Merged Tribe: [Night 12]

Moderator: Community Team

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 179

Re: Merged Tribe: [Day 9]

Post by Quin »

I had a terrible thought this morning that this had started while I was asleep (i didn't check for it) and I would wake up a dead man.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:I had a terrible thought this morning that this had started while I was asleep (i didn't check for it) and I would wake up a dead man.
I forgot what thread this was for a moment. I'm glad you just mean in the game. And I'm glad that didn't happen too!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:I had a terrible thought this morning that this had started while I was asleep (i didn't check for it) and I would wake up a dead man.
I forgot what thread this was for a moment. I'm glad you just mean in the game. And I'm glad that didn't happen too!
Yes, I am also glad I didn't die in real life. That would have set me pretty far back in this game, I think.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:
Yes, I am also glad I didn't die in real life. That would have set me pretty far back in this game, I think.
You might have won. We would have felt awful voting you out after you died.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Serious true story - there was a guy named Des back on RM that was so much fun and we all loved him. Then one day he just vanished. He'd been talking excitedly about what he was going to do the next day, he never showed back up ever. None of us had him on FB or anything yet. I'm still haunted by the thought that he died years later. I wish I knew!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 122

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:
But if you were posting after you were dead, your family would have been rich.

Linki, Oh yeah, the mystery of Duds. Every time I see certain smileys I think of him :(
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Love the avatar SVS!
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:Serious true story - there was a guy named Des back on RM that was so much fun and we all loved him. Then one day he just vanished. He'd been talking excitedly about what he was going to do the next day, he never showed back up ever. None of us had him on FB or anything yet. I'm still haunted by the thought that he died years later. I wish I knew!
The exact same thing happened on the site I came from and frequent. Someone disappeared out of nowhere after saying he was going camping for a couple of weeks. It's been 2 years.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:LoRab, why the hell would you think Faraday was dangerous? He just wanted to help people, similar to Eloh. He really liked being a healer. And we both know the truth of your ideas on who to lynch today. I would not have said a word if tonights BTS had not been suspended, but it has and someone had to start the festivities :fiesta:

Spell out for me how Faraday was dangerous, I missed that aspect of his game.
I heard rumors he was gunning for me in various chats. And that he was gunning for other people that I care about in the game. That, to me, is dangerous.
And I am very miffed that I am sick. And we knew that the Kumbaya moments would not last forever. I am sick. That changed things for me. Your miscalculation about sickness put me in danger; it put everyone in danger. Anyone of us can get sick and I think that that is your fault. Unless someone else came up with that theory about no more sickness? I would be willing to listen to that.
I don't remember who first noticed that no one had gotten sick or first speculated that no one could get sick. I don't think that it was me, but I can't guarantee that. It could have just as easily been an idea I threw out in a chat one night while trying to think through things. I honestly don't know. But I don't think it was MY miscalculation. I was hardly operating in a vacuum, nor was I the only person throwing out ideas.

I did not cause the sickness. I am not sure how it is my fault that anyone can be sick. I will point out that I am at risk of getting sick as much as anyone else.
Before yesterday, the most valuable people to ALL of us were Sorsha and Faraday. First you wanted him dead (and got it) now you want HER dead. That is a threat to everyone. Ironically, eliminating Faraday raised elohs value to the whole group. You are my now really my only alternative for a vote. I will not vote for food providers, plus Sorsha has never voted for the person I view as my primary partner, nor has she threatened me in any way. There are people I pledged to before you, and tbh, people who pledged to me before you did. You would have been happy enough to see me gone had what happened with DH not happened. That's how the game is played, yes?
That is not true. I told you in BTSC the first day we had the tribe swap that I had no plans to vote against you and that because of other deals you had, that I considered yourself in my protected circle. I never spoke of tribal alliances on that beach--I spoke of individuals to whom I had made promises--you were one of them. And you knew that.

And, to clarify, the most valuable people to YOU were Sorsha and Faraday. You've made it clear now that I was never actually in your alliance, so according to your own words, they were not valuable to me.

And I do not know for whom I am voting today. I asked her a question. Now that she has answered it, I have more information.
Had I not gotten sick, maybe it would have been different, although I don't see the circumstances that would have led me to vote for Sorsha. From your perspective, I am the worst possible person to have gotten sick, lol.

Well, I did not make anyone sick. Nor did I choose for you to be sick. It does seem to suck for me that the random illness that randomly appeared ended up on you.

Convenient for you though that your role gets better once you get me out of the game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No it doesn't. That was you. I can send messages with you alive, and I can see who targeted someone with you gone. When we are out of BTSC, the message is better anyhow.

Nice try.

And tell me these rumors, tell me who told you these rumors about Faraday "gunning for you" or anyone else for that matter. Maybe it will get me off of your case :grin:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And, to clarify, the most valuable people to YOU were Sorsha and Faraday. You've made it clear now that I was never actually in your alliance, so according to your own words, they were not valuable to me.
No,and you know this.Faraday was just a doctor until the DH thing happened. And Sorsha and I had not even talked until the tribes came back together.

And you were in my alliance, but when you put your own good before that of the group, I was done. Like I said about DH earlier in the game, this is Survivor, not BFFs forever. I was fine with you last night when I went to bed. When I woke up this morning and found out I was sick, not so much.

I feel you put your own personal well being above that of the group. That is a valid reason to vote for people on Survivor.

Had I not been sick, after hearing allof your rationales for why there would be no more sickness, I was done.

And I know who you were going to push for a lynch on today because you told me. But again, that's she said/she said. But you and I know what is what in this scenario.

You did not make me sick, but your reckless desire to see Faraday dead so Eloh could cook caused a cure to be unavailable when I needed it.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab, INH told me in BTSC the night DH got the boot that your intention as a Manama alliance was initially to take SVS and DF out first, in that order. Is this not true?
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I can't know everything, but I know LoRab has never petitioned me to get either DF or SVS out.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:I can't know everything, but I know LoRab has never petitioned me to get either DF or SVS out.
Nor to me.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Is this challenge just going to be me vs Opt then? Does it start in half an hour?
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:I can't know everything, but I know LoRab has never petitioned me to get either DF or SVS out.
I think he talking about when the tribes switched before we came back together.

When that happened, Lorab and I had BTS ASAP. I told her right up front that I was the role she needed dead, and she said she would be OK without the extra power.

He is talking about during the lynch, when he had BTS with INH and I had it with DH. He is not talking about Atamana, but he IS talking about after her and I had a tacit friendship agreement.

Like I have said, it is insane to trust LoRab (and she would be the first to agree). All I know is pregame, I spoke to no one but you, and I still have that PM :noble:

This can all wait until tomorrow, almost challenge time. I would like to be in the challenge, but being sick is an issue for me with that loss of food/water after energy runs out.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Opt_Outside »

yes I am participating!

You and me, quin! :workit:
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

I've got a willpower bonus too so we'll be well matched
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Welcome to the Immunity Challenge!

All competitors that chose to participate are slated to get up on their poles now. Last man or woman standing wins!

The only competitors are Quin and Opt_Outside

This challenge has officially begun!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Good Luck competitors :nicenod:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Since the only competitors have the willpower advantage, they have canceled out to cut down on time.

You will begin losing energy after 10 minutes.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Opt_Outside wrote:yes I am participating!

If it's just the two of us, would you like to make this simple? How much energy do you have? I'd rather not exhaust my stats which I might want for a later challenge. :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Not one for bargaining, huh? :meany:
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Quin wrote:

If it's just the two of us, would you like to make this simple? How much energy do you have? I'd rather not exhaust my stats which I might want for a later challenge. :grin:
Haha I feel you... I have 19 energy with this bonus
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Quin wrote:Not one for bargaining, huh? :meany:
Sorry I'm running around a lot today and I'm really behind on the thread
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Opt_Outside wrote:
Quin wrote:

I wonder if I believe you.

Yeah. I do.

*Does a flip off of the totem pole*
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin jumped off the pole after only 15 minutes- and in very impressive fashion.

OptOut has won Individual Immunity!

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I see spectators reading the thread and I'm just like...Do I give them a show? Nah.
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Quin wrote:
Opt_Outside wrote:
Quin wrote:

I wonder if I believe you.

Yeah. I do.

*Does a flip off of the totem pole*
Thanks for the faith, man. Yeah I didn't participate in the sand digging challenge and got the letters from home and all so I'm not lying. For some reason I had a one time willpower bonus that I guess I've now exhausted in this challenge. This was definitely better than a fight to the death, thanks for being cool enough to propose it!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Congrats O_O!!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well done Opt. The vote for you as a challenge beast was not misplaced lol.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:Well done Opt. The vote for you as a challenge beast was not misplaced lol.
Indeed.
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:Well done Opt. The vote for you as a challenge beast was not misplaced lol.
Indeed.
I've gotten pretty lucky here. I'm sure it won't last lol

I just like playing games :p
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Sorsha »

Such a nice boy, that Quin!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:Serious true story - there was a guy named Des back on RM that was so much fun and we all loved him. Then one day he just vanished. He'd been talking excitedly about what he was going to do the next day, he never showed back up ever. None of us had him on FB or anything yet. I'm still haunted by the thought that he died years later. I wish I knew!
The exact same thing happened on the site I came from and frequent. Someone disappeared out of nowhere after saying he was going camping for a couple of weeks. It's been 2 years.
I don't have an experience like this to share, but the thought of it happening has crossed my mind. I see y'all as friends and I actually care about the syndicaters. So those of you that won't share your real name or befriend is on Facebook....I think you're doing yourself a disservice. We could be sharing a story like this about you someday, Scotty.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Elohcin »

Yay opt!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Sorsha »

Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
I don't have an experience like this to share, but the thought of it happening has crossed my mind. I see y'all as friends and I actually care about the syndicaters. So those of you that won't share your real name or befriend is on Facebook....I think you're doing yourself a disservice. We could be sharing a story like this about you someday, Scotty.
Do we have a Facebook thread here? I know previous mafia sites had a thread for sharing social media links. I haven't seen one here.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:No it doesn't. That was you. I can send messages with you alive, and I can see who targeted someone with you gone. When we are out of BTSC, the message is better anyhow.

Nice try.

And tell me these rumors, tell me who told you these rumors about Faraday "gunning for you" or anyone else for that matter. Maybe it will get me off of your case :grin:
So, you can do something with me gone that you cannot do with me alive. Which is what I said.

I don't remember from whom I heard what. Only what I heard. Nor do I think that anything I say will get you off my case.
S~V~S wrote:
No,and you know this.Faraday was just a doctor until the DH thing happened. And Sorsha and I had not even talked until the tribes came back together.

And you were in my alliance, but when you put your own good before that of the group, I was done. Like I said about DH earlier in the game, this is Survivor, not BFFs forever. I was fine with you last night when I went to bed. When I woke up this morning and found out I was sick, not so much.

I feel you put your own personal well being above that of the group. That is a valid reason to vote for people on Survivor.

Had I not been sick, after hearing allof your rationales for why there would be no more sickness, I was done.

And I know who you were going to push for a lynch on today because you told me. But again, that's she said/she said. But you and I know what is what in this scenario.

You did not make me sick, but your reckless desire to see Faraday dead so Eloh could cook caused a cure to be unavailable when I needed it.
You were fine with the risk until it didn't work out for you. And yes, you have made that clear--now, today, with your words. I didn't put my good before the group. I asked for food from elo publicly and asked about Sorsha's power publicly because I thought it best for the group to publicize the food--to bring it out there for everyone and democratize the food sharing. Do you think it better as a secretive process that is only shared with a few?
Quin wrote:LoRab, INH told me in BTSC the night DH got the boot that your intention as a Manama alliance was initially to take SVS and DF out first, in that order. Is this not true?
This is not true.

INH lied to you. If he spoke about his intention as a Manama alliance, it certainly did not reflect anything I said or what my intentions were. Please keep in mined that this is a player who had poisoned me the night before. He did not have my best interest at heart and was not playing an honest game. This is another thing he lied about, it seems.
S~V~S wrote:
I think he talking about when the tribes switched before we came back together.

When that happened, Lorab and I had BTS ASAP. I told her right up front that I was the role she needed dead, and she said she would be OK without the extra power.

He is talking about during the lynch, when he had BTS with INH and I had it with DH. He is not talking about Atamana, but he IS talking about after her and I had a tacit friendship agreement.

Like I have said, it is insane to trust LoRab (and she would be the first to agree). All I know is pregame, I spoke to no one but you, and I still have that PM :noble:

This can all wait until tomorrow, almost challenge time. I would like to be in the challenge, but being sick is an issue for me with that loss of food/water after energy runs out.
My agreement with you was not just because of tacit friendship. It was because I had an agreement with someone with whom I knew you also had an agreement--therefore, by the transitive property of agreements, I had an agreement with you. I had no intention of ever voting with you and had every intention of protecting you.

It is not insane to trust me. I have not gone back on my word in this game and will not, unless the person with whom there has been agreement has made the decision to themselves step away from that agreement.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So you wanted Faraday gone because you heard rumors he was gunning for you, but you don't recall who told you these rumors?

Did anyone here have reason to believe Faraday was gunning for anyone?

I am going to call my sister then go to bed. We have all day to talk about it tomorrow. Night!

P.s. LoRab, you were one of my Mafia tutors. I would be insane to trust you, and you know that comes from a place of love.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:So you wanted Faraday gone because you heard rumors he was gunning for you, but you don't recall who told you these rumors?

Did anyone here have reason to believe Faraday was gunning for anyone?

I am going to call my sister then go to bed. We have all day to talk about it tomorrow. Night!

P.s. LoRab, you were one of my Mafia tutors. I would be insane to trust you, and you know that comes from a place of love.
No, I don't remember from whom I hear everything I hear. But, yes, I do believe he was after me.

PS I'm flattered, truly. But I have truly been trustworthy in this game. I'm sorry that you don't trust that. And that also comes from a place of love.
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Polls

Post by Scotty »

Day 9:
It's pouring down rain! What will you do?

You may select 1 option

Stoke the fire
LoRab (9) 9%
Go to water well
S~V~S (3), Golden (4), Elohcin (5), Opt_Outside (11)36%
Attempt to fish
Sorsha (8) 9%
Walk by the weeds near the camp
No votes
Walk in the tall grass beyond the hill
No votes
Walk out on the sandbar in the ocean
No votes
Walk between the triangular rock formation
Quin (2) 9%
Walk beyond the shallow pond near treemail
No votes
Walk to the top of the nearby ridge
No votes
Take a nap
No votes
Eat at Jeff's Crab Shack (Host/Non-player Option)
Scotty (1), juliets (6), Marmot (7), speedchuck (10) 36%
Total votes : 11

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Night 9: "Seeing the Best in People is a Rare Quality"
It was a lousy day.

Rain, rain and more rain. Survivors were beginning to get anxious, and it was affecting the communication.

LoRab went to stoke the fire but it mysteriously went out! There is no fire today.
Sorsha went out fishing, and came back with some fish.
SVS, Golden, Elo and OptOut teamed up to retrieve the water from the well. It was raining so hard and heavy that they didn't dare spend long there, and immediately returned back to camp.
The weather didn't deter Quin, however, as he went for a leisurely walk.
Doodle entertained the group with a rousing rendition of 'Call Me Maybe' on a harmonica someone left behind.

At the Individual Immunity Challenge, trepidation was the main storyline. Some were nervous that they wouldn't survive the dreaded pole of death. Who knew holding on to a bloody pole would give people cause for concern!

Only two competitors deemed it worthwhile to participate: OptOut and Quin.
As the challenge started and both players koala'd on their respective poles, Quin immediately offered a compromise.

"Hey, are you more tired than me?" Quin asked Opt.

"Nah bro I ain't budging," she responded.

"Okay then."

And with that, Quin jumped down willingly, and the challenge was over faster than a horny jackrabbit at Easter.

Opt_Outside has won the challenge!

Opt-Outside has won Individual Immunity. You may not vote for OptOut tonight at Tribal Council.
For the rest of you, someone will be going home and will be the 12th person voted out of Survivor: Mafia.

It is now Night 9. You have 24 hours to vote someone out at Tribal Council. Night will end at Midnight, PST (3am EST) I ask that you send all Votes and Actions to me by 11PM PST.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I've been poisoned.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I wonder who would have poisoned me?
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:I've been poisoned.
What?? I don't think anyone left has that ability... could it have been a random game thing?
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Re: Merged Tribe: [Night 9]

Post by Opt_Outside »

Well that's an interesting poll....
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Opt_Outside wrote:
Golden wrote:I've been poisoned.
What?? I don't think anyone left has that ability... could it have been a random game thing?
Probably. Maybe from going out in the rain. I hope I at least got some water from travelling to the well.

It could be something to do with the fire going out too, which might have been the rain.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Opt_Outside wrote:Well that's an interesting poll....
Aye.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't think the amount of people who go to the well actually has an effect on how much thirst is regained. 5 people went yesterday and I didn't get any extra.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Also, if it was raining, why the hell did we need to go to the well anyway? Surely we could have just stood in the rain with our mouths open.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Survivor Mafia”