Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 483

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Golden »

Glad you've caught up on LoRab, Epi :p I actually think my declared town core is one we should try to rely on, because I believe in it (the marginal reads aside, which are all leaning further away rather than into those reads now).

I've considered rico self-cursing, but I don't think so. I got the sense his flow was disrupted. I still think LC's immediate reaction post to Rico's curse is relevant. Possibly its inh and LC together.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

Arrrgh, just got caught up. Seems like the majority of this thread is a pissing match between Golden and Dom, with genuine frustration on both sides. My gut sees it as civ on civ, and I don't have the time or the sobriety to dig deeper than that now.

The most interesting actual case has been Epi's on TSP. Odd vote timing, unexplained vote placement, backpedaling and willingness to throw votes around without true commitment today. Suggesting a Marcus-unveiling strategy that no one would seriously consider. I don't like it. Will likely throw my vote there, especially given Jack's lack of activity today.

Linki: If Rico keeps switching voices, could he be the five heads of Hiram McDaniels?
Golden
The Coward

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:01 pm My current "town core" as I see it

Me
speechuck (heh, that was an accident, but I ain't fixing it)
Wilgy
Rico
Epi
LoRab
Maybe inh and eloh as well, but I find them harder to be sure of
I'd like to throw Tony in but I don't know him well enough
Here it is, for the record. I'm considering adding sprityo, and eloh fully, its inh and tony who have more gone the other way.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 377

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:06 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:01 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:57 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:56 pm To answer my own question, INH. I agree with Ricochet about the curse.
That's interesting. You'd put inh ahead of Tony?

I also think the 'inh did the curse' thing has merit. So does LC doing it, though. It has to be someone who actually read the game it came from, I don't know who was in that game.
Do we know it's a curse?
Do you see anybody else posting anything funny?
Would you put it past Ricochet to do some sort of stunt in his posting every day?
I don't put anything past anybody. Do you?

Ricochet is stubborn. I would expect more faces from him.
true enough.

who was the person requesting i vote golden?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Me, probably? lol.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:10 pm Glad you've caught up on LoRab, Epi :p I actually think my declared town core is one we should try to rely on, because I believe in it (the marginal reads aside, which are all leaning further away rather than into those reads now).

I've considered rico self-cursing, but I don't think so. I got the sense his flow was disrupted. I still think LC's immediate reaction post to Rico's curse is relevant. Possibly its inh and LC together.
If he "self-cursed," then it would mean someone else is cursed, or the cursing person was blocked or forgot to send in a PM.

I am right now ready to lynch INH.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Or he sent in no PM and then faked it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:14 pm Or he sent in no PM and then faked it.
To what end?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sprityo wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:56 pm Dom, can you tell me real quick why youre not voting golden, even though he has already voted for you.
Why did you want me to vote Golden when it could end with me dying?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:13 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:10 pm Glad you've caught up on LoRab, Epi :p I actually think my declared town core is one we should try to rely on, because I believe in it (the marginal reads aside, which are all leaning further away rather than into those reads now).

If he "self-cursed," then it would mean someone else is cursed, or the cursing person was blocked or forgot to send in a PM.

I am okay with an INH lynch.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:15 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:14 pm Or he sent in no PM and then faked it.
To what end?
I mean, I said I considered it and came to the conclusion he wouldn't.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:16 pm

Are you not ok with an LC lynch? Why not?
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 119

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:00 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:56 pm To answer my own question, INH. I agree with Ricochet about the curse.

I also think the 'inh did the curse' thing has merit. So does LC doing it, though. It has to be someone who actually read the game it came from, I don't know who was in that game.
I would. I know INH better than I know TonyStarkPrime (however much anyone could "know" INH- I honest to God PMed him when I saw his location was Lumberton, NC, since Lumberton is 30 minutes from house. He never responded). TonyStarkPrime could be the guy I said he was, but so could a bunch of other people. Hell, let him live long enough and maybe he'll expose himself if I'm right. There's still plenty of mafia to go around.
I honestly didn't receive a PM from you about that.

Lumberton NC is the location in which the movie Blue Velvet is set, not my actual location for the record.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:20 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:00 pm

I would. I know INH better than I know TonyStarkPrime (however much anyone could "know" INH- I honest to God PMed him when I saw his location was Lumberton, NC, since Lumberton is 30 minutes from house. He never responded). TonyStarkPrime could be the guy I said he was, but so could a bunch of other people. Hell, let him live long enough and maybe he'll expose himself if I'm right. There's still plenty of mafia to go around.
I honestly didn't receive a PM from you about that.

Lumberton NC is the location in which the movie Blue Velvet is set, not my actual location for the record.
I gathered.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:18 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:16 pm

Are you not ok with an LC lynch? Why not?
I don't trust you in any way.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What relevance does that have to whether LC is bad?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden, what is your opinion of INH? My impression is that you aren't happy with it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Becuase it makes me doubt your case.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:24 pm Golden, what is your opinion of INH? My impression is that you aren't happy with it.
I can't read inh for shit, but this is legitimately the first game I've ever played with him where I get no baddie vibes with him. On the other hand, I think there is legitimate in thread evidence that LC perpetrated the curse.

I guess what I'm struggling with is... is inh the kind of guy to do something that so obviously links back to him? And I have no answer to that, because I don't understand his brain.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:06 pm Holy shit.

First time for everything. I think Lorab is...

good.
Wait....are you finally starting to understand how I think through the game? Whoulda thunk?

Although, if I were a third player reading this, I'd wonder if for every time that you've been wrong about me in one direction, you're totally wrong about me in the other, lol. :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:24 pm Becuase it makes me doubt your case.
Fair enough, but I think you should take my case out of it and look at the way he took your posts for his own ends. Just give it a think. If you really don't want to, I get it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:26 pmAlthough, if I were a third player reading this, I'd wonder if for every time that you've been wrong about me in one direction, you're totally wrong about me in the other, lol. :p
This is also what I'm struggling with in relation to my read of inh lol. Like.. 'is it possible that the time I'm not reading him as bad, that's when he is'.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:27 am Fuck, man. Fuck! I'm more than a little drunk right now, and I can't believe that Poppy came back. Rico, your blob emoji thing was fresh and new, and carried none of the annoying subdrama that Poppy did. I'm so sad right now.
This is the post I'm talking about. To me, cursing the self-curser and then posting about it would appeal to LC. But it's a pet theory, I know.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:23 pm Poppy seems more vengeful this game. Sheesh.

INH, what are your reads right now? Last time you gave them, I think Made was still topping your scumlist.
Well, seems like we've reached the point in most regular-type mafia games I play where I start catching heat for a perceived lack of reads. I'll be honest, barring anything particularly invigorating, I'm hella slow to form reads and opinions, a habit which is inherently suspicious to most players.

Out of the Golden Versus Dom row, I'd have to buck against the grain and say that Dom comes out looking more genuinely town to me.

Golden's probably the mafia player who stymies me the most. Despite thinking he's an upstanding guy outside of mafia, I can't see eye to eye with him on most of his preferred mafia strategies, and I have an incorrect predisposition towards finding them suspicious, which can come back to bite me.

Then again, he's also painfully aware of our failure to empathize on a mafia gameplay level, and I'm paranoid that he could be using that to divert me from his own actual scumminess. So, I can't really trust neither my gut nor my brain when it comes to him.

I think Rico's suspicion of me is idiotic. Here's the sequence of events: Rico does the Poppy gimmick in Blue Velvet Mafia, a game I hosted. The players get annoyed, and Rico gets NK'd. After the game is over, I say with the smug all-knowingness that only mafia hosts can have that Rico was actually more accurate with his baddie hunting than the other players. This game starts. Rico has a new emoji gimmick. I defend him from others due to the similarity of the situation to Blue Velvet. I want to see him present his own opinions before judging him, and analyze his posts in order to do so.

I utterly fail to see why any of that makes me more likely to curse him. And since Rico's limited in his vernacular, I'm not gonna get an explanation any time soon.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:26 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:24 pm Golden, what is your opinion of INH? My impression is that you aren't happy with it.
I can't read inh for shit, but this is legitimately the first game I've ever played with him where I get no baddie vibes with him. On the other hand, I think there is legitimate in thread evidence that LC perpetrated the curse.

I guess what I'm struggling with is... is inh the kind of guy to do something that so obviously links back to him? And I have no answer to that, because I don't understand his brain.
Yes. INH would do that.
Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:27 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:24 pm Becuase it makes me doubt your case.
Fair enough, but I think you should take my case out of it and look at the way he took your posts for his own ends. Just give it a think. If you really don't want to, I get it.
I have my issues with LC's behavior, yes.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

I don't get the feels for INH. Other than the weak Made vote, which can be attributed to Day 1 uncertainty, he seems rather innocuous. That last post was reasonable and a (rare) relevant reference to the meta.

I'm going to go ahead and vote TonyStarkPrime. I like Epi's early case and want to see how he responds to the pressure.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:32 pm Then again, he's also painfully aware of our failure to empathize on a mafia gameplay level, and I'm paranoid that he could be using that to divert me from his own actual scumminess. So, I can't really trust neither my gut nor my brain when it comes to him.
The problem is, I'd have no idea if my efforts to divert you would actually divert you or not :p

If I'm reading you wrong here and you're bad, I'm going to take the approach that you're always the opposite of what I think.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:26 pm

What is the in-thread evidence that LC perpetrated the curse?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I quoted it above for you!
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Baddies do love to talk about their own actions...
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:36 pm I quoted it above for you!
I see.

Nah.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Rainbow list of people currently with votes:

INH
Dom
TSP
LC
Golden

Even my lowest ranked isn't someone I'd be super comfortable lynching.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:41 pm Rainbow list of people currently with votes:

INH
Dom
TSP
LC
Golden

Whom would you want dead?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And I'll be honest, I'm only bottom for the same reason that you are often near the bottom with me. Paranoia because we don't click.

Inh, you said 'I utterly fail to see why any of that makes me more likely to curse him'. Self-assessment, how likely is it that you'd do something like that, self-reference?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Insertnamehere
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:27 am Fuck, man. Fuck! I'm more than a little drunk right now, and I can't believe that Poppy came back. Rico, your blob emoji thing was fresh and new, and carried none of the annoying subdrama that Poppy did. I'm so sad right now.
This is the post I'm talking about. To me, cursing the self-curser and then posting about it would appeal to LC. But it's a pet theory, I know.
I had thought him to be on the other team when I reread him, but I can't for the life of me remember why. But, yeah, I could see this being true, as well.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

It's been noted that TSP has not voted yet.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sprityo, why did you want me to use my vote earlier?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Vote: Long Con
Ack. I hate tie breaking.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:46 pm And I'll be honest, I'm only bottom for the same reason that you are often near the bottom with me. Paranoia because we don't click.

Inh, you said 'I utterly fail to see why any of that makes me more likely to curse him'. Self-assessment, how likely is it that you'd do something like that, self-reference?
Not very likely. Rico already limited himself this game with his emoji posting style. Adding a posting curse to him reads like a wasted opportunity.

Also it'd be funnier to curse someone who was in the game and got incredibly annoyed by Rico instead of forcing Rico to repeat himself.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sorry, walking on a beach with iffy internet.

InsertNameHere
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:45 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:41 pm Rainbow list of people currently with votes:

INH
Dom
TSP
LC
Golden

I'd rather see Boomslang, Sprityo, or Elo's name up there than any of the already chosen options, but that's just off the top of my head.

Also, can I ask why you voted for me?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:55 pm

INH
Dom
TSP
LC
Golden

I'd rather see Boomslang, Sprityo, or Elo's name up there than any of the already chosen options, but that's just off the top of my head.

I said why.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Honestly not sure why I'm being lynched here.

Explanations other than a lack of reads and some BS about how I'm more likely to curse somebody a certain way would be mucho appreciated.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:55 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:55 pm

INH
Dom
TSP
LC
Golden

I said why.
All I see is you agreeing with Rico that it "seems like something I'd do," before admitting that you don't even particularly know me that well.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Hm....
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Too late for that with 5 minutes less. I think it's a marginally better choice than Made but only marginally. If you're lynched I hope you're bad.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

TSP's vote is curious.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

It feels like I'm being targeted by players who heavily rely on meta for not really having an established meta personality and brand, unlike Epi's stubborness, Wilgy's aloofness, Rico's post-structural take on "gameplay," and Golden's golden-ness.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden

Return to “Previous Side Missions”