Currents Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

What was your favourite aspect of the game?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm

The storyline
No votes
The host
29%
The theme
No votes
The minimal amount of roles
14%
The participating players
29%
The game's progression
14%
Nothing, I absolutely hated it
14%

Total votes: 7
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Currents Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:The notion that LC and I are team mates is laughable. I wonder if this is a way for you to distance yourself from him, by tying the two of us together. Because up until now, you were pretty indifferent to LC.
Is it "laughable"? Then pick out the concerns I actually expressed on the issue instead of just the conclusion and tell me why it's "laughable". You clearly read the post given that you're commenting on it here, so show me why the possibility should be discarded.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Epignosis »

Damn Login button at work wasn't working. It would only redirect me to the main page. Then I remembered I could use the quick login function at the bottom of the page. I will be back and forth because this is the end of the grading period and I am updating grades.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot ISO
Marmot wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I have voted DrWilgy. I will likely do so until I am satisfied with his production.
Remember that other game where DrWilgy's prosuction never met your standards? Why do you vote him here on Day 1?
Starting on Day 1, Marmot's posts have been for the most part relevant and involved even if brief. For him this represents a greater-than-usual investment in the hunt, which I think is a decent look. His meta is perfectly suited to allow him to do nothing useful as a mafioso and get away with it for days and days.
Marmot wrote:Dyslexicon votes for FZ.

FZ responds in under 5 minutes. :ponder:

That said, I agree with the feelz that Meester Long Con describes in that one post where he talked about FZ and voted her, so :shrug2:
I'll again state that this is the sort of observation I would associate with a civilian Marmot. It's outside the box a la Wilgy, and I think I have seen him specifically utilize timestamps similarly to this before.
Marmot wrote:I dig the Day 1 meta analysis of nutella. Much case. Very vote.
After the GOC and Mac on Day 1, it makes sense that Marmot would be attracted to a meta case like the one Epi drew up on nutella. I thought the parallels were close myself.

First rainbow on Day 1 -- nutella is the only sub-neutral read. I'm not thrilled by the immense yellow pile.

Expands on and retracts the timestamp observation regarding Dizzy and FZ. The mindset is thoroughly Marmotian.
Marmot wrote:I could also see myself voting for insertnamehere for being 3 days absent now.

I probably won't vote for Luke today. His posts don't tell us much about his suspicions, but he's at least here.

I would also vote Dizzy for raisins. :shifty:
Here's his first statement of beef with INH for lack of presence. This has become thematic, recalling his desire to lynch low posters after the string of successes in that strategy in recent games. I would affirm that the trend is a real one. He stated as much here.

He wasn't thrilled with my "passive voice" exploration. His reference to Economics to compare with the adverb incident then is decent evidence of an investigative mindset. I think it'd be more difficult to have the presence of mind to reach back so far if the immediate priority was deflecting a correct accusation. That's hard to qualify though and a small point.

He didn't seem moved by INH's late Day 1 play; that read has been consistent. Continued after INH's Day 2 rainbow and expanded upon alongside a theory that I am a mafia teammate of INH. That conclusion is incorrect, but I don't think he looks insincere in its presentation.

Marmot stood in defense of Luke at the end of Day 2, providing a unique argument about the potential for him to be "coached" (and deciding against the possibility). Luke was close to silent and thus an easy target for mafia, so I like that Marmot went out of his way to cook up a theory in his favor -- and I think the theory is valid.

~~~

Conclusion

I think Marmot looks fine for the most part.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:
Marmot wrote:Voting insertnamehere.
Why?
What's really the case against INH besides him not being around when it really matters?
There was a little more to it than that. See http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=1308&p=352521#p352521]here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That was weird, try this link.
Marmot wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Marmot wrote:Voting insertnamehere.
Why?
What's really the case against INH besides him not being around when it really matters?
There was a little more to it than that. See here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm fine? That's all you got for me?

I'm coming for you Jay!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Damn, he fine. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Currents Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Epignosis »

I'm commenting on the colored text below here: JJJ, your perspective of evil LC is one of manipulation and strategy, and ad hominem. Your conclusion (at the bottom of this post) doesn't indicate any of those elements, yet you claimed there that you suspect LC more now.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con

I appreciate his willingness to insert himself in a diverse array of dialogues so far. He seems to have offered his two cents in every conversation of note and his language is candid and loose. I don't get the impression he is concerned with appearances. When LC is bad I think he tends to be a manipulator (more than any anonymous baddie must be a manipulator) in that he takes strategic angles and undercuts arguments with ad hominem or the like. I don't see evidence of that stuff in his current post history. I do have one beef:
Long Con wrote:
nutella wrote:Epi I am not bad. I'm not sure how I can convince you at this point but you are barking up the wrong tree.
Every time I feel like saying someone is "barking up the wrong tree" I stop myself... because at some point, it was seen as, well, something baddies say. I may have gotten caught by it once... maybe just scared for my life. But I always remembered.
Ellipsis abuse is the devil.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con ISO
Long Con wrote:
nutella wrote:Epi I am not bad. I'm not sure how I can convince you at this point but you are barking up the wrong tree.
Every time I feel like saying someone is "barking up the wrong tree" I stop myself... because at some point, it was seen as, well, something baddies say. I may have gotten caught by it once... maybe just scared for my life. But I always remembered.
Gross ellipsis abuse. :meany:
In two instances did 3J comment about LC's ellipsis "abuse." Overkill. :ponder:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Conclusion

There are a couple decent moments outnumbered by numerous questionable moments. I suspect LC more than I did before this exercise. His treatment of FZ and speedchuck has me considering the notion that both LC and FZ are bad and their exchanges in this game have been bullshit. It started with LC initiating suspicion of her and then going silent about it when she was almost lynched. It continued when he linked her to speedchuck based upon what I view as weak content, and then when he let her pass through day phase per her request. It's tinfoil perhaps and I welcome others' thoughts on the matter.

Independent of that I'd call LC a suspect given the prevalence of vague reads and the fact that outside FZ discussion he hasn't actually given much to this game.
I think you are bad with one of LC or FZ., and I believe it is the former. Your conclusion here is a weak suspicion that you don't seem intent on following. Furthermore, it gives you incentive to lynch FZ., and if FZ. is shown to be a civilian, your "case" against Long Con conveniently weakens. I have used this strategy many times.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If not FZ, I'd rather lynch INH than Long Con. He has questions to answer, but lynching him right now would feel like a knee-jerk.
There is some momentum already behind lynching INH (MM has voted there). Is your willingness to lynch INH still greater than your willingness to lynch LC?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere ISO

He's got jokes. -- It may be meaningless, but it's also his only content before EOD1. It's both chummy and hostile, both intended to be viewed as facetious. Okay.
insertnamehere wrote:oh hi, what's up

oh look, a three way tie that I get to decide.

well gee wilikers
He was a part of this tie, so I'll note that his initial reception of the EOD he walked into was relatively calm despite being so threatened.
insertnamehere wrote:caught up

I'm in full on GY!BE grumpypants about today.

I think Epi's case on Nutella is the most solid thing I've seen put out there.

CFD's are the bane of my existence too.

Reading 8 pages in 20 minutes while everyone sharpens their pitchforks and points them in your direction is not a fun time.
He lamented about having to catch up so quickly while facing lynch pressure. I'm a little surprised it was even possible to read everything that quickly, though a cursory skim is plausible enough. It'd be close to pointless in my opinion. INH and I are very different strategists.
insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:jesus christ stop posting and also mislynching me
The floor is yours, but you have to hurry. Reads?
what the hell are you expecting here?

Nutella is my top scumread, but once again, I just caught up 8 pages in 15 minutes.

The MP/FZ thing seems like he said/she said type stuff.

CFD's are awful and the worst.

blah
As I've said before, he did well to give some kind of reads in the heat of the moment. He promoted the nutella lynch based upon Epi's case. The MP/FZ read here is vague.
insertnamehere wrote:I find myself disagreeing with 75% of MP's strategy in this game, and yet I think he's a civilian.

I also townread Epi and Speed.
Less vague here. Conclusive civilian reads on MP, Epi, and speedchuck.

Beefs with Crabgrass Fire Drills -- Reflects his perspectives stated in a bevy of other games.

Day 2 rainbow -- This remains his most recent post. He voiced suspicion of Marmot, FZ, and I. The reasons provided don't inspire confidence -- indeed he called Marmot lazy for his suspicion of him; that notion would also seem applicable to INH for this milquetoast ( :grin: ) rainbow list.

~~~

There's still too little here to derive any confident read. The best I can say is that he put conclusive reads in the thread under pressure which could serve as a sort of legacy had he been lynched. The worst I can say is that he has barely tried otherwise and that this is the lowest degree of effort I have seen from him.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:I'm commenting on the colored text below here: JJJ, your perspective of evil LC is one of manipulation and strategy, and ad hominem. Your conclusion (at the bottom of this post) doesn't indicate any of those elements, yet you claimed there that you suspect LC more now.
It indicated other elements I don't like. A bad LC doesn't have to take on any single specific appearance, he is a good player.
Epignosis wrote:I think you are bad with one of LC or FZ., and I believe it is the former. Your conclusion here is a weak suspicion that you don't seem intent on following. Furthermore, it gives you incentive to lynch FZ., and if FZ. is shown to be a civilian, your "case" against Long Con conveniently weakens. I have used this strategy many times.
I am still doing my work. I'll follow whatever suspicion I feel best about when I am finished. Until then I don't give a shit.
Epignosis wrote:There is some momentum already behind lynching INH (MM has voted there). Is your willingness to lynch INH still greater than your willingness to lynch LC?
Having reviewed both, no.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con ISO

His response to the initial statement of suspicion received from Epignosis. #3 reads a little bogus. "unusual stuff" / "trying too hard" -- easy assertions to make which don't really mean much of anything.
Yeah, and as it turned out, they didn't end up meaning much. Just reactionary stuff.
I think his initial concerns about FZ were generally valid.
Still one of my top choices for the vote, if anyone's interested.
This response to speedchuck strikes me as rather obvious and pointless.
I think he felt the same way, because I don't think he responded.
Gross ellipsis abuse. :meany:
Guilty as charged. I think maybe that post was written in pieces. :shrug2:
LC, if you could provide the example you hinted at here in which you were caught after saying something like "barking up the wrong tree", that'd be ideal. I am fairly sure I've seen that phrase from every alignment there is; it appears in as many game threads as it does not.
Your experiences have not trained you to be wary of that phrase, as mine have. I think that the forums it was discussed on are now defunct.
"Last thing I saw was a big FZ swing" -- I note Long Con discussing the player he had initiated a case against in neutral and external language. He was the first to voice concern with FZ on Day 1, but didn't engage her or talk about her thereafter until this moment (two minutes prior to the deadline). It's bizarre.
Not really bizarre. I wasn't there much that day.
Rainbow after Day 1 with speedchuck and FZ as top suspects.
That they were!
These are LC's responses to the accusations he received late in Day 1 regarding his handling of FZ. They must be taken or left at face value; I don't find them inspiring.
Reality is often mundane.
The highlighted portion becomes something of a trend in this post history. LC has cited something vague like "feeling" to assert suspicion of MP, speedchuck, and most recently me.
The gut wants what it wants, friend.
Night 1 rainbow -- the descriptive language here continues to be vague. "general vibes", "his posts are civvish to me", "I forget why he's low", etc. This demands that I believe LC is content playing the game entirely with his gut, and I don't know him to be that sort. He has typically been the analyst and a constructor of cases. That has not been present in his post history to this point.
I don't think your memories of me are accurate. Look at Blue vs Red. Or GOC2016. This is me.
He had the right idea about the questions I was asking FZ. The mindset is nice, the originality less so.
Flattery is the imitator of sincerity, they say. :grin:
Maybe TMI. I almost slipped myself out of a win in the burglary a couple nights ago when I blabbed my own motive for a night kill.
That is sometimes a thing, but it's not my thing.
Meh at this entire dialogue. What happened to Mac in the GOC was only marginally relevant in the first place, and to cite this argument to support concerns about Marmot just looks manufactured to me.
Nothing was manufactured, and I didn't have concerns about Marmot either. I just thought it was weird that he'd reference GOC2016 in a way that was different from my own memories of the game.
Again discussing the MP kill as though it was an obvious choice.
It kinda was.
Response to FZ's grievances -- This finally came on Day 2. LC grants a couple of her points and contested others; the prevailing read which emerges is that LC is still suspicious of her. More

Long Con disputes "hypocrisy" as a tell -- I have seen LC make this argument before as a civilian. If I recall correctly it was something we agreed on in a recent game, because I do think the core premise of the argument is valid. Civilians are as often hypocritical as mafia members, if not more often. Civilians have a tendency to forget themselves when making their arguments while mafia members have more reason to remain thoughtful of their own prior contributions. It ties into the consistency versus inconsistency argument which I think plays out similarly. This is probably LC's best moment.
:noble:
Vague gut suspicion of speedchuck referenced earlier.
That's what we authors call 'foreshadowing'.
LC linked speedchuck with FZ. I feel a tinfoil brewing within that I will discuss later, and this is relevant to it.
Ah! 'Foreshadowing'...
LC reviews EOD1 as it reflects on FZ -- He looked over the votes that swung away from FZ and determined that he still suspected her. He is very consistent on this read from the start.

Day 2 rainbow with Wilgy, Luke, speedchuck, and FZ as reds
Long Con wrote:Four hours left in the lynch. I'm going to go with my gut and vote for speedchuck. If anyone wants to join me with this vote, I'll leave it here, otherwise I'll probably just go with whoever has votes and is lowest on my list. FZ asked us not to lynch her while she's not around, so I'm not likely to vote there.
He promoted a speedchuck lynch and voiced his willingness to give FZ more time per her request when she was away. I don't understand this, after he'd spend a large portion of his effort in this game prior casing her, debating with her, and calling her his top suspect. She asked for time and it was granted.
We lynched S~V~S on Day 1 in Blue vs Red recently, while she was completely not there, and while we had an outed baddie in the thread. I had negative emotions about that, so this time, I'm Joe Cool about allowing time.
I don't like this post. The highlighted portion especially bothers me, as it is a reach to extract a three-way read from speedchuck about Epi, LC, and FZ (without clarifying what the reads are specifically) and determine that he knows too much.
Yeah, it was kind of a reach. But I AM reaching for a Civ victory.
There are a couple decent moments outnumbered by numerous questionable moments. I suspect LC more than I did before this exercise. His treatment of FZ and speedchuck has me considering the notion that both LC and FZ are bad and their exchanges in this game have been bullshit. It started with LC initiating suspicion of her and then going silent about it when she was almost lynched. It continued when he linked her to speedchuck based upon what I view as weak content, and then when he let her pass through day phase per her request. It's tinfoil perhaps and I welcome others' thoughts on the matter.

Independent of that I'd call LC a suspect given the prevalence of vague reads and the fact that outside FZ discussion he hasn't actually given much to this game.
I can see how you might think that, but no.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
He promoted a speedchuck lynch and voiced his willingness to give FZ more time per her request when she was away. I don't understand this, after he'd spend a large portion of his effort in this game prior casing her, debating with her, and calling her his top suspect. She asked for time and it was granted.
We lynched S~V~S on Day 1 in Blue vs Red recently, while she was completely not there, and while we had an outed baddie in the thread. I had negative emotions about that, so this time, I'm Joe Cool about allowing time.
How do you have outed mafia in the thread Day 1? :ponder:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
How do you have outed mafia in the thread Day 1? :ponder:
Oh yeah, Day 2 I mean. Dude, you were there. :|
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:MovingPictures07

Similarly to Epi, I think MP has stepped up to fill the vacuum of content left behind by my silliness. This is more typical of his play regardless of alignment, but I haven't had a problem with his content to this point. I think he looks like he is making a genuine effort to set the game on a proper initial course. I particularly appreciate his effort to generate early dialogue on the matter of cop cover, as it recalls his experiences in Arrested Development Mafia when he was able to successfully draw a night kill while covering for the cop (which alongside the cop's peeks proved to be a game-winning move). It makes a lot of sense for MP to care about this more than other players. I never weighed on the matter myself; I'll do so now: I think cover is important and should be engaged. It doesn't necessarily have to be blatant "my peek is _____", but at least one assertive, clear read can go a long way to confusing the mafia in their cop hunt. I will reassert MP's point that in this particular setup, the cop is of paramount importance. His or her lifespan can often be the factor which decides who wins the game. MP's my top civilian read.

MP, please tell me more about your town read on speedchuck.
Given the underlined, in which you explain how important keeping the cop alive is, I would have expected you to make some effort in providing cop cover, taking the lead in establishing what MP was trying to set up. Why did you not?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Given the underlined, in which you explain how important keeping the cop alive is, I would have expected you to make some effort in providing cop cover, taking the lead in establishing what MP was trying to set up. Why did you not?
Your question is not applicable, I have left peeks in my posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck ISO
speedchuck wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
speedchuck wrote:I'm probably gonna be pretty chill until D1 starts.
Why? This is the perfect opportunity to talk. What's on your mind pal? :grin:
I'm laying low generally not as active on the weekends. It was a thing in Phenon, it'll be a thing now.
That he was concerned with excusing Day 0 inactivity was a part of my early tonal suspicion, as well as his responses to early criticism. They're minor points that I don't really care now.

Day 1 rainbow -- I give speedchuck credit for taking a number of conclusive stances so quickly. Four town reads and three mafia reads was better than most managed by this point.
speedchuck wrote:Most of my reads are based on what others have said, as well as my sense of when posts feel really fake or genuine. Those feels are what sends my nutella read higher than Epi's, and my Wilgy/Eloh reads lower than most.
Transparency is good, man.
speedchuck wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey speedchuck, let's talk. You seemed to indicate that you were misremembering juliets and nutella to some extent re: Phenon meta, though it's not clear to me how that affected your read of nutella, if at all. Can you speak to that?
It worsened my read of nutella, but I'm currently getting the same non-negative vibes that you see from her. Waiting for it to develop.

MP, can I have some examples of past games from you? At least one town and at least one scum, preferably on this site. No replacements. Meta-read stuff. I'll tell you why once I get the examples. Thanks.
speedchuck wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Is MP always this polite and supportinve?
Didn't you ask this in another game we played together? :p
To be fair, it's giving me the heebie-jeebies as well.

That's why I asked for the meta-reading material. And after a few minutes of looking, I can safely say that I read you as more town now, but also have a higher level of paranoia on that read. If that makes sense.
I like this little progression. For a guy who is unfamiliar with MP I can understand being concerned with his supportive language and nature as a content facilitator. I think his pursuit of meta data and following conclusion look authentic.

Willful employment of POE -- after having seen this work so well in Phenon (in part to expose him) it makes sense that he'd operate that way this time. Continued

As I suggested earlier in the thread, I thought speedchuck's explanation for his nutella vote on Day 1 was the closest to my own mindset in the same scenario. I appreciate that.

POE continued -- I think the mindset is good. He went against the grain on at least a few reads, like Epignosis, FZ, and INH. He seems unconcerned with appearances. Reads expanded

~~~

Conclusion

I don't have much concern about speedchuck at this point. I think he looks good.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Having reviewed everyone, I'll summarize with a rainbow.

Marmot
speedchuck

Epignosis

insertnamehere
Elohcin

FZ.
Long Con
Dyslexicon

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

well, quiet in here, but as long as JJJ is voting for FZ., I'll place my vote there as well. This is a lynch I am on board with. I could easily switch my vote to JJJ. Marmot's INH vote is also one that I am fine with, but unless FZ and JJJ are off the table, I won't be going there.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LC, I have asserted that you and 3J are bad together. You have nothing to say to that charge?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:LC, I have asserted that you and 3J are bad together. You have nothing to say to that charge?
Well, I deny the accusation. Happy to lynch him. You really think that?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:LC, I have asserted that you and 3J are bad together. You have nothing to say to that charge?
Well, I deny the accusation. Happy to lynch him. You really think that?
Yes.

On what basis are you happy to lynch him?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think he and FZ are bad together, and he knows FZ is going down, so he has been sprinkling in the FZ suspicion for a little while, and now he's ramping up the offensive to try to implicate me, conspicuously after I have declared my suspicion of him. FZ gets lynched, is bad, and then he has already set up a push in my direction.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con, tell me why MP was an obvious night kill choice.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con, tell me why MP was an obvious night kill choice.
Civ leadership role, little to no suspicion, lots of cop talk.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
I think he was a poor kill choice. He was the most vocal about cop cover and did not leave a readily-discernible free peek that I can see on Day 1. You suggested earlier that you thought he might be the cop yourself. Why did you think so?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:
I think he was a poor kill choice. He was the most vocal about cop cover and did not leave a readily-discernible free peek that I can see on Day 1. You suggested earlier that you thought he might be the cop yourself. Why did you think so?
Was Luke a good kill choice?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Maybe there was no free peek? :shrug: I just looked at the kill choice and said "Why did they kill MP? I guess they thought he was the cop, trying to hide out in the open. I guess they saw him as a threat and it's easy to see why/"
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Was Luke a good kill choice?
I can understand him being viewed as a cop candidate given his low profile, so from that perspective it's an understandable choice. That is the chief point against Dizzy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I can understand him being viewed as a cop candidate given his low profile, so from that perspective it's an understandable choice. That is the chief point against Dizzy.
It's also a chief point that someone was trying to set up Dizzy.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sure. If that was the motive then I think it was a bad choice.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Maybe there was no free peek? :shrug: I just looked at the kill choice and said "Why did they kill MP? I guess they thought he was the cop, trying to hide out in the open. I guess they saw him as a threat and it's easy to see why/"
Floyd said there'd be a free peek in the sign-up thread.

If the mafia don't actually know that then it makes more sense for MP to be viewed as a cop.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sure. If that was the motive then I think it was a bad choice.
Then that would make Luke a poor choice either way.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Then that would make Luke a poor choice either way.
That depends on how the mafia perceive the cop threat. Here we are talking about whether it is a legitimate implication or a setup.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:JaggedJimmyJomps has been hacked by Vomps!

What a twiiiiiiiist!!!

Mafia, plz don't kill me early. I had to move away from my Wilgette and need this to keep my mind busy.

(and I'm still most definitely a doctor... just a zonked one...

So, who is bad?
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I also like the way LC handled all of that conversation, looking into it more intently.

I'd say I have two town reads already then. Cool.
What about me? What about me? :lorab:
I can't fully explain the gut feel, but these two posts gave me bad vibes. Wilgy addressing the mafia sounded suuper fake, which may have been the point, but my gut doesn't like it.
I also just get the willies anytime someone begs for an early read from a trusted towny, probably even more so when it's masked by jest.

These two posts seem jokey, of course, but I get a non-genuine feel from them. And on D1, that's enough to shove someone to the bottom of the heap.
speedchuck is now a town read.
JaggedJimmyJay, how did you know this wasn't his Day 0 peek?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 243

Post by Dyslexicon »

Blah. Sorry for being so absent. I've been traveling pretty much constantly the last day. And I don't have much time now either. I want to address the kill on Luke thing though, cause I realize it makes me look bad at surface level, and I definitely think it's purposeful. I find the kill to be a strange one outside of that and almost trolly (?) or too clever for it's own good? I knew Luke was not the cop, which is why I was comfortable pushing for his lynch. I don't know what else to say about it really. But I don't think it matter that much as I think we're close to a solved game anyway. =)

Will catch up on the last happenings.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:JaggedJimmyJomps has been hacked by Vomps!

What a twiiiiiiiist!!!

Mafia, plz don't kill me early. I had to move away from my Wilgette and need this to keep my mind busy.

(and I'm still most definitely a doctor... just a zonked one...

So, who is bad?
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I also like the way LC handled all of that conversation, looking into it more intently.

I'd say I have two town reads already then. Cool.
What about me? What about me? :lorab:
I can't fully explain the gut feel, but these two posts gave me bad vibes. Wilgy addressing the mafia sounded suuper fake, which may have been the point, but my gut doesn't like it.
I also just get the willies anytime someone begs for an early read from a trusted towny, probably even more so when it's masked by jest.

These two posts seem jokey, of course, but I get a non-genuine feel from them. And on D1, that's enough to shove someone to the bottom of the heap.
speedchuck is now a town read.
JaggedJimmyJay, how did you know this wasn't his Day 0 peek?
I don't know that. If he intended that to be his peek it was strange execution -- his first reception of speedchuck was negative.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@JJJ - Not going to respont to your ISO, sorry. Don't know what else to say than I think I've played a pretty straight town game (well, straight for me lol), and I can't really answer to the Luke kill, which is annoying.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Marmot wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Talk to me about that FZ. read if you don't mind.
Apparently you wanted a list of civilians, right? I agree with the reasoning for that, to let the cop get his reads out there with some cover.

Furthermore, I agree with what FZ had to say about your question. Maybe she was pretty aggressive in her pursuit, but I don't think such worry is misguided.
Well, it didn't even have to be a list of civilians from everyone, I just was trying to plan whether folks wanted to specifically discuss peeks or not; seeing as though there's no consensus, then yeah, I want to know what everyone's reads are, especially town reads.

Townies lose games when they withhold information from each other, especially in this kind of setup.
JJJ, even with MP specifically seeking peek-cover compatriots, you would expect to see a peek reveal that was somewhat obvious? In this post, he seems like he wants to, at least.

I belabor the point only because I feel like it's a weak-ass reason to supposedly rule someone out from being the cop, just because you didn't notice a peek from him. Sounds made up.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:JJJ, even with MP specifically seeking peek-cover compatriots, you would expect to see a peek reveal that was somewhat obvious? In this post, he seems like he wants to, at least.

I belabor the point only because I feel like it's a weak-ass reason to supposedly rule someone out from being the cop, just because you didn't notice a peek from him. Sounds made up.
I've already spoken about this well earlier in the thread. The lack of a visible, clear peek is not the only reason I think MP was a poor kill. I also think he was the clearest cover for the reasons I spoke of repeatedly which recall what he did in Arrested Development Mafia. He made a cover play that kept the real cop alive in the last day which secured the win -- he has made cover work beautifully before and his desire to repeat that was all over his discussion of the cop.

It's not "weak-ass", it's a combination of meta and observation. MP being killed didn't leave us with a "seer hunt cleared" name either because there wasn't a clear peek in his posts. If the mafia thought he was the cop then the mafia were not paying attention. I don't know what motivated the kill or what strategies the mafia wished to pursue. Based upon my experience playing in this setup both as a civilian and as a mafioso, I think it was a bad choice.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:@JJJ - Not going to respont to your ISO, sorry. Don't know what else to say than I think I've played a pretty straight town game (well, straight for me lol), and I can't really answer to the Luke kill, which is annoying.
I don't care about your answer to my ISO. I care about your reads.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:@JJJ - Not going to respont to your ISO, sorry. Don't know what else to say than I think I've played a pretty straight town game (well, straight for me lol), and I can't really answer to the Luke kill, which is annoying.
Well, I'm going to

Vote FZ

And then I will note that your tone has changed towards me. Do you not care about my health and well being anymore?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Well, I'm going to

Vote FZ

And then I will note that your tone has changed towards me. Do you not care about my health and well being anymore?
Well I don't mean to be a jerk. Why the FZ vote?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Well I don't mean to be a jerk. Why the FZ vote?
You're not a jerk. <3 I just think your tone is different and I don't really like it in an alignment/game relevant kind of way. YOU are wonderful and awesome and do really long posts. :p The FZ vote is simply because I think she is scum. Could put more words to it, but meh. It's basically the time of solving and I think we're close. If that isn't good enough, I have more cat gifs. :3
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

*Will multitask until EoD*

I'm totally great at that.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 104

Post by speedchuck »

Dyslexicon wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Well I don't mean to be a jerk. Why the FZ vote?
You're not a jerk. <3 I just think your tone is different and I don't really like it in an alignment/game relevant kind of way. YOU are wonderful and awesome and do really long posts. :p The FZ vote is simply because I think she is scum. Could put more words to it, but meh. It's basically the time of solving and I think we're close. If that isn't good enough, I have more cat gifs. :3
You keep saying the game is close to solved. And sure, I guess, if the cop lives to tomorrow AND hasn't checked and people that have died, we may be good.

Otherwise, do tell. In what way is the game nearly solved? A town lynch now would lead to Lylo tomorrow.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 52

Post by FZ. »

Okay, I really didn't want to do this, and I hoped it might not come to this, but like I said, this is a really bad time for me to play mafia, and I can't be here at all today, and we're getting to the stage where if we mislynch again, we are very close to losing. So I'm doing this, because there's a good chance I'm getting lynched and dying anyway, so here goes:

I AM THE COP

I peeked WIlgy night0. I told you he was good. You went and lynched him when I was gone.
I peeked Epi night1, because after we mislynched Nutella, who Epi went after, I doubted my initial trust of him and added with the fact I felt he was being different from last game, I wanted to make sure. I got civ.

Lastly, I peeked LC tonight because duh, I was suspicious of him and told you all he was bad. I was right. Once I knew he was mafia, I thought I'd sit back a little and see who he might be working with. Hence I didn't vote for him yet and wanted to see what he said and how he reacted to other people.

If you view the thread, you will see that I'm telling the truth. We really need to lynch LC. I think there's a chance JJJ is working with him, because of his "theory" about LC and I being on the same team. I told you it's laughable.

I'm really sorry I'm dropping this bomb and leaving, but I have no choice. You'll just have to decide whether you believe me or not, and no doubt, LC will try to manipulate you now into believing I am lying, so please just go back and read the thread. I left the hints subtly, but they are there.
Funnily, I guess the cop role, which is my first time ever getting it on the syndicate, by the way, made me act less natural than my usual self. I got really frustrated on the first day, when you almost lynched me. I'm sorry for that, but I guess the upside is, I never got NK.

And with that, I'm voting LC, and leaving. I know I'll probably get NK tonight, but I think it's better than to get lynched now.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I would be super sad if the scum team ended up as inh, eloh, and fz. Though based on the kills and gameplay so far, I'd bet at one or two scum reside here.

Hell of a linki there. Good cop play in my opinion, FZ.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Voting lc
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:...no doubt, LC will try to manipulate you now into believing I am lying...
:haha: Masterful.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm voting Long Con. There's really no other option here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Heists”