them, but in Day 1, I suppose it's just an opening gambit.
Take your hands off your ears, and maybe you'll hear all the things people have to say.

All the things.
Unless this is a joke I'm not picking up on, it seems like you're implying there's more to pick up on that Boomslang is missing; why not comment on any of it?

Why did it take you so long to get the ball rolling?
It might have been a poor character judgment considering the whole "we've never played together" thing, but I sort of expected you to be an active driving force before this point. I like that you're questioning people for small pings, but why haven't you talked about yours? Why haven't you talked about your Mac civilian read yet?
Snow Dog wrote:Is it possible to earn gold?
Not unless Santa Claus gives you a shovel.
I'm not Quin, but I would say Epi's posts so far seem relatively in character, especially considering his recent busier RL situation. That said, once he joins the off-topic discussion you'll know, and it'll be substantial (typically).

To answer your question as to why I'm reading Mac civilian, it's a very slight read because Mac is a master of his own meta. Nonetheless, I like that he was willing to throw out the observation regarding LC and then tried to get on-topic discussion going on Epignosis as well. It's all in character, and perhaps even lacking the oomph of some more aggressive entrances I've seen by him, but to make a meta read I'd say that actually is more indicative of his town game than not. Pretty shaky read, but it's something anyway.

Can you elaborate more upon why the train of thought specifically in MM and LC's posts (the "I'm trying not to get lynched" or "watch me get lynched for this" sentiment) and why you are town reading it? I don't follow you here. Not that I disagree, just trying to understand.

To answer your question as to why it took me "so long", I don't know. I tend to always have trouble with Day 1s and have been mislynched in the past for generating misleading content; lately I try to take a more inquisitive and cautious approach in the early game until I find something incompatible with a townie mindset, I air that beef, and the player has subsequently provided an unsatisfactory response to that beef. I used to be incredibly aggressive with early game leads and it never seemed to do me any good.

Why did you expect me to be an active driving force?

You're right to question why I'm not talking about mine. I'm still percolating over them, frankly, but when I have a rainbow to throw at you, I'll gladly do so. I'd say you, LC, and Mac would be worthy of some gut town leans at least. I've been at campus multitasking all day while making posts (finally home now), so I haven't had the opportunity to re-read and analyze anything beyond just the initial read through, so that's part of why.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Civllians:

MacDougall - I like that he is the first one who has been aggressive about a real read even if I don't necessarily agree with it (his Epi read). I also thought his response to Moving's "let's work together!" post (I'm not working with you because I think you're scummy) is townie for two reasons; 1) I agree that Moving is sketchy (so bonus points for what I think is a good suspicion), and 2) If Moving is town and Mac is scum, then I don't think that he pushes back on the townread in an aggressive way; I think his approach looks more along the lines of smiling and going "yeah! let's be best friends forever!!!"

Quin - Mostly vibes so far, but I like that he picked up on Elo missing Wigly saying that he wasn't reading his role PM this game and yet attacking Scotty; but more than that, I like that he didn't harp on it too much. To me, that shows that Quin is looking for things that stand out to him as opposed to looking for things that he can push on as scum.

Vompatti - This civilian lean is based almost entirely on the "are there any volunteers for lynch?" line. I'm aware that it was a joke, but asking if there's anyone who wants to die first conveys a certain sense of confidence and I think it's more likely for a civilian to show that sort of confidence versus mafia. This civillian lean is slightly weakened by the Metal questioning; Vompatti, why do you think that Metal is more likely to mention that llama sent him a weird PM as scum as opposed to town? Why do you think it is odd to mention in thread?

MetalMarsh89 - This civillian lean, like the Vompatti one, is based on a single line: the "I promised myself that I wouldn't get lynched D1". I think that this is more commonly a baddie promise than a goodie one but I'm not sure that a baddie expresses it in thread.

Epignosis - I liked his posting early game of "people making accusations? sit back, relax!". I think that most baddies would avoid saying something anti-town like this without any tangible benefit; for one, it seems odd to say that whether a partner is getting accused or a townie is getting accused. If a townie is getting accused, then he's discouraging what could lead to a town mislynch. If a partner is getting accused, then he's tying himself to them pretty prematurely. I also that he as scum might be wary of being questioned on why he's discouraging scumhunting early; maybe he doesn't have foresight like that, maybe this meta is good enough where you don't have to deal with dumb questions like that, but maybe he's not thinking of any of this at all, but I think that's probably why I liked that line.

Baddies

MovingPictures - With Moving talking about how excited he was to get the game moving, I expected more of that excitement to leak out into the thread; I expected him to take a more active role in guiding the game forward and pushing reads. I thought that his post asking a couple people questions and asking about gut reads in general was a step towards that, but I found it odd that he didn't offer his own leans while asking for others to give theirs; to me, it seems like maybe he was pretty okay with the gamestate (which he would be if a baddie, stagnation is fantastic for those on team evil) and wasn't making an honest effort to get it going. I felt better about this post when I started writing this post, but then I saw a couple of his recent posts, and I'm doubting myself, but I'd still like this addressed.

Long Con - Long Con baddie read doesn't have an intense amount of substance; in fact, I liked his early post talking about how he expected to get scumread for his role speculation (if he was afraid of taking heat for it as baddie, I expect he would either not do it in the first place or post it and try to keep a confident face on). I didn't like him calling Wigly a "suspect" for not reading his role PM, though; there isn't really a reason why not reading your role PM is scummy, just boring (since you're not playing towards one win condition or another). Scum motivation for that attack is taking advantage of an easy target early.

If I had the ability to change my vote after making it, I'd probably be voting MovingPictures right now; I don't feel particularly confident in the read, but again, MovingPictures is a player who I expect to be active and fairly transparent so I'd be pretty confident in firming up the read well before the end of the day.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

To elaborate further: I suppose I've enjoyed the fluffy and slow paced nature of the game so far, ironically, since I'm usually one of the folks complaining about that. Last few games I've played got intense and posty pretty quickly, so it was a nice change of pace. I always find myself overanalyzing everything so I've been purposefully trying to 'play loose' before diving into super serious mode, mostly unsuccessfully.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nacho, let me know what else you'd like me to address given my most recent posts. I find it simultaneously amusing and frustrating that I'm already being held to a lofty standard by someone who hasn't even played a game with before. That always happens once people get to know me, and it's annoying. :P
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Regarding Nacho's first mega-post:
DrWilgy, Metalmarsh89, and Vompatti are the three players here unarguably least afraid to dabble with WIFOM, so take that as you will. Vompatti's approach to the game is perhaps the most unconventional of anyone at this site. Metalmarsh89 has a bad record of getting lynched Day 1 (then again, I've had that to a degree as well). Not sure how that changes your assessment, if at all.
I figured as much, re: Wigly. I enjoy players who are willing to use WIFOM to their advantage, who are willing to play mind games; I think that players like that are interesting and typically stronger than players who aren't willing to do things like that. My approach to him currently is to challenge him to read his Role PM and choose a different meme style since he doesn't seem like the player who is afraid to play as scum and since it's a bad move for good players; if you are a good player, you should be able to work towards your win condition while if you don't read your role PM you're not really playing the game, you're just making up a win condition and going with it (hence why weak players who can only play to one win condition are the ones that typically take that path).

With Metalmarsh and Vompatti, I'm less interested in how comfortable they are with WIFOM and more interested in how comfortable they are with playing scum; do they prefer playing scum? Are they effective because they look very pro-civilian or are they effective because they're hard to read in general?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm not sure "gut read" is sufficient for me, Nacho, can you at all elaborate on any of those assessments? What about those posts in which you declared gut reads specifically made you feel good/bad about them?
I've done my best in explaining why I'm leaning the way I am on certain people; if there's anything you need me to elaborate on, let me know and I'll do better. I understand that right now my reasoning might be a little strange since a lot of this is elaborating on "feels town!" but if you can point out what looks weird specifically I can usually reword it to make it clearer.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Regarding Nacho's first mega-post:
I figured as much, re: Wigly. I enjoy players who are willing to use WIFOM to their advantage, who are willing to play mind games; I think that players like that are interesting and typically stronger than players who aren't willing to do things like that. My approach to him currently is to challenge him to read his Role PM and choose a different meme style since he doesn't seem like the player who is afraid to play as scum and since it's a bad move for good players; if you are a good player, you should be able to work towards your win condition while if you don't read your role PM you're not really playing the game, you're just making up a win condition and going with it (hence why weak players who can only play to one win condition are the ones that typically take that path).

With Metalmarsh and Vompatti, I'm less interested in how comfortable they are with WIFOM and more interested in how comfortable they are with playing scum; do they prefer playing scum? Are they effective because they look very pro-civilian or are they effective because they're hard to read in general?
Well, don't expect that from me. I hate playing mind games.

Perhaps Metalmarsh can speak to how comfortable (or not) he is playing scum, but, like me, when he first started playing he rolled a lot of scum roles for a long while and from what I witnessed seem to be exhausted by it. I would guess he prefers to be town. Metalmarsh tends to play more with WIFOM and make gut-based assessments of players to garner reactions earlier in the game. As data becomes available, he can suddenly become a more heavily analytically-driven player later in the game.

I don't think Vompatti gives a shit about anything, so he's inevitably hard to read.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm not sure "gut read" is sufficient for me, Nacho, can you at all elaborate on any of those assessments? What about those posts in which you declared gut reads specifically made you feel good/bad about them?
I've done my best in explaining why I'm leaning the way I am on certain people; if there's anything you need me to elaborate on, let me know and I'll do better. I understand that right now my reasoning might be a little strange since a lot of this is elaborating on "feels town!" but if you can point out what looks weird specifically I can usually reword it to make it clearer.
I appreciate it, thanks. I generally understand where you're at better now; I suppose my only major question remaining on this front is the one I've asked in a prior post (so I'm sure you'll get to it), but it was the train of thought expressed by MM and LC and why it is not only town compatible but town indicative.

I've found especially in the past year or so that I thrive much better at this game when I have another thread leader or multiple other thread leaders to bounce stuff off of, so don't mind me as I try to engage you and others by asking questions.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Vompatti »

I wouldn't mind wine in front of me if you know what I mean.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: To answer your question as to why I'm reading Mac civilian, it's a very slight read because Mac is a master of his own meta. Nonetheless, I like that he was willing to throw out the observation regarding LC and then tried to get on-topic discussion going on Epignosis as well. It's all in character, and perhaps even lacking the oomph of some more aggressive entrances I've seen by him, but to make a meta read I'd say that actually is more indicative of his town game than not. Pretty shaky read, but it's something anyway.

Can you elaborate more upon why the train of thought specifically in MM and LC's posts (the "I'm trying not to get lynched" or "watch me get lynched for this" sentiment) and why you are town reading it? I don't follow you here. Not that I disagree, just trying to understand.

To answer your question as to why it took me "so long", I don't know. I tend to always have trouble with Day 1s and have been mislynched in the past for generating misleading content; lately I try to take a more inquisitive and cautious approach in the early game until I find something incompatible with a townie mindset, I air that beef, and the player has subsequently provided an unsatisfactory response to that beef. I used to be incredibly aggressive with early game leads and it never seemed to do me any good.

Why did you expect me to be an active driving force?

You're right to question why I'm not talking about mine. I'm still percolating over them, frankly, but when I have a rainbow to throw at you, I'll gladly do so. I'd say you, LC, and Mac would be worthy of some gut town leans at least. I've been at campus multitasking all day while making posts (finally home now), so I haven't had the opportunity to re-read and analyze anything beyond just the initial read through, so that's part of why.
I don't remember the LC observation right this second, but I'll check it out shortly. I agree with the Epignosis bit 100%.

Your explanation for tending to be cautious early game makes sense. I expected you to be active in thread based on the excitement that you expressed in the signup thread and your talk about needing a mafia game and having all this free time and then the person who showed up in thread initially didn't seem quite like that; I had a theory that maybe you were very excited about the game and preferred playing town, then rolled scum and got deflated by it; I figured if this was the case, then putting you on the defensive and making it feel like you would have been caught early and maybe you could be the first lynch would make you even more uncomfortable. I didn't mean to frustrate you by holding you to an unreasonable standard; my intent was simply to challenge you early game and get pressure on you early if my theory on you was correct and you were scum.

As for the LC and MM leans, the argument that I laid out for MM was that as scum, he'd be more unlikely to post the "I won't get lynched Day 1!" goal in thread as scum than town. I've found that when I'm scum certain things are more awkward than I would be if they are town; saying that I'm trying not to get lynched today is one of them. This argument holds more water if MM is more uncomfortable as scum than town, doesn't if the reverse is true. This is not an argument I feel particularly strongly about.

I liked LC saying that he would get scumread for doing his role analysis. I think it's an odd thing to fake (couldn't tell you why he would say he was worried about getting scumread for doing role analysis if he wasn't), so I'd say the worry is genuine regardless of alignment. If he was worried about getting scumread for his role analysis as scum, he has the option of not posting it (whereas as town he does it because he thinks it's an advantage to town). If he was worried about getting scumread for his role analysis as scum, I also think he'd be less likely to say it out loud (for the same reasons that I think MM wouldn't worry about getting lynched D1 in thread if scum). Does this make sense?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by motel room »

motel room wrote:Still

Hapy bitthday dickhead
oh ew I dont remember writing this. Happy birthday though.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Vompatti wrote:I wouldn't mind wine in front of me if you know what I mean.
Don't do it, you wind up with five bottles on the grass and a gash in your hand and a hangover at work today.
ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:To elaborate further: I suppose I've enjoyed the fluffy and slow paced nature of the game so far, ironically, since I'm usually one of the folks complaining about that. Last few games I've played got intense and posty pretty quickly, so it was a nice change of pace. I always find myself overanalyzing everything so I've been purposefully trying to 'play loose' before diving into super serious mode, mostly unsuccessfully.
I think it's hard to overanalyze early game, for what it's worth; as town, I find early game to be the most freeing since it's the only time when you can have a strong scumread and be wrong (since you're expected to be wrong so early), whereas if you're right it feels absolutely fantastic (since you're supposed to be right). As the days go on, the pressure mounts and being wrong gets exponentially more frustrating and people are more entrenched in their beliefs so it's more difficult to convince them of things and it's more difficult to pick up on things since you have to let go of the notions you have before doing anything at all.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

motel room wrote:
Don't do it, you wind up with five bottles on the grass and a gash in your hand and a hangover at work today.
At least you didn't fall asleep on the grass!
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Or, worse yet, wake up on someone else's lawn.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yeah, that makes sense, thanks Nacho. :beer:

Regarding being deflated by rolling scum, that would never be the case. :feb: I love rolling scum; I take it as a personal challenge to mimic my town game as much as possible. It was exhausting rolling scum so consistently for a while though, so lately I have preferred getting town roles, but I think I'm finally getting ready again to be scum again soon. Now wasn't the time apparently. And don't worry about frustrating me, I just tend to spend almost every game with what I feel is an insurmountable amount of suspicion and discussion. It accompanies being a talkative player, I suppose. Lol.

I am still really excited about the game; I just always feel awkward on Day 1. I can't stand the uncertainty. I need more information. I feel like I'm too wishy-washy and inaccurate when it comes to emotionally-based assessments of players.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

motel room wrote:
What is this "work" you speak of? :shrug: :wine:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:To elaborate further: I suppose I've enjoyed the fluffy and slow paced nature of the game so far, ironically, since I'm usually one of the folks complaining about that. Last few games I've played got intense and posty pretty quickly, so it was a nice change of pace. I always find myself overanalyzing everything so I've been purposefully trying to 'play loose' before diving into super serious mode, mostly unsuccessfully.
I think it's hard to overanalyze early game, for what it's worth; as town, I find early game to be the most freeing since it's the only time when you can have a strong scumread and be wrong (since you're expected to be wrong so early), whereas if you're right it feels absolutely fantastic (since you're supposed to be right). As the days go on, the pressure mounts and being wrong gets exponentially more frustrating and people are more entrenched in their beliefs so it's more difficult to convince them of things and it's more difficult to pick up on things since you have to let go of the notions you have before doing anything at all.
That's funny, I just feel the opposite. I mean, your perspective entirely makes sense to me, I just always feel the most pressure on me during Day 1, then I feel it generally dissipate as the game continues onward. I feel like there's always a chance for me to be wrong, but at least later in the game I can make a more educated guess, and that makes me feel more at ease. If I can pursue a player for concrete reasons and still be wrong, it's just easier to shrug off, even if it is immensely frustrating or disappointing. I hate having to make uneducated guesses based on little content.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And, while I'm at it: MovingPictures, would you mind elaborating on your LC town lean a little more? I understand there might not be much behind it, but what do you think of him scumreading DrWigly early? It seems to me that DrWigly doing something weird (like not reading his role PM) isn't really unexpected and I don't actually think there's any scum motivation behind not reading your role PM; why don't you think that he's pushing on an easy target early?

If I was able to vote and change my vote, I'd be voting Long Con for those reasons; MovingPictures is a civilian read at this point.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

motel room wrote:
what's your read on long con?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Motel Room is a town read. I don't think Hotel Room would make an appearance if he was Mafia.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MacDougall wrote:Motel Room is a town read. I don't think Hotel Room would make an appearance if he was Mafia.
He doesn't really have any game relevant posts yet. Does he typically replace out when Mafia?
Are you still scumreading MovingPictures?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
motel room wrote:
what's your read on long con?
who
ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Motel Room is a town read. I don't think Hotel Room would make an appearance if he was Mafia.
He doesn't really have any game relevant posts yet. Does he typically replace out when Mafia?
Hotel Room = drunk Motel Room.

And ... not sure on MP. His reaction to being Mafia read at this juncture in previous games needs to be compared to here. His responses seem sincere but I expect he could get away with feigning sincerity in this situation.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry, had to fix some dinner.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry, had to fix some dinner.
Excuses, excuses. :disappoint:

Image Image Image
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I'm here. I'm sick. I'm reading. What's up, guys?
Me neither, except I'll be hydrating with apple juice instead tonight. Sooooooooon the wiiiiiine tho
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:And, while I'm at it: MovingPictures, would you mind elaborating on your LC town lean a little more? I understand there might not be much behind it, but what do you think of him scumreading DrWigly early? It seems to me that DrWigly doing something weird (like not reading his role PM) isn't really unexpected and I don't actually think there's any scum motivation behind not reading your role PM; why don't you think that he's pushing on an easy target early?

If I was able to vote and change my vote, I'd be voting Long Con for those reasons; MovingPictures is a civilian read at this point.
Yeah, there really isn't much behind it, and LC is historically difficult for me to read. LC's post history has seemed genuine to me; I like the way he handled Mac's "you're trying too hard" with "try harder", he handled the accusation well.

You make a good argument as to why Wilgy's not worth scum reading though; that's why I didn't find it worth any read personally. I've been wrong about LC before for what seemed like manufactured or opportunistic early suspicions though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Hotel Room = drunk Motel Room.

And ... not sure on MP. His reaction to being Mafia read at this juncture in previous games needs to be compared to here. His responses seem sincere but I expect he could get away with feigning sincerity in this situation.
I'm not sure that would prove insightful into anything more than how stressed I am in RL, lol, but if you find something intriguing or meaningful in there, by all means.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:I'm here. I'm sick. I'm reading. What's up, guys?
Me neither, except I'll be hydrating with apple juice instead tonight. Sooooooooon the wiiiiiine tho
Hi Blooper!
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MacDougall wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
That seems like a lot of legwork for a D1 read. As it stands, "seeming sincere although there's the possibility he can fake it" is more than good enough for me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nacho, you going to be my town buddy? I miss Jay. :P
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

It looks like I'm your town buddy by default since no one else is around :pout:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Looking back over earlier d0-d1 material and I'm really not finding anything but inconclusive fluff. There's just nothing here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:It looks like I'm your town buddy by default since no one else is around :pout:
:beer:

Return to “Previous Jobs”