Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

ISO of Soneji

==========================================================================================================================

Day 1
Spoiler: show
Soneji wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Long Con wrote:Hello, I did check my role PM before I came here.
Scotty wrote:Man, I would hate to be on your team if I were bad. :shifty:
Yeah, Wilgy is already suspicious to me.
DrWilgy wrote:Yeah, I've decided that being blind will be my meme play this game.
Indeed. :eye:
Golden wrote:Voted melee island - that's always where the adventure starts. You can't cut right to the third act.
Good point. Same-same.
You are trying too hard.
Anti-intellectualism is a thing in this community too then.
Quin wrote:I self-voted for the sake of figuring out whether they're changeable or not. Votes are not changeable.
Good of you to take on that burden.
I'm not inspired by Soneji's entrance to the thread. I've tried to get a feel for him here, but I don't have one. Null. There really isn't anything here but a bit of snark.
Soneji wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Soneji wrote:@Nacho : You look to rely a lot on an ability to townread and then use PoE, even this early. How much weight do you give to conscious vs unconscious scum moves? I have noticed that you approach people's posts as if you were scum in their shoes and make your read based on if you think they'd consciously post what they did with the proposed scum intent, in my experience this is rare.

Mafia generally don't purposely post as if they are mustache twirling villains even if it comes off that way in someones scumread. Their subconscious guilt is how these slips are made.
I think that most things that mafia post are unconscious, yes, but behind each unconscious post there are typically one of three guiding principles: 1) "I want to survive", 2) "I want to look town", 3) I want to lynch town. So when I say that something seems to lack scum motivation, it's because I don't think that a player would think that it doesn't push towards any one of those goals; when I say that I don't think that Metalmarsh would share his Day 1 goal of not being instantly lynched in thread, I don't think that this would be a conscious decision, I think that it's just something that he would feel uncomfortable doing. My argument for Quin being town isn't that they would sit down and weigh the advantages and disadvantages of self-voting versus not self-voting; it lies more along the lines of thinking that he would put some sort of thought before locking down one of his weapons against town so quickly and no lines of thought really point towards "no, self-vote".

Was there a argument in particular you were referring to when you made this post?
No one argument, you addressed the main two there.

Voting isn't a mafia weapon so much as it is town's. A lot of mafia players view voting as an inconvenience rather than a tool at their disposal and being freed from any pressure to vote is a blessing. Mind you, on the forum I come from I have never played a game where votes weren't changeable, mafia would be even more uncomfortable voting if they couldn't change. That they can't change weakens it's use as a weapon for them as well. The main point in Quin's favor to me is that the host wouldn't state if votes are final, forcing someone to vote to find out. Would have been preferable for him to vote a scumread but as is, hes not high up on potential lynch candidates.

Would you say your suspicion of Long Con stems from a differing view on if chaotic posts like Wilgy's are scummy? I don't see any way to look at Wilgy's post favorably. If he is telling the truth about not looking at his role PM, then he is going against the spirit of the rules and if he did get randomized scum, will not display the subconscious guilt that comes from one knowing they are scum. If he is lying then his motivation can only be to deceive or troll.

[VOTE: ] aubergine
[VOTE:
This is an intriguing conversation between Nacho and Soneji in which Soneji disagrees with Nacho's underlying theory regarding conscious scum moves. I'm not sure I can parse anything about Soneji's alignment from it though. What do you all think? Is there any reason to believe a town or mafia Soneji would pursue the content in these posts?

Soneji also votes for Wilgy here. I stated my dislike for this post at the time. I think it is an easy vote for a mafia member to make, a scapegoat vote if you will, due to Wilgy's chaotic behavior. I still don't like it.]
aubergine
Soneji wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Soneji wrote:[VOTE: @Nacho : You look to rely a lot on an ability to townread and then use PoE, even this early. How much weight do you give to conscious vs unconscious scum moves? I have noticed that you approach people's posts as if you were scum in their shoes and make your read based on if you think they'd consciously post what they did with the proposed scum intent, in my experience this is rare.

Mafia generally don't purposely post as if they are mustache twirling villains even if it comes off that way in someones scumread. Their subconscious guilt is how these slips are made.]
aubergine
[VOTE:
I think that most things that mafia post are unconscious, yes, but behind each unconscious post there are typically one of three guiding principles: 1) "I want to survive", 2) "I want to look town", 3) I want to lynch town. So when I say that something seems to lack scum motivation, it's because I don't think that a player would think that it doesn't push towards any one of those goals; when I say that I don't think that Metalmarsh would share his Day 1 goal of not being instantly lynched in thread, I don't think that this would be a conscious decision, I think that it's just something that he would feel uncomfortable doing. My argument for Quin being town isn't that they would sit down and weigh the advantages and disadvantages of self-voting versus not self-voting; it lies more along the lines of thinking that he would put some sort of thought before locking down one of his weapons against town so quickly and no lines of thought really point towards "no, self-vote".

Was there a argument in particular you were referring to when you made this post?]
aubergine
[VOTE:
No one argument, you addressed the main two there.

Voting isn't a mafia weapon so much as it is town's. A lot of mafia players view voting as an inconvenience rather than a tool at their disposal and being freed from any pressure to vote is a blessing. Mind you, on the forum I come from I have never played a game where votes weren't changeable, mafia would be even more uncomfortable voting if they couldn't change. That they can't change weakens it's use as a weapon for them as well. The main point in Quin's favor to me is that the host wouldn't state if votes are final, forcing someone to vote to find out. Would have been preferable for him to vote a scumread but as is, hes not high up on potential lynch candidates.

Would you say your suspicion of Long Con stems from a differing view on if chaotic posts like Wilgy's are scummy? I don't see any way to look at Wilgy's post favorably. If he is telling the truth about not looking at his role PM, then he is going against the spirit of the rules and if he did get randomized scum, will not display the subconscious guilt that comes from one knowing they are scum. If he is lying then his motivation can only be to deceive or troll.

[VOTE: ] aubergine]
aubergine
[VOTE: [VOTE:

This is essentially a policy lynch vote. I don't like it. Give me something else to work with here, Soneji.]
aubergine]
aubergine
This community must have a different definition of what a policy lynch is. On NF it is lynching someone who has proven time and again to offer nothing as a townie, without any posts that game that point to them being scum. Wilgy has already shown a pension for the chaotic this game and that makes him more likely scum than town.

I have posted about everything that has caught my eye so far, nor do I have reason to appeal to you in any manner.]
aubergine]
aubergine
This is Soneji's response to my beef. Not sure what I feel about it.]
aubergine]
aubergine
Soneji wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Soneji wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Soneji wrote: [VOTE: [VOTE: No one argument, you addressed the main two there.

aubergine]
aubergine
[VOTE: [VOTE: [VOTE:

This is essentially a policy lynch vote. I don't like it. Give me something else to work with here, Soneji.]
aubergine]
aubergine]
aubergine
This community must have a different definition of what a policy lynch is. On NF it is lynching someone who has proven time and again to offer nothing as a townie, without any posts that game that point to them being scum. Wilgy has already shown a pension for the chaotic this game and that makes him more likely scum than town.

I have posted about everything that has caught my eye so far, nor do I have reason to appeal to you in any manner.]
aubergine]
aubergine]
aubergine

I disagree with your conclusion here. Why is his behavior not town compatible?

You're my sole mafia read, which means you would receive my vote right now if we had changeable votes or the deadline was soon. How is that not a compelling reason to appeal to me?]
aubergine]
aubergine]
aubergine
More likely scum than town=/=not town compatible. You say in your next post that illogical, weird and chaotic generally haven't been signs of scum in your experience and I would agree with two of those three. Weird and/or seemingly illogical posters have gotten mislynched on NF on average and I usually have fought against those lynches. Chaotic however has flipped mafia more often and is a general detriment to the game. As I explained earlier, Wilgy's claim can only be trollish, deceptive or disruptive...nothing townish to find.

I will defend my position on my vote but your post came off as wanting me to put together more reads, which I won't be doing at this time as I have already given my thoughts on everything I intend to. You are used to rainbow reads and frequent town lists here, even in the early game. On NF it isn't all that uncommon for people to have town reads but it is not how I operate, I have no town reads just varying levels of scumreads. I focus mainly on a few people at a time early on while taking note of what others are doing, sometimes you need to wait before launching your attack or else your prey will clamp up before you have a strong case.]
aubergine]
aubergine]
aubergine
This is the response of Soneji's that made me pause on d1 when I listed him as my only slight mafia read and decided to throw him back up in the null area. What made me feel good about it at the time was that Soneji had a logical answer for my beef and specifically provided detailed reasoning for differentiating "chaotic" from "illogical" and "weird" being signs of mislynches. Looking at it again, I still like it.

His meta explanation for why he responded as he did when I prodded him for more content (he was right that I wanted more reads) seems believable to me, but not alignment-indicative.

==========================================================================================================================

Day 2]
aubergine]
aubergine]
aubergine
Soneji wrote:[VOTE: [VOTE: [VOTE: Not fully caught up but Epi and MP would be my top suspects at the moment. MP's vote on motel room can certainly be attributed to self preservation, yet with all the time he spent making posts d1, he didn't make any push against anyone. No courage of conviction. More then that, his response to Epi's rainbow analysis was pretty blown out of proportion, a tl;dr defense against what was a pretty ridiculous analysis by Epi.

That ridiculous analysis plus him going after an inactive at this point in the game is why I suspect Epignosis. The analysis seems more like a premeditated move than having an epiphany and pursuing it with fervor, by the way in which it was written and it being on a day one that was noticeably barebones in terms of reads. Even if his general findings were true and he did happen to notice this pattern specifically, hinging on it D1 is folly. Better to let MP continue what hes doing and get him with more concrete evidence later, then let him weasel out of your weak reasoning and straighten his act.

It is possible they are both scum, one pirate, one cannibal. MP's high volume of posts certainly lend itself towards a larger chance of slipping.

aubergine]
aubergine]
aubergine
[VOTE: [VOTE: [VOTE: [VOTE:
This post more so confuses me than anything. I don't follow Soneji's logic as to why Epi and I are his top two mafia reads, but I struggle to see his suspicions as faked or opportunistic as well. I said some things here. Hopefully Soneji can respond to them soon.

I'm so torn on this. This is the first ISO where I feel like nearly equal parts are townish and mafiaish, partially because I'm not sure what to make of like half of it. Blarggggggggggggg. Slight mafia I suppose, but I really don't know. My brain hurts anyway, I think it's time to stop these things for a little while.]
aubergine]
aubergine]
aubergine]
aubergine
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MP, I totally appreciate the effort you are putting in, and I feel shame at being a surface-skimmer at this point. I'm hoping that my light touch will make me less of a nightkill target at least, though more of a target for righteous scorn. :scared: :srsnod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:MP, I totally appreciate the effort you are putting in, and I feel shame at being a surface-skimmer at this point. I'm hoping that my light touch will make me less of a nightkill target at least, though more of a target for righteous scorn. :scared: :srsnod:
It's cool, don't sweat it. When you do get the chance to dive into the stuff though, your insight would be appreciated for sure.

Given that the suspicion on me has mostly vanished for the time being and my amount of effort during d2, I believe I'm a likely NK target tonight so that's partly why I'm trying to chug through this stuff like the madman that I am. If I was mafia I'd want to kill me too, so I won't blame them. :P
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:This game is like a patient in the ICU. Where is everyone? Where is the baddie hunting?

Seriously folks, why should I even try if the rest of you aren't going to do shit? Honest question because I'm feeling a bit frustrated with this entire day cycle's wasted potential right now.
It's the middle of the day for many of us, dude. You know this. I'm only on because it happens to be a day where my planning is in the afternoon. And it'll be a holiday soon. And it's Day 2. Cool your jets :P

As for your sig review, what pings me more than anything about what he's been saying is his being so resolute that an entire mafia team couldn't have missed its kill last Night. This sort of thing has been happening in several games lately on this site. It would be one thing to offer his counter arguments, but to so staunchly oppose it as a non-possibility? Nah. Looks defensive. Pings real bad.

I still want to knock off inactives/slight inactives. There is no reason except inactivity to vote BR, so that's cool with me. I want to know where Wilgy went. You say zebra has played a detached and gut-read game in the past, but what she's doing right now is just detached without even gut reads. It's just...randomness. Chaotic. It's the same reason I voted Wilgy Day 1 - zebra's behavior is not civ, whatever she's doing.

So I'm good with voting any of those (includes sig, but less so than the inactives), and I need to get back to work. I'm going to mull over it a bit (maybe ten minutes or so) before I make the final call.
Look, I know right now is the middle of the day, I'm referring to all of Day 2. There has been next to no discussion of anyone other than inactives for the past nearly 48 hours, and that's what bothered me, not just the lack of current content. Anyway, I was just venting. Feel free to ignore that nonsense. :p

Help me out here; you lost me a bit with your thoughts on sig. Why is it that his staunch opposition pings you? Like, walk me through the mindset of why a mafia sig would do that, that's where I'm lost.

She provided gut reads in saying BR and Epi are town and Snow Dog is bad, for example, but yes, they're completely unsubstantiated. The only problem with just lynching everyone who behaves in such a way (your bolded/underlined sentiment) is that just because someone is behaving chaotically does not mean their role card is mafia. It is up to us to make a determination based on the available content. I don't think lynching inactives blindly right now will serve us anything particularly productive; if we happen to hit a member of the mafia, great, but it's essentially flipping a coin.
True about a chaotic player not necessarily pulling a mafia role, but their behavior doesn't help civs. A lynch vote for zebra would not be a blind vote for an inactive - it would be voting for someone who I think is exhibiting non-civ (and I'll just outright say it - mafia-or-indy-chaotic) behavior.

What I'm saying about sig's opposition to the idea is that it sounds defensive of inactive mafia behavior, i.e., steering people away from discussing inactivity as more than a possibility for an entire mafia team because he doesn't want us to look at them. As in, perhaps he is part of an inactive mafia team, and is defending it because oh shit, they all missed their kill chance last night, better cover it up. That's what it looks like when the behavior of late on the site points to the opposite of his stance.

And I think the discussion of inactives needs to happen - personally, I'm tired of seeing it ignored and seeing active players lynched so early and then having a dead game, so I'm happy we're going on that vein this game. Hell, it's encouraging ME to post! (Well, that and I also have more time recently to play than I have in the past couple of games.) Lynch inactives, encourage participation through group force :P

With that, I'll vote zebra today, even if it's for pressure. Gotta finish grading these quizzes, dammit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok this is where i am. Probably will vote zebra although I might as well say it now that Quin worries me. Black Rock could be a good alternative to zebra. Epi I have been seeing as civ and I now think Alex is civ. All the others I don't know.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So... I just done goofed. :sigh:

Somehow in grabbing these links for my ISOs to compile them into my upcoming rainbow list, I lost track of my tabs and accidentally deleted my DrWilgy ISO post when getting these links. LOL. I don't know how. Fuck my administrator permissions. :WTF: :haha:

In all these years I was always afraid I'd accidentally edit or delete someone's post, and now I've finally done it. Thank god it was my own. Sorry for this though, host. I really don't know how it happened.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I see zebar collecting votes and I wonder should that worry me?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I want to vote zebra so I am going ahead and doing it.

Votes a2thezebra
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Blooper, got it. Thanks for elaborating. :beer:

I'm not thrilled with zebra or BR dying because there's no compelling reason to believe they are mafia due to lacking post histories, but there's no reason to keep them around at the moment either other than the fact that they could be contributing to town's numbers. I'm not inspired by either choice because I'm not inspired by a coin flip.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Monkey Island -- Day 2 -- MP Rainbow #3

Epignosis -- ISO

Elohcin / motel room 2.0 -- ISO
Long Con
Nachomamma8
Snow Dog

Boomslang -- ISO
MacDougall
Quin
Scotty

a2thezebra -- ISO
Black Rock -- ISO
DFaraday -- ISO
DrWilgy
Metalmarsh89
nijuukyugou
Soneji -- ISO
Vompatti

sig -- ISO

I provided ISO links so that my posts are easier to navigate. I realize I have posted a lot of stuff this cycle, so sorry to drown you all with that, but not really sorry. :p Anyway, hopefully this post can serve as a good starting point for anyone who cares to look at my d2 ISO content. Please let me know what your thoughts are on these things. I need the feedback. I'll go about ISOs for the remaining folks hopefully by the end of Night 2, but I'm tired and believe it or not I actually do have things to do, so who knows.

Players still are listed alphabetically within groups... for now. I'd like to arrange them within groups after finishing ISOs though.

Note that the players who have not yet been ISOed haven't moved from my prior list. That's because I need to give them a fair shake first. So those reads are all pending some investigation.

I'm voting sig. And with that, I'm gone for a while. I need a break. See you all whenever. :slick:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DrWilgy »

Saved my teammates by voting BR.

Byyyyeeeeeeeee.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 78

Re: Monkey Island Pollls

Post by thellama73 »

Day 2

Who is a nasty Ghost Pirate?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:27:38 pm

a2thezebra
Long Con (12), nijuukyugou (14), Snow Dog (15) 18%
Black Rock
Epignosis (4), Metalmarsh89 (5), DFaraday (10), Scotty (11), DrWilgy (17) 29%
Boomslang
No votes
DFaraday
No votes
Dr. Wilgy
Boomslang (13) 6%
Elohcin
No votes
Epignosis
Soneji (8) 6%
Long Con
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Metalmarsh89
No votes
MovingPictures07
Vompatti (9) 6%
Nachomamma8
No votes
Nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
Scotty
No votes
Sig
motel room (6), Quin (7), MovingPictures07 (16) 18%
Snow Dog
a2thezebra (3) 6%
Soneji
No votes
Vompatti
No votes
A bridge troll (he's just a red herring) [Host/mod/dead/NP]
thellama73 (1), juliets (2) 12%
Total votes : 17
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Night 2
Now that the informercial for Loom is done, it's time to get down to the important business of actually becoming a pirate capable of defeating LeChuck. At the Scumm Bar, you learn that any aspiring pirate has to master three things: The Sword, Thievery, and The Quest (treasure huntin, ya lubbers!).

All daunting in their own way, but which to tackle first?

'While you are pondering, Black Rock has been lynched. She was Bob. You monsters! He had a wife and three children!

You have 24 hours to submit your night actions.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Epignosis »

:mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It may of interest to note that I will be on a plane when the night ends tomorrow, so expect the post a bit later than usual.

DrWilgy

Re: Monkey Island [NIGHT 2]

Post by DrWilgy »

:hyper: :fiesta: :dance: :fiesta: :hyper:
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Just popped in to say DAMN, how about that result? Awesome. :yay:

That sure changes some things. Now I'll be back whenever.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Awesome, Rob.....awesome!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Just popped in to say DAMN, how about that result? Awesome. :yay:

Can we lynch you next?
Image Image Image
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Boomslang »

Epignosis wrote::mafia:
All hail the supatown! :P But seriously, excellent result. Glad we all learned something from Three Kingdoms!
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 43

Post by sig »

Sorry I missed voting, I've been working on a paper and time got away from me, I'll answer MP's ISO of me shortly and read through. Great results! I'd have probably ended up voting for Black Rock but it would have been for self preservation.

I do want to point out it seems that Zebra and myself were two counter wagons, but I don't think it very likely that the mafia would stack one of those wagons or push to hard.
ImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by motel room »

sig wrote:I do want to point out it seems that Zebra and myself were two counter wagons, but I don't think it very likely that the mafia would stack one of those wagons or push to hard.
What do you mean? I'm not sure how you can assume that.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

DFaraday wrote:I read over the last couple of pages and voted BR. I don't generally like going after low posters, but I think in this case there could be merit to doing so given the missed NK. I also didn't find the Sig case compelling, as in my experience civs often say vague things or make unannounced changes in their stances quite a lot (I know I do). Sig is so often mislynched anyway, I have a hard time actually finding him suspicious most of the time.

Motel, why was I on your bad list?
That post of yours where you overstated the obvious about how you were going to vote to get information cos information is good gotta get that information.
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Whew, that was a doozy. Be back in like 15 minutes. Although I don't think I'm talking to anyone still. :sigh:
I usually don't read your ISO's as you post them, aside from the bottom line. But they make for good resources later on, so I can go back and look through them.

It's not because it's you (same goes for when Jay posts them), it's that it's a lot of text, and my eyes tend to glaze over when I read more than one or two at a time. I appreciate the effort though. :beer:

If you pick one player and post a case on them, then we're talking.
I appreciate the response. Have you looked at my sig ISO? If not, why don't you take a look at it and let me know what you think? Currently he is my top suspect and going to receive my vote unless Soneji or someone else appears immediately horrendous.
Sure! I'll give it a look.

But not now though, because it's night, I've got shit to do, and we done lynched a baddie. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I didn't like Snow Dog's vote yesterday. I like it even worse today.

Just my two cents after the lynch. I'll be looking at him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
motel room wrote:Lynch is ending before i get up for work so im down to start the sig train
Why? Did you find my ISO compelling? If so, what specifically compelled you to give sig your vote?

I do feel relatively confident in my findings, but I don't want to start a bandwagon here. Discussion should be had.
It was my gut first in a read through, then some of your ISO

But that underline is a bit of a back-pedal. I remember Sloonei saying that once when he was scum, like what he said and what he wanted to happen were two different things.
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 100

Post by Quin »

nice ok.

Feel better about Epi. Bussing BR seems unnecessary so I'm inclined to lean civ on him as a result.

Leaving to get 'the thing' done in half an hour, I guess I'll still be involved afterwards but people shouldn't expect the same level of investment as I usually put in :nicenod:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I didn't like Snow Dog's vote yesterday. I like it even worse today.

I liked it. Both times!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Woo! Woo, I say! Get them inactives :feb:

Gonna vote Quest, because it's a Quest! (And not the quiz/test kind of quest, unless it is :eek: )
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Golden »

At least I got to sell some fine leather jackets this time.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Somebody bad voted for Black Rock. Black Rock was a prime candidate to be bussed, but there are two mafia teams. I would bet my left nut someone who voted Black Rock is bad. Maybe even two people. Don't give anybody credit for voting her.

Soneji can get lynched for his move against me. That was lazy.

Quin too because fuck that guy.

If my theory is right, then Black Rock, who was on the pirates team, missed the kill. That means the Cannibals are organized and getting shit done. The Cannibals killed Golden.

Leaving this here for now.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Post by a2thezebra »

I read Black Rock as civ personally, but whatever you say llama
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Post by a2thezebra »

Epi is civ as fuck
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Boomslang »

Quin wrote:nice ok.

Feel better about Epi. Bussing BR seems unnecessary so I'm inclined to lean civ on him as a result.

Leaving to get 'the thing' done in half an hour, I guess I'll still be involved afterwards but people shouldn't expect the same level of investment as I usually put in :nicenod:
True, leading the bus on BR would've been unnecessary for a baddie team. But contributing to the bus, as Epi points out, is almost a no-brainer. I'll be assisting his exploration of those voters tomorrow.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:Epi is civ as fuck
I've never seen him bus a teammate after Day 1, so there's that. :smoky:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Thank you for that important piece of information.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Good job, I agree with Epi's theory. The Pirates are lazy PM-missers, and the jerk Cannibals killed Golden.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:Good job, I agree with Epi's theory. The Pirates are lazy PM-missers, and the jerk Cannibals killed Golden.
Are you a lazy PM-misser?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Thank you for that important piece of information.
I wasn't talking to you.

Did you bus a teammate? :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:Good job, I agree with Epi's theory. The Pirates are lazy PM-missers, and the jerk Cannibals killed Golden.
Are you a lazy PM-misser?
Nope!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epi and Marmot, you each get 1 "Wilgy Voucher" spend your Wilgy voucher to tell me who to vote or get me to answer any 1 question truthfully.
Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Boomslang wrote:
Quin wrote:nice ok.

True, leading the bus on BR would've been unnecessary for a baddie team. But contributing to the bus, as Epi points out, is almost a no-brainer. I'll be assisting his exploration of those voters tomorrow.
Point taken. Who stands out, Boomslang?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Quin wrote:A rainbow list for MP and I to have a chat about later :nicenod: . Most of these are substantiated and would ideally do with a more in depth ISO. No specific order, other than the obvious.

Nachomamma8

Boomslang
MovingPictures07
Elohcin/motel room 2.0
Scotty
metalmarsh89
DrWilgy
MacDougall

Vompatti
DFaraday
Snow Dog
nijuukyougou

Black Rock
Soneji
a2thezebra
Epignosis
sig
Long Con

@linki - I was just about to do the same thing before I went to bed. Voted sig.
Oooooh, a shiny rainbow, I love it! How the hell is Nacho still ahead of me? What do I have to do for you people? :pout: :p

I need to continue my ISO assessments this morning (they will have to wait until after teaching though), so some of these players I don't have super firm reads on. But we have some cognitive dissonance. Why slight town on MM and Wilgy? What did you think of my crappy Wilgy ISO? Why is Snow Dog a null (right?) read? I have more questions but I'll leave it at that for now.
Admittedly I might be overestimating my read of Nacho. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but his approach to the game has checked all of the townie boxes so far. His approach is a lot like mine, too - and I feel like it's more likely to be genuine going off of that.

I'm not going to make something out of Wilgy's 'I won't check my rolecard' thing which most people seem to be interpreting in a bad way, because I know the act of opening with some sort of gambit is more likely to just be a non-indicative thing. It might seem contradictory, but I'm also town-reading Wilgy based on his 'I haven't checked my role card' gambit. What I like is, specifically, the 'thing' he chose as his gambit. Suggesting he hasn't read his role card is a load of bs, there's no way he hasn't, because I don't think he's the kind of person to screw over his team for the sake of a joke, and I think he'd have chosen a less self-incriminating meme if he were bad. I haven't read your Wilgy ISO unfortunately, I will at some point when my face doesn't hurt so bad and I'll give you my thoughts then.

As for the marmot, it was a read mostly based on tone. I don't think his Black Rock vote looked bad, though - if he's bad, I don't think they're teammates at least. The lynch could have gone either way at that point, and he only tied it up, not put her in the lead.

Snow Dog was a bit of an afterthought when I made this, it just got so late. I don't feel confident putting him as a null read, since he's one of the most active posters. He deserves more attention than I've given him.

I'm mostly curious about your moderate town read for Long Con. I'll wait on your ISO before I comment further, though.

Lay more questions on me. I find in my current situation I'll be best motivated to participate when I've got someone expecting things from me. :p
ImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Voted sword.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:...or get me to answer any 1 question truthfully.
If you are Civ, don't you answer all questions truthfully?

Voted sword because I like swords.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Just popped in to say DAMN, how about that result? Awesome. :yay:

Can we lynch you next?
Now why in the world would you want to do that?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:Sorry I missed voting, I've been working on a paper and time got away from me, I'll answer MP's ISO of me shortly and read through. Great results! I'd have probably ended up voting for Black Rock but it would have been for self preservation.

I do want to point out it seems that Zebra and myself were two counter wagons, but I don't think it very likely that the mafia would stack one of those wagons or push to hard.
Thanks in advance, sig, your perspective will be appreciated. If you are town I hope you can convince me of it. I'll try to approach any of your responses with an open mind. :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:
sig wrote:I do want to point out it seems that Zebra and myself were two counter wagons, but I don't think it very likely that the mafia would stack one of those wagons or push to hard.
What do you mean? I'm not sure how you can assume that.
Yeah, I agree with this. People typically assume counterwagons occur... sometimes they do. But not always, and it's cost the town too much in my experience to make such an assumption.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Whew, that was a doozy. Be back in like 15 minutes. Although I don't think I'm talking to anyone still. :sigh:
I usually don't read your ISO's as you post them, aside from the bottom line. But they make for good resources later on, so I can go back and look through them.

It's not because it's you (same goes for when Jay posts them), it's that it's a lot of text, and my eyes tend to glaze over when I read more than one or two at a time. I appreciate the effort though. :beer:

If you pick one player and post a case on them, then we're talking.
I appreciate the response. Have you looked at my sig ISO? If not, why don't you take a look at it and let me know what you think? Currently he is my top suspect and going to receive my vote unless Soneji or someone else appears immediately horrendous.
Sure! I'll give it a look.

But not now though, because it's night, I've got shit to do, and we done lynched a baddie. :beer:
Yeah, I'm a bit torn between wanting to finish off these ISOs as I've been doing them and pursuing interaction analyses due to BR's flip, but I don't know. Not enough time in the day for mafia. :omg:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I didn't like Snow Dog's vote yesterday. I like it even worse today.

I'm not a fan of his voting record either, but his content has seemed genuine to me. I'll take a look at his ISO though and maybe I'll come up with a different perspective.

Return to “Previous Jobs”