Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 15

Re: U.S.S. Tempest - Out Of Character

Post by Glorfindel »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Star Trek: New Horizon
I don't wish to appear pedantic, XO but there is no horizon in outer space... :confused2:
NICE PROMOTION YA GOT THERE

WOULD BE A SHAME IF SOMETHING WERE TO

HAPPEN TO IT
I'm a Science Officer, Sir - one just doing their job, offering the facts for the consideration of yourself and our crew :p
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 125

Post by SokothQultuq »

LOLOL Wow...
FRX51
Posts in topic: 7

Post by FRX51 »

Hello all!

I've tallied the votes from the naming poll, and our game's official name will be:

Star Trek: Above & Beyond

STAB! Thank you once more to all of you who suggested a name, and thank you to all of you who voted in the poll despite the unusual format.

Now that we have a name, we're going to begin working in earnest to get a website and forum up. In addition, we'll be laying out our plans for community involvement, and will continue to seek your input.

We're not quite ready to give you an exact start date, but we'll let you know as quickly as we can. In the meantime, we'll keep you all up to date.

The journey continues!

C. J.
Last edited by FRX51 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 24

Post by insertnamehere »

I'm just gonna refer to it as STAB, all caps.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
FRX51

Post by FRX51 »

This is acceptable!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

I support our new title 100% - great work, Guys :nicenod: I'm also really impressed with the focus on community involvement. If there's anything at all that I can do to help... (after all, you'd think there'd be SOMETHING a starship Chief Science Officer could contribute? :haha: )

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 50

Post by DharmaHelper »

So are we running a game tonight?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

That is the plan!

Star Trek: Above & Beyond. Now all we need is the T-1000, and some Space Fighter Craft, and a Carrier named the USS Saratoga.
Actually.... ST:AB needs to commission the USS Saratoga now... That needs to be a thing. Or perhaps our Space Station can be named Saratoga! LOL

Space: Above & Beyond. I miss that show. I should sit down and watch the DVD's I have laying around somewhere.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here's last weeks log. This week's I wasn't able to grab cuz of internet problems.

ImageImage
ImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Thanks DH. I figured out the logging system from my end so I was able to capture the logs.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

At this rate I might actually have to do some of the dirt Johnny is accusing me of.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Spacedaisy »

:haha:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
FRX51

Post by FRX51 »

Alright guys, now's as good a time as any to start talking about the name of the station that the Tempest will be assigned to, courts martial not withstanding :P

My top-of-the-head suggestion is Odyssey Station, but that might feel a little generic for y'all, so I'd like to hear your suggestions and try to get some consensus within the next week or two.

Thanks!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Olympia Station :shrug:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Record of the last game:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

As I'm no doubt about to spend another sim being interrogated, I think I'll prepare my remarks ahead of time. Get my story straight, perhaps exact some small measure of revenge against my betrayers.

Plural.

#ThankGodForTrost

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

#FreeSully

ImageImage
ImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

LOL DH

Station Name: Starbase Saratoga (goes with Space above and beyond LOL)
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Two more made and up to date. Once I can get some additional voice acting assistance some of those back logs should get done. I'm getting close to caught up. Yay!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well shit now I'm strongly considering making audio logs.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

DharmaHelper wrote:As I'm no doubt about to spend another sim being interrogated, I think I'll prepare my remarks ahead of time. Get my story straight, perhaps exact some small measure of revenge against my betrayers.

Plural.

#ThankGodForTrost
:pout:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:As I'm no doubt about to spend another sim being interrogated, I think I'll prepare my remarks ahead of time. Get my story straight, perhaps exact some small measure of revenge against my betrayers.

Plural.

#ThankGodForTrost
#AndKestran

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:

Plural.

#ThankGodForTrost
#AndKestran
Much better!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

If you want something that can convert the Date to an actual Star Trek Stardate here is a convert: http://www.hillschmidt.de/gbr/sternenzeit.htm

The year is 2393
Our current day depends on what your perspective is. I usually advance the time depending upon what CJ says now, so if there is a time change of say 6Hrs. My log will fall within a 6 hour time. Usually prior to the sim, or right after the last. You can watch my logs for queues. Usually I advance time as long as the sim runs. So if we go an hour, I advance an hour, if we go more. I usually mirror it to within a 30 minute window. If there is a time change in sim like we advance an hour I try and remember to work that into the time calculation. It does not have to be perfect. You can always check my logs for a good reference. Or previous reference.

You can also use the calculator to convert a Stardate to a Date. Just use the other field on the lower half.

So the next sim will pick up essentially IC time of December 7, 2393 @ around 0500 or later which is +6 Hours from the time our last sim Ended in game.
The Previous Date was December 6, 2393 @ 22:25:45 which was shortly after our sim Ended. By maybe 30mins - 1 hour after.

I hope that helps.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Thanks, that'll be very helpful

ImageImage
ImageImage
FRX51

Post by FRX51 »

Boom!

http://startrekab.proboards.com/

Star Trek: Above & Beyond is live! Please sign up and get registered at your earliest convenience. Once I get you approved, please direct your attention to the 'Community Input' subforum, where we'll be discussing how we'll be playing and the names/classes of our two new ships, and probably a few other topics.

ETA: Please note that 'Odyssey Station' is a placeholder name. We'll discuss the name of the station during our next mission, which will still be using Mibbit for now. As I understand it, DH has registered the #TrekBeyond room, so we'll use that for the mission. If you get the chance, DH, would you also be able to register an OOC room? #STABLounge sounds inviting :D
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Just a heads up, I will not be able to attend the Sim this coming Saturday due to a social engagement. But I shall return the following. If you need anything specific from me or my character, or if there is something I need to "Log" about let me know and I'll do something. I would appreciate a copy of the Chat Log so that I can file it away.

go Register on the new boards! (YAY CJ!)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FRX51 wrote:Boom!

http://startrekab.proboards.com/

Star Trek: Above & Beyond is live! Please sign up and get registered at your earliest convenience. Once I get you approved, please direct your attention to the 'Community Input' subforum, where we'll be discussing how we'll be playing and the names/classes of our two new ships, and probably a few other topics.

ETA: Please note that 'Odyssey Station' is a placeholder name. We'll discuss the name of the station during our next mission, which will still be using Mibbit for now. As I understand it, DH has registered the #TrekBeyond room, so we'll use that for the mission. If you get the chance, DH, would you also be able to register an OOC room? #STABLounge sounds inviting :D
:noble:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well lookie there! Now we're cooking with fire!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Don't forget to give input on what you want our Space Station to be named.

This name Odyssey is starting to stick with me. Space Station Odyssey sounds pretty good.
I like the tribute to Space Above and Beyond because of our club name Space Station Saratoga as well.
Corky suggested Olympia Station

But that is about where we stand with suggestions from what I could tell. Make some suggestions ya'll!

On a different note, I have to apologize. Apparently I screwed up somewhere along the lines and got my year wrong. The club was in the year 2396 not 2393 like I thought. That was apparently the year they began. The time we've been simming in should have been 2396 so I apologize. To make things easy I'm going to go through and just edit logs and such to account for that time frame. I'm very sorry about that guys and gals. So technically our time shift was 25 years not 22 like we originally talked about. Perhaps we can come up with a reason also as to why we thought it was only 22 and not 25. Maybe the Subspace beacon that reported the time to our ships computer was also wrong due to some kind of damage, and we'll find out this fact through the Johnsons. I donno. So many ideas. But this was my oversight so I apologize.

The new group venture has decided to pick up in the year 2399 so were going to be advancing in time again. CJ's going to lay out some narrative that shoots us forward in time to this point. So in one of our future Sim's were going to be picking up 3 more years into our future having served on the Tempest together for that long. So you may want to think about how your character would have grown in 3 years of working together. Would the rift between Sully and Oliver have been overcome. How about Johnny's behavior towards the uniform? Did he have a revelation that he actually wanted to be here and work well with us while still maintaining his image? Perhaps you might post some thoughts here also on things you'd like to have happened to your character in 3 years time. Start thinking about it now. This might also explain how we ended up with double duty taking care of a Space Station in addition to the Tempest. Distinguished ourselves plenty enough to get noticed and set here.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Space Station Delphi

ImageImage
ImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Once we get the particulars figured out I will also move our logs over to the new Forums as well. I will of course keep posting a copy of our activities here as well. You do not have to feel obligated to do so but I'm going to in order to keep interest here in case someone stumbles upon our activity and decides they want to try it out.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

SokothQultuq wrote:Once we get the particulars figured out I will also move our logs over to the new Forums as well. I will of course keep posting a copy of our activities here as well. You do not have to feel obligated to do so but I'm going to in order to keep interest here in case someone stumbles upon our activity and decides they want to try it out.
May I please enquire where on the new site our existing (and future) logs will be located? I'd have assumed the 'In Character' section but within it, there are no threads there yet that appear suitable. Personally, I like the idea of posting along a timeline like we're doing here as the logs add colour and interest as different characters post their interpretations of sim events from their unique perspectives.

SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Okay so an update of sorts -
Assuming ST:AB goes with 2397 as their date of choice to pick up the rest of the group, we wont have much if any jumping around to do. So no crazy blank spots to worry about so disregard my earlier post about having to think about that block of time.
Our In Character date is December 7, 2396, so were just a hop, skip, and a jump to 2397.

I was intending on Transferring all your logs over with mine, but then I got to thinking that it might be better for you to re-post/copy/paste them over yourselves to keep it less confusing. Shouldn't take but a few minutes. If your not able or would rather let me know and I'll include them with mine when I transfer mine.

Your logs -
We have a section that's listed as Tempest/Odyssey for now, post your logs in there. Use the format of
Position-Rank-Name for the topic of your thread. IE: "CO Capt Oliver Alexander Savage" just to make things easier.

Thanks guys for your understanding. Sorry for any confusion.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I betrayed Sully last night.
ONE MORE TIME FOR MY PEOPLE IN THE BACK

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Do we have a room with the proper club name now? ST:AB or whatever?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I can make one in seconds I just need a solid name :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

While the Captain's away, the mice will play

And I'll kill Johnny.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

STABTempest maybe?

Or USSTempest with the lounge being STABLounge?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

#TrekBeyond is what I got for the main game. For the lounge I can do whatever. STABLounge maybe

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

:)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here's the log

ImageImage
ImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Thank you for posting the log, unfortunately it stopped logging after a point. So it's kind a cut off part way through. But that helps.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dang I hadn't noticed that. I don't think it missed too much though.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Imma just tag everything # thankgodfortrost now. :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Something I threw together while I was at work. Had to pull names out my buttocks.
Edited Last 3/15/2017 - Corrected Annie's name, and added a Requested name.

SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Since you guys helped essentially build and decide on the ship if you would like me to put your name or an Alias in there for you, let me know. Cant really be a character per say. But I can put something in there for you. Just PM me and let me know what you want put in.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Pulling names out of you buttocks hmm? I wasn't aware that Chas, Robin and Penny resided in your ass. :p

Also, Benhman? Really? :suspish:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

LOLOL Woops - I'll correct it. I didn't even catch it.

As far as those people, they all had an impact in my life in some way. For better or worse. Up until the end of TOL Penny and I were pretty good friends. I really liked Robin. She was a great person and a great simmers back in the day. I loved collaborating with her on things. She had a great mind. LOL But yes, Chas might have inhabited my ass for a bit. Because he's Chas. LOL

Return to “U.S.S. Tempest (Syndicate Sim)”