Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 61

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 1]

Post by Golden »

Hey Mac - thoughts on the ninja?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 91

Post by MacDougall »

Fuck no idea
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Lol LC have you not played with me before? I used to make gigantic posts all the time and sometimes still do. If you don't like the fact that I posted many small times instead one gigantic one I don't know what to tell you, it's a lot of content either way and over the years I've had people complain about both and not read my posts. I don't need a lecture on that. How about you talk about some of the content within them instead?

Buddying? That's weaksauce my friend. Show me the mafia motivation behind my posts.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Golden »

I feel more clueless than usual for day one - I don't have any active bad reads. My vote is going to a player who I don't think has yet matched my perception of their civ meta.

I feel a bit like a dick doing that because I know how frustrating I find it when I get lynched on day one merely for not posting 150 times! But I have nothing better to go on.

That means, for me, motel room, sig or ninja. I normally get an early town vibe from MR that is lacking here. Sig is waaay too quiet for sig. Ninja's check in was probably before any content developed, but she is adept at using her limited posts well and that's what I'm waiting to see.

I'd wait for the morning if I could, but I can't. So, ninja it is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig, I've provided more reads on players than almost everyone else in the game. If you can't remember my content that's on you, not me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mac, why do you declare sig as a town read? His reads are uninspiring to me.

And Soneji, just wanted to say thanks for the response. My natural inclination is to feel better about you as your reasoning seemed logical and genuine, but I'll mull over it as well.

Won't be back until sometime closer to EOD.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Lol LC have you not played with me before? I used to make gigantic posts all the time and sometimes still do. If you don't like the fact that I posted many small times instead one gigantic one I don't know what to tell you, it's a lot of content either way and over the years I've had people complain about both and not read my posts. I don't need a lecture on that. How about you talk about some of the content within them instead?

Buddying? That's weaksauce my friend. Show me the mafia motivation behind my posts.
I think I prefer lots of smaller posts. Easier to digest. And I think you have been "buddying", but I am not inclined to vote for you for it.
The usual thing has happened at game start. Those who post most, get the most suspicion. Would a player who normally posts a lot change that depending on his alliance? Some might, I don't think Mp would.

LC's post pinged me a little, this one...
Long Con wrote:*emerges from the birth canal*

Maybe it's time for me to do some role analysis and then get some votes for it for being "overly helpful".
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I probably won't be able to check in again before EoD (and don't have much time now so can't catch up on what I missed), but skimming shows no compelling reason not to go with my heart and vote motel room and so that's where I'm going.

Motel Room, for the most part, has felt like he's had time to check in and yet hasn't contributed (as contrasted with others who simply haven't been around or have contributed in the small amount of time they've been around I.e. Long Con & Sig). In particular, we had an exchange where he popped up to say he didn't remember drunk posting yesterday, I asked him his opinion on Long Con, he asked who, I quoted him the ISO, he disappeared without a word and never came back. I know that this case isn't significant in any form whatsoever; the entirety of the read is gut based on him seeming guarded and not being around, but it is the only vote I can make and still honestly expect a baddie flip (while other votes I wouldn't necessarily be surprised with a baddie flip but it certainly wouldn't be something I'd have high hopes in seeing).

Vote: Motel Room
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Lol LC have you not played with me before? I used to make gigantic posts all the time and sometimes still do. If you don't like the fact that I posted many small times instead one gigantic one I don't know what to tell you, it's a lot of content either way and over the years I've had people complain about both and not read my posts. I don't need a lecture on that. How about you talk about some of the content within them instead?

As I said, "either way works". My point was that I don't want to see any alignment attached to large or small post counts, because they can be artificially inflated.

You call my Day 1 vote "weaksauce" as though Day 1 votes are usually supersolid. I don't have time to explain the obvious Mafia motivation behind buddying.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And, for the record, town reads in order:

Moving Pictures, Quin, Metal Marsh, Boomslang, Mac, Long Con, Golden.

Long Con is mostly a town read due to Golden vouching for him and due to stuff I was concerned about earlier being cleared up pretty solidly; I feel good about Boomslang and above (to the point where I would be surprised at a baddie flip). Golden has probably been scumhunting legitimately, but this doesn't mean as much as it would in a game where baddies didn't have the ability to hunt baddies.

If I had the chance to vote twice, I'd also vote Epignosis; I liked the post I outlined earlier but his recent play has also had the floating and unengaged problem and is the reason for his fall from grace.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Long Con wrote:

As I said, "either way works". My point was that I don't want to see any alignment attached to large or small post counts, because they can be artificially inflated.

You call my Day 1 vote "weaksauce" as though Day 1 votes are usually supersolid. I don't have time to explain the obvious Mafia motivation behind buddying.
I don't really buy into buddying as a tell; I have the tendency to be friendly as both alignments and I get frustrated by "buddying" or "pocketing" accusations often enough where I never use them as town.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And if I die before I wake then thanks for the game, I had fun and I look forward to seeing you all in the future.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Okay. Feeling much better this morning, but with much limited time (as in less time), seeing as I'm at work and should be grading a stack of papers :P
MovingPictures07 wrote:Who wants a rainbow? I'll work on one now.
:suspish: You didn't even wait.

Quick and dirty thoughts before I really, really need to get work done:

1) A beautifully quiet day 1, with pretty easy-to-catch-up pages to read.
2) A floofy, fluffy day 1 that makes it hard to get reads, but that's like saying there's smoke all over Asheville - I can mention it all I want, but I still get to deal with what I've got *coughity cough*
3) Nacho reminds me of Sloonei - lots of talk, not afraid to go after people, jumping right in, lots of talk, lots of talk. Oh yeah, kinda like MP :P
4) I don't want to vote for people contributing to the suspicion talk of the game so far today, because I complain (even if only to myself) that people get voted on Days 1 for voicing weird opinions more often than someone lurking and being cautious and not posting much (if anything) of substance. Does that make sense? Anyway, I'm starting the trend with my Days 1 votes, even if I'm the only one following the trend.
5) Who falls into that second category for me today that I notice (or rather, had to look back because I didn't notice many posts)? zebra, Eloh, motel room, Epi, Wilgy, and Vomps. Runner up includes DFaraday, because he did post about mechanics in his second post.
6) I rather liked Soneji's point about, whether or not Wilgy is fucking with us with the not checking his role (I assume the former), it does imply creating chaos which, while fun, is not particularly civ behavior. So now, so I can get back to work like a good employee, I'm voting Wilgy.
Golden wrote:Hey Mac - thoughts on the ninja?
Beautiful tentacles, that one ;) Did you vote me because you wanted to see substance from me, or because the tentacles creep you out?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Monkey Island -- Day 1 -- MP Rainbow #1

Boomslang
Golden
Long Con
Macdougall
Nachomamma8
Quin
Scotty
Snow Dog

a2thezebra
Black Rock
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Elohcin
Epignosis
Metalmarsh89
motel room
nijuukyugou
sig
Vompatti

Soneji

Pretty early rainbow, hence players are not ranked within groups (note that they are alphabetical), and I only have slight town and slight mafia reads. I'll distinguish between varying strengths of my reads as the need arises.

Note to self: review the thread and find some more mafia reads, dammit.

Transistor Day 1: MP was bad.
MovingPictures07 wrote:MP Rainbow List #1

Slight Town:
AllAlongtheBoardwalk
DrumBeats
Elohcin

Null:
a2thezebra
agleaminranks
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Illyria
JaggedJimmyJay
Matt
Nerolunar
nijuukyugou
reywaS
sig
thellama73

Slight Mafia:
nutella

Currently players are NOT ranked within groups by order of suspicion; rather, they are alphabetical.

Too many nulls. Please post more, nulls! So far, reywaS hasn't posted at all, and DFaraday and sig haven't posted yet during Day 1. Did I miss anyone else? Hope to hear from them soon.

I'm town reading AATB due to his contribution to the discussion last night when I pressured him, though I want more. I wasn't sure what to make of DrumBeats but having caught up now I'm seeing his attempts to engage people with this plan as genuinely town-minded, but it's still a slight lean. Elohcin is active and I'm enjoying it; I also am reading her attempts to engage others so far as genuine, and her frustrations displayed a townie mindset. All minor, but they're all worth town reads nonetheless. I think forming town reads, even very slight at this stage, is just as important as identifying mafia leans, perhaps even more so. So I intend on trying to sort through these as the day progresses and hopefully form some more. Please help me out with that, folks! Show me your townie spark.

I don't know what to think of JJJ just yet; I know he's busier right now and in three games so I'll try not to judge him harshly for lack of supatown, but it's inevitable to hold high expectations for him. I've found his light interrogation of me to be a bit peculiar, and I don't really understand where he's coming from at all this game. I'd like to engage with him about this game in real time because we have zero mindmeld going on right now and that's just not right.

I'm OK with Illyria, nijuu, Nero, and Llama's content so far, but it's not enough to make me feel any way about their alignments just yet. I need more.

a2thezebra, DrWilgy, and Matt are all in a similar category to me right now of WTF/???/Null, because they seem to playing outwardly in a way that could be considered anti-town, but I know better about all of them than to believe that such behavior is alignment indicative. I wish zebra would get her head in the game and address some concerns though, and I'd like to see some more from Wilgy and Matt. I don't know what to make of zebra and Matt's votes being cast already, frankly. I could vote for any of these three, maybe, if they fail to contribute anything else during d1 and I don't have any other even remotely confident mafia reads.

I'm really torn on agleaminranks -- I liked his contributions with respect to The Process, and that he was willing to throw out a few town reads (maybe?), but he needs to elaborate there. In contrast, I think it's easy to throw shade on Elo and DB in light of the "proposal", so those two being his only two people he'd consider a vote for at this time concerns me a bit, but to be fair to him he did express pretty limited intention in doing so (in contrast to one other player). I await more posts from him before committing to a read.

That last point brings me to nutella. I think she's brought awesome knowledge with respect to the theme, but with regards to strictly game-related content she was quick to jump on both Elo and DB for DB's proposal, and I see that as potentially convenient. She said there's possible "nefarious" intent in what DB has said; considering he proposes no current plan of action, and understanding his plan as is since he has elaborated, I don't see any such intent. I would like to hear her elucidate this matter; pending her explanation, she could move back up to null. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe she may be taking advantage of easy targets, particularly due to the relative strong diction of her wording:
nutella wrote:OK, I'm back from graduating!! :D and caught up.

Zebra, I have no idea how you got so confused but it's pretty weird that you voted without even looking at the poll time.

Matt's inexplicable naming of Niju as the Process is perplexing and his refusal to explain it is even more so. Matt tends to be zany but I'm keeping an eye on him for this strange behavior.

I think that Drum's alliance proposition is probably a terrible idea and might have nefarious motivations. The Process is just one role/player, so even with its many powers it probably won't be impossible to get rid of, while the Camerata team is a significant threat and more in number for us to take down. I find Drum quite suspicious for the proposal and I also find Elo suspicious for expressing interest in it and then sort of covering her tracks -- although I believe that she wasn't outright agreeing to the plan in the first place but considering it as an option, but it's still kind of surprising that she jumped on it without acknowledging its suspicious nature.

There's still a whole day but it's looking likely I'll want to vote for either Drum or Elo.

linki @ Drum: huh, I don't really understand, you think the mafia can target specific elements? if they can, will we be told a process element has been eliminated? :shrug2: This all seems pretty speculative, and regardless I largely agree with niju that any degree of alliance/trusting the mafia is too risky especially in such a small game.

Aaaand there's a Cell sock account :eek:
Note the contrast between "might be nefarious" and "quite suspicious" for DB and "suspicious" for Elo. I sense a disconnect.

Furthermore, it appears to me that she suspects Elo for agreeing with a plan that she doesn't agree with, but I think Elo's train of thought regarding the matter is transparent, at least from where I'm sitting, and nutella even recognizes this to some degree but still finds Elo suspect.

Moreover, the most suspicious statement is nutella's propensity to feel OK with a vote for either Elo or DB at this point in the day phase, especially not having discussed any other reads (zebra, Matt, me, anyone else). I need to hear from nutella about this ASAP.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms Day 1: MP was bad.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I would be willing to throw out the following slight town GTHs:

Boomslang
Dragon D. Luffy
JaggedJimmyJay
Quin
Turnip Head

Could change at the drop of a hat, but so far I'm feeling OK at what they've brought to this thread so far. Anybody else have some GTHs yet?
Star Wars Day 1: MP was bad.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Day 1 MP rainbow reads list:

MacDougall

bcornett24
Golden

a2thezebra
Bass_the_Clever
Black Rock
Canucklehead
Dragon D. Luffy
Elohcin
Metalmarsh89
sig
Simon
Sorsha

Bubbles
DFaraday
Dom
DrWilgy
Glorfindel
Luke11646
Mishimeals
NANANANANANA_BANANA
nijuukyugou
Roxy
TheFloyd73

Matt F
Russtifinko

Enrique

Players are arranged alphabetically within groups.

I forced myself to avoid neutral (yellow) reads, which was pretty tough considering there are too many players with too little content to analyze at this stage.
Protip: MovingPictures07 is always bad in my games.

Arkham Day 2: MP was good.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Day 2 MP rainbow list:

Scotty

DharmaHelper
Turnip Head
S~V~S
Enrique
bea

Bass_the_Clever
MacDougall
Typhoony
Dom
Golden
Sorsha
sprityo
a2thezebra

Bullzeye
juliets
sabie12
Glorfindel
Metalmarsh89

Lorab
Black Rock
DFaraday
Bubbles
TheFloyd73
Equivocate
sig
Matt

ekeknat
Nerolunar

Well, here are my crap rainbow reads. Forced myself to evaluate everyone, though many of these are subject to change since they're almost entirely tone/gut-based for the time being. Unfortunately, I don't feel like I have any solid leads. Need to start evaluate voting records and opinions more so and revise going forward.

But now it's bed time, and as I stated earlier, I have a pretty busy weekend ahead of me. I'll see what I can do, as I'd like to (mafia is way more enjoyable than most everything else). Until later, folks. :offtobed:
Watchmen Day 3: MP was good.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Here are all of the players that I'm currently considering for my vote, from least to most likely:

G-Man
Metalmarsh89

LoRab

Cookie
Dragon D. Luffy

espers
That was after extensive commentary on every person earlier on.

Looking at other hosts now. :p

Rocky & Bullwinkle Day 2: MP was good.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Day 2 rainbow list:

Sloonei

a2thezebra

S~V~S
Elohcin
Sorsha

bea
sprityo
sabie12

DrWilgy
nijuukyugou
Scotty

Long Con

indiglo
Epignosis
My impression here is that evil MP makes less nuanced first lists than good MP (Star Wars is the obvious outlier). I haven't found one example of a good MP making a three-colored first list.

His first list here falls into the bad MP tendency.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nachomamma8 wrote:If I had the chance to vote twice, I'd also vote Epignosis; I liked the post I outlined earlier but his recent play has also had the floating and unengaged problem and is the reason for his fall from grace.
Hello. I'm Epignosis.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Boomslang »

I find myself agreeing with Nacho's reasoning on Motel Room. Of the three people I called out for not contributing, sig responded with a beefy little post, zebra has been completely quiet, and Motel Room had a chance to contribute after the drunken escapades but didn't. Especially suspicious given Motel's comparatively early Day 0 check-in, which suggests some eagerness to get involved in the game. I'm comfortable with a vote there if nothing else changes.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DrWilgy »

Stop voting for me.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Vompatti »

I'm planning to randomize by throwing an old Soviet coin 10 (ten) times. :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Links to post histories are now available on the Player List on page 1.

Have fun reading one another. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Only here between finishing teaching and a meeting, but I wanted to comment on Epi's analysis of my rainbow lists.

Epi, your analysis is intriguing, but it is myopic and fails to make any meaningful inference about my alignment for the following reasons:

1) You do not explain why my alignment would have any impact on my rainbow list behavior. What's the connection? A conclusion that I am bad because I posted my first rainbow with only slight mafia and town tiers is like saying ice cream causes crime because in the summer ice cream sales increase and crime increases. It may be an association but there is no underlying theory detailing a correlation.

2) You neglect the fact that your sample size is skewed by the fact that I roll scum more often than town.

3) You fail to consider the environment of the thread and whether conditions exist at the times you pulled those rainbow lists that warranted me splitting my reads into further categories.

4) Perhaps most importantly, similarly to 3), you do not consider what stages of the game in terms of "Day ____" those lists are from. That is a much more meaningful indication of how tiered my rainbow lists will be. Note that for every example of a good MP you pulled those rainbows are from Days 2 and 3 after we have had at least one flip and more information by which I can sort my reads. Further, the only outlier is the Star Wars game, and the reason that game is an outlier is due to 3) here. That game's Day 1 was way more chock full of back-and-forths and discussion than this one, especially considering I made my list here with still the rest of today to progress.

So your analysis is bupkis.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Links to post histories are now available on the Player List on page 1.

Have fun reading one another. :)
Crap, I forgot to do these last night, sorry folks. Thanks for doing that, host.

Now I have to go and I'll be occupied until about T minus 1 hour until EoD at the earliest.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

DrWilgy wrote:Stop voting for me.
Vote Motel Room!

I disagree with Epignosis's analysis but I like that it exists and that means maybe Motel Room was the right vote after all!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nachomamma8 wrote:And if I die before I wake then thanks for the game, I had fun and I look forward to seeing you all in the future.

My current rainbow list:
Metalmarsh89
Epignosis

Nachomamma

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Only here between finishing teaching and a meeting, but I wanted to comment on Epi's analysis of my rainbow lists.

Epi, your analysis is intriguing, but it is myopic and fails to make any meaningful inference about my alignment for the following reasons:

1) You do not explain why my alignment would have any impact on my rainbow list behavior. What's the connection? A conclusion that I am bad because I posted my first rainbow with only slight mafia and town tiers is like saying ice cream causes crime because in the summer ice cream sales increase and crime increases. It may be an association but there is no underlying theory detailing a correlation.
You should leave the analogies to Scotty. :meany:

I don't have to explain why your alignment would have any impact on how you make your lists. The why exists between your brain and your keyboard, and I'm not privy to what transpires between the two. My whole intention was to see if any correlation could be made, and that's what I found. It is a difference I believe you would not be aware of right now.
MovingPictures07 wrote:2) You neglect the fact that your sample size is skewed by the fact that I roll scum more often than town.
The sample size is going to be small because I stopped at the point in which such lists started to be a thing. There was no point in me going back to games in 2013 or 2014 when nobody posted them.
MovingPictures07 wrote:3) You fail to consider the environment of the thread and whether conditions exist at the times you pulled those rainbow lists that warranted me splitting my reads into further categories.
How do you know what I considered? All I did was pull your first lists from three games when you were good and three games when you were bad. I hardly commented on them.
MovingPictures07 wrote:4) Perhaps most importantly, similarly to 3), you do not consider what stages of the game in terms of "Day ____" those lists are from. That is a much more meaningful indication of how tiered my rainbow lists will be. Note that for every example of a good MP you pulled those rainbows are from Days 2 and 3 after we have had at least one flip and more information by which I can sort my reads. Further, the only outlier is the Star Wars game, and the reason that game is an outlier is due to 3) here. That game's Day 1 was way more chock full of back-and-forths and discussion than this one, especially considering I made my list here with still the rest of today to progress.
I pulled the very first list I found. I wasn't concerned with what Day it was.

The outlier for Star Wars isn't as important to me because I wanted to find a good MP list that lacked nuance like the one you posted here. I could not find one.
MovingPictures07 wrote:So your analysis is bupkis.
Nachomamma8 wrote:I disagree with Epignosis's analysis but I like that it exists and that means maybe Motel Room was the right vote after all!
It wasn't an analysis. It was an observation. :mafia:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bean dip anyone?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote Motel Room!

I disagree with Epignosis's analysis but I like that it exists and that means maybe Motel Room was the right vote after all!
What' your beef with motel room?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Boomslang »

Well, I've got to get to work. I think MP is trying to make Epi's observation something it's not, but I know MP is prone to that sort of analysis and thus it doesn't ping very bad for me. Voting motel room for the aforementioned reasons; to MM, it's because he signaled engagement with the early check in, seems to have artificially boosted his post count when drunk, and then ducked out when asked to provide some content.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

motel room wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I wouldn't mind wine in front of me if you know what I mean.
Don't do it, you wind up with five bottles on the grass and a gash in your hand and a hangover at work today.
Didn't notice this before. Made me laugh.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote Motel Room!

But I'm still catching up!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

(I'm also on the chopping block in another game and kinda need to dedicate time there too)
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boomslang wrote:Well, I've got to get to work. I think MP is trying to make Epi's observation something it's not, but I know MP is prone to that sort of analysis and thus it doesn't ping very bad for me. Voting motel room for the aforementioned reasons; to MM, it's because he signaled engagement with the early check in, seems to have artificially boosted his post count when drunk, and then ducked out when asked to provide some content.
That's not a bad Day 1 case, but are assumptions being made here? Did he actually duck out and disappear when pressed, or has he just not been around since then?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

DrWilgy wrote:(I'm also on the chopping block in another game and kinda need to dedicate time there too)
Would chopping you off this one help? [stern smile] :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:(I'm also on the chopping block in another game and kinda need to dedicate time there too)
I would hold you, but I don't want to be slicified. :hug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:
What are four (4) reasons to lynch MovingPictures07?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
1. He's bad.
2. He frequently floods the thread with walls of text.
3. He's known to be against randomizing.
4. Other reason: _______

Image Image Image
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

DrWilgy wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote Motel Room!

But I'm still catching up!
All the more reason to put a little faith in someone else.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Well, I've got to get to work. I think MP is trying to make Epi's observation something it's not, but I know MP is prone to that sort of analysis and thus it doesn't ping very bad for me. Voting motel room for the aforementioned reasons; to MM, it's because he signaled engagement with the early check in, seems to have artificially boosted his post count when drunk, and then ducked out when asked to provide some content.
That's not a bad Day 1 case, but are assumptions being made here? Did he actually duck out and disappear when pressed, or has he just not been around since then?
There's good evidence he ducked out; during our exchange, I asked him for a read on LC, he asked who, I linked to LC's ISO, motel room was never seen again. I guess it's possible he got pulled away for something urgent and hasn't been able to pop back in but that's a pretty busy 24 hour period and it wouldn't take that long to make a g2g or brb post when leaving in the middle of an exchange.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
1. He's bad.
2. He frequently floods the thread with walls of text.
3. He's known to be against randomizing.
4. Other reason: _______
There is no such thing as random though, so I can understand his plight.

@nacho, I like your case. If I can get on my computer later before the deadline, I'll take a look at it. Otherwise, I'll probably just pop in and vote for him.

Buuuuut, I'm on my phone now and class is about to begin.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't remember what civ motel room is like, but I hosted him once when he was bad. He started the game strong, but petered out when his teammates started getting lynched.

Anyone got some civ motelmeta?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 43

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:
sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey Mac, it's clear we are both civilian this game so let's team up. :nicenod:
Seems a little early MP. :ponder:

Also up to page six and nobody has mentioned me yet. I'm insulted. :shifty:
I was just about to mention you. I have to vote before I go to bed, and your absence might get my vote unless you give me some reason not to. I know you are busy, but i want your siggish thoughts.
I gave out some, on the more siggish line of thinking I can't shake my ping of Nacho and Mac, my nacho ping is purely a gut read, for Mac I dislike how he cleared motel for being drunk and how he was prodding discussion early on, without giving his own thoughts.
Scotty wrote:I mistakenly thought that BWT was the only one that hadn't posted, and from a cursory glance it looks like sig and zebra haven't even checked in the thread yet.

And dog has even been around apparently, without posting. :ponder:
Dog did check in.
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't remember what civ motel room is like, but I hosted him once when he was bad. He started the game strong, but petered out when his teammates started getting lynched.

Anyone got some civ motelmeta?
Any idea who you will be voting for?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote:
sig wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Also, obligatory finger-pointing at a2zebra, sig, and motel room for either not posting in Day 1 or posting nothing of substance. Sig, I see you lurking. What's on your mind?
That math test wasn't to hard
Roommate is dumb
Shameless is a good show y'all should watch it
Zebra has been quiet (hello pot meet kettle lets both be black together)
Drunken Motel seemed a little weird
I dislike Mac clearing Motel for being drunk, very pingy?
No vibes from LC either way I'll ISO him later
Nacho is posting alot looking good, but I think we should watch him a mafia member becoming a town leader can be devastating
I dislike the vote for Wilgy, this is his normal behavior
Epi is being very fluffy, which is normal but less content then usually.
and I remember very little from MP's posts which is odd since I know he is posting alot, I just can't recall them.

So a few minor pings for MP, Mac, and Motel.

Boom and Quin both look okay so far. \

And I'm off to bed, but I'll be on tomorrow with a few more in depth reads (hopefully) and around to cast my vote. I plan to look over LC, MP, and Mac before voting.
Sig is town guys.
Why am I town?
Golden wrote:I feel more clueless than usual for day one - I don't have any active bad reads. My vote is going to a player who I don't think has yet matched my perception of their civ meta.

I feel a bit like a dick doing that because I know how frustrating I find it when I get lynched on day one merely for not posting 150 times! But I have nothing better to go on.

That means, for me, motel room, sig or ninja. I normally get an early town vibe from MR that is lacking here. Sig is waaay too quiet for sig. Ninja's check in was probably before any content developed, but she is adept at using her limited posts well and that's what I'm waiting to see.

I'd wait for the morning if I could, but I can't. So, ninja it is.
Sig has been busy and he kinda forgot about the game. :shrug:

I find it odd you plan to vote for me for being quieter then usually seems like a good scapegoat vote. :ponder:

MovingPictures07 wrote:sig, I've provided more reads on players than almost everyone else in the game. If you can't remember my content that's on you, not me.
You've provided reads yes, but you've done nothing that sticks out one way or another if that makes sense. So your posting and in my mind I know that you're being active but, from my read over you don't seem to be being helpful.

I find that to be very odd.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I don't want to lynch Wilgy all I'm seeing is his normal meta at this point.
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Well I gotta admit i am not clear at all on who to vote for. It may reluctantly go to a non poster.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Snow Dog wrote:I don't like nachos.
everyone likes nachos :(

Why don't you?
Snow Dog wrote:

I think I prefer lots of smaller posts. Easier to digest. And I think you have been "buddying", but I am not inclined to vote for you for it.
The usual thing has happened at game start. Those who post most, get the most suspicion. Would a player who normally posts a lot change that depending on his alliance? Some might, I don't think Mp would.

Maybe it's time for me to do some role analysis and then get some votes for it for being "overly helpful".
Why does LC ping you?
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I randomized and got MM for being anti-random. :beer:

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

sig wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I don't like nachos.
everyone likes nachos :(

Why don't you?
Snow Dog wrote:

Why does LC ping you?
Nachos are a corn snack. I hate that.

LC seems to be preempting any votes against him. He knows vocal people are a target. He seems to trying to defuse that. not expressing ot veery well but it's only a very mild ping. Not voting for him.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 0]

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Let's go to Melee Island, where we can play a more awesome video game called Super Smash Bros. Melee. :srsnod:
Only if you let me wave shine you into upsmash.

Hello everyone. My name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a smash player.

I have not checked my role nor do I plan to. I will, however, assist townies in their plight.
Okay so this seems to be the post that is getting Wilgy votes, an early day 0 jokey post? I don't like the votes on him at all, it seems to be an easy place to throw your day 1 vote and not take responsibility for faulty logic if he flips civ. Also as someone who has been lynched for day 0 jokey posts I'm naturally agaisnt lynching based off of them.

Epi is acting like Epi, which means nothing alignment wise. I do like his observation about MP though.

Mac hasn't contributed much yet, mainly fluff or one liners. I would like him to explain his town read of me better.

Not enough from LC to have an opinion of him one way or another.

linki: Okay I see your point on LC, I'm not sure if I agree or not though.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

motel room wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
motel room wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I wouldn't mind wine in front of me if you know what I mean.
Don't do it, you wind up with five bottles on the grass and a gash in your hand and a hangover at work today.
what's your read on long con?
who
This is a super weird post by motel room.
:confused2:

Also it is to god damn early to be playing Christmas music, this is what's wrong with our country! Christmas music before Thanksgiving. :srsnod:
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Hey @nacho you conveniently skipped my questions to you. Do you have any response at all to what I said?
sig wrote:I don't want to lynch Wilgy all I'm seeing is his normal meta at this point.
Meta is like a Jackson Pollack painting. Easy to imitate with a cat, a can of paint and a few tequilas. Relying on metas, especially on day 1, is hugely unreliable unless that person is predictable to a T. And Wilgy is fully capable of churning out CHRISTMAS in July.
Snow Dog wrote:Well I gotta admit i am not clear at all on who to vote for. It may reluctantly go to a non poster.
:clap:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”