Total votes: 15
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 4 - Too Slow

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:How are we all feeling about JOH today?
Please tell me your own read, based on whatever content you have read, before others answer your prod.
Nothing has changed since I left the thread yesterday.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

I am sorry for being curt. I'm just upset that 3J is going to reclaim his title for most posts given his newfound motivation today. :pout:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have apparently voted to travel West. I do not recall doing this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:INH was self-aligned, and his interests were purely his own. It wasn't the best lynch, it wasn't the worst lynch. Most importantly, in the eyes of the Hive team, he was not one of theirs. In that vein it can be treated as a mislynch, particularly during the day prior to INH revealing himself as an LMS independent role. The votes that preceded that claim:

Golden
speedchuck
JOH
Fredwood

I would appreciate if the four of you would at least briefly state or restate what motivated your INH votes when you placed them.

Dizzy and Quin voted for INH after his claim. It is more difficult to ascertain ulterior motives there as INH provided an obvious motive. I will still each of you though: what made you feel that the vote was still worth making?
He was one of 3 targets I was comfortable lynching. I still would not have voted for Jack at the end of the phase, and of my suspects he was the only one that was reasonably being pressured.

I wasn't 100 percent sure he was Mafia, but I felt the chances he was town was much slimmer. If he came on sooner and explained his theory, I don't know if I change my vote because his logic didn't make sense. He loses the game if Dys get's lynched, so there was still plenty of things that were red-flagging me about his claim that I don't know if I would have given him the leeway to get away with it.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I am sorry for being curt. I'm just upset that 3J is going to reclaim his title for most posts given his newfound motivation today. :pout:
Call me when you're the King of Fuck Mountain. :rolleyes:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:I am sorry for being curt. I'm just upset that 3J is going to reclaim his title for most posts given his newfound motivation today. :pout:
I was worried I was about to surpass the two of you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:I have apparently voted to travel West. I do not recall doing this.
This happened yesterday. I have absolutely no idea where we are in the grand scheme of things. Can someone sum up where we've moved?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Re: location

The poll remains from last day phase. I don't know if that's sprityo's intent. If we end up with a new poll later, we'll need to be a bit more careful. We ended up wandering into a location we'd already visited and screwed ourselves out of an item vote.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

3J. With that big ol' brain of yours, can you come up with a civ-minded reason that I'd enter the way I did today? No need to share with the class.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Fredwood wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:INH was self-aligned, and his interests were purely his own. It wasn't the best lynch, it wasn't the worst lynch. Most importantly, in the eyes of the Hive team, he was not one of theirs. In that vein it can be treated as a mislynch, particularly during the day prior to INH revealing himself as an LMS independent role. The votes that preceded that claim:

Golden
speedchuck
JOH
Fredwood

I would appreciate if the four of you would at least briefly state or restate what motivated your INH votes when you placed them.

Dizzy and Quin voted for INH after his claim. It is more difficult to ascertain ulterior motives there as INH provided an obvious motive. I will still each of you though: what made you feel that the vote was still worth making?
He was one of 3 targets I was comfortable lynching. I still would not have voted for Jack at the end of the phase, and of my suspects he was the only one that was reasonably being pressured.

I wasn't 100 percent sure he was Mafia, but I felt the chances he was town was much slimmer. If he came on sooner and explained his theory, I don't know if I change my vote because his logic didn't make sense. He loses the game if Dys get's lynched, so there was still plenty of things that were red-flagging me about his claim that I don't know if I would have given him the leeway to get away with it.
Who were your other two suspects?

I believe you have the most experience playong with JOH of any of us, so I should probably pay attention to your opposition to his lynch. Why do you see him as a bad lynch candidate?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:3J. With that big ol' brain of yours, can you come up with a civ-minded reason that I'd enter the way I did today? No need to share with the class.
You just worry yourself about finding those baddies and I'll worry about what's going on inside my brain. :mafia:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:3J. With that big ol' brain of yours, can you come up with a civ-minded reason that I'd enter the way I did today? No need to share with the class.
You just worry yourself about finding those baddies and I'll worry about what's going on inside my brain. :mafia:
im gonna take that as a yes k
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:im gonna take that as a yes k
Take it as a "find baddies or I will employ all of my resources against you and leave you gasping and begging for mercy". :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jack came straight back into the thread after just narrowly avoiding being lynched yesterday. The voices in my head are telling me baddies wouldn't insert themselves into the forefront of the day like that.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:im gonna take that as a yes k
Take it as a "find baddies or I will employ all of my resources against you and leave you gasping and begging for mercy". :nicenod:
Can't do it if you lynch your #2 ok :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Sloonei wrote:
Fredwood wrote:

Golden
speedchuck
JOH
Fredwood

Who were your other two suspects?

I believe you have the most experience playong with JOH of any of us, so I should probably pay attention to your opposition to his lynch. Why do you see him as a bad lynch candidate?
Scotty, Soneji

My unwillingness to vote for Jack has nothing to do with my experience in playing with him. I didn't view him as large a suspect as the other two, and my suspicion of him is based around my feeling that one of the 3 of them (JJJ/Golden/Jack) are scum, but it's not founded by evidence but assumptions based on the aggressiveness they all showed each other in Day 1, so I didn't feel it was a strong case to lynch, and wasn't willing to vote for him because of it. The only reason I kept bringing it up is because Jack keeps pushing me to read everyone.

In the end, I didn't want to take a gamble on the slim chance that a good scumhunter was scum over the slim chance that INH was town.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

God...I need to stop with the run-on sentences.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Quin wrote: I'd rather not.
Then I don't see much reason to remove my vote.

I'm not asking for a power claim. I just don't think you should be able to shut down a fair question with vague references to night results. Especially when whatever caused you to suspect Nut must have been wrong/made up. Like if I made vague references to night abilities while siding with scummers against townies, that shit wouldn't keep me off the chopping block. Not sure why you think you deserve a pass.

The good behavior you had on day 1 (the slip catch and clearheaded evaluation of it) was basically the opposite of your behavior on day 2, where you followed a train of logic that the lynch leader said was weak bullshit. The only other player following it was scum so he didn't believe it either. But you did. Or did you?

You spent all of day three trying to lynch a townie. Your entire rainbow is bass ackwards. You refused to speculate on my potential partners while insisting I have them. You referenced tinfoil as part of your reason for voting me. You thought Sloonei and Nut were bad after they lynched Marmot (who absolutely wouldn't have been lynched if either of them had focused elsewhere).

In my eyes, you haven't done anything to help the town all game. Why should anyone cut you any slack?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

updated polls
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

I'm not asking for a power claim. I just don't think you should be able to shut down a fair question with vague references to night results. Especially when whatever caused you to suspect Nut must have been wrong/made up. Like if I made vague references to night abilities while siding with scummers against townies, that shit wouldn't keep me off the chopping block. Not sure why you think you deserve a pass.

The good behavior you had on day 1 (the slip catch and clearheaded evaluation of it) was basically the opposite of your behavior on day 2, where you followed a train of logic that the lynch leader said was weak bullshit. The only other player following it was scum so he didn't believe it either. But you did. Or did you?

You spent all of day three trying to lynch a townie. Your entire rainbow is bass ackwards. You refused to speculate on my potential partners while insisting I have them. You referenced tinfoil as part of your reason for voting me. You thought Sloonei and Nut were bad after they lynched Marmot (who absolutely wouldn't have been lynched if either of them had focused elsewhere).

In my eyes, you haven't done anything to help the town all game. Why should anyone cut you any slack?
1. Yes you are.
2. You just said 20 minutes ago that I either didn't read all her posts, forgot, or am lying. Now you're pushing one. Why?
3. Sided with an indy.
4. I still adamantly believe the case wasn't bullshit. The flow of Day 2 is a perfect reflection of how not-bullshit it was.
5. How do you know this?
6. Completely contradictory to what you said yesterday. You acknowledged that I do not follow that thought process.
7. I asked you twice to point this out. You have answered zero times.
8. I only argued Sloonei was bad.

This is riddled with falsehoods and inconsistencies.

*LYNCH JACK*
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LYNCH JACK
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Phenon Mafia: Night 3 - Fallen Angel

Post by sprityo »

speedchuck wrote:http://forum.chocolatepi.net/showthread.php?tid=481 Mafia me.

http://forum.chocolatepi.net/showthread.php?tid=720 Town me.

I remember nothing of the town game.
these were both very fun games
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 1 - And Into the Fire

Quin wrote:My role is super cool because it's power increases in proportion to the size of my ego.
My previous post is an attempt to nueter Quin's night power.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Quin wrote:I would personally recommend you just move on from this conversation, though.
You heard him, guys.

Quin doesn't want to talk about his scum behavior anymore.

Just leave him alone already, okay?

Vote Quin
Please justify this. The only controversial thing pointed out is that I don't remember why I didn't trust nutella. Why exactly is that scum behaviour?
Answer this too, Jack.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 3 - Karma

Quin wrote:I could vote JOH. I didn't like my interactions with him one bit yesterday. 3J pointed out some stuff against him as well which I agreed with.

Giving 3J his civ read. What a beggar :rolleyes:
What stuff did JJJ point out about me that you agreed with? I took this to be in reference to the Nacho/Jack/Wigly theory.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote:
Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Quin wrote:I would personally recommend you just move on from this conversation, though.
You heard him, guys.

Vote Quin
Please justify this. The only controversial thing pointed out is that I don't remember why I didn't trust nutella. Why exactly is that scum behaviour?
Answer this too, Jack.
I don't remember.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Quin wrote:I could vote JOH. I didn't like my interactions with him one bit yesterday. 3J pointed out some stuff against him as well which I agreed with.

What stuff did JJJ point out about me that you agreed with? I took this to be in reference to the Nacho/Jack/Wigly theory.
The stuff that I answered with the first time you asked me this question. And didn't answer to my follow-up.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
You heard him, guys.

Vote Quin
Answer this too, Jack.
I don't remember.
Cut the crap.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

1. Yes you are.
2. You just said 20 minutes ago that I either didn't read all her posts, forgot, or am lying. Now you're pushing one. Why?
3. Sided with an indy.
4. I still adamantly believe the case wasn't bullshit. The flow of Day 2 is a perfect reflection of how not-bullshit it was.
5. How do you know this?
6. Completely contradictory to what you said yesterday. You acknowledged that I do not follow that thought process.

*LYNCH JACK*
1. No I'm not. I wouldn't believe you anyway and was giving Speed crap for fishing off Silver. I have no interest in your pretend role card.
2. I said you didn't read, forgot or were lying in reference to your belief that Nut was an every night cop. She claimed day cop. Everyone should have known what she was claiming and not assumed another power...unless they didn't read, forgot or were lying. Now, if you're vaguely saying you had role related reason to not believe Nut, that's different. That role related reasoning is wrong or made up.
3. Sided with Marmot, a mafia member.
4. Man, whatever. Dizzy is clear town. Twice he's pulled this stunt and twice he's picked out one person with a dishonest reaction to it and caught mafia. INH's case was intentionally bad. Don't try to pretend it wasn't. You were looking for any easy mislynch.
5. Cause you put JJJ, Nut, Sloonei, Dizzy and me all near the bottom of it. Unless JJJ has a cloak, those are all townies. You had INH and Marmot as your top townie reads. You wanna try to justify that rainbow to me? It's bad.
6. It's still a bad thought process. DDL was town as town could be in Unfortunate Events. So am I in this game.
7. See previous post.
8. Well la dee da.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
You heard him, guys.

Vote Quin
Answer this too, Jack.
I don't remember.
Cut the crap.
No, you cut the crap.

While Dizzy, Nut, Sloonei and Speed worked together to catch or lynch Marmot, you followed an intentionally bad line of reasoning to try to get a townie killed down to the final minute of day 2.

Then you turned around and tried to get Sloonei lynched. You're still saying the case against Dizzy is good. And you can't remember why you didn't trust Nut?

You know what I think of "townies" that try to lynch townies instead of mafia members off poor cases and for reasons they can't remember?

They tend to be wolves in disguise.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Okay. I looked at the prior games speedchuck linked for me. I also looked at three other games he didn't provide. :dark:

1. speedchuck mafia-aligned (Credithunt):

45 posts (leader 205), survived game / 2.5 phases
~ Fewer posts, decent content per post.
~ Unafraid of establishing communicative links with the broad player roster

2. speedchuck town-aligned (Crooks Hollow IV):

45 posts (leader 132), replaced in on Day 5 / survived 2 phases? until endgame
~ Short posts, a bit more inclined to rapid-fire posting
~ Responsive, less inclined toward facilitation

3. speedchuck town-aligned (Themefia/Red Wedding):

78 posts (leader 96), survived 3.5 phases? until endgame
~ More short posts with some bigger ones sprinkled in, more rapid-fire posting
~ Bigger posts prevalent late

4. speedchuck town-aligned (Winefia):

85 posts (leader 175), survived a while (phases unclear)
~ Slow start, post size highly variable, a little rapid-fire again
~ Highest frequency of large posts seen so far

5. speedchuck mafia-aligned (Create Your Own Role Card)

82 posts (leader 106), survived 4.5 phases
~ Analytically-inclined
~ Rapid-fire posting happening

The two orange games are the ones he shared with me at my request. The green games were my own added research. Now I'll assess speedchuck in this game based upon the same kinds of aesthetic/behavioral observations:

speedchuck unknown alignment (Phenon Mafia, The Syndicate)

147 posts (leader 361), survived 3 phases so far
~ Post length is variable, but the larger posts appear often, analytically-inclined
~ Rapid-fire posting decently frequent

On an aesthetic level, I think his play in this game most closely resembles #4 and #5. This means there is a meta basis to associate him with either alignment. It should be stated though that he provided me with neither of these games, and they're both as recent as the games he did provide (#5, his mafia-aligned game, is more recent than the mafia game he provided). Questions for speedchuck:

~ Why did you select the games that you selected in response to my request?
~ How would you describe your own metas as a player in town and mafia alignments?
~ Has your approach changed in any way in this environment where you're less familiar with other players?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

1. Yes you are.
3. Sided with an indy.
5. How do you know this?

*LYNCH JACK*
1. No I'm not. I wouldn't believe you anyway and was giving Speed crap for fishing off Silver. I have no interest in your pretend role card.
ok. Nice to know where you stand on that one.
2. I said you didn't read, forgot or were lying in reference to your belief that Nut was an every night cop. She claimed day cop. Everyone should have known what she was claiming and not assumed another power...unless they didn't read, forgot or were lying. Now, if you're vaguely saying you had role related reason to not believe Nut, that's different. That role related reasoning is wrong or made up.
I thought she had more information than she was claiming to have. It is not a bad idea to claim a less threatening version of a power role to avoid the night kill. It's the same reason I didn't think Jay only had 2 tracker shots. I thought he was a plain tracker. It would be moronic to assume that everything should be taken as gospel.
3. Sided with Marmot, a mafia member.
Did not vote does not equal sided with. Prove why my push on Dys was disingenuous.
4. Man, whatever. Dizzy is clear town. Twice he's pulled this stunt and twice he's picked out one person with a dishonest reaction to it and caught mafia. INH's case was intentionally bad. Don't try to pretend it wasn't. You were looking for any easy mislynch.
Bullshit. There was more to my case than her approach to the slip.
5. Cause you put JJJ, Nut, Sloonei, Dizzy and me all near the bottom of it. Unless JJJ has a cloak, those are all townies. You had INH and Marmot as your top townie reads. You wanna try to justify that rainbow to me? It's bad.
Why is Sloonei a confirmed townie? Why is Dizzy a confirmed townie? Those are your opinions. They might not be bad opinions, but they are nothing more than that.
6. It's still a bad thought process. DDL was town as town could be in Unfortunate Events. So am I in this game.
Wrong on both counts.
7. See previous post.
No. Point it out. Fucking point it out.
8. Well la dee da.
ok.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm too angry for this. I'll come back.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@JJJ

Do you find post structure (length, rapid fire) to be alignment indicative for some players?

Your post implies you're willing to believe this is a tell.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@JJJ

Do you find post structure (length, rapid fire) to be alignment indicative for some players?

Your post implies you're willing to believe this is a tell.
I think it can be, depending upon who it is and environmental circumstances. Some behaviors are simply more town-inclined because they are more challenging otherwise. I do think that one product of my research is the understanding that it's not a tell for speedchuck. He showed a pretty consistent aesthetic style cross-alignment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote:I'm too angry for this. I'll come back.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Why angry?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

How do you direct link a post?

No way am I deleting enough text while on my phone to make Quin and my back and forth readable, especially if I reach the quote chain limit.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

OK, I may as well say my thought on Quin's entry now.

It seems to me unlikely that Quin genuinely thinks that nutellas is an every day cop, kills nutella, and then proclaims that he thought nutella was an every day cop. I guess Jay's response was, effectively, the wifom - that I'm saying what I'm saying now. But my immediate thought when Quin said 'I thought nutella was an every day cop' was 'motive' - and if a motive is that transparent, it just seems unlikely that he would be so open about it.

Add to that, this quote is ridiculous. And blatant. If it comes from a baddie it is ballsy.
These things look town to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:How do you direct link a post?

No way am I deleting enough text while on my phone to make Quin and my back and forth readable, especially if I reach the quote chain limit.
Quote pyramids are the devil anyway.

Y'all need to practice snipping. It's okay to snip. :nicenod:

The most reliable manner of direct linking a post, IMO, is to click the "in topic" button for the player whose post you want to link. Find the post in their ISO, and in the bottom right of that post you'll see a "jump to post" button.

Right click
Copy link address

<url=PASTE URL HERE>whatever you want the link text to say</url>

Change the carrots to brackets.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

The stuff that I answered with the first time you asked me this question. And didn't answer to my follow-up.
Quote it or restate it.

Sending me on goose chases when I ask you questions reads like you figure I might not bother looking so you get a get out of jail free card.

We're both referencing several posts. Forget it. Just say what you mean.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why angry?
It's no slight on Jack, it's just one of those days I guess :shrug2:

Don't take this any particular way re: appeals. You all know where I stand on this kind of thing :srsnod:
I just want to get away from it for a while.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:OK, I may as well say my thought on Quin's entry now.

It seems to me unlikely that Quin genuinely thinks that nutellas is an every day cop, kills nutella, and then proclaims that he thought nutella was an every day cop. I guess Jay's response was, effectively, the wifom - that I'm saying what I'm saying now. But my immediate thought when Quin said 'I thought nutella was an every day cop' was 'motive' - and if a motive is that transparent, it just seems unlikely that he would be so open about it.

Add to that, this quote is ridiculous. And blatant. If it comes from a baddie it is ballsy.
I might agree for the majority of non-Quin people. I don't think he has to be evil based upon this stuff, but I won't remove him from candidacy for it either. The quote you reference is also very similar to one I made earlier in the game directed at Quin. "We're done here." People observe and adapt.

I want to see him hunt. That's where my read will develop.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why angry?
It's no slight on Jack, it's just one of those days I guess :shrug2:

Don't take this any particular way re: appeals. You all know where I stand on this kind of thing :srsnod:
I just want to get away from it for a while.
The reason I care is I am currently weighing scenarios in which you and Jack are teammates.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do not feel like Quin and Jack are the same alignment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jack as a mafioso in a recent game featuring Sloonei and I

This might allow others to have a reference point that otherwise dark on his evil play.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Golden wrote:OK, I may as well say my thought on Quin's entry now.

1. Nut was mod confirmed and arguably lead the lynch on Marmot, the only lynched scummer. That's all the motivation they needed to kill her. Of course the mafia is gonna worry she's got more (investigative) bullets in her gun. Goes without saying. This IS pure wifom.
2. Vaguely claiming to have a night power does not make you town.

This aside, what do you think of our nigh silent host?

Sonjei, Eloh, Straw and to an extent, LC, Juliets, Fred and Scotty don't have nearly as much content as the top posters. What do you make of them?

Currently leaning scum on Eloh, Fred...do we expect 5 scum? 6? I haven't played another single mafia game on the Syndicate but my understanding is the numbers are a bit more forgivable (protown) than Realms games.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Jack as a mafioso in a recent game featuring Sloonei and I

This might allow others to have a reference point that otherwise dark on his evil play.
This link's not working for me, but I was there and I remember it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Gah. Don't link to that game. :p

Not my best performance.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:

This link's not working for me, but I was there and I remember it.
Lame. Some sites don't work with links that way for people signed in.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”