GY!BE Mafia [E.N.D.]

Moderator: Community Team

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 103

Re: [Day 5] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:In Triskaidekaphobia, Rico's alignment ratio was 11 civilians vs. 3 mafia.
10-3-1 tbh fam
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 218

Re: [Day 4] GY!BE Mafia

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey BWT, are you able to produce some summarized/quick reads for me (whether rainbow or not)? I'm curious where your head is at right now.

Linki: Same question to Trice.
Confident civ: Slooneiquin, MP, me

tentative/probably civ: epignosis, Timmer, MM, sig

Mafia 1: was vompatti
Serial Killer: JJJ
Mafia shortlist: Dom, Lorab, scotty, BWT, boomslang

(more info needed): ninja blooper
updated, unfortunately boomslang's death doesn't give us info. I think nijuukyugou must've been civ.
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 379
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Mafia could have immunity. I tend to believe civs are granted such powers more often.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey BWT, are you able to produce some summarized/quick reads for me (whether rainbow or not)? I'm curious where your head is at right now.

Linki: Same question to Trice.
Confident civ: Slooneiquin, MP, me

tentative/probably civ: epignosis, Timmer, MM, sig

Mafia 1: was vompatti
Serial Killer: JJJ
Mafia shortlist: Dom, Lorab, scotty, BWT, boomslang

(more info needed): ninja blooper
updated, unfortunately boomslang's death doesn't give us info. I think nijuukyugou must've been civ.
Boomslang was civ. Accept it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by timmer »

I've been called into work unexpectedly, so I'll be nonparticipatory today.
My siggie.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 589
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Mafia could have immunity. I tend to believe civs are granted such powers more often.
Do you feel the ratios in this game are at all meaningful in that discussion?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trice, could you please summarize your current concerns with each of the players you have listed as a baddie candidate?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Mafia could have immunity. I tend to believe civs are granted such powers more often.
Do you feel the ratios in this game are at all meaningful in that discussion?
That's what's making me reconsider. Especially including civ btsc, potential thereof, and even a possible civ rezz.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Looking at MovingPictures07's ISO. There's so many cot damned posts that I am not going to assess this point-by-point like I might with most ISO reviews. I'm going to specifically look for moments in his posts that I think might be uniquely indicative of something in his alignment.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, I've OT talked enough.

Although recently I've uncovered that POE naturally describes my recently developed playstyle because I much more easily find town reads than I do baddie reads, I've never formally used POE before.

I'll be using POE exclusively this game, and I'd like to approach it both as an individual (with my rainbow lists like I usually do) but as a group this time.

Who wants to join me? :mafia:
MP opening the game with this mindset and what seemed like an enthusiasm about discussing/employing it was a nice look I think. MP is usually an enthusiastic player and has been effective in pretending to be enthusiastic when necessary. This is unique though in that it represents a specific idea MP had and wanted to try out and doesn't represent a "copy" of behavior he's already exhibited as a townie in other games -- at least not under the POE title. His early rainbows reflect an effort to pinpoint townies, as evidenced by the piles of gray non-reads and green town reads.

MP's eventual support of the INH lynch can be viewed in these posts.

MP cited my own face value and past game parallel assessment directly and also name dropped Golden and timmer as inspirations for this movement. I think the important material here is found in the latter half of the second post, when MP details how it was essentially his perspective of INH's behavior that changed as the day progressed, content which meshes with his later rebuttals to criticism (primarily from Epignosis) for his part in that lynch. It's a good example of CYA if MP is bad, and at this point I don't know that he'd have been able to foresee that need so precisely. I think that's a decent look.

Late Day 1 Rainbow -- I appreciate that MP was willing to throw out the nulls here and take conclusive stances. He has taken to my own philosophy on that in recent memory I think, and I think it's good that he pushed himself to do that. I also don't think he'd have felt like he'd have to do that to cover for himself, because he has a long, established history of null portions in his rainbows in other games. In this regard one might assert his middle-area reads are "forced", and perhaps they were -- sometimes I think that's a good thing. It's a way of challenging oneself to stay out of the gray.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote:I don't trust several people on this lynch and I don't think Inh will flip bad.

And JJJ: I'm sorry you hate that post.

I still stand by my first post of this game
You're bad.
MP was severe in his late Day 1 assessment of Scotty. This was 9 minutes prior to the deadline. I'm just putting this here for reference because I recall it happening again later.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm done with this game. I don't really care. I'm really not in the mood for this. I'll be back whenever.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Fuck this game. Seriously. I don't even care if you other townies win anymore.

MovingPictures07
I bring these posts back just to ask a question, because they were abrupt and harsh in a way that was surprising.

MP: I don't expect you to discuss any personal matters or anything external to the game, so if there were things causing these posts that you'd rather not discuss -- don't discuss them. I am concerned with the game at hand only. So: what was happening in this game, if anything, which had you as frustrated as you were at these two junctures of Day 2?

I feel the need to ask this because a precedent was set in RotTK for a baddie MP having a particularly severe moment which erupted in a scenario that I didn't feel warranted that eruption purely in the game. This scenario on GY:BE Day 2 recalls that.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I decided to check my data compilation to see if I could assess trends among the lowest contributory tier of players in Syndicate Mafia games, as a way of qualifying any assumptions about A Person in this game. He has made 6 posts and we're about to complete the 3rd day phase. If he doesn't post again through the night, that'd be 2 posts per cycle. This is a statistic I have tracked for nearly every game played so far in 2016.

Alignment counts for players who have finished a game at or below 2 posts per cycle this year:

Good -- 11

Bad -- 9

Independent -- 5

This is a count of 25 players in the games I have tracked (17 or 18) whose rate of contribution has been comparable to A Person's so far in this game. 44% of them were purely good and 36% of them were purely bad. The indies can be judged as a gray area since their win conditions vary so much. This ratio is a lot closer than it would be if non-contributor alignments were arranged at random in accordance with typical starting rations between good and bad. In that regard, it means people who play like A Person is playing have been baddies more often than randomness would indicate -- suggesting lynching him wouldn't entirely be a guess.

The sample size isn't large enough to make a concrete assertion and stamp it into Mafia law, but it's enough to make me reconsider my prior statement that baddies don't want to let their team mates down by giving nothing to the game. There's clearly a precedent for that.
This is compelling. It also vies with the theory that mafia members are likely to be lower posters, in general, because they have to manufacture all of their content, and may be more likely to sit back while town picks itself apart.

I may be turning around to being OK with an AP lynch. I'm not really opposed with it anyway. I just hate these 'blind' lynches, because I feel like they are essentially coin flips, and they're irritating especially when we have content by which to judge everyone else.
This raises a concern: I've noted two occasions where MP was supportive of some suspicion I stated prior to a lynch and then less supportive of it after the fact. MP supported me in my concerns about INH, and then after he flipped town MP suggested I was his tinfoil suspect for manipulating the thread in the wrong direction. MP supported me in this statistical analysis pertaining to A Person, and then after he flipped town the assessment was different:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't think that's the case for JJJ's d3 AP vote though, which just is utterly uninspiring. His d1 and d2 votes I can deal with.
Please talk about this, MP.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote:Hi.

JJJ wants an answer? My answer is that I was putting most of effort into the Monkey Island, which in and of itself was less time than I would like. In this game, with its early activity, quoting exact posts gets rather tedious when I'm already way behind, because I'll lose track of where I am. Kind of a cop out excuse but that's my excuse.

I don't know if the vote ends now or in a few hours honestly so I popped a vote on JJJ. I think I am with the marmot that JJJ is bad and has been leading us astray. That someone as thorough as JJJ has not produced a successful lynch is not his fault entirely, but he and the other high posters must be scrutinized. I'm not one to talk because I've been more absent than Harry Potter's parents, but if Golden wasn't bad, which it is very apparent he wasn't, then either Mp or JJJ are playing mind games with the thread. I'm willing to bet it's JjJ
CFD Scotty.

Who wants to lynch Scotty with me?
Here's the second example of MP stauchly opposing Scotty in a late day scenario. On Day 1 it was so close to the lynch resolution that there wasn't time to realistically mount a CFD. There was time in this case and MP voiced his desire. At face value I appreciate MP seeing something in a heated moment, hating the way it looks, and trying to steer the wagons in that direction without verbosely blabbering out the specific grievance. The post is just "I hate this, please die" in flavor, and that's a nice look.

~~~

I think that overall MP looks okay. It's not a perfectly sterling resume, and there are points of concern here MP can discuss. Apart from the specifics of each individual post, the full body of effort should also be discussed -- MP is almost always one to play at the speed of light (ironically when he doesn't he totally lurks :p), and I think his earliest pile of effort had the right look. There was enthusiasm and clear hunting effort which didn't begin to subside until his time constraints increased -- and even now in his more limited appearances he seems to be doing work.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 522
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I haven't yet had time for this game. Sorry all. Between spending time with Annie and packing, and then leaving out of Austin tomorrow, it'll be busy. I'll do what I can.

Frankly, I'm considering a replacement at this stage, since until December 26th or later I'll be phone posting and putting in the bare minimum, but I'd prefer to stick around I guess. Just be understanding in advance because it's the only time I've gotten to see most of my family and friends in over a year and likely the last time I'll see a lot of them for a while too.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Dom, a suggestion:

2 letters = "no"

3 letters = "yes"

It doesn't really matter what the letters are. For anything more complex, you could try to use quotes. If you decide to do it this way I would recommend affirming it by quoting this post though, so I/people don't interpret you incorrectly.
IUH
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Trice, could you please summarize your current concerns with each of the players you have listed as a baddie candidate?
Those are based on a combination of patterns as I described before, not on suspicious behavior. I would have to close read for that.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

I was going to say sorry for being away because I parade on wednesday nights, but seems like everybody else was away anyway
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Metalmarsh89 wrote: Boomslang was civ. Accept it.
You're probably right but as I mention above, this is based on looking at night powers and whatnot which doesn't provide a read on boomslang either direction
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I've put a vote on BWT. It's a bit of a trial balloon, to show where I'm looking at the moment. I feel very hampered by the fact that apparently there are only 2 baddies to find (and 1 SK, even harder), with no lynched baddies to help study voting records, so I'm going on post reads for now. More to come.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Random question... Epig, you and MM seem to both be pretty much in sync on the Boomslang-was-very-much-a-civ train. Does MM's view of Boomslang matter to you at all? What I mean is, you've suggested iirc that you want to reattack the same lynch targets as yesterday, but I'm wondering if the fact that you both seem to be in sync on this point changes things at all, or if you think it matters not? I'm just not used to seeing people who semi-think alike go after one another, I suppose.

MM, what do you think of Epig? Same question.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Okay, so I've got to head to bed, but my vote will stay on BWT for now. I would support/not fight against a trice lynch if people are going to go that way as I see a possible connection between them in the posts from yesterday and in the way that BWT so obviously wanted to move his vote off of trice but sort of stage managed it all.

However, I like lynching the person who looks bad first and the partner second, thus BWT gets my vote, but I'm not 100% on this.

I'm not voting for MM, or Epig, or MP for that matter. Those three are civs, I think.
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Quin »

I posted a thing. I know I did. So where did said thing go? I don't know. :confused2:

Phone posting. I'll repost said thing when my internet comes back AGAIN
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Quin »

I was just going to say that I haven't given this game the attention that it deserves and that that's going to change starting tomorrow. I'll be looking into BWT, trice and the marmot first since they've seemed to be the most dominant suspects since I subbed in.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

timmer wrote: However, I like lynching the person who looks bad first and the partner second, thus BWT gets my vote, but I'm not 100% on this.
VKB
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Trice, could you please summarize your current concerns with each of the players you have listed as a baddie candidate?
Those are based on a combination of patterns as I described before, not on suspicious behavior. I would have to close read for that.
Is that something you mean to do, or are you content operating on the basis of night kills/silences/insanifications?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's unfortunate that we've had such a dead phase, including me. I'd really like to hear from BWT today, as well as the other recent quiet people like sig. Timmer is right that it's difficult to data mine in this game with the only potential dead baddie being killed Night 1. The only remedy is live conversation.

I still have holiday things to accomplish this afternoon, but I should have plenty of time approaching the deadline.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LoRab, you seemed more engaged when you couldn't speak clearly than you do now. Why is that?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Everyone who hasn't already commented on this: I'd like to know what impact, if any, the failed lynch of Day 4 has on your reads of trice and MM.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:I think JJJ killing Vomps N1 fits because he would be most prone to wanting to eliminate wild cards. For what it's worth.
Scotty, before I said Vomps may have been bad, what made you feel the way you did about this? Why would I be "the most prone to wanting to eliminate wild cards"?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom, could you provide GTH reads with your code?

birdwithteeth11
Epignosis
JaggedJimmyJay
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
MovingPictures07
Sloonei/Quin
Scotty
sig
timmer
triceratopzeuhl

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [Night 4] GY!BE Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:At this point, I'm willing to accept that trice is civilian and Jay is bad.

I doubt the mafia would have the ability to survive a lynch. Also, Jay is a clever person who I think would target me on Night 3.
Why do you doubt the mafia would have that ability, and why do you suggest I'd have more reason to target you than [whoever] would have to target you?
Marmot, I'd still like an answer to the highlighted question.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:LoRab, you seemed more engaged when you couldn't speak clearly than you do now. Why is that?
Because, irony.

Seriously, though: Because I had a really busy day at work yesterday. Also, because I tend to have more to say when other people are talking more, and no one is really talking much, so there isn't much to respond to.

Also, is Dom the only apparent curse this round? Is there someone or someones else out there who seems to have been cursed that I'm missing or forgetting?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom's is the only curse I see. A number of people haven't posted though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

How do you feel about BWT, LoRab?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Dom, could you provide GTH reads with your code?

birdwithteeth11 - VKB

Epignosis - IK

JaggedJimmyJay - IK

LoRab - VKB

Metalmarsh89 - IK

MovingPictures07 - IK

Sloonei/Quin - IK

Scotty - IK

sig - VKB

timmer - IK

triceratopzeuhl - VKB
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: as well as the other recent quiet people like sig
VKB
VKB
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks Dom. Am I right to assume IK is "good" and WKB is "bad"?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

VKB*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How do you feel about BWT, LoRab?
I'm horrible at reading him in general. I get where the suspicion of him is coming from. I need to read back on his posts. I should have time this afternoon to do that. I'm heading out (into the cold....brrrr....) in a bit to station myself at a cafe to do work for a while--while I'm doing work I can also do "work" and look back at his posts.

I'm still feeling pretty strongly about my trice vote, though.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Right now I'd rather lynch trice than BWT because I think the case is more conclusive. His hyper-focus on night kills/actions leaves a lot of room for manipulation, he has misrepresented me and others to an egregious degree, and I believe the failed lynch is a point against both he and Marmot. If either of them had a civilian-driven lynch protection then this game seems quite imbalanced. I am also skeptical an anti-town-borne lynch save would have been used in a way that isn't immediately beneficial to their own faction (for example a mafia save being used to prevent a lynch between two non-mafia).

I can see the connection being drawn between the two based on EOD4 and it's frustrating to have no comment from BWT himself on the matter yet.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

BWT was very active yesterday in the game and now, with votes piling on, is suddenly absent, which I don't like. He can't be silenced since sleep is killing now, so this is either very unfortunate timing with him being busy or he was hoping by not posting we would swerve away from him. Not liking the situation, either way.
My siggie.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

timmer wrote:I've put a vote on BWT. It's a bit of a trial balloon, to show where I'm looking at the moment. I feel very hampered by the fact that apparently there are only 2 baddies to find (and 1 SK, even harder), with no lynched baddies to help study voting records, so I'm going on post reads for now. More to come.
We are in the same thinking boat.

I lurked for a second yesterday and saw that Bwt was online reading the thread, and found it curious that he wasn't posting to defend himself. Is it possible that there is a silencer in the civ faction that may balance out Sleep's action?

And if BWT has in fact been silenced, how many of you on his train would hesistate to vote him on the basis of honor?

I was looking to vote there too, but always feel a little shitty voting for someone possibly silenced.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:I think JJJ killing Vomps N1 fits because he would be most prone to wanting to eliminate wild cards. For what it's worth.
Scotty, before I said Vomps may have been bad, what made you feel the way you did about this? Why would I be "the most prone to wanting to eliminate wild cards"?
I think of you as someone that tends to prefer a skim vanilla latte when you are bad, if you know what I mean. Less chaos = more control

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Has there been any evidence of a second silencer? And if there was a weird civ silencer, why would they silence someone being talked about for lynch?

Unless the ??? role is a power borrower, which is why we've occasionally had too many curses etc? But even that role is listed under the civs, so.... hmm.

The only other choice for lynch, as far as I'm concerned, is trice, but I'm not sold on trice being bad.
My siggie.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

On the flip to side voting for someone who possibly can't respond is- if my mind was already headed in that direction, I'm sorta kinda wanting to vote there anyway, and it's not even something he can respond to. It's the way he has operated in my read throughs. It's like stuff would happen and as I was reading like 10 pages behind his posts would seem insincere and stick out like a sore thumb.

Ima put a bandaid on that thumb.

bwt

Linki: I still don't see trice as bad :shrug2:

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Scotty wrote:On the flip to side voting for someone who possibly can't respond is- if my mind was already headed in that direction, I'm sorta kinda wanting to vote there anyway, and it's not even something he can respond to. It's the way he has operated in my read throughs. It's like stuff would happen and as I was reading like 10 pages behind his posts would seem insincere and stick out like a sore thumb.

bwt

Yeah I'm not sold on trice either way, I keep changing my thoughts. I feel good about MM, though. And Epig, I think.

I'll leave my vote on BWT, because I don't see how he can truly be silenced and I think it's a good shot at finally hitting a baddie.
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 326

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote:Random question... Epig, you and MM seem to both be pretty much in sync on the Boomslang-was-very-much-a-civ train. Does MM's view of Boomslang matter to you at all? What I mean is, you've suggested iirc that you want to reattack the same lynch targets as yesterday, but I'm wondering if the fact that you both seem to be in sync on this point changes things at all, or if you think it matters not? I'm just not used to seeing people who semi-think alike go after one another, I suppose.

MM, what do you think of Epig? Same question.
MM's opinion of Boomslang doesn't really mean anything to me (most of MM's opinions in general sound loose and superficial to me anyway). As I mentioned, the suspicion I have of him is circumstantial based on the outcome of Day 4, and he couldn't defend against it.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Right now I'd rather lynch trice than BWT because I think the case is more conclusive. His hyper-focus on night kills/actions leaves a lot of room for manipulation, he has misrepresented me and others to an egregious degree, and I believe the failed lynch is a point against both he and Marmot. If either of them had a civilian-driven lynch protection then this game seems quite imbalanced. I am also skeptical an anti-town-borne lynch save would have been used in a way that isn't immediately beneficial to their own faction (for example a mafia save being used to prevent a lynch between two non-mafia).

I can see the connection being drawn between the two based on EOD4 and it's frustrating to have no comment from BWT himself on the matter yet.
I agree that there is more on Trice than on BWT (just looked back at posts, not uber-carefully, but read through them). He's on a list of players that I could see being a teammate of Trice, if Trice is indeed Mafia.

Also, I think it's possible he's been silenced (that there have been extra insanifications on some days is evidence of the possibility of a mimic role), and I don't want to vote for someone who is silenced unless I'm pretty sure about them. Even the possibility is enough reason to hesitate, for me. And, if it seems at a later time that he was faking it, then that's another story. But, in the short run, at least I think he should be able to defend.

Also, I suspect Trice more.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Ricochet »

Transcript
Notice: I cannot stay up for the deadline tonight, because I have an early wake up for early classes, that will just add to one of the most exhausting weeks I've had in a long time. The poll timer will still run its course and the votes come deadline will be final. After that, you are free to keep discussions going or rather go relax and do something else for the next five-six hours.

I will post the result when I wake up and we'll see how to manage the next phase, so that we get back on track afterwards.

Thank u for understand and godsp-
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Thanks Dom. Am I right to assume IK is "good" and WKB is "bad"?
IK
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote:On the flip to side voting for someone who possibly can't respond is- if my mind was already headed in that direction, I'm sorta kinda wanting to vote there anyway, and it's not even something he can respond to. It's the way he has operated in my read throughs. It's like stuff would happen and as I was reading like 10 pages behind his posts would seem insincere and stick out like a sore thumb.

bwt

VKB
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

timmer wrote:BWT was very active yesterday in the game and now, with votes piling on, is suddenly absent, which I don't like. He can't be silenced since sleep is killing now, so this is either very unfortunate timing with him being busy or he was hoping by not posting we would swerve away from him. Not liking the situation, either way.
Dom wrote:
sig - VKB
VKB
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think it's unlikely BWT is pretending to be silenced. The nature of the Sleep role, and the fact that we all know it has the killing power, makes that a strategy which only invites scrutiny. I'd say it's more likely that he is either actually silenced because of whatever other role or mechanic might be in play, or he simply hasn't been around to get involved. That circumstance can apply to any alignment. I think the cases available in the thread already are more pertinent.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Is that something you mean to do, or are you content operating on the basis of night kills/silences/insanifications?
It's something I kinda tried to do but didn't have enough time and didn't reach any conclusions that weren't mentioned here already

Return to “Previous Side Missions”