Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by gfishfunk »

thellama73 wrote:Also, fishface is being disingenuous. He says I am not adding any content, which is blatantly fake news. I am giving reads all over the place.
I actually agree with you (except the disingenuous part): I wasn't paying attention to it earlier and I am only seeing it now on a re-read.

I'm updating you to a slight green.
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Long Con wrote:Anyway, as I said, voting Silver Lantern. I didn't particularly like his response to my comments on the S~V~S thing.

I also am suspicious of Dizzy and Llama, for their "kill MP day 1" "jokes". Just reminds me too much of Macdougall in the Champs game, and the "joke" that fully meta-caught him.
Hey, LC, a few questions for you:

1) I just finished catching up, but admittedly it was a quick catchup, and I apologize but I must have missed your discussion of Silver Lantern's post in question here. Can you elaborate on this or point me towards your original post and sell me on this?

2) Do you have any town reads; if so, who are they and why?

3) Do you think Dizzy and Llama have more incentive to make those joke posts as mafia than town?
1. This would be the reaction that tickled my suspiciometer. Defensive, with a thin slice of OMGUS at the end.

2. I don't think so. I think I'm more likely to assign town reads with more meat in the game - my initial stance is a slight suspicion of everyone. Everyone wants to looks town, I'm not going to believe it from a day of participation (or lack thereof).

3. I don't know about incentive, I'm just saying that the joke-style rings a bell, and it was a baddie tell from Macdougall. Of course they have different metas, but it could still be a baddie tell for them. Like when I suspected Quin for using the same excuse as I did before - he called an earlier vote a "pressure vote" as explanation, as I had done (as a baddie) in the game before. Quin was also bad. Different meta, same tell.
Noted, thanks. That all appears sensible.

Not sure how to read you or SL still though. I'm not convinced that SL's response is more characteristic of defensive baddie than defensive townie. Help me out.
You just gave me a flashback to Phenon Day 1. Was it Silver Lantern who they said was characteristically defensive?
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:Anyway, as I said, voting Silver Lantern. I didn't particularly like his response to my comments on the S~V~S thing.

I also am suspicious of Dizzy and Llama, for their "kill MP day 1" "jokes". Just reminds me too much of Macdougall in the Champs game, and the "joke" that fully meta-caught him.
You've already played a game with me, so either you didn't read anything I posted that game, or you're willfully ignoring my propensity and reputation for volatility. Either way, that's scummy behavior IMO.
Actually, neither, but I did remember in the meantime. You're that defensive guy!

And sorry if I fubar'ed your S~V~S interrogation. Not the first time, and won't be the last, that I insert myself into such a conversation.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Last minute caveat: I do need to re-assess gfish. Part of me still really feels his suspicion of me is forced, especially because baddies have more to fear by being inconsistent and reassessing than townies do. Otherwise I like his effort and content generally enough. I stepped back from my previous suspicion completely because I was basing it partly off of a completely wrong assertion as well as I felt we were playstyle clashing. I'm not sure I'd consider lynching him at all, but I want to make clear that I'm having trouble sorting him.

BBL, I'll be on phone for the next few hours
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

gfishfunk wrote:Here is an idea. (I post them as I think of them)

Post ONE player you think is likely town. Very simple. If you say yourself, I vote for you.

mine: colonialbob.
MovingPictures07

He's playing like he plays his recent town game(s) I have been in. Last couple of Mafia roles, MP?
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Silver Lantern »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:

You've already played a game with me, so either you didn't read anything I posted that game, or you're willfully ignoring my propensity and reputation for volatility. Either way, that's scummy behavior IMO.
Yeah but you're not doing much, which is scummy.

Something something. Broken clocks.
I am actually reading these meta lists, which is way more than I usually do... :rolleyes:

I would like to see some of the Non HCR people should do some lists on the non HCR players to give the HCR players some idea on general player play styles.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Here is a cozying post in my opinion, and I dissect.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Fuuuuuuuu my post! Let's see if I can remember everything.

Fluffy stuff:
@GFish
Bob is better than you? No comment. ;)

@Dizzy
I like you but you ain't the last unicorn.

@MP
You could have lost us the Phenom game by not trying. Instead, you put forth a heroic effort (considering how late you replaced in) and helped get the town a win. I call that super clutch.

@LC
Love the poem.
I read this as cozying. I think mafia-JoH posts like this, not town JoH. On the other hand you are also acting a little ambassador-ish. All the nice stuff was to syndicate.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Non fluff:
I dislike Nifty's vote on Llama, especially achknowedging that it could be natural non alignment indicative suspicious posting. I agree with most of his meta and reasoning, though. Needs an asterisk next to his gut evaluation. *Does not apply to Jack

@Dizzy
But seriously, why MP?

Town reading MP. Won't vote for him today.

@MP

Two reasons for my big meta post. Firstly, to reduce culture clash. Secondly, to get people talking, specifically about each other. We sleep through day one too often on the Realms. Sometimes, asking for reads can be like pulling teeth. Talking about meta is my way to cut through that early on when there's nothing much in game to talk about yet.
Even criticizing Nifty, you are agreeing with him.

Cozying to MP. Town JoH is super suspicious and talks in far, far more double-speak. Then again, it could be ambassador-ish and promoting inter-community gaming. (See, like that with the double speak).
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@GFish

Do I cozy as mafia? *Eyebrow*
Silver sure as hell does but I don't think that's my MO.

Strongly leaning towards voting GFish right now.
That sounds more like vindictiveness than actual gut read. :fist:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Dizzy/GFish not w/w. Llama/GFish not w/w. Llama/Nifty not w/w.
I have no clue what this means. W/D usually means washer and dryer. I haven't had much interaction with either Dizzy or Llama.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Town reading LC. I'm sure I'll scum read him on day three and then on day five, I'll tell you his real alignment if we're both alive. Disagree with him on Silver. Null read Silver.

Post MP walking back from GFish, I town read him less.
I tend to read walking back as townish unless there is a 'caught' feeling about it. Changing mind while nothing is at stake is a town move. Scum tends to double-down.

Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Silver Lantern »

Long Con wrote: Actually, neither, but I did remember in the meantime. You're that defensive guy!

And sorry if I fubar'ed your S~V~S interrogation. Not the first time, and won't be the last, that I insert myself into such a conversation.
Meh, like I said, her response was rather satisfying, so I'm sure there was nothing there anyway.

As for Gfish's inquiry, take it as a cop out if you want, but I get a pretty town vibe from you based on promoting discussion.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Last minute caveat: I do need to re-assess gfish. Part of me still really feels his suspicion of me is forced, especially because baddies have more to fear by being inconsistent and reassessing than townies do. Otherwise I like his effort and content generally enough. I stepped back from my previous suspicion completely because I was basing it partly off of a completely wrong assertion as well as I felt we were playstyle clashing. I'm not sure I'd consider lynching him at all, but I want to make clear that I'm having trouble sorting him.

BBL, I'll be on phone for the next few hours
Best compliment I've had! Not what I'm going for in this game, though. :fist:

I guess I just default to skating the line. Too town-y and you get killed quick. Too scummy and you get lynched or viged.

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Post ONE player you think is likely town. Very simple. If you say yourself, I vote for you.

Choices for Most Town Read:

Silver Lantern chose gfishfunk
Long Con chose MovingPictures07
MovingPictures07 chose DrWilgy
gfishfunk chose colonialbob

People who have yet to respond:
Adam
CaptainNifty
colonialbob
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
nutella
sprityo
S~V~S
thellama73
TonyStarkPrime

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Fuuuuu!

Syndicate saves full editor posts but not quick reply ones if the mobile page reloads.

I keep losing content.

I had a cheeky rainbow and everything. :(
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

DrWilgy wrote:
nutella wrote:I'd like for the players that have claimed they see someone as civvy to answer this - Would you feel bad if they died tonight?

I'm going to go to sleep now and dream, and when I wake up, everything's gonna be fine. I'll wake up in a better place, in a better time.
Re-reading. This stuck out to me.

What is the town answer? Is anything but 'yes' helpful townish? I don't like this post.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Long Con - Crafty, cunning, and one of the most convincing liars you'll ever meet (when he's bad, but occasionally when he's town as well). He can be prone to make observations that come from a unique mindset as well which can get him into similar situations as Dom; it can present him with unwarranted suspicion but also with an intriguing and valuable perspective into other players' behavior. His game is an incredibly mechanical game of deception when he's mafia; I'd say less careful and more 'heart on the sleeve's when he's town. Across both alignments I'd say he may be more apt to put stock into meta assessments than the average Syndicateer, and that he's better at using meta to his advantage when developing reads than most.

I am way more of a total buffoon than this man's post would have you believe.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

gfishfunk wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
nutella wrote:I'd like for the players that have claimed they see someone as civvy to answer this - Would you feel bad if they died tonight?

I'm going to go to sleep now and dream, and when I wake up, everything's gonna be fine. I'll wake up in a better place, in a better time.

What is the town answer? Is anything but 'yes' helpful townish? I don't like this post.
I think he might be implying that we should lay off the town reads, lest we put targets on their heads. :shrug: I would hope that I didn't put a target on MP's head by naming him, but I think it would be in poor taste to kill him night 1 anyway, because he was just killed night 1 in the just-ended Currents Mafia.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 27

Post by thellama73 »

Mine: Don't tell me what to do.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 0)

Post by gfishfunk »

S~V~S wrote:I just thought it was a bit of a dichotomy. First you make a post implying knowledge then you deny that you have any knowledge.

It might not be alignment indicative, but it did catch my eye. It caught my eye specifically because I really do know nothing, and your post about which game the roles are from made me nervous I had gotten in over my head. It made you look like someone who knew the subject. So your "I know nothing" post surprised me.
Good post. S-V-S goes onto my light green list but maybe its because we think the same. Off-topic content can be viewed as posturing, and stating lack of knowledge, presence of knowledge would also bother me. I just missed this exchange.

Still re-reading the distant past...

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

gfishfunk wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Bob is by my estimation the best HCRealms player who isn't me. He's great at strategic analysis. I totally expected his first posts to be clarifying rules/tricky roles and especially meta/Syndicate strategy. That is outside his alignment and is step one to playing this game from his (and my) standpoint. You have to understand the whole picture before you can play well. In no universe does Bob ignore this and in no universe is he scared to engage the Syndicate players in this type of discussion.

The only thing that Bob has done that is potentially alignment indicative is voting for Dizzy. Bob, can you explain your vote?
I don't like this post, which looks like cozying up to Bob.

Also, he didn't compliment me.

Also, I'm not as good as bob either.
JackofHearts, looks like adam already answered your question.

I'm loving the view all posts in thread option.

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Silver Lantern - gfishfunk
Long Con - MovingPictures07
MovingPictures07 - DrWilgy
gfishfunk - colonialbob
thellama73 - Don't tell me what to do

Adam
CaptainNifty
colonialbob
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
nutella
sprityo
S~V~S
TonyStarkPrime

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Dyslexicon wrote:<SNIP>

There is a surprising lack of postage, and even more so, votage! And voltage for that matter.

People that has posted and I remember stuff from that gives me any type of feeling is Bob, Jack, Nut, LC and MP.
MP's clearing of Bob is a bit huh. I agree with Nut on that.
I don't feel any particular reason to trust either Bob or MP.
Jack has been helpful, but probably not alignment indicative. GTH town.
Nut and LC I both soul read as town.
I can give reasoning for the Nut read, and it's basically her having a gut read on me as town. Sure, scum can buddy and yadda yadda, but I don't see a reason for her to do this as scum. She just played a game with me when she town read me and I was scum. She could just not comment on it and justify that. So I think the feeling is real.
LC is a tone read.

There are SO many players I don't remember and probably a lot that haven't posted either?

Also, shouldn't MP have had like 50 posts by now?

Would literally lynch anyone but Nut, LC, Jack and Llama right now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Good post. Slight green. I should update my rainbow.

colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

thellama73 wrote:Also the people who want to lynch me for acting how I always act need to reevaluate their life choices.
I have no idea how you always act, so... meh. This argument does precisely squat for me.

Pretty sure we're just gonna clash styles. Which is fine, if not ideal. *shrug*
CaptainNifty
Posts in topic: 86

Post by CaptainNifty »

I feel good about MovingPictures
Adam
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Adam »

gfishfunk wrote: *Snip*
I read this as cozying. I think mafia-JoH posts like this, not town JoH. On the other hand you are also acting a little ambassador-ish. All the nice stuff was to syndicate.
*Snip*
ambassador-ish and promoting inter-community gaming. (See, like that with the double speak).
I actually almost wrote "ambassadory" on my reads list on Jack.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

gfishfunk wrote:Here is a cozying post in my opinion, and I dissect.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Fuuuuuuuu my post! Let's see if I can remember everything.

Fluffy stuff:
@GFish
Bob is better than you? No comment. ;)

@Dizzy
I like you but you ain't the last unicorn.

@MP
You could have lost us the Phenom game by not trying. Instead, you put forth a heroic effort (considering how late you replaced in) and helped get the town a win. I call that super clutch.

@LC
Love the poem.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Non fluff:
I dislike Nifty's vote on Llama, especially achknowedging that it could be natural non alignment indicative suspicious posting. I agree with most of his meta and reasoning, though. Needs an asterisk next to his gut evaluation. *Does not apply to Jack

@Dizzy
But seriously, why MP?

Town reading MP. Won't vote for him today.

@MP

Two reasons for my big meta post. Firstly, to reduce culture clash. Secondly, to get people talking, specifically about each other. We sleep through day one too often on the Realms. Sometimes, asking for reads can be like pulling teeth. Talking about meta is my way to cut through that early on when there's nothing much in game to talk about yet.
Even criticizing Nifty, you are agreeing with him.

Cozying to MP. Town JoH is super suspicious and talks in far, far more double-speak. Then again, it could be ambassador-ish and promoting inter-community gaming. (See, like that with the double speak).
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@GFish

Do I cozy as mafia? *Eyebrow*
Silver sure as hell does but I don't think that's my MO.

Strongly leaning towards voting GFish right now.
That sounds more like vindictiveness than actual gut read. :fist:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Dizzy/GFish not w/w. Llama/GFish not w/w. Llama/Nifty not w/w.
I have no clue what this means. W/D usually means washer and dryer. I haven't had much interaction with either Dizzy or Llama.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Town reading LC. I'm sure I'll scum read him on day three and then on day five, I'll tell you his real alignment if we're both alive. Disagree with him on Silver. Null read Silver.

Post MP walking back from GFish, I town read him less.
I tend to read walking back as townish unless there is a 'caught' feeling about it. Changing mind while nothing is at stake is a town move. Scum tends to double-down.
I'll have you know I actually am an official Syndicate/other communities and also new mods ambassador, hence my redness.

You may not have noticed (this is what? Your second game in six months?), but I've recently switched up my style a bit to look for townies as much as I look for scum. How nice is it when you're down to 7 other players and you know 2 are town for leading lynches, 1 is town for claiming the main character and 1 is town for claiming vigilante who is obviously the vigilante in the writeup? Your suspect list is down to 3 players. Now, why wait until late game for that? Way better to work this way than just lynching Grinner/Link/Destructo/Llama/Syo/Wigly for weird posting. Plus, taking stances let's people agree or disagree.

Re:Nifty
I'm allowed to agree with some things that people I'm suspicious of say, am I not?

Re: Vindictive
I could see how you could think that. Unless you and Adam are scumbuddies, I'm gonna walk back from that bit of my read on you, considering you both think that's a legit scum tell and you aren't just trying to frame me with bs (unless you are). It's not the only reason I think you look bad, though. Gut has little to do with it.

Re: W/W
Means w/w. Scumbuddies. I don't think you are on a team with Llama or Dizzy. I don't think Llama and Nifty are together.

Re: Walking back
It depends. Wolf 1 can go after Wolf 2, then "change their mind" and make it look like they aren't on a team when they never really had intention to lynch their buddy. It's actually not that bad of a look for MP. After all, I asked him to reevaluate and that's where his read started to turn around. Part of his scum read on you was based on faulty meta, imo. My comment on it making him look less town stems from the idea he could have been distancing.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

[quote="gfishfunk"]
gfishfunk - then again, its my list.

colonialbob - throwing out a lot of reads and observations. Thats good.
thellama73
Dyslexicon
S~V~S

Adam - little content but some participation. I read this as semi-townish
Dom
Silver Lantern - far too quiet, but posting right now as I preview my post I really missed a whole lot of posts early. Silver Lantern is talkative enough this game for a neutral read.
MovingPictures07 - Different approach to the game than me but willing to self-justify and change views. A re-read makes me more comfortable with MP, and I'm willing to table differences for now.
Long Con - I am not getting much of a read either way. At first it was scummy now its open.

I'm not sure why these are gold and not yellow:
DrWilgy - Participation feels a bit empty to me
Jackofhearts2005 - Appears to be attempting to make content, which is good, but appears to be trying to cozy with multiple people of possibly being an ambassador of sorts
CaptainNifty - I dislike how my Meta-List influenced his

Immortal_Raven - far too quiet

-----

- People that should talk more:
Epignosis
Fredwood
nutella
sprityo
TonyStarkPrime

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

gfishfunk wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
gfishfunk - then again, its my list.

colonialbob - throwing out a lot of reads and observations. Thats good.
thellama73
Dyslexicon
S~V~S

Adam - little content but some participation. I read this as semi-townish
Dom
Silver Lantern - far too quiet, but posting right now as I preview my post I really missed a whole lot of posts early. Silver Lantern is talkative enough this game for a neutral read.
MovingPictures07 - Different approach to the game than me but willing to self-justify and change views. A re-read makes me more comfortable with MP, and I'm willing to table differences for now.
Long Con - I am not getting much of a read either way. At first it was scummy now its open.

I'm not sure why these are gold and not yellow:
DrWilgy - Participation feels a bit empty to me
Jackofhearts2005 - Appears to be attempting to make content, which is good, but appears to be trying to cozy with multiple people of possibly being an ambassador of sorts
CaptainNifty - I dislike how my Meta-List influenced his

Immortal_Raven - far too quiet

-----

- People that should talk more:
Epignosis
Fredwood
nutella
sprityo
TonyStarkPrime
Ack, I didn't post any text outside of it. This is my updated reads. I've changed my mind on due to some re-reads.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

gfishfunk wrote:

gfishfunk - colonialbob

Adam
CaptainNifty
colonialbob
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
Immortal_Raven
Jackofhearts2005
nutella
sprityo
S~V~S
TonyStarkPrime
:ponder:

I guess I trust MP most.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Adam wrote:I actually almost wrote "ambassadory" on my reads list on Jack.
Heh. I'll mark that in JoH's favor.

Who is here from the realms with a different name?

Adam

Post by Adam »

gfishfunk wrote:
Adam wrote:I actually almost wrote "ambassadory" on my reads list on Jack.
Heh. I'll mark that in JoH's favor.

Who is here from the realms with a different name?
Just me, I think. And I wouldn't call it different, just abbreviated.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Updated

gfishfunk - colonialbob
CaptainNifty - MovingPictures07
Jackofhearts2005 - MovingPictures07

Adam
colonialbob
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
Immortal_Raven
nutella
sprityo
S~V~S
TonyStarkPrime[/quote]

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Where is Epi?
Reading your latest fucking novel, Mr. King.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Adam

Post by Adam »

gfishfunk wrote:Updated

gfishfunk - colonialbob

Adam
colonialbob
Dom
DrWilgy
Dyslexicon
Epignosis
Fredwood
Immortal_Raven
nutella
sprityo
S~V~S
TonyStarkPrime
[/quote]

Do you really need to post updates with this frequency? It's like spam.

colonialbob is my choice.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

colonialbob wrote:Like you said, I did let votes fly. But I figured I'd ask about typical behavior here, since I've seen several examples of people getting meta-lynched for behavior that's not universally scummy, but for whatever reason is on that site, and I'd prefer avoiding that for myself. That's true no matter my alignment.

Plurality voting is "person with the most votes at end of day is lynched", either with or without a no-vote option. On the Realms we've typically played with majority voting, where somebody is lynched as soon as they get half+1 votes (ignoring shenanigans) and otherwise there's no lynch. It's a surprisingly different style. I prefer plurality, because IMO it makes voting patterns more meaningful.
That is fair. Would you consider yourself a careful player? Funnily enough, the first(ish) game I played here (Phenon) I did something pretty off brand to the site and was a huge controversy because of it. I liked how it ended up though. :p

Ah, I see. I've played with both, and I think plurality is easier.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey Dizzy, way to puke some reads out. What does "soul read" mean, like a tone-based read? If so, can you point me to a particular post or posts by nutella and LC that inspired your perspective?
Hey. I guess it's like gut read, but mixed with previous experience. So you can't soul read a person you haven't played with before. It's a thing on PerC. :p I did point to the particular post of nutella though, pretty much the same as you said, though it was me-centered. I have the idea of being able to read LC on tone, and I don't really want to talk about how/why. Plus, I have questions to him now anyway. It's not a very strong read.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:No, wait, I'm voting MP cause it's always a good idea to kill him. \o/
This is becoming our thing now isn't it.
This will always be our thing. <3

Nutella

---

- I'm liking MP's contribution in the game. Not especially sold on him alignment wise, but sure he could be town.

- I like that Nifty is speaking highly of his own gut. It reads wanting to take responsibility or at least not give excuses.

- Some of the meta lists are interesting. I'm probably one of the players that knows fewer people here. Some of the lists didn't say much though, but I'm prone to writing too many words to so whatevz.
These are the players I've played with: Wilgy, Epi, Fred, Jack, LC, MP, Nut and Silver.

- Reading MP's meta of Llama, I feel like I can get that playstyle, and can be pretty much like that myself. That said it's probably not impossible for Llama to be any alignment here.

@Jack - You still didn't tell me who ABF is. =/ I also wonder what stock you put into the anti-alignments as this is a multifaction game?

@LC - I find your reason for suspecting me weird. Why do you base it on someone else's meta when you've just played two games with me, one where I was town and one where I was scum?

@MP - Did you ever expand on your Wilgy read? He isn't really standing out to me, so wondering about what you're seeing there.

I'm struggling a bit with getting strong reads. The only one that I have a bad feel of is Bob. I almost feel their treatment of me was a bit too nice. Also didn't like the carefulness in the beginning. Mostly this is a gut read.

Vote Bob

Come talk to me about why I shouldn't.

Would not want to lynch Nut, LC and MP.
If I were to give passes I would include Llama, Gfish, Nifty and Jack - some more for just providing content, and this game is already pretty slow.

I feel neutral on a lot of people.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Re: the orange [gfish/MP interaction] did you not read the back and forth or did you read it and not find any value in it with regards to developing reads?

Can you elaborate on your Jack read just a bit? In what post(s) do you feel he's trying to steer with nefarious intentions?

What don't you like about Llama specifically and why?
Hadn't read it at the time of posting. Caught up and it doesn't really change my reads. Reads like a stronger version of llama/me, in which a style clash leads to reads that may or may not be accurate.

I didn't care for his MP posting, didn't like his second vote on me (second vote so early with little justification). I see jumping on an early train like that as a low-risk scum move. Throw down a vote, appear helpful, maybe get enough pressure on a townie to out them. He's made contributions since then, I suppose. Like I said, I think this might end up being a stylistic thing.

Jack feels like he's steering people's perception of unfamiliar players. By inserting himself as knowledgeable about all the players, he gets to spin their actions. It's not necessarily scummy, but it's absolutely something I'd expect him to do as scum.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Can you elaborate at all on the Bob, LC, and Dom reads? I need to understand your thought processes there, especially with Dom, because he's only been around in a very limited fashion and I currently have my vote on him.
Happy to!

Dom first. I love this post by him. I can't see mafia Dom making this post, calling out useless information.
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Hey there everyone. Does this game involve all the ME games or only the latest one?
Why, is your role from the latest one?

How familiar are you with the games? I am 100% unfamiliar. :ponder:
I have no idea if my role is from the latest one or not. I am also 100% unfamiliar. Well 95%, cause I know it has something to do with space, and the main person is called Shepard.
And you do know there are multiple games, and know enough about it to ask this question.

Not sure why this would be suspicious, but it does get my attention. Only thing so far, really.

MP, have you played at the HRC forum?
why is this attention worthy? do you play mass effect?

Bob: I was suspicious of his efforts to please the native folk here, and I didn't like how he responded to my vote for him. "I'm glad people are voting even if it's for me!" To me, thta sounded forced-casual.

Long Con: I think his asking me questions he already knows the answers to, especially given how many games we have played together, seems out of character, and is not something I associate with civ Long Con.

Also, fishface is being disingenuous. He says I am not adding any content, which is blatantly fake news. I am giving reads all over the place.
I like this post much better. Will be moving my vote once I figure out where to put it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dyslexicon wrote:@LC - I find your reason for suspecting me weird. Why do you base it on someone else's meta when you've just played two games with me, one where I was town and one where I was scum?
a) gut

b) it worked for me in the past
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long Con wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:@LC - I find your reason for suspecting me weird. Why do you base it on someone else's meta when you've just played two games with me, one where I was town and one where I was scum?
a) gut

b) it worked for me in the past
Are you saying this about reading in general, or about reading me specifically?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@Gfish and @Adam - Reasons for Bob as town? You're from the same site, correct?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Voting Jack for aforementioned reasons, plus he's responded to lots of other folks but not my posts about him. Avoiding the subject?

Dizzy, I've got to run, but I'll come back to address your post about me.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 27

Post by thellama73 »

I aim to please, Bob.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

To add to my no lynch list - I don't really trust either of Jack or Gfish, but I like that they are putting out a lot of content. This is an open invitation to convince me to vote for these people. :p
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 137

Post by DrWilgy »

No no, nopey nopey no, no no.

How does rhis catch baddies? Especially with 2 opposing mafia factions?

Gfishfunk, you are bad.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ok, I think I like Wilgy now. :beer:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Whooo way too many pages since I went to bed and slept in. I'll try to catch up as quickly as I can but I'll be at work for the last two hours of the poll so I won't be able to participate much. :sigh:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

colonialbob wrote:
colonialbob wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Bob, since you're here, let's talk. What are your current reads and why? Literally any reads you have, even if very slight.
Sighhhhh had a whole post of reads get eaten. Will come back to this, promise. Sorry, playing on mobile st work sucks sometimes. :fist:
Ok, Reads as of this post, minus the gfish/MP back and forth:

Like Wilgy. Asking questions, probing, examining people's posts.

Like MP for similar reasons. Also the "joke" votes help; they may not indicate anything, but if they do it's likely that MP is town that mafia wants to meta-lynch early to get out of the way.

Didn't like Dizzy's early posting (jokes, not reading), but since then it's been much townier.

Don't like llama much, posting or voting. Folks have kinda meta-cleared him, but the nice thing about being unfamiliar with so many people is the ability to ignore all that and make reads organically.

Jack's wall o' meta is fairly typical, but I read him as slightly scummy. Feel like he's trying to steer too much in a game where there are plenty of other good players.

Also don't like Nifty much tbh. Early follow vote without much engagement.

Gfish seems typical, which means I doubt I'll get much of a scum/town lean from him early. Don't understand his read on MP though.

That's who stands out so far. Now to catch up and see if anything changes.
Dyslexicon: I liked this post (aside from Wigly which I entirely disagree with). It just seems like such a shoot-from-the-hip type of post.

I bolded the parts I especially liked: doesn't know what to do with gfish v. MP and says so instead of jumping on one or the other for a lynch. Same thing bothered me about Nifty.

Its not a strong town read but its the strongest I have.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:Long Con: I think his asking me questions he already knows the answers to, especially given how many games we have played together, seems out of character, and is not something I associate with civ Long Con.
Oh is that right? You know what, this seems familiar somehow. I'm thinking, Blue vs Red Mafia, where you were bad and I was Civ?

You remember? Your go-to ploy to try and trip me up, make me look bad? Let me refresh your memory:
thellama73 wrote:That's sorta basic and predictable, Long Con. I expect better of you.
thellama73 wrote:I will say, I'm having trouble buying the "oh, I'm so confused" defense from LC. He's one of the most confident and capable mafia players I know. This doesn't seem like him. It seems like a ploy.
thellama73 wrote:The thing thta has me spooked about LC is his "have pity on me, I'm confused" moment. That seemed really out of character to me, as I'm used to him being confident. I have a hard time buying that it was sincere.
thellama73 wrote:I do not like this passive LC. It is unlike him. Since when does he let other people drive?
Caution: Meta At Work

Sorry, Llama. You're bad. Vote: thellama73
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Updated

gfishfunk - colonialbob
Adam - colonialbob
Dyslexicon - Nutella
DrWilgy - No no, nopey nopey no, no no (refusal to participate)

colonialbob
Dom
Epignosis
Fredwood
Immortal_Raven
nutella
sprityo
S~V~S
TonyStarkPrime

----

To respond to DrWigly - The bolded players either have a similar read to others or copied other random folks for their own reads. Late posts showing new highly town reads appear more genuine to me. Refusal to participate is neither here nor there but depends on reasoning.

To extrapolate further, I highly doubt any member of a faction is going to nominate a member of their own faction as their MOST townie read. Instead, they will likely choose a person that they genuinely believe is town. I would then disjunction possible scum connections in this manner.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:

MovingPictures07

He's playing like he plays his recent town game(s) I have been in. Last couple of Mafia roles, MP?
Hey LC!

I'm not sure what the last baddie role should I had were... there's the Champion scrimmage at least from mid last year. That might be it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Woah major typo there, sorry for phone typos lol.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

gfishfunk wrote:To extrapolate further, I highly doubt any member of a faction is going to nominate a member of their own faction as their MOST townie read. Instead, they will likely choose a person that they genuinely believe is town. I would then disjunction possible scum connections in this manner.
Effectively rendered wifom from this post? :beer:
Also, I could easily change from Nut to LC, I like his recent post on Llama, though I don't want Llama to be scum. But I think they're both town. Multifaction may make reads more unstable, but if I overthink that I'll go crazy.
'
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey LC!

I'm not sure what the last baddie role should I had were... there's the Champion scrimmage at least from mid last year. That might be it.
Wow, that long? Nice, I have updated meta on you then. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

I think he might be implying that we should lay off the town reads, lest we put targets on their heads. :shrug: I would hope that I didn't put a target on MP's head by naming him, but I think it would be in poor taste to kill him night 1 anyway, because he was just killed night 1 in the just-ended Currents Mafia.
I was also killed N1 in the burglary as well. :sigh:

Jay was on both teams, the jerk. :p

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”