Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Monkey Island [NIGHT 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

Epi, you may die tonight given your hand in BR's lynch. Do you have any other legacy thoughts / reads?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

motel room wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
motel room wrote:Lynch is ending before i get up for work so im down to start the sig train
Why? Did you find my ISO compelling? If so, what specifically compelled you to give sig your vote?

I do feel relatively confident in my findings, but I don't want to start a bandwagon here. Discussion should be had.
It was my gut first in a read through, then some of your ISO

But that underline is a bit of a back-pedal. I remember Sloonei saying that once when he was scum, like what he said and what he wanted to happen were two different things.
It's not a backpedal; I was clear in my ISO of sig that I did not think my case was a slam dunk, and I was vocal in emphasizing that I did not want people to just come in here and pile on sig with no conversation. People around here have a tendency to bandwagon vote when they're not current with the thread or barely able to keep their heads above water, and I don't trust my own reads enough for everyone to blindly follow me. That's not ideal.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:Epi and Marmot, you each get 1 "Wilgy Voucher" spend your Wilgy voucher to tell me who to vote or get me to answer any 1 question truthfully.
Are these like bath tokens?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:Somebody bad voted for Black Rock. Black Rock was a prime candidate to be bussed, but there are two mafia teams. I would bet my left nut someone who voted Black Rock is bad. Maybe even two people. Don't give anybody credit for voting her.

Soneji can get lynched for his move against me. That was lazy.

Quin too because fuck that guy.

If my theory is right, then Black Rock, who was on the pirates team, missed the kill. That means the Cannibals are organized and getting shit done. The Cannibals killed Golden.

Leaving this here for now.
You think her teammates were more likely to throw her under the bus for cred than they were to push a counterwagon, is that what you're saying? Or that we shouldn't give anyone cred for voting BR?

I agree with the latter. Not sure about the former.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Boomslang wrote:
Quin wrote:nice ok.

Feel better about Epi. Bussing BR seems unnecessary so I'm inclined to lean civ on him as a result.

Leaving to get 'the thing' done in half an hour, I guess I'll still be involved afterwards but people shouldn't expect the same level of investment as I usually put in :nicenod:
True, leading the bus on BR would've been unnecessary for a baddie team. But contributing to the bus, as Epi points out, is almost a no-brainer. I'll be assisting his exploration of those voters tomorrow.
How will you be doing that? Just curious.

I'd sure love someone to help me out with these ISOs. There's too many damn players in this game and I feel like I'm spending too much time making posts. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Quin wrote:A rainbow list for MP and I to have a chat about later :nicenod: . Most of these are substantiated and would ideally do with a more in depth ISO. No specific order, other than the obvious.

Nachomamma8

Boomslang
MovingPictures07
Elohcin/motel room 2.0
Scotty
metalmarsh89
DrWilgy
MacDougall

Vompatti
DFaraday
Snow Dog
nijuukyougou

Black Rock
Soneji
a2thezebra
Epignosis
sig
Long Con

@linki - I was just about to do the same thing before I went to bed. Voted sig.
Oooooh, a shiny rainbow, I love it! How the hell is Nacho still ahead of me? What do I have to do for you people? :pout: :p

I need to continue my ISO assessments this morning (they will have to wait until after teaching though), so some of these players I don't have super firm reads on. But we have some cognitive dissonance. Why slight town on MM and Wilgy? What did you think of my crappy Wilgy ISO? Why is Snow Dog a null (right?) read? I have more questions but I'll leave it at that for now.
Admittedly I might be overestimating my read of Nacho. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but his approach to the game has checked all of the townie boxes so far. His approach is a lot like mine, too - and I feel like it's more likely to be genuine going off of that.

I'm not going to make something out of Wilgy's 'I won't check my rolecard' thing which most people seem to be interpreting in a bad way, because I know the act of opening with some sort of gambit is more likely to just be a non-indicative thing. It might seem contradictory, but I'm also town-reading Wilgy based on his 'I haven't checked my role card' gambit. What I like is, specifically, the 'thing' he chose as his gambit. Suggesting he hasn't read his role card is a load of bs, there's no way he hasn't, because I don't think he's the kind of person to screw over his team for the sake of a joke, and I think he'd have chosen a less self-incriminating meme if he were bad. I haven't read your Wilgy ISO unfortunately, I will at some point when my face doesn't hurt so bad and I'll give you my thoughts then.

As for the marmot, it was a read mostly based on tone. I don't think his Black Rock vote looked bad, though - if he's bad, I don't think they're teammates at least. The lynch could have gone either way at that point, and he only tied it up, not put her in the lead.

Snow Dog was a bit of an afterthought when I made this, it just got so late. I don't feel confident putting him as a null read, since he's one of the most active posters. He deserves more attention than I've given him.

I'm mostly curious about your moderate town read for Long Con. I'll wait on your ISO before I comment further, though.

Lay more questions on me. I find in my current situation I'll be best motivated to participate when I've got someone expecting things from me. :p
Unfortuantely for both of us, I'm an idiot and my Wilgy ISO is gone. :sigh: Lol. But it's OK, it basically said I can't make heads or tails of Wilgy. Something like that. Most of his content is not alignment indicative so I'll agree that his 'I won't check my rolecard' thing isn't worth criticizing.

Yeah, not sure about LC. I'll have to give him a detailed look.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, Quin, I expect all of the things from you. Always. :srsnod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I still need a break from this game because I have too many things to do to sit here and look through ISOs of the half or so of players I haven't yet. I'll see what I can do later in the day though... assuming I'm still alive. If I'm not, well, hopefully what I've done so far can assist in assessing town and mafia alignments.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Monkey Island -- Day 2 -- MP Rainbow #3

Epignosis -- ISO

Elohcin / motel room 2.0 -- ISO
Long Con
Nachomamma8
Snow Dog

Boomslang -- ISO
MacDougall
Quin
Scotty

a2thezebra -- ISO
Black Rock -- ISO
DFaraday -- ISO
DrWilgy
Metalmarsh89
nijuukyugou
Soneji -- ISO
Vompatti

sig -- ISO

I provided ISO links so that my posts are easier to navigate. I realize I have posted a lot of stuff this cycle, so sorry to drown you all with that, but not really sorry. :p Anyway, hopefully this post can serve as a good starting point for anyone who cares to look at my d2 ISO content. Please let me know what your thoughts are on these things. I need the feedback. I'll go about ISOs for the remaining folks hopefully by the end of Night 2, but I'm tired and believe it or not I actually do have things to do, so who knows.

Players still are listed alphabetically within groups... for now. I'd like to arrange them within groups after finishing ISOs though.

Note that the players who have not yet been ISOed haven't moved from my prior list. That's because I need to give them a fair shake first. So those reads are all pending some investigation.

I'm voting sig. And with that, I'm gone for a while. I need a break. See you all whenever. :slick:
Also, I would need to confirm this through ISO analysis, but since I won't be able to keep that promise before the end of Night 2, in case I die I want you all to know that I'd make some gut-based sort-of-uninformed updates to some of these players I haven't ISOd yet. I know that I would move MM and Blooper up to slight town (from slight mafia) due to some genuine-seeming and thoughtful even if sparse recent contributions, as well as MacDougall down to slight mafia (from slight town), since he's vanished completely and my slight town placement of him was weak from my recollection.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also also (last words until Day 3, I promise), fellow members of the town, make sure you put pressure on as many players as you can, including and especially Nacho. I know his entrance was epic and the general consensus is that he seems town, but he vanished completely during Day 2, and if Nacho has a supertown style like JJJ, he could skate through unopposed in a foreign environment where no one has expectations or experience of him if he did receive a mafia role card. I don't have any reason to think Nacho is mafia right now, but I want to emphasize this. Please don't let anyone go unexamined and thoroughly poked and prodded.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
It’s my birthday

Post by Scotty »

Disneyland was great. Except for a small child screaming behind me in the Pinocchio ride blowing out my eardrums. I hope he grows up with a minor allergy of some sort :feb:

Woo GG Epi!
I must say that I am not surprised she flipped bad, but I also would not have voted her if zebra had had a train of her own going when I voted. I still think zebra is fishy as fuck, but now that BR has flipped bad, I'm in the mind that her teammates are probably also the ones on my list:
-Boom
-Soneji
One of Nacho, Mac, Motel room 2.0, ninja and DF

And that's just for the pirate team.

The cannibals will be trickier to catch- they probably killed Golden, and are probably active.

My current fear is that Epi is a cannibal and has been ringleadering as a supatown so that we'll give him Cred. I might just be paranoid tho.

MP- if I'm alive tomorrow, I think I'll have some time before my show to properly answer your sig case. Until then, I gotta go run errands.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
It’s my birthday

Post by Scotty »

Voted Sword
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Boomslang »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Quin wrote:nice ok.

Feel better about Epi. Bussing BR seems unnecessary so I'm inclined to lean civ on him as a result.

Leaving to get 'the thing' done in half an hour, I guess I'll still be involved afterwards but people shouldn't expect the same level of investment as I usually put in :nicenod:
True, leading the bus on BR would've been unnecessary for a baddie team. But contributing to the bus, as Epi points out, is almost a no-brainer. I'll be assisting his exploration of those voters tomorrow.
How will you be doing that? Just curious.

I'd sure love someone to help me out with these ISOs. There's too many damn players in this game and I feel like I'm spending too much time making posts. :p
Probably by running some ISOs, especially of Wilgy. As the last voter on the BR wagon, he could easily have added the vote as a shot for civ cred.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Also, voting Thievery here in honor of Stealy from Rick and Morty :P
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I didn't like Snow Dog's vote yesterday. I like it even worse today.

Just my two cents after the lynch. I'll be looking at him.
I'm not a fan of his voting record either, but his content has seemed genuine to me. I'll take a look at his ISO though and maybe I'll come up with a different perspective.
I don't understand. What is wrong with my voting record? I have been consistent. Explain please!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Epignosis »

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:...or get me to answer any 1 question truthfully.
If you are Civ, don't you answer all questions truthfully?

Voted sword because I like swords.
No, that'd be dumb.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Just popped in to say DAMN, how about that result? Awesome. :yay:

That sure changes some things. Now I'll be back whenever.
Can we lynch you next?
Now why in the world would you want to do that?
Memes bro
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Epi and Marmot, you each get 1 "Wilgy Voucher" spend your Wilgy voucher to tell me who to vote or get me to answer any 1 question truthfully.
Are these like bath tokens?
Is that your question?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Vompatti »

DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Just popped in to say DAMN, how about that result? Awesome. :yay:

That sure changes some things. Now I'll be back whenever.
Can we lynch you next?
Now why in the world would you want to do that?
Memes bro
Anyone who's a friend of memes is a friend of mine. :beer:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:Disneyland was great.
I am jealous
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Post by a2thezebra »

MP's soft baddie read of me is disingenuous. If he was civ he would be hard baddie reading me so since he isn't let's lynch him.

After that let's lynch Mac because he's a contrarian who will hurt the civ cause. He's also a hypocrite for asking me to post more when he's been way more silent than he should be. He's bad too, I'm sure of it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy is as civ as civ gets.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Also I dare anyone - baddies and civs alike - to try and kill me. Just see what happens. :dark:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 91

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:MP's soft baddie read of me is disingenuous. If he was civ he would be hard baddie reading me so since he isn't let's lynch him.

After that let's lynch Mac because he's a contrarian who will hurt the civ cause. He's also a hypocrite for asking me to post more when he's been way more silent than he should be. He's bad too, I'm sure of it.
Someone's salty about getting sprung in Mad Max. Is that you Rico?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:Also I dare anyone - baddies and civs alike - to try and kill me. Just see what happens. :dark:
Sure let me use my trusty vote.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:MP's soft baddie read of me is disingenuous. If he was civ he would be hard baddie reading me so since he isn't let's lynch him.

Someone's salty about getting sprung in Mad Max. Is that you Rico?
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy look who showed up when his name got mentioned. You got something to contribute or are you just going to clog the thread like always? We can talk about Mad Max too, you only read me as bad thanks to a lucky guess which came way too late and then I murdered yo ass.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Holy shit why are you being such a dick?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:Holy shit why are you being such a dick?
Because if I don't then you will anyway so I might as well jump in the shit pit with you before you even start.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Well this isn't fun. Back to lurking.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Mac is a "don't dish it if you can't take it" quote with legs, fingers and a keyboard.

linki - Haha, case in point. So in order to not engage with me you have to go back to lurking? You can't contribute in any way without talking to me?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

To everyone except Zebra I apologise for not being around. I had a birthday and then a bender and then busy days at work. Life.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

The best apology is improvement and I ain't seeing it even though you're right here and presumably not mid-bender.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:Mac is a "don't dish it if you can't take it" quote with legs, fingers and a keyboard.

linki - Haha, case in point. So in order to not engage with me you have to go back to lurking? You can't contribute in any way without talking to me?
I have never personally attacked the traits of someone the way you did to me just now. At least I know where to draw the line. You are just flat out being hostile and mean.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Mac is a "don't dish it if you can't take it" quote with legs, fingers and a keyboard.

I have never personally attacked the traits of someone the way you did to me just now. At least I know where to draw the line. You are just flat out being hostile and mean.
First of all, bullshit. You've called me and others idiots multiple times. You do not in any way know where to draw the line and you know it more than anyone. Don't think that we've forgotten about you swearing on your daughter's life that you were good when you weren't.

Second, where did I personally attack your traits? I'm not even advocating a policy lynch of you. You're bad. Period.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:The best apology is improvement and I ain't seeing it even though you're right here and presumably not mid-bender.
I have been online for 10 minutes psycho.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:The best apology is improvement and I ain't seeing it even though you're right here and presumably not mid-bender.
That's not the point. You said you were going to go back to lurking. Are you even going to bother to catch up?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

First of all, bullshit. You've called me and others idiots multiple times. You do not in any way know where to draw the line and you know it more than anyone. Don't think that we've forgotten about you swearing on your daughter's life that you were good when you weren't.

Second, where did I personally attack your traits? I'm not even advocating a policy lynch of you. You're bad. Period.
When have I called anyone an idiot? Even if I did that is nothing like calling me a hypocrite and a contrarian unprovoked. Which answers your second dumbass question.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
That's not the point. You said you were going to go back to lurking. Are you even going to bother to catch up?
Probably if you stop terrorising me unprovoked.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

When have I called anyone an idiot? Even if I did that is nothing like calling me a hypocrite and a contrarian unprovoked. Which answers your second dumbass question.
This guy

linki - TERRORIZING you? Wow.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by motel room »

Mighty fine distancing, mighty fahhhn
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

motel room wrote:Mighty fine distancing, mighty fahhhn
You want some?
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Mods plx. This is certainly unhelpful to the game.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by motel room »

a2thezebra wrote:
motel room wrote:Mighty fine distancing, mighty fahhhn
You want some?
Some what?
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Boomslang wrote:Mods plx. This is certainly unhelpful to the game.
You can catch these hands

linki - THESE HANDS
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

There's never any content in a mafia game until drama starts happening so if anything calling the mods is more "certainly unhelpful" whatever that means
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I can't go a game lately without some crackpot trying to shit stir me.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:I can't go a game lately without some crackpot trying to shit stir me.
I embrace the crackpot label and I intend to continue to shit stir you until you crack yourself. Everyone gives you a pass and I'm done with it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'd rather not bring other people into it but it has to be said that you were giving Glorfindel a really hard time in Mad Max when he was (and still is, as am I for what it's worth) going through a very, very hard time already. You demand sensitivity from other people but never even attempt to return it. So I have no sympathy for however you may be feeling right now.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 78

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 3]

Post by thellama73 »

Day 3
So you want to learn to fight, do you? Well, it's not going to be easy. Melee Island is home to some of the toughest swordsmen around, and you'll have to go up against them if you ever hope to defeat LeChuck and his gang. Fortunately, it's a great day for training.

You'd better hurry though, because your friends seem to be dropping like flies.

DFaraday has been killed.
MovingPictures07 has been killed.
You have 48 hours to lynch a baddie.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So much of what you are saying is lies. Lynch all liars.

Lucky guess lie.
Me being mean to people lie.
People giving me a pass blatant lie. How many times I have been reprimanded or called out for my play. I have never been as rude as you are now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:I'd rather not bring other people into it but it has to be said that you were giving Glorfindel a really hard time in Mad Max when he was (and still is, as am I for what it's worth) going through a very, very hard time already. You demand sensitivity from other people but never even attempt to return it. So I have no sympathy for however you may be feeling right now.
What! The fuck.

I was scum hunting and he was bad. I didn't even say anything mean to him.

Return to “Previous Jobs”