Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 4]

Post by a2thezebra »

Vompatti wrote:tfw you'd vote for the mafia but don't want to split the vote further :sigh:
There's a lot of mafia to choose from.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I support WIFOM.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Vompatti »

a2thezebra wrote:
Vompatti wrote:tfw you'd vote for the mafia but don't want to split the vote further :sigh:
So is nijyjyuyuguugyyu mafia?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I am currently BIFOM.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Vompatti wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Yeah probably. I was teammates with her in Misfits and her game was similar.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

a2thezebra wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
k

Image Image Image
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Soneji »

Long Con wrote:
Soneji wrote:Seems they have gone more the route of letting the activity slow down to a crawl rather than try to take the lead now that most of the top level/most active players are dead. The players I was watching this phase were Long Con and Nacho. As I pointed out in my ISO of Long Con, he backed off of Wilgy due to Nacho's insistence that Wilgy's role PM antics weren't scum indicative. This was odd to me considering LC going after MP for supposed buddying but then allowing someone he has no reason to trust to sway his view on another player, rather than suspecting them of buddying/defending a scummate. That Nacho has fallen off the face of the earth in activity after d1 is a big red flag.

My vote will be on LC or Nacho today.
I don't think it's that odd. I don't have to trust Nacho to believe that his point of view on Wilgy is right. And I don't see any connection at all between my accusation of MP's buddying, and the Wilgy-Nacho situation. I don't automatically accuse people of buddying just for defending a person, or agreeing with them. It takes a lot more.

I haven't contributed much to this game, I know... as I said before, I'm just easing my way back into having Mafia in my life. If you lynch me, you'll lynch a Civ. Let the baddies kill me instead, and it will be closer to a Civ win.

I still don't trust Zebra's antics this game, like posting only in smilies, or being very antagonistic, and the early vote for Snow Dog pings me as well. So, in the interest of not missing my opportunity again, I'll vote zebra now.

*votes a2thezebra*
Not really sold on this but it is appeasing enough.

[VOTE: ] aubergine

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Soneji wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Soneji wrote:Seems they have gone more the route of letting the activity slow down to a crawl rather than try to take the lead now that most of the top level/most active players are dead. The players I was watching this phase were Long Con and Nacho. As I pointed out in my ISO of Long Con, he backed off of Wilgy due to Nacho's insistence that Wilgy's role PM antics weren't scum indicative. This was odd to me considering LC going after MP for supposed buddying but then allowing someone he has no reason to trust to sway his view on another player, rather than suspecting them of buddying/defending a scummate. That Nacho has fallen off the face of the earth in activity after d1 is a big red flag.

I don't think it's that odd. I don't have to trust Nacho to believe that his point of view on Wilgy is right. And I don't see any connection at all between my accusation of MP's buddying, and the Wilgy-Nacho situation. I don't automatically accuse people of buddying just for defending a person, or agreeing with them. It takes a lot more.

I haven't contributed much to this game, I know... as I said before, I'm just easing my way back into having Mafia in my life. If you lynch me, you'll lynch a Civ. Let the baddies kill me instead, and it will be closer to a Civ win.

I still don't trust Zebra's antics this game, like posting only in smilies, or being very antagonistic, and the early vote for Snow Dog pings me as well. So, in the interest of not missing my opportunity again, I'll vote zebra now.

*votes a2thezebra*

[VOTE:
What does that even mean? If you're not sold on it how can it be appeasing?]
aubergine
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Misfits... :sigh:
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I used to know a girl who was a fan of the Misfits and had partly turquoise hair and later translated Hans Magnus Enzensberger into Finnish.

Image Image Image
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

a2thezebra wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Long Con wrote:

*votes a2thezebra*

[VOTE:
What does that even mean? If you're not sold on it how can it be appeasing?]
aubergine
[VOTE:
It means I'm willing to leave him be for now but hes still a top suspect.]
aubergine

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
:feb:

linki - Okay that's even more confusing. If he's a top suspect, why on earth let him be until later? Are you an accelerationist?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

linki - Okay that's even more confusing. If he's a top suspect, why on earth let him be until later? Are you an accelerationist?
Nacho is also a top suspect. We only have one lynch a day.

If only all the scum had but a single neck.

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

No more spreading out votes. I agree with zebra's analysis of Soneji, and he is now one of my suspects.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Long Con wrote:No more spreading out votes. I agree with zebra's analysis of Soneji, and he is now one of my suspects.
Too bad you already voted zebra and voting for soneji would be spreading out votes.

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Soneji wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Nacho is also a top suspect. We only have one lynch a day.

If only all the scum had but a single neck.
You can't have two top suspects, that's like having two best friends.

linki - Vompatti just got real.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I've been waiting for Vompatti to break character since the PA days and I've never seen it happen until now. :faint:
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

:beer:

Image Image Image
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Whew, busy, busy weekend! Yay for drinks, food, and seeing lots of RL people. Time to crawl back into the hole of interacting with Internets people :biggrin: Apologies for the lack of posts and whatnot. I have kept up on my phone when I can, and have now caught up with reading fully.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Unfortunately, I'm drunk, and I haveto wake up in 6 hours tp leave for a snowshow/camping trip and won't e back on until after the deadline, so I'm toing to goite NIJUUUUUUUUUUUU to continue the legcay of the Epignosisisisisisisisisisisisis/
:suspish:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Ninjanasin Blooper! get lyched pr die!
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I just realie d that my ultimatum fr nijuukyougoyu leaves her only one reall pption.

Get lynched cheesecake! :beer:
Mmmm, cheesecake. But I decline the lynch.
a2thezebra wrote:Seriously though, is everyone going to ignore how fake Snow Dog's read development of me has been this game? First I was bad because I wasn't posting even though I was, then it was because I was posting but my posts were garbage, then I was good because I was posting but my posts were garbage, now it's baffling that my posts continue to be garbage. Also because I made an assumption.

inb4 town ignores this post and lets Snow Dog coast along to endgame
Except...I've had a similar read of you throughout the game, except my mind hasn't changed. As he restated, you posted only in emojis, which is about as good as not posting, then the posts were nonsense ("garbage" is strong for me, and I don't want to be antagonistic), and now you vote for him for a nonsense reason (for saying "quiet day"). What good does that do? How is this civ behavior? It's one thing to post to look civ, but another to do blatantly un-civ behavior. My other conviction is that you're hella suspicious for the time you decided to start playing and posting stuff in the thread, as I stated in my last reasoning to vote you. You have done this before - people want to write off your manic behavior (which is perhaps why Snow Dog gave you the BOTD when you did start posting relevantly), saying you can't possibly be bad with this craziness, and then you WIFOM the shit outta them and flip bad. Nah. I am unconvinced that you are civ or helping civs.
sig wrote:Yeah zebra I can agree with the scotty ping for that.

What does everyone think of nacho and sonjie? Both are relatively new to TS where killing off high posters is more common. Also nacho going awall and not posting as much after day 1 is odd so thoughts on nacho
I do wonder (and did wonder the other day, as Epi pointed out) about Nacho's participation, but I'm one to friggin' talk. From the look of his later posts, it looks like an issue of time crunch. I lean civ on him, mostly from a vibe standpoint, but would like to see more (once again, I'm one to talk). As for Soneji, from what I remember in reads, I rather like what he's had to say, and have agreed a few times in my other posts (or at least once that I can recall).

I need to get to the store and get bags from my car (because I totally forgot I left all of my luggage in there from this afternoon, because I am a lazy piece of shit today), so I shall leave for now. Voting zebra.

Linki - LOL wow, much suspicion of two people I just said looked good to me? Apparently I need a closer read?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:Oh and only the emoticon posts were garbage, whew. :haha:

Seriously dude?
Yes.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

k i'm *voting for nijouugugouguguu* k

Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:

Seriously dude?
Yes.
Then you acknowledge that it was an attack on playstyle?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

nijuu is pretending that MM's drunk posts are in any way suspicious, she just went from moderate baddie read to strong baddie read.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

nijuukyugou wrote:Whew, busy, busy weekend! Yay for drinks, food, and seeing lots of RL people. Time to crawl back into the hole of interacting with Internets people :biggrin: Apologies for the lack of posts and whatnot. I have kept up on my phone when I can, and have now caught up with reading fully.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Unfortunately, I'm drunk, and I haveto wake up in 6 hours tp leave for a snowshow/camping trip and won't e back on until after the deadline, so I'm toing to goite NIJUUUUUUUUUUUU to continue the legcay of the Epignosisisisisisisisisisisisis/
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Ninjanasin Blooper! get lyched pr die!
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I just realie d that my ultimatum fr nijuukyougoyu leaves her only one reall pption.

Get lynched cheesecake! :beer:
Mmmm, cheesecake. But I decline the lynch.
a2thezebra wrote:Seriously though, is everyone going to ignore how fake Snow Dog's read development of me has been this game? First I was bad because I wasn't posting even though I was, then it was because I was posting but my posts were garbage, then I was good because I was posting but my posts were garbage, now it's baffling that my posts continue to be garbage. Also because I made an assumption.

inb4 town ignores this post and lets Snow Dog coast along to endgame
Except...I've had a similar read of you throughout the game, except my mind hasn't changed. As he restated, you posted only in emojis, which is about as good as not posting, then the posts were nonsense ("garbage" is strong for me, and I don't want to be antagonistic), and now you vote for him for a nonsense reason (for saying "quiet day"). What good does that do? How is this civ behavior? It's one thing to post to look civ, but another to do blatantly un-civ behavior. My other conviction is that you're hella suspicious for the time you decided to start playing and posting stuff in the thread, as I stated in my last reasoning to vote you. You have done this before - people want to write off your manic behavior (which is perhaps why Snow Dog gave you the BOTD when you did start posting relevantly), saying you can't possibly be bad with this craziness, and then you WIFOM the shit outta them and flip bad. Nah. I am unconvinced that you are civ or helping civs.
sig wrote:Yeah zebra I can agree with the scotty ping for that.

What does everyone think of nacho and sonjie? Both are relatively new to TS where killing off high posters is more common. Also nacho going awall and not posting as much after day 1 is odd so thoughts on nacho
I do wonder (and did wonder the other day, as Epi pointed out) about Nacho's participation, but I'm one to friggin' talk. From the look of his later posts, it looks like an issue of time crunch. I lean civ on him, mostly from a vibe standpoint, but would like to see more (once again, I'm one to talk). As for Soneji, from what I remember in reads, I rather like what he's had to say, and have agreed a few times in my other posts (or at least once that I can recall).

I need to get to the store and get bags from my car (because I totally forgot I left all of my luggage in there from this afternoon, because I am a lazy piece of shit today), so I shall leave for now. Voting zebra.

Linki - LOL wow, much suspicion of two people I just said looked good to me? Apparently I need a closer read?
I don't know what to think about zebra anymore. It could be all WIFOMy stuff, but i dunno. Her absolute conviction that I'm bad must make her civ, no? I have to admit yesterday I was going to vote her anyway and i didn't care if she was good or bad. Just to get her out of the game.
Maybe you are right and garbage is too strong. I was just making a point. The word nonsense may have been more discreet.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Seriously dude?
Yes.
It wasn't an attack.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Seriously dude?
Yes.
It wasn't an attack.
Then neither is "full of shit".
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

All I want is consistency.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Seriously dude?
Yes.
It wasn't an attack.
Then neither is "full of shit".
You are so full of wrong that it's sad. Now leave me alone.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:Her absolute conviction that I'm bad must make her civ, no?
It's going to seem like I'm going out of my way to disagree with you at this point, but that's a terrible reason to think that me or anyone else is civ, ever. Wasn't it YOU that said that too much conviction gets civs lynched?

linki - If you're that confident that I'm wrong then it should be relatively easy to demonstrate how. Instead you've avoided an actual discussion on the matter.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Seriously, in what way is it SAD to think that "full of shit", an accusation of deceit (i.e. alignment, not playstyle or character) is worse than referring to posts as garbage, an accusation of inferior playstyle. I was trying to compromise by equating them, but the truth is that the latter is far worse.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Votes zebra
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Long Con wrote:No more spreading out votes. I agree with zebra's analysis of Soneji, and he is now one of my suspects.
LC I want you to explain how my choosing to vote Nacho over you is scummy to you. I can certainly see why it could seem scummy to others but to you that reason doesn't apply. It actively works against you.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:Votes zebra
Translation: MAKE THE REASONABLE YET AGGRESSIVE DISAGREEMENT STOP
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DrWilgy »

#browagon
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:#browagon
:hugs:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Mac, motel room, Nacho, Scotty, sig.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Okay I have no case to back this up what so ever and don't intend to make one tonight, but I'm about 65% sure LC is mafia now. His play style was neaturl before, but I'm becoming increasingly more pinged by his play style and his attack on zebra seems to be what mafia LC used to do to me.

I'm also voting Nijju and must go for the time. I will be back later to do some ISO
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Soneji wrote:
LC I want you to explain how my choosing to vote Nacho over you is scummy to you. I can certainly see why it could seem scummy to others but to you that reason doesn't apply. It actively works against you.
Is that what you got from zebra's analysis?
a2thezebra wrote:What does that even mean? If you're not sold on it how can it be appeasing?
a2thezebra wrote:If he's a top suspect, why on earth let him be until later?
My take on it was that you were putting out some weird contradictory stuff about me. That makes it look like a manufactured opinion that's designed to be middle-groundy, but still leave some suspicion on me for later.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Long Con wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Is that what you got from zebra's analysis?
a2thezebra wrote:What does that even mean? If you're not sold on it how can it be appeasing?
a2thezebra wrote:If he's a top suspect, why on earth let him be until later?
My take on it was that you were putting out some weird contradictory stuff about me. That makes it look like a manufactured opinion that's designed to be middle-groundy, but still leave some suspicion on me for later.
I don't see any contradiction. I stated I would vote you or Nacho, I chose Nacho as you responded with what could be a reasonable explanation even if I'm not all that sold on it. Nacho is still MIA.

If there was a double-lynch, you would be my second vote.

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Are you kidding me. I missed it by 10 minutes. :suspish:

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with either lynch today, and probably would have voted in the zebra block. I hope nijuu comes out as a baddie!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Wait what? But you just voted zebra. Zebra, this is a true waffle if I ever saw it.

I agree with sig that LC is bad. Probably bad with MM.

:beer:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Vompatti wrote:
Too bad you already voted zebra and voting for soneji would be spreading out votes.
Vomps is civ. Or at least not on Lc's baddie team.

But that he has broken character is...uh...eye popping. I think it's a good thing :grin:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:
Wait what? But you just voted zebra. Zebra, this is a true waffle if I ever saw it.
Not when there are two baddie teams.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 91

Post by MacDougall »

Damn it when did the poll end. FML.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Which baddie team are you on?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Which baddie team are you on?
Is that supposed to be clever?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

If Niju flips bad, let's lynch Snow Dog.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hey guys! Sorry for the delayed night post. Things have bee really crazy lately, but they will soon be back on track. Thank you for your patience!

I'm flying back home from my Thanksgiving break in the morning, and will resume normal game operations then. Too tired to make a proper night post now. Sorry again for the delay.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

thellama73 wrote:Hey guys! Sorry for the delayed night post. Things have bee really crazy lately, but they will soon be back on track. Thank you for your patience!

I'm flying back home from my Thanksgiving break in the morning, and will resume normal game operations then. Too tired to make a proper night post now. Sorry again for the delay.
Safe travels Llama Friend.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:Things have bee really crazy lately...

Things have been really buzzing here as well.
Thank you for your patience!
I never agreed to having patience.

Return to “Previous Jobs”