Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 27

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by thellama73 »

I'm voting for Bob, which I feel extra good about because MP trusts him, and MP is almost always bad, and when he's not bad, he's wrong.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

thellama73 wrote:I think we are going to get along very well.
Omg. Are you the person that inspired this ---> :llama: ?

I love it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Post by S~V~S »

Dyslexicon wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:This game is so bublicated.
I'm lost, lol.
I really like your avatar.^^
Thank you.

And yes, Llama is the very image of that smiley.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

thellama73 wrote:I'm voting for Bob, which I feel extra good about because MP trusts him, and MP is almost always bad, and when he's not bad, he's wrong.

I'm making friends. My parents would be proud.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dyslexicon wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I think we are going to get along very well.
Omg. Are you the person that inspired this ---> :llama: ?

I love it.
Yes. This is a picture of me in my new sailing hat. I should also add that I also particularly love SVS's new avatar.

Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

HOLY SHIT YOU LOOK LIKE CASTRO!!

Sorry not green on phone.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:HOLY SHIT YOU LOOK LIKE CASTRO!!

I like to think I look like Captain Quint.

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:HOLY SHIT YOU LOOK LIKE CASTRO!!

I like to think I look like Captain Quin.
You called?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sobered up. Since I'm gonna talk about Bob, it's worth stating that my earlier post about Bob/Ice (who is not in the game, though I wish he was) was a joke. I hadn't actually read any content at the time.

I do not consider Bob's actions as outlined by MP protown or antitown.

Bob is by my estimation the best HCRealms player who isn't me. He's great at strategic analysis. I totally expected his first posts to be clarifying rules/tricky roles and especially meta/Syndicate strategy. That is outside his alignment and is step one to playing this game from his (and my) standpoint. You have to understand the whole picture before you can play well. In no universe does Bob ignore this and in no universe is he scared to engage the Syndicate players in this type of discussion.

The only thing that Bob has done that is potentially alignment indicative is voting for Dizzy. Bob, can you explain your vote?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Llama looks about how I expected him to irl. Make of that what you will.

@MP

Given my previous post, do you still read Bob as town?

Don't really like LLama's vote on Bob but the one time he was town with me in a game, he was lynched Day One as the cop. Actually thought his mafia performance in Blue vs Red was more my idea of what a townie looks like so :shrug: But I don't like follow up votes behind votes with unstated reasoning, especially on a player he hasn't played with. I don't think Llama thinks Bob is scum and two votes is not a opportunistic train. Considering the number of players who haven't talked and the amount Bob has, I'm not sure what the purpose of Llama's vote is.

@Wigly

Lots of times we go no lynch on Day One on the Realms. Hate it. But we don't generally have Day Zero and it shows in the Day One results. It's a fair question from GFish.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:I'm not sure what the purpose of Llama's vote is.
I'll save you some time. The purpose of everything I do in this game is to kill baddies. :mafia:

colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Sobered up. Since I'm gonna talk about Bob, it's worth stating that my earlier post about Bob/Ice (who is not in the game, though I wish he was) was a joke. I hadn't actually read any content at the time.

I do not consider Bob's actions as outlined by MP protown or antitown.

Bob is by my estimation the best HCRealms player who isn't me. He's great at strategic analysis. I totally expected his first posts to be clarifying rules/tricky roles and especially meta/Syndicate strategy. That is outside his alignment and is step one to playing this game from his (and my) standpoint. You have to understand the whole picture before you can play well. In no universe does Bob ignore this and in no universe is he scared to engage the Syndicate players in this type of discussion.

The only thing that Bob has done that is potentially alignment indicative is voting for Dizzy. Bob, can you explain your vote?
Oh, look at Jack trying to pocket me/get me killed N1. :shifty:

I voted for somebody who apparently read enough to see MP had a town read but not enough to see who it was. Also, I prefer to let the votes fly, and there weren't any yet. Now we have some. I think that's a good thing, even if two of them are currently on me.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

colonialbob wrote:Oh, look at Jack trying to pocket me/get me killed N1. :shifty:
What, in your estimation, are the chances that this is what's happening?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:
colonialbob wrote:Oh, look at Jack trying to pocket me/get me killed N1. :shifty:
Actually, on reread, I'll clarify - I was more talking about him pocketing you.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
Why would his own team NK him on Night 1?

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Long Con wrote:
Fairly low - I'd expect Jack to say something along these lines no matter his alignment. If he's town, providing good meta info on me is a helpful thing when half the game has no idea of who I am, and I'm an early topic of discussion. If he's scum (or neutral), providing meta info is a good way of being helpful without actually saying anything alignment related. A serious pocketing attempt from him would probably revolve more around reads than stuff like this, IMO.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
I didn't read bob's post that way. I don't think Mafia would kill a teammate Night 1. :confused:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
A) It was semi-jokingly referring to calling me a very strong player makes it more likely that one of the scum teams takes me out.

B) Even if I was scum (which I am not) there are two teams. Something I'd expect people to know?

So now you've earned my vote! Don't like this or the follow-on vote you had.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

colonialbob wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
A) It was semi-jokingly referring to calling me a very strong player makes it more likely that one of the scum teams takes me out.

B) Even if I was scum (which I am not) there are two teams. Something I'd expect people to know?

So now you've earned my vote! Don't like this or the follow-on vote you had.
Good. Now things are getting interesting.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 0)

Meta!

Adam is cool as a cucumber. He does not crack. Unafraid of going against the grain. Sometimes not as active as I would hope. Depends on things irl. Generally doesn't lead lynches but gets conversation going early. Clutch late game.

Nifty is a nice guy. Gets a bit flustered when under suspicion (only as a townie?) especially when people scum read him based on disagreements like "Player X would only do that if they were mafia" or "Your target is super scummy, Nifty" and he doesn't think so. Can't trust me early. Expects me to not trust him. Traditionally an early game coaster (on reads, not posting) he's been really getting into things early, lately. Better than he thinks he is.

See previous post about Bob. He's a lynch leader and probably has the most Syndicatey play style besides me and Silver.

Dom I've played with once. Kinda quiet. Similar to Nifty, can get fluster over disagreements. More likely to turn disagreements into scum reads.

DrWigly is jokey. Haven't watched him pull off a strong play or a big mistake so idk what I can say that would be helpful beyond "fluff/silliness=/=scum Wigly."

Dizzy is basically ABF if ABF was good at mafia and didn't disappear for full day phases on occasion.

Epi is my arrogance/confidence and desire to meta read stuff only he's apparently good at it. Kinda grumpy. Maybe a better comparison would be Rokk when he isn't having fun. Smart cookie, though. Doesn't crack even in really bad situations. Soft spot for Llama.

Fred is known by most of us.

GFish is smart and thinks outside the box. Don't read him good or bad based on his "stupid questions." He's going somewhere with them. Or he just hasn't ruled the idea out as stupid yet. Will lead lynches early. Soft/hard spot for IR.

IR is another lynch leader. Gets a bit more heated at times than the other players in his weight class. Not as much as Silver, though. Smart with night actions. Soft/hard spot for GFish.

LC is very chill. Thinking what I'm thinking pretty often. I'm terrible at reading him. Soft spot for Epi. Will probably seem fluffy for a day or two but don't worry about that.

MP is sweet as pie. Suuuuper clutch late game when he puts the time in. Haven't actually played an early game with him iirc.

Nutella's style didn't really stand out to me or rub anyone the wrong way in the one game we played together in. He was supertown and then he died.

Silver is known to most of us.

Spirityo I don't have a good bead on. Watched him get easy lynched as town, replace in and get easy lynched as mafia. On the quiet side. Newish to the site?

SVS is nice and used to have a badger avatar. Don't have a strong understanding of her meta.

Llama is Llama. I guess that's not helpful. You'll see. I don't get him anyway.

Tony is relatively new to the Realms. Great performances in one night setups. Doesn't tend to lead lynches. Has impressed me more as scum than as town. So if I think he's town, he's fooled me and if I think he's scum, I'm tunneling.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

thellama73 wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:I'm not sure what the purpose of Llama's vote is.
I'll save you some time. The purpose of everything I do in this game is to kill baddies. :mafia:
thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
This is what I mean about Llama. What do I even do with that?

Thought he was obviously scum while watching dead on the sidelines in BvR, though. Cause of votes.

Maybe I'll ignore Llama words and focus on Llama actions.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:LC is very chill. Thinking what I'm thinking pretty often. I'm terrible at reading him. Soft spot for Epi. Will probably seem fluffy for a day or two but don't worry about that.
Yeah, that seems about right. Nice.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Jack I'm a she k

Don't know how to feel about most players so far, there isn't much to go on yet. I think I agree with MP's civ read of Bob though.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 137

Post by DrWilgy »

nutella wrote:Don't know how to feel about most players so far, there isn't much to go on yet. I think I agree with MP's civ read of Bob though.
That's just too easy Hazelnut.

Dig deep and tell me how you truely feel.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

How I truly feel is I have no idea because it's day 1. I tend to start with a handful of gut civ reads, but they are loose and subject to change. I suppose you're another one, as is Dizzy (though apparently Dizzy just won as mafia in Currents so I'm a little leery of my instinct to trust them)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote:Jack I'm a she k

Don't know how to feel about most players so far, there isn't much to go on yet. I think I agree with MP's civ read of Bob though.
My bad.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 137

Post by DrWilgy »

nutella wrote:How I truly feel is I have no idea because it's day 1. I tend to start with a handful of gut civ reads, but they are loose and subject to change. I suppose you're another one, as is Dizzy (though apparently Dizzy just won as mafia in Currents so I'm a little leery of my instinct to trust them)
Oh, well I think you are pretty cool too! ~<3
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Wigly

Lots of times we go no lynch on Day One on the Realms. Hate it. But we don't generally have Day Zero and it shows in the Day One results. It's a fair question from GFish.
Omoshiroi

Llama has MP done anything this game that indicates that he is bad? Are you bad?

I'd like for the players that have claimed they see someone as civvy to answer this - Would you feel bad if they died tonight?

I'm going to go to sleep now and dream, and when I wake up, everything's gonna be fine. I'll wake up in a better place, in a better time.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Did ya'll know there's an ISO button under your name? Like, you don't have to wait for the mod to post it on the front page.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Hey there everyone. Does this game involve all the ME games or only the latest one?
Why, is your role from the latest one?

How familiar are you with the games? I am 100% unfamiliar. :ponder:
I have no idea if my role is from the latest one or not. I am also 100% unfamiliar. Well 95%, cause I know it has something to do with space, and the main person is called Shepard.
And you do know there are multiple games, and know enough about it to ask this question.

Not sure why this would be suspicious, but it does get my attention. Only thing so far, really.

MP, have you played at the HRC forum?
why is this attention worthy? do you play mass effect?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Silver Lantern »

S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Hey there everyone. Does this game involve all the ME games or only the latest one?

I have no idea if my role is from the latest one or not. I am also 100% unfamiliar. Well 95%, cause I know it has something to do with space, and the main person is called Shepard.
And you do know there are multiple games, and know enough about it to ask this question.

Not sure why this would be suspicious, but it does get my attention. Only thing so far, really.

It's true that I do know there are multiple games. I also believe it is similar to Dragon Age in space based on an old game Mal ran, but that might be wrong.

Why does me asking that get your attention? Or was it "me not pointing out that there's more than one game," which got your attention?
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Did ya'll know there's an ISO button under your name? Like, you don't have to wait for the mod to post it on the front page.
Pretty handy...
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Meta!

What a jip, lol. C'mon Jack, gimme some meta info on myself! :ninja:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Silver Lantern wrote:

If Silver decides I'm town early on, he's mafia. :beer:
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:

If Silver decides I'm town early on, he's mafia. :beer:

:fist:

This is so true it's painful.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:

My perspective is that S~V~S is presenting the notion that Silver was being evasive or deceptive about his Mass Effect knowledge, and that an evasive or deceptive attitude could indicate a Mafia role. Right?
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Long Con wrote:
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:

My perspective is that S~V~S is presenting the notion that Silver was being evasive or deceptive about his Mass Effect knowledge, and that an evasive or deceptive attitude could indicate a Mafia role. Right?
Why would I need to be deceptive about my knowledge of the theme? Why wouldn't I try to seem helpful by illustrating my knowledge, if I had any?

Also, I think SVS is a big boy/girl and can answer the question for him/herself.

Thanks for the assist though, it is noted.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Silver Lantern wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:

It's true that I do know there are multiple games. I also believe it is similar to Dragon Age in space based on an old game Mal ran, but that might be wrong.

Why does me asking that get your attention? Or was it "me not pointing out that there's more than one game," which got your attention?
I just thought it was a bit of a dichotomy. First you make a post implying knowledge then you deny that you have any knowledge.

It might not be alignment indicative, but it did catch my eye. It caught my eye specifically because I really do know nothing, and your post about which game the roles are from made me nervous I had gotten in over my head. It made you look like someone who knew the subject. So your "I know nothing" post surprised me.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Why would I need to be deceptive about my knowledge of the theme?

Was there a "need" expressed in my statement? Perhaps it's part of cultivating the idea that you have no knowledge, like a Civilian has no knowledge. This kind of thing can happen on a subconscious level - you get in the mindset of "ok, I'm Mafia and I know who's bad, but I have to pretend I don't know" and you find yourself acting that way even when you don't "need" to.
Why wouldn't I try to seem helpful by illustrating my knowledge, if I had any?
Some might do that. I don't think it would get you much town cred to do so.
Also, I think SVS is a big boy/girl and can answer the question for him/herself.
S~V~S is a big bear lady, and I had no doubt that my contribution to the discussion would in no way hinder her own opinion from making it into the thread. S~V~S is very opinionated. :grin:

My reaction was as much an observation on S~V~S as it was on you. Maybe she's bad, and is looking to plant seeds of doubt from the get-go.
Thanks for the assist though, it is noted.
As is your reaction.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:

A quick glance back in the thread shows multiple players referencing Mass Effect 1 and 2, mostly shortened to ME1 and ME2. Knowing there are multiple games takes nothing more than skimming the thread.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I probably noticed it because you asked him about it regarding his role, so if anything Mt Molehill is your fault, lol.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DrWilgy wrote: Llama has MP done anything this game that indicates that he is bad? Are you bad?
MP is always bad. He just has that sort of luck with Random.org. No, I'm not bad. In fact, my first post of this game was to point that out.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:I probably noticed it because you asked him about it regarding his role, so if anything Mt Molehill is your fault, lol.
In retrospect, I'm already glad to have asked. :srsnod:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Llama has MP done anything this game that indicates that he is bad? Are you bad?
MP is always bad. He just has that sort of luck with Random.org. No, I'm not bad. In fact, my first post of this game was to point that out.
Is that something you commonly do?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think Long Con might be bad too, but he is always tricky for me to read.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
No, but I've rolled bad a few times recently and it has caused people to lynch me a lot, even when I'm not bad, so I was asking people not to do that this time, because a) it's frustrating and b) I am civvie.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:I think Long Con might be bad too, but he is always tricky for me to read.
That's what they all say.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Why did you ask this question, LC? You have played with me enough to know my style. Why ask a question you already know the answer to? Your curiosity here is fake news. FAKE NEWS!

*Votes Long Con*

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hey HCR players, I note that Adam, Gfish and Tony all have 1-2 posts. Is this the norm for them? Or do you think they may be shy in front of strangers?

Also, what is the norm for dealing with low posters at HCR? Do you lynch them, do they get modkilled?

I also note Epi has only two posts. Epi, come play with us. I need my grammar corrected :grin:

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Why did you ask this question, LC? You have played with me enough to know my style. Why ask a question you already know the answer to? Your curiosity here is fake news. FAKE NEWS!

*Votes Long Con*
You may look like Castro, but you sound like my Dad. "Fake News" is his new fave expression.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

*Votes Long Con*
You really think I was implying that I didn't know the answer already? :shrug: When I ask a question I already know the answer to, it's probably because I want to hear your answer. Is that unusual to you?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

1. S~V~S wants to lynch or modkill Epi.

2. S~V~S is Castro's daughter.

This game is getting good.

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”