Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Re: Monkey Island [NIGHT 1]

Post by a2thezebra »

:sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Post by a2thezebra »

:ponder: :confused2: :mad:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DrWilgy »

...And I'm dead in that other game. I guess I can focus on this one now.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm not here for long again, sorry, but I wanted to at least come back and elaborate upon my vote. It is unlike me to further explain that at the time of my vote; RL took precedence though, so I'm not going to apologize for that.

Seeing that I already had 1 vote from LC, that votes were likely to be missed, and knowing that both Epi and sig expressed suspicions of me, my vote was cast somewhat out of self-preservation. I also realize I haven't updated my rainbow formally but Soneji's response put my ease and given my lack of available time I had a bunch of null reads from which to choose to place my vote upon. Only Blooper and motel room had 2 votes, I know I had 1, so I chose between those options and even though I felt equally about MR and Blooper I percolated on Nacho's arguments and felt it the more compelling vote and subsequently I decided to go with motel room.

I have to prepare for teaching tomorrow and then spend some time with my wife, so I won't be back until later tonight or potentially even sometime tomorrow afternoon after teaching.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm not here for long again, sorry, but I wanted to at least come back and elaborate upon my vote. It is unlike me to further explain that at the time of my vote; RL took precedence though, so I'm not going to apologize for that.

Seeing that I already had 1 vote from LC, that votes were likely to be missed, and knowing that both Epi and sig expressed suspicions of me, my vote was cast somewhat out of self-preservation. I also realize I haven't updated my rainbow formally but Soneji's response put my ease and given my lack of available time I had a bunch of null reads from which to choose to place my vote upon. Only Blooper and motel room had 2 votes, I know I had 1, so I chose between those options and even though I felt equally about MR and Blooper I percolated on Nacho's arguments and felt it the more compelling vote and subsequently I decided to go with motel room.

I have to prepare for teaching tomorrow and then spend some time with my wife, so I won't be back until later tonight or potentially even sometime tomorrow afternoon after teaching.
Ok, self preservation. I can understand that. If it wasn't for that factor who would you have voted for?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 61

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 1]

Post by Golden »

nijuukyugou wrote:Beautiful tentacles, that one ;) Did you vote me because you wanted to see substance from me, or because the tentacles creep you out?
Can't it be both?

That was the ninja post I was looking for, though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:It wasn't an analysis. It was an observation. :mafia:
I find your observation somewhat compelling.

Question - is it one you just researched now, or have you been sitting on it waiting for a time it applied?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:I find it odd you plan to vote for me for being quieter then usually seems like a good scapegoat vote. :ponder:
Or a good spacegoat vote!

(Old RM joke - sophie said 'spacegoat' and it stuck).

But I voted ninja not you, in that very post. Was she a good tentacled spacegoat? Do you think it's unfair for me to look for people's town game and, if I don't see it, consider voting them?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Nachomamma8 wrote:if I feel a player is avoiding answering my questions or attacking me or another player through misreps or things that I don't think they believe, I'll pursue them to the ends of the earth but this is mostly because of my own play style; as scum, I use loudness and conviction and genuine sounding posts to cover up misrepping and extended arguments about things that don't matter so when I find that happening with others I can be a little too aggressive, relentless, annoying.
Welcome to the Syndicate, golden 2.0 :haha:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hey zebra. I see you lurking - although maybe you can only post in smilies right now. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the game so far though.

Also, snow, sorry for not buddying you sooner, but it's nice to meet you. Your name comes up a lot, so I'm looking forward to playing with you.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I asked the Salty Sea Dog about LOOM™. RIP motel room.

Did Quin mention who he would have voted for?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Seeing that I already had 1 vote from LC, that votes were likely to be missed, and knowing that both Epi and sig expressed suspicions of me, my vote was cast somewhat out of self-preservation. I also realize I haven't updated my rainbow formally but Soneji's response put my ease and given my lack of available time I had a bunch of null reads from which to choose to place my vote upon. Only Blooper and motel room had 2 votes, I know I had 1, so I chose between those options and even though I felt equally about MR and Blooper I percolated on Nacho's arguments and felt it the more compelling vote and subsequently I decided to go with motel room.
So would you say that you would like to put all responsibility on Nacho?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:This was a very weak reason I'm espacilly eyeing MP and the people who voted for Zebra.

I also find it odd WIlgy missed the vote, if MP does end up being mafia I'd like to look into lynching Wilgy.
Its day 1. What more convincing articles could you have for day 1?

And "the people who voted zebra" are...just me. Can I help you with your eyes?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by motel room »

oh.

Well thats shit. Enjoy the game.
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

a2thezebra wrote::ponder: :confused2: :mad:
:derp:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I looked up LOOM and still don't know what this poll is about. Is it information? Because it sounds like information.

I'm voting to get information from the grizzled peg leg mustache

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 91

Post by MacDougall »

Zebra post more or be obliterated.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 43

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote:
sig wrote:This was a very weak reason I'm espacilly eyeing MP and the people who voted for Zebra.

I also find it odd WIlgy missed the vote, if MP does end up being mafia I'd like to look into lynching Wilgy.

Snow also voted for Zebra you don't seem to be reading clearly. :eye:

MP didn't mention his vote was self preservation when he did the voting though, that just came up after motel flipped. I'm really being pinged by MP right now.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Lol LC have you not played with me before? I used to make gigantic posts all the time and sometimes still do. If you don't like the fact that I posted many small times instead one gigantic one I don't know what to tell you, it's a lot of content either way and over the years I've had people complain about both and not read my posts. I don't need a lecture on that. How about you talk about some of the content within them instead?

Buddying? That's weaksauce my friend. Show me the mafia motivation behind my posts.
As I said, "either way works". My point was that I don't want to see any alignment attached to large or small post counts, because they can be artificially inflated.

You call my Day 1 vote "weaksauce" as though Day 1 votes are usually supersolid. I don't have time to explain the obvious Mafia motivation behind buddying.
Do you feel like anyone so far has been tying anyone's alignment to large or small post counts?

I wasn't asking for any general mafia motivation for buddying, even though I think that motivation is largely unconvincing. I'm asking what specifically you've seen in my behavior that displays a mafia motivation.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Lol LC have you not played with me before? I used to make gigantic posts all the time and sometimes still do. If you don't like the fact that I posted many small times instead one gigantic one I don't know what to tell you, it's a lot of content either way and over the years I've had people complain about both and not read my posts. I don't need a lecture on that. How about you talk about some of the content within them instead?

Buddying? That's weaksauce my friend. Show me the mafia motivation behind my posts.
As I said, "either way works". My point was that I don't want to see any alignment attached to large or small post counts, because they can be artificially inflated.

You call my Day 1 vote "weaksauce" as though Day 1 votes are usually supersolid. I don't have time to explain the obvious Mafia motivation behind buddying.
I don't really buy into buddying as a tell; I have the tendency to be friendly as both alignments and I get frustrated by "buddying" or "pocketing" accusations often enough where I never use them as town.
QFT
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Boomslang wrote:Well, I've got to get to work. I think MP is trying to make Epi's observation something it's not, but I know MP is prone to that sort of analysis and thus it doesn't ping very bad for me. Voting motel room for the aforementioned reasons; to MM, it's because he signaled engagement with the early check in, seems to have artificially boosted his post count when drunk, and then ducked out when asked to provide some content.
What do you mean by making something it's not? His "observation" is dubious at best.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:sig, I've provided more reads on players than almost everyone else in the game. If you can't remember my content that's on you, not me.
You've provided reads yes, but you've done nothing that sticks out one way or another if that makes sense. So your posting and in my mind I know that you're being active but, from my read over you don't seem to be being helpful.

I find that to be very odd.
How does "very odd" or "helpful" translate to "I believe you have a mafia role card"? I'm missing your link.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 43

Post by sig »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:sig, I've provided more reads on players than almost everyone else in the game. If you can't remember my content that's on you, not me.
You've provided reads yes, but you've done nothing that sticks out one way or another if that makes sense. So your posting and in my mind I know that you're being active but, from my read over you don't seem to be being helpful.

How does "very odd" or "helpful" translate to "I believe you have a mafia role card"? I'm missing your link.
If your playing odd or doing strange thing your more likely to be mafia
and town is generally helpful since they want to catch scum. So it translates very nicely.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey Mac, it's clear we are both civilian this game so let's team up. :nicenod:
Why?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry, had to fix some dinner.
Did you break dinner before you fixed it? :ponder:

After rereading MP post I still have the same feeling lots of post, but not alot said if that makes sense?

Also he responded very defensively to both mine and Epis posts.

One last thing I find odd he defends himself from Epi's observation by saying he usually roles scum so they shouldn't count........He is basically saying he is more likely to be mafia and still not really rebutting Epi's point. It just seems like a really weird way to defend oneself.

I've gotta head over to class but I'll be back in time to vote.
I'm looking at Blooper, Soneji, MP, and motel right now.

Blooper/Soneji for their votes on Wilgy

linki: Very true re meta, but lynching based around the fact Wilgy is being Wilgy is bad, since his early meta is usually the same regardless of alignment.

Yeah the mall and the starbucks down here have been playing Christmas stuff since the beginning of November, wayyyyy to early.
You keep repeating that I've been making lots of posts but they aren't "helpful" or contributing much to you. I've been mislynched over this exact accusation many times before, sorry to inform you, and I'd rather you not contribute to that happening again.

Very defensively? What in my posts has been very defensive? And how does that make me mafia? Don't I have plenty of reason to react defensively to what I perceive to be nonsense reasons for attracting suspicion and nearly dying on Day 1 yet again? Can you not see how that would be frustrating?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
sig wrote:

If your playing odd or doing strange thing your more likely to be mafia
and town is generally helpful since they want to catch scum. So it translates very nicely.
Um, no. Those are not true.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:I'm trusting my process and voting MovingPictures07.
Your process is BS and I think you know it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Scotty wrote:Hey @nacho you conveniently skipped my questions to you. Do you have any response at all to what I said?
sig wrote:I don't want to lynch Wilgy all I'm seeing is his normal meta at this point.
Meta is like a Jackson Pollack painting. Easy to imitate with a cat, a can of paint and a few tequilas. Relying on metas, especially on day 1, is hugely unreliable unless that person is predictable to a T. And Wilgy is fully capable of churning out CHRISTMAS in July.
Snow Dog wrote:Well I gotta admit i am not clear at all on who to vote for. It may reluctantly go to a non poster.
:clap:
I'm not sure what you asked me; as stated before, am working and skimming like a motherfucker so I don't get fired over a mafia game.

I don't understand why moving pictures is getting votes. Epignosis's case is that his tier lists are more nuanced as town but expecting a nuanced reads list in this fluff/lurk fest is equivalent to expecting an ocean in the desert.
Happens too often, especially in these full games. I am a magnet for suspicion. It gets old.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:i don't understand this motel room vote. He's has posted drunk most of the time and he didn't come back after a question. That's it! (better than nothing I suppose, and I don't know him anyway so....urgh)
Yeah it's definitely not winning "Case of the Year", but I don't think that makes it a bad vote. What about the MP vote entices you?
his Buddying up, his last minute motel vote that seemed to come from nowhere, and..I dunno....a feeling.
The motel vote didn't really come from anywhere from my perspective; I had been talking about it in thread for a while, he was townreading me, Golden vetted it, not like he had strong feelings elsewhere.

As for the buddying point, my rebuttal for that is mostly personal but it'd be a shame if he got lynched for making me feel.welcome!
It wasn't just you. He did it to others too.
If I'm mafia and "buddying" you all to try to gain your trust, then I sure am doing a real shitty job, aren't I?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Very weak reason? Whose vote was cast during Day 1 with any reason that you would qualify as not "very weak"?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:

Question - is it one you just researched now, or have you been sitting on it waiting for a time it applied?
Did it at work while I was waiting for students to finish a test. I hate rainbow lists, so I wondered if they could be useful in another way- finding out how someone uses them early on from one alignment to the next. I know MP consistently does them early on.

I wanted to see what I could see, and I saw.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Is that a formal accusation? :mafia:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm not here for long again, sorry, but I wanted to at least come back and elaborate upon my vote. It is unlike me to further explain that at the time of my vote; RL took precedence though, so I'm not going to apologize for that.

Ok, self preservation. I can understand that. If it wasn't for that factor who would you have voted for?
I don't know. I cannot put my perspective in a vacuum and give you any decent answer since I didn't have any solid reads and still don't. I was sort of okay with voting any of the yellow reads in my rainbow.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
No, I think you're town. I just think you're shaking trees to see what falls out. I don't appreciate being the tree though considering how close I came to death yesterday and how I'm low hanging fruit headed into Day 2.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:

What is compelling about it, even remotely? I don't get it. I cannot fathom anything even remotely compelling about it. I've already debunked it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Seeing that I already had 1 vote from LC, that votes were likely to be missed, and knowing that both Epi and sig expressed suspicions of me, my vote was cast somewhat out of self-preservation. I also realize I haven't updated my rainbow formally but Soneji's response put my ease and given my lack of available time I had a bunch of null reads from which to choose to place my vote upon. Only Blooper and motel room had 2 votes, I know I had 1, so I chose between those options and even though I felt equally about MR and Blooper I percolated on Nacho's arguments and felt it the more compelling vote and subsequently I decided to go with motel room.
So would you say that you would like to put all responsibility on Nacho?
No, why would I ever say that? I take full responsibility for my vote. That goes without saying.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
No, I think you're town. I just think you're shaking trees to see what falls out. I don't appreciate being the tree though considering how close I came to death yesterday and how I'm low hanging fruit headed into Day 2.
How many trees did I shake?

What fell out?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:oh.

Well thats shit. Enjoy the game.
Sorry bud, was looking forward to playing with you again. Hopefully soon.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Snow also voted for Zebra you don't seem to be reading clearly. :eye:

MP didn't mention his vote was self preservation when he did the voting though, that just came up after motel flipped. I'm really being pinged by MP right now.
No, I didn't mention it, sig, you want to know why? Because I was literally on my phone as I walked out the door to a lunch date with my wife whom I've hardly gotten to spend time with over the last few months between all-nighters and other stuff. So yeah. That's why I didn't mention it. If that's suspicious to you, by all means, you do you. But you're wrong about me and you're not considering any town-compatible perspective for my behavior.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

What is compelling about it, even remotely? I don't get it. I cannot fathom anything even remotely compelling about it. I've already debunked it.
I showed things about your previous games. I quoted posts. I did not analyze or evaluate anything beyond giving you my Day 1 vote. What was there to debunk?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
How many trees did I shake?

What fell out?
I don't know; I apparently should drop the analogies completely.

Nothing but stinky poo from my perspective. Why don't you tell me?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

I showed things about your previous games. I quoted posts. I did not analyze or evaluate anything beyond giving you my Day 1 vote. What was there to debunk?
That it literally has any indication of my alignment. You fucking voted me for it and so did others, even Golden finds it "somewhat compelling" and he should know me better. Stop being purposefully obtuse.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm out of here before I get any more upset and post anything that I shouldn't. Be back tomorrow.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 100

Post by Quin »

Mad Max is likely to end today so once that's over I'll properly catch up and probably dish out some kind of bullshit idk. It's not an ideal justification for being lazy, but in all honesty that game's left me all burnt out.

Long Con asked me who I'd have voted - I would answer Soneji. I'll see if I can back that read up later but his argument against my self-vote gives me dem baddie vibes.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

That it literally has any indication of my alignment. You fucking voted me for it and so did others, even Golden finds it "somewhat compelling" and he should know me better. Stop being purposefully obtuse.
How do I know that? I like what I found today. I think you're surprised that I found it. You think I'm good (so you say), but I know my process is BS and I'm being purposefully obtuse? What's the point of that?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

You haven't debunked it. You've provided an alternate hypothesis. If I could put Epi's theory another way, a way in which your 'debunk' doesn't debunk - it would be that you don't make rainbow lists as town on day one. Debunking it would be proving that wrong by showing that you do, and that epi has cherry picked.

We all have habits as town and baddie, some of which we are aware of, some of which we are not. Epi might... and I stress might... have caught you in a habit you were unaware of. If it's a genuine pattern, it's compelling.

Having said that, your reaction to all of this does seem like town MP.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

How do I know that? I like what I found today. I think you're surprised that I found it. You think I'm good (so you say), but I know my process is BS and I'm being purposefully obtuse? What's the point of that?
You think I'm surprised? Why would I be surprised?

What do you mean what's the point of that? It's called putting pressure on people and seeing how they respond. You do that to me and others all the time. I think, like always, you've gone too far.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

You haven't debunked it. You've provided an alternate hypothesis. If I could put Epi's theory another way, a way in which your 'debunk' doesn't debunk - it would be that you don't make rainbow lists as town on day one. Debunking it would be proving that wrong by showing that you do, and that epi has cherry picked.

We all have habits as town and baddie, some of which we are aware of, some of which we are not. Epi might... and I stress might... have caught you in a habit you were unaware of. If it's a genuine pattern, it's compelling.

Having said that, your reaction to all of this does seem like town MP.
Whatever, it's a bullshit pattern, it is indicative of nothing other than the a unique combination of the game's content, my activity and engagement in those games, whether I felt comfortable expressing my thoughts as a rainbow list, etc. If you can't see why Epi's observation is absolutely myopic and a waste of time, I don't know what to say. If you all are going to mislynch me, just save me the trouble. I'm done talking about this nonsense.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Now I'll be back tomorrow to actually hunt for baddies. This is a waste of my time and thread space. I will not continue it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Whatever, it's a bullshit pattern,

It isn't bullshit, and it isn't really a pattern. It's a tendency.
MovingPictures07 wrote: If you can't see why Epi's observation is absolutely myopic and a waste of time, I don't know what to say. If you all are going to mislynch me, just save me the trouble. I'm done talking about this nonsense.
I can only wonder if you would be this passionate about how much I'm wasting my time if I were discussing someone else.

Return to “Previous Jobs”