Posts in topic: 107

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by DrWilgy »

Or DF
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 483

Post by Golden »

I think jack/epi is town/town
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DrWilgy »

Maybe Golden
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Need to catch up
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:12 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:11 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:57 pm
(Expected response: LC was clearly bad?

Preemptive answer: Yes, which you would know if you'd stop pretending to not understand Golden's case on him. Answer the question.)
And do me a favor- lay off the snotty bullshit please. I didn't understand Golden's case on LC. Apparently a dozen other people didn't either. I get you think I'm bad. You don't have to be snotty about it. Ask your questions and move on.
Of all the players who played in Blue Velvet, why is INH the most likely curser?

Not just more likely than LC. More likely than all of them to the point where he should be lynch target priority #1.
INH revels in self-incriminating schemes. I just said this.
Citation needed. I've never seen this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Golden wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 pm I think jack/epi is town/town
Why do you think Epi is town?
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 119

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:07 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:03 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:59 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:53 pm I will once you explain to me how Long Con told the Faceless Old Lady what to curse Rico with.
Beside the point.

Of the remaining players who played in that game, why is INH the one most likely to use that curse?

Keep in mind that some of us didn't play in Blue Velvet and only know what you and Rico are on about through context clues.

Since LC was clearly bad, explain how you are so sure INH is the curser that you were willing to lynch INH instead of LC?

Preemptive answer: Yes, which you would know if you'd stop pretending to not understand Golden's case on him. Answer the question.)
I don't think LC would curse someone with that. LC is far more creative.
So now we're just full-on insinuating that I lack creativity compared to others, therefore I must be the one who cursed Rico?

Because I've been having the sinking feeling that's been the underlying sentiment behind this entire thing.
I don't think that's it. You revel in self-incriminating shit.

Who do you think cursed Ricochet?
Citation needed on that first part.

You and mayyybe Speedchuck are the people I could see having cursed right now. I also wouldn't rule out Wilgy or Sprit. I also think it's possible that someone who wasn't in BVM actually read the game to the extent where they were aware of how Rico played.

This whole damn thread's so snotty that I wish I could give it some Mucinex DM.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Epignosis »

Hopefully people are taking notice of how Jack is on this little crusade to lynch INH voters. Lynch me, lynch Tony, lynch Ricochet. Maybe by then, people will wake up.

Jack still can't explain his theory that one or two of us were trying to save LC, when all Long Con's teammate had to do was vote Dom. I could have easily voted Dom because I voted Dom Day 1. He's going with this because it helps him set the agenda for Day 3. Don't let it happen.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

INH, stop copying me. I'll defend you myself. :rolleyes:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

And do me a favor- lay off the snotty bullshit please. I didn't understand Golden's case on LC. Apparently a dozen other people didn't either. I get you think I'm bad. You don't have to be snotty about it. Ask your questions and move on.
Of all the players who played in Blue Velvet, why is INH the most likely curser?

Not just more likely than LC. More likely than all of them to the point where he should be lynch target priority #1.
The literal only thing I can think of that you could possibly be referring to is the Game of Champions where I lied and said I developed a program which could tell me whether or not someone was bad by analyzing their word choice compared to other games. I was an independent role who got more power the more their name was mentioned. This was also like four years ago.

Not really comparable to this.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JoH am I bad?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Citation needed. I've never seen this.
You've probably never seen a naked woman, but I promise you they exist.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Gut. I'd lynch him before I lynched you at this point, but neither of you are people I think would be good choices. Your case that epi is lcs teammate is viable but not damning.

I don't like tonys game. His effort to prove he isn't Marcus masks the fact there are 5 other baddies he could be, and I still don't think his thought process around his inh vote is transparent.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:18 pm

The literal only thing I can think of that you could possibly be referring to is the Game of Champions where I lied and said I developed a program which could tell me whether or not someone was bad by analyzing their word choice compared to other games. I was an independent role who got more power the more their name was mentioned. This was also like four years ago.

I also recall one I didn't play in which you made a bold, open plan to get everybody a win.

Let's do this: I didn't curse Ricochet, and let's say you didn't. Who do you think did?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:17 pm Hopefully people are taking notice of how Jack is on this little crusade to lynch INH voters. Lynch me, lynch Tony, lynch Ricochet. Maybe by then, people will wake up.

Jack still can't explain his theory that one or two of us were trying to save LC, when all Long Con's teammate had to do was vote Dom. I could have easily voted Dom because I voted Dom Day 1. He's going with this because it helps him set the agenda for Day 3. Don't let it happen.
Well shake it up baby, now.

Twist and shout.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:34 am Worth noting that Dom had votes, then LC gathered votes, then late votes came not on LC, esp on INH....but not Dom.

Assuming INH and LC not teamed, why not push on Dom? Why vote INH?

Theory 1) Dom and LC w/w.

Theory 2) Teammates really thought INH argument was good and wanted cred.

Theory 3) Teammates not attempting to save LC
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm going to step back from this exchange. I think a lot of Mafia games get burned to the ground because people are sold on their own pet theories and the outliers don't get any scrutiny.

Get ready outliers. Scrutiny's a comin.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:17 pm Hopefully people are taking notice of how Jack is on this little crusade to lynch INH voters. Lynch me, lynch Tony, lynch Ricochet. Maybe by then, people will wake up.

Nice attempt to change the subject.

This is one of the most annoying things in mafia to me.

Someone gets suspected for weak reasons. But, simply due to their name being thrown around, and a large part of the thread detailed to discussing them, they become legitimate targets for the lynch, mostly out of the other players' laziness.

Epi doesn't want to engage, because the more everyone talks about me, the easier it's gonna be to lynch me. It's in his best interest to prolong and prolong as long as humanly possible, and hope that sheer momentum pokes players into not reading the exchanges and instead assume that there's logic-based reasoning there. As long as he makes me into an option, that's one more option that's not him or his teammates.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What if Dom is also lcs teammate? I don't like this straw man. The idea that some inh voters were aiming to save lc is a fundamentally sound line of enquiry, whether it's ultimately right or wrong. I don't believe jack is lying about it being a genuine hunt.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I hope neverwhere reemerges, I've been waiting to play with her.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:22 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:18 pm

I also recall one I didn't play in which you made a bold, open plan to get everybody a win.

Let's do this: I didn't curse Ricochet, and let's say you didn't. Who do you think did?
That was a weird Llama game with three teams and complicated rules.

Both of these examples are of me utilizing special game mechanics to directly profit. Doesn't really track with the Rico curse.

If we assume it has to be someone from Blue Velvet, I'd say Speed or Wilgy. Possibly Sprit.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:24 pm

What if Dom is also lcs teammate? I don't like this straw man. The idea that some inh voters were aiming to save lc is a fundamentally sound line of enquiry, whether it's ultimately right or wrong. I don't believe jack is lying about it being a genuine hunt.
I considered this, but I don't think Dom is Long Con's teammate. Dom voted for himself. Do you think Dom is Long Con's teammate?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Golden wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:21 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Gut. I'd lynch him before I lynched you at this point, but neither of you are people I think would be good choices. Your case that epi is lcs teammate is viable but not damning.

I don't like tonys game. His effort to prove he isn't Marcus masks the fact there are 5 other baddies he could be, and I still don't think his thought process around his inh vote is transparent.
Tony's lack of townie progression on INH and comments on LC before his vote make me okay with lynching Tony before Epi.

If Tony flips SMaf, I'll re-evaluate Epi.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Nice attempt to change the subject.

This is one of the most annoying things in mafia to me.

Someone gets suspected for weak reasons. But, simply due to their name being thrown around, and a large part of the thread detailed to discussing them, they become legitimate targets for the lynch, mostly out of the other players' laziness.

Epi doesn't want to engage, because the more everyone talks about me, the easier it's gonna be to lynch me. It's in his best interest to prolong and prolong as long as humanly possible, and hope that sheer momentum pokes players into not reading the exchanges and instead assume that there's logic-based reasoning there. As long as he makes me into an option, that's one more option that's not him or his teammates.
I would love to change the subject. I just commented about that in a recent post.

Yes, I think you are bad, but my mind is open.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:01 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:15 pm Like ricos readslist, even though he continues to tunnel incorrectly on me. I'd probably have to catch every baddie for him to reconsider. I'll just give you a dose of wifom and say - I'd not agree to curse you. It was an irrational decision and I don't like me or my teammates using their powers to be more amusing than effective. At very least I'd argue strenuously against it.

In jacks analysis, the thing that stood out that I hadn't noticed before was lcs attempt to poke holes in tsps attempts to stop looking like Marcus. My guess is that if tsp is bad, he's a politician.
Seriously.

That post restriction is less distracting than his self imposed one.

Remind me to pm you good examples of how to use a curse after the game is over.

A good curse can detain a day or cause a modkill.

Plus, not everyone even played in the Poppy game. It's irrelevant now cause LC knew about it but you needlessly confirm that mafia isn't say, Jack/Tony/Slam.

Up yer game, scum.
OK, I hesitated on this, but I need to say this. I am pretty sure you are a nice person, so I don't think you need to be insulting to people, but you are coming off as insulting people. In this example, I don't think Golden needs lessons in how to use curses effectively--and usually, at least around these parts, a curse that would actually cause a modkill would probably be against the rules. And, really, we all know how to use curses.

I am not wrong about game theory because I disagree with you. Epig, actually, does know how to read. And silencing roles aren't inherently bad and a poor role to use in games.

The way you think about games and your strategy are not better than anyone else's. You are playing with people who have a lot of experience--we are not newbies. We may play a game different from the ones you are used to playing on other sites--but this site evolved out of the games that we've been playing for years.

Several of your posts have seemed to teeter on the side of being personal about players, instead of just saying you think they are bad. And it, quite honestly, doesn't compel me to want to read your posts. Please try to be more considerate and generally respectful of other people, and their experience, in your posts. Thank you.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:31 pm I looked at the votes with the alternate view that Long Con was being thrown under the bus. I don't think that happened either. speedchuck voted first, as he did with Made. I don't think Lorab is the type to shell a teammate like that (although I don't know what she meant about ties- I don't recall it being a tie when she voted). sprityo's reasons for voting LC look organic enough. INH voted to save his own ass.

No, Long Con's team stayed on the sidelines.
What's that, Marcus? You were tracking the vote and it was absolutely a tie when I voted--unless, you happen to know that it actually wasn't because there was already an extra vote on another player....

I've been reading you as increasingly bad this whole night cycle. Your posts are way too similar to those in the office when we were baddies together--I'm more and more convinced that you totally were attempting to save LC, and now you're trying to debunk the theory that you did exactly what you did.

This post tipped the scales.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The hell?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lorab, I was going off memory. I was not tracking the votes. I read back through people's reasons for voting LC, saw your comment about a tie, and remembered reading it without seeing a tie in the poll.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: Welcome to Night Vale [POLLS]

Post by nijuukyugou »

What should be the most illegal banned substance in Night Vale?

Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

You may select 1 option

writing utensils
21%
Voters: Boomslang, Jackofhearts2005, LoRab
barcode scanners
14%
Voters: Elohcin, Dom
margarita glasses
7%
Voters: timmer
pocket calculators
14%
Voters: Golden, TonyStarkPrime
wheat and wheat by-products
14%
Voters: sprityo, DrWilgy
breathing as an involuntary muscular action
No votes
Voters: None
murder
14%
Voters: speedchuck, insertnamehere
puppies (host, non, mod, dead)
14%
Voters: nutella, nijuukyugou
Total votes: 14
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Golden w/w LC?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

:ponder:
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sick... help...
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Nah, nap time...
Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:29 pm

I considered this, but I don't think Dom is Long Con's teammate. Dom voted for himself. Do you think Dom is Long Con's teammate?
Dom meant to vote for me.

I'm leaning town on Dom, so no I don't particularly, but if he is bad I think it more likely he is lcs teammate than him being a politician based on their interactions with each other and me and the Nutella kill.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:41 pm Lorab, I was going off memory. I was not tracking the votes. I read back through people's reasons for voting LC, saw your comment about a tie, and remembered reading it without seeing a tie in the poll.
Regardless, still reading you as bad. And not sure I believe you.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:45 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Dom meant to vote for me.

I'm leaning town on Dom, so no I don't particularly, but if he is bad I think it more likely he is lcs teammate than him being a politician based on their interactions with each other and me and the Nutella kill.
How does that happen? Your name is five places below his.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:41 pm Lorab, I was going off memory. I was not tracking the votes. I read back through people's reasons for voting LC, saw your comment about a tie, and remembered reading it without seeing a tie in the poll.
Regardless, still reading you as bad. And not sure I believe you.
If I wanted to save LC, all I had to do was vote Dom again. I didn't. I wanted to lynch INH.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:19 pmJoH am I bad?
Idk. Are you?

@Lorab

We're on a team, I'm pretty sure. Let's be friends.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Pax says I'm way nicer in person :(
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by nijuukyugou »

Listerners, today begins Night Vale's Poetry Week, occurring in tandem with the Intern Relay.

As you know, Poetry Week requires every citizen to write hundreds of poems. Constantly. During this time, the City Council enacts a temporary lift of the ban on writing utensils, thesauruses, and descriptions of the moon so citizens can complete their creative endeavors during the week. We at the Station will use this broadcast to showcase a few poems sent in by our listeners.

This haiku comes from Simone Rigadeau, transient in the Earth Sciences building at Night Vale Community College:

in the dark, the roach
teeth bite with fervor. Scuttle
Scuttle scuttle squish.

Very pretty, Simone! Thank you.

Our next poem comes from Telly the Barber. He writes:

Howling.
Howling.
The locks slip through my fingers.
The blood slips through my fingers.
The cactus. It speaks.
Its voice cannot be heard.
Its spines cannot be cut.
It howls.
I howl
Sorry.

Nice try, Telly, but you will never be forgiven for the massacre of Carlos' stunning coiffe. Never.

Our last poem of the broadcast comes from last night's poetry reading, featuring one of our interns in the relay:

Faceless Woman
I see you
in the corner of my eye
I will not hail
your Glow
I will not stare
at your faceless
I will not vote
for five
Quit moving
my chess pieces
It's
annoying

After reading the poem, he then dissolved into screams and colorful confetti which smelled faintly of charcoal and fennel. Too bad, Intern DFaraday. You're a pretty good poet, but no one's really seen the Faceless Old Woman. Silly Intern.

Intern DFaraday has been killed by the Politicians.

It is now Day 3. You have 24 hours to find the murderous intern. Additionally, post a poem of any type, any genre, ideally original and weird, for Poetry Week.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thanatopsis
By William Cullen Bryant
To him who in the love of Nature holds
Communion with her visible forms, she speaks
A various language; for his gayer hours
She has a voice of gladness, and a smile
And eloquence of beauty, and she glides
Into his darker musings, with a mild
And healing sympathy, that steals away
Their sharpness, ere he is aware. When thoughts
Of the last bitter hour come like a blight
Over thy spirit, and sad images
Of the stern agony, and shroud, and pall,
And breathless darkness, and the narrow house,
Make thee to shudder, and grow sick at heart;—
Go forth, under the open sky, and list
To Nature’s teachings, while from all around—
Earth and her waters, and the depths of air—
Comes a still voice—
Yet a few days, and thee
The all-beholding sun shall see no more
In all his course; nor yet in the cold ground,
Where thy pale form was laid, with many tears,
Nor in the embrace of ocean, shall exist
Thy image. Earth, that nourished thee, shall claim
Thy growth, to be resolved to earth again,
And, lost each human trace, surrendering up
Thine individual being, shalt thou go
To mix for ever with the elements,
To be a brother to the insensible rock
And to the sluggish clod, which the rude swain
Turns with his share, and treads upon. The oak
Shall send his roots abroad, and pierce thy mould.
Yet not to thine eternal resting-place
Shalt thou retire alone, nor couldst thou wish
Couch more magnificent. Thou shalt lie down
With patriarchs of the infant world—with kings,
The powerful of the earth—the wise, the good,
Fair forms, and hoary seers of ages past,
All in one mighty sepulchre. The hills
Rock-ribbed and ancient as the sun,—the vales
Stretching in pensive quietness between;
The venerable woods—rivers that move
In majesty, and the complaining brooks
That make the meadows green; and, poured round all,
Old Ocean’s gray and melancholy waste,—
Are but the solemn decorations all
Of the great tomb of man. The golden sun,
The planets, all the infinite host of heaven,
Are shining on the sad abodes of death,
Through the still lapse of ages. All that tread
The globe are but a handful to the tribes
That slumber in its bosom.—Take the wings
Of morning, pierce the Barcan wilderness,
Or lose thyself in the continuous woods
Where rolls the Oregon, and hears no sound,
Save his own dashings—yet the dead are there:
And millions in those solitudes, since first
The flight of years began, have laid them down
In their last sleep—the dead reign there alone.
So shalt thou rest, and what if thou withdraw
In silence from the living, and no friend
Take note of thy departure? All that breathe
Will share thy destiny. The gay will laugh
When thou art gone, the solemn brood of care
Plod on, and each one as before will chase
His favorite phantom; yet all these shall leave
Their mirth and their employments, and shall come
And make their bed with thee. As the long train
Of ages glide away, the sons of men,
The youth in life’s green spring, and he who goes
In the full strength of years, matron and maid,
The speechless babe, and the gray-headed man—
Shall one by one be gathered to thy side,
By those, who in their turn shall follow them.
So live, that when thy summons comes to join
The innumerable caravan, which moves
To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
His chamber in the silent halls of death,
Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave,
Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Listeners, here is the next tape in the set I found. Hopefully, this one works:

Interns, today no intern may place a 4th vote on any player. Any votes placed 4th will not count.

Vote modifiers will still be applied.

This community event and announcement has been brought to you by Subway.

"You can run from what you eat, you can't run from what's eating you."

Subway. Eat Fresh.

Hmmm, shrieking and sizzles. I'll keep trying to fix this.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

While I figure out this tape player, I take you to the weather:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Bump bump bump. Another wolf bites the dust.
Image Image Image
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Resumé
Dorothy Parker
Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
by T.S. Eliot
Let us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table;
Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,
The muttering retreats
Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels
And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells:
Streets that follow like a tedious argument
Of insidious intent
To lead you to an overwhelming question ...
Oh, do not ask, “What is it?”
Let us go and make our visit.

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo.

The yellow fog that rubs its back upon the window-panes,
The yellow smoke that rubs its muzzle on the window-panes,
Licked its tongue into the corners of the evening,
Lingered upon the pools that stand in drains,
Let fall upon its back the soot that falls from chimneys,
Slipped by the terrace, made a sudden leap,
And seeing that it was a soft October night,
Curled once about the house, and fell asleep.

And indeed there will be time
For the yellow smoke that slides along the street,
Rubbing its back upon the window-panes;
There will be time, there will be time
To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet;
There will be time to murder and create,
And time for all the works and days of hands
That lift and drop a question on your plate;
Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions,
Before the taking of a toast and tea.

In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo.

And indeed there will be time
To wonder, “Do I dare?” and, “Do I dare?”
Time to turn back and descend the stair,
With a bald spot in the middle of my hair —
(They will say: “How his hair is growing thin!”)
My morning coat, my collar mounting firmly to the chin,
My necktie rich and modest, but asserted by a simple pin —
(They will say: “But how his arms and legs are thin!”)
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

For I have known them all already, known them all:
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
I know the voices dying with a dying fall
Beneath the music from a farther room.
So how should I presume?

And I have known the eyes already, known them all—
The eyes that fix you in a formulated phrase,
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?

And I have known the arms already, known them all—
Arms that are braceleted and white and bare
(But in the lamplight, downed with light brown hair!)
Is it perfume from a dress
That makes me so digress?
Arms that lie along a table, or wrap about a shawl.
And should I then presume?
And how should I begin?

Shall I say, I have gone at dusk through narrow streets
And watched the smoke that rises from the pipes
Of lonely men in shirt-sleeves, leaning out of windows? ...

I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.

And the afternoon, the evening, sleeps so peacefully!
Smoothed by long fingers,
Asleep ... tired ... or it malingers,
Stretched on the floor, here beside you and me.
Should I, after tea and cakes and ices,
Have the strength to force the moment to its crisis?
But though I have wept and fasted, wept and prayed,
Though I have seen my head (grown slightly bald) brought in upon a platter,
I am no prophet — and here’s no great matter;
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
And in short, I was afraid.

And would it have been worth it, after all,
After the cups, the marmalade, the tea,
Among the porcelain, among some talk of you and me,
Would it have been worth while,
To have bitten off the matter with a smile,
To have squeezed the universe into a ball
To roll it towards some overwhelming question,
To say: “I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all”—
If one, settling a pillow by her head
Should say: “That is not what I meant at all;
That is not it, at all.”

And would it have been worth it, after all,
Would it have been worth while,
After the sunsets and the dooryards and the sprinkled streets,
After the novels, after the teacups, after the skirts that trail along the floor—
And this, and so much more?—
It is impossible to say just what I mean!
But as if a magic lantern threw the nerves in patterns on a screen:
Would it have been worth while
If one, settling a pillow or throwing off a shawl,
And turning toward the window, should say:
“That is not it at all,
That is not what I meant, at all.”

No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—
Almost, at times, the Fool.

I grow old ... I grow old ...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

RIPIYWG DF.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:56 pm @Lorab

Still not quite trusting you. But I'm willing to be convinced that you're civ.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:57 pm
Pax says I'm way nicer in person :(
I assume you are! That's actually why I said what I did--because I don't think you mean to come off as not nice in some of your posts.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I adore Dorothy Parker.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Because my name was also present next to his on the poll as I voted for him? Or something else, I dunno.

Linki - does a fifth vote count?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

If 4th votes don't count, do the votes after it still count?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:56 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:19 pmJoH am I bad?
Idk. Are you?

@Lorab

This would be both a dodge of a question and a good lie detector statement... mainly because I don't think it was on porpoise.

I'm sorry I haven't been super active recently work these past two days have been a strain on my existence.

Also... don't listen to the politicians lies.

A poem:
*pulls tooth and places it on keyboard. Dabs some blood onto a cotton ball and closes it in a neaby journal.*
Thank you brain for never accepting the truth, for the untruth is what keeps me happy.
Thank you world government for hiding the truth, for the untuth is what keeps me happy.
*licks the journal and goes to bed*
Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by timmer »

Some people think that poems should rhyme.
I disagree most of the time.

Gang, I'm caught up and finally around. I've spent the day off and on reading back. I didn't gleam (glean?) any insights out of it, though, but at least I'm finally here.
My siggie.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”