7%

Total votes: 15
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 5 - Super Nova

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote:
juliets wrote: My suspicion is sort of residual because even though I tone read speedchuck (and did even then) I still don't like this approach to me, which seemed intellectually dishonest. I'm placing a marker down because if this game doesn't resolve quickly I think a full iso is needed to see if he's done any other similar things.
You've been saying that for three days now.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote:You've been saying that for three days now.
What does that mean to you?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote:
Golden wrote:
juliets wrote: My suspicion is sort of residual because even though I tone read speedchuck (and did even then) I still don't like this approach to me, which seemed intellectually dishonest. I'm placing a marker down because if this game doesn't resolve quickly I think a full iso is needed to see if he's done any other similar things.
You've been saying that for three days now.
Yep. It still applies.

I'm not saying I'm going to do the iso today either (because I'm not). I need to find time for it, and time has been unfortunately tricky for me. That's why you've never gone either down or up - you're just sticking in the same spot which in my rainbow would be right in the middle.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JJJ - Town
Quin - Town
LongCon - Scum
Golden - Light scum
Scotty - Light town
MovingPicures07 - Town
juliets - Light town
Dyslexicon - Back to neutral
Fredwood - Wanna say light scum because of lack of commitment, but he says it's just his playstyle to only vote once or twice per game. I'll just read this as "More useful as scum than town, perhaps 3p?"
Strawhenge - Light town (JJJ can we get a link to that LC case?)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Mostly that it's annoying?

I mean, it's a valid line of reasoning if he wants to actually evaluate it, but as it is, it just feels like pointless doubtcasting. I explained very early on why I posted what I posted. If that explanation isn't good enough, fine. Do something else about it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Speedchuck was your previous read of Dyslexicon slight town? If so, could you talk about why you moved him to neutral?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Mostly that it's annoying?

I mean, it's a valid line of reasoning if he wants to actually evaluate it, but as it is, it just feels like pointless doubtcasting. I explained very early on why I posted what I posted. If that explanation isn't good enough, fine. Do something else about it.
I can understand that perspective.

But I'm not going to leave you out of my reads or give no explanation on why you're there just because it hasn't changed. In that sense, there is entirely a point - it's making sure people know that I am still where I was on you, that nothing has shifted.

It is annoying though, I'll give you that.

I don't want to reevaluate *that* point. I want to evaluate if it's an isolated situation. What it told me was that you are sly and it takes a good hard look to get past your friendly tone and find whatever pointers there could be in your game.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote:Strawhenge - Light town (JJJ can we get a link to that LC case?)
Day 1

Long Con ignored it until I prodded him a second time on Day 4. The two of them had an exchange from there.

More Strawhenge

More Long Con

More Strawhenge
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't really think Dizzy looks like a good candidate to be an independent at face value, particularly not one who would be LMS or otherwise anti-town. They've played the whole game more care-free than anyone, but not without still providing a great deal of useful reads content. I see someone who is motivated to solve the game by necessity, not for appearances. They've not been afraid to poke other players regardless of who; they've rocked the boat.

What do others see in Dizzy that they fear might be indy-applicable?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't really think Dizzy looks like a good candidate to be an independent at face value, particularly not one who would be LMS or otherwise anti-town. They've played the whole game more care-free than anyone, but not without still providing a great deal of useful reads content. I see someone who is motivated to solve the game by necessity, not for appearances. They've not been afraid to poke other players regardless of who; they've rocked the boat.

I had actually changed my mind since I made my list early this morning, I just haven't updated my reads in the thread. I now see Dyslexicon as straight town without the indy possibility.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Day 3 and Night 3 have been updated with their flavour texts. Sorry on the wait. I'm gonna take a short break, and then get back to working on Night 4.

Oh and Day ends in 8 hours
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't really think Dizzy looks like a good candidate to be an independent at face value, particularly not one who would be LMS or otherwise anti-town. They've played the whole game more care-free than anyone, but not without still providing a great deal of useful reads content. I see someone who is motivated to solve the game by necessity, not for appearances. They've not been afraid to poke other players regardless of who; they've rocked the boat.

The theory being that someone who needs to survive until the end wouldn't try to solve the game, or?

I also don't think Dizzy is the best candidate for the indy, but I don't quite understand why you think it's unlikely.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:

The theory being that someone who needs to survive until the end wouldn't try to solve the game, or?

I also don't think Dizzy is the best candidate for the indy, but I don't quite understand why you think it's unlikely.
They'd try. Usually though they still don't look like civilians in the effort, even when they try. I don't think it's impossible Dizzy is an indy, but he's not one of my top candidates. I am pretty well sold by the content I can see.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote:

Agreed. Scum can presumably overrun even with an indy around.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Day 5 EVENT - Trial By Death

The sun was in the distance. Max Bardindes checks his watch. His targets were eliminated, but there was the trouble of the witnesses. Eugene Gamma knew not of who he was among the passengers, nor what was about to occur. Max Bardindes resumes standing among the passengers, engaging and blending in. They would never see this coming…

-----------------------------------------

A wall mounted analog clock ticked away as the evening progressed. Golden had taken Quin to the back railcar to discuss ‘something important.’ And by that Golden meant that he was suspicious of Quin’s loyalty to the Passengers. That was all an act however, as Golden pulled out a revolver from his jacket pocket. Quin, realizing the situation backs up to the door at the rear of the car. “Any last words?” Golden says in a smooth, dark voice.

“Actually, I have a few, “ says a figure behind them.

Golden whips around, aiming the gun at the voice. Max Bardindes stood in his entirety at the front door of the car, the one leading back to the rest of the train. “Now tell me… Ms. Gilligan. Did you really think this whole operation would be that easy? That I would simply allow you and your team of bygone scientists follow out, a quite noticeably, difficult and personal mission? That doesnt matter now, seeing as the shenanigans never seem to stop on this hell train.”

Golden cocks the hammer on the revolver. “And who might you be?” they ask.

“No one important, but I do ask one thing…. Send Dr. Cash my regards.”

Bardindes quickly exits through the door before Golden can register what he had said. Quin is cowering in the corner, unsure of the whole exchange. Golden continues watching the mystery man, unknown to them, and Max Bardindes returns the gaze through the door of the adjoining car. Bardindes presses the button on his watch, before turning and walking away at last.

Golden turns to finish off Quin, confused themself on who that was. A beeping noice caught his attention though before he could pull the trigger. “.....Son of a bi-”

-------------------------------------

The clock struck six o’clock. A loud explosion rocked all the cars and startled everyone aboard. Eugene Gamma bursts into Car No. 3. “WHAT…” he regains his composure, “What in the everloving hell, was that!?” Everyone began piling to the back of the train to see what had happened. When they arrived at the second to last car, well, it had become the last car. There was a gaping hole in the back of the train, and the rear car was far behind them in a plume of smoke and smoking metal. The passengers realize that Golden and Quin were missing and had no way of identifying them.

“Worry not everyone. I have this under control.” Gamma says. He returns to his room to review the tapes.

--------------------------

Eugene returns later to identify Golden and Quin.
Golden was Amy Gilligan, The Spy:
Golden-Mafia Watcher:
You are the Mafia Watcher and are aligned with the HIVE (Mafia).

At night, you are able visit a player and learn everyone who visited that player. You cannot choose to visit yourself.

You win once the HIVE outnumber or are equal to the remaining Passengers
And Quin was Roy Hardwell, Aging Doctor:
Quin- Mafia Doctor:
You are the Odd-Night Mafia Doctor and are aligned with the HIVE (Mafia). You win once the HIVE outnumbers or is equal to the remaining Passengers. Every Odd Night, you may choose to protect a player from dying.

With two more down, it appeared the luck for the passengers was turning around. Or at least they hoped….

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to Lynch, Day ends in 5 hours!

VOTES HAVE BEEN RESET!!!!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Epignosis »

:eek:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hahahahaha

I think that might be our marker aka demo man? :haha:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyway, I love how they killed the two that didn't already concede.

Vote Long Con

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot, Golden, Soneji, Quin, and Long Con makes for an extremely formidable scum team. :eek:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thats what she said.

Thanks for the game sprit.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all better be ready to show up tonight. We need to hit the hammer of 5 votes. I'm not saying drop the hammer now, but if you're not going to be here at the deadline then you need to throw your votes down.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Wow! :eek: We didn't do that.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I love the demo man role so much. Still laughing.

Good game though Golden and Quin. You both played hard, and no matter how things may have looked -- you weren't lynched yet. There's no guarantee it would have happened at all. The detonator has done us a big favor.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh wow - wth -

Whats the current vote count? Can I just vote now?

I can't believe this is over!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:Oh wow - wth -

Whats the current vote count? Can I just vote now?

I can't believe this is over!
The votes were reset after the explosion, so the current tally is just one vote for LC (mine).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

oh I see - we started the vote over at the event?

Ok so

Vote Long Con

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

And thank you Demo man, you are a hero!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Let's get this over with.

Vote Long Con as President of Phenon Mafia.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:Let's get this over with.

You Made This Game Great Again, Long Con. Thank you for that. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:Let's get this over with.

You Made This Game Great Again, Long Con. Thank you for that. :nicenod:
Socky 2017 quote submission :grin:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

rezz please?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:noble: We would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for... well, we'll wait till post-game. :feb:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

We actually Forged Golden's role to seem bad upon his death.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

OH YEEEEAHHHHHHH [insert Cool-aid Man here]

Let's getterdun
Vote Long Con
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

All we need is one more!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

What in the world?!?! :haha:

So I have only skimmed briefly and seen the big explosion. What should I do with my vote?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MovingPictures07 wrote:What in the world?!?! :haha:

So I have only skimmed briefly and seen the big explosion. What should I do with my vote?
play carpenter and being down the hammer on Long Con

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:What in the world?!?! :haha:

play carpenter and being down the hammer on Long Con
EBWOP: "bring" down

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That's 4 votes for Scotty, one shy of the hammer.

Before we get there, I'd like to hear who everyone believes is the demo man. It's pretty likely that player, heroic as they may be, is not our friend.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

for Long Con*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

My guess is speedchuck.

But isn't the game over if we lynch LC?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:My guess is speedchuck.

That'd be nice. I don't think the demo man is a civilian though, and it's probably an LMS role. If that's true we'll need to lynch that player.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Hey guys, I'm back.

I'm crying right now I just can't.

What.

Hammer Long Con
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gun to my head, I think the best candidate to be the demo man is Fredwood. Every single player should be assessed though, interactive reads won't be relevant to that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:My guess is speedchuck.

:feb:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

For some reason I thought we weren't allowed to post after the hammer came down.

JJJ what is fueling your read that it's Fredwood? My read was total gut and based on who has been here today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:For some reason I thought we weren't allowed to post after the hammer came down.
We might not be.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

sprityo wrote: -votes are changeable, however, I ask that you bold and color them in thread (ex: "Lynch: Sprityo") so that I may keep an official track of them. This ties in with locking the thread/not posting as soon as a hammer vote has been made. Possibly, to remedy this, we just have someone screenshot when they vote and it meets hammer? In any case I'll more than likely leave it to community etiquette to wait for a host if a hammer vote has been reached.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”