Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
Adam
Posts in topic: 85

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 3)

Post by Adam »

Fredwood wrote:Well, I'm not looking to do jobs for people, but I have a hunch and if I'm right Spirit is a reaper.
I'll follow you on this one, although I still don't think I'm picking up what you're putting down.

vote sprityo
Adam

Post by Adam »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I have to finish these journal reviews, should be around starting hopefully within the next hour or so, then will be here off and on through EoD. First order of business will be investigating Nifty, LC, and whomever else you all think deserves higher priority for whatever reason. Let me know your requests if you have any please.
If you're after gfish's teammates, high priority should be those who tried to lynch the Geth.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272

Post by Fredwood »

Well proof is a funny word, There's probably proof, but the nature of the proof is interesting.

The way I see it we can all meander or hem and haw about meh targets, or we can go with the lead. We're still in a good position, and we learn a TON from a Spirit lynch, even if he's not Reaper, which is really in some peoples best interest if he is. Even if he's town, which would suck, there's still a lot to glean from the lynch.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:LC I don't want to fuck you, rather tenderly embrace you in my arms.

I'll respond in alt colors.
Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:LC. If I were bad and wanted to get you lynched would I do it through a fakeslip?
:shrug: Forgive me for jumping to the obvious conclusion.
Well let's use a recent example of someone that I wanted gone, and got rid of, did I do that with Gfish?
So, you're saying that if you didn't do it to everyone, there's no way you tried to do it to me? What kind of logic is that?
What other reason can you gather why I'd do that?

I really, really, really, really have no clue at all. I have only seen this kind of "slip" done offensively.
It was offensive. You are right. Why would a civ do that? You only see the angle why a mafia would do it and it's a poor one too.
Why don't you try answering some questions instead of asking open-ended ones? I don't see the angle for a Civ doing it, which makes it reeeal easy to conclude that you're not Civ.
What reason would I call you bad?
Because I'm calling Epignosis and you out as Reapers, and you want me to be gone? :shrug: This whole thing proves that whatever monkey-typewriter setup you've got working inside your skull is something too foreign for me to ever comprehend. I hope you're getting lots of enjoyment with your "let's fuck with Long Con" game, because I'm not likely to believe you're Civ anytime soon.
Have I voted for you once? LC, I want to read you, not kill you. Your actions are very straightforward and seem almost disgenuine because of this. You speculate vastly and I think you have a tendancy to tinfoil. Why would I want you gone? You are one of the 2 that think I'm bad and that makes the game much more comfortable to me than everyone is going "LOOK AT THAT SUPATOWN WILGY".
Blah blah blah. Nothing here does anything for me Wilgy. These words feel so empty. Unless I am somehow blessed with a full understanding of what you were thinking and what you were trying to do with that fakeslip, I will believe it was a baddie ploy to get me killed. You have said nothing to even remotely convince me otherwise.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Adam wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I have to finish these journal reviews, should be around starting hopefully within the next hour or so, then will be here off and on through EoD. First order of business will be investigating Nifty, LC, and whomever else you all think deserves higher priority for whatever reason. Let me know your requests if you have any please.
If you're after gfish's teammates, high priority should be those who tried to lynch the Geth.
I still want to lynch Epignosis, who may or may not be The Geth. Do you think I'm GFish's teammate?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Long Con wrote:
Adam wrote:
I still want to lynch Epignosis, who may or may not be The Geth. Do you think I'm GFish's teammate?
I honestly don't know. You are being very upfront about wanting to lynch Epi, and have been consistently since he claimed. Loud in a townie way, when I would think the rest of Cerberus would be more non-committal.

So I don't know. Do you think I'm gfish's teammate?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I think Long Con is off the deep end.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

OK, I'm feeling better about Adam's recent defenses, and in the excitement of trying to catch Cerberus members I almost forgot that I'm like 95% confident Silver is a Reaper and would feel more confident in that lynch. Changing vote to Silver.

Still a few posts behind, have to see what Wilgy has on Sprityo and if it's really strong I could join that instead.

@LC freaking out about the fakeslip: I ignored it because I assumed it was just Wilgy being goofy. That's his kind of joke and he always sticks in silly wifomy references toward the beginning of games whether he is good or bad, and I strongly believe he's good this game.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Well nutella just shot up to the top of the list of Spirit's teammates.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

So mad I missed this ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Fredwood wrote:Well, I'm not looking to do jobs for people, but I have a hunch and if I'm right Spirit is a reaper.
Fredwood wrote:Well proof is a funny word, There's probably proof, but the nature of the proof is interesting.

The way I see it we can all meander or hem and haw about meh targets, or we can go with the lead. We're still in a good position, and we learn a TON from a Spirit lynch, even if he's not Reaper, which is really in some peoples best interest if he is. Even if he's town, which would suck, there's still a lot to glean from the lynch.
ok what am I missing here? :confused:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Adam wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Adam wrote:
I honestly don't know. You are being very upfront about wanting to lynch Epi, and have been consistently since he claimed. Loud in a townie way, when I would think the rest of Cerberus would be more non-committal.

So I don't know. Do you think I'm gfish's teammate?
You could be. I don't oppose your lynch.
Fredwood wrote:I think Long Con is off the deep end.
I'm really an ok guy.
nutella wrote:OK, I'm feeling better about Adam's recent defenses, and in the excitement of trying to catch Cerberus members I almost forgot that I'm like 95% confident Silver is a Reaper and would feel more confident in that lynch. Changing vote to Silver.

Still a few posts behind, have to see what Wilgy has on Sprityo and if it's really strong I could join that instead.

@LC freaking out about the fakeslip: I ignored it because I assumed it was just Wilgy being goofy. That's his kind of joke and he always sticks in silly wifomy references toward the beginning of games whether he is good or bad, and I strongly believe he's good this game.
Well, he picked the wrong guy to joke with then. He's bad, nut.
Fredwood wrote:Well nutella just shot up to the top of the list of Spirit's teammates.
Why, because she's not blindly voting without Wilgy making the promised case against him?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Fredwood wrote:Well nutella just shot up to the top of the list of Spirit's teammates.
Excuse me? I said I would be perfectly willing to vote for Sprityo if there is convincing evidence that he's bad. Nobody has explained anything about why they think he's bad. I don't even remember anything specific about Sprityo this game, so please point me to something so I can form an opinion on him. Meanwhile, I am personally very confident that Silver is probably a reaper, but that doesn't preclude sprityo from also being one.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ugh, this 6:00PM Central ending time is awful for me, but it is what it is. I'll be really spotty between now and EoD; I still have way too much to get done today and I don't work as well in the evenings.

Dizzy, to answer your question, I've unfortunately only had time to do an interaction analysis on Adam. I only picked him first because he was first alphabetically.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Adam, I'll review your responses in full ASAP. I had no solid intention of keeping my vote on you unless I feel uninspired by your defenses. I'll let you know.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:So mad I missed this ?
You'd love it, you get to see me traumatically reliving what you DID to me in Roger Rabbit. :suspish: :suspish: :suspish:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey LC, I think I trust you. What are your current thoughts and why?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

nutella wrote:
Fredwood wrote:Well proof is a funny word, There's probably proof, but the nature of the proof is interesting.

ok what am I missing here? :confused:
A lot...One of three things will happen if we lynch Spirit.

We'll bag a Reaper
We'll bag a Cerberus, and have a good lead on a bad guy
We'll lynch a townie, and we'll have a good lead on a bad guy.

Two things are good, one thing is less good, but not a total loss. The nature of the proof is interesting and the result of the lynch will lead to our next steps. Personally I think 1st option is the most likely one. The third option is at worst a zero-sum game.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also, to everyone (including Adam) saying I was just "following MP's case on Adam": first of all, I didn't even think that was a case, so much as a summary of interactions (just a series of quoted posts) that was easily interpreted as Adam and Gfish being teammates. Second of all, I expressed suspicion of Adam being Gfish's teammate looong before MP's summary post, I was just citing that as a decent source/summary of the posts that displayed those interactions. I first expressed suspicion of Adam directly after the Gfish lynch, based on his earlier civ reads of Gfish, sudden turnaround, and eventual late-day bus vote. Anyone who thinks I never explained my reasons for voting Adam clearly has not read all of my posts.
Anyway, for what it's worth, I have now accepted his defenses -- he has explained multiple times that the Epi debacle was the reason for his turnaround on gfish and I think that makes sense. His recent posts are looking much more civ in my eyes.

linki @ Fredwood: PLEASE for the love of god explain what is going on. Leaving the rest of us in the dark trying to figure out your stupid puzzle is not getting us anywhere. I don't even know what sprityo has done this game let alone how his lynch will tell us stuff about other players.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey LC, I think I trust you. What are your current thoughts and why?
I think that Epignosis is either lying about being The Geth, or he's The Geth and aligned with the Reapers. He has to go.

I think Wilgy is a Reaper in full Epi-support-mode after Epi joined their ranks while believing he'd get lynched otherwise. If he's The Geth, that is. Wilgy also tried to pull some mean-ass shit on me on Night 1 that mirrors what Bass_the_Clever did to me in Roger Rabbit: a baddie fakeslipping like he's talking to me in BTSC in order to make me look bad as well. So that's another reason why Wilgy looks bad. For some reason, everyone thinks he's Civ though. He's good at looking that way, it seems.

I thought the points fredwood made against CaptainNifty were good, and he's a good choice for lynch as well.

Adam may be lynched, and I feel like he'd turn up bad as well.

Now Wilgy and fredwood are both talking up a sprityo lynch, with little explanation. I don't know if we are all supposed to intrinsically know why, but fred got mad at nutella for not voting sprit. I think.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

nutella wrote:
Excuse me? I said I would be perfectly willing to vote for Sprityo if there is convincing evidence that he's bad. Nobody has explained anything about why they think he's bad. I don't even remember anything specific about Sprityo this game, so please point me to something so I can form an opinion on him. Meanwhile, I am personally very confident that Silver is probably a reaper, but that doesn't preclude sprityo from also being one.
Or you know he's one, and break gridlock to give the lead to a less then optimal lynch target. It's clear the water is muddied...seriously you guys are supposed to be the masters of the no-info dump games.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LA, can you explain what specifically about Adam's recent posts have inspired you to change your mind?

I also echo that my Adam interactive analysis was not a "case" so much as just my interpretation of his interactions with a confirmed mafia member, gfish. If you all agree or disagree with points I made, it'd be great to hear and ideal for you all to explain why. I don't know everything; my perspectives could be misguided.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey LC, I think I trust you. What are your current thoughts and why?
I think that Epignosis is either lying about being The Geth, or he's The Geth and aligned with the Reapers. He has to go.

I think Wilgy is a Reaper in full Epi-support-mode after Epi joined their ranks while believing he'd get lynched otherwise. If he's The Geth, that is. Wilgy also tried to pull some mean-ass shit on me on Night 1 that mirrors what Bass_the_Clever did to me in Roger Rabbit: a baddie fakeslipping like he's talking to me in BTSC in order to make me look bad as well. So that's another reason why Wilgy looks bad. For some reason, everyone thinks he's Civ though. He's good at looking that way, it seems.

I thought the points fredwood made against CaptainNifty were good, and he's a good choice for lynch as well.

Now Wilgy and fredwood are both talking up a sprityo lynch, with little explanation. I don't know if we are all supposed to intrinsically know why, but fred got mad at nutella for not voting sprit. I think.
Can you link me to the Fredwood points made against Nifty that you found persuasive? I'd be happy to check those out.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Long Con wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:So mad I missed this ?
You'd love it, you get to see me traumatically reliving what you DID to me in Roger Rabbit. :suspish: :suspish: :suspish:
LOL! Sorry man I had to try something!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey Bass! And hello to Canuck as well! Would love to play with you both again soon.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Long Con wrote:

I'm not mad, I don't like the move to Silver. Don't vote Spirit...it looks bad. It's coy because it has to be. If people logically think it out, how this is going down, that there's something important going on here, and should be able to figure it out. Why has one person shut the fuck up, and why has another person taken up the cause? If you can't figure it out, then trust me, there's a good reason for it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Adam wrote:
Anyone? You don't think there's any way to discern which of those seemed sincere versus insincere in that treatment?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MovingPictures07 wrote:LA, can you explain what specifically about Adam's recent posts have inspired you to change your mind?
As I said, his explanation of why he changed his mind on gfish made sense. And his last several posts today have just felt very civ to me, in that he's speaking his mind openly, asking reasonable questions, expressing original opinions (for example re: Wilgy) and overall acting with a genuine scumhunting mindset. I promise I'm trying my best not to be vague, lol :sigh:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:LA, can you explain what specifically about Adam's recent posts have inspired you to change your mind?
As I said, his explanation of why he changed his mind on gfish made sense. And his last several posts today have just felt very civ to me, in that he's speaking his mind openly, asking reasonable questions, expressing original opinions (for example re: Wilgy) and overall acting with a genuine scumhunting mindset. I promise I'm trying my best not to be vague, lol :sigh:
No, that's all cool, thanks. Just trying to get a feel for how you're processing that read. This helps.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey Bass! And hello to Canuck as well! Would love to play with you both again soon.
Well I'm going to start trying to get back into mafia now that I finally have some free time.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Fredwood wrote:
Long Con wrote:

I'm not mad, I don't like the move to Silver. Don't vote Spirit...it looks bad. It's coy because it has to be. If people logically think it out, how this is going down, that there's something important going on here, and should be able to figure it out. Why has one person shut the fuck up, and why has another person taken up the cause? If you can't figure it out, then trust me, there's a good reason for it.
So... what? Are you implying that Wilgy was implying he has info and you have reason to believe that he does? Part of the reason I was so baffled was that Wilgy was the one who originally said he wanted to lynch Sprityo and that he would explain later, but he has not explained anything and now you are championing the whole movement. I mean, I'll trust that just because you're practically confirmed and Wilgy is one of my strongest civ reads, but I don't understand why you would know that he knows what he knows. :confused: Or maybe you don't, and that's what you meant by that 3-point list -- if sprit is not a reaper then you'd think Wilgy was lying and bad? Is that it?

Thinking out loud there, sorry... but this is starting to make a fraction of sense, I guess. And since I trust you I'll follow the vote and see what happens. Would still like to hear more from Wilgy himself though.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I can't speak for Wilgy, but my guess is he's said all he will say. I'm pretty sure I can say what I think, but I would like confirmation (IE the spirit lynch), before I do.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm not sure I understand what's going on with this sprityo stuff myself. Maybe I'll join it though.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

@sprityo what's going on?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I have to go. I'm moving my vote to myself for now, but I'll try to sneak in a vote switch closer to EoD. I don't feel comfortable with Adam or nearly anything else at this time, so it's unclear how I'll vote, but I'll figure something out and contribute however I think best maximizes an EoD vote. Sorry folks. I'll try to contribute more interaction analyses and such whenever I can.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Oh hello? I have 4 votes?

Let's see what went wrong
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Immortal_Raven
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Immortal_Raven »

Fredwood wrote:I can't speak for Wilgy, but my guess is he's said all he will say. I'm pretty sure I can say what I think, but I would like confirmation (IE the spirit lynch), before I do.
I'm as confused as MP on this one. I don't see what is so excellent about a sprityo lynch and no one seems to be willing to explain it.

@TSP, what sort of response would you like? A weak lynch vote out of left field predicated almost entirely on my reaction to your post analysis on me which again, was taken out of context. I liked gfish's play. Someone else ferreted him out. I was wrong. You're overthinking it if you have any other theories about it.

My vote stays where it is. This assumption that Wilgy is overwhelmingly Civ is concerning. If someone wants to explain the sprit lynch, I'd be open to changing.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Alright so I've found the posts where I was voted for. It's a hunch then is it by wilgy and a hunch by fredwood and then two people just following them? Hmmmm.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Yeah so nothing really going on besides a sudden buildup. Okay.

If you guys honestly believe my reveal will help you more then ok..... I guess I'll take on for the team

I have two of my decent town reads voting me so i can't really argue against them, but I plan on trying to make it to late game at least once. I've still got my Role claim too, so there's that
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Long Con wrote:@sprityo what's going on?
I guess the world wants me dead, no matter what alignment I am
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

sprityo wrote:Yeah so nothing really going on besides a sudden buildup. Okay.

If you guys honestly believe my reveal will help you more then ok..... I guess I'll take on for the team

I have two of my decent town reads voting me so i can't really argue against them, but I plan on trying to make it to late game at least once. I've still got my Role claim too, so there's that
Should probably spill it then.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I softed it at day start if that helps
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

No, just claim...info dumping is allowed.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Hackett wrote:Night 2 is over.
Dom has been killed.

He was:

Garrus Vakarian

You were a Turian agent of C-SEC raging against the corruption inherent in the system that allowed Saren to exist. Then Shepard recruited you to stop him, and hey, save the galaxy at the same time!

You are an excellent sniper, and have a one-shot nightkill that you can use. This nightkill can’t be misdirected by another player in any way (this includes mind control or busdriving of your target), though it can be blocked or doctored. Additionally, with your investigative talents as a member of C-SEC, twice during any separate night phases you can target someone at night and determine who they targeted (tracker). You can select either the tracking or the nightkill as your night action.

If you are not engaged in a relationship with Commander Shepard by Night 5, you will end up being masoned with Tali if she is currently in the game. She must also not be engaged in a relationship with Commander Shepard.
It is Day 3. You have 48 hours to lynch someone. A proper write up will come as soon as we're able.

Write up

Another locked terminal across the galaxy refused access to an infiltrator. The protective technology and coding proved stronger than their skills could surpass.

Elsewhere, Garrus Vakarian was piloting a shuttle away from the surface of a believed-uninhabited but mineral heavy-planet near to the Normandy's position. The stock of iridium he was returning with would be great for refurbishing and updating the rifle weaponry aboard the ship. Before he could exit the atmosphere, however, his dashboard screen indicated the shuttle had been locked by a ground-borne missile projectile. He attempted evasive maneuvers, but the technology on the ground was superior to that of his shuttle, and he suffered a direct hit to his propulsion systems. The shuttle arced sharply over itself and plummeted back to the surface. Garrus and the shuttle were both lost.

Aboard the Normandy, there was some concern that the behavior of a crew member was becoming erratic and confused. Without Dr. Chakwas, the infirmary had become backlogged, and their ability to discern a proper diagnosis was limited. Most attributed the behavior to the pressures of the mission and dismissed their concerns.
sprityo wrote:A most unfortunate death.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I'm Dom's BTSC buddy, Tali
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Of course that'd only be true if we had both lived.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

So, the fact that Wilgy copped you probably means he was fucked with. Sorry for the force, but I'm good with the claim, if Wilgy is who I think he is, he won't be able to confirm he copped you as mafia.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Which leaves us in an interesting situation, unless Wilgy wants to deny being Leviathan. If he's not Leviathan... well I have no fucking clue why he would play it that way unless he wasn't Leviathan or a Reaper.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Moved my vote off you btw
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

sprityo wrote:Of course that'd only be true if we had both lived.
You had BTSC with Dom?

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”