Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 0)

Post by Tangrowth »

gfishfunk wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't think creating a meta list is remotely high priority, especially with a thread so untalkative and with so little reads floating around. I have no idea what most of the player list even think of any other single player. That's not good.
I have the opposite approach: I think it generates talkative players.
I'm all for generating content, don't get me wrong. I just think I'd rather see players develop reads than throw out meta assessment lists.

But I won't argue with however anyone wants to play this game. A contribution is a contribution, at least it's something to judge.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, guess I'll make this meta list thing now I suppose. Grumble grumble. :p

Meanwhile, gfish, can you let me know what all of your current reads are briefly? Like, just a list of who you're reading as town, null, and mafia would be great.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 27

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Llama has MP done anything this game that indicates that he is bad? Are you bad?
MP is always bad. He just has that sort of luck with Random.org. No, I'm not bad. In fact, my first post of this game was to point that out.
I haven't actually rolled a bad role in ages now. I'm on a long stretch of town roles these days. I'm loving it. :slick:
So you're saying you're overdue...
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Llama has MP done anything this game that indicates that he is bad? Are you bad?
MP is always bad. He just has that sort of luck with Random.org. No, I'm not bad. In fact, my first post of this game was to point that out.
I haven't actually rolled a bad role in ages now. I'm on a long stretch of town roles these days. I'm loving it. :slick:
So you're saying you're overdue...
Lrn2probability, Logan.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

How about some serious reads, Llama?
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 64

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 0)

Post by Silver Lantern »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Hey there everyone. Does this game involve all the ME games or only the latest one?
Why, is your role from the latest one?

How familiar are you with the games? I am 100% unfamiliar. :ponder:
I have no idea if my role is from the latest one or not. I am also 100% unfamiliar. Well 95%, cause I know it has something to do with space, and the main person is called Shepard.
And you do know there are multiple games, and know enough about it to ask this question.
A quick glance back in the thread shows multiple players referencing Mass Effect 1 and 2, mostly shortened to ME1 and ME2. Knowing there are multiple games takes nothing more than skimming the thread.
Posting as I catch up. <--- (Sorry, not sure what color that needs to be in) :shrug2:

Obviously, I knew there was more than one game, it was more than implied. The reason I wanted SVS to answer herself is that I felt it sort of feigned for her to state that I knew there was more than one game and did not disclose that, when it was beyond obvious that I did disclose that by simply asking which game it was from. Seemed like the sort of thing a scummer would say to seem helpful when in fact, it contributes nothing to the discussion, so I wanted to see her defense to that claim, which frankly, you sort of fubared by coming to her aid.

Be that as it may, her subsequent response is more than satisfactory, and I trust she was just commenting on it, matter of factly.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Post by gfishfunk »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, guess I'll make this meta list thing now I suppose. Grumble grumble. :p

Meanwhile, gfish, can you let me know what all of your current reads are briefly? Like, just a list of who you're reading as town, null, and mafia would be great.
I'll do that next. I need to get some actual work done while at work for now, though. I'll still have it done very soon.
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

S~V~S wrote:Hey HCR players, I note that Adam, Gfish and Tony all have 1-2 posts. Is this the norm for them? Or do you think they may be shy in front of strangers?

Also, what is the norm for dealing with low posters at HCR? Do you lynch them, do they get modkilled?

I also note Epi has only two posts. Epi, come play with us. I need my grammar corrected :grin:
All 3 of those can be pretty chatty and not what I would consider quiet. Adam has been a bit less active in games as of late, but I agree with JoH's assessment and he is a very strong player, especially come end game.

The meta at HCR is pretty meta game heavy, so quiets are known as quiets and it's not necessarily indicative of bad behavior. A mod will replace an inactive player. There is no set rule or quota as to quiet players, though they will get heat for being quiet as is normal, of course.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

colonialbob wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Bob, since you're here, let's talk. What are your current reads and why? Literally any reads you have, even if very slight.
Sighhhhh had a whole post of reads get eaten. Will come back to this, promise. Sorry, playing on mobile st work sucks sometimes. :fist:
Ok, Reads as of this post, minus the gfish/MP back and forth:

Like Wilgy. Asking questions, probing, examining people's posts.

Like MP for similar reasons. Also the "joke" votes help; they may not indicate anything, but if they do it's likely that MP is town that mafia wants to meta-lynch early to get out of the way.

Didn't like Dizzy's early posting (jokes, not reading), but since then it's been much townier.

Don't like llama much, posting or voting. Folks have kinda meta-cleared him, but the nice thing about being unfamiliar with so many people is the ability to ignore all that and make reads organically.

Jack's wall o' meta is fairly typical, but I read him as slightly scummy. Feel like he's trying to steer too much in a game where there are plenty of other good players.

Also don't like Nifty much tbh. Early follow vote without much engagement.

Gfish seems typical, which means I doubt I'll get much of a scum/town lean from him early. Don't understand his read on MP though.

That's who stands out so far. Now to catch up and see if anything changes.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Adam wrote:Is there a way to make nested replies more readable? Should I change the theme I guess?
There is a way to make the background white (like HCRealms) instead of black, if that helps.
CaptainNifty
Posts in topic: 86

Post by CaptainNifty »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
CaptainNifty wrote: Right now I don't like llama's posting. I'm going to trust that he's just a bit of a grinner (HCR knows what I mean), but I the bouncing around kinda thing makes him look guilty in my book.
How? Walk me through that logic.
The logic works like this: If all you do is bounce from topic to topic with silliness, that could be scum feigning participation. It can muddy the waters and obscure good info gathering. It's a common scum tactic to simply sew confusion among the town. It's not a play I like. It messes with my gut, and my gut is pretty good.
MovingPictures07 wrote: I play this game in an aggressive fashion, that I can admit, because I like to take charge of the thread and I love starting discussion. I get heavily invested in mafia games and my style involves me making many posts and interrogating players to the best of my ability to uncover everyone's alignment. I'm a heavily analytically-driven player, even if I get emotional and can develop tone-based reads, and I need a lot of content to sort through players as effectively as possible. All of my posts are made in an entirely respectful and in-game fashion of trying to play the game to the best of my ability. Sometimes I feel that requires some confident or driven interrogations as opposed to less emotional inquiries.

Literally nothing I post is ever intended with arrogance. I want to make that abundantly clear. I love playing this game with all of you and I mean no disrespect. If you ever take offense or disrespect out of something I say, I apologize in advance, and I'd be more than happy to try and settle any seriously harmed feelings or disputes outside of the game thread with the assistance of the Moderator on Duty, but I'd hope nothing I say ever reaches that level.
I get this. I can appreciate that it's a different style of play. I don't get my feelings hurt, it will just take longer for you to earn my trust. If your arrogance (excuse me aggression) hits pay dirt, you'll probably win me over.
gfishfunk wrote:I don't like how you indicated that JoH's post was pointless: lets call it a Meta-list. I wish to turn it into a game and see how people respond. You questioned its value and then several posts later discussed llama's day 1 habits - something that shows the Meta-list to be useful. Your avoidance of making a Meta-list is suspicious to me.

If it helps, Long Con is my most scum read at the moment. That Meta-list is totally non-revealing. Its a response that shows participation without providing substance. Nifty's Meta-list also struck me: I said adamcial is a bit of a lurker and he copied it into his. Adamical is not a lurker, he tends to have one of the higher post counts in a game. I wanted to see who called me out on it and was surprised when Nifty copied it.
Remember, until recently I hadn't played mafia in close to six months. The last two games I've played with adam, he has died due to lack of substantive participation. I think lurker was the wrong word. It got stuck in my head from reading your list. Maybe lately he has just been half-present so to speak. Maybe he's just off his game.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Caught up, nothing much has changed. I guess I'll add LongCon to the list of people I don't really want to vote for, but that might just be our similar reactions to the MP votes.

On a sidenote, I like this gfish. Interactive, debate-y, trap-laying. Still not really alignment-tipping, though.

And back to work, will pop in later. Will be interested to see if llama gives me a reason to move my vote (whether by giving a scum read I can agree with or by explaining/defending himself).
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

colonialbob wrote: Jack's wall o' meta is fairly typical, but I read him as slightly scummy. Feel like he's trying to steer too much in a game where there are plenty of other good players.

I'm not sure where you get this?

I have about 1/4 of your posts and I've only been on since 7:30 this morning. That's plenty of engagement. I explained my vote in my list. I've grown convinced that no-lynch isn't usually the best option.

I still feel you're townish, but you are wrong on this one.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Long Con wrote:Anyway, as I said, voting Silver Lantern. I didn't particularly like his response to my comments on the S~V~S thing.

I also am suspicious of Dizzy and Llama, for their "kill MP day 1" "jokes". Just reminds me too much of Macdougall in the Champs game, and the "joke" that fully meta-caught him.
You've already played a game with me, so either you didn't read anything I posted that game, or you're willfully ignoring my propensity and reputation for volatility. Either way, that's scummy behavior IMO.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Fuuuuuuuu my post! Let's see if I can remember everything.

Fluffy stuff:
@GFish
Bob is better than you? No comment. ;)

@Dizzy
I like you but you ain't the last unicorn.

@MP
You could have lost us the Phenom game by not trying. Instead, you put forth a heroic effort (considering how late you replaced in) and helped get the town a win. I call that super clutch.

@LC
Love the poem.

Non fluff:
I dislike Nifty's vote on Llama, especially achknowedging that it could be natural non alignment indicative suspicious posting. I agree with most of his meta and reasoning, though. Needs an asterisk next to his gut evaluation. *Does not apply to Jack

@Dizzy
But seriously, why MP?

Town reading MP. Won't vote for him today.

@MP

Two reasons for my big meta post. Firstly, to reduce culture clash. Secondly, to get people talking, specifically about each other. We sleep through day one too often on the Realms. Sometimes, asking for reads can be like pulling teeth. Talking about meta is my way to cut through that early on when there's nothing much in game to talk about yet.

@GFish

Do I cozy as mafia? *Eyebrow*
Silver sure as hell does but I don't think that's my MO.

Strongly leaning towards voting GFish right now.

Dizzy/GFish not w/w. Llama/GFish not w/w. Llama/Nifty not w/w.

Town reading LC. I'm sure I'll scum read him on day three and then on day five, I'll tell you his real alignment if we're both alive. Disagree with him on Silver. Null read Silver.

Post MP walking back from GFish, I town read him less.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

This is the best post in this game.

Interwebs bromance yo! Here comes my high five through the fiber optic cable... :hugs:
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Town reading LC. .
Why?

Fills.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:Anyway, as I said, voting Silver Lantern. I didn't particularly like his response to my comments on the S~V~S thing.

I also am suspicious of Dizzy and Llama, for their "kill MP day 1" "jokes". Just reminds me too much of Macdougall in the Champs game, and the "joke" that fully meta-caught him.
You've already played a game with me, so either you didn't read anything I posted that game, or you're willfully ignoring my propensity and reputation for volatility. Either way, that's scummy behavior IMO.
Yeah but you're not doing much, which is scummy.

Something something. Broken clocks.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Silver Lantern wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Town reading LC. .
Why?

Fills.
Tone. Solving but not dominating.

It's a weak read.
Adam
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Adam »

Posting a reads list, this was most of the way though Page 6, I still have to catch up. Are post numbers visible somewhere I'm just not seeing them?

Slightly Town:
colonialbob: Participating early and often, unafraid to lead discussion and ask questions
gfishfunk: More aggressive than normal. I'm interpreting that as town but it doesn't have to be.

Uncertain:
S~V~S: At first I felt like the how many ME games are there discussion was making a mountain out of a molehill, but I liked the most recent post I saw responding to MP, so one plus and one minus gets me back to uncertain
Jackofhearts2005: Typical blustery. I'd see both town/scum Jack posting meta reads. Drunk posting makes me more inclined to believe he's town, but I wouldn't put it past scum Jack to fake drunk posting.
Long Con: I like his interactions with Bob, Silver, and S~V~S, but the rhymes and the images posted seem more like distractions.
Dyslexicon: A lot of fluff posts, but also a post that is more substantive than anything anyone else has put out, so I'm not sure what to make of playstyle yet
MovingPictures07: TBD; Swamping the thread when I started compiling my reads, haven't really looked through his recent posts yet

Slightly scum:
Fredwood: A lot of early on joking-around posts, hasn't been back since the thread picked up though
DrWilgy: Has asked a lot of questions but hasn't really provided his own opinions
thellama73: Seemed to deliberately misinterpret LC's question to Bob
Silver_Lantern: So far mostly involved in that discussion about how many ME games there are
CaptainNifty: A little too prickly for my liking at this point

Null reads: Not enough content yet
TonyStarkPrime
Immortal_Raven
nutella
Dom
sprityo
Epignosis
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:How about some serious reads, Llama?
Serious reads? Okay.

I distrust Bob and Long Con.

As much as I hate to say it, I think Dom is civ.

I like Dyslexicon, and would be surprised if he/she/it is mafia.

You seem a little testy, which is a good look for you, usually.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Also the people who want to lynch me for acting how I always act need to reevaluate their life choices.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Half the realmsers think I'm a silver tongued mafia god. The other half think I'm blustery and full of fluff.

I feel like I should be offended but I'm more amused.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Half the realmsers think I'm a silver tongued mafia god. The other half think I'm blustery and full of fluff.

I feel like I should be offended but I'm more amused.
I'm neutral on you right now. I know how sneaky you can be from our last game together. Keeping an :eye: on you though.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't know the HCR people really, so I'll just develop those assessments based on how I feel about them largely within this game. So this list will be more so a meta list for those I know and a first impressions and likely more relevant to actual reads list for those I do know.

Re: the Syndicate people, just a general disclaimer that these are my general assessments of these folks, and that I do not vouch for their universal accuracy or agreement with how other players may view them.

Syndicate folks:
Dom - Depends on how busy he is, which can affect his posting frequency and general effectiveness, but nonetheless contributes well even under limited pressure. Dom always likes to poke and prod, asking questions, typically ones that no one else thinks to ask, which can be a source of suspicion but also of unique and great insight.

DrWilgy - Loves to play with WIFOM and general mindfuckery. Loves to make gambits and play with an air of unpredictability and I'd say he always with a carefree demeanor. Tends to be a bit more susceptible to paranoia as a member of the town. His contributions can be underrated unfortunately, however, due to his demeanor.

Dyslexicon - Carefree and fun. Often suspicions are built around a healthy dose of tone-based observations and paranoia, but don't let that fool you into thinking Dizzy is a one-man pony; Dizzy can make some very analytically-driven insightful observations as well. I'm not sure I can say much as to differences between Dizzy's town and mafia game since I've only played 1 cycle of a game with a mafia-aligned Dizzy.

Epignosis - Assertive, bold, and confident. May become a thread leader, especially when no such leader doesn't already exists. It's not necessarily out of character for him to post less, especially on D1, though if he's busy and sometimes he likes to observe and then pounce once he sees something to interrogate or a way to get a reaction. Likes pressuring players. Likes to build proper cases, which can range from incredibly detailed and researched meta observations (some of the best I've ever seen), to grammatically-driven analysis (he is an English teacher after all), and to heavily analytical voting record insights and post behavior interpretations. He is a straight shooter, but don't put any sort of gambit past him either. I would say he's very difficult to sort into town or mafia generally, especially based on meta, but I think I have noticed a slight trend in that he tends to tunnel more when mafia and be more likely to work with and consider fellow town reads' thoughts when town, even if he's always stubborn.

Long Con - Crafty, cunning, and one of the most convincing liars you'll ever meet (when he's bad, but occasionally when he's town as well). He can be prone to make observations that come from a unique mindset as well which can get him into similar situations as Dom; it can present him with unwarranted suspicion but also with an intriguing and valuable perspective into other players' behavior. His game is an incredibly mechanical game of deception when he's mafia; I'd say less careful and more 'heart on the sleeve's when he's town. Across both alignments I'd say he may be more apt to put stock into meta assessments than the average Syndicateer, and that he's better at using meta to his advantage when developing reads than most.

nutella - Reasonable and insightful, usually all the while keeping a reasonable post count (unlike yours truly, who needs too many posts to make his points). Unfortunately I'd say she is often misunderstood and mislynched as town, which is a shame, because she can really outplay the field when she's firing on all cylinders (see: Phenon). Sometimes she can become boxed in by uncertainty, talking herself in and out of thoughts about someone, and a lack of assertive reads, but I think these can all be incredible strengths and often are. nutella is always very quick to recognize when she might be tunneling or have an unreasonable expectation of someone's behavior, and I think that's an incredibly strong trait, especially when she's town. When she's mafia I think she displays a bit more confidence and tunneling, and I think people are too willing to trust her when she's bad and the reverse when she's not for some reason, so watch out.

sprityo - Like Dizzy, I don't have quite the extensive meta history with sprityo as I do the other Syndicate players on this list (whom I've played and witnessed many games from), but don't get me wrong; he can be a very formidable asset in this community just like Dizzy. Unfortunately I would say sprityo has a tendency to get lynched early in games in general, which is a shame, because as the game continues I feel he develops a better footing and gradually becomes more talkative and analytical, whereas early on in games he can be more quiet and tone-based. I would say he is a unique strength in an ability to wrap his head around very complex role madness setups. Hell, just look no further than the clusterfuck (Phenon) he just hosted if you don't believe me.

S~V~S - An incredible adversary, S~V~S and I almost never see eye to eye. :p But that's just because she approaches this game in a very different way than I do, and that's probably a good thing since I'm not very good. She's a brute force of insightful tone-based assessments, able to draw insight from even the simplest tone tick that ends up being accurate a stunning amount of the time. As town I'd say she tends to be a bit more emotionally tumultuous in her tone, and like LC, less careful and mechanical. She is also assertive and prone to tunneling across both alignments, but perhaps a bit more assertive and tunnely as town than when mafia. Don't let that persuade you from taking her seriously though; usually there's a good reason she won't let something go as town, and she is very good at conversing with other players, especially those she town reads, and taking what they have to say into consideration. But watch out, she'll pull the wool over everyone's eyes as mafia; she's a serious FEB.

thellama73 - Supatown. Very assertive with his reads, very tone-based and meta-based, especially early on in games, then later can drift more towards vote analysis. Loves reaction baiting and gambits. Doesn't post with as much frequency as he did when he first started playing mafia, but he contributes plenty with each post, even if many times it's with reaction baiting. As I mentioned earlier, I would say he is a bit more carefree and willing to throw out crazy statements when town, but he's capable of anything when bad, so don't put anything past him. Historically he also loves to distance from and bus his teammates, so never exclude him from suspicion even if he has a stellar voting record. An incredibly cunning baddie.
HCR folks:
Adam - Inquisitive, I like it. Seems reasonable, down-to-earth, insightful while avoiding verbose posts.

CaptainNifty - I like that he threw out a read with his first post even if he was late to the party. That shows initiative. Very clear with his thoughts and reads.

colonialbob - Talkative, seems we may be likely to see eye to eye and/or mindmeld due to similar perspectives so far. I like that he seems to be actively solving the game to the best of his ability.

Fredwood - I subbed into Phenon, but was able to play with Fred a bit there. He seemed a bit shy, but was nonetheless a very adept and capable player. Not sure yet how I feel about him this game, looking through his 6 posts leaves with me little to assess.

gfishfunk - Bold, aggressive. I think we got off on the wrong foot, and I'm still not entirely sure what to make of him, but I love the effort that he's putting forth.

Immortal_Raven - Hard to tell so far with only 3 posts with almost no game-related content; I look forward to hearing more. :)

Jackofhearts - I'm most familiar with JOH, but somehow I don't think we've played together for that many game cycles even across a few games now. Very good at game solving, talkative, willing to question anyone about anything.

Silver Lantern - I didn't really get to interact with SL in the Phenon game; I think he was dead when I replaced in. I haven't gotten a handle on him here yet either, but he seems reasonable, inquisitive, and nice. I like his activity.

TonyStarkPrime - Pretty much no content here. Come on and post more, TSP, so I can get to know you and play with you!
I'm really looking forward to playing with all of you HCR folks and being able to write a much better meta list next time around, even if I won't actually do it. ;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

gfishfunk wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, guess I'll make this meta list thing now I suppose. Grumble grumble. :p

I'll do that next. I need to get some actual work done while at work for now, though. I'll still have it done very soon.
Looking forward to it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

colonialbob wrote:
colonialbob wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Bob, since you're here, let's talk. What are your current reads and why? Literally any reads you have, even if very slight.
Sighhhhh had a whole post of reads get eaten. Will come back to this, promise. Sorry, playing on mobile st work sucks sometimes. :fist:
Ok, Reads as of this post, minus the gfish/MP back and forth:

Like Wilgy. Asking questions, probing, examining people's posts.

Like MP for similar reasons. Also the "joke" votes help; they may not indicate anything, but if they do it's likely that MP is town that mafia wants to meta-lynch early to get out of the way.

Didn't like Dizzy's early posting (jokes, not reading), but since then it's been much townier.

Don't like llama much, posting or voting. Folks have kinda meta-cleared him, but the nice thing about being unfamiliar with so many people is the ability to ignore all that and make reads organically.

Jack's wall o' meta is fairly typical, but I read him as slightly scummy. Feel like he's trying to steer too much in a game where there are plenty of other good players.

Gfish seems typical, which means I doubt I'll get much of a scum/town lean from him early. Don't understand his read on MP though.

That's who stands out so far. Now to catch up and see if anything changes.
Re: the orange, did you not read the back and forth or did you read it and not find any value in it with regards to developing reads?

Can you elaborate on your Jack read just a bit? In what post(s) do you feel he's trying to steer with nefarious intentions?

What don't you like about Llama specifically and why?
Adam

Post by Adam »

CaptainNifty wrote: Remember, until recently I hadn't played mafia in close to six months. The last two games I've played with adam, he has died due to lack of substantive participation. I think lurker was the wrong word. It got stuck in my head from reading your list. Maybe lately he has just been half-present so to speak. Maybe he's just off his game.
I'll grant you Hybridity, what's the other one? Are you thinking of Animation where I'm still alive and you've missed the past couple of day phases?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

CaptainNifty wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
CaptainNifty wrote: Right now I don't like llama's posting. I'm going to trust that he's just a bit of a grinner (HCR knows what I mean), but I the bouncing around kinda thing makes him look guilty in my book.
How? Walk me through that logic.
The logic works like this: If all you do is bounce from topic to topic with silliness, that could be scum feigning participation. It can muddy the waters and obscure good info gathering. It's a common scum tactic to simply sew confusion among the town. It's not a play I like. It messes with my gut, and my gut is pretty good.
That's an understandable perspective, but I'd assert that players can be more likely to play fast and loose as town as well, because they have no appearances to maintain. I'd say it can go both ways depending on the circumstance and the player in question.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Where is Epi?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Wow, MP's meta read of me is super flattering. Thanks MP! I hope I don't let you down by getting lynched by misguided people on day one.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JOH, thanks for the various responses. I suppose I've underestimated the value of the meta assessment. I just can be a stickler when it comes to spurring in-thread activity, and I was concerned that we'd spend too much time not discussing our own and each other's reads. Perhaps my fear was misguided.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Do I cozy as mafia? *Eyebrow*
Yes
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

thellama73 wrote:Wow, MP's meta read of me is super flattering. Thanks MP! I hope I don't let you down by getting lynched by misguided people on day one.
And for the record "misguided" was the result of extensive self-censorship, so don't say I don't work hard to be civil to you people.

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

gfishfunk - then again, its my list.

colonialbob - throwing out a lot of reads and observations. Thats good.

Adam
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
nutella
sprityo
S~V~S
TonyStarkPrime

MovingPictures07 - slight scum read, possibly different approach; misrepresented my shifting read of him (Posted 0 times between shifting --> Posted 20 times between shifting). Feels like was caught and tried to roll it back.
Long Con - dislike his/her list generated as content-less, though possible that there are no reads. I would prefer a refusal to participate than the appearance of participation without content.

Immortal_Raven - far too quiet
thellama73 - posting frequently but not generating content. MP said this was typical, but there is presently plenty to comment on.

Red would go here.

-----

- People that I moved around this list multiple times -
CaptainNifty - I dislike how my Meta-List influenced his
Jackofhearts2005 - Appears to be attempting to make content, which is good, but appears to be trying to cozy with multiple people
Silver Lantern - far too quiet, but posting right now as I preview my post
There is what I have so far. I have a lot of unclassified people and I need to re-read in order to generate more leads. I am a little surprised that I have more suspicion than I have town reads. I have a little downtime right now, so I might revise this massively.

MP and I had a bit of tunnelvision with each other, but I tend to hone in rather than dabble around (focus on one person).

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

What's a FEB?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
Serious reads? Okay.

I distrust Bob and Long Con.

I like Dyslexicon, and would be surprised if he/she/it is mafia.

You seem a little testy, which is a good look for you, usually.
Can you elaborate at all on the Bob, LC, and Dom reads? I need to understand your thought processes there, especially with Dom, because he's only been around in a very limited fashion and I currently have my vote on him.
Adam

Post by Adam »

thellama73 wrote:
Based on what?
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

thellama73 wrote:Also the people who want to lynch me for acting how I always act need to reevaluate their life choices.
I'm pulling my vote thanks to your reads.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:What's a FEB?
Fucking Evil Bastard, a term for an incredibly effective and cunning mafia-aligned player.

It's this emoticon right here: :feb:
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

I moved my vote off Long Con to chew on priorities.

I sort of want to hear more from quiet players or players that have posted nothing of substance.

Re: JoH "FEB" stands for February.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Wow, MP's meta read of me is super flattering. Thanks MP! I hope I don't let you down by getting lynched by misguided people on day one.
:beer:
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

gfishfunk wrote:
gfishfunk - then again, its my list.

colonialbob - throwing out a lot of reads and observations. Thats good.

Adam
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
nutella
sprityo
S~V~S
TonyStarkPrime

MovingPictures07 - slight scum read, possibly different approach; misrepresented my shifting read of him (Posted 0 times between shifting --> Posted 20 times between shifting). Feels like was caught and tried to roll it back.
Long Con - dislike his/her list generated as content-less, though possible that there are no reads. I would prefer a refusal to participate than the appearance of participation without content.

Immortal_Raven - far too quiet
thellama73 - posting frequently but not generating content. MP said this was typical, but there is presently plenty to comment on.

Red would go here.

-----

- People that I moved around this list multiple times -
CaptainNifty - I dislike how my Meta-List influenced his
Jackofhearts2005 - Appears to be attempting to make content, which is good, but appears to be trying to cozy with multiple people
Silver Lantern - far too quiet, but posting right now as I preview my post
There is what I have so far. I have a lot of unclassified people and I need to re-read in order to generate more leads. I am a little surprised that I have more suspicion than I have town reads. I have a little downtime right now, so I might revise this massively.

MP and I had a bit of tunnelvision with each other, but I tend to hone in rather than dabble around (focus on one person).
I actually find your suspicion of me to make you read more townish. You seem to be much more intense this game than usual - it works for you.

I think you are reading too much into my re-use of the word lurk. You should know I started that list probably 30 minutes before I finished it, and who knows what I read and had happened between the time I started and the time I finished. I get your concern, but I stand by the fact the fact that adam hasn't been as present the last few games I've played with him.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Here is an idea. (I post them as I think of them)

Post ONE player you think is likely town. Very simple. If you say yourself, I vote for you.

mine: colonialbob.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

gfishfunk wrote:I moved my vote off Long Con to chew on priorities.

I sort of want to hear more from quiet players or players that have posted nothing of substance.

Thanks for almost making me pee on myself while standing at the urinal and laughing.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Adam wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Do I cozy as mafia? *Eyebrow*
Yes

:doh:

@GFish

Multiple people? Who am I cozying towards?

@Adam

When GFish answers this, I would like to hear your take.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:I moved my vote off Long Con to chew on priorities.

Thanks for almost making me pee on myself while standing at the urinal and laughing.
Are you drunk again?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

gfishfunk wrote:Here is an idea. (I post them as I think of them)

Post ONE player you think is likely town. Very simple. If you say yourself, I vote for you.

mine: colonialbob.
DrWilgy.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Updated rainbow based on thoughts in my HCR meta spoiler stuff as well as liking the increased recent contributions from Adam. Basically, bumping up Adam and CaptainNifty from null to slight town, otherwise the same as Rainbow #2:
MP Rainbow #3
colonialbob
DrWilgy
S~V~S

Adam
CaptainNifty
gfishfunk
thellama73

Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
nutella
Silver Lantern
sprityo
TonyStarkPrime

Dom
I'm finding it difficult to sort through much else at the moment though. And unfortunately I have to leave for a while; I have PhD work to do and errands to run. While I'm out running errands though I'll try to pop in and out of here.

I'll probably be back for a solid hour or more before EoD, but no promises.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Can you elaborate at all on the Bob, LC, and Dom reads? I need to understand your thought processes there, especially with Dom, because he's only been around in a very limited fashion and I currently have my vote on him.
Happy to!

Dom first. I love this post by him. I can't see mafia Dom making this post, calling out useless information.
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Hey there everyone. Does this game involve all the ME games or only the latest one?
Why, is your role from the latest one?

How familiar are you with the games? I am 100% unfamiliar. :ponder:
I have no idea if my role is from the latest one or not. I am also 100% unfamiliar. Well 95%, cause I know it has something to do with space, and the main person is called Shepard.
And you do know there are multiple games, and know enough about it to ask this question.

Not sure why this would be suspicious, but it does get my attention. Only thing so far, really.

MP, have you played at the HRC forum?
why is this attention worthy? do you play mass effect?

Bob: I was suspicious of his efforts to please the native folk here, and I didn't like how he responded to my vote for him. "I'm glad people are voting even if it's for me!" To me, thta sounded forced-casual.

Long Con: I think his asking me questions he already knows the answers to, especially given how many games we have played together, seems out of character, and is not something I associate with civ Long Con.

Also, fishface is being disingenuous. He says I am not adding any content, which is blatantly fake news. I am giving reads all over the place.

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”