Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 57

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 2)

Post by Dom »

DrWilgy wrote:Hey Dom, is Raven your teammate?

Raven mentioned you once as a civ read w/o any context nor prior interaction. I'd bet afew bucks that if he's bad, you're his teammate.
i am not bad and i don't have btsc with raven.
Fredwood wrote:
Dom wrote:
Fredwood wrote: Dom - I really have no clue. The bulldoggedness about Jack's "rainbow slip" feels silly. But unless someone can tell me otherwise, it feels like tunneling and tunneling is kind of townie no? If I'm wrong let me know and I'll change my assessment on tunneling, I never really know what to make of it, INH tunneled on Diz last game and he was a neutral.
y ignore half of case?

To clarify, I'm not ignoring half the case, the fact that the whole Rainbow thing IS half your case is confusing to me. Just doesn't make much sense as a line of questioning/pressure. Jack is clearly on my ping list.
You did entirely mischaracterize what I pushed though. :)

I'm asking Jack to play ball on the nutella/mp issue. He reverts back to the rainbow issue time and time again. I wonder why.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Dom wrote:gfish when did you change your vote?

jack-- wh ywon't you play ball with me?
Originally because I misunderstood your beef and thought you were being ridiculous.

Currently cause I'm at work and swamped. Also you quoted like five people and I'm on mobile.

We can play later, though. :grin:
wait you simply misunderstood my allegations on nutella/mp?
elaborate and explain pls
I misunderstood your "he didn't make a rainbow" bit.

I thought you meant you were just so sure I was lying that you knew I was lying about making a rainbow. I considered you unconvincable and thus not worth engaging.

Rather, you thought I was saying I used hexcode (or whatever it's called) to make a colored rainbow in the quickreply and you thought I wouldn't do that so you thought I was lying. You're right that I didn't do that. I understand why you even thought I was claiming that. But it's pretty obvious that I wasn't claiming that.

Was that not clear? :huh:
Answer the question asked not the one that you want to answer.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Fredwood wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: 2. I, before today, was confident that Nifty was town, but today his posts seem like he is fishing for an easy lynch if he can get it. I don't like that, especially considering I don't feel he has adequately clarified that suspicion well.

Vote on JOH, who I am pretty sure is scum

Says someone is scummy for trying to go after easy lynches, votes for an easy lynch.
Hypocrisy! Get him!
I don't have a problem with Nifty voting for Epi, I have a problem with Nifty trying to get others to vote for Nifty.
Isn't that the whole point of the day phase? Wilgy is trying to get people to vote for Gfish and IR, is that scummy?

Why did you vote for Jack instead of Nifty then? You laid a vote down on Jack with no explanation, but gave a reason to vote for Nifty but didn't.
Good point.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272

Post by Fredwood »

Dom wrote:

Raven mentioned you once as a civ read w/o any context nor prior interaction. I'd bet afew bucks that if he's bad, you're his teammate.
Fredwood wrote:
Dom wrote:
Fredwood wrote: Dom - I really have no clue. The bulldoggedness about Jack's "rainbow slip" feels silly. But unless someone can tell me otherwise, it feels like tunneling and tunneling is kind of townie no? If I'm wrong let me know and I'll change my assessment on tunneling, I never really know what to make of it, INH tunneled on Diz last game and he was a neutral.
y ignore half of case?

To clarify, I'm not ignoring half the case, the fact that the whole Rainbow thing IS half your case is confusing to me. Just doesn't make much sense as a line of questioning/pressure. Jack is clearly on my ping list.

I'm asking Jack to play ball on the nutella/mp issue. He reverts back to the rainbow issue time and time again. I wonder why.
Fair enough
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dom wrote:

Fredwood wrote:
Dom wrote:
y ignore half of case?

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Originally because I misunderstood your beef and thought you were being ridiculous.

Currently cause I'm at work and swamped. Also you quoted like five people and I'm on mobile.

I thought you meant you were just so sure I was lying that you knew I was lying about making a rainbow. I considered you unconvincable and thus not worth engaging.

Rather, you thought I was saying I used hexcode (or whatever it's called) to make a colored rainbow in the quickreply and you thought I wouldn't do that so you thought I was lying. You're right that I didn't do that. I understand why you even thought I was claiming that. But it's pretty obvious that I wasn't claiming that.

And I'm going right back to not engaging with you.

I answered your question. "No." You ask leading questions you know the answer to and then get pissy when I don't what...admit I'm scum? Annoying.

Catching up for everyone else.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:There being role claiming and info dumping allowed means USE that mechanic to the best of it's ability.
You mean like this?

I am not James Vega. I lied. :feb:

I am the fucking Terminator.

I am Zodac, the Cosmic Enforcer.

I am the God of Cylons.

I have no allegiance to anybody...yet.

Tuck and roll bitches? Please. I am metal. I don't tuck or roll. :slick:

I am here to judge. And dissipate.

There was no second kill Night 1. So you say. I don't agree. It's likely I was the target and dissipated it. Ironically, instead of being worshiped like the mechanical god I am, people voted for me.

I like that.

Can you imagine why?

James Vega does not exist, for he is not in the database. I falsely claimed to be him, knowing that if someone tried to kill me, that team would know I was lying about "tuck and roll."
Tuck and roll - You will be immune to all non-lethal night actions this night.
That says non-lethal. I should be dead if a team tried to take me out.

But I'm not dead.

What a shame. You know what else is a shame?

Humans.

Humans exhibit qualities of anger and revenge. It's sad really, but I am using that to my advantage: If anyone from the team that tried to kill me knew I was lying, they probably suspected I was on the other team. They may have believed I am Soverign or the Illusive Man, for instance, who survives the first kill against him.

To put it in the simplest terms:

If someone tried to kill me, that team knows I lied when I said "Tuck and roll bitches." They know my "claim" was fake. Votes against me then, are attempts to gain credibility by lynching mafia, but I'm not mafia.

Long Con's reaction to my initial Vega claim (and being nervous :rolleyes: ) makes me most suspicious of him. He didn't vote for me until after I claimed (I didn't claim ;) ). He wants to lynch me so he can get credit for lynching mafia...only I'm not mafia.

I'm machine. :dark:

Tuck and roll bitches.

My initial plan was to withhold all this until exactly one hour before the end of the Day. Instead I think it's best that I'm giving the civilians a chance to actually do something right. If you don't, oh well, but it doesn't concern me. I don't care if I get lynched, because if I do, I can be aligned with the Reapers and that fucks you out of a lynch against them, thereby improving my own chance to win. I'm telling you this now so that you, Alliance people, get your heads out of your asses and make me want to align with you. The downside is that I probably kept one of you alive last Night by absorbing the Night kill target and now I cannot repeat the procedure because I will not be targeted. Oh well. I don't like the bad logic I've seen today. Do better.

Right now my projections currently predict the civilians getting positively hosed.

You have the opportunity to change that.

The question is

C:\WILLYOU>_
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
CaptainNifty
Posts in topic: 86

Post by CaptainNifty »

I can't trust my gut on Jack. There's just too much history, and there hasn't been enough play for me to point to anything that is just glaringly wrong.

My gut says Jack is scum, but my gut always says Jack is scum. Jack also feels less scummy than usual.

My gut just can't be trusted with Jack right now.

TSP however is acting more scummy. His read of me I think is completely off base. His read of adam and gfish also seem suspect.

Moving vote to TSP
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cool stuff, Epi. Very enjoyable!
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I don't remember any of those people being in Mass Effect
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

:ponder:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Dom »

...is there precident for JAck choosing to not engage because he has no repsonse?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Dom wrote:...is there precident for JAck choosing to not engage because he has no repsonse?
I think where you're involved no precedent matters lol.

I will say you're the only player that I have seen to fluster Jack, so there's that at least.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DrWilgy wrote: Nifty, Joh, how often does Gfish default to a bus and is it ever his first option?

Something I'd like the realms players to think about. Is the lack of role claiming when asked removing usable information?

It feels that there is a reliance upon roles happening. That info isn't usable.
He's willing to bus. It's not his first option.

I think it depends on the ruleset. In this game, no, generally not.

Yes, there is reliance. It's getting better.
sprityo wrote: SVS's logic , re: the color codes, is plausible
Yuck.

Please explain "SVS" had to say about color codes and how it makes me scum. In your own words, please.

Cause the color codes thing doesn't make sense. I want you to either double down on it, revealing your scumminess or put that vote somewhere else. I'm okay with either. :beer:
sprityo wrote:@JoH asked you a question yesterday, do you mind answering it still?
I thought I already did. Sorry if I missed it.

You said GTH, if I had to save Wigly, MP or GFish, who do I save.

Wigly.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DrWilgy wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Gfish, how is Raven's answer ok?
How is it not?
See like colors-
Immortal_Raven wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:since everyone is silent but I can see Immortal_Raven thumbing through the thread, I thought I would move my vote to him for pressure.

Immortal_Raven, three questions:

1. Why do you think there was one kill last night rather than two? This wasn't answered

2. Who has been the scummiest this phase? This wasn't answered

3. Who has been the least scummiest this phase? This was answered but poorly.

Keep in mind, my vote in talk-incentive not hell-or-highwater lynch just yet.
Working on it. All of the color schemes for these boards are making my head hurt. Yes, I am recovering from surgery and not as lucid as I would like to be. 17 hours, 58 staples to close the wound. 2 titanium rods and 10 screws now permanently in my back all to remove a tumor about the size of a tube of toothpaste. But I digress.

1. I said there was one kill because one person died. That's math. I just don't see another attempt in the write-up. Given the game we both just played, that could be telling or not. Homie just reiterated what we knew.

2. I still don't like Epignosis but that's because I hate time-wasting. If you have pressure, best to claim and help the town move to a better lynch candidate. It's not as bad under plurality voting, but still. I don't know his rep nor do half the players here.
Other suspicions are DrWilgy for calling out your play early.
Between SVS and JoH, I believe at least one is scum. They're taking pot shots at one another outside of the main discussion. I wouldn't mind seeing more there.
Adam and Nifty are making me a bit suspicious for helping clarify my situation. I can't tell if it's courtesy for a fellow Realmser or a "I know he's not scum, I'll give a somewhat town read and look good." They're at the bottom of my suspicion list. We got a list instead of a straight answer here. What bothers me most is the fact that he has such a wide suspect range of 6 people. All reasons are vague and non convincing of belief. I think the only underspoken player on this list is Adam, idk how I feel about that.

3. Most town, gfish. Yes, I vomited a little bit there. It's too early for your power play if you're scum. I think you're like most Realms folks who will sell out if they're convinced they've caught scum. You'll probably get NKed soon, but a one for one trade in town and scum favors the town.
Fred and Dom are coming across as town reads as well. Fred for the claim and devil-may-care attitude. However, if I was going pure info dump, Fred trumps gfish slightly. This is based on infodumping with the exception of Dom who he doesn't say anything about. For Raven to go "I beleive this" when there are so many options to consider, means he isn't thinking about the alter possibilities. You said it yourself, there are 6 role blocking roles. Claiming one would be easy if you are 1 shot. It means there's no need to kill you too. Raven doesn't question this for a second.

Long Con is all over the place for me. Half his posts make me think town. Half make me think "Hmmm, good cover".
Is this the norm for Raven?
Yes. :sigh:

He's capable of better but was away while I was pushing Silver, Nifty and Fred to up their games.

I think Raven should get a bit of a pass on being vague for like one or two day phases while we encourage him to give more. From there, we can see if he's really trying and is being genuine or if he's trying to skate/lie.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Anyone want to buy my vote today?

First come, first served. :beer:
How much? I'll pay you a compliment for it.
I got a better offer if you're Shepherd. ;)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Silver Lantern wrote:Gotta drive home so I will catch up later tonight, I am putting down a vote on Jack cause I do not want to miss another vote, and I am almost certain he is scum based on his game play up to where I've read.
Fredwood wrote: SIlver - Still feels like he's playing a parody of himselfinstead of actually playing himself...it's a shitty reason for suspicion because it's hard to pin down why I think that, but I said it before it feels like he's relying too much on his reputation for being aggressive, and not actually being aggressive.
Exactly.

The key thing to remember about Silver is that his fits feel genuine when he's town. You Syndicate folks remember his behavior in Phenom? How everyone was so sure he was town?

Is he doing that for you now? Or does he feel like he's pretending?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm sorry, all, just got emotionally railroaded and fucked up an EoD in Lost Again. At least I'm only alive in this game now. But it won't be until sometime late tomorrow, then I'll be here.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

CaptainNifty wrote:I can't trust my gut on Jack. There's just too much history, and there hasn't been enough play for me to point to anything that is just glaringly wrong.

My gut says Jack is scum, but my gut always says Jack is scum. Jack also feels less scummy than usual.

My gut just can't be trusted with Jack right now.

TSP however is acting more scummy. His read of me I think is completely off base. His read of adam and gfish also seem suspect.

Moving vote to TSP
I don't like TSP's vote on me.

I don't like a lot of things about Silver. Would you be willing to switch to Silver Lantern.

I think Epi is good.

@SVS

Why won't you answer me? You're leading a lynch with no argument.

@Dom

I'll play if you play nice. I've explained my thoughts on Nutella several times. I'm not sure what you want.

Restate in a non leading way and leave open the possibility of me being town and I'll talk to ya.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: I think Epi is good.
I'm a toaster.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Epignosis wrote:
I'm a toaster.
But you have the potential to be good. Everyone needs toast.

You know what would be really funny if the Mafia never actually targeted you and they just happened to target the Thorian, or the other Don and that whole dramatic reveal wasn't needed. Either way, Cerberus can be real dickheads huh?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Though likely Jack just hasn't caught up to your plot twist yet.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Fredwood wrote:Though likely Jack just hasn't caught up to your plot twist yet.
I'm caught up but I admit, I kinda skimmed Epi's long thing where he explained that being immune to non lethal actions means you don't avoid kills.

What did I miss?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:
I'm a toaster.
Wait.

You're a Cylon? :eek:
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Fredwood wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: 2. I, before today, was confident that Nifty was town, but today his posts seem like he is fishing for an easy lynch if he can get it. I don't like that, especially considering I don't feel he has adequately clarified that suspicion well.

Vote on JOH, who I am pretty sure is scum

Says someone is scummy for trying to go after easy lynches, votes for an easy lynch.
Hypocrisy! Get him!
I don't have a problem with Nifty voting for Epi, I have a problem with Nifty trying to get others to vote for Nifty.
Isn't that the whole point of the day phase? Wilgy is trying to get people to vote for Gfish and IR, is that scummy?

Why did you vote for Jack instead of Nifty then? You laid a vote down on Jack with no explanation, but gave a reason to vote for Nifty but didn't.
I voted for Jack because I want him to claim, not because I necessarily want to lynch him. I didn't vote for Nifty because I don't think he needs to claim right now if he doesn't want to, I just think he has been pinging me so far today. Jack pinged me a lot yesterday by playing a rather unusual game and not acting as I would expect, but that isn't anything related to anything he said in game, especially today. The difference for me with Nifty is he, or at least my interpretation of him, seemed to want to lynch Epi just as much as everyone else did at the time, despite focusing post of his posting on him. To me, if he were town, I would call it tunneling, but when he moved his vote away it suggested to me that he had tested the waters and wanted to try moving away for a while.

I don't like his vote on me either, but I can understand it.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote:

Fredwood wrote:
Dom wrote:
y ignore half of case?

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

There are many reasons to distrust Jack, but I feel that this whole rainbow issue seems off for both of you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:There being role claiming and info dumping allowed means USE that mechanic to the best of it's ability.
You mean like this?

I am not James Vega. I lied. :feb:

I am the fucking Terminator.

I am Zodac, the Cosmic Enforcer.

I am the God of Cylons.

I have no allegiance to anybody...yet.

Tuck and roll bitches? Please. I am metal. I don't tuck or roll. :slick:

I am here to judge. And dissipate.

There was no second kill Night 1. So you say. I don't agree. It's likely I was the target and dissipated it. Ironically, instead of being worshiped like the mechanical god I am, people voted for me.

I like that.

Can you imagine why?

James Vega does not exist, for he is not in the database. I falsely claimed to be him, knowing that if someone tried to kill me, that team would know I was lying about "tuck and roll."
Tuck and roll - You will be immune to all non-lethal night actions this night.
That says non-lethal. I should be dead if a team tried to take me out.

But I'm not dead.

What a shame. You know what else is a shame?

Humans.

Humans exhibit qualities of anger and revenge. It's sad really, but I am using that to my advantage: If anyone from the team that tried to kill me knew I was lying, they probably suspected I was on the other team. They may have believed I am Soverign or the Illusive Man, for instance, who survives the first kill against him.

To put it in the simplest terms:

If someone tried to kill me, that team knows I lied when I said "Tuck and roll bitches." They know my "claim" was fake. Votes against me then, are attempts to gain credibility by lynching mafia, but I'm not mafia.

Long Con's reaction to my initial Vega claim (and being nervous :rolleyes: ) makes me most suspicious of him. He didn't vote for me until after I claimed (I didn't claim ;) ). He wants to lynch me so he can get credit for lynching mafia...only I'm not mafia.

I'm machine. :dark:

Tuck and roll bitches.

My initial plan was to withhold all this until exactly one hour before the end of the Day. Instead I think it's best that I'm giving the civilians a chance to actually do something right. If you don't, oh well, but it doesn't concern me. I don't care if I get lynched, because if I do, I can be aligned with the Reapers and that fucks you out of a lynch against them, thereby improving my own chance to win. I'm telling you this now so that you, Alliance people, get your heads out of your asses and make me want to align with you. The downside is that I probably kept one of you alive last Night by absorbing the Night kill target and now I cannot repeat the procedure because I will not be targeted. Oh well. I don't like the bad logic I've seen today. Do better.

Right now my projections currently predict the civilians getting positively hosed.

You have the opportunity to change that.

The question is

C:\WILLYOU>_
:faint:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Here's a fun fact:

S~V~S tends to say I'm good when she's bad. She won't hesitate to go after me if she's good.

That's a trend. See Lost Again 3 that just finished up.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
I'm caught up but I admit, I kinda skimmed Epi's long thing where he explained that being immune to non lethal actions means you don't avoid kills.

What did I miss?
He's claiming Geth now. Who can side with Reaper or Civ after 3rd day. He's not immune to a NK he's saying that he thinks Mafia targeted him last night and failed their night kill, because supposedly they targeted him. Then tried to push to lynch him because they thought he was the don of the other mafia and are trying to get him lynched because it will buy them cred. He's then saying the mafia knows the Vega claim is BS because Vega doesn't avoid lethal actions.

In the end, I think he's saying lynch Long Con or I'll side with the Reapers. I am just an extra fragile human after all so I probably missed something.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote: I voted for Jack because I want him to claim, not because I necessarily want to lynch him. I didn't vote for Nifty because I don't think he needs to claim right now if he doesn't want to, I just think he has been pinging me so far today. Jack pinged me a lot yesterday by playing a rather unusual game and not acting as I would expect, but that isn't anything related to anything he said in game, especially today. The difference for me with Nifty is he, or at least my interpretation of him, seemed to want to lynch Epi just as much as everyone else did at the time, despite focusing post of his posting on him. To me, if he were town, I would call it tunneling, but when he moved his vote away it suggested to me that he had tested the waters and wanted to try moving away for a while.

I don't like his vote on me either, but I can understand it.
Is that all? I'd rather not but I've narrowed myself down to what? 8 characters? (I haven't played ME2 or ME3 so I don't know how many lady good guys there are off the top of my head.) Plus, given the setup, I don't think claiming is that big of a deal.

Who are you voting for if you aren't voting for me?

Can you explain the second bit, there? What did I do that you wouldn't expect or what did I not do that you would expect?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: There are many reasons to distrust Jack, but I feel that this whole rainbow issue seems off for both of you.
How so?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

What did I miss?
He's claiming Geth now. Who can side with Reaper or Civ after 3rd day. He's not immune to a NK he's saying that he thinks Mafia targeted him last night and failed their night kill, because supposedly they targeted him. Then tried to push to lynch him because they thought he was the don of the other mafia and are trying to get him lynched because it will buy them cred. He's then saying the mafia knows the Vega claim is BS because Vega doesn't avoid lethal actions.

In the end, I think he's saying lynch Long Con or I'll side with the Reapers. I am just an extra fragile human after all so I probably missed something.
I'm not telling anybody what to do. I played my gambit, and now people can see the results. I don't think I would have gotten the mileage I got had someone not blocked me and no kill happened.

That is a perfect storm of circumstances for civilians to make a play. I want civilians to have that opportunity.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

What did I miss?

Is that accurate, Epi?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Epignosis wrote:Here's a fun fact:

S~V~S tends to say I'm good when she's bad. She won't hesitate to go after me if she's good.

Frankly I really don't see the benefit of Civ going after you right now.

If you're telling the truth, Cerberus will eventually kill you. If you're lying or don't side with the other side, Reapers will know by the end of day 3 and will eventually kill you.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 64

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Silver Lantern »

gfishfunk wrote: I second this. Silver Town has a gallon jub of gasoline. Silver Scum is reserved (for Silver).
Hey Gfish, when did YOU stop beating your wife?

My god, everyone toting this bullshit "Silver is being too passive" line is full of it. I either explode and act like a god damn powder keg or I'm not town? How am I supposed to react to that crap? I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. You guys make it seem like I have never played a game where I am passive and skate as town...
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Fredwood wrote:

If you're telling the truth, Cerberus will eventually kill you. If you're lying or don't side with the other side, Reapers will know by the end of day 3 and will eventually kill you.
No they won't. Cerberus doesn't need me dead to win. My existence doesn't count against them. I am a Turf Wars Prisoner, a glorious thing to be: If they want me out because I am too uncomfortable, they will have to waste a Night kill on me.

Ditto the Reapers.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

What did I miss?

Is that accurate, Epi?
You can read.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Silver Lantern »

S~V~S wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote:I'm going to suggest that others who have played more with him answer this, but Silver as maf tends to play things off more and be a little less direct while maintaining a general offensive persona, where town Silver can and sometimes will verbally assault you for voting for him.
I second this. Silver Town has a gallon jub of gasoline. Silver Scum is reserved (for Silver).
Where does Silver who told me my post is garbage come in on the spectrum?

He has very much felt to me like a person who wishes to squash discussion.
So because I don't entertain your bullshit argument I want to squash discussion? Do you litter every game with this load of garbage?
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Hey, I'm saying you're pretending to be angry not that you're passive. It's even more nebulous and harder to defend against, quite frankly it's a dick move.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Epignosis wrote:
Fredwood wrote:

No they won't. Cerberus doesn't need me dead to win. My existence doesn't count against them. I am a Turf Wars Prisoner, a glorious thing to be: If they want me out because I am too uncomfortable, they will have to waste a Night kill on me.

Ditto the Reapers.
You would be a hostile independent...so yeah they would need you dead to win.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

They don't have to NK you, they could just eliminate everyone and lynch you when they need to. In fact all factions can pretty much just kite you along until they need to eliminate you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol I hate your gambit, Epi.

Cause you could be a bulletproof don. You could be the Cylons and you then side with the mafia, especially if we lynch a townie or two. I'm gonna feel stupid if either of these turn out to be the case, whereas I won't feel stupid if we lynch you no matter what. But like....I believe this is a thing you would do. It's exactly the kind of outside the box "I am so much smarter than you" trickery you'd pull. And if you are the Geth, you don't know if the people going after you are Cerberus or Reapers so you're knowingly opening the possibility of weakening one of your potential sides to help the town.

Here's the thing, though. If GFish blocked you, that means you didn't dissipate squat (right? rb > defenses?), which means that the players voting for you don't think you're a vested scummer. They just think you're bad, which means the only thing we got out of this is your claim.

Alternatively, if you did dissipate the kill, that means GFish is more likely to be lying, banking on you getting lynched, flipping scum (cause he thinks you're the bulletproof don) and ending the discussion.

Also, look at this worthless lump of posts. Nothing helpful at all.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 6&sr=posts

Linki: Thanks for adding some more fake outrage, Silver. Why aren't you scumhunting even a little bit?

So the real question is why are people still voting for me when there are so many better targets?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Fredwood wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Fredwood wrote:

Ditto the Reapers.
You would be a hostile independent...so yeah they would need you dead to win.
Hostile? Nope.
You will be able to win with the faction you choose and your win condition will align with theirs. You will not be counted among their numbers though for the purposes of deciding the game.
That makes me non-hostile. I simply choose which side I think is going to win.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Fair enough...then you matter even less then.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Lol actually no, you misread it.

You will become non-hostile to the side you choose...you still will be hostile to the alignments you don't choose. The underlined portion is saying that your existence won't determine the winner based on numbers. Basically you win with them but you don't have any affect on their win condition.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Essentially if there is One Reaper, You and one non Reaper left, the game won't automatically end because there's a chance that you don't know who you're allied with.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Fredwood wrote:Fair enough...then you matter even less then.
Fredwood wrote:Lol actually no, you misread it.

You will become non-hostile to the side you choose...you still will be hostile to the alignments you don't choose. The underlined portion is saying that your existence won't determine the winner based on numbers. Basically you win with them but you don't have any affect on their win condition.
Please point to the wording of my role that says I will be hostile to alignments I don't choose. That makes no sense.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

This is awesomely wack.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote:This is awesomely wack.
Is Epi's behavior consistent with neutral Epi? Or Epi trying to draw some scum voters into a trap?
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Silver

You're playing much more like bad you and much less like good you. I know you'd have no qualms about killing Bob on night one.

Why should I not vote for you and who should I vote for instead?
I have absolutely no qualms about killing Bob (or anyone else) on any night and I have zero problems admitting that.

Obviously many of the HCR folks are assuming I am scum, and I have no problems with it cause if it keeps other townies alive, I am for it. You know the best argument for me being town? I am still alive. You'd think that with 2 mafias whichever mafia I was not on would have hit me last night. But since I am town, both sides assumed the other mafia would kill me, and neither did. That's why I am town.

You're one of my top scum reads. I don't like how you have failed to address Dom's accusation, and I see your pointing the finger at me as nothing more than trying to take interest off yourself. SVS's continual pushing on me with her silly argument, time after time after time after time is also a huge red flag. :feb:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Is Epi's behavior consistent with neutral Epi? Or Epi trying to draw some scum voters into a trap?
I don't know this one, actually.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
This is a very poor question. I'm neutral right now. If I can draw Reapers into a trap, and it is successful, I have an incentive to side with the Alliance. Right now I have no reason to side with the Alliance, and if I draw the lynch, that's cool too, because you burn a lynch on me instead of a Reaper.

I fucking love this role.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

gfishfunk wrote:Right now, my topic scum pick is Epignosis for a simple reason.

Epi was pinging some of the syndicate and did not vote. I targeted Epi with a role block. Only one kill occurred last night, and there should have been two (see the roles in he beginning). With no doctor and no bodyguard, the lack of a kill is indicative of a role block.
No bodyguard? Based on what Fish? Source please.

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”