GY!BE Mafia [E.N.D.]

Moderator: Community Team

triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 218

Re: [Day 5] GY!BE Mafia

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Everyone who hasn't already commented on this: I'd like to know what impact, if any, the failed lynch of Day 4 has on your reads of trice and MM.
I'm 99% sure the coin toss landed on MM because I don't know of any way I would have been protected (unless an anonymous civ decided to protect me)
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 589
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Everyone who hasn't already commented on this: I'd like to know what impact, if any, the failed lynch of Day 4 has on your reads of trice and MM.
I'm 99% sure the coin toss landed on MM because I don't know of any way I would have been protected (unless an anonymous civ decided to protect me)
What does that mean to you with regard to MM's alignment?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
I think a civ protect is more likely than baddie, I also think MM knew he was safe (he has at least twice this game taunted that he wants to get lynched iirc)
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think it's unlikely BWT is pretending to be silenced. The nature of the Sleep role, and the fact that we all know it has the killing power, makes that a strategy which only invites scrutiny. I'd say it's more likely that he is either actually silenced because of whatever other role or mechanic might be in play, or he simply hasn't been around to get involved. That circumstance can apply to any alignment. I think the cases available in the thread already are more pertinent.
"If Sleep kills, he cannot use his regular power during the same Night"
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
I think a civ protect is more likely than baddie, I also think MM knew he was safe (he has at least twice this game taunted that he wants to get lynched iirc)
Does the 15:3:1 ratio have any impact upon your mindset regarding the source of that protection?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think it's unlikely BWT is pretending to be silenced. The nature of the Sleep role, and the fact that we all know it has the killing power, makes that a strategy which only invites scrutiny. I'd say it's more likely that he is either actually silenced because of whatever other role or mechanic might be in play, or he simply hasn't been around to get involved. That circumstance can apply to any alignment. I think the cases available in the thread already are more pertinent.
"If Sleep kills, he cannot use his regular power during the same Night"
Right. That means Sleep can't have silenced anyone today barring some other unseen shenanigans. I am pretty sure BWT would be aware of that as a bad guy and to fake a silence anyway would be a bizarre move.

What is your read on BWT?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by timmer »

The results if the lynch have me believing mm to be good and Trice I'm 50/50.

The point about a role mimicking powers is worth considering re: BWT. I'm not sold 100% on trice being bad but the thoughts against him ate good enough I think if people want to lynch him instead. Sorry for typos on phone
My siggie.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

triceratopzeuhl wrote: It's something I kinda tried to do but didn't have enough time and didn't reach any conclusions that weren't mentioned here already
that is to say, BWT's arbitrary requirement for more MM votes before he would move his yesterday is weird, boomslang didn't really do anything unusual since the timmer vote, scotty has been fairly inactive but I still haven't seen anything suspicious from him, Lorab I didn't have time to check yet (been out)

linki JJJ
Does the 15:3:1 ratio have any impact upon your mindset regarding the source of that protection?
not really because I think the baddies have been given other means to compensate, namely silence and insanifier to disrupt communications and make it easier for them to control discussion. I also think mladic must be an insanifier role and I have doubts that it would be both an insanifier AND a lynch protect.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

triceratopzeuhl wrote: I also think mladic must be an insanifier role and I have doubts that it would be both an insanifier AND a lynch protect.
& sleep already basically has 3 powers even before inheriting kill - silence, vote block, night power block
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

but it's really hard to tell with all the role secrets
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Quin »

Where did the assumption that some role can mimic powers begin? That's too specific for me to not want to look into.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Where did the assumption that some role can mimic powers begin? That's too specific for me to not want to look into.
I can't recall the specific moment it originated if that's your meaning. The idea stems from the high prevalence of players being insanified in some way or another, often a varying amount each day phase. If there's not more than one role doing that as an origin power, it'd suggest there's a mimicking power of some kind.

It's pretty speculative.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote: It's something I kinda tried to do but didn't have enough time and didn't reach any conclusions that weren't mentioned here already
that is to say, BWT's arbitrary requirement for more MM votes before he would move his yesterday is weird, boomslang didn't really do anything unusual since the timmer vote, scotty has been fairly inactive but I still haven't seen anything suspicious from him, Lorab I didn't have time to check yet (been out)

linki JJJ
not really because I think the baddies have been given other means to compensate, namely silence and insanifier to disrupt communications and make it easier for them to control discussion. I also think mladic must be an insanifier role and I have doubts that it would be both an insanifier AND a lynch protect.
And you know that the insanifier is on the baddie team how?

Also, you are assuming a lynch protection. Which I agree seems unlikely. However, "so and so survives the first attempt on his/her life," seems a lot more likely as an addition on any role, good or bad. On a 3 person mafia team, I'd say that it's actually quite likely that one of the 2 living players has that as part of their role description.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 379
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [Night 4] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Night 1, Vompatti was killed by an unknown cause. The most likely cause (based on Sleep making the most recent kill) is that he was Moya and the kill rebounded. It is also possible another player has an ability to "borrow" a power from another player, and Vompatti's kill on himself.

Night 3, it appears that more players were cursed than Night 1. Again, this points to the potential that somebody out there can "borrow" a power. This is compounded by the fact that LoRab's curse was a oft-used one on the Syndicate (run your text through an insanifier), so the power-borrower didn't get to choose it (Rico chose a simple one).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Where did the assumption that some role can mimic powers begin? That's too specific for me to not want to look into.
I can't recall the specific moment it originated if that's your meaning. The idea stems from the high prevalence of players being insanified in some way or another, often a varying amount each day phase. If there's not more than one role doing that as an origin power, it'd suggest there's a mimicking power of some kind.

It's pretty speculative.
Okay. I guess a mimicking role isn't such an out there assumption to make then.

I'm going to throw my vote on Scotty today. I hate myself for doing it but I just haven't done anything reading-wise that makes one lynch favorable to another, and I don't want to make a choice between the main wagons just because.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

BWT's other weird posts have been:
-"civilian minded info" whatever that means
-"I'm not seeing any contributions out of MM except for this one contribution which is basically more than I've done today"
-"I only want to vote for my so-called primary suspect if he's already got 2 votes for (insert reasons here)" as mentioned before
-bizarrely directing 90% of his posts at Timmer for some reason
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm moving my vote to trice for thy moment.
My siggie.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

LoRab wrote: And you know that the insanifier is on the baddie team how?
assumption based on the targets
LoRab wrote:Also, you are assuming a lynch protection. Which I agree seems unlikely. However, "so and so survives the first attempt on his/her life," seems a lot more likely as an addition on any role, good or bad. On a 3 person mafia team, I'd say that it's actually quite likely that one of the 2 living players has that as part of their role description.
"so and so survives the first attempt on their life" is something I would consider a lynch protection, and you could be right & are entitled to believe anything you want about me and MM surviving the lynch without asking my permission (I don't know what really happened, I'm speculating)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
timmer wrote:Random question... Epig, you and MM seem to both be pretty much in sync on the Boomslang-was-very-much-a-civ train. Does MM's view of Boomslang matter to you at all? What I mean is, you've suggested iirc that you want to reattack the same lynch targets as yesterday, but I'm wondering if the fact that you both seem to be in sync on this point changes things at all, or if you think it matters not? I'm just not used to seeing people who semi-think alike go after one another, I suppose.

MM, what do you think of Epig? Same question.
MM's opinion of Boomslang doesn't really mean anything to me (most of MM's opinions in general sound loose and superficial to me anyway). As I mentioned, the suspicion I have of him is circumstantial based on the outcome of Day 4, and he couldn't defend against it.
Nope.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Real question, trice: Does weird mean baddie to you? Because I agree that aspects of BWT's posts are strange, but I'm not sure they are necessarily suspect.

linkitis: Why would I need your permission for anything?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
We clearly have opposing views here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Im going with trice now. BWT earns a single day for potentially being silenced, I don't want to vote him if he truly can't pit.
My siggie.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

timmer wrote:Im going with trice now. BWT earns a single day for potentially being silenced, I don't want to vote him if he truly can't pit.
IK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

For what it's worth I don't recall seeing BWT or sig around here this phase, posting in this game or otherwise.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:For what it's worth I don't recall seeing BWT
VKB
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:or sig around here this phase, posting in this game or otherwise.
IK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:For what it's worth I don't recall seeing BWT or sig around here this phase, posting in this game or otherwise.
I thought someone said they saw him lurking?
My siggie.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

LoRab wrote:Real question, trice: Does weird mean baddie to you? Because I agree that aspects of BWT's posts are strange, but I'm not sure they are necessarily suspect.

linkitis: Why would I need your permission for anything?
not necessarily, I haven't even voted for BWT, I think he always posts weird (no offense bird)
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

timmer wrote:Im going with trice now. BWT earns a single day for potentially being silenced, I don't want to vote him if he truly can't pit.
He's not silenced, sleep killed last night
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

timmer wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:For what it's worth I don't recall seeing BWT or sig around here this phase, posting in this game or otherwise.
Yeah looks like Scotty said that. Could be.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

timmer wrote:
I did in fact see him lurking yesterday.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
timmer wrote:
Yeah looks like Scotty said that. Could be.
IK
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

It's pretty speculative.

I'm going to throw my vote on Scotty today. I hate myself for doing it but I just haven't done anything reading-wise that makes one lynch favorable to another, and I don't want to make a choice between the main wagons just because.
Then vote yourself or don't vote. Why is it on me

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
He's not silenced, sleep killed last night
VKB
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

PBRR
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

guess I'll move my vote to BWT though because 2 people I think are good voted for him (contrast with 2 of my top baddie suspects & the serial killer voting for me)
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Trice is in line to get lynched and I don't like it.

Where the rest of the votes at? We have 30 minutes and for once, I'm around for a hot second

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I think MM chose to let himself be lynched to show us that he had the power to stop it. I would think that is a more civ move. I don't find trice fishy at all right now.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:I think MM chose to let himself be lynched to show us that he had the power to stop it. I would think that is a more civ move. I don't find trice fishy at all right now.
What do you mean by "let himself be lynched"? His last vote is what allowed the tie with trice to happen, otherwise he'd have had the lead on his own.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Scotty wrote:Trice is in line to get lynched and I don't like it.

Where the rest of the votes at? We have 30 minutes and for once, I'm around for a hot second
mafia is really fun when half the civs are absentee
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

It's pretty speculative.

Then vote yourself or don't vote. Why is it on me
1) Not after what happened in Monkey Island
2) I'd be punished
3) Because you're not being lynched today
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

K
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Scotty wrote:Trice is in line to get lynched and I don't like it.

mafia is really fun when half the civs are absentee
3 players didn't vote. That isn't half the civs.

Assuming of the 12 living players, 2 mafia and 1 SK, that is 9 civs.

Also, you are assuming that they were all no shows and not somehow silenced, which given how many secrets are in this game, and given the tone of your post, is kind of rude.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I just got butchered in Lost so I'm here now. I'll get onto my ISO's soon.
ImageImageImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Quin wrote:I just got butchered in Lost so I'm here now. I'll get onto my ISO's soon.
start with dom and lorab
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Quin wrote:I just got butchered in Lost so I'm here now. I'll get onto my ISO's soon.
start with dom and lorab
Please do. I have no reason to fear someone reading my posts.

You keep saying you suspect me and I can't remember your saying why. Do you have a reason?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 326

Post by Epignosis »

My vote was a rushed vote. I had to work 12 hours today and barely got my vote in on time.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
timmer wrote:Random question... Epig, you and MM seem to both be pretty much in sync on the Boomslang-was-very-much-a-civ train. Does MM's view of Boomslang matter to you at all? What I mean is, you've suggested iirc that you want to reattack the same lynch targets as yesterday, but I'm wondering if the fact that you both seem to be in sync on this point changes things at all, or if you think it matters not? I'm just not used to seeing people who semi-think alike go after one another, I suppose.

MM, what do you think of Epig? Same question.
MM's opinion of Boomslang doesn't really mean anything to me (most of MM's opinions in general sound loose and superficial to me anyway). As I mentioned, the suspicion I have of him is circumstantial based on the outcome of Day 4, and he couldn't defend against it.
Nope.
To be clear here, I meant, "he couldn't defend against it if he wanted to."
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Looks like a post is incoming. :martini:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 103

[Day 6] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: [Day 6] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

Well well well. I have a new EP. It's entitled 3J Bought to Die.
Ricochet wrote:Image
??? Casketjack The person who reported on social media to be in possession of the ALFOTHAD cassette, still alive after vanishing from the site. He actually got angered at the unreasonable requests from social media fans about distributing, leaking or sharing the content of ALFOTHAD. As such, he also does not want any player to know of Alfothad's (the player) identity.

Casketjack is listed as civilian, but
begins as independent and knows Alfothad’s identity; Alfothad does not know the identity of Casketjack, but will search for him every night, in order to recruit him and gain BTSC. From that point, they can win as the last team standing. If Alfothad is lynched after recruitment occurs, Casketjack can replace him as the serial killer and keep their share win con active. Casketjack's vote for Alfothad in a lynch poll will be worth 0. If Alfothad unknowingly targets an unrecruited Casketjack with a nightkill, the action will fail, but only the first time it occurs.

If Alfothad never finds Casketjack and dies before doing so, Casketjack then reverts to a vanilla civilian. Casketjack's role description will be exposed if Motherfucker = Redeemer checks him, upon recruitment or if he is lynched or if Alfothad dies.
That description sounds like Casketjack could have been recruited, presumably by the Mafia, which would explain one of their secrets.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”