nutella
25%
Quin
No votes
speedchuck
8%
Tranq
No votes
Boooooo you killed all the kills! (H/N/D)
67%

Total votes: 12
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 105

Re: Elemental Mafia - Day 3

Post by Tranq »

Well, do you have any suggestions? I'm pretty much up for anything, and i have to vote early-ish.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Epignosis »

I still think Glorfindel, as nice a fellow as he is, is the best option for lynching.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Elohcin »

My "eh" was to tranq and avenging people. Looks like i feel the same as epi.

Linki:. Sorry​, i keep hitting submit and not keeping my eye on whether my post goes through or i gt more linki.

Im good with glorf
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Top two go though. We have to keep that in mind
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Wilgy asked to be my friend, and i accepted. Then he got creepy and got all sciency, but still, my friend!

Elohcin wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 12:57 pm I love spacedaisy, but I feel a bit threatened by her. I'd be willing to vote that way.

I would still be willing to vote glorf. It will spare him having to turn against anyone at end game.

I could also vote Nutella. Not sure it's in my best interest to keep her around.

And lastly, quins heart doesn't seem in this game.

Thoughts?

Linki: eh.
Spacedaisy has gone out of her way to defend me earlier in the game. I don't want to repay that by going after her right now.
I could vote for Glorf or nutella. Quin, not so much.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Better yet, we can mop up Barney's backyard gang while the misfits still have the numerical advantage.
insertnamehere wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 11:49 pm LIST OF PEOPLE IN THE DHARMAHELPER MEMORIAL ALLIANCE
  • Insertnamehere
    Quin
    Bass*
    Tranq*

* = agreed to be in DH's group last night.
Here's a refresher of the rules. The thing about SVS is obviously irrelevant now. We're now true free agents.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:11 pm 1. Rule numero uno, above all other rules: Saviors don't work for free. We'll put our weight behind the best offer.
2. Ape no kill Ape. Anyone who takes this deal is protected by it from any other takers.
3. No offer, great or small, will ever be enough for me (and by extension any of the Saviors) to turn on, provoke, or otherwise interfere with SVS.
4. Any member of this pact has an equal say in the actions take by the pact.
I'd argue that we need to limit membership due to the small amount of people left in the game, with the number topping out at 5. So, there's one empty slot. If Bass or Tranq decide not to be involved, than they can be replaced.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

You have to spell it out a little clearer for me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The four named in INH's post all "agreed to be in DH's group last night." They formed a clique. The numerical error for them is that their crew is at four members, with six outsiders outnumbering them by two. If they want to stick together in that fashion, then they have essentially declared themselves a mafia who will work together to outlast the outsiders.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Spell it out? Well:
DrWilgy wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:35 am Tranq, wanna be friends? I'll take a bite out of double, like sscruff mcgruff takes a bite outta crime.
Tranq wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 10:39 am Sure, i'll be your friend. I have no reason to vote for you :p

I didn't mean it as an Element related thing, if that's what you're asking?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In other words, if that quartet have pledged not to vote one another and pledged not to kill one another, then they will be mustering their resources against them that ain't them. If you ain't them, then you is us, and them is gonna put the hurtin on us if us don't put a hurtin' on them.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:21 pm The four named in INH's post all "agreed to be in DH's group last night." They formed a clique. The numerical error for them is that their crew is at four members, with six outsiders outnumbering them by two. If they want to stick together in that fashion, then they have essentially declared themselves a mafia who will work together to outlast the outsiders.
If you read DH's mission statement we formed it to help people in a jam that was willing to pay us back.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I thought it was a Heroes For Hire kind of thing?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Okay, and all four are still alive. Which two ahall we try to vote out?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 121

Post by speedchuck »

Bass_the_Clever wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:25 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:21 pm The four named in INH's post all "agreed to be in DH's group last night." They formed a clique. The numerical error for them is that their crew is at four members, with six outsiders outnumbering them by two. If they want to stick together in that fashion, then they have essentially declared themselves a mafia who will work together to outlast the outsiders.
If you read DH's mission statement we formed it to help people in a jam that was willing to pay us back.
But then everyone is willing to do favors in this game and be paid back. Surely it's something more than this.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Nope it was simple. You guys saw how the last lynch went down. We were out to get anyone just help a few people out.
What's crazy is epi last lynch said he was safe from a lynch last night he killed and you are willing to leave a mad man like that in the game.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Elohcin wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 12:57 pm I could also vote Nutella. Not sure it's in my best interest to keep her around.
Don't know why you think this. I'm reasonably sure I will not be able to kill again. I don't pose any more danger than anyone else in this game. In fact, probably statistically less at this point, since it's quite likely there are other element combinations still out there that produce a kill that are not snuffed out.

I'm cool with lynching members of the DH posse.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:31 pm Nope it was simple. You guys saw how the last lynch went down. We were out to get anyone just help a few people out.
What's crazy is epi last lynch said he was safe from a lynch last night he killed and you are willing to leave a mad man like that in the game.
Mad?

I am only as mad as the elements I interact with.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Epi it's to bad we didn't get to work together this game it could have been epic.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 137

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:24 pm In other words, if that quartet have pledged not to vote one another and pledged not to kill one another, then they will be mustering their resources against them that ain't them. If you ain't them, then you is us, and them is gonna put the hurtin on us if us don't put a hurtin' on them.
If the quartet was exclusive, members-only, then you'd have a point.

But, the way it stands, membership application is open and free. People are gonna form alliances in this game, that much is a definite. At least we're being fair by allowing anyone to join.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

The only ones who have to fear the Band of Outsiders are folks who don't want to be in any alliance that they don't lead.

Or people who don't want to be in any alliance at all.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:45 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:24 pm In other words, if that quartet have pledged not to vote one another and pledged not to kill one another, then they will be mustering their resources against them that ain't them. If you ain't them, then you is us, and them is gonna put the hurtin on us if us don't put a hurtin' on them.

But, the way it stands, membership application is open and free. People are gonna form alliances in this game, that much is a definite. At least we're being fair by allowing anyone to join.
Open and free? So everybody gets to join and work together as a team? All right! :clap:
insertnamehere wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 11:49 pm I'd argue that we need to limit membership due to the small amount of people left in the game, with the number topping out at 5. So, there's one empty slot. If Bass or Tranq decide not to be involved, than they can be replaced.
Oh. :|
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:56 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:45 pm

Open and free? So everybody gets to join and work together as a team? All right! :clap:
insertnamehere wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 11:49 pm I'd argue that we need to limit membership due to the small amount of people left in the game, with the number topping out at 5. So, there's one empty slot. If Bass or Tranq decide not to be involved, than they can be replaced.
Oh. :|
That was a suggestion which obviously was ill-advised.

Why do you wish to kill the alliance rather than join it? I know you entered into this game ostensibly not wanting to win, and avoiding cowtowing to literally anyone's expectation of you.

It just feels kinda egotistical to me, like you're rolling up and grumbling that "this thread ain't big enough for the two of us," for little to no reason.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:07 pm Cowtowing
Yep. I could have said "bowing" but the comparison of Epignosis to a steer was too enticing.

Use of "cowtowing" in a sentence: https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4453723/ ... lationship
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You can frame it however you would like, but what you've made public is that you four won't be killing one another and won't be voting one another. Is that true?

If so, then it's all I need to know in order to conclude that you four are a threat to the continued existence of the majority, and that all it takes is for your quartet to lynch two people who aren't in your posse, manage to kill one of the outsiders, and then, provided you experience no misfortune during the Night phase, you will have obtained a majority. Four of you against three of us. And you can pick us off at will.

Nah.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:21 pm You can frame it however you would like, but what you've made public is that you four won't be killing one another and won't be voting one another. Is that true?

If so, then it's all I need to know in order to conclude that you four are a threat to the continued existence of the majority, and that all it takes is for your quartet to lynch two people who aren't in your posse, manage to kill one of the outsiders, and then, provided you experience no misfortune during the Night phase, you will have obtained a majority. Four of you against three of us. And you can pick us off at will.

Nah.
But it isn't the four of us. Literally anyone can join the alliance, and make it the five of us, the six of us, the seven of us.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

The alliance is only a danger to you if you aren't willing to join the alliance.

By doing that, you're making a conscious choice not to work with the group.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:27 pm The alliance is only a danger to you if you aren't willing to join the alliance.

By doing that, you're making a conscious choice not to work with the group.
And if nobody else joins, the alliance is a danger to six other people...

...which makes it not much of a danger. :feb:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I have a cookout this evening and would kind of like to narrow down what we want to do before then.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:23 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:21 pm You can frame it however you would like, but what you've made public is that you four won't be killing one another and won't be voting one another. Is that true?

Nah.
But it isn't the four of us. Literally anyone can join the alliance, and make it the five of us, the six of us, the seven of us.
I'm in.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:01 pm I still think Glorfindel, as nice a fellow as he is, is the best option for lynching.
And just why might that be, my friend?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

If I'm reading this correctly, it's one of the first remarks I've seen from you this game that makes sense to me. At this stage of the game with the number of players rapidly diminishing, I wouldn't be rushing to join an 'alliance' that will limit my chances of personal gain by removing players with whom I might personally gain considerable advantage from fusing with for a day or two yet.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:08 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:01 pm I still think Glorfindel, as nice a fellow as he is, is the best option for lynching.
Pure selfishness. I don't want other people potentially having what I have.

But that's taken a backseat to this cult speedchuck has unwisely joined.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:13 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:08 pm
Pure selfishness. I don't want other people potentially having what I have.

But that's taken a backseat to this cult speedchuck has unwisely joined.
Wait, are you STILL unlynchable?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:13 pm
If I'm reading this correctly, it's one of the first remarks I've seen from you this game that makes sense to me. At this stage of the game with the number of players rapidly diminishing, I wouldn't be rushing to join an 'alliance' that will limit my chances of personal gain by removing players with whom I might personally gain considerable advantage from fusing with for a day or two yet.
Someone's gotta go. However you slice it, someone will be lynched and an option for fusing will be removed. Yes, lynching someone not in the "alliance" will limit your fusing options. So will lynching literally any person.

To shift the topic of conversation, is anyone gonna be pushing for No Lynch?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

speedchuck wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:56 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Nah.
I'm in.
:beer:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:40 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:13 pm
Someone's gotta go. However you slice it, someone will be lynched and an option for fusing will be removed. Yes, lynching someone not in the "alliance" will limit your fusing options. So will lynching literally any person.

To shift the topic of conversation, is anyone gonna be pushing for No Lynch?
I won't. There are too many people who are quite threatening, given the information that they currently have.

linki: :beer: Back to you, INH. Perhaps we can get through a day of being buddies without someone randomly killing you, unlike in survivor. That was a short alliance.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

This looks like something of an alliance in itself and one I won't being have any part of anytime soon...
Elohcin wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:06 pm My "eh" was to tranq and avenging people. Looks like i feel the same as epi.

Linki:. Sorry​, i keep hitting submit and not keeping my eye on whether my post goes through or i gt more linki.

Im good with glorf
If I can 'hire' you 'Alliance' peeps for protection, I could be up for that... What's your price?

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:44 pm This looks like something of an alliance in itself and one I won't being have any part of anytime soon...
Elohcin wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:06 pm My "eh" was to tranq and avenging people. Looks like i feel the same as epi.

Im good with glorf
If I can 'hire' you 'Alliance' peeps for protection, I could be up for that... What's your price?
Simple: don't vote for us, and we won't vote for you.

Also, an ounce of Mexican black-tar heroin.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:45 pm Also, an ounce of Mexican black-tar heroin.
This. This is what I was in for when I signed up?

I have made a good choice. :coffee2:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I think Jack wanted beer. Are we being hired to do vote someone today? How does this even work? :p
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:45 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:44 pm This looks like something of an alliance in itself and one I won't being have any part of anytime soon...

Im good with glorf
Simple: don't vote for us, and we won't vote for you.

Also, an ounce of Mexican black-tar heroin.
None of you were likely to get my vote this Day phase anyway so I have no problem with that.

The second part will be a lot more of an ask... :haha:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Tranq wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:50 pm I think Jack wanted beer. Are we being hired to do vote someone today? How does this even work? :p
Nobody has asked us to vote for someone.

Glorf has requested protection in exchange for not targeting us.

Right now the Awesome Group of Cool People is comprised of you, me, Speed, Bass, and Quin.

The top two vote getters are going today, but, of course, No Lynch is always an option.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

There has to be a better name than that.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Is there anyone you want to lynch in particular, INH? I won't be here to witness the last 10 pages (probably less) leading up to the lynch post.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Tranq wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:58 pm There has to be a better name than that.
The Cabal of Friendliness?

The Compact of Cool?

The Organization of Reasonableness?

The Bunch of Nice Folks?

That's all I got
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Tranq wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 4:01 pm Is there anyone you want to lynch in particular, INH? I won't be here to witness the last 10 pages (probably less) leading up to the lynch post.
So far, there seems to be one person who is dead set against ever joining the Alliance. That'd be Epignosis. In fact, he's advocated targeting members of the Alliance itself.

Plus, I heard he shot a Doctor in Reno, just to watch him die.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I want to see The Organization of Reasonableness on a t-shirt :p
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Yes, there's Epig. Though i'm not a fan of that surviving another lynch talk. As nutella said the other day, if true it's a waste of a vote.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Tranq wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 4:07 pm Yes, there's Epig. Though i'm not a fan of that surviving another lynch talk. As nutella said the other day, if true it's a waste of a vote.
Eh. Given that literally every post Epi has made in this game feels like he's attempting to fuck with people on some level, I'm not sure that I buy it.

Also, here's a rough draft of the T-Shirt. I'm taking constructive criticism on the design.

WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”