Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 101

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 3]

Post by Epignosis »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Epi, what do you think of the point I brought up against Boomslang?
Boomslang voted Wilgy on his own when BR already had four votes, so he truly didn't oppose a Black Rock lynch. He didn't try to save her but he didn't try to lynch her either. None of that really means anything to me.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Nachomamma8 »

The more significant point was Wigly suspicion coming out of nowhere and Quin suspicion dropping out of nowhere.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

a2thezebra - Like that the entire purpose of his posts seem to be to cause conflict; I liked his reaction to the Golden kill. This townread is light; haven't played with him before, no idea what he looks like when bad so I don't really have a reference on whether he'd be reluctant to draw spotlight or not.
Boomslang - Liked his scumread on Quin earlier. Didn't like his interactions with Black Rock and don't like how the Quin read disappeared; I think that bringing up Wigly as an alternative to Black Rock was a bit opportunistic (an easy enough target that it might actually go through) and shows bad progression (where did the Quin read go), but this theory is weakened by him not going for the counterwagon Zebra when it popped up. I'm considering voting here today.
Dr. Wilgy - Pretty okay with his posting so far; am guessing/hoping that he's read his role PM at this point, but the fact that it's possible that he doesn't know what alignment he is means that he's always available for a lynch.
Epignosis - Like the conviction he pressed MP with, liked the conviction displayed when he thought that the pirates missed a night kill. I also like how he said that there were probably bussers on the Black Rock wagon after she got lynched and urged people to look for him; seems like an odd play for scum who was looking for a good chunk of town cred after that scum flip in particular. Strongest town read.
Long Con - Think he is town, mostly due to gut so far. I think the reasons Golden pointed out for him to be town based on his role speculation make sense, I liked his suspicion of MP based on the buddying tell and how he explained it; seemed genuine to me.
MacDougall - Seemed genuine very early. That was a long time ago, looking forward to him producing some content down the road.
Metalmarsh89 - Been townreading him for the entire game, don't really have concrete reasons off the top of my head (although I'm sure I could figure it out with an ISO) but I've liked his tone this game.
motel room 2.0 - Liked his entry, but nothing exceptional.
Nijuukyugou - Probably scum; there are a few small things here and there that make me willing to give them more space to work, but I haven't seen anything strong enough to be willing to stand behind it.
Quin - Second strongest townread, also mostly a toneread but I'll explain in full why it's strengthened when I have time (probably).
Scotty - Strong town; I liked Scotty's question about the number of nightkills, I liked Scotty's process when he started thinking about me being scum, and I liked him talking about how he didn't know what a good nightkill was.
Sig - Still a scumread; didn't like the push on MP at all and don't like how he hasn't done much of anything outside of that.
Snow Dog - Strong townread; there are a few tonal reads that I can explain when I have time but think they look pretty good.
Soneji - Mostly seems reasonable, but hasn't posted anything that stands out.
Vompatti - Don't like lack of engagement, liked him more early game.

I will definitely have time to flesh some of these out in full over Night and tier them properly (although you should probably be able to guess where people stand based on the blurbs); I think the thing that stands out to me that most is Boomslang responding to the Black Rock suggestion by magicking a DrWilgy read out of nowhere and would vote there if I was able to change votes (and maybe will end up voting there if I don't have time to catch up when I get back from work today). Sig vote isn't far behind, but I also wouldn't protest a vote on anyone that isn't explicitly a townread.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Some uncharitable commentary:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Listen.

Black Rock has two posts. That's it. If she's good, she isn't doing anything to find Mafia. If she's bad, bingo.

Couple that with the knowledge that lots of people missed Night 1 and only one person died, and again BINGO.

Stop being cute.
Ok I'll bite.
    • break;
vote(blackRock);
MM and BR have a history of killing each other, if I'm not mistaken. A teammate MM jumping behind me on an absentee BR lynch would get him in early on the BR lynch while also being sort of poetic. That's nothing MM can defend against, I don't think, but I felt it worthy of mention.

Ironically (in this scenario), one of MM's first orders of business was to joke about me throwing Black Rock under the bus.
Scotty wrote:Guys I'm at Disney land right now and am not going to do a full response to anything before EoD, so...

MP, I only skimmed your sig case but don't feel like I can make a qualified switch to sig. if he lasts after today, then I'll put into words as best I can what I think is civ about him. I'm as yet undecided there so I think I may have to vote for one of the inactives. Black rock isn't my first choice- that would maybe be boom, believe it or not. Or zebra. But.

Gotta go

Black rock
Scotty voted Black Rock saying he would rather be lynching Boomslang or zebra. What is funny here is that right after Scotty voted Black Rock (before presumably getting thrown up on by another rider), three individuals jumped on zebra. Had the timing been different, Scotty might have gotten his zebra lynch. Scotty did in fact vote for zebra Day 1, and did so when there was nearly zero chance of zebra being lynched, so Scotty abandoning that vote for Black Rock doesn't make much sense if zebra or Boomslang were truly his primary suspects.
DrWilgy wrote:Saved my teammates by voting BR.

Byyyyeeeeeeeee.
DrWilgy could have tied up the vote, but that would have been risky doings. Besides, saving an absentee teammate might not have been worth the risk. I note that Wilgy missed the Day 1 vote, so no comparison can be made.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Soneji »

In order my thoughts on each player. No quotes as doing that from my phone without multiquote is way too annoying and time consuming(please get multiquote):

a2zebra : Missed d1 entirely, only posted smilies up until partway through d2. Gives unsubstantiated scum reads on Quin and Snow dog then continues to only troll those two throughout d2, says Epi and BR are civ late in phase. Has only really harassed Mac this phase.

Zebra has had a very narrow focus this game, without giving anything to backup these reads and trolling/harassing people. His aim seems to be to distract, which as LC noted he wasn't doing d1 when the two main suspects were MP and motel room, both town.

Conclusion : Strong scum lean

Boomslang : Has had solid interactions throughout this game, with well argued cases for Quin, sig, Zebra, Wilgy. The only thing that stands out for me as a possible scum tell is him going after Wilgy over Zebra as well as the timing of that push, the latter he passed over on d1 as well in favor of voting motel room. Zebra was guilty of everything he said Wilgy was to an even higher extent, other than supposed hypocrisy. Boomslang pointed out that Golden had pushed a Zebra lynch but switched to sig and Wilgy for the rest of the day.

Conclusion : Slight scum read, changes to moderate if Zebra flips scum

Dr. Wilgy : Still don't like his post on not reading his role PM, his posts since then have only added to it. He said despite not knowing his role he would help town, yet has contributed nothing. He had the excuse of being on the chopping block in another game on d1 but on n1 he said that he died in that game and could focus on this one.

Conclusion : Strong scum lean

Epi : His ISO link gives me motel room's posts...will get back to him.

Long Con : I am pinged by how LC backed off of Wilgy based on Nacho's continued insistence on Wilgy's actions not being scummy then twisted MP's defense of his motel room vote as him putting all the blame on Nacho. LC was suspicious of MP early on claims of him buddying people but was fine with backing off of Wilgy based on Nacho's arguments when he has no reason to trust that Nacho isn't defending a scummate.

I liked how he went in on Zebra on day 2 though. Doubtful they are on same team.

Conclusion : Middling scum read, goes down to weak if Zebra flips scum

[VOTE: ] aubergine[VOTE:

Strong scum read and affects my reads on both Boomslang and Long Con.

Have to work now, will try to squeeze in more during slow periods.]
aubergine

Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Soneji, have you played with Zebra before? Is this unlike how he plays typically?
How do you think posting smilies and saying that he suspects Quin and Snow Dog for no reason will distract from a Black Rock lynch? Won't it just bring attention to Zebra...?
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 78

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 2]

Post by Vompatti »

Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I'd be surprised if either Zebra or Mac turns out bad.
Would you be a monkey's uncle?
I am rubber, you are glue.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I voted for MP k
Haven't really liked anything that I've seen coming from Vompatti lately.
omg k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Post by a2thezebra »

Soneji's reason for voting me is one of the most laughable I've ever seen and if I hadn't already voted I would OMGUS the shit out of him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Also I am a dignified lady Soneji and nacho
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Soneji, have you played with Zebra before? Is this unlike how he plays typically?
How do you think posting smilies and saying that he suspects Quin and Snow Dog for no reason will distract from a Black Rock lynch? Won't it just bring attention to Zebra...?
I have played with him before a few times, though not usually paying super close attention to him. From what I remember he can be generally silly and isn't among the most active scumhunters but I don't recall him being this uncontributive or hostile.

If attention on Zebra brings attention away from BR then yes it can be beneficial, in that it could allow for a third lynch option to win or sacrificing a weaker role for a stronger role, if zebra is just one of the Pirate goons whereas BR was Bob who had an investigation.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

a2thezebra wrote:Soneji's reason for voting me is one of the most laughable I've ever seen and if I hadn't already voted I would OMGUS the shit out of him.
I think it would be pretty easy to laugh at anyones reasons when you're used to not giving any at all.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Soneji wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Soneji's reason for voting me is one of the most laughable I've ever seen and if I hadn't already voted I would OMGUS the shit out of him.
I think it would be pretty easy to laugh at anyones reasons when you're used to not giving any at all.
Precisely.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Post by Snow Dog »

So now I state I'll probably not vote zebra I see that now votes are coming in for her! Sheesh!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:So now I state I'll probably not vote zebra I see that now votes are coming in for her! Sheesh!
Well aren't you the contrarian. If you actually suspect me and want me to be lynched, shouldn't you be happy about those votes?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

(contrarian is not an insult btw, I'm not sure why Mac took it as one)
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DrWilgy »

Y'know what...

I still think mp was bad.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:Y'know what...

I do too.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by motel room »

Speaking of
Soneji wrote:Zebra has had a very narrow focus this game, without giving anything to backup these reads and trolling/harassing people. His aim seems to be to distract, which as LC noted he wasn't doing d1 when the two main suspects were MP and motel room, both town.
How do you know MP was town?
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:

I do too.
It is feasible.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:So now I state I'll probably not vote zebra I see that now votes are coming in for her! Sheesh!
Well aren't you the contrarian. If you actually suspect me and want me to be lynched, shouldn't you be happy about those votes?
If you read back a bit you'll see that I have come to the conclusion that you are most probs not bad.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

motel room wrote:Speaking of
Soneji wrote:Zebra has had a very narrow focus this game, without giving anything to backup these reads and trolling/harassing people. His aim seems to be to distract, which as LC noted he wasn't doing d1 when the two main suspects were MP and motel room, both town.

linki - Oh okay neat.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Vompatti »

I voted for Soneji for making false claims and for voting for a confirmed civilian. :beer:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

fwiw, there is a reasonable reason I'd accept there but soneji was in the thread for a little while after I posted that and has now gone. For posterity.
Vompatti wrote:I voted for Soneji for making false claims and for voting for a confirmed civilian. :beer:
Pretty quick to pull that trigger. Also, what?
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:In the past two games, Eloh was bad, busy, and bearing it. She also killed me in both of those games. She subbed out here.

For that reason, I don't think she's bad, and I don't think motel room 2 is.
What do you think of his assertion that zebra and Mac were performing a distancing spectacle?
I don't buy it.
At the time it came out of nowhere and escalated unreasonably, felt fake. Something I could see them both having a laugh about behind the scenes. Later on feelings seemed hurt so I'm not sure if it still works.
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:

linki - Oh okay neat.
I miss Made.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

What does "I miss Made" mean?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

I don't. I had that idea in my head for some reason but yeah, all NK's are janitored on this site which I'm unused to.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:What does "I miss Made" mean?
Made, as far as I know, holds the distinction of being the only black player The Syndicate has ever known, and he was the first one I ever saw use that gif before. His birthday was the other day. Dude was funny as hell and fun to play Mafia with.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:What does "I miss Made" mean?
Made, as far as I know, holds the distinction of being the only black player The Syndicate has ever known, and he was the first one I ever saw use that gif before. His birthday was the other day. Dude was funny as hell and fun to play Mafia with.
Now you mention it the name sounds familiar. Is it possible I played with him?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Soneji wrote:
I don't. I had that idea in my head for some reason but yeah, all NK's are janitored on this site which I'm unused to.
Yeah, which even if you're scum could be legit cos there are two bad teams. Was just wondering.
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

long day, long night. Here for a few min.

Rip Mp and DF. I hope one or both of you were bad.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Epi, I knew that DFaraday died yesterday night (I have checked the nightkills), but MP dying stood out in my mind more than DFaraday dying did.
If you knew DFaraday died, then your recent posts about him make no sense.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm sorry I missed the vote. The last day of work before break was hectic. Will catch up later today. I'm voting to learn more because more information is likely a good thing.
I have my eye on DFaraday in particular; I find it odd that he popped up and had input on the night vote (which isn't indicative of alignment in any way at all) and yet hasn't really given input on anything else.
Nachomamma8 wrote:MP's ISO on DFaraday reinforces my scumread there, though; would be happy with seeing them dead today.
I read the night post. I knew that DFaraday died along with MovingPictures (hence my "all my friends are dying" post that showed I was aware of the night post). When I was catching up today (after a full night's sleep), I forgot that DFaraday was the one that died along with MP.
Even with this explanation, it makes no sense. You either knew DF was dead or you didn't. It's like peanut butter having only trace peanut butter in it. It's peanuts and butter- no grape drink in it!

I think what makes it more likely you "forgot" is that your team killed MP. And the other team killed DF.
So which team are you on?
Epignosis wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Epi, what do you think of the point I brought up against Boomslang?
Boomslang voted Wilgy on his own when BR already had four votes, so he truly didn't oppose a Black Rock lynch. He didn't try to save her but he didn't try to lynch her either. None of that really means anything to me.
To me, it enforces the idea that Boom had no conviction with his vote. Wilgy wasn't getting lynched at that point.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:Some uncharitable commentary:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Listen.

Black Rock has two posts. That's it. If she's good, she isn't doing anything to find Mafia. If she's bad, bingo.

Couple that with the knowledge that lots of people missed Night 1 and only one person died, and again BINGO.

Stop being cute.
Ok I'll bite.
    • break;
vote(blackRock);
MM and BR have a history of killing each other, if I'm not mistaken. A teammate MM jumping behind me on an absentee BR lynch would get him in early on the BR lynch while also being sort of poetic. That's nothing MM can defend against, I don't think, but I felt it worthy of mention.

Ironically (in this scenario), one of MM's first orders of business was to joke about me throwing Black Rock under the bus.
Scotty wrote:Guys I'm at Disney land right now and am not going to do a full response to anything before EoD, so...

MP, I only skimmed your sig case but don't feel like I can make a qualified switch to sig. if he lasts after today, then I'll put into words as best I can what I think is civ about him. I'm as yet undecided there so I think I may have to vote for one of the inactives. Black rock isn't my first choice- that would maybe be boom, believe it or not. Or zebra. But.

Gotta go

Black rock
Scotty voted Black Rock saying he would rather be lynching Boomslang or zebra. What is funny here is that right after Scotty voted Black Rock (before presumably getting thrown up on by another rider), three individuals jumped on zebra. Had the timing been different, Scotty might have gotten his zebra lynch. Scotty did in fact vote for zebra Day 1, and did so when there was nearly zero chance of zebra being lynched, so Scotty abandoning that vote for Black Rock doesn't make much sense if zebra or Boomslang were truly his primary suspects.
DrWilgy wrote:Saved my teammates by voting BR.

Byyyyeeeeeeeee.
DrWilgy could have tied up the vote, but that would have been risky doings. Besides, saving an absentee teammate might not have been worth the risk. I note that Wilgy missed the Day 1 vote, so no comparison can be made.
That's a good summation for us 3, but what do you read from those votes?
motel room wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Yeah, which even if you're scum could be legit cos there are two bad teams. Was just wondering.
:ponder:

Nacho and Soneji killed MP. Calling it now.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Not mny people talking about me, except Nacho calling me strong town. Me no likey. Someone hit me with a zebra stick.

Also, Mac and zebra playing patty cake with scissors a few pages ago tells me they are probably not knowingly on the same team. I think zebra is the worse of the 2 tho, with her veiled taunting for us to lynch her. I think she is a cannbial.

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Golden »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Nijuu, I wanna hear more from you. You're still on my watch list of pirate compatibilities with Soneji, Boom, Nacho and Mac.

Hey @Epi!! What do you think of the notion that other BR teammates are on my shortlist? You sorta dropped that after gunning for BR. I would think you would be excited of the prospects of nailing another.

(Unpopular opinion..): Unless your teammate BR just wanted to be thrown under the bus and you're ready to move on. It would explain how out of the multiple inactives I mentioned, you chose BR. It just seems like you either learned something via night you can't disclose in thread or you yourself are her teammate. Just so you know not every player thinks you are supertown for sniping her :grin:
For now, I do like the hunting you're doing, and I'm not looking to vote you at the present, I'm just paranoid

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

a2thezebra wrote:

I do too.
To both of you: why.

And how does that help you sort things out right now?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Do you live in America? Guns are free.

Stick to your guns.

I never don't understand the trepidation with trains forming. If that is your reasoning. If you suspect someone, why should a bunch of people (albeit 2!!) give you cold feet? That zebra called you out on this makes me feel sliiigjtly better about her.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Soneji wrote:Not fully caught up but Epi and MP would be my top suspects at the moment. MP's vote on motel room can certainly be attributed to self preservation, yet with all the time he spent making posts d1, he didn't make any push against anyone. No courage of conviction. More then that, his response to Epi's rainbow analysis was pretty blown out of proportion, a tl;dr defense against what was a pretty ridiculous analysis by Epi.

That ridiculous analysis plus him going after an inactive at this point in the game is why I suspect Epignosis. The analysis seems more like a premeditated move than having an epiphany and pursuing it with fervor, by the way in which it was written and it being on a day one that was noticeably barebones in terms of reads. Even if his general findings were true and he did happen to notice this pattern specifically, hinging on it D1 is folly. Better to let MP continue what hes doing and get him with more concrete evidence later, then let him weasel out of your weak reasoning and straighten his act.

It is possible they are both scum, one pirate, one cannibal. MP's high volume of posts certainly lend itself towards a larger chance of slipping.

[VOTE: ] aubergine
[VOTE:

Your attributing "rainbow analysis" to me troubles me more than your vote.]
aubergine
[VOTE:
I am quite sure you know I was referring to you analyzing MP' s rainbow lists and not you making one. It is called context.]
aubergine
[VOTE:

I don't know why you call his analysis ridiculous.]
aubergine
[VOTE:
It is based on equating lack of nuance in a rainbow list on a d1 with very little in the way of reads as a scum tell for MP, due to some general pattern of MP's rainbow lists having on average less nuance when hes scum, without accounting for the context in which those other rainbow lists were made compared to the ones he has made this game.]
aubergine

Epignosis wrote:[VOTE: Somebody bad voted for Black Rock. Black Rock was a prime candidate to be bussed, but there are two mafia teams. I would bet my left nut someone who voted Black Rock is bad. Maybe even two people. Don't give anybody credit for voting her.

Soneji can get lynched for his move against me. That was lazy.

Quin too because fuck that guy.

If my theory is right, then Black Rock, who was on the pirates team, missed the kill. That means the Cannibals are organized and getting shit done. The Cannibals killed Golden.

Leaving this here for now.]
aubergine
[VOTE:
Coming from the dude that went after an inactive. It hit scum but it was a blind shot.]
aubergine
[VOTE:

You sound upset.]
aubergine
[VOTE:
Would you vote Soneji today? I could very well do so.]
aubergine

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Quin wrote:A rainbow list for MP and I to have a chat about later :nicenod: . Most of these are substantiated and would ideally do with a more in depth ISO. No specific order, other than the obvious.

Nachomamma8

Boomslang
MovingPictures07
Elohcin/motel room 2.0
Scotty
metalmarsh89
DrWilgy
MacDougall

Vompatti
DFaraday
Snow Dog
nijuukyougou

Black Rock
Soneji
a2thezebra
Epignosis
sig
Long Con

@linki - I was just about to do the same thing before I went to bed. Voted sig.
Oooooh, a shiny rainbow, I love it! How the hell is Nacho still ahead of me? What do I have to do for you people? :pout: :p

I need to continue my ISO assessments this morning (they will have to wait until after teaching though), so some of these players I don't have super firm reads on. But we have some cognitive dissonance. Why slight town on MM and Wilgy? What did you think of my crappy Wilgy ISO? Why is Snow Dog a null (right?) read? I have more questions but I'll leave it at that for now.
Admittedly I might be overestimating my read of Nacho. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but his approach to the game has checked all of the townie boxes so far. His approach is a lot like mine, too - and I feel like it's more likely to be genuine going off of that.

I'm not going to make something out of Wilgy's 'I won't check my rolecard' thing which most people seem to be interpreting in a bad way, because I know the act of opening with some sort of gambit is more likely to just be a non-indicative thing. It might seem contradictory, but I'm also town-reading Wilgy based on his 'I haven't checked my role card' gambit. What I like is, specifically, the 'thing' he chose as his gambit. Suggesting he hasn't read his role card is a load of bs, there's no way he hasn't, because I don't think he's the kind of person to screw over his team for the sake of a joke, and I think he'd have chosen a less self-incriminating meme if he were bad. I haven't read your Wilgy ISO unfortunately, I will at some point when my face doesn't hurt so bad and I'll give you my thoughts then.

As for the marmot, it was a read mostly based on tone. I don't think his Black Rock vote looked bad, though - if he's bad, I don't think they're teammates at least. The lynch could have gone either way at that point, and he only tied it up, not put her in the lead.

Snow Dog was a bit of an afterthought when I made this, it just got so late. I don't feel confident putting him as a null read, since he's one of the most active posters. He deserves more attention than I've given him.

I'm mostly curious about your moderate town read for Long Con. I'll wait on your ISO before I comment further, though.

Lay more questions on me. I find in my current situation I'll be best motivated to participate when I've got someone expecting things from me. :p
I see you view Epi as a mafia read. But I also see you and Nacho share a strong town read of each other. That makes me nervous.

1: what makes Epi mafia to you, and do you have any updates reads since Br flipped?
2: is Nacho still your supatown? Or is he your super partner in crime (SPIC)?

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 100

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Quin wrote:A rainbow list for MP and I to have a chat about later :nicenod: . Most of these are substantiated and would ideally do with a more in depth ISO. No specific order, other than the obvious.

Nachomamma8

Boomslang
MovingPictures07
Elohcin/motel room 2.0
Scotty
metalmarsh89
DrWilgy
MacDougall

Vompatti
DFaraday
Snow Dog
nijuukyougou

Black Rock
Soneji
a2thezebra
Epignosis
sig
Long Con

@linki - I was just about to do the same thing before I went to bed. Voted sig.
Oooooh, a shiny rainbow, I love it! How the hell is Nacho still ahead of me? What do I have to do for you people? :pout: :p

I need to continue my ISO assessments this morning (they will have to wait until after teaching though), so some of these players I don't have super firm reads on. But we have some cognitive dissonance. Why slight town on MM and Wilgy? What did you think of my crappy Wilgy ISO? Why is Snow Dog a null (right?) read? I have more questions but I'll leave it at that for now.
Admittedly I might be overestimating my read of Nacho. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but his approach to the game has checked all of the townie boxes so far. His approach is a lot like mine, too - and I feel like it's more likely to be genuine going off of that.

I'm not going to make something out of Wilgy's 'I won't check my rolecard' thing which most people seem to be interpreting in a bad way, because I know the act of opening with some sort of gambit is more likely to just be a non-indicative thing. It might seem contradictory, but I'm also town-reading Wilgy based on his 'I haven't checked my role card' gambit. What I like is, specifically, the 'thing' he chose as his gambit. Suggesting he hasn't read his role card is a load of bs, there's no way he hasn't, because I don't think he's the kind of person to screw over his team for the sake of a joke, and I think he'd have chosen a less self-incriminating meme if he were bad. I haven't read your Wilgy ISO unfortunately, I will at some point when my face doesn't hurt so bad and I'll give you my thoughts then.

As for the marmot, it was a read mostly based on tone. I don't think his Black Rock vote looked bad, though - if he's bad, I don't think they're teammates at least. The lynch could have gone either way at that point, and he only tied it up, not put her in the lead.

Snow Dog was a bit of an afterthought when I made this, it just got so late. I don't feel confident putting him as a null read, since he's one of the most active posters. He deserves more attention than I've given him.

I'm mostly curious about your moderate town read for Long Con. I'll wait on your ISO before I comment further, though.

Lay more questions on me. I find in my current situation I'll be best motivated to participate when I've got someone expecting things from me. :p
I see you view Epi as a mafia read. But I also see you and Nacho share a strong town read of each other. That makes me nervous.

1: what makes Epi mafia to you, and do you have any updates reads since Br flipped?
2: is Nacho still your supatown? Or is he your super partner in crime (SPIC)?
I had Epi as a mafia read, that was before BR flipped. I made a post updating my Epi read in light of her flip if you want to go back and read that. I view the idea of a bus between them to be unnecessary.

Nacho's among my strongest reads fo sho. You think I'm super too? Aww, shucks.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Quin wrote:
sig wrote:I need to go to bed for real now, did a quick read over of Boom's post they don't look bad.

I'd like some opinions on quin? I had an early ping on him and I disliked his day 1 vote, but from there I haven't had time to read over his stuff in depth. I also disliked the fact that Quin had both me and Epi pegged as mafia along with BK, he votes for me bringing me closer to BK in votes and is still smearing Epi.

Tell me why my case against you or Epi was disingenuous. I don't get the rest of whatever point you're trying to make.

Your case boiled down to Epi going after low posters, however you had BK a low poster at the same rainbow list level as Epi.

After BK flips his opinion of Epi changes.

Why is this suspicious?

You seemed to be playing both sides of the argument and remaining neutral in case BK didn't get lynched. So you could pursue Epi, but also wouldn't look to bad if BK flipped mafia.

There is the potential of some bussing here, he didn't jump on the BK wagon but he had her down as a mafia lean.

I had multiple people as a mafia lean. You and Epi were the only ones I'd made proper cases on. Obviously my vote was going to one of the two of you. There was no Black Rock wagon either. I believe she only had one vote at the time.

However, I find it odd he had her down as mafia read along with both myself and Epi.

Tell me why you find this odd.

Becuase it seems like you're playing both sides, I've done this multiple times as mafia myself.
He also defended BK by saying we shouldn't target lurkers and used that as his reasoning agaisnt Epi.

I didn't defend anyone; I specifically accused.

In not wanting to go after low posters you defended BK who was a low poster, you also thought Epi was mafia since he went after a low poster, so you did kind off defend BK.

In fact the more I think about Quin being a baddie the more logical it seems. I'll attempt to do a real ISO of him tomorrow.

I could see my vote going to Quin or Zebra.
I dislike how Quin defended BK, while at the same time he had her down as a mafia lean. This seems like a very mafiish thing to do. I wouldn't be surprised if Quin was mafia at this point.
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 100

Post by Quin »

sig wrote:
Quin wrote:
sig wrote:I need to go to bed for real now, did a quick read over of Boom's post they don't look bad.

I'd like some opinions on quin? I had an early ping on him and I disliked his day 1 vote, but from there I haven't had time to read over his stuff in depth. I also disliked the fact that Quin had both me and Epi pegged as mafia along with BK, he votes for me bringing me closer to BK in votes and is still smearing Epi.

Tell me why my case against you or Epi was disingenuous. I don't get the rest of whatever point you're trying to make.

Your case boiled down to Epi going after low posters, however you had BK a low poster at the same rainbow list level as Epi.

My case boiled down to to Epi rejecting three probable reasons that might have accounted for a missed NK to go after low posters. Why is BR being orange on my rainbow list relevant? You haven't asked what my reason for placing her as I did either, you've simply jumped to the conclusion that it's because she's a low poster and that it somehow discredits my case against Epi.

After BK flips his opinion of Epi changes.

Why is this suspicious?

You seemed to be playing both sides of the argument and remaining neutral in case BK didn't get lynched. So you could pursue Epi, but also wouldn't look to bad if BK flipped mafia.

Er, no. I explicitly stated before the lynch that I would be voting either you or Epi, and afterwards I stated exactly why my suspicion of Epi changed. I did not even provide my thoughts on BR beyond the rainbow list.

There is the potential of some bussing here, he didn't jump on the BK wagon but he had her down as a mafia lean.

I had multiple people as a mafia lean. You and Epi were the only ones I'd made proper cases on. Obviously my vote was going to one of the two of you. There was no Black Rock wagon either. I believe she only had one vote at the time.

However, I find it odd he had her down as mafia read along with both myself and Epi.

Tell me why you find this odd.

Becuase it seems like you're playing both sides, I've done this multiple times as mafia myself.

Point out exactly where I did this.

He also defended BK by saying we shouldn't target lurkers and used that as his reasoning agaisnt Epi.

I didn't defend anyone; I specifically accused.

In not wanting to go after low posters you defended BK who was a low poster, you also thought Epi was mafia since he went after a low poster, so you did kind off defend BK.

I didn't care whether Black Rock was lynched or not. At the time I wanted you or Epi lynched more. Give me an explicit post where I said 'don't lynch Black Rock'.

In fact the more I think about Quin being a baddie the more logical it seems. I'll attempt to do a real ISO of him tomorrow.

I could see my vote going to Quin or Zebra.
I dislike how Quin defended BK, while at the same time he had her down as a mafia lean. This seems like a very mafiish thing to do. I wouldn't be surprised if Quin was mafia at this point.

you're so bad man it hurts
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Scotty you are aware that there are two scum teams right? Even if I was part of one and killed MP, I wouldn't know if he was town or part of the other scum team. Promoting MP as town wouldn't be in my best interest either, given my suspicion on him d2.

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Scotty wrote:Not mny people talking about me, except Nacho calling me strong town. Me no likey. Someone hit me with a zebra stick.

Also, Mac and zebra playing patty cake with scissors a few pages ago tells me they are probably not knowingly on the same team. I think zebra is the worse of the 2 tho, with her veiled taunting for us to lynch her. I think she is a cannbial.
I think you're ok. I think you're having fun at least, which for most people makes you good.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Soneji wrote:Scotty you are aware that there are two scum teams right? Even if I was part of one and killed MP, I wouldn't know if he was town or part of the other scum team. Promoting MP as town wouldn't be in my best interest either, given my suspicion on him d2.
Right. But you guys killed DFaraday, cos killing MP matches the team that killed Goldens m.o.
ImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

motel room wrote:
Soneji wrote:Scotty you are aware that there are two scum teams right? Even if I was part of one and killed MP, I wouldn't know if he was town or part of the other scum team. Promoting MP as town wouldn't be in my best interest either, given my suspicion on him d2.
Right. But you guys killed DFaraday, cos killing MP matches the team that killed Goldens m.o.
I'm not scum so I haven't killed anyone.

That team has no respect for the unspoken rules of honor that you don't target high tier players early. Might be indicative of then not having any high tiers themselves.

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Soneji wrote:
motel room wrote:
I'm not scum so I haven't killed anyone.

That team has no respect for the unspoken rules of honor that you don't target high tier players early. Might be indicative of then not having any high tiers themselves.
Just busting your balls.
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Scotty wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

I do too.
To both of you: why.

And how does that help you sort things out right now?
MP gave me a soft baddie read. If he was civ, he would have given me a hard baddie read at the time. He was disingenuous and bad.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I already said that by the way but since you clearly have no interest in evaluating my alignment based on my own actual content, there you go.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

This is civ sig all the way.

How do I know?

Because I'm reading him as bad and I've literally never been right about him.

Return to “Previous Jobs”