GY!BE Mafia [E.N.D.]

Moderator: Community Team

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 81

Re: [Night 4] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:How many people were insanified each day? The number of people they're able to target might be increasing periodically.
2 people seemed to be cursed in some way day 2. 3 people seemed to be cursed in some way day 3. I think.

We also don't know if there were other people who could have been cursed more subtly; were cursed and did not post; or (least likely) were cursed and were killed the same night.

On day 2, I speculated there was a curser on the civ team and a curser on the bad team. I still think that is logical, because balance. Having a third player apparently cursed on the last day cycle just makes me believe that one of the players in the game has some sort of mimicing ability within their role. I still think there is a civ curser and an evil curser.

It seems entirely too imbalanced for the baddie team to be able to stop at least 3 players from effectively posting in any given day cycle (if sleep were to silence someone and Mladic were able to curse 2 people at a time. That doesn't make sense to me as a game set up.
What makes you think Mlalic is responsible for the insanifications? What if the insanifier is a civ?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:How many people were insanified each day? The number of people they're able to target might be increasing periodically.
2 people seemed to be cursed in some way day 2. 3 people seemed to be cursed in some way day 3. I think.

We also don't know if there were other people who could have been cursed more subtly; were cursed and did not post; or (least likely) were cursed and were killed the same night.

On day 2, I speculated there was a curser on the civ team and a curser on the bad team. I still think that is logical, because balance. Having a third player apparently cursed on the last day cycle just makes me believe that one of the players in the game has some sort of mimicing ability within their role. I still think there is a civ curser and an evil curser.

It seems entirely too imbalanced for the baddie team to be able to stop at least 3 players from effectively posting in any given day cycle (if sleep were to silence someone and Mladic were able to curse 2 people at a time. That doesn't make sense to me as a game set up.
What makes you think Mlalic is responsible for the insanifications? What if the insanifier is a civ?
I was answering Trice's speculation.

Regardless, it would still be unbalanced. Less so, but still unbalanced.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:

This conversation gives me inspiration for a game in which everyone is an insanifier and it's just literally what the fuck
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:

This conversation gives me inspiration for a game in which everyone is an insanifier and it's just literally what the fuck
Not sure if you've played a game yet with Long Con, but you guys are going to get along, I have a feeling. If you have nothing to do and want a rabbit hole to go down, go to this (really) old mafia game starting with day 2: http://forum.lostpedia.com/showthread.p ... ost1425751. It's the game where LC first used his insanifier (and the first seemer, incidentally), and 2 players were insanified. Too funny to watch all of us figure out what the ef was going on with the posts. And then a few pages in, the 2 of them start to have a conversation. I miss the insanity generator. He also evolved it over the years so it came to include a variety of roles from different games and new players' names and became more and less complicated at times (and more and less hard to decipher. Good times.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:

Not sure if you've played a game yet with Long Con, but you guys are going to get along, I have a feeling. If you have nothing to do and want a rabbit hole to go down, go to this (really) old mafia game starting with day 2: http://forum.lostpedia.com/showthread.p ... ost1425751. It's the game where LC first used his insanifier (and the first seemer, incidentally), and 2 players were insanified. Too funny to watch all of us figure out what the ef was going on with the posts. And then a few pages in, the 2 of them start to have a conversation. I miss the insanity generator. He also evolved it over the years so it came to include a variety of roles from different games and new players' names and became more and less complicated at times (and more and less hard to decipher. Good times.

I'll have to sign up to the next Long Con game. I love games where the roles and mechanics make everyone forget about the game itself for a minute just to figure out what the hell is going on. :p
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Back to on topic, I think the SK could be a third curser--it's possible there was a third person cursed on day 2, and it went unnoticed or something? Or the SK mimics other characters (being a recording, that could make sense maybe)--and then there could be a civ, a bad, and an indy, going back to my theory of balance.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 589
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've got a lot going on today, so my presence may be scarce.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 522
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MM, at some point earlier in the game you seemed a bit more resigned to being lynched. Today either you or trice survived the lynch. Would you fault me for finding it more plausible that you are the player that survived?
My gut tells me that it involved a third party, tbh. Trice absolutely did not post like someone who knew he was safe, he was frantic, and oddly enough I feel like MM didn't act right either because he would have been looser than he was. He actually seemed to be hamstrung in retrospect.
That's a decent point. But who the hell would stop the lynch? I don't know why any townie would do it if they didn't have info on both MM and Trice.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 522
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I suppose a mafia-aligned player could have stopped the lynch if they thought we'd waste our time on mislynching MM and Trice the next two Day phases. Something to think about.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 218

Re: [Day 4] GY!BE Mafia

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

LoRab wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
timmer wrote:Trice, we seem to have 3 people posting in some form of curse. Do you think all 3 are legit? If not, which do you think is lying, and why?
I'm pretty sure when roles are finally revealed at the end of the game, Mladic will be rather complication mechanics for cursing people and I don't really know what to think on it. FWIW I didn't even realize Lorab was supposed to be cursed, but if he (she? sorry don't know) is, it's similar in nature to Marmot's (contrast this with random capslocks letters like JJJ/epi) and to Golden's curse earlier in the game. Leads me to believe that if there are 3 curses today, marmot and lorab both come from same source as Golden before, and epi comes from same source as JJJ did, and it's 2 separate sources.
This is still what I believe regarding the curses
To clarify: You believe that all of the curses come from one role/player and not from multiple sources?
No, I think the two who had to post in random capslock were from 1 src and the 3 with weird rules were from another (last sentence of my post)
could be yeah
MovingPictures07 wrote:
timmer wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MM, at some point earlier in the game you seemed a bit more resigned to being lynched. Today either you or trice survived the lynch. Would you fault me for finding it more plausible that you are the player that survived?
My gut tells me that it involved a third party, tbh. Trice absolutely did not post like someone who knew he was safe, he was frantic, and oddly enough I feel like MM didn't act right either because he would have been looser than he was. He actually seemed to be hamstrung in retrospect.
That's a decent point. But who the hell would stop the lynch? I don't know why any townie would do it if they didn't have info on both MM and Trice.
sounds spooky
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by timmer »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
timmer wrote:
I'm not going to spend too much tIme worrying about the possibilities regarding what happened, this game has to many secrets anyway. But I'm feeling like MM is civ and I'm not going to be repeating my vote against him. I was so focused on the lynch that I didn't properly weigh what he was trying to say while cursed. I'm still rereading trice atm.
My siggie.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 103

[Day 5] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 379
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [Day 5] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Marmot »

Vote birdwithteeth

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 326

Post by Epignosis »

RIP to the lovers. That's tragic.

I'm still five pages behind. Off the dome though, I would lynch MM and Trice again. And again and again and again.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, nijuu and Boomslang are gay according to their reports.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:Also, nijuu and Boomslang are gay according to their reports.
Nitpicking Will Bring You Swag, but Not Salvation :meany:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I see what you did there.

Why would you lynch me again and again and again? That sounds counterproductive.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I have a mighty craving for brains all of a sudden.

Cowards! :fist:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I see what you did there.

Why would you lynch me again and again and again? That sounds counterproductive.
I guess he just really wants to make sure you're dead.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Vote birdwithteeth
VLAKNI IXJDAK CXVQQ
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
VLAKNI IXJDAK CXVQQ
Fake.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

My suspicions haven't changed since the last day cycle. I'm going to pop my vote onto Trice for now, at least. I'm trying to get used to and embrace this whole I can change my votes thing.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
VLAKNI IXJDAK CXVQQ
Fake.
VLAKNI IXJDAK CXVQQM LPUZDJ IQIEHI XXPVPY TKQMTB W
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
VLAKNI IXJDAK CXVQQ
Fake.
VLAKNI IXJDAK CXVQQM LPUZDJ IQIEHI XXPVPY TKQMTB W
:haha:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LZOBDBTCARNZ
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LYOZWONKGRCQQYIU
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LZOVNTRAPDCIZKYOI
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

True story: A long time ago I called someone out for faking a curse using seemingly random all capital letters, and the next Day, I was speaking in seemingly random all capital letters.

I forgot all about that nasty little thing. Damn sure did.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LZOVNTRAPDCIZKYOI
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LLVLGENMPJFBLRJLPODADEWRKBAO
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

PJNZZFQFRTUFKKXJGBJTWEILBS
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

:beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
:beer:
I feel like that's cheating. :meany:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A suspect of mine and an incapacitated person walk into a bar. They both want the birdwithteeth cocktail. That at once interests and disturbs me.

And no, I'm still not caught up.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

PZO
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: [Day 2] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Dom »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Fuck this game. Seriously. I don't even care if you other townies win anymore.

MovingPictures07
HETHZBEMADWDGFLMCECRSALOKYHNENMTEKTXEJSYVQOPXMHNCKBJRIBNJHBDITEUMGUBXUMD
This curse sucks.
Indeed. Anyone have an idea what the code for it is?
DBMNAHK
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Fuck this game. Seriously. I don't even care if you other townies win anymore.

MovingPictures07
This curse sucks.
DBMNAHK
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

MovingPictures07
This curse sucks.
DBMNAHK
So what? Yes, it's a code. How does that make bird bad?

Okay. A long ass string of letters means yes. A short ass string of letters means no.

Do you think the role that cursed 3J, me and now you is a bad one?

Do you think bird slipped when he said that?

Are you adamant that bird should die?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

MovingPictures07
This curse sucks.
DBMNAHK
So what? Yes, it's a code. How does that make bird bad?

Okay. A long ass string of letters means yes.
IK

IKNIG

A short ass string of letters means no.
IBIGRHIAGVYF

Do you think the role that cursed 3J, me and now you is a bad one?
INKIG

Do you think bird slipped when he said that?
IK

Are you adamant that bird should die?
IKIG
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You made that a lot more complicated than I had intended.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

IK
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 218

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

My brilliant plan to stop dom from NKing me for an extra night paid off
Dom wrote: By saying that I will nightkill you, you are setting me up for a lynch whether you live or die. If you live, you're around to push my lynch. If you die, then you've set me up for a lynch. You don't seem to care about the consequences of your actions.
If Dom wasn't mafia, the mafia would have taken advantage of this tbh
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:A suspect of mine and an incapacitated person walk into a bar. They both want the birdwithteeth cocktail. That at once interests and disturbs me.

And no, I'm still not caught up.
Why do you suspect me?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm travelling tomorrow and Thursday so my activity will be sporadic, then I will be completely out of service Friday through part of Sunday (backpacking trip).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:You made that a lot more complicated than I had intended.
Going out on a limb to say that the medium sized string is a maybe.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A thought I had about the potential balancing structure of this game:

In EST Mafia, Rico's alignment ratio was 10 civilians vs. 3 mafia. In Triskaidekaphobia, Rico's alignment ratio was 11 civilians vs. 3 mafia. In this game, the alignment ratio is 15 civilians vs. 3 mafia with 1 SK independent.

This means that Rico has given the civilians what would often be a decent numbers advantage from the start, whereas in those two heists his game was more traditionally arranged. Considering that, I think it's a reasonable assumption that there are balancing mechanisms in place to account for that disparity. Also consider the presence of the Motherfucker = Redeemer role which could have already eliminated a baddie too. One of the more obvious options a host has in a scenario like this is to employ a lynch immunity or save in the hands of the baddies. With this in mind, I think there's a better-than-typical chance that the non-lynch of Day 4 was driven by anti-town means.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I suppose a mafia-aligned player could have stopped the lynch if they thought we'd waste our time on mislynching MM and Trice the next two Day phases. Something to think about.
This is a point worth considering. I do however have some doubt -- I think the majority of the time, perhaps the vast majority, baddies with this kind of power would want to save it for their most dire moment of need (when one of their own is about to be lynched). There can be exceptions, so I welcome everyone's thoughts on that point. In this case there'd be potential for both of these worlds to be half-true since it was a tied lynch. If one among trice and MM is bad but not both, we have no conclusive way of knowing which one.

A qualifier: it should be acknowledged that heist games are a more restrictive in their structure because of the power role limitations, so direct comparisons between those and side missions can be a bit muddy. I think the point holds though, because 15:3:1 is an atypical numbers arrangement no matter how you slice it.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:At this point, I'm willing to accept that trice is civilian and Jay is bad.

I doubt the mafia would have the ability to survive a lynch. Also, Jay is a clever person who I think would target me on Night 3.
Why do you doubt the mafia would have that ability, and why do you suggest I'd have more reason to target you than [whoever] would have to target you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom, a suggestion:

2 letters = "no"

3 letters = "yes"

It doesn't really matter what the letters are. For anything more complex, you could try to use quotes. If you decide to do it this way I would recommend affirming it by quoting this post though, so I/people don't interpret you incorrectly.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

BWT:

I think Marmot makes some fair points regarding your handling of the end of Day 4. Please expand on where your mind was at regarding both trice and MM, and why you eventually voted the the way you did. Also state why it concerned you how many votes MM had before you moved yours.

Also, when you declared trice's case against me (the one specifically featuring the set of links asserting I was suspecting people who suspected me first) to be awful -- what about it did you find awful?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:At this point, I'm willing to accept that trice is civilian and Jay is bad.

I doubt the mafia would have the ability to survive a lynch. Also, Jay is a clever person who I think would target me on Night 3.
My suspicion of you is entirely circumstantial, I will admit. Consider this: Fifteen civilians to three mafia (plus an independent killer) swings things in favor of the civilians. One of the civilian roles is a massive role block, which effectively functions as an automatic protection, buying a free Day phase for the civilians. There is BTSC and potential BTSC. There is a 50% fail safe mafia kill and a 50% fail safe resurrection. Then add five civilian secrets to that.

The three-man Mafia has a killer (who is out), and now the blocker / silencer / vote prevention aspect of the second role is out because the kill has passed down. There are secrets there, and I cannot help but believe that those two secrets consist of good stuff, and by "good," I mean "evil and terrifying." A built in protection would somewhat balance out the aforementioned abilities.

Unless the following is the case, which I don't really believe.
timmer wrote:
I don't believe that because there was a tie, and I didn't see anyone seriously contesting both options, and anyway even someone knowing he won't be lynched would still fight to keep that protection alive.

Addendum: I see 3J has beat me to it.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”