Wow we're really down to the wire now!

Poll ended at Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 am

a2thezebra
7%
Scotty
14%
Vompatti
No votes
A three headed monkey! (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
79%

Total votes: 14
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 150

Re: Monkey Island [DAY 6]

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I voted Mac partially in honor of MM and partially because it's the only vote I can make in good conscience
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Post by a2thezebra »

If I voted for Mac, it would be a policy lynch vote. And my distaste for policy lynches outweighs my distaste for his behavior.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240

Post by a2thezebra »

And it would be disingenuous of me to keep pretending that my personal grievances of him qualifies as a suspicion of his alignment.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 91

Post by MacDougall »

Nachomamma8 wrote:I voted Mac partially in honor of MM and partially because it's the only vote I can make in good conscience
Nice attempt at a framejob.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:And it would be disingenuous of me to keep pretending that my personal grievances of him qualifies as a suspicion of his alignment.
Fake buzzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Scotty is bad too.

Wilgy is probably not bad but I still want to lynch him because otherwise he's gonna get lynched at lylo and lose us the game.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ok, here's the thing: a baddie missed sending in the kill last night. Only one kill happened when two were supposed to. Check out the total post numbers:

Metalmarsh: 10
Scotty: 10
a2thezebra: 6
Long Con: 5
Snow Dog: 5
Wilgy: 4
Nacho: 2
Vompatti: 2
Mac: 1

Obviously MM was Civ. Silly Llama. :feb:

Nacho, Vompatti, Macdougall. One of them missed sending in the kill. I think it was Macdougall - I mean, look at his last bunch of posts. How is any of this Civ-seeming in the slightest??

If you want to vote for me, I understand that you must put a lot of stock in your gut, and I have an over-inflated rep for being a devious baddie. I have thoroughly discussed and given very simple reasons why the very few accusations that have actually formed about me are not legit, and the accusers have not even tried to rebut what I said - that's because what I said makes fucking sense and is how things really are.

I have shown you some real deduction and linked you to a series of posts that were, in actuality, way worse-looking than I expected when I started to look into it. Voting for me is hurtful to the Civs, so why not join me in a way more sensible and supported vote for Macdougall?

*votes Macdougall*
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 78

Post by thellama73 »

Half the votes in already. Nice. If the other four come in, I'll get you a lovely Night post before I have to leave for Vermont.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:Half the votes in already. Nice. If the other four come in, I'll get you a lovely Night post before I have to leave for Vermont.
Oh, you want me to read the night post's content? FINE.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Half the votes in already. Nice. If the other four come in, I'll get you a lovely Night post before I have to leave for Vermont.
Never mind, I got confused. :D I thought there was a contest or something I missed.

By the way, who got the treasure?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

How dare you vote for me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

How DARE you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am so mad.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311

Post by Snow Dog »

Voted Long Con

Sorry, LC I just do not believe you.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Never mind, I got confused. :D I thought there was a contest or something I missed.

By the way, who got the treasure?
Zebra I think, I was next closest.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Scotty, Wilgy, Vomps....vote!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Whatever you guys. I don't know what it takes with you, don't ever ask me for the benefit of the doubt, and I won't waste my time posting next time - I'll just bust out lazy one-liners and end every sentence with 'k' and not really participate. Apparently that's how to look Civ these days, I miss the old days when making sense and actually trying to play the game meant something. :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:Whatever you guys. I don't know what it takes with you, don't ever ask me for the benefit of the doubt, and I won't waste my time posting next time - I'll just bust out lazy one-liners and end every sentence with 'k' and not really participate. Apparently that's how to look Civ these days, I miss the old days when making sense and actually trying to play the game meant something. :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
Truly sorry if I am wrong.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

That last post of LC has me worried now.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Your timing leaves a much to be desired.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Snow Dog wrote:Voted Long Con

Can you let us know specifically what it was that I said that you did not believe?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:

Can you let us know specifically what it was that I said that you did not believe?
One thing that stands out from memory was your certainty that zebra was bad. When I questioned you about that certainty you seemed to back right off her and drop it. I thought that was more than odd. Also one of your early posts pinged me. The one about expecting to take votes for being helpful. Also there is another thing. :dark:

That other thing could be wrong. But other than that I think these are the civs...

Zebra
Vompatti
Dr Wilgy
Scotty

And these

I am less sure

Long Con
Mac

So according to this it's just you and Mac. This completely falls apart if I am wrong about the civs. But this is how I figured it, by finding the civs.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Addendum
I meant i don't believe you are civ
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Furtjer addendum

I believe Nacho to be civ too
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Thing is Long Con I always trust you every game. You always seem civ to me. So this was a difficult vote. But I think I am right( I hope I am right to be honest, it could all tumble down like a house of cards)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:

This is some of the first stuff I've seen about me that actually makes sense to me. I appreciate that you brought it up, though your timing is not that cool - I would have liked to have a chance to discuss these suspicions before I was already vote-leader in a lynch.
One thing that stands out from memory was your certainty that zebra was bad. When I questioned you about that certainty you seemed to back right off her and drop it.

I didn't really have much on her beyond that she was acting sketchy. :shrug2: You asked me "What makes you so sure other than her wacky playstyle this game?" and there was nothing else that stood out. I didn't back off her and drop it though - I said "maybe I'm wrong" because I didn't want to give the impression that it was more than "her wacky playstyle". If I had redone my rainbow list after, she would have still been on or near the bottom.
I thought that was more than odd. Also one of your early posts pinged me. The one about expecting to take votes for being helpful.

Well, that's still a lot less suspicion than I've gotten in other games where I say nothing and do some role analysis. Hell, I've been lynched on Day 1 for it before. It's not the first time I've said that, and it probably won't be the last. Just remember next time that it didn't come from a deceitful place, and that you need not be pinged by it next time because I did it this time as a Civ. At least do that for me.
Also there is another thing. :dark:

That other thing could be wrong. But other than that I think these are the civs...

Zebra
Vompatti
Dr Wilgy
Scotty

And these

I am less sure

Long Con
Mac

So according to this it's just you and Mac. This completely falls apart if I am wrong about the civs. But this is how I figured it, by finding the civs.
You think there are only two baddies left? There are two Cannibals and two Pirates that are unaccounted for, aren't there? That makes your Civ list disturbingly optimistic at best. Or... maybe you are the last member left on one of those teams, and so you are a bit more confident that only two other baddies are left? I don't really have much fire left in my belly at this point to be pointing fingers and making accusations, but that one makes some sense at least.

For the sake of self-improvement, here's my advice: I'm a Civ, so you might as well start believing it now so you don't miss opportunities to hone your game. So look at your Civ list again. You are going to find out that (I estimate roughly) two of those people in that list have totally fleeced you. Analyze why you think they are Civ... maybe take some notes. That way, when this game is done, you'll be better equipped to see through their lies in the future, and you won't have to vote for me because you trust me too much. :suspish:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:

This is some of the first stuff I've seen about me that actually makes sense to me. I appreciate that you brought it up, though your timing is not that cool - I would have liked to have a chance to discuss these suspicions before I was already vote-leader in a lynch.
One thing that stands out from memory was your certainty that zebra was bad. When I questioned you about that certainty you seemed to back right off her and drop it.

I didn't really have much on her beyond that she was acting sketchy. :shrug2: You asked me "What makes you so sure other than her wacky playstyle this game?" and there was nothing else that stood out. I didn't back off her and drop it though - I said "maybe I'm wrong" because I didn't want to give the impression that it was more than "her wacky playstyle". If I had redone my rainbow list after, she would have still been on or near the bottom.
I thought that was more than odd. Also one of your early posts pinged me. The one about expecting to take votes for being helpful.

Well, that's still a lot less suspicion than I've gotten in other games where I say nothing and do some role analysis. Hell, I've been lynched on Day 1 for it before. It's not the first time I've said that, and it probably won't be the last. Just remember next time that it didn't come from a deceitful place, and that you need not be pinged by it next time because I did it this time as a Civ. At least do that for me.
Also there is another thing. :dark:

Zebra
Vompatti
Dr Wilgy
Scotty

And these

I am less sure

Long Con
Mac

You think there are only two baddies left? There are two Cannibals and two Pirates that are unaccounted for, aren't there? That makes your Civ list disturbingly optimistic at best. Or... maybe you are the last member left on one of those teams, and so you are a bit more confident that only two other baddies are left? I don't really have much fire left in my belly at this point to be pointing fingers and making accusations, but that one makes some sense at least.

For the sake of self-improvement, here's my advice: I'm a Civ, so you might as well start believing it now so you don't miss opportunities to hone your game. So look at your Civ list again. You are going to find out that (I estimate roughly) two of those people in that list have totally fleeced you. Analyze why you think they are Civ... maybe take some notes. That way, when this game is done, you'll be better equipped to see through their lies in the future, and you won't have to vote for me because you trust me too much. :suspish:
Do we actually know how many of each team is left? Do you know who was Night killed other than MM? But I do take your point on board. I have been too trusting in the past also and it got me stabbed in the back. I'm sorry I voted you so soon. Blame Llama for hurrying us along.
Who do YOU see as the remaining baddies?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con
Dr. Wilgy
Nachomamma8
a2thezebra
Snow Dog
Vompatti
Scotty
MacDougall

That's roughly how I'd rainbow right now... lots of wiggle room all through the middle though. This is more of a list of who I'd likely vote for, from least likely to most likely.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Snow Dog wrote:Do we actually know how many of each team is left? Do you know who was Night killed other than MM?
No, but that's why I said "unaccounted for" and not "still alive".
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Do we actually know how many of each team is left? Do you know who was Night killed other than MM?
No, but that's why I said "unaccounted for" and not "still alive".
Fair enough.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:Long Con
Dr. Wilgy
Nachomamma8
a2thezebra
Snow Dog
Vompatti
Scotty
MacDougall

That's roughly how I'd rainbow right now... lots of wiggle room all through the middle though. This is more of a list of who I'd likely vote for, from least likely to most likely.
Can you expand on why you see Scotty as bad. Just the gist.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Monkey Island [NIGHT 5]

Post by Long Con »

After Soneji's lynch (Scotty voted for me):
Scotty wrote:Well there ya go! Good goin, Soneji voters!

My vote doesn't look great in retrospect unless LC is bad.

I think MM is definitely a pirate based on that flip. His reluctance to acknowledge the case on Soneji seems really wishy washy.
As I know I'm Civ, Scotty's vote "doesn't look so great in retrospect". And our hindsight on MM's Civvieness shows that this "definitely a pirate" accusation is weak and manipulative at best.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Nice job you guys! :clap:

Not the most ideal, but still good.
:evileye: What would be more ideal than lynching a baddie, hmm?
... and this was also weak, acting like he had caught MM in some sort of slip.

And earlier than that, after I carefully analyzed his suspicion of me (which required a bit of cajoling to even get a little clarification on), he didn't even respond of acknowledge my rebuttal. Even though I clearly still wasn't sure what he was really accusing me of, and wanted him to clarify more.

I must be the world's biggest idiot to be saying this stuff about Scotty when he's still got a vote out there and I kind of need his vote to save my ass. :haha: But hey, you asked... if I'm right about him, then maybe the Civs can win after all.

Host: do dead players in the winning faction get to claim a win?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok thanbks for that. And it ain't over yet.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote: Host: do dead players in the winning faction get to claim a win?
In some cases, but not all. The Pirates win together. The Cannibals win together. Herman Toothrot and The Head of the Navigator can win with the Cannibals. The rest of the civilians have to be alive to win.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote: Host: do dead players in the winning faction get to claim a win?
In some cases, but not all. The Pirates win together. The Cannibals win together. Herman Toothrot and The Head of the Navigator can win with the Cannibals. The rest of the civilians have to be alive to win.
That was refreshingly clear, thank you. :)
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DrWilgy »

Mislynching Mac isn't the worst case scenario.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

It occurs to me that Herman and The Head although civs, could be happy with civ defeat so are not completely civ friendly
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Snow Dog wrote:It occurs to me that Herman and The Head although civs, could be happy with civ defeat so are not completely civ friendly
Ugh... that's an ugly thought.

Maybe Scotty just won't show up. Someone missed a nightkill, and now Scotty missing the vote? :shrug2: I dunno. I hope I live. May I please have a banana?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Haha, how premature of me. I thought the poll ended today but there are 24 more hours.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:Haha, how premature of me. I thought the poll ended today but there are 24 more hours.
Yeah, but if Scotty votes now Logan will end it early it seems, unless he is already travelling. Hey Logan when you leaving?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:Haha, how premature of me. I thought the poll ended today but there are 24 more hours.
Yeah, but if Scotty votes now Logan will end it early it seems, unless he is already travelling. Hey Logan when you leaving?
In about 15 hours.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
In about 15 hours.
Ok that's a cool. :llama:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lol Scotty is probably Mafia so this is going to end poorly.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dr Wilgy choosing to defer the decision to Scotty by tying me up with an OMGUS vote is also not a good look for him. Oh wait, he's not read his role card so that's an unfair statement to make. Guess he's impervious to suspicion. But, not a policy lynch. Okay.

In case I go here's my reads.

Zebra - Null
Wilgy - Who the fuck knows
Long Con - Null
Nacho - Civ
Scotty - Null
Snow Dog - Null
Vompatti - Who the fuck knows

The fact that myself, Wilgy and Vompatti have lasted this long in the game is a joke really. I've played like a complete idiot, Wilgy didn't read his role card and Vompatti. An indictment against The Syndicate this game has been.

Honestly I think the only thing I am confident of is Nacho being a civ. Wilgy and Vompatti should be lynched on principle. If I had to list the rest from most to least likely to be Mafia I would say Zebra, Scotty, Long Con and Snow Dog.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It's unfortunate that all three of us are still alive because me being apathetic to my own lynch is likely to lose us the game now. So fuck you all for making me have to do stuff.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Zebra your turnaround on your read of me is bizarre. Your entire game has been wishy washy and you've shifted positions so many times that I cannot trust you.

Explain to me how you're a civ here?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I'm very behind in sorry y'all. I want to make a reasoned vote here and I apologize for not just voting and letting llama end the night. Since apparently I am the tie breaker I'd rather make the best decision for town.

I will try and answer later when I have time to properly answer. I've had a long few days (weeks) and I'm feeling quite out of sorts.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:It occurs to me that Herman and The Head although civs, could be happy with civ defeat so are not completely civ friendly
Ugh... that's an ugly thought.

Maybe Scotty just won't show up. Someone missed a nightkill, and now Scotty missing the vote? :shrug2: I dunno. I hope I live. May I please have a banana?
MacDougall wrote:Lol Scotty is probably Mafia so this is going to end poorly.
You fellas sure know how to appeal to me to make me wanna vote for you. :rolleyes:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote:Dr Wilgy choosing to defer the decision to Scotty by tying me up with an OMGUS vote is also not a good look for him. Oh wait, he's not read his role card so that's an unfair statement to make. Guess he's impervious to suspicion. But, not a policy lynch. Okay.

In case I go here's my reads.

Zebra - Null
Wilgy - Who the fuck knows
Long Con - Null
Nacho - Civ
Scotty - Null
Snow Dog - Null
Vompatti - Who the fuck knows

The fact that myself, Wilgy and Vompatti have lasted this long in the game is a joke really. I've played like a complete idiot, Wilgy didn't read his role card and Vompatti. An indictment against The Syndicate this game has been.

Honestly I think the only thing I am confident of is Nacho being a civ. Wilgy and Vompatti should be lynched on principle. If I had to list the rest from most to least likely to be Mafia I would say Zebra, Scotty, Long Con and Snow Dog.
I REALLY hope you're civ, but these reads at this point in the game? Pretty piss poor man. Why did you vote Wilgy if zebra and I are at the top of your listen of most likely to be mafia?

Return to “Previous Jobs”