Total votes: 15
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Pokemon Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by Tangrowth »

Congrats, mafia team! I unfortunately was too busy to even spectate this; it definitely was a host/theme combination I was especially sad to miss out playing. Seems like it really was an awesome game.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Never nobody knows how to play civ. We just make educated guesses and hope for the best.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 145

Post by DrWilgy »

Epi, I gotta ask.

What role did type have in the game?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Dyslexicon »

So sorry I dropped off the map this game. =(
Also, I was silenced the last day when I was logging in to actually read and post for real. That was painful.

Will try to make sure I know I'll have the time to play before signing up here again.

Thanks for the game, Simon and Epi.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

I hate you, Wilgy. Well done sir. :beer:

Sorry I lost us the game. Looking forward to learning more about the unseen mechanics.

Thanks for the game, gents!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:31 pm Epi, I gotta ask.

I know it had some effect on my role as Eevee -- as I got evolution points I would evolve into different types that gave me different benefits. I only evolved twice so what I know is that first I was Jolteon and if I gave an evo vote to another Electric type I would be protected from the NK, and then I became Vaporeon and if another Water type gave me an evo point I would be off the next poll.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:10 pm

I know it had some effect on my role as Eevee -- as I got evolution points I would evolve into different types that gave me different benefits. I only evolved twice so what I know is that first I was and if I gave an evo vote to another Electric type I would be protected from the NK, and then I became Vaporeon and if another Water type gave me an evo point I would be off the next poll.
Blasphemy.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Quin »

boo wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:13 am I needed three fully evolved people to be lynched while I was alive.
Good thing I didn't mutiny, not that it mattered :phew:

FYI, the secret behind mew was that if I found Mewtwo I could swap alignments and win conditions. I figured boo was Mewtwo, but I didn't even try to find him. I wanted to win as town. :noble:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Fredwood »

Yeah, got stuck in a G-Man thing early, and the Whole Mac thing bugged me every time he said something more made me scum read him more. Which is strange because I never really scum read to begin with. Though I was never "melting down". Also a 2 person AFK vote on the 4th, first mislynch I recall in quite some time maybe ever, funny it went down like that.

Was right on DF, and I should have followed my suspicion on Spirit but got distracted by G-Man. So was off and didn't have a great game, but was only off because I got too into my hard reads. I do think I would have eventually come down on Wilgy, but DDL would have been distracting as well.

Good job by Wilgy to kind of stay out of everything until the end game. His pushes on Dyz and switch to Tink make a lot of sense now.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Fredwood »

Thanks for the host
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

The types were only relevant with respect to Eevee, who, rather than collect evolution points, would evolve depending upon the type of the person who voted for her first on a given Night.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

There were a lot of missing evolution votes throughout this game. It put the civilians (and boo) at a disadvantage. I felt bad for boo. His win condition wasn't impossible, but it would have required the lynching of G-Man before DrWilgy.

So maybe impossible. :p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 63

Post by MacDougall »

I actually didn't know I was meant to be doing that... Was behind the 8 ball from missing the start really. Mafia team did well.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Quin »

Wilgy voting for me and then 'falling asleep' sounded like such bull as well. Were you lying, Wilgy? :grin:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Neverwhere »

Yes! Wilgy you did a great job.

Also, Gman you were great too. Don't apologise. I'm glad i got killed off cause i was suspecting you at the end, so i dont think a lot of us would have done any better.

Thank you to our hosts simon and Epignosis for a wonderfully nostalgic game :)
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:49 pm Never nobody knows how to play civ. We just make educated guesses and hope for the best.
Good to know :) sorry i was gunning so hard for you at the end!

I was surprised you got votes the last day. I would have thought with everything that happened with me i would have cleared you.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Quin wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:53 pm Wilgy voting for me and then 'falling asleep' sounded like such bull as well. Were you lying, Wilgy? :grin:
Absolutely not. I was messing with you when I fell asleep. Totally intended to try to pick off DDL that day.

Thank you for the game hosts. I was able to put on what I felt was a good baddie game. The first one since star wars really and it was in a theme that has a nice place in my heart.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by G-Man »

I really did have a lousy game. I fell behind early and life was so stinking busy the second half of this game. I probably should have known better than to sign up but sometimes I just can't help myself.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Neverwhere
The Mark

Post by Neverwhere »

G-Man wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:07 am I really did have a lousy game. I fell behind early and life was so stinking busy the second half of this game. I probably should have known better than to sign up but sometimes I just can't help myself.
When games run for two plus weeks you can't predict life things! I don't see why you should all apologise for being busy. You put in what you can when you can. :)
Simon
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Simon »

Congratulations to the winners, DrWilgy, DFaraday, and sprityo. Thank you for playing my game.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Ricochet »

Uhm is there a list with the power roles (if... any)?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

hel-llo-oo-oo-oo?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

No Rico! No role list for you!
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

[mention]Epignosis[/mention] Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't know how I missed this. I'll post everything this afternoon.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Something's up with the document I used while on vacation (Eloh's laptop is downright turrible). This is from an older draft that should be 95% accurate- I had to fill in a couple of abilities from memory but I think I got it all.

Civilians

Pichu -> Pikachu -> Raichu
Electric

Static: Pikachu will paralyze his target each Night, making him or her unable to vote the next Day or use a Night action the next Night.

Lightning Rod: Raichu can target two individuals and draw their powers to himself, negating them.

Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur -> Venusaur
Grass / Poison

Overgrow: Ivysaur’s vote is worth two.

Chlorophyll: Venusaur’s begins with -2 votes.

Charmander -> Charmilion -> Charizard
Fire

Blaze: Charmilion can light up the Night, discovering who one person targeted and picked for evolution.

Solar Power: Charizard can skip one Night phase, causing two consecutive Day phases.

Squirtle -> Wartortle -> Blastoise
Water

Torrent: Blastoise will wash one vote away from his target the next Day.

Rain Dish: Blastoise will cause it to rain, washing away all votes from his target the next Day.

Pidgey -> Pidgeotto -> Pidgeot
Normal / Flying

Keen Eye: Once, Pidgeotto will select a civilian Pokemon and learn what that Pokemon’s current ability is.

Tangled Feet: If Pidgeot is confused, he cannot be killed.

Eevee -> ??? -> ???
Normal
Has multiple potential evolvements. *Secrets*
As soon as someone votes to evolve Eevee, Eevee will tap into that first voter's Pokemon type, which will determine how Eevee evolves: If water, Vaporeon. If electric, Jolteon. If fire, Flareon. If psychic, Espeon. If grass, Leafeon. If ice, Glaceon. If fairy, Sylveon. If dark, Umbreon.

Water Absorb: If a water type picks Vaporeon to receive an evolution point, he will be off the next Day’s poll.

Volt Absorb: If Jolteon votes for an electric type to receive an evolution point, he will be protected from the kill that same Night.

Flash Fire: If a fire type chooses Flareon to receive an evolution point, he lights up the Night, learning who picked him.

Magic Bounce: Espeon can change someone else’s target.

Leaf Guard: During the next Day, anyone who votes for Leafeon cannot target him that Night.

Snow Cloak: Glaceon brings hail, disrupting her target’s BTSC the next Day.

Pixilate: Sylveon affects her target’s vote the next Day. If her target is a civilian, the vote is worth 2. If her target is mafia, the vote is worth -1. If her target is independent, the vote is worth 0. Her target will be unaware of this change.

Inner Focus: Umbreon can learn if anyone targeted him each Night.

Snover -> Abomasnow -> Mega Abomasnow
Grass / Ice

Snow Warning: Abomasnow summons a hailstorm, eliminating her target's BTSC privileges for the next Day.

Soundproof: Once, Mega Abomasnow eliminates all BTSC for the next Day.

Froakie -> Frogadier -> Greninja
Water / Dark

Protean: The next time Frogadier votes for someone in the lynch poll, he will temporarily change into one of the types of the individual for whom he voted.

Water Shuriken: Once, Greninja can switch the lynch.

Gible -> Gabite -> Garchomp
Dragon / Ground

Sand Veil: On one occasion, Gabite can protect himself from all negative actions.

Rough Skin: Anyone who targets Garchomp will begin the next Day with one vote against him or her.

Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir
Psychic / Fairy

Trace: Kirlia can target someone during the Day, and use his or her ability that Night.

Telepathy: If a civilian Pokemon targets Gardevoir with a negative ability, it will fail.

Torchic -> Combusken -> Blaziken
Fire / Fighting

Blaze: Combusken can light up the Night, discovering who one person targeted and picked for evolution.

Speed Boost: Blaziken can use Blaze twice each Night.

Igglybuff -> Jigglypuff -> Wigglytuff
Normal / Fairy

Sleep: Jigglypuff sings, making her target drowsy. The drowsy target will fall asleep and sleep through the entire next Day, unable to post or vote.

Cute Charm: Wigglytuff can sing too, but will charm her sleeping target into staying silent while voting for her preferred choice.

Munchlax -> Snorlax
Normal

Immunity: If Snorlax is put to sleep, he cannot be killed.

Riolu -> Lucario
Fighting / Steel

Steadfast: Lucario uses his fighting skills and determination to protect his target each Night.

Mew
Psychic
Does not evolve. *Secrets*

Synchronize: Anything Mew is targeted with will be redirected to his target (unless he targets Mewtwo, then the targets against Mew simply fail). If Mew targets Mewtwo, Mew joins Mewtwo in BTSC, and shares Mewtwo’s win condition.

Mafia
Knocks Out someone each Night
Has BTSC

Meowth -> Persian
Normal

Limber: Persian will be immune to paralysis.

Inkay -> Malamar
Dark / Psychic

Contrary: Malamar negates his target’s Night action.

Gastly -> Haunter -> Gengar
Ghost / Poison

Levitate: Haunter will be immune to the first lynch against him.

Cursed Body: Anyone who targets Gengar with a night action will target himself instead.

Independent

Mewtwo
Psychic

Mewtwo wants to build a superior army of Pokemon clones.

Mewtwo wins by lynching any three fully evolved Pokemon and being alive when this is achieved. Lynching Eevee or Mew will not count toward your win condition.

Pressure: You may select two individuals instead of one to evolve each phase.

Unnerve: If anyone targets you will a kill, it will be neutralized, and the one targeting you will begin the next Day with one vote.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Processed, thanks.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”