[END] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Which game will be next in my Heist TV Sitcom series? You decide! Pick 1 or 2.

Friends (Sockpuppets)
12%
Friends (Regular Accounts)
12%
Malcolm in the Middle (Sockpuppets)
6%
Malcolm in the Middle (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Scrubs (Sockpuppets)
12%
Scrubs (Regular Accounts)
No votes
Seinfeld (Sockpuppets)
35%
Seinfeld (Regular Accounts)
12%
No preference / Placeholder
12%

Total votes: 17
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 64

Re: [DAY 1] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by The Dry Flood »

Leslie Knope wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote: That's...actually a really good point.

Can anyone else in the thread confirm that they have a role that doesn't fit into either 1 or C?

If no one else can disprove her claim, and I can't believe I'm about to say this, April Ludgate seems both trustworthy and legitimate.
I was looking through Ron's posts so I can gather all of the ones I find suspicious in one place, when I found this.

It appears as though Ben is attempting to get other people to out themselves. It's possible that he was unaware that that was what he was doing, but I think it deserves a second look.
Again I don't think this assertion makes sense under the circumstances if you believe that I am the miller. If Ben is a baddie, then that means he already has the setup narrowed down to two possibilities from the start of the game, and the miller is one of them (meaning my claim confirms the true setup for him). That means he would know that no civilians have roles outside the 1 or C setups, thus implying he couldn't be trying to lure power roleclaims out from people outside the 1 or C setups.

He can still be bad in this scenario, but it'd have to mean he was deliberately asking for claims that he knew didn't exist just for show.
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 103

Re: [DAY 2] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by November »

Leslie just admited she knew the setup was between two options BEFORE april said anythig
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Re: [DAY 1] Parks and Recreation Mafia

Post by 1337 »

Leslie Knope wrote:
Ben Wyatt wrote: That's...actually a really good point.

Can anyone else in the thread confirm that they have a role that doesn't fit into either 1 or C?

If no one else can disprove her claim, and I can't believe I'm about to say this, April Ludgate seems both trustworthy and legitimate.
I was looking through Ron's posts so I can gather all of the ones I find suspicious in one place, when I found this.

It appears as though Ben is attempting to get other people to out themselves. It's possible that he was unaware that that was what he was doing, but I think it deserves a second look.

As far as me "doubling down" on Ron as someone put it, I just found it incredibly suspicious that he so readily accepted that April is the Miller. Also, his assumption that the mafia didn't have BTSC on day 1 made it look like he was attempting to hide the fact that they did. While there was nothing explicitly written in the rules (from what I remember) saying that they did, there was also nothing saying that they didn't.
I never "readily accepted" anything. What I recall was saying that we are in a situation in which a counter-claim would be best required, otherwise both the cop (with his checks) or us (with the lynch) would be gambling to test April's claim. You also seem to suffer from Perkins' syndrome to single me out (must be the moustache) for even remotely wanting to canoe down this path until somehow the claim is proven to be false. There must have been at least a few others saying they'd take it at face value for now.

My assumption was also an exercise in projecting how a baddie April could have behaved in that out of the starting blocks circumstances. Nonetheless, your accusation was fitted for your "Ron is trying to give April credibility as a teammate" scenario, which right now is basically busted. It makes far less sense to try to reword that or keep it on me being nefarious.
Leslie Knope wrote:I also don't like how both Ron and Andy accused me of not trying to be helpful with nothing to back that up
I did back it up. You are pushing this into contrarianism. I didn't know you became a libertarian.
Leslie Knope wrote: Andy's attacks on me persist and we have gotten in an endless cycle of accusing each other because he singled me out for no apparent reason.
You are deflecting everything at this point in the silliest ways.

I like how you also skid past your gambling fudge. How in the devil's name would you know there is a Godfather, again?

linki: Let me speak, son.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Andy Dwyer wrote:Leslie just admited she knew the setup was between two options BEFORE april said anythig
Show me this. I see reasons to lynch Leslie, but I don't see a blatant slip. The 50/50 conversation doesn't imply she had early knowledge unless I am reading it incorrectly.
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

hwo does she know the baddies had a godfather to make that 5050 choice
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Andy Dwyer wrote:hwo does she know the baddies had a godfather to make that 5050 choice
ANDY! I need you to show me where she showed that she knew about a godfather earlier than she was supposed to.
Golden
Marmot
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Thundercat »

Ron Swanson wrote:
Donna Meagle wrote:I thought I had been doing that April, but I will try again with less role play.

I feel pretty great about you, Ron and Ben being on the side of good.
To a lesser extent I would say Ann and Leslie.
Chris and Jerry round out the middle of the pack for me.
J-R's posts hurt my head.
I have growing concerns about Tommy one post as well as Chris's fixation with "evil Leslie."
Jamm and Bobby have dropped off the face of the Earth so hard that I forgot about them until I looked at the list. That's never good, but it's the holiday weekend so I hope they come back around.
There is no Chris fixation with "evil Leslie".

But since you mention Chris:

What. Do people. Think. About. Him.

Andy not Chris. Morning Meagle is not quite right till her hair is done and her makeup on. :(

As for Chris, he is blendy. He posts a lot, but I'm having a difficult time remembering what he is saying off the top of my head. Excellent role playing though.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Taking a gamble to guess which of eight setups we're in is not a 50/50 gamble.
They know who the Godfather is, and choosing between 2 options is a 50/50 gamble.
This means leslie knows that there is a godfather.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Andy Dwyer wrote:
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Taking a gamble to guess which of eight setups we're in is not a 50/50 gamble.
They know who the Godfather is, and choosing between 2 options is a 50/50 gamble.
This means leslie knows that there is a godfather.
That came after my claim though?
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

is she not justifying why they would make a claim BEFORE yours

she's saying hwy you'd lie
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

[quote="Donna Meagle]

Andy not Chris. Morning Meagle is not quite right till her hair is done and her makeup on. :(

As for Chris, he is blendy. He posts a lot, but I'm having a difficult time remembering what he is saying off the top of my head. Excellent role playing though.[/quote]

Thank you Donna, but I was trying to lure other people into talking. When you're done checking your Bloosh, can you send a fax to everyone who hasn't chimed in, please and thank you.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Andy Dwyer wrote:is she not justifying why they would make a claim BEFORE yours

I think I see what you're saying. Sort of.

With Craig's role revealed and my claim it is obvious there's a godfather. That doesn't make sense if I'm lying though.
Golden
Marmot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

April Ludgate wrote:

With Craig's role revealed and my claim it is obvious there's a godfather. That doesn't make sense if I'm lying though.
Actually, if Andrew could focus and write a complete elaborate sentence for once in his life, I would still ask him to clarify, because I'm starting to lose the thread. Upon reading back Leslie's thoughts on the 50/50 thing, there may have been a misunderstanding after all. So I'm close to rescinding my finger wag on that.

From the mafia perspective, unless they drew Jack of all Trades, then yes, the role would allow them to speculate down to two separate setups.

Problem remains it is a very poor theory on why April would be bad and attempt to claim Miller. The real Miller would have torched her in this situation with ease, faster than I can heat up metal.

Hence, it is a very poor attempt to still explain why we should keep doubt on April, at this stage.
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Thundercat »

I hear ya Ron. Concider this a fax.

Vote = Jamm.

I will try to be back closer to vote end to see if more develops. But the office is about to be crazier than a night at the snakehole lounge soon. :(
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Echo »

Jeremy Jamm is here! To attempt to catch up,
First off I disagree with anything and everything Knope said,
Second Ron should be lynched for punching me,
Third I want a bigger office.

Expect a few posts throughout the day. I do want to point out April outing herself caused the death of our cop, I wouldn't mind seeing her get lynched in case she is the mafia. Why would a civ do such a thing? Also until our miller flips we don't even know if it is in the set up 100% we also don't know if April is the miller or the godfather do we?
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Jeremy Jamm wrote:Jeremy Jamm is here! To attempt to catch up,

Expect a few posts throughout the day. I do want to point out April outing herself caused the death of our cop, I wouldn't mind seeing her get lynched in case she is the mafia. Why would a civ do such a thing? Also until our miller flips we don't even know if it is in the set up 100% we also don't know if April is the miller or the godfather do we?
Blaming me for the cop's death is nonsense. This post is awful.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

I don't see any Night 0 peek in Craig's post unless it was me.

It'd be kind of hilarious if his peek was the miller.
Golden
Marmot
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I'd like to hear what Leslie to say given her Ron & April nonsense at the late hours of the late phase, in light of the flip and what it says about April. Bunch of nothing throughout the phase, AWOL for 42 hours and then comes in, having drunk apparently from the same bottle of cheap Bud as Ann.
It was less than 24 hours.

I don't think it changes much. It makes me slightly more sure that I can trust her, but I still don't trust you, Ron. There are two reasons I'm still alive at this point: 1. Craig outed himself. 2. One or more of my accusations (you, April, Andy) was correct and killing me would have only raised more suspicions.
Ron Swanson wrote:
Andy Dwyer wrote:guys
leslie
bill
ron
You have two civilians on that list, one of whom is dead.
That's very interesting, Ron. I'm a vanilla townie, and I think you know that.

My top suspects at the moment are Ron and Andy - two of my best friends. I'm also keeping an eye on Jerry. I'm sure this is his fault somehow. Even if he hasn't directly killed anyone.

So you weren't killed since someone you called out was mafia. :ponder:
Why would they have killed you anyway, and would it really have been looked into?

linki: Also kinda unlikely, or you could be the godfather. :shrug:
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

April Ludgate wrote:

You claimed one of the two town roles the other being the cop with no defensive role, you also pushed to try to figure out the set up we're in. So yeah it kinda is your fault.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Ron Swanson wrote:
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Really?

From Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:45 pm
Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:46 pm

Result: 1 day, 6 hours, 1 minute and 0 seconds

Guess it proves somewhere in the middle of what I said and what you said, but still nowhere near your "wasn't gone for a day".
Time between posts. I got caught up as soon as I got home Tuesday and almost missed the vote.
I'm afraid thread time is the only one that matters. You were AWOL from the thread.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:He did? *frowns* Well, I guess that is true, in the sense that the mafia might have figured him out. So are you saying you are mafia?
I fail to see how you got there. I'm a vanilla townie.
Then how can you claim with certainty that Craig "outed himself"?
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Speculative. Besides, the mafia just pinpointed and killed off the town cop. I don't think that tells us they're worried about using gloves in this game.
Killing me would have made sense if I were entirely off-base, because it would have made you, April, and Andy look guilty if you're all civvies.
Still speculative.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Besides, don't you change your narrative now, Knope. You said "Ron and April are plotting together". Now it's "maybe not April, but still Ron"? Why? Also, what would it be required for you to be slightly more than "slightly more sure" that you can trust April?
There's still a possibility that the mafia took a 50/50 gamble on what setup we're in and had her claim Miller knowing that if it paid off, the only way to prove that were either good or bad would be to lynch her. While it seems unlikely, it's still possible.
Taking a gamble to guess which of eight setups we're in is not a 50/50 gamble.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
I know what I am, so that was simple math. I wish I could trust you to be town as well, but at this stage, I cannot.
What it looked like to me is Andy making another attempt to tee me up so you can knock me out of the park.
That's not the point, nor was it in your earlier reply. I had already ridiculed Andy's list because it had a dead civilian on it.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Leslie Knope wrote: My top suspects at the moment are Ron and Andy - two of my best friends. I'm also keeping an eye on Jerry. I'm sure this is his fault somehow. Even if he hasn't directly killed anyone.
Defense mode. Noted.
Defense mode? Nobody has cast a vote for me this time, despite Andy's attempts. What am I defending from? It looks to me like you're in defense mode.
From suspicions. People can be defensive at them as well.
Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:What's wrong with me looking at your post? I deem it suspicious, should I not? And foremost, I dismissed it as nonsense.
It doesn't bother me that you looked at the post. What bothered me is that you dismissed it as nonsense without addressing any of my points.

And other than being obviously manipulative, what points have you made?
Access link "In topic", below my profile picture, then read... pretty much everything.
It would be 50/50 if they had the godfather narrowing it down to two.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Jeremy Jamm wrote:linki: Also kinda unlikely, or you could be the godfather. :shrug:
If I'm the godfather then someone else is the miller. Are you the miller?
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Ron Swanson wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:

Actually, if Andrew could focus and write a complete elaborate sentence for once in his life, I would still ask him to clarify, because I'm starting to lose the thread. Upon reading back Leslie's thoughts on the 50/50 thing, there may have been a misunderstanding after all. So I'm close to rescinding my finger wag on that.

From the mafia perspective, unless they drew Jack of all Trades, then yes, the role would allow them to speculate down to two separate setups.

Problem remains it is a very poor theory on why April would be bad and attempt to claim Miller. The real Miller would have torched her in this situation with ease, faster than I can heat up metal.

Hence, it is a very poor attempt to still explain why we should keep doubt on April, at this stage.
RON-NIE SWAN

:biggrin:

ok so i'm thinking here's the deal:
leslie is bad
leslie is trying to lynch/cast doubt on april right?
ok so what i'm thinking is that
leslie says it was 50/50 if april is lying because they already know who the godfather is
but that pre-supposes there is a god father.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

How is she mafia?

If we're in C and April is not the miller, how has her false claim not been blown apart yet?
Same question, really, if we're in 4.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Jeremy Jamm wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:

You claimed one of the two town roles the other being the cop with no defensive role, you also pushed to try to figure out the set up we're in. So yeah it kinda is your fault.
No. Nonsense. My miller claim did not expose the cop. The cop's posts are the cop's responsibility. You either don't understand this setup or you are bullshitting.
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

SO
if leslie is presupposing there is a godfather as justification for why april would post that... it seems that LESLIE KNEW there is a godfather all along.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

[quote="Andy Dwyer]RON-NIE SWAN

:biggrin:

ok so i'm thinking here's the deal:
leslie is bad
leslie is trying to lynch/cast doubt on april right?
ok so what i'm thinking is that
leslie says it was 50/50 if april is lying because they already know who the godfather is
but that pre-supposes there is a god father.[/quote]

No, Andrew, I said complete and elaborate sentences.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

and either way the mafia would come out on top, since there would be a cop in any three possible set ups, narrowed to two if they had the godfather which I believe they do.

All I'm saying is it makes no sense what so ever for April to do what she did, it stinks as bad as Knope having a bigger office. Speaking of Knope I'd like her to clarify her paranoia.

We're assuming we have an active miller or a miller who would role claim. It is very small yes, however it isn't impossible that she is mafia.

I'm leaning towards a Knope lynch right now, but might look a little deeper into a few players if time permits. I'm very very busy after all running my orthodontist firm and being the best city council member.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

What in God's name is wrong with the quotes? Let me get my toolbox.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Jeremy Jamm wrote:and either way the mafia would come out on top, since there would be a cop in any three possible set ups, narrowed to two if they had the godfather which I believe they do.

All I'm saying is it makes no sense what so ever for April to do what she did
Everything you are saying is objectively wrong. The only thing my miller claim did for the baddies was allow them to narrow the setup to one possibility. It simultaneously allowed town to narrow it down to two possibilities. The baddies went from 2 to 1 (halving the possibilities), and the townies went from 8 to 2 (quartering the possibilities). Both godfather setups feature a cop, and both miller setups feature a cop. No matter how you arrange the roles within the concept you're discussing, the baddies know there's a cop.

Unless the baddies were just lucky on Night 1, they found the cop because of the cop's posts. They didn't find the cop because of me. To smear me for that is suspicious on its own power, and to imply that my miller claim is fake at this point is just plain silly. Even some alternative miller who is afraid of claiming for some reason would still be voicing suspicion of me for being an obvious liar... so that leaves you right now.

Again I ask: are you the miller?
Golden
Marmot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

If there is a Miller that is not April, it is beyond my comprehension why they wouldn't counter-claim to expose April, at this stage or any other. It would raise the potential of going into the next phase with one mafia down. Braver men have sacrificed themselves for a lot less, in this country.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

April Ludgate wrote:
Jeremy Jamm wrote:and either way the mafia would come out on top, since there would be a cop in any three possible set ups, narrowed to two if they had the godfather which I believe they do.

All I'm saying is it makes no sense what so ever for April to do what she did
Everything you are saying is objectively wrong. The only thing my miller claim did for the baddies was allow them to narrow the setup to one possibility. It simultaneously allowed town to narrow it down to two possibilities. The baddies went from 2 to 1 (halving the possibilities), and the townies went from 8 to 2 (quartering the possibilities). Both godfather setups feature a cop, and both miller setups feature a cop. No matter how you arrange the roles within the concept you're discussing, the baddies know there's a cop.

Unless the baddies were just lucky on Night 1, they found the cop because of the cop's posts. They didn't find the cop because of me. To smear me for that is suspicious on its own power, and to imply that my miller claim is fake at this point is just plain silly. Even some alternative miller who is afraid of claiming for some reason would still be voicing suspicion of me for being an obvious liar... so that leaves you right now.

Again I ask: are you the miller?
I'm not the miller and you're probably right, I still am suspicious though, however it is something to put on hold. I'd like to hear from Knope her posts have been pingy. Besides that the game has been rather slow so far, not many posts and most are more about roleplaying then game solving.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Also, to say it "makes no sense whatsoever" for me to claim my miller role in my first post as a civ is to discount some pretty obvious stuff. Apart from the setup reduction, why else did I do it?

> It prevents the cop from wasting an ID on me and narrows their pool of possible selections, because he/she already knows I'll show up as mafia whether I really am or not.

> It prevents a giant mess from erupting later in the game if I am ID'd and hadn't already claimed. In that scenario, I am almost certainly mislynched and the cop is exposed for nothing.

Claiming miller in one's first post is very typical. There's a reason I did it.
Golden
Marmot
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Towny McTownface »

I was saying that the mafia would know off the bat if they had a godfather, and they would have a 50/50 shot at guessing whether or not there was a miller. If there were a miller, then there would be no way of definitively proving it or who is was unless the miller died. All we know is that the town cop w/n0 check died and that there's a chance April has been telling the truth. Also, there's a chance she isn't.

Unless I missed something, and please feel free to tell me if I did, only the mafia (and April, if she's not one of them) know for sure which setup we're in. They either have a godfather or a 1 shot vigilante, and they know what roles are in play and which ones aren't. From the information we have, we're either in C or 4.

Vote for me if you want, but we'll just be down another civvie and you're all going to spend the next day pointing fingers at each other.

I admit my reasoning this morning (vis a vis I'm alive therefore I was correct) didn't exactly make sense, but we're running out of time to find suspects.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutellaphant »

Jerry Gergich wrote:Oh geez, I can't believe Craig is dead. That's so sad! You know, when I'm feeling a little down, my beautiful wife and daughters always cheer me up. But right now all I really want to do is find the killer. Ben was awful quick to get in here after the kill. I wonder if he was expecting it.
I'm sorry Jerry, not everyone is as inactive as you. Also, what possible incentive do members of the mafia have for showing up at the beginning of the day phase? It's not like they have to send in the kill five minutes before the end of the night. You do understand the game of mafia, don't you Jerry?
Jerry Gergich wrote:Looking at these files all day, I have to say that I think the killer is someone who posts a lot, and that it's very likely that at least one voter for Bill was bad. Cross referencing the two leads me to Ben, Ann, Chris, or Ron. Ron is just such a great guy, and after reading some more of his posts, I think I have to trust him for now.

That means I think we should lynch Ben, Ann, or Chris. Ann used the word "interesting" in her second post of the game, which to me always seems like a fluff word that doesn't say anything but appears to say something, so she is definitely on my radar.
Jerry, most of your posts are fluff that doesn't say anything but appears to say something. You have this bizarre theory based on nothing which says that low posters are inherently less suspicious than high posters. This just seems like a massive generalization which excuses yourself and gives you a few easy targets to lazily swat at. Then you zero in on Ann saying "interesting," which is yet another thing you've decided is a scumtell.

Frankly, I don't know why you're on my tail, Jerry. And the same goes for you too Tom.
Tom Haverford wrote:I'm about half caught up on what I should and am totes voting Ben.

His style is garbage and he probably is taking it out on others, so lets get him outa here.
Was this just a random throwaway vote for funsies, or do you have an actual "thing" against me?
Ann Perkins wrote:I find it kind of strange how 2 active players, Craig & Ben, haven't interacted at all the entire game so far. Maybe they have another day chat they can communicate in ho-hummm
HEY CRAIG, HOW'S IT GOING? I'M DOING GOOD.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Leslie Knope wrote:I was saying that the mafia would know off the bat if they had a godfather, and they would have a 50/50 shot at guessing whether or not there was a miller. If there were a miller, then there would be no way of definitively proving it or who is was unless the miller died. All we know is that the town cop w/n0 check died and that there's a chance April has been telling the truth. Also, there's a chance she isn't.

Unless I missed something, and please feel free to tell me if I did, only the mafia (and April, if she's not one of them) know for sure which setup we're in. They either have a godfather or a 1 shot vigilante, and they know what roles are in play and which ones aren't. From the information we have, we're either in C or 4.

Vote for me if you want, but we'll just be down another civvie and you're all going to spend the next day pointing fingers at each other.

I admit my reasoning this morning (vis a vis I'm alive therefore I was correct) didn't exactly make sense, but we're running out of time to find suspects.
Which quiet people worry you?
Golden
Marmot
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Off the top of my head, Tom. He's posted twice. Once about frying turkeys and once about voting for Ben. IIRC the post about voting for Ben was based entirely on nothing.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Leslie Knope wrote:I was saying that the mafia would know off the bat if they had a godfather, and they would have a 50/50 shot at guessing whether or not there was a miller. If there were a miller, then there would be no way of definitively proving it or who is was unless the miller died. All we know is that the town cop w/n0 check died and that there's a chance April has been telling the truth. Also, there's a chance she isn't.
Yes, if there's a miller and it's not April, that role would keep just quiet about it.
Leslie Knope wrote: Unless I missed something, and please feel free to tell me if I did, only the mafia (and April, if she's not one of them) know for sure which setup we're in. They either have a godfather or a 1 shot vigilante, and they know what roles are in play and which ones aren't. From the information we have, we're either in C or 4.
Yes, if we're in 4 instead of C, the civilian role who is planned to blow up at any point would just keep quiet about April's claim being impossible.

Honest to God, Knope.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Leslie Knope wrote:Off the top of my head, Tom. He's posted twice. Once about frying turkeys and once about voting for Ben. IIRC the post about voting for Ben was based entirely on nothing.
I agree, his vote for Ben was weak. Do you think a mafia team comprised of players like Tom is likely to notice Craig as the cop?
Golden
Marmot
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Leslie Knope wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I'd like to hear what Leslie to say given her Ron & April nonsense at the late hours of the late phase, in light of the flip and what it says about April. Bunch of nothing throughout the phase, AWOL for 42 hours and then comes in, having drunk apparently from the same bottle of cheap Bud as Ann.
It was less than 24 hours.

I don't think it changes much. It makes me slightly more sure that I can trust her, but I still don't trust you, Ron. There are two reasons I'm still alive at this point: 1. Craig outed himself. 2. One or more of my accusations (you, April, Andy) was correct and killing me would have only raised more suspicions.

Leslie, I love you, but that's a dumb thing to say. Have you been hitting the Snake Juice again?
Jeremy Jamm wrote:
April Ludgate wrote:

April already did a great job at poking holes in Jamm's assumptions here, so I'm not gonna retread this ground. But still...I know Jamm and logic were never particularly close even in the best of times, but this is kind of ridiculous.

My top suspect right now is Jerry, but I could be easily talked into going with Leslie or Jamm. Both seem to ignore logic in favor of grand sweeping self-congratulatory declarations.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

This is everything Tom has said:
Tom Haverford wrote:Ok, so I'm not saying I had more important things than finding out who is murdering people, but I had something to take care of.

I call it "Dunk-a-Gobbler." Imagine all the fun of a dunking booth, but instead of water you use hot oil, and instead of a person you use a turkey. Just perfect for any thanksgiving occasion.
Tom Haverford wrote:I'm about half caught up on what I should and am totes voting Ben.

His style is garbage and he probably is taking it out on others, so lets get him outa here.
About half caught up and totes voting Ben.

This is everything Jerry has said:
Jerry Gergich wrote:Hey guys, I'm here! I was late because I dropped my laptop in my soup. Butterfingers!
Jerry Gergich wrote:Gosh, you are all so nice. I don't want to lynch any of you. But Ben and Chris are new around here, and Ben seems to be trying a little too hard, plus he didn't cry at L'il Sebastian's funeral, and he also made me play Cones of Dunshire with him.

Sorry Ben.
Jerry Gergich wrote:Oh geez, I can't believe Craig is dead. That's so sad! You know, when I'm feeling a little down, my beautiful wife and daughters always cheer me up. But right now all I really want to do is find the killer. Ben was awful quick to get in here after the kill. I wonder if he was expecting it.
Jerry Gergich wrote:I agree with most of what April has said. She seems like a sweet kid. I will try to do a better job of posting more. I just get so forgetful. Chris would probably be my next suspect after Ben, as he shares the trying too hard vibe and helped kill the cop.
Jerry Gergich wrote:I sure wonder why anyone would want to kill poor Craig. He barely posted, and only said nice things about April. If April was mafia, it could make sense for her to kill a defender, but nothing she has posted makes me think she would be so evil. I like to believe the best in people. Most likely it was a low poster kill designed to leave no clues at all. I guess I'd better step up my own game if I don't want the same thing to happen to me! It would be just my luck.

Maybe I'm just being a goofball, but it seems to me that a more active mafia is more likley to kill low posters than a more passive one, so I would want to look at higher posters. The highest posters so far are Ron, Andy, Ben, Ann, and April. I already know I trust April and already know I don't trust Ben, so that leaves me three more people to look at carefully before I vote. Just as soon as I finish this filing.
Jerry Gergich wrote:Ron's my boss and he was good enough to give me a job, so I don't want to say anything mean about him. But his posts have seemed a little stilted to me. He's not as high up on my suspect tree as Ben and Chris, but he's not in the clear either.
Jerry Gergich wrote:I'm sorry if my work is not up to your standards lately, Chris. I ripped my pants somehow and had to spend most of the day sitting down to keep anyone from noticing. It was only a theory, and if you can see a connection between Craig and the killer, I would love to hear it! I just didn't see much in his posting to make me think of other people.
Jerry Gergich wrote:Looking at these files all day, I have to say that I think the killer is someone who posts a lot, and that it's very likely that at least one voter for Bill was bad. Cross referencing the two leads me to Ben, Ann, Chris, or Ron. Ron is just such a great guy, and after reading some more of his posts, I think I have to trust him for now.

That means I think we should lynch Ben, Ann, or Chris. Ann used the word "interesting" in her second post of the game, which to me always seems like a fluff word that doesn't say anything but appears to say something, so she is definitely on my radar.

Anyone else have thoughts on these three? I'm so lucky to work with such smart people.
It seems to me that they both have it out for Ben, and with no good reason other than the fact he's a nerd.

And don't get me started on Jean-Ralphio. Anyone who would choose to be, or even impersonate, that guy is going to the same depths of hell as Eagletonians and used car salesmen.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

April Ludgate wrote:
Leslie Knope wrote:Off the top of my head, Tom. He's posted twice. Once about frying turkeys and once about voting for Ben. IIRC the post about voting for Ben was based entirely on nothing.
I agree, his vote for Ben was weak. Do you think a mafia team comprised of players like Tom is likely to notice Craig as the cop?
Are we thinking that the mafia knew Craig was the cop? Because I assumed it was a super lucky shot in the dark.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Leslie Knope wrote:It seems to me that they both have it out for Ben, and with no good reason other than the fact he's a nerd.
Most people seem to have this problem. It's why I got contacts, in order to make myself seem less intellectually threatening.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

I'm nothing like Knope, I'm much better.

I was bringing up potential theories and issues, however I must be off for the time, I'm suspicious of Knope, but not enough to lynch just yet, instead I'll be placing a vote on Tom he has barely posted and his vote for Ben just stinks.

Tom Haverford

I might switch it to someone else, if I can be back online before EOD, however I'm not sure if that will be possible.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Leslie Knope wrote:
<big chunk of post with many quotes in it that has Tom's, Jerry's and Jimmy-Rolo's names in it>
Are you planning to give any verdict on either of these three or did you just recap what they did by showing what they did?
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Ron Swanson wrote:Are you planning to give any verdict on either of these three or did you just recap what they did by showing what they did?
I'm planning on changing my vote to Tom or Jerry, but I can't decide which one stinks more. Tom wears too much cologne, and of course there's the flatulence when it comes to Larry and/or Jerry.

I was merely trying to recap their posts and the similarities (eg Ben).
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Oh great, it is endphase, nobody has said anything for almost an hour, eight players have already dumped their votes and I am co-wagon to be lynched.

Just how I imagined my evening.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

I'm still not taking my eye off of Ron or Andy, but Tom and Jerry haven't added anything of value and appear to be attempting to set Ben up or scatter the vote. It's a game of cat and mouse at this point. I get a worse vibe off of Jerry than I do Tom, but that could be because he's posted more.

I'm changing my vote to Jerry because I feel slightly stronger against him than Tom, but I'm willing to vote Tom. I realize I've been all over the place today, and I don't want to split the vote even more than we already have, but I also realize that changing my vote right now also puts me in danger of being lynched if no more votes come in, and I'm telling you all right now that I'm just trying to help.

You don't have to believe in me, but you should believe in Pawnee, and you should believe in getting justice for Li'l Sebastian.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Ron Swanson wrote:Oh great, it is endphase, nobody has said anything for almost an hour, eight players have already dumped their votes and I am co-wagon to be lynched.

Just how I imagined my evening.
You'll be fine tonight, Ron.

Who do you intend to vote for and what's your argument for doing so?
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Going with Jerry as well. To quote the man himself, this EoD is certainly shaping up to be "interesting."
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Tom can never be a civilian read with so little content, but no case against him is going to be easy to sell either. There are two posts. I actually think Garry looks fine right now. His reasoning for arriving at Ben, Ann, and Chris as top leads looks both authentic and rational to me. He used his own sort of process of elimination. I don't really agree with Ben being a great option here though. I could consider Ann or Chris just as I continue to consider Leslie.

Any of the above sounds like a better lynch than Jerry to me, and Tom feels like a lazy lynch. He even feels like a deflection away from the current leaders.
Golden
Marmot

Return to “Previous Heists”