Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 43

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 5]

Post by sig »

rip myself :(
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hopefully there's some cross-team baddie kill mojonation going on. RIP guys.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DrWilgy »

Sorry to see you go guys. You were the best of us!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

im sorry for my lack of participation. I thought about asking for a sub but I told myself I would never sub out in a game unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm not quite at that point, but I'm also not where I want to be in the game

Catching up
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 4]

Post by Scotty »

Ok!! So we have one confirmed pirate, and one confirmed cannibal dead! I did not see that coming in ninja, but it doesn't surprise me I guess. There's some fun voting analysis to do!
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Long Con wrote:No more spreading out votes. I agree with zebra's analysis of Soneji, and he is now one of my suspects.
Wait what? But you just voted zebra. Zebra, this is a true waffle if I ever saw it.
Not when there are two baddie teams.
Which baddie team are you on?
Is that supposed to be clever?
No, it was supposed to be direct

Scotty
Jeff

Re: Monkey Island [NIGHT 4]

Post by Scotty »

RIP motel and sig! Firmly believe sig was civ toward the end. I felt that way back when Mp was alive, and although I never put it to words, zebra put it pretty bluntly: when he looks scummy, he's probably civ. Of his own admission, that philosophy has been my read of him every game for a year now. I particularly felt like I agreed with him towards the end of day 4 and his posts during the night. I see he did a voting breakdown for nijuu which is what I would have done, so thanks for that.
DrWilgy wrote:#BROWAGON!!!
Lol you might go down as either the worst baddie partner to someone or the biggest supatown if you keep it up. I mean, if you keep getting results, then I'm fine with leaving you to your own devices, Wilgy "Blind Date" Nelson.

motel room wrote:Im here. Catching up at work and here soon too.
Womp womp.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Scotty wrote:Ok folks's, I've got a lot to do in prep for thanksgiving (happy turkey day, US of A!) including prepping my first tofurkey (wtf). I'm sated for now with soneji's response to the "MP is civ" thing. I think I'd rather vote Boom today, so I'll go ahead and do that. Godspeed, brave adventurers!

boom
Why did you decide to vote for Boomslang here? I don't remember him being one of the targets that you liked to talk about the most, and I'd expect me pushing his lynch to dampen your enthusiasm a bit.
Boomslang was on my list from N1 missed kills. Sure he wasn't one I was talking about the most, but then I talk about candy corn all the time. Doesn't mean I'm gonna make a meal out of it.
Why would your pushing his lynch detract from or attract me to his lynch? I found him more suspicious than you.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I would like to point out that I am not also Snow Dog.
i feel like zebras are far less quarrelsome in the savannah. Zebras wrestling with dogs and...whatever the hell Mac's avatar is...unheard of!

Also, GTH who would you vote for right now?

mac, what is your avatar?

I want to vote MM. Anyone want to join me?
I don't really understand your case on MM; him voting Black Rock for not doing anything while saying that he wasn't doing anything was the crux of your case against him, correct? Don't you think there was a considerable difference between MM's play and Black Rock's?
Not the crux, no. But I was already suspicious of Epi's random push for BR, and that MM jumped on it without even thinking, and without even mentioning it before made my hair bristle.

motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by motel room »

oh dead again, i see
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Snow Dog wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Niju's post poll ending post fills me with confidence.
yeah I don't think *twiddles thumbs* comes from town who has just been lynched.
You judge harshly. I twiddle my thumbs in Monday-after-Thanksgiving deadness. Shall I scream in pain and agony instead for your amusement?
I'm putting my money on you being civ.
If I were your bank I would not grant you a loan.
Nachomamma8 wrote:i'm cool w/long con
if you vote soneji tomorrow i won't vote you
What does "cool" mean in this context?

Because LC's agreement with Soneji on zebra and his successive agreement with zebra on soneji is scummy as shit. I'm firmly in the belief that LC is bad.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:@Sonjie/LC Could you give me a rainbow list (or something like it) of your current reads?

Long Con
Nachomamma8
Dr. Wilgy

Vompatti
Scotty

Snow Dog
MacDougall

Metalmarsh89
Soneji
motel room 2.0

Sig
a2thezebra
Why is MM a moderate scumread for you?

Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Post by Snow Dog »

Scotty wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
You judge harshly. I twiddle my thumbs in Monday-after-Thanksgiving deadness. Shall I scream in pain and agony instead for your amusement?

Because LC's agreement with Soneji on zebra and his successive agreement with zebra on soneji is scummy as shit. I'm firmly in the belief that LC is bad.
This is why I don't bet in rl :P
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Nachomamma8 »

motel room wrote:oh dead again, i see
At least you got shot this time!
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 3]

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Soneji wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Soneji wrote:Seems they have gone more the route of letting the activity slow down to a crawl rather than try to take the lead now that most of the top level/most active players are dead. The players I was watching this phase were Long Con and Nacho. As I pointed out in my ISO of Long Con, he backed off of Wilgy due to Nacho's insistence that Wilgy's role PM antics weren't scum indicative. This was odd to me considering LC going after MP for supposed buddying but then allowing someone he has no reason to trust to sway his view on another player, rather than suspecting them of buddying/defending a scummate. That Nacho has fallen off the face of the earth in activity after d1 is a big red flag.

My vote will be on LC or Nacho today.
Why is me falling off in activity suspicious? Do you generally find it pretty common that people who have the ability to post a lot as mafia post a lot Day 1 and then are completely unable to post later in the game? Why would I struggle posting when I could scumhunt legitimately?
It is completely withib the realm of possibility to me that scum could be very active d1 where there is no info to go by and its easy to forgivably mislynch(which you did) then drop off activity later.

This could be due to any combination of a lack of ability to keep up the charade, not wanting to have to be town's leader to then potentially have to be accountable for mislynches, their scummates being suspects and not wanting to seem suspect themselves by putting attention elsewhere, not wanting to be night killed by the other scum team, etc.

Two mafia games make it easier for mafia to legitimately scumhunt but it still hampers their ability. They still have their own teammates to false read, still have to get some mislynches on townies to win.
You never explained why you found it suspicious. You said "hey it could be possible!" but you never said why it was the case. You don't see how a person's activity can tank when they don't have time?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Scotty wrote:Ok folks's, I've got a lot to do in prep for thanksgiving (happy turkey day, US of A!) including prepping my first tofurkey (wtf). I'm sated for now with soneji's response to the "MP is civ" thing. I think I'd rather vote Boom today, so I'll go ahead and do that. Godspeed, brave adventurers!

boom
Why did you decide to vote for Boomslang here? I don't remember him being one of the targets that you liked to talk about the most, and I'd expect me pushing his lynch to dampen your enthusiasm a bit.
Boomslang was on my list from N1 missed kills. Sure he wasn't one I was talking about the most, but then I talk about candy corn all the time. Doesn't mean I'm gonna make a meal out of it.
Why would your pushing his lynch detract from or attract me to his lynch? I found him more suspicious than you.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
i feel like zebras are far less quarrelsome in the savannah. Zebras wrestling with dogs and...whatever the hell Mac's avatar is...unheard of!

I don't really understand your case on MM; him voting Black Rock for not doing anything while saying that he wasn't doing anything was the crux of your case against him, correct? Don't you think there was a considerable difference between MM's play and Black Rock's?
Not the crux, no. But I was already suspicious of Epi's random push for BR, and that MM jumped on it without even thinking, and without even mentioning it before made my hair bristle.
Epignosis ought to be trusted more than he is.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Scotty wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

boom
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Your continued discussion of candy corn made me think that candy corn was a top candy for you. I'd imagine voting with a top scum suspect is a bit weird unless you're assuming bussing, no? Or do you not care about your other reads when you're voting?

So MM making an impulsive vote on a pirate makes your hair bristle? Why?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Scotty wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Cool means that I think that he's good.
I don't why the two quotes people pointed out look scummy; break it down for me, please?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I will hopefully be around in full tomorrow.
Hopefully. But I also got shit to do so I might just be flying by the seat of my pants and voting Sonejii because the case he's provided for having me as a top read is absolute nonsense.

But then again my current attitude seems to be most things are nonsense so I might just sheep someone who seems like they're on fire right now.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unfortunately the people I trust right this second are a grand total of 1) Zebra and 2) Snow Dog and that needs some reading and rereading to turn into anything compelling or with a >random chance to be right. And again, hopefully reading time comes tomorrow.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Post by a2thezebra »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Unfortunately the people I trust right this second are a grand total of 1) Zebra and 2) Snow Dog
does not compute
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

a2thezebra wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Unfortunately the people I trust right this second are a grand total of 1) Zebra and 2) Snow Dog
does not compute
welcome to my life
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

you ever heard "the heart want it wants"?
it's like that. i want it not to be the case but it's the case and there's nothing I can do to change it without ignoring my heart and my soul and i simply cannot do that.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

lol k
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Unfortunately the people I trust right this second are a grand total of 1) Zebra and 2) Snow Dog and that needs some reading and rereading to turn into anything compelling or with a >random chance to be right. And again, hopefully reading time comes tomorrow.
iF this is the case I will desist from voting zebra. My last vote for her was hardly meaningful anyway. I just wanted her out of the game.
From now on live and let live for the good of the civ cause.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm continuing to vote Snow Dog for the good of the civ cause. I never vote people because I want them out of the game.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

boom
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Your continued discussion of candy corn made me think that candy corn was a top candy for you. I'd imagine voting with a top scum suspect is a bit weird unless you're assuming bussing, no? Or do you not care about your other reads when you're voting?

So MM making an impulsive vote on a pirate makes your hair bristle? Why?
My philosophy and assumption is this:
BR said "hey guys, I don't really have time for this"
Her teammate, Epi, goes, "I'll call you out and start a train for civ cred"
BR gives a blessing and Epi makes a weak case. Granted, there wasn't much to go on besides one baddie team not killing N1. He could have picked anyone, and he picked BR- who did not do anything to defend herself after the fact. That tells me she had given up.

What makes my hair bristle is that MM hadn't talked about BR at all, and have even jokingly listed who he would vote for (vomps or zebra) but decides, on day 2, to blindly put a trusty vote on Br without mentioning her before then.

Now, this could just be MM being MM, and this doesn't necessarily implicate him, but I found it odd with Epi, and I feel how the BR vote started was odd.
Now I say this knowing full well I also voted for her, but she was already on my shortlist at the time and had the most votes as such, so I don't feel like I'm hypocritical in pointing out the voting order here.

I'm saying I don't trust MM implicitly because I'm not willing to lie down and believe Epi was supatown like the rest of you seem to think.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Per the yellow:
Long Con wrote:I don't really understand why you would think I'm Mafia. Something's wrong with how you're reading me.

sig's whole post is just nonsense to me, as in it doesn't make sense.

"Okay I have no case to back this up what so ever and don't intend to make one tonight, but I'm about 65% sure LC is mafia now." I just don't see how giving a percentage works here, but whatever. "His play style was [neutral(?)] before," what does that mean, my play style was 'neutral' before? You mean your read of my alignment was unsure? Why not say that then? Or was it supposed to be 'natural'? "but I'm becoming increasingly more pinged by his play style and his attack on zebra seems to be what mafia LC used to do to me. " "seems to be what Mafia LC used to do to me" WTF are you serious with this? For starters, no. Again, you are attributing something to me that isn't something I've ever been accused of, and you have no references to back it up. You must be thinking of someone else.

It just plain doesn't make sense. And MM just comes in with "I agree!" When you just smile and agree with a suspicion that doesn't really stand up past being a mid-level gut feel, it just makes you look bad. But hey, cast your votes my way tomorrow, I've played enough Mafia to know that's the fastest way to convince some folks that I'm telling the truth. :shrug2:
Says this guy:
Long Con wrote:
I still don't trust Zebra's antics this game, like posting only in smilies, or being very antagonistic, and the early vote for Snow Dog pings me as well. So, in the interest of not missing my opportunity again, I'll vote zebra now.

*votes a2thezebra*
Then in the very next post:
Long Con wrote:No more spreading out votes. I agree with zebra's analysis of Soneji, and he is now one of my suspects.
:ponder:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:Why is MM a moderate scumread for you?
Because he was a Civ read, but then his latest agreement with meaningless and fake accusations against me made me question that.
Scotty wrote:Per the yellow:
Long Con wrote:I don't really understand why you would think I'm Mafia. Something's wrong with how you're reading me.

sig's whole post is just nonsense to me, as in it doesn't make sense.

"Okay I have no case to back this up what so ever and don't intend to make one tonight, but I'm about 65% sure LC is mafia now." I just don't see how giving a percentage works here, but whatever. "His play style was [neutral(?)] before," what does that mean, my play style was 'neutral' before? You mean your read of my alignment was unsure? Why not say that then? Or was it supposed to be 'natural'? "but I'm becoming increasingly more pinged by his play style and his attack on zebra seems to be what mafia LC used to do to me. " "seems to be what Mafia LC used to do to me" WTF are you serious with this? For starters, no. Again, you are attributing something to me that isn't something I've ever been accused of, and you have no references to back it up. You must be thinking of someone else.

It just plain doesn't make sense. And MM just comes in with "I agree!" When you just smile and agree with a suspicion that doesn't really stand up past being a mid-level gut feel, it just makes you look bad. But hey, cast your votes my way tomorrow, I've played enough Mafia to know that's the fastest way to convince some folks that I'm telling the truth. :shrug2:
Says this guy:
Long Con wrote:
I still don't trust Zebra's antics this game, like posting only in smilies, or being very antagonistic, and the early vote for Snow Dog pings me as well. So, in the interest of not missing my opportunity again, I'll vote zebra now.

*votes a2thezebra*
Then in the very next post:
:ponder:
...and?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 91

Post by MacDougall »

Why is Zebra full civ again? I missed the memo.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:Why is Zebra full civ again? I missed the memo.
Try harder.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:I'm continuing to vote Snow Dog for the good of the civ cause. I never vote people because I want them out of the game.
I have never done it either. Until now.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Vompatti »

i trust zebra k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Vompatti wrote:i trust zebra k
Yee
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

No, not really. Zebra is bad.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:
So?
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
So?
She will betray your trust and kill you.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:
So?
She will betray your trust and kill you.
You say that as if it was bad.
Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:
You seem convinced of that. I strongly suspect that she isn't. What makes you so sure other than her wacky playstyle this game?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:
You seem convinced of that. I strongly suspect that she isn't. What makes you so sure other than her wacky playstyle this game?
Maybe I'm wrong... she has been somewhat more game-oriented as we get into the midgame than she was at the start. I looked back over her posts, and there's more content than I remember, I was sort of stuck in the emoticons/antagonistic schtick that she started out with, which I see as more indicative of her baddie game.

Maybe everyone else is right and I'm wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong... she has been somewhat more game-oriented as we get into the midgame than she was at the start. I looked back over her posts, and there's more content than I remember, I was sort of stuck in the emoticons/antagonistic schtick that she started out with, which I see as more indicative of her baddie game.

Maybe everyone else is right and I'm wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.
What about Vompatti then? I would describe him as not game-oriented in play style too.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Vompatti »

I am completely agree with the above. :srsnod:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:

What about Vompatti then? I would describe him as not game-oriented in play style too.
But that's completely consistent with Vompatti's style every single time I have seen him play, so it doesn't even register any more.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:

But that's completely consistent with Vompatti's style every single time I have seen him play, so it doesn't even register any more.
Yes, this is true. Zebra is totally new to me so i don't know what to expect.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

at2thezebra, who would you vote for if you hadn't voted for me?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:at2thezebra, who would you vote for if you hadn't voted for me?
Either Soneji or Long Con, probably Soneji.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:
I agree with that on both counts.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Snow Dog wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
And then Mac. He's always this antagonistic but he is NOT always this narrow-focused.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

a2thezebra wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
And then Mac. He's always this antagonistic but he is NOT always this narrow-focused.
Noted.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Snow dog, go ahead and vote. If you vote the right person I'll not vote for you.

After reviewing Niju's posts, I have come to a conclusion.
...I'm not a cannibal.

Discuss.
Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DrWilgy wrote:Snow dog, go ahead and vote. If you vote the right person I'll not vote for you.

After reviewing Niju's posts, I have come to a conclusion.
...I'm not a cannibal.

Discuss.
There is still plenty of time.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

a2thezebra wrote:
Soneji is one of the most bad-seeming on my rainbow list. I'd be willing to go with a Soneji vote, and obviously I prefer this to a Long Con vote.

Return to “Previous Jobs”