67%

Total votes: 12
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 4]

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Quin wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:There are people who are posting less/scumhunting less than they would otherwise because they are afraid of dying by the other team via nightkill.
Who are they?
You're missing the point; I'm getting bored.
Why did you think that Snow Dog and DDL were partners based on the Snow Dog posts you quoted?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Epignosis wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Assuming three things:

First, Eloh is bad.

Second, Mafias aren't self-targeting.

Third, the VP curses someone.

This would mean that Eloh would have had to be with the troupe and would have had to have thrown sprityo2 under the bus when she could have saved him. I'm not especially comfortable believing that.
Why wouldn't Mafias self-target?
That's why I listed that as an assumption. It isn't a fact.
Better question: why would we assume that?
You don't have to assume that. I'm not asking you to assume that. But that assumption has to be false if Eloh is bad and not with the troupe.

If the Mafia did target one of their own with a curse, then what mileage are they getting out of it? She can still post normally- she just apparently has to be super respectful to me refer to me as a certain role.
The Mafia doesn't get a particular amount of mileage with the punishments in the first place; they can minorly inconvenience someone for a day, but not more than that. Why not target one of their own to make it look like they aren't on the same team?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Epi's "I'm reading LC as town and I'm never saying why" childhood taunt makes me want to think town.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Quin »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:There are people who are posting less/scumhunting less than they would otherwise because they are afraid of dying by the other team via nightkill.
Who are they?
Why did you think that Snow Dog and DDL were partners based on the Snow Dog posts you quoted?
I didn't like how Snow Dog put a vote on DDL 'randomly' at first, but then came back to justify that he was considering two specific people. I don't buy that it was a simple reference to Vompatti because he felt the need to justify it beyond that. His change in mindset about DDL's alignment was sudden and I don't see the posts in his history that would support that change of opinion.

I think that it's unlikely that they're teammates now, because DDL proposing that the vig policy kill him would be a risky move, because it's something that I could see a vig might actually get on board with early on.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 408

Post by Epignosis »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

First, Eloh is bad.

This would mean that Eloh would have had to be with the troupe and would have had to have thrown sprityo2 under the bus when she could have saved him. I'm not especially comfortable believing that.
You don't have to assume that. I'm not asking you to assume that. But that assumption has to be false if Eloh is bad and not with the troupe.

If the Mafia did target one of their own with a curse, then what mileage are they getting out of it? She can still post normally- she just apparently has to be super respectful to me refer to me as a certain role.
The Mafia doesn't get a particular amount of mileage with the punishments in the first place; they can minorly inconvenience someone for a day, but not more than that. Why not target one of their own to make it look like they aren't on the same team?
Because that almost never works.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Post restrictions seem like they're being used for amusement's sake, not sure anything rules out mafia targeting mafia with them since they aren't of the silencing or hard inconveniencing type anymore unless VP doesn't know what he's doing.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Sorsha »

Epi you are confusing me.

You think Eloh is bad.

You don't think she is in the Troupe because of her sprityo vote.

But you don't think the Guardians self targeted one of their own?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [NIGHT 3]

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Elohcin wrote:BUT...I was right about Sprit and got no stinkin' credit for it.
Yuck.
Do you think Epi was being irrational for the reasons Quin outlined?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:Epi you are confusing me.
I don't see why.
Sorsha wrote:You think Eloh is bad.
Yes, with a few asterisks now.
Sorsha wrote:You don't think she is in the Troupe because of her sprityo vote.
Had that lynch played out any other way, I would consider a defeated teammate taking one for the team. Maybe that still happened. But given the precise nature of that role, it seems unlikely. Long Con is very easy to make up a reason to vote for him.
Sorsha wrote:But you don't think the Guardians self targeted one of their own?
I never said that. It's an operational assumption.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Post restrictions seem like they're being used for amusement's sake, not sure anything rules out mafia targeting mafia with them since they aren't of the silencing or hard inconveniencing type anymore unless VP doesn't know what he's doing.
I'm not trying to rule that out. I'm assuming that to see what must be true if that is in fact the case.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by DFaraday »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Elo frequently gets overwhelmed and behind in games, it's why she usually says she likes Heists better than full games. But in all this time playing with her I have never felt like she specifically was sheeping Epi. It's a new move for her and I can't see a good reason for it that looks civ to me. I could see her being Indy, after her response to the Dom lynch though.

Still reading through DDL at the moment.
That makes sense; I agree with your conclusion that what you've found is probably more of an Indy tell.

DFaraday, do people that are recruited by Ishmael flip as Cult of Ishmael or do they flip their original role and nothing more?
The lynch post will indicate whether they were recruited.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis wrote:
I don't see why.
Because it looks like you're calling Eloh bad but then giving reasons for her not to be on either of the teams.
Epignosis wrote:
Had that lynch played out any other way, I would consider a defeated teammate taking one for the team. Maybe that still happened. But given the precise nature of that role, it seems unlikely. Long Con is very easy to make up a reason to vote for him.
I don't know why you would assume that a mafia team wouldn't target themselves with a curse like this. Seems like more of an opinion of yours that you think it's a bad decision. And whether they did or whether they didn't just leads to the whole wifom situation.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 235

Post by sig »

I haven't read the thread yet and I don't know if I will tonight, however I don't want to lynch DDL or Dom 2.0 I think both lynches would be bad.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I don't see why.
Because it looks like you're calling Eloh bad but then giving reasons for her not to be on either of the teams.
Am I supposed to be married to the idea that she's bad? You don't think I should consider other scenarios?
Sorsha wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I don't know why you would assume that a mafia team wouldn't target themselves with a curse like this. Seems like more of an opinion of yours that you think it's a bad decision. And whether they did or whether they didn't just leads to the whole wifom situation.
[/quote]

:sigh:

Hence the word "operational." It isn't something I'm actually assuming. The assumptions are things that would have to lead to the conclusion stated.

How about you give us your opinion about Eloh?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I was pretty neutral on her up until you called her a baddie yesterday. I tend to put a lot of weight into what spouses say about one another and I don't think you'd say she's bad unless you really believed it.

What's getting to me now is how you seem to be back pedaling. Is it because Quin and Golden- the other two you called bad are off the poll today?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I started catching up, but I'm tired and my eyes are glazing over.

I'll try again in the morning.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If I'm good (or independent), and good people accuse me of being bad, I would like the courtesy of them at least attempting to put a civilian context around my actions and reactions.

That's what I'm doing for Eloh.

That isn't backpedaling. That's called thinking.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Spacedaisy »

Quin wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Who are they?
I didn't like how Snow Dog put a vote on DDL 'randomly' at first, but then came back to justify that he was considering two specific people. I don't buy that it was a simple reference to Vompatti because he felt the need to justify it beyond that. His change in mindset about DDL's alignment was sudden and I don't see the posts in his history that would support that change of opinion.

I think that it's unlikely that they're teammates now, because DDL proposing that the vig policy kill him would be a risky move, because it's something that I could see a vig might actually get on board with early on.
So you think that Snow Dog is bad but not a teamie with DDL, correct? Does that mean you are thinking DDL is good, or possibly bad on the other team?
sig wrote:I haven't read the thread yet and I don't know if I will tonight, however I don't want to lynch DDL or Dom 2.0 I think both lynches would be bad.
I agree that I think lynching DDL would be bad. I don't want to lynch Dom 2.0, but I have no read on what his role might be I just don't see any good reason for it, and would rather get a read on him in his new role before deciding if I should vote for him.

Regarding Elo, I'm currently leaning Indy on her I think. Her actions in Dom's lynch just read very indy. She would still want to buddy, because Indy's need to survive. It would fit the circumstances more naturally I think.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy, I don't understand your confidence on MP.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Quin »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Quin wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Who are they?

So you think that Snow Dog is bad but not a teamie with DDL, correct? Does that mean you are thinking DDL is good, or possibly bad on the other team?
That's where my thoughts are right now for the both of them. I'd lean towards the latter regarding DDL, but I admittedly feel like my judgement is somewhat clouded there. Since he's all but cleared of being troupe, I'm not interested in voting him today.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 547

Post by Golden »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Golden wrote:Nacho, it is significantly weaker. Enough for me to not be town reading him. Not enough for me to get a significant sense of doom though. Could be bad, could be indy... but it would not be truthful to say I am reading him bad yet either (although I'm still working my way through older posts and his recent ones aren't inspiring). Sometimes I get clean reads on the people I can read, other times it's not as clean. Definitely nothing clean here.
Why didn't you comment on it when you saw it?
Saw what?

I've commented on everything I've seen that is worthy of comment. Maybe I misunderstand what you meant was weaker.
still talking about the role speculation
I took this to mean the post where he analysed the roles and asked the host questions early on. Is that what you meant?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote:Spacedaisy, I don't understand your confidence on MP.
I am fairly confident he is a wasted vote. His behavior screams indy to me and has since Day 0. It's not about trusting him, it's about simply not caring to vote for him because it is a waste of my time.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Loving what I'm seeing from Daisy today. Glad to see Nacho getting back in it and I like most of his contributions as well.

Not voting either of them today.

The whole Eloh Epi discussion actually makes Epi look worse to me than Eloh. Put me on the "bad assumptions lead to bad conclusions" team. Eloh still scum in my eyes but definitely merits a full ISO. Epi still town in my eyes but I could see cult recruit. He gives Eloh the benefit of the doubt, then denies it. Does not seem pocketed. Wants a reason to not vote Eloh.

I don't like Golden as a whole but I like every Golden post aimed in my direction. Needs an ISO to get a better read.

Daisy's case against Snow sounds a lot like my actual problem with Snow. Lots of throwaway posts and too little content. Much as I like Daisy, my trust in her is newfound. Snow deserves a full iso.

Now, how much time I have to do these ISOs depends on how long Big Love keeps my wife's interest. :p
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 547

Post by Golden »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Loving what I'm seeing from Daisy today. Glad to see Nacho getting back in it and I like most of his contributions as well.

Not voting either of them today.

The whole Eloh Epi discussion actually makes Epi look worse to me than Eloh. Put me on the "bad assumptions lead to bad conclusions" team. Eloh still scum in my eyes but definitely merits a full ISO. Epi still town in my eyes but I could see cult recruit. He gives Eloh the benefit of the doubt, then denies it. Does not seem pocketed. Wants a reason to not vote Eloh.

I don't like Golden as a whole but I like every Golden post aimed in my direction. Needs an ISO to get a better read.

Daisy's case against Snow sounds a lot like my actual problem with Snow. Lots of throwaway posts and too little content. Much as I like Daisy, my trust in her is newfound. Snow deserves a full iso.

Now, how much time I have to do these ISOs depends on how long Big Love keeps my wife's interest. :p
Ie, you're seeing a guy who doesn't have much time and his doing his best with what he's got.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 87

Post by Elohcin »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

First, Eloh is bad.

On my phone, so one quote post at a time. We would assume that because a lot of times, self-targeting is prohibited on the syndicate.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [NIGHT 3]

Post by Elohcin »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:BUT...I was right about Sprit and got no stinkin' credit for it.
Yuck.
Do you think Epi was being irrational for the reasons Quin outlined?
I already commented about this topic of rational/irrational. I think it was the :beer: I didn't see a calculated baddie epi or a civ epi. And it was just those specific posts that were wonky IMO. I mean...Just the ones from that specific evening.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Shoot....Sir epi. Ebwop
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:If I'm good (or independent), and good people accuse me of being bad, I would like the courtesy of them at least attempting to put a civilian context around my actions and reactions.

That's what I'm doing for Eloh.

That isn't backpedaling. That's called thinking.
I think your attempts to put a civilian context around my curse was good, Sir. I think your points show that I am not bad.

I can see how Sorsha can look at your points and be confused on how you can still see me as bad.
I think players are having a hard time understanding your confidence on me, Sir. I really think you ought to take a step back and humble yourself a bit. I know you used to be able to read me really well the first couple years we were playing Mafia together. But I think I have gotten better and have proven several times that I can fool you whether that be that I am bad and you think I am civ, or that I am civ and you think I am bad. And...I think others are realizing that you might not be able to discern my alignment so easily anymore. I am just waiting for you to realize it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
I think players are having a hard time understanding your confidence on me, Sir. I really think you ought to take a step back and humble yourself a bit. I know you used to be able to read me really well the first couple years we were playing Mafia together. But I think I have gotten better and have proven several times that I can fool you whether that be that I am bad and you think I am civ, or that I am civ and you think I am bad. And...I think others are realizing that you might not be able to discern my alignment so easily anymore. I am just waiting for you to realize it.
It is precisely because I don't have confidence that I am doing what I can to make up my mind one way or the other. At no point have I asserted that you are the open book that you used to be. In fact, I have already implied just the opposite.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Wants a reason to not vote Eloh.
That's true. I would like a reason not to vote her. If I can find a good one, then I don't vote for her, and mafia squirms a little more.

That's how this works with anybody.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marco had ten posts. The only thing noteworthy he said was this:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:I didn't do much anyway, but now I'll definitely be phone posting while we do Christmas things.

I voted for DDL. I think he's bad.
Snow Dog wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:And with that, I'm gonna vote LC in order to attempt to put another option in the table.
Despite voting for you first time round I have good feelings about you. I won't be voting for you this time.
Snow Dog wrote:
Golden wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:What's the advantage of random voting at all?

If you're not the determiner, you might as well not vote.

If you are the determiner....you want to determine who should die randomly?
Not voting as any kind of deliberate choice is very much frowned upon in our history.

Having said that, I generally agree that any slight read is better than randomising.

I'm not convinced it was entirely random, though. Perhaps random within a pool, or perhaps not random at all.

linki - what kind of cookie?
It wasn't entirely random i confess. It was a straight choice between DDL and Jack. The two guys who wanted me lynched. I chose DDL because I read somewhere that he was more likely bad.
I was tired, I needed to go to bed and I had to vote. Plus I wanted to give a nod to Vompatti's playstyle as I had done DrWilgy earlier.
And if he's bad, Snow Dog is his teammate.
This business is too obvious for Quin's sophistication.
I don't know what this means.
Marco wrote:It means we vote for you, I think.
The tone suggests this is a joke, though, and Marco didn't vote Quin Day 2 (he didn't vote at all). His replacement hasn't posted anything at all.

I have no reason at this moment to believe Marcodom is a civilian.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Yes but do you have a reason to believe he is mafia. Because that is why you would vote for him. Personally I think a Marco/Dom vote is baseless and lazy.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 0]

Post by Epignosis »

Has anybody talked about this, or was there something terribly obvious that I missed?
Golden wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:I don't see the merit in the discussion.
I agree. It's arguing policy again. Let glorf be glorf.
Your eloquence has been rewarded, my friend :bighug:
Ooooh, I see what you mean.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:Yes but do you have a reason to believe he is mafia. Because that is why you would vote for him. Personally I think a Marco/Dom vote is baseless and lazy.
All I am saying is that, out of the people I can vote for today, I have no reason to refrain from lynching him. If I find excellent reasons not to vote for anybody else on the list, Marcodom it is. That's all.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In case I'm not clear, I have no reason to suspect Marcodom either.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I understand though I doubt I will vote there myself.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel's pushing this leads me to believe that zebra is not on his team. It would have been superfluous were they teammates.
Glorfindel wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I'll be defending Glorfindel too unless I catch him unwilling to lie about something. :p
I'm sorry, my dear friend... I'm probably a little slow at the moment (in the frantic lead up to the holiday season) but could you please explain for me what you meant by your remark above? I assure you that I've taken no offence at it and I trust you will take none for me asking - I just want to be certain I understood what you meant :bighug:
Glorfindel wrote:Unfinished business:
Glorfindel wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I'll be defending Glorfindel too unless I catch him unwilling to lie about something. :p
I'm sorry, my dear friend... I'm probably a little slow at the moment (in the frantic lead up to the holiday season) but could you please explain for me what you meant by your remark above? I assure you that I've taken no offence at it and I trust you will take none for me asking - I just want to be certain I understood what you meant :bighug:
Glorfindel wrote:Aaahh, welcome back my friends to the 'Glorfindel Hour' :D

I've read the recent posts in this game and refuse any longer to be exploited as a potential distraction any further this game by certain players for their own ends. I will deal with this matter right here, right now!

By way of background (for those of you who were not involved) in my last game here (Mad Max) I was asked by Jay to directly and explicitly respond to a series of questions that he put to me that amounted to a declaration of my alignment in that game. His questions were prompted by statements that I'd made in previous games to the effect that I would not lie if asked a direct question as to my alignment in any Mafia game. I have included both his questions and my response to them here for your information.
Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Glorfindel, I still need answers to these questions:

1. Are you bad?

2. Are you a member of a team that killed anyone in this group: MovingPictures07, MacDougall, motel room?
I'm going to adjust the first question.

1. Are you a member of the team in this Mafia game called the Skags?

Please still answer both.
Thank you Jay for your patience in awaiting my reply to your questions. I now ask your indulgence one more time - to grant me the courtesy of reading my response carefully and thoughtfully before jumping to any conclusions. I thank you sincerely in advance for your courtesy in this regard.

It's been six days and nights now and things look grim for us and it's in this context that you ask me these questions. Though you may deny it, the truth is that these questions are NOT about my role in this game, they speak directly and unequivocally to my personal character.

In posts I've made in earlier games on this site (and others) I have (somewhat naively) traded on my personal integrity and honesty in never having lied about my alignment in any Mafia game I've ever played. My protestations however have been to no avail and have gone almost completely unheeded. And now, as this game draws to a bitter end, you (someone whose respect I genuinely cherish) come to me asking me to confirm my alignment.

If I recall correctly, my approach (as referred to above) was a topic of discussion between the two of us and Epi in the Town BTSC Chat last game (The Garden of Peaches). In our conversation, you or Epi (I can't recall now who) asked me to consider what that might mean in future games I play for the other members of a non-Town team (and specifically Mafia teams I suppose) of which I may find myself a part. The two of you challenged me to consider the price of my approach with respect to the enjoyment of others who play these games and whose experience of them may be seriously diminished by the selfishness of my approach. I did consider your points carefully and find myself left in a dilemma in respect of my playing Mafia games in the future.

It is for this reason, that I am not going to avoid or dance around your questions. I simply categorically refuse to answer them because to do so, would continue to perpetuate what I now fear is a bad approach to these games on my behalf. When I say that I refuse to answer them, let me be absolutely explicit here, I mean not now and not ever again. I trust you will understand what I've tried to explain here in all sincerity. I accept that some more cynical minds will question why I've taken this stance right now, in this game and whether it wouldn't be easier for me to simply answer your questions and adopt my new approach next game. To me, this is a moral question. If I am unable to stand by my principles in a time when (it appears) it counts the most, then when can I?

As for this game, I'd ask you, my friend to apply the same measure to me that you would to everyone else. Consider my actions and my comments throughout this game and if you find them wanting, then by all means, you should vote for me. If however you find they are reasonable under what you believe to have been my circumstances and ability, then you should look elsewhere.
Whilst (as I indicated in the post above) my decision to adopt this approach was made independent of my alignment in that game, I'm pretty sure only Jay actually understood what I meant there and every other player interpreted my response as simply a feeble and expedient means of dodging Jay's questions for that game.

As I said in the coloured section of that post, I will no longer declare my alignment in any game I play on this site irrespective of my alignment then, now or in the future. Let me be crystal clear about this - if you are uncomfortable with me taking this approach or unwilling to accept my adopting it, then you should vote to remove me from this game, AND the next game AND the one after that because this is a matter of deeply held principle to me upon which I will not compromise.
That doesn't mean zebra isn't on the other team, of course, but I feel like I can rule him out of that one on the basis of the above.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 1]

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:Am I allowed to vote 'We Didn't Start The Fire'? I'm really not liking the look of those leading wagons...
Who were the leading wagons Day 1?

DDL and sprityo the first. The latter was a civilian.

If this were anybody else I was examining, I would say that's a mark against DDL. But it isn't anybody else.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Am I allowed to vote 'We Didn't Start The Fire'? I'm really not liking the look of those leading wagons...
Why?
Who would you like to vote for, grand elf?
I don't think I've seen sufficient genuine content so far to make a judgement to be honest, my friend - and yes, I know I bear some responsibility for that... Of the current wagons, MM's looks the most pure but from my recollection, the poor guy gets lynched early every game I play with him :(
Glorfindel included MM as one of the wagons and commented that it looked "the most pure." However, Glorfindel's reluctance to vote there stemmed from his memory about MM getting lynched early.

For my own sense of completeness:

Star Wars- MM was killed by the second mafia team Night 4.
Pikmin- MM survived to the end and won as mafia.
Arkham- MM was killed by the second mafia Night 6.
Battlestar Galactica- MM was killed Night 6.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms- MM was mafia and was lynched Day 2.

These are all the instances in which Glorfindel and MetalMarsh89 played together. MM got lynched only once, and he was bad. In every other instance, MM was killed Night 4 or later or survived.

I currently believe MM and Glorfindel are on the same team.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

However, MM's later interactions with Glorfindel give me pause.
Glorfindel wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Why?
Who would you like to vote for, grand elf?
I don't think I've seen sufficient genuine content so far to make a judgement to be honest, my friend - and yes, I know I bear some responsibility for that... Of the current wagons, MM's looks the most pure but from my recollection, the poor guy gets lynched early every game I play with him :(
How is my wagon pure? Zebra didn't read my posts properly and I don't even know why Daisy is voting for me (aside from gut).

If you joined it, it would be pure. But I don't want that.
I mean that I feel very confident in Daisy and Zebs being Town. That doesn't mean I necessarily agree with them however. I'm not voting for you right now.
Glorfindel wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I voted sprityo to break the tie between him and DDL. I didn't get a chance to look at sprityo, nor DDL for that matter. But y'all left me to break a tie, so :shrug:

Here's a list of players who missed the vote (including sprityo).
  • Dom
    DrWilgy
    Elohcin
    Epignosis
    Glorfindel
    LoRab
    Marco
    Nachomamma8
    soup
    sprityo
I would like to point out (for the record) my friend that I did not 'miss' the vote. I deliberately withheld mine. I was faced with a choice between two players of which I was unwilling to support either.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:And there you go... vindicated again!
This tells me DDL is not on Glorfindel's team. DDL was the other leading wagon, and Glorfindel condemned both simultaneously.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: Glorfindel included MM as one of the wagons and commented that it looked "the most pure." However, Glorfindel's reluctance to vote there stemmed from his memory about MM getting lynched early.

For my own sense of completeness:

Star Wars- MM was killed by the second mafia team Night 4.
Pikmin- MM survived to the end and won as mafia.
Arkham- MM was killed by the second mafia Night 6.
Battlestar Galactica- MM was killed Night 6.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms- MM was mafia and was lynched Day 2.

These are all the instances in which Glorfindel and MetalMarsh89 played together. MM got lynched only once, and he was bad. In every other instance, MM was killed Night 4 or later or survived.

I currently believe MM and Glorfindel are on the same team.
This tells me there is a player on Glorf's team who has played with me for a while, or that Glorf picked up that tidbit in a previous game.

But you're right, I've hardly been lynched early lately.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 47

Post by a2thezebra »

alive

12 hour shift

bring it on
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 47

Post by a2thezebra »

not caught up will try to vote after work
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:Has anybody talked about this, or was there something terribly obvious that I missed?
Golden wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:I don't see the merit in the discussion.
I agree. It's arguing policy again. Let glorf be glorf.
Your eloquence has been rewarded, my friend :bighug:
Ooooh, I see what you mean.
Hi Sir. This is interesting. It was Golden that also said we ought not talk about Dom's past life at all. Said we ought to make it "off limits" and "infer nothing" from it. I bet Dom came back bad and it's a team of him, Golden, and Sprit/Glor, and whoever else (I think there are four total...I'd have to look again).
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

And shoot, neither Golden or Dom are on the poll.

What do you thin of my theory though, Sir, and everyone else.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Elohcin wrote:And shoot, neither Golden or Dom are on the poll.

What do you thin of my theory though, Sir, and everyone else.
I don't think it holds water, my good lady. I should inform you that I will most likely be voting you on this, the final day of 2016.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Roll call.

I don't suspect Daisy.

I don't think DDL is a teammate of Glorfindel's.

I have some suspicion of Eloh, but she's been cursed (however mildly), and I don't care for the way some here have tried to force me into staying suspicious of her when there is some evidence in her favor.

Marcodom I have no opinion on, but people I don't suspect say not to lynch him, and I'd rather hear from Dom anyway.

MP I have no opinion on, but Spacedaisy says she thinks he's independent. The trouble here is that if there aren't any Mafia on the poll, an independent lynch may be the best available option.

I don't suspect Nacho.

I don't think Soneji is a teammate of Glorfindel's.

I don't suspect sig.

I don't think zebra was a teammate of Glorfindel's.

That brings me to Snow Dog.

Glorfindel didn't comment at all about Snow Dog saying he didn't read his PM, nor did he have any interaction with Snow Dog at all.
Snow Dog wrote:
sig wrote:
sprityo wrote:Let me go over what glorf had said yesterday to see what youre talking about sig, cause i dont remember much outside of he was having a bad_time.jpg
It's more of a lack of reads and his meta, and my opinion won't be changed on it, since your a better scum player. This vote is all meta based and it would have happened if Glorf was alive. I suggest people follow me, but like I said it is meta based.

linki: Yeah that is my point he didn't do anything, that is a clear scum tell for Glorf. If he was a civ he'd have been reading people and doing things. He also would have voted or at least said he wasn't going to vote.
I am tempted to follow your lead and put my trust in you as I know nothing of the elf.
Snow Dog wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:My only problem with, well one of the problems with lynching spirtyo is that the poor chap has already been lynched once and lynching him again appears unduly harsh.
There is no such thing as harsh in mafia. If you find a person suspicious, nothing in their personal life or game situation should stop you from voting them. The whole purpose of the replacement "tactic" is to play on emotion fueled leniency like you are displaying here.
So shoot me.
That isn't good. Snow Dog said he knows "nothing of the elf," but backed away on the basis that a recently lynched person is stepping in. A replacement has no bearing on the role in question, and sig was clear that he was voting sprityo based completely on his predecessor's activity.
Snow Dog wrote:Sprityo, what is your opinion of Glorfindel. Good or bad?
I don't see the merit in asking this question. What is sprityo supposed to say here?

Rather than consider other avenues of suspicion, Snow Dog basically spent the Day talking about the initials SD, finding out who soup is, complimenting DDL's English and noting that DDL wouldn't get his vote again, and then getting full of the Christmas "spirit."
Snow Dog wrote:ok i need to bed so i need to vote,
Snow Dog wrote:I do think LC might be bad.
Snow Dog wrote:fuck knows where
Snow Dog wrote:Ok Im not voting
Snow Dog wrote:Anyway I am not votging good night tossers!
Question: Why would someone late in the Day say "I do think LC might be bad," but then abstain from voting?

Answer: Given the mechanics in play, voting for LC could expose more members of the troupe, especially since the only logical thing for sprityo to do would be to vote in self-defense. It looks to me like Snow Dog tried to fan the flames toward Long Con but didn't want to get his own hands dirty in the process.
Snow Dog wrote:Ok I am back refreshed and sober. Sorry for not voting but I wasn't responsible enough. Good call sig. I possibly would have voted for Spit or whatever if I had been clear and lucid.
I will try to be more involved and do some real baddie hunting.
:|
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think mafia teams wouldn't mind seeing ties, because then they might get an idea of who Justice Strauss is.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hey Snow Dog, why do you suspect Long Con?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”